Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist

Umm wow ... hahaa. That was crazy.

Holy crap!
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

ANBU Captain
    is that Al's body or a younger hoenheim? when they made the first stone the homonculous(sp.) seemed to have cloned Light's body. Maybe that is Al's original body....

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    uh oh.

this thing is right on the cusp. it just hit the EPIC button, but, i'm afraid i don't see many options left that lead to a happy ending besides the big old RESET button.

that or a vague/flighty "Father just becomes the universe and everyone continues to live inside of him" end, or something with alternate universes or...

honestly, i can't imagine how the mangaka is going to write her way out of this. but, i don't believe, not for one second, that all those people are dead. and if some of them can't be dead, none of them can't be dead. and, goddamnit, she better have a solid story to lead to the happy ending...

the chapter:
    I am more than a little furious that the fight with Scar and Wrath just ended where it did.

Oh, Greed, what a nice try!

Never even considered about Ed always fighting bigger opponents. Thought that was a rather clever for the standard mid-fight banter.

Motherfucking eclipses and cocoons and human sacrifices. i only read two manga, and they're both full of this shit.

it looks way too strong to be just Al's body, but the resemblance is uncanny. In fact, if Father had to choose from some kind of body, it would probably be the form he took from Hoenheim, or the body beyond the Gate (Al's). of course, I don't think Father could possibly envy (intended as a pun) that shriveled body, so he made some modifications of his own.

i think it's striking how much the form resembles Envy's "preferred" appearance.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Jounin
    Why do everyone believe it's Al or someone elses body? I just feel like it's still the same body but it's young. Since they showed the Xerxes part recently Hoenheim's appearance as young was still fresh in my mind. And that looks exactly like Hoenheim young.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/74/33/
    http://reader.sugooi.org/?m=Fullmeta...ist&c=104&p=48

Wow, it really does. That is beyond creepy.

oh, goddamn. you're totally right.

i guess i just had the image of Envy in mind since he comes around more, and we see him before we get the flashback with Xerxes

edit - still, i can't help but wonder if Envy didn't get his idea for his "ideal body" from Father's longing. he is, after all, just a piece of Father's psyche. it would mirror the moment with Greed in this episode.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I thought it looked like Hoenheim as a youngster as well, since he and Ed sort of shared a lot of qualities. It would make sense that Father'd reincarnate himself back to the man, the human he modeled himself after.

So he has basically become a god now? This is so interesting. Probably the most epic manga chapter to come out this week. I really want to know just how they will defeat him. He was already mad strong before the transmute. It's gonna be a looong month waiting for that next chapter >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZeroAlastor
    This is so interesting. Probably the most epic manga chapter to come out this week.
    Im guessing you don't read Onepiece?

Recently had a marathon of FMA:Brotherhood and then the manga and all I can say is WOW! Pretty amazing and crazy stuff. I actually loved the first FMA anime but the remake anime and the manga blow it out of the water on almost every count. The characters are a lot deeper than I ever imagined. I love how there is a lot more emphasis on the characters that AREN'T alchemists and how important their roles are.

Though there are some things I don't like which will hopefully get explained soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem
    Though there are some things I don't like which will hopefully get explained soon.
    out of curiosity, what might that be?

needless to say, yeah, the manga (and Brotherhood) are pretty king. but i am interested in seeing how it ends, particularly with it looking like the author will have to back out of all the death in this episode, hopefully without too much bullshit...

Just what exactly "Homunculus" was before he was in that flask. Where did he come from and why did he have all of that knowledge. I've got my own guesses and stuff on it and I do still assume that it will be explained so it doesn't bug me THAT much. It just irked me that this character, in the story's timeline and based on what we know thus far, came basically out of nowhere. I know him being trapped in the flask relates even to alchemy outside of FMA but that's a different discussion.

This is mostly due to my impatience because the series really has surpassed my expectations in EVERY way imaginable!
    Last edited by FireEmblem; Mon, 02-15-2010 at 04:28 AM.

I finally went back and read every single chapter of this manga and caught up with the story all the way. Wow ... very, very good. I was a big fan of the original series/movie but this manga really surprised me.

When do they normally release a new chapter, once a month? I'm very excited to see what happens next.

Crap, I thought the new chapter was out. And to answer your question, yes, this is a monthly publication, usually between the 10th and 15th (12th seems to be the historic date).

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos
    Crap, I thought the new chapter was out. And to answer your question, yes, this is a monthly publication, usually between the 10th and 15th (12th seems to be the historic date).
    Ah thanks! It should be coming out soon! =) I cant wait.

edit: Side note, was Pride and Wrath both absorbed into Father as well? If so... doesn't he now have Wrath, Pride (and gluttony) back in his system now? Thought it'd be interesting cause it may be his weakness that the heros can exploit.
    Last edited by Rekeco; Sun, 03-14-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Sorry for the double post:

Chapter 105 - Online Viewing

Wow, Warth is a beast, he took ALL of that to take him out and he still fought to the very end.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot, looks like that reverse transmutation circle was just a counter-trap to reactivate alchemy. I just want to see Pride get destroyed next then a all out free for all against Father in the next chapter. It's going to be great!

So THAT'S why it took so long to sub, it was worth it too. I'm both glad and disappointed that happened, then again I expected something of the like so I'm not that disappointed. I'm excited about next week's ass-whooping.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydreamx
    does anyone know what it says on this page?http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/105/66/
    Page 66:
    SFX: CRAAAAASH

Ed: Suck on that...
    Sitting on your throne acting all high and mighty...now it's DUST.
    Last edited by Marik; Sun, 03-14-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added quote.