Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gundam Wing

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

RE: Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
    Deep philosophy? Are you fucking kidding me? New Gundam series are made to sell action figures, not debate politics.
    Don't forget video games and model kits. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Originally posted by: Deblas
    Deep philosophy? Are you fucking kidding me? New Gundam series are made to sell action figures, not debate politics.
    Don't forget video games and model kits. [img][/img]
    AND PROBLY SOME SORT OF TRADING CARDS

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

personaly i like almost all the gundam series. seed and wing are definitly my 2 favorites out of them though but i'm a little bit unfair because wing was my first anime series ever watched like a few of the ppl here. G was good haven't watched 0083. and yes the sell crap loads of action figures cards and other junk from the series. ^^ well thats about it ^^

If you want a deep anime perhaps you'd want to check out Zeta, or even try to sit through the original MSG. Wing was alright. Its an AU and I accept that it doesn't use physics that the other gundam series do so thats why its alil more superpowered than the rest. The designs are probably one of my favorite parts of Wing. That and mobile dolls. Either way its an okay series aslong as its uncut. But be warned there are some annoying parts to it.

And as for the question at hand. Seed is far far better than Wing. And Destiny is proving to be even better than Seed. Its an awesome new timeline that any gundam fan should check out.

OK THANKS, that's a good opinion.

The original gundam stories were sci-fi novels written in the early 70's. The original gundam series was made in 76 and ran for 3 seasons.
    Every gundam show since then has basicly been a re-telling of the same facist vs fuedal government story, with variations for setting, time line, and mecha designs.
    gundam z and zz while officially set after the orginal ms:g are basicaly the same strory re-told with new mecha- same for 0083, wing, seed, v, etc...
    Teh only original reimaginations have been g-gundam, which I personaly hate, but some people love for the more 70's-ish super robat battle take on the action, and turn a gundam, which is part of the official ms:g universal century story, but set way in to the future. I like turn-a, which most people hate. Go fig.
    Wing was he uc story line spread out over half a dozen pilots or so with a g-gunddam style flavor of the week gundam for each. Same could be said for seed, but the writting for seed is a thousand times better than wing. There were so many factions, groups, politcal parties, terrorist goups, and false alliances in wing that maciavelli would shoot himself if he had to figure it out.
    The better side stories like the 0080 or 08th ms team ova's stand out for their better than average writing and excellent animation and mecha designs in both. 0080 hits you over the head with its anti-war posturing, but 08th is more subtle about its messages, but they are still there.

If you really want a mecha show with philosophy, go watch Evangellion or Rahxephon (aka dance dance evangellion). Just remember that both series are animated 12 step programs for theor writers and you can enjou them that much more.

A really good balls to the wall action mecha show with a good story is the votoms series- scopedogs rule. Dougram is good if you can find it too, but not as well done.

Lol, dance dance Evangelion.... true.... I also liked Gunparade March for a decent mecha anime. Full Metal Panic (first series) too, although it tended to focus more on comedy.

Gundam Wing is actually really popular among fangirls for some reason, and there is an amazing amount of fanart for it. I finally picked it up just to see what all the fuss was about. I wasn't that impressed, and thought it was a bit simplistic and boring. Saw about 2/3 of it. That being said the mecha designs were kind of fun, and I still play one of the vs. games based on the show on my emulator once in a while.

i believe the original gundam show was shown in 1979 not 1976...

Doh! you're right- was 79, not 76. Too much star wars on the brain lately.....

all the gundam info you never wanted to know:

http://www.gundamofficial.com/index.html

Team 08>zeta>0093>S>Blue Destiny>Turn A>0079>0080>0083>ZZ>V>G>X> SEED>SEED destiny>W>G savior

i completely agree with you!!!

Originally posted by: Crows_Kill
    Doh! you're right- was 79, not 76. Too much star wars on the brain lately.....

all the gundam info you never wanted to know:

http://www.gundamofficial.com/index.html
    Star Wars was 77....

I think Gundam Wing is much better than Seed. In Wing it really emphasizes on the war. In Seed, all it is about Kira and his emotions. Seriously, how many times has Kira cried throughout the series. You don't see Heero crying much.

I would love to see Hiro crying. As he's slowly lowered in to the live nuclear reactor of his overloaded self destructing gundam. I just wish xomeone one do a "phantom edit" of wing where he gets to succceed in destroying his gundam at the first attempt. That would be closure.

And in case yor wondering, I'm laying off teh crack now....

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Rik
    You don't see Heero crying much.
    lol. Your right. This is Heero's emotions throughout the whole series.

- Happy Heero

- Sad Heero

- Shy Heero

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Gundam Wing

Hehe a great series, definitely worth watching. I think it's a lot better than Gundam Seed.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Rik
    I think Gundam Wing is much better than Seed. In Wing it really emphasizes on the war. In Seed, all it is about Kira and his emotions. Seriously, how many times has Kira cried throughout the series. You don't see Heero crying much.
    thats because heero is a fucking robot, no human could be like that during war like when he protects releena "what am i doing she should die, im stupid" a person with a normally functioning brain doesnt think like that. what makes seed good is partly the character development something wing didnt have.

EDIT: hahahahahhhaa didnt notice deblas's post, thats so true. it works the same with the other 4 main characters to, they have one facial expression.

At first I thought it was only a few individuals who preferred Wing to Seed. Now more and more people are popping up saying they liked Wing more than Seed. I really cannot understand why......... Have you people honestly tried understanding the stories of both series? Sure Wing's the first Gundam to reach the states but saying it's much better than Seed is just too baffling.....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

meh... i still don't understand the reasoning behind debating which is better than which... in the end of the day the important question should be, "Did I enjoy it or not?"

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    meh... i still don't understand the reasoning behind debating which is better than which... in the end of the day the important question should be, "Did I enjoy it or not?"
    tru..
    i did enjoyed it.