PDA

View Full Version : Speed Grapher

Munsu
Sat, 04-16-2005, 03:25 AM
First episode was released by Shinsen fansubs... I've been looking forward to this, and this seems like a must see for everyone

I havent seen it yet since i hate Shinsen, just waiting for Anime-Empire to start releasing

nests
Sat, 04-16-2005, 10:30 AM
You should check it our anyway I think is worth the dowload of course after Anime-Empire release their I would probably get it for archiving.

badass
Sat, 04-16-2005, 10:43 AM
This is the best new series I've seen yet. I'm still waiting for Basilisk and Trinity Blood though. The last half of the first ep was such a rip off of that shitty movie, Eyes Wide Shut. It was still a good first ep though, the series seems to have potential.

jing
Sat, 04-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Its not the typical anime. Seems like I will stick to watching this aswell.

2:25
Sun, 04-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Yay, so many new animes! I like this one. It has an interesting plot and everything; drawing style is pretty good too.

Plot Summary: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4579

Offical Site (in japanese): http://speed-grapher.com/top.html

Black ops
Sun, 04-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Whats it about?

Turkish-S
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:50 AM
it is a bit gantz style

EDIT: has Anime-Empire subbed this yet??.

Black ops
Tue, 04-19-2005, 11:06 PM
No..... hopefully soon. They subbed Beck kinda slow too.

badass
Wed, 04-20-2005, 12:19 AM
AnimeYuki has now also released the first episode of this series. A-E might still take a while.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 04-20-2005, 02:06 AM
very strange anime, left me wanting more so I will continue to watch it.

Munsu
Wed, 04-20-2005, 05:18 AM
from what i hear AnY's picture quality sucks ass.. i'm still gonna wait a bit more for A-E...

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Shinsen released eps 2. Admittedly, I prefer other groups over Shinsen, but so far at least they're doing a good job.

As for the eps itself, this series is seriously f***ed up. Considering I didn't even hear about it until a few days ago, this series is probably going to be one of my favorites for the summer.

Mut
Thu, 04-21-2005, 04:21 PM
At around 6min mark on the first ep there is background music. Can someone tell me what the title of the song that is playing is called?

Munsu
Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Don't know the song... ive heard it quite a few times before....

But this series looks like it would be great... any series with a Duran Duran song as the OP has to be awesome...

I saw the first ep from a-e and the second from Shinsen... i'll wait for a-e from now on...

Sun, 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I like the beginning song too, but to be very honest, I don't think it fits with the anime @__@

edit: not lyrics, but tune wise. Well, the first 30 seconds fitted but then further on, it stops. To each their own.

Munsu
Sun, 04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I think it fits entirely with this anime....

"Girls on Film"... pretty sure it is reffering to models, playmates and such... symbols of lust.... just like the anime is full of them...

and the protagonist is a photographer...

Psyke
Mon, 04-25-2005, 09:34 AM
I just saw the 1st episode, and I must say I'm hooked. Hope AE comes out with episode 2 soon......

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, I'm happy with Shinsen, who by the way has released eps 3

Black ops
Tue, 04-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Yea. Can someone compare the A-E and Shinsen qualities, font, translations? Shinsen is obviously faster but I downloaded A-E Beck so I'm not sure what to d/l.

Psyke
Thu, 04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
2nd ep. by A-E is out..... Can't wait to see what's gonna happen to Saiga.

Munsu
Thu, 04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by: Black ops
Yea. Can someone compare the A-E and Shinsen qualities, font, translations? Shinsen is obviously faster but I downloaded A-E Beck so I'm not sure what to d/l.

I'm not in the mood for a comparison... but everything is leagues better than shinsen... so just go with a-e...

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I think Shinsen is fine, but I'm not quite as picky as Budweineken when it comes to fansubbing groups.

Shinsen: Video seemed fine, audio was fine, and translation was good enough for me. That, and they're an eps ahead.

A-E is a more established and high quality group, but they were close enough that I don't really care. That, and I got to see eps 3 already, which was amazing.

Lefty
Thu, 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I have to agree with Ryllharu. THis series is not like Samurai camploo or anyhting it's a very interesting sereis that a good share of people will ike but not to the point that a group like AE needs to sub it. Shinsen has imporoved vastly on trasnlation acuracy recently. Plus AE can be alittle slow with thier releases.

Munsu
Thu, 04-28-2005, 08:47 PM
it isn't really that they mistranslate alot... they just have horrible QC and Editing... and for me waiting for AE says alot since i pretty much dislike them also

but yeah.. im pretty picky... but... i hate Shinsen... even more than lunar and most of you know how much i hate lunar...

only thing i like from shinsen is there sick karaoke

Black ops
Thu, 04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Hmmm.... I thought I was the only one that hates lunar with a passion. Their translations for Bleach SUCK ASS!!! GRA!!! I wish A-Keep was faster......

Psyke
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Just watched the second episode. More questions unanswered, and more thought provoking questions about today's society including ethical and moral issues...... good stuff~

ChaosK
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:15 PM
hope this isnt bothersome but can somebody link me?

Psyke
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
hope this isnt bothersome but can somebody link me?

Just go to www.animesuki.com (http://www.animesuki.com) for links to all the new anime titles and sub groups

You can also try www.downloadanime.org (http://www.downloadanime.org)

Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Watch the third episode, there's better stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Black ops
Thu, 05-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Anime-Kraze is starting to sub this.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Kinda a waste since Shinsen (though some disagree) does a fine job and A-E is doing an equally (unless you hate shinsen for some reason) good job.

Anime-kraze has done good work on a lot of series, but i see no reason at all why I'd be interested in their sub when Shinsen and A-E are already doing a good job on it.

Rocktar
Thu, 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM
First episode, ok this anime does not seem to be that bad. The storyline, I have no idea. The animetion, it does not look that spectacular. The music, nothing to write home about. Lets see what the next episode has to offer.
Second episode, hmmmm more introductions of the new characters. Wha? Is the main character going to kick the bucket on the second episode? Well, he was bleeding pretty good at the end.....
Third episode, pulvarizing camera with the assistant of the devil eye. Now that is a new concept. The detail of the animation is diminishing by the minute.

With all the bishing by me, I cannot wait for the forth episode. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Black ops
Sat, 05-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Like what Ryllaharu is saying. I'm also not sure why Anime-Kraze is subbing this. A-E would have been fine for it. I think that 1 group with good background is enough for a series. Now I'm not sure which group to archive anymore.....

SK
Sat, 05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
im downloading now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
For those of you that do watch the Shinsen, they've released eps 4.

For those who don't like Shinsen, I won't spoil, but it's a great eps. Some really amzing visuals in terms of action (at least I think so). Okay, so maybe it's just the one part, but still another great eps in a really interesting series.

SK
Sun, 05-08-2005, 09:33 PM
wow...this is one fucked up show.

which i like i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Psyke
Sun, 05-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Nice to see the Byakugan make a cameo in this show...... though it's only 1 eye and more devastating than the Neji version......

Munsu
Sun, 05-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by: Black ops
Like what Ryllaharu is saying. I'm also not sure why Anime-Kraze is subbing this. A-E would have been fine for it. I think that 1 group with good background is enough for a series. Now I'm not sure which group to archive anymore.....

im glad they are since i don't like AE very much...

watched a bit of their version... i like it more than the others... much better encoding, and they karaoke'd Duran Duran's song i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

AfroMain
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:44 PM
So I'm confused. Can the guy take normal picutres when his eye isn't all crazy, or can he never take a normal picture again (that would make it kinda tough to be a photograph wouldn't it, if all your pictures blew crap up). Anyay, it seems like a really mature series, pretty good animation, great OP...I can't wait to see where the story goes. How long do you think it'll be?

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
no he can't watch epi 5..
nice epi bit gay but nice..

Mae
Thu, 05-12-2005, 09:12 PM
When I first heard the opening I thought it was some kind of joke by the sub group. Crazy to think that some Japanese company actually bought the rights to Duran Duran. I wonder how much they paid?

As for the series itself, I'm not too sure about it. When the character was like "My secrest wish was to blow things up with my camera????" I was like, "Yeah, that's exactly what I was wondering." Not the strongest premise, and now he can't even work as a photographer (unless he uses his left eye maybe?). Anyway, I'll reserve my jusdgement until I've seen a few more eps.

Turkish-S
Fri, 05-13-2005, 03:32 AM
yea for the opening i first thought it was gonzo film or something. but then i hear the song somewhere else and it was the same girls on film. lol

Foomanchew24
Wed, 05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
ep 6 by shinsen is out. Go get it at tokyotosho or baka-updates.com

The diamond lady became an organ donor at the end, in a different way. Too bad we didn't get to see what the one guys powere really is, since they did not show what he did, it will be interesting to find out.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
ep 6 by shinsen is out. Go get it at tokyotosho or baka-updates.com

The diamond lady became an organ donor at the end, in a different way. Too bad we didn't get to see what the one guys powere really is, since they did not show what he did, it will be interesting to find out.

yea but i don't get what you mean by an organ donor?? i didn't see that??..
but epi was nice..

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Her spare parts are going to be used to make diamonds, therefore the reference to organ donation where they use your organs or whatever part of your body. Understand now? I was just comparing it to organ donation.

Turkish-S
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
ooowww damn i feel so stupid.

Mae
Sun, 05-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I liked the car chase scenes in ep 6. But then, I always like a good car chase. I guess it's pretty obvious that Suitengu has some kind of powers too since he recovered so quickly from his gunshot wounds (what are they called in this series, ecstatics? something odd...) I suppose we'll find out what soon enough. And spray-painting the diamond so that the light wouldn't pass though it was a nice touch.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
I liked the car chase scenes in ep 6. But then, I always like a good car chase. I guess it's pretty obvious that Suitengu has some kind of powers too since he recovered so quickly from his gunshot wounds (what are they called in this series, ecstatics? something odd...) I suppose we'll find out what soon enough. And spray-painting the diamond so that the light wouldn't pass though it was a nice touch.

Euphoria. I'm not really sure why they use it in that terminology, I guess becuase Kagura activates their powers by kissing them, the so called "Blessing of the Goddess."

The spray paint was good, and I liked the shot throug the mirror to hit the rubber man just as much, simplier and no thought, but still very cool.

Swee
Sat, 05-28-2005, 10:50 PM
whoa.. the guy on the picture that's on the ANN looks cool.. think i gonna watch this.. =D

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
For those who watch Shinsen, they released eps 7. I won't say anything for the benefit of those who dislike Shinsen for whatever reason.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:38 AM
The biginning of ep 7 was one of the scariest in anime that I have ever seen. Gave me chills.

jing
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:02 PM
The biginning of ep 7 was one of the scariest in anime that I have ever seen. Gave me chills.

At least her finger nails didn't snap. =/....

Lefty
Wed, 06-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Though I was waiting for that to happen.

Turkish-S
Thu, 06-02-2005, 10:08 AM
nice epi. it is a bit dumb that they can't capture 1 guy. but it's still a nice anime tho.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by: jing

At least her finger nails didn't snap. =/....
That scene from Monster and the scene from Ep 7 are probably the most disturbing things I've seen in anime so far. Ep 8 was a bit freaky but not nearly as disturbing.

Ballit
Sun, 06-05-2005, 05:38 AM
any one got any ideas what speed gragher means????

Swee
Thu, 06-16-2005, 03:52 AM
where are the episodes after 8???

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by: Ballit
any one got any ideas what speed gragher means????

It took some thinking (okay, it was like 2 minutes on google). I'm pretty sure "Speed Grapher" is a reference to the Speed Graphic, one of the most influential cameras until very recently.

More info about the speed graphic (http://www.photo.net/equipment/large-format/speed-graphic)

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I suffered through the load of crap first episode of this series... would it be worth it at all to continue it?

Ryllharu
Thu, 06-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Watch to eps 3, if you don't like it after that, then you probably shouldn't bother, it wouldn't be a show for you. The first eps is admittedly a bit weak.

Swee
Sat, 06-18-2005, 12:53 PM
erm.. can someone answer my question? not trying to b rude here =D

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 06-18-2005, 02:50 PM
^ They haven't been released yet as far as I can see.

nests
Sat, 06-18-2005, 04:13 PM
BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!
FUNimation has just licensed it hope someone keeps subbing it

Ghettobob
Sun, 06-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I doubt it. Most of the times when animes get licensed the current subbers dont sub anymore. Unless its a high demand anime like naruto. It also depends on the subbers though. I hope they keep subbing to it looks like a pretty good anime. (FIRST POST! YAY!)

Swee
Sun, 06-19-2005, 01:36 AM
argh! crap.. just pray they keeps subbing. ='(

Turkish-S
Sun, 06-19-2005, 02:42 AM
NOOOOOOO of all licenser's funmation NOOOOOOO.

Ballit
Sun, 06-19-2005, 07:36 AM
god dan this always happens when i get a anime next it will be bleach i can c it happing

Lefty
Sun, 06-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Shinsen subs it as well and thye continued FMA when that was licensed. So don't panic.

Sun, 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
sorry i know u guys discussed the light issue but i still don't really understand

what the spray paint did? and how come it worked? my understanding is the diamond is just a very hard substance because of it's atomic structure that is why saiga cannot exlode it... but.... why?

by the way, do you guys think mr. sniffer is a euphoria? I think he is one but has a very very destructive power and cannot control himself when activated or something that will disintegrate himself when used.

Lefty
Sun, 06-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Ep 9 is out by Shinsen. See told yeah not to worry.

Turkish-S
Mon, 06-20-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by: 010577
sorry i know u guys discussed the light issue but i still don't really understand

what the spray paint did? and how come it worked? my understanding is the diamond is just a very hard substance because of it's atomic structure that is why saiga cannot exlode it... but.... why?

by the way, do you guys think mr. sniffer is a euphoria? I think he is one but has a very very destructive power and cannot control himself when activated or something that will disintegrate himself when used.

no it's not that diamond is too hard but it's see throughi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif and the cam can't lock on something when you can look right through it. just like when you want to take a picture of people who are behind a mirror it's possible.
that's why you use paint than you can focus on a mirror cuzz it has paint on it.

Mon, 06-20-2005, 07:15 AM
i see thanx

what about mr. sniffer

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
He's been using his power all along. He's like a bloodhound, he's been tracking Kagura and Saiga this whole time.

I'll bet if you take off his little nosemask he'll go crazy with oversensitivity though.

Mae
Sun, 06-26-2005, 10:37 PM
*** Spoilers to ep 10 ***

It was a good idea of there's to use the smoke to block the camera even if it didn't work out. I like how the show adds these little touches to the fights. I don't know about the Sutengo's whole wings of blood thing was about though, seems a bit out of place (I wonder what he wished for o_O), but I like how he believes that enough money can buy anything, and how for a minute our hero was actually tempted.

Turkish-S
Mon, 06-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
*** Spoilers to ep 10 ***

It was a good idea of there's to use the smoke to block the camera even if it didn't work out. I like how the show adds these little touches to the fights. I don't know about the Sutengo's whole wings of blood thing was about though, seems a bit out of place (I wonder what he wished for o_O), but I like how he believes that enough money can buy anything, and how for a minute our hero was actually tempted.

maybe his deepest desire was to have wings of blood.. how's that?? no that can't be it...
but it's a bit dumb, the deepest desire of a dentist to operate with his boddy..that's just weard and sick... but maybe that's just the point......

Darknodin
Mon, 06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
the sniffer guy might not be a euphoria... just a regular person with a VERY good nose...
the reason for saying this is, unlike evryone else in the show, he always talks about euphorias in a way that excludes himself...
then again... it might just be how he is... but he's a cool character

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
i always though tthe sniffer was a girl but oh well lol

dang these animes and my US cartoon influences on sexes i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hellraiser
Tue, 06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anime-kraze sub licensed anime?

Sat, 07-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Do anyone know how long this anime is going to be?

Ghettobob
Sun, 07-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Nope sorry. Dang Shinsen Is the best. Im going to watch this series. I just need to watch another anime first delete those avis. Then download it! And watch it!

Mon, 07-04-2005, 11:17 AM
is any1 but shinsen doing it

Darknodin
Mon, 07-04-2005, 04:25 PM
well.. damn... I liked that episode... Suitengu scheming!

Lefty
Mon, 07-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: 010577
is any1 but shinsen doing it

no, shisen is the only group that is still doing it.

Darknodin
Mon, 07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Wow! this last episode was nice... very nice actually... I didn't see this coming!

Nai
Sun, 07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Ep 13 out by Shinsen here (http://shinsen-bt.dyndns.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_13_%5BF7FE1844%5D.avi.torren t).

Frickin' awesome episode. I'm liking this show more and more.

Darknodin
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM
vampires uh? (trying to start a conversation so people who just read itgo and download the show so we are able to freely post spoilers... or sumthin)

Astronopolis
Mon, 07-25-2005, 08:25 AM
BUMP!

so is anybody still watching this? ep 14 was really awesome, it reaffirms my beleif that Bob is the best character ever, near the end when hes flying he helicopter and the lightening guy is attacking, he yells out JESUSU!! i totally marked out i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
what was with Saiga wearing that disguise? do you think that was actually the spider guys skin? i wouldnt put it past this series with the way its been so far, all ultra-graphic.
that camera vest of Saigas was really awesome, although it ddint seem to do much more damage than his regular camera i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif .
who else thinks that Ginza (the gun chick) is going to become a Euphoria in the future? i cant wait for that to happen, shell probably get gun-arms or something akin to Vash's near the end of Trigun i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

anyway, yeah, please discuss! im sure there are more than just one person interestied in this series!

GuardianShado
Mon, 07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
in case you weren't watching something or missed a few minutes, saiga went into a hobby shop that had cameras, costumes, masks, etc.

the cameras were smaller and couldn't zoom so they didnt do as much damage. i remember him sayin something about the explosive ability being dependent on the amount of zoom and focus or something.

ur theory on ginza becoming a euphoria might not be totally off. i mean they DID mention that the genes are passed on from a carrier, and he's been with her for quite some time now. take note that they have LOTS of sex together i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif lol

"pros use mechanical cameras." hehehe >=P smooth one saiga.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Ginza's power will be guns or something that involves shooting bullets.

Astronopolis
Wed, 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM
yeah the hobby store scene reminded me of a scene from Keroro Gunsou where Sgt. Keroro is looking for a Gyan Master Grade kit. i thought of that because i swear there were some gundam models sitting on the shelf near Saiga haha

yeah thats interesting about the power of the shot in direct relation to zoom/focus. although yeah that should make sense, anybody remember that HUGE lens he put on his camera a few eps back when he and the girl were evading sniffy-guy? now thats playing with power! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

oh yeah, about how Ginza would become a Euphoria, wouldnt she have to come into contact with the girl? (her name evades me at the moment) i remember them saying something about how only she has that factor to change ones genes...

about that, it was said early on that the princess gives you the power that you most desire, but all she is really doing is altering the existing genes in a persons body. if i remember correctly, it was said by the doctor at the hospital that the Euphorias already have the element in their genes to begin with, and that the Princesses kiss just activates those latent genes.

so in effect, do you think that they mean to say that our deepest desires are hardwired into our bodies through our genes? i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif just some food for thought i guess haha

Darknodin
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
so in effect, do you think that they mean to say that our deepest desires are hardwired into our bodies through our genes? just some food for thought i guess haha

Yea... Simply that since you have the euphoria gene, this particular thing is what gets you on... this then becomes a hobby then an obsession... and if it gets activated... you become superpowerful...

or you brain acts on the way the euphoria factor works

Darknodin
Sat, 08-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Episode 15 (http://shinsen-bt.dyndns.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_15_%5B961641BB%5D.avi.torren t)

here is the latest epi... haven't watched it yet (discovered Fumoffu)..

HaZMaTiK
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:21 AM
anyone know whats going on ith shensen they stopped at 15 and 16 and 17 raws are out im at edge of my seat on this series too

GuardianShado
Sat, 08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
earthquake in japan, 7.2 shook tokyo. give it some time and do something to help the cause.

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by: HaZMaTiK
anyone know whats going on ith shensen they stopped at 15 and 16 and 17 raws are out im at edge of my seat on this series too

I was asking the same question to myself. I thought Shinsen had dropped the project. The series is getting close to its end. Cant wait for the next episodes. I hope they release couple of episodes together.

Darknodin
Sat, 08-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Yea but Shinsen has several projects at the same time... When speed grapher started they had much less work...

Jadugar
Sat, 08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: Darknodin
Yea but Shinsen has several projects at the same time... When speed grapher started they had much less work...

You are right they have much more projects now.The last 15th episode was released on 4th Auguest 2005. Its been 17 days but it seems longer.

Lefty
Mon, 08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
They might do a dual release of ep 15 and 16 like some groups do when they fall behind so it might not be so bad. Two eps in one day sounds like a nice little trade off.

Darknodin
Mon, 08-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Actually shinsen did exactly that yesterday with Trinity Blood

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 08-23-2005, 10:59 AM
well they released episode 15 a week ago or so now the long wait for 16 and 17 err i perfer speed grapher over beet anyday but i understand trinity blood but still speed grapher was there first i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif lol

Munsu
Sat, 08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
16 is out by Shinsen

http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShi...678A61E%5D.avi.torrent (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_16_%5BB678A61E%5D.avi.torren t)

nests
Sat, 08-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Finally, I think Ill rewatch some of the previous episodes to remember whats happening

Darknodin
Mon, 08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
this was a recap... but this is how EVERY recap episode should be... and we learn something important at the end... i won't say what it is to not spoil it...

also Suitengu is behaving weirdly i find... does he have... emotions?????

Honoko
Mon, 08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
ya, the way they recapped was good. the cost of the funeral was like a slap in the face =P

nests
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Nice recap and it looks like Suitengu may have an interesting past. necer expected the twist at the end

Astronopolis
Tue, 08-30-2005, 02:33 AM
totally loved this recap episode, it was much needed, as i was starting to forget some of the earlier episodes, and it was presented in such a clever way. i really liked how they gave another insight to the events occuring throughout the series, what with the euphorias doing assasin work to pay off their Diet club debts, the surprisingly low cost for shinsens funeral, and everything else inbetween. sadly i dont think any other series are going to take a que from this being that it is much easier to just splice 28 minutes of old footage together and call it an ep. oh well, chalk it up to speed grapher being one of the most underappreciated shows this year (at least on this forum, although i have no idea why).

aznroyale
Tue, 08-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Shinsen-Sub (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_17_%5B008A98A8%5D.avi.torren t)
eps 17

nests
Tue, 08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Episode 17 was just awsome the best so far we finally learn was up with Suitengu

Darknodin
Tue, 08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
yea! that was a GREAT epi... now i really like Suitengu and the nose guy and the other two guys...

oh and I still think the nose guy is not euphoria (the way Suitengu is not a standard euphoria)

Jadugar
Tue, 08-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Finally we have learned about Suitengus past. He has a soft spot.

I was surprised to see him accept the fake money from the little girl in ep16 which has been explained in ep 17. So he wasnt a monster from the beginning.

What is Suitengus plan? World domination? Also he saving Saiga was interesting

Tofu #2
Tue, 08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Hmm, episode 17 was by far very interesting (at least IMO) Interesting how Suitenguu didn't have to come in contact with Kagura to activate the virus.

Jadugar
Tue, 08-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Suitengu was infected with the virus at the laboratory. That may be the case with Saiga who there taking pictures. To activate the virus you must be a carrrier. They both were carriers. We have seen how Saiga's virus was activated in the first epsode. As far as Suitengu is concerned he might have developed some kind of drug for himself.

GuardianShado
Thu, 09-01-2005, 04:23 PM
actually it may be closer to the truth that suitenguu was created, whereas kagura is the activator of everyone else's virus. not that he was the first successful human sample from that research lab, suggesting that he didn't have to come in contact with kagura for his euphoria to be activated. at least that's my theory. a little too simple if you ask me, though =\

Jadugar
Thu, 09-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Your theory might be true. I remember the scientists operating on Suitengu mentioning the word, "Frankenstien". They also mentioned the "left arm", which has a strange sysmbol on it. Any thoughts?

Honoko
Thu, 09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
i'm thinking that the arm w/ the symbol was the arm of that guy that tennozu woman (kagura's mom, forgot her name) had fallen in love with and that those scientists attached that arm, which was the last vessel of the virus, to suitengu's living body.

Jadugar
Fri, 09-02-2005, 05:46 PM
You are right about the arm but are u sure about it being tennozu's (Kagura's mom, I also dont remember her name, who cares she is dead anyway) lover?

GuardianShado
Sat, 09-03-2005, 04:39 PM
it is. they showed the picture of tenzen (kagura's mom) and her lover several times and they even focused on the mark on his LEFT arm. as for that arm being a vessel of the virus, i tihnk i'll hav to rewatch that ep (what's stopping me? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...oh yea, school work -__-)

Darknodin
Sat, 09-03-2005, 05:02 PM
... mmm Tenzen is the creepy guy in Basilisk...

and Kagura's mom's name is SHINSEN... like the fansub group... and yea... I think that is Kaggura's father;s arm...

Nai
Sat, 09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
It is indeed her fathers arm.

You might remember that Suitengu said something like "you were always embraced by the left hand of the one you loved" as he killed Tennouzu Shinsen.

GuardianShado
Sun, 09-04-2005, 02:20 PM
ooo right, shinsen! lol, my bad. anyway yea, was she impregnated by kagura's father? because i had the sneaking suspicion on ep 17 that kagura was the little sister he'd been looking for. and it would make sense that she's a carrier/catalyst because he is. hm...

Jadugar
Sun, 09-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes, you are right Nai. I remember that scene now.

Its definitely time for Suitengu and Saiga to come face to face again. I hope Saiga finds a cure for himself and Kagura doesnt die of that tumor.

Darknodin
Sun, 09-04-2005, 09:48 PM
yea she really does look like Suitengu's sister... although... she is too young no? like they had a 3 years difference... and Suitengu is more than 19 (I hope)

GuardianShado
Tue, 09-06-2005, 01:16 AM
iiiii dunno about that, darknodin. yui was young enough for suitenguu to have to brush her teeth for her when they were taken away. and he was thirteen when he was taken away i think (isn't that what that guy said?) so that seems like a lot more than just a couple year difference. suitenguu now is probably in his early thirties or late twenties, but one thing for sure is that he is younger than saiga. like high school age vs college age younger, nothing like suitenguu and yui/kagura younger o_O. wonder if she remembers any of this... ah well, we'll have to wait and see i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

aznroyale
Mon, 09-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Shinsen-Sub eps 18 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_18_%5BB2F6EAFE%5D.avi.torren t)
Shinsen-Sub eps 19 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_19_%5B1C2A5517%5D.avi.torren t)
Yippe

Jadugar
Wed, 09-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Has no one watched the latest episodes yet? Where have you all gone? We need to discuss this. Come on people hurry up.

Honoko
Wed, 09-28-2005, 11:42 PM
what did you want to discuss? personally, i didn't see the betrayal coming but was pleasantly surprised by it.

Jadugar
Thu, 09-29-2005, 10:29 AM
I was surprised as well. Ochiai working for Suitwngu was a nice twist. I thought finally someone is going to stand up against Suitengu and bring him and his empire down. It seems Saiga will have to do that on his own.

He doesnt have much time left though. I cant remember how long this anime is going to be. Any idea?

nests
Thu, 09-29-2005, 10:36 AM
It will probably be the standard 26 episodes which I think is enough to end it well

nests
Fri, 09-30-2005, 01:47 AM
I just found out that it is only 24 episodes

Psyke
Fri, 09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
I can't seem to access Shinsen's site. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks in advance.

nests
Fri, 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
this is for the website click (http://www.shinsen-subs.org/)
this is the torrents page click (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/)

Jadugar
Fri, 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by: nests
I just found out that it is only 24 episodes

In the last two episodes the story didnt progress too much but I am hope for a grand finale.

Darknodin
Fri, 09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
wow... Shinsen is getting hardcore

Episode 20 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_20_%5BFAB9B821%5D.avi.torren t)

EDIT:... this link doesn't work... try one of the two below me! (Version 2)

Jadugar
Fri, 09-30-2005, 09:01 PM
They are releasing these episodes fast but they were due for a long time.

Speed Grapher 20 v2 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_20v2_%5BFF37DA1F%5D.avi.torr ent)

GLS
Fri, 09-30-2005, 09:04 PM
A version 2 should be available soon for ep. 20. They uploaded the one with the wrong audio.

EDIT: Episode 20v2 (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_20v2_%5BFF37DA1F%5D.avi.torr ent)

Darknodin
Sat, 10-01-2005, 11:05 AM
good episode... things are getting more complicated...

Jadugar
Sat, 10-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Nice episode but I dont see an end coming. Suitengu has to get someone's help. Which side is the president leaning? Saiga dont have any time left. He is going blind.

aznroyale
Mon, 10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Shinsen-Sub (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_21_%5B0815A6B0%5D.avi.torren t)
eps 21

Jadugar
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Another treat by Shinsen. Downloading right now.

Speed Grapher 21 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/[Shinsen-Subs]_Speed_Grapher_21_[0815A6B0].avi.torrent)

Speed Grapher 22 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_22_%5B420BBF8C%5D.avi.torren t)

nests
Tue, 10-04-2005, 10:47 AM
This last episodes are turning out greatm the part with Suitengu's sister was kind of sad

Board of Command
Tue, 10-04-2005, 04:50 PM
The part with Suitengu's sister was the best part of the series so far.

Darknodin
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:06 PM
WOW... i have to state... that last ep was GOOD... i have to say... i had NO idea Kamiya was the one behind suitengu's ordeal...

why would suitengu have to die anyways? he's invicible...

Board of Command
Tue, 10-04-2005, 08:23 PM
He's not invincible because his body has many problems. He's basically a zombie running out of fuel.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Yes, the last two episodes were great. Suitengu is a monster with a heart of gold. The scene with his sister was really touching and sad. Bob is the best character in the sries along with the detective girl(whats her name). I really liked her purple dress.

How is Saiga going to stop Suitengu?

Honoko
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:19 PM
i don't know, but i want to almost guarantee that when those two actually do face off, suitengu's music box is gonna fall out of his coat or something and break open and play that melody leaving saiga to go with a temporary "wtf?"

i think i'd be a little disappointed if they actually team up in the end in order to put an end to the prime minister.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, you are right. I want to see them battle it out. What of Kagura though, is she really in love with Saiga or will he gently let her down and make up with his detective girl friend? Is it 2 or 4 episodes to go. I cant remember?

Mae
Thu, 10-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Saiga is like the first person ever to be nice to Kagura, so of course she's going to like him. I don't think they'll end up together though, too big of an age difference. And she's got that tumor, so things don't look that good for her. Although I can see her being saved somehow by the doctor. But I think if she lives Saiga is going to die. The series is so dark, I don't think there will be a happy ending.

Darknodin
Thu, 10-06-2005, 07:12 PM
The Prime Minister is dead...
no questions there... Saiga and Suitengu will face off... and I think Saiga will die and Suitengu will survive...somehow...

Board of Command
Thu, 10-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Suitengu will fight Saiga and will seem to be winning, but his body will give out and he dies.

aznroyale
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Shinsen-Sub (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_23_%5BC98DD3CA%5D.avi.torren t)
eps 23

Jadugar
Sat, 10-08-2005, 09:55 AM
The story is coming to a conclusion..............

Speed Grapher 23 - Shinsen (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_23_%5BC98DD3CA%5D.avi.torren t)

Noir
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:50 PM
That twist in ep 22 was awesome. These last few episodes probably won't add anything to the story... but I think we can all say a big battles is going to hit.

Jadugar
Sat, 10-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Just watched ep 23. Nothing special. Saiga and Suitengu finally came face to face. Next ep is the last one. I hope there is happy ending for both Saiga and Kagura.

Darknodin
Sat, 10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: Noir
That twist in ep 22 was awesome. These last few episodes probably won't add anything to the story... but I think we can all say a big battles is going to hit.

Well... Suitengu's final plan is revealed in ep 23... and Kagura dies!? (she might just be sleeping... but if she's dead, i'll be shocked!)

aznroyale
Mon, 10-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Shinsen-Sub (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_24_%5BFINAL%5D%5BBDFAB841%5D .avi.torrent)
eps 24

aznroyale
Mon, 10-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Shinsen-Sub (http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Speed_Grapher_24_%5BFINAL%5D%5BBDFAB841%5D .avi.torrent)
eps 24

Darknodin
Mon, 10-10-2005, 09:40 AM
NICE ENDING! and.... well its a spoiler so...SPOILER

Suitengu Wins!.. really, he gets what he wants!! haha

END OF SPOILER

AnimePunk
Tue, 10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Is there anyone beside me who is not able to download ep 24

Board of Command
Tue, 10-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Same here. Their tracker is down right now.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-12-2005, 05:19 AM
I thought I was the only one having trouble downloading the last episode. Dammit I want to see what happens in the end.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
tracker working now

Nai
Wed, 10-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I usually don't like "happy endings" but I really enjoyed that one. It was especially beautiful how Tsujidou was at Suitengu's side as everything went up in smokes. I liked that guy, loyal like a dog.

So yeah, an excellent end to an excellent anime.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
It was a good ending. I was worried about Ginza that how would she react to Saiga and Kagura'a relationship but she is happy now with that doctor.

Its finally over. Sad to see Suitengu die .

Board of Command
Wed, 10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I have to say Suitengu was the best character. Awesome ending, I loved this series.

Tofu #2
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Did Saiga miss on purpose? IMO I think he did, because if the missile had hit, it would have killed Ginza and Kagura.

Honoko
Wed, 10-12-2005, 11:28 PM
ya, he did... but i think his motive actually was to let suitengu live a little longer. the ending was kinda cheesy but i liked =] all the "good" guys ended up living happily ever after.

Darknodin
Thu, 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
about tsujidou... I really had gotten into my head that he wasn't a euphoria... just that suitengu had grafted a nose on him... so I was kinda shocked when he transformed...

then again, I'm still not sure he is a euphoria...

Mae
Sun, 10-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Nope, definatley a euphoria. Finally finished the series. I was a little surprised by the happy ending (although Saiga IS blind), and I thought it was kinda cheap to just stick Ginza with the doctor, but over all not bad. It made sense, which is not something you can count on in anime. Decent series overall, still has one of my favorite OP's of all time.

kAi
Tue, 03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, I didn't read any of the other posts, as I just started this anime. I'm on episode 2 as of now, and downloading the others.
Although I do, like where this is going, it seems a little weird, and the description I read was weird, but this seems to be my type of anime.

Can't wait for some progression, now all that is needed is for the downloads to hurry up.

wow, I see no one has replied since October.

Board of Command
Tue, 03-07-2006, 11:38 PM
The first 13 episodes or so are mostly monster killing, then the real good part starts.

Darknodin
Wed, 03-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Yea... the show really is "slightly entertaining" in the beginning... but the final episodes are intense! I dunno why I stopped posting though.
at any rate, its a good show.

kAi
Sun, 06-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Wow, I just finished this.
Story is awesome, something a little different.
Suitenguu is awesome, he has the best power in the series, I like when there is characters that can control their blood and stuff, looks awesome. Similar type of power from that top hat dude in Black Cat.
The characters were well thought out, they worked really well, also how they interacted.

Great anime recommended to every one to watch.

m7b
Wed, 06-07-2006, 08:12 AM
guys where can i find akraze sub in IRC

i know there's no torrent because Funi but if you know one tell me