PDA

View Full Version : Next Big Anime Series

Black ops
Sat, 04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
What do you think is going to be the next big anime series? I mean Naruto is still going and Bleach is just getting off the ground in episodes compared to Naruto. Prince of Tennis is finished and replaced by Eyeshield 21. What do you think is going to be the next big anime or sleeper hit? As for me I'm not sure.

Board of Command
Sat, 04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Erementar Gerad, if it goes that long.

Aeon
Sun, 04-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Does it have to be a long running show to count? I dunno how many eps are planned but I think the next big hit is going to be Tsubasa Chronicle.

Black ops
Sun, 04-17-2005, 11:36 PM
No. Just the next big series.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:31 AM
i guees Mar and Eyeshield21 are gonna be the next big things from all the new stuff that's out, uhhhh Bleach's popularity will rise but won't be able to beat the Naruto fanboys i think and well no other series are really catching my attention right now, Erementar Gerad looks like it'll turn out like any other anime you've ever seen but it's watchable, and Sosei no Aquarion(sp?) first ep was just down right weird

Enderz
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I think bleach will rise to the top but i still think that naruto will be the nr 1 of all anime

Turkish-S
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:08 AM
no i think bleach is for a wider group of people. naruto is more for the litle people and bleach is more 4 litle +teen people... that's what i think.

Chaos
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:55 PM
For the new anime series I'd say Erementar Gerad(looks really good IMO)...for other long running series I'd say Naruto.

Enderz
Mon, 04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
what's eremantar gerad for anime ??

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
no i think bleach is for a wider group of people. naruto is more for the litle people and bleach is more 4 litle +teen people... that's what i think.

I don't think that is the case. BOTH , Bleach and Naruto run in Shonen Jump, which means that the audience is the same

Board of Command
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
i guees Mar and Eyeshield21 are gonna be the next big things from all the new stuff that's out, uhhhh Bleach's popularity will rise but won't be able to beat the Naruto fanboys i think and well no other series are really catching my attention right now, Erementar Gerad looks like it'll turn out like any other anime you've ever seen but it's watchable, and Sosei no Aquarion(sp?) first ep was just down right weird
A friend recommended Aquarion to me and said it has amazing animation and potential, but when I watched it the animation was nothing to boast about and the potential must have been very subtle. Weird? In a way, yes.

Chaos
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

A friend recommended Aquarion to me and said it has amazing animation and potential, but when I watched it the animation was nothing to boast about and the potential must have been very subtle. Weird? In a way, yes.

Yeah I think Sousei no Aquarion is decent... the animation is pretty good.

Spoilers.....

I didn't like the ending to the first episode where all of a sudden the main character can pilot a mecha...was a complete let down for me.

greateachermin
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
hey, you guys should check out Basilisk ~Manuscript of the Kouga Ninja Arts~, its a SICK anime...
its about ninja fighting abilities and all that fighting stuff, i only saw one episode so far and i'm hooked.
its basically like an R rated adult version of Naruto... we'll see where it goes from there

jing
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:05 AM
I don't think naruto was ever first....

Turkish-S
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:48 AM
speed grapher look's sick u should check it out...

r3n
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
ive had bleach on my PC for a while but ive never bothered watching past the first couple of eps, seems just like rahxephon with all the killing of the monsters that nobody else can see (but without the mechs i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). does it get better?

Munsu
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm not even gonna answer that... just gonna say that you can't be any more wrong...

Shanks
Tue, 04-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
ive had bleach on my PC for a while but ive never bothered watching past the first couple of eps, seems just like rahxephon with all the killing of the monsters that nobody else can see (but without the mechs ). does it get better?
WATCH IT! it gets way better, i havent seen those weird hollow things for a long time because its all about these death gods now and all the death gods are cool, i didnt like bleach till like episode 14 now i like it alot so you should watch it, it gets way better IMO

Black ops
Tue, 04-19-2005, 11:02 PM
I've been hearing alot of good stuff about Speed Grapher. I'll wait for the A-E release though. I never did like shinsen that much.

joker-kun
Wed, 04-20-2005, 06:08 AM
I think Trinity Blood is gonna turnout big. Other then that, probably Tsubasa since there is something like 7 groups subbing it. Now if this includes next season, the new season of FMP for sure.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I've heard several people mention "trinity blood", what is it supposed to be about?

AirAir
Wed, 04-20-2005, 04:29 PM
i think "he is my master" looks pretty good.. i wonder whos gonna subb it.................

drunkgohan
Thu, 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: Shanks
WATCH IT! it gets way better, i havent seen those weird hollow things for a long time because its all about these death gods now and all the death gods are cool, i didnt like bleach till like episode 14 now i like it alot so you should watch it, it gets way better IMO
I have to disagree. I think Bleach started out with ideas that while not entirely original but were still pretty fresh and interesting and had as much to do with the story as with cool battles, but then for some reason they decided to make Hollows into wimpy nothings that are easily destroyed in their hundreds. Now, the whole "trip to Soul Society" story arc has started to devolve the story into yet another "tournament saga" like Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto to a lesser extent, and others where they set up an endless series of battles so they don't need to use their brains to think up stories anymore. Now it's just the weekly "which Shinigami will they fight next" thing. I think there's hope for the show though--it's clear they've got some sort of internal Shinigami conflict brewing, so with any luck they'll get out of this formulaic bullshit and get back to some other more interesting plots.

IMO Bleach is already the next big thing with the fansub crowd--just look at the download stats--but the next big thing in Japan will probably be something with a lot less Japanese influences and more Western and sports themes (e.g., Prince of Tennis and One Piece). So Eyeshield seems to be a good bet (I just can't bring myself to watch a football anime though--not unless people are saying it's the best anime of all time).

g0at
Fri, 04-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by: drunkgohan

Originally posted by: Shanks
I have to disagree. I think Bleach started out with ideas that while not entirely original but were still pretty fresh and interesting and had as much to do with the story as with cool battles, but then for some reason they decided to make Hollows into wimpy nothings that are easily destroyed in their hundreds. Now, the whole "trip to Soul Society" story arc has started to devolve the story into yet another "tournament saga" like Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto to a lesser extent, and others where they set up an endless series of battles so they don't need to use their brains to think up stories anymore. Now it's just the weekly "which Shinigami will they fight next" thing. I think there's hope for the show though--it's clear they've got some sort of internal Shinigami conflict brewing, so with any luck they'll get out of this formulaic bullshit and get back to some other more interesting plots.

IMO Bleach is already the next big thing with the fansub crowd--just look at the download stats--but the next big thing in Japan will probably be something with a lot less Japanese influences and more Western and sports themes (e.g., Prince of Tennis and One Piece). So Eyeshield seems to be a good bet (I just can't bring myself to watch a football anime though--not unless people are saying it's the best anime of all time).

thats how all shounen are.(crap)

doesnt look like theres gonna be anything amazing. but i like speed grapher so far....

Black ops
Fri, 04-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Just watched the A-E release of Speed Grapher. The drawing style is pretty unique compared to the other animes I watch. More of a darker tone. I'll definitely keep a tab on this thing.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I have to read about this Trinity Blood cause i have heard the name lots of time now without knowing what its about.

The show i belive most in of the new ones is Eyeshield21 if they games are done well, it can become the Prince of Tennis,

By the way i saw Erementar Gerarad it was not so good to say the least....