Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anime v.s. manga poll

anime v.s. manga poll

Explain your reasonings and give examples

I think they cannot because it's all about the storyline and since anime follows manga storyline... unless anime before manga which I am not that familiar with

RE: anime v.s. manga poll

I voted no because an anime is based upon the manga. Without the manga, there would be no anime. But there are some cases where animes don't have a manga and are just as good (Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Seed/Destiny, etc.). And besides, sometimes the anime tends to edit out details that was seen in the manga. And then theres the fillers...
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

anime v.s. manga poll

Yeah, I think it's possible.
    For example, Air was pretty good and it was based on a dating sim.
    Or was there a manga about it?

Yeah, anime can be good without a good manga, take a look at what NM said.

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Gundam Seed/Destiny.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are in my favourite anime category.
    Also I'm really enjoying GS/D also.

I really hate the fact that anime is stereotyped into being nothing more than an adaptation of the manga. Two of the three greatest animated series I've ever watched weren't based on comics.

i don't read manga. so i can do without manga.

That really has nothing to do with this poll at all. It was asking whether the anime could be built without the foundation of the manga, not which is better or which you'd rather have.

Of course, Bubblegum Crisis is one of my favourite ever OVAs and had a pretty good series as well. There is a manga/comic by an American artist, but that was based on the characters (not the story) and setting of the original 80s OVA...

Originally posted by: Y The Alien
    That really has nothing to do with this poll at all. It was asking whether the anime could be built without the foundation of the manga, not which is better or which you'd rather have.
    ow then i got it wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] then i don't know cuzz i don't know whitch anime has a manga.

It definately can. Just look at Ah my goddess. The manga is really boring and random (in my opinion, don't flame me), but the anime is pretty good. The only thing is that it deters from the manga by a lot. So the anime more or less is based on the major parts of the manga.

It still follows the manga storyline though.

Jounin

Of course it can.. But usally the best animes have ha manga it's based on, with a few exeptions as ppl have mentioned above.. So in other words, anime tend to be better and bigger if there is a manga..

Are you guys sure that CB and SC isnt based on a manga cause i have seen manga version of them or were the manga made after the animes?

I voted no cause most animes need a good manga behind them or else they will suck if they are made by some animator.

Angel Sanctuary for teh win !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (L)

The anime (OVA) was cool too though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] , but I'd go for the manga anytime ^^
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

i'd say yes. look at witch hunter robin.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    Are you guys sure that CB and SC isnt based on a manga cause i have seen manga version of them or were the manga made after the animes?

I voted no cause most animes need a good manga behind them or else they will suck if they are made by some animator.
    They're made after the Anime.

I still find this thread very rediculous... it's like asking "Is a movie only good when it's based off a book, novel etc..."

A good story IS a good story in whatever medium it is portrayed... they are not dependent of each other....

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    I still find this thread very rediculous... it's like asking "Is a movie only good when it's based off a book, novel etc..."

A good story IS a good story in whatever medium it is portrayed... they are not dependent of each other....
    Correct to the max. Thread close?

Originally posted by: Budweineken

end of line.

ok i guess this was kinda pointless...

but i still don't think you can make a good anime out of a shitty manga

end of story