PDA

View Full Version : The Atatsuki Thread

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 04-15-2005, 11:32 PM
I think it's about time that someone gave the Akatsuki their own thread. Come and discuss anything and everything related to the Akatsuki.

kaigan
Sat, 04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
the lead guy of the akatsuki, eventhough he's in the shadow, he's figure (especially the spiky hair) looks like the fourth.

Roko
Sat, 04-16-2005, 02:03 AM
this has always bothered me since the chapter that first showed the lead guy (can't dig up the chapt since its on my other comp)...was it just me or did his eyes look like they were sharingans and yet he did not have itachi's hair?

nests
Sat, 04-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Inane drew in the sharingan in their scanlation but I think is obvious now that he does not have it.

I dont think th leader is the fourth and here is why.
1. He is suppost to be a great hero a Kage in fact wich meant he wanted to protect people.
2. He was very powerfull and would not need any help from other people if he wanted to get Naruto or Gaara.
3. most importantly he is DEAD

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-16-2005, 07:14 AM
I doubt it's the 4th, that plothole would be so big that it would just fuck up the show.

Akatsuki are of course damn cool, what's there to add? Can't wait to see more of them, every single one of them so far has been cool... can't wait to see what Zetsu can do either.

SK
Sat, 04-16-2005, 07:35 AM
it cant be the 4th, the 4th beat kyubi the strongest of the demons, why would he need any other demons?

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Any guesses why the Atsuki are hunting down the 9 demons? Far as I can tell looks like their unsealing that super demon creature thing to wreak havoc on the naruto world or something along those lines.

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 04-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I think its more 'to seal them in us instead.' With each person having an assigned demon it makes more sense then them just wanting to unseal them.

wouldnt you want the Sharingan AND the Kyubii ?

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-16-2005, 01:20 PM
To me it looks like there using the demons to unseal the "ULTIMATE BEING" of some sort

Poor garra is he loses Shukaku there won't be much of anything he can do.

piasEnigma
Sat, 04-16-2005, 03:03 PM
I think its more like a big ass puppet that's to be powered by the "legendary" chakra of the demons.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-16-2005, 03:52 PM
sorry, but it's unreasonable that they're looking for the demons in order to seal them inside themselves...
the akatsuki are all ninjas among the top 15 in the world, what use is more power to them? they've already reached the peak... so unless they all want to prove their existence by fighting the demon's, i can't see any good reason for them to keep stealing demons...

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I think the atasuki is unleashing their super demon thingy to bring about the end of the world through some sort of ninjapocalypse to clease the world. I guess we won't know what the Atasuki are doing until kishimoto tells us. I just hope it's not something really dumb or predictable.

Assertn
Sat, 04-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
sorry, but it's unreasonable that they're looking for the demons in order to seal them inside themselves...
the akatsuki are all ninjas among the top 15 in the world, what use is more power to them? they've already reached the peak... so unless they all want to prove their existence by fighting the demon's, i can't see any good reason for them to keep stealing demons...

if they're so powerful, then how come deidara lost an arm? how come itachi and kisame fled from jiraiya?
Of course they want more power......what else could they possibly want? fame and fortune?

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
I guess we won't know what the Atasuki are doing until kishimoto tells us. I just hope it's not something really dumb or predictable.

You mean something dumb and predictable like the atasuki unleashing their super demon thingy to bring about the end of the world through some sort of ninjapocalypse to clease the world?

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Yesh I don't see anyone comming up with any better theories so as of now there are one of two options there releasing the super demon thingy to either destory or conquer the naruto world.

piasEnigma
Sat, 04-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah like i said, a giant puppet powered by the legendary nines chakra.

it's simple.
It Works.
And the idea is overplayed.

piasEnigma
Sun, 04-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Ohhh, Got some new info from the data book.

"Their name even resounds in other countries, the "Seven Swordsmen Shinobi of the
Mist"

Long ago, the horrible "kill another student" graduation exam was carried out,
and from this the Hidden Mist Village was given the nickname "Blood Mist
Village"...
In that village, the seven shinobi who excelled in battle ability and produced
the highest battle results were named the "Seven Swordsmen Shinobi" because they
wielded swords, but because of aspirations to have great power, Kisame was the
first of many to become missing-nins. Their current whereabouts are unknown.

Top picture: The Seven's fame is known well in other countries, for the large
swords they carry.

Bottom picture: Zabuza, the missing-nin who fought with Kakashi long ago, is
also originally of the Seven."

Geee, I wonder who else is part of the mist seven..

Assertn
Sun, 04-17-2005, 11:37 AM
piasEnigma, we know about that...and that is why i keep saying i want to see the other 5 of the swords of mist

dont double post, btw

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 04-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Every member of the Atasuki seems to be some sort of legendary figure. Such as Kisame being one of the legendary seven mist swords men. Sasori being sasori of the red sand and of course itachi the crazy ass guy who killed off his elite clan. I'm sure that the other members all have their own unique backstories from their villages and also the reasons why they left. I want to hear some back story about the leader of the Atsuki he probably has something very interesting.

jing
Sun, 04-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I dunno, what if there wasn't a leader?

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I dunno, what if there wasn't a leader?

You could be right but right now it looks like that mysterious etheral guy who everyone seems to think is the fourth seems like the leader of the organization.

Sidnne
Sun, 04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Well, the guy with the eyes is giving orders and seems to be the one organizing everything, so I think its safe to refer to him as the leader.

I don't think he looks like the 4th though. I think he looks like the guy whos body Orochimaru transferred into, especially with the eyes.

Assertn
Sun, 04-17-2005, 03:26 PM
are you saying orochimaru is posing as the leader of the akatsuki?

Sidnne
Sun, 04-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm saying the leader of Akatsuki looks like the guy that Orochimaru transfered into. Nothing more, nothing less. It means nothing because many people look similar due to the artists drawing styles (Naruto and Tsunade's Brother?) And its useless to speculate about unexpected events.

Enderz
Sun, 04-17-2005, 04:21 PM
man hate it here in sweden they dont got the naruto manga and i want it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Flaps
Sun, 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by: nests
Inane drew in the sharingan in their scanlation but I think is obvious now that he does not have it.

I dont think th leader is the fourth and here is why.
1. He is suppost to be a great hero a Kage in fact wich meant he wanted to protect people.
2. He was very powerfull and would not need any help from other people if he wanted to get Naruto or Gaara.
3. most importantly he is DEAD

You forgot to mention that in the fight between the third and oro, oro used his ressurection technique which included the 4th, kinda hard to ressurect someone who is still alive

Assertn
Sun, 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
kishimoto made naruto look like nawaki on purpose.....to create a greater similarity between the 2

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Flaps, that doesn't mean much.. the whole deal with the summonning was awfully vague that time...
the 3rd said that his shurikens stopped the guy from coming out, but i don't think that was what happened.
1. the other coffins (whatever those boxes were) were also hit by a fair amount of stuff and they didn't seem to have problems openning.
2. Orochimaru wouldn't have used those coffins as a shield if he would have been worried that they might break, it would have been a waste of chackra.

Phoenix23
Sun, 04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by: Enderz
man hate it here in sweden they dont got the naruto manga and i want it Shonen Jump *IS* sold here in Sweden... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Flaps
Mon, 04-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Well you got a point there, but still didnt the sign on the coffin say 4th?

Maito Gai
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Hmm...It'll be way cool if the 4th was the leader of Akatsuki. Maybe he didn't die but was brainwashed or became evil of something! Btw I kinda have a feeling hes Naruto's dad. Same hair, same eyes...heh heh...gotta be!

Enderz
Mon, 04-18-2005, 07:44 AM
yeah but it dosen feel like right y know , there are many diffrent mangas in shonen jump and they dont show the whole part of the naruto manga chapter just a little bit

Assertn
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
Flaps, that doesn't mean much.. the whole deal with the summonning was awfully vague that time...
the 3rd said that his shurikens stopped the guy from coming out, but i don't think that was what happened.
1. the other coffins (whatever those boxes were) were also hit by a fair amount of stuff and they didn't seem to have problems openning.
2. Orochimaru wouldn't have used those coffins as a shield if he would have been worried that they might break, it would have been a waste of chackra.

wow....what manga are YOU reading?
nobody said that the 3rd's shurikens stopped anything.....the 3rd said the coffins stopped HIS SHURIKENS.
it was the jutsu the 3rd used after the shurikens that stopped the 4th's coffin

greateachermin
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
i dont see what so great about Atkasuki leader being the fourth?
if that is the case, i'd like to see how the hell kisimoto get out this this dump of a plot hole
and the fourth is DEAD... i dont see why he should fight a village that has his face engrave into a mountain
Orochimaru fougth becasue one reason is that he wasnt chosen as a Hokage and hes pissed off...
and anotherthing.... using demons to summon a bigger demon, how much dumber can the plot be?
its like watching ninjundams, please, i'd just stick with my gundam seed thank you... leave the ninjas alone...
i dont want to see another dumb battle like inuyasha vs big huge demons

the idea of having demons implanted in themselves is actually a cool idea... see how strong the kids
are with demons sealed inside them... naruto and gaara.
since there are 9 atakasuki members and 9 tail demons, it makes sense.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Well maybe there not using the demons to unseal a greater demon maybe that thing is the god of all creation for the naruto world and unleashing him well cause a chain reaction which will lead to the end and rebirth of the world Evangelion style.

Assertn
Mon, 04-18-2005, 02:40 PM
we could always look at japanese mythologies to figure out the correlation. So far alot of stuff in the naruto world is based on mythology, so maybe there's a story about the 9 demons sent by some omnipotent being that will bring about the fate of mankind, or something

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 04-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Your probably right about that Assert considering how so many of aspects seen in naruto are based on Japanese mythology. Such as the the relationship between Jiraiya, Tsunande, and Orchimaro.

Phoenix23
Mon, 04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Doesn't sound very familiar, that thing about a singular superior being of apocalyptic abilities...

I also think that Akatsuki's goal (or mid-way goal) is as simple as getting the tail beasts inside themselves... whatever they intend to use their greater power for, though, would be an entirely different matter. Itachi, for one, almost seems to only want to make himself stronger for the sake of making himself stronger.

Anyway, time for a little speculating:
* We know that Gaara has "one-tail", Shukaku.
* We know that Naruto has nine-tails, Kyuubi.
* From Neji's info, Kisame *could* very well be the carrier of three-tails, Isonade (fish/shark, which would fit with Kisame's watery theme; an alternative version would be that Isonade is in his sword, but that would feel wrong with Kisame's facial traits).
* Based on miscellaneous impressions (facial traits and that purple chakra, primarily), Orochimaru might be the carrier of Hachimata, the eight-tails snake beast.
* There is also a tail beast in the shape of a dog. I think it's odd that Kakashi has white chakra (chakra is never non-blue without a reason), an extremely strong sense of smell and covers his nose and mouth... not saying that he's the carrier, just that it wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be (Itachi also seemed to want to take him alive rather than just have him killed, in episode 82).

This is pretty far-out speculation, but it doesn't contradict anything that I can recall. In fact, it could explain why Konoha emerged as the strongest ninja power after the last war (having both snake+dog in their arsenal and then also capturing Kyuubi). But then, guesses are often wrong, and even my guesses occassionally fail to hit bull's eye...

greateachermin
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
pheonix, you have open my eyes and my mind... its so awsome that u thought of all that tails theory, u have a great imagination.

If u bring a super godlike being into Naruto and wipe out all ninjas in one attack... i think i'll smash my computer into bits after watching that... hahaha

ohpeekaboo
Tue, 04-19-2005, 12:41 AM
for some reason i feel as if you have hit the nail on the head with your orochimaru theory, phoenix.

he certainly is ridiculously powered and very very unique in race/abilities/features compared to everyone else.. not to mention his name refers to the legendary 8-headed serpent in japanese mythology..

kaigan
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:33 AM
if orochimaru has the 8-tail, wouldn't you guys think that he would be able to know and try to use it's power by now?

basey44
Tue, 04-19-2005, 04:10 AM
hey i was wondering if theres was originally 10 members, but theres only 9 monsters in the world, who was gonna miss out
or hadnt they come up with the plan at that time. but orochimaro knew akatsuki wanted naruto back in the forest of death, cos he had the chance to kill him and didnt cos it would cause trouble, my take on it anyway

Phoenix23
Tue, 04-19-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan
if orochimaru has the 8-tail, wouldn't you guys think that he would be able to know and try to use it's power by now?Well, Orochimaru has displayed usage of purple chakra... and the former owner of his new body saw a snake towards the end (and Orochimaru's purple chakra was activated right before the body switch).

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:35 PM
The whole Orchimaro has a demon is a good theory but it just dosen't seem to pan out. If his Chakra really was out of the ordinary wouldn't someone have mentioned it by now? Plus why the hell would he need the sharingan if he had the powers of a demon to rely on for his jutsu.

It's a good theory for now but I guess we won't know until Kishimoto says so.

Assertn
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:09 PM
actually, that would explain why orochimaru can do all those very snake-like things that a normal human shouldnt be able to do

Mut
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Orochimaru doesn't have a demon. If he did, he would've royally kicked everyone's ass by now.

If you guys think if Orochimaru can do snakey shit cuz he has a demon... then I guess that guy Sasuke fought in the prelims must have one too.

DDBen
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:19 PM
um if Orochimaru had a demon he couldn't randomly switch body's and keep it. Note that in both Gaara and Naruto's case the demon is bound to there physical body its not a addition to the soul. This means that when Orochimaru switches body's that he could either not bring the demon along or would have to have someone around to constantly rebind it to a new body. Neither of which are the case at all.

Assertn
Tue, 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
no mut, they explained how the guy in the prelims could do what he did (and you meant the guy kankuro fought)
they never explained oro's unnaturally long tongue, the sword he stores in his stomach, the way he can slither around trees, and the ability to paralize people by glaring at them.

DDBen, when oro took over the other guy's body, I didn't see him leave a body behind. He could just assimilate a new body into his currently existent body. Or maybe the snake's soul transfers with his (there are other types of binding between demons and nins than the kind we've seen for naruto and gaara). Or maybe oro is some wacked out reincarnation of a snake demon himself, idk....

DDBen
Tue, 04-19-2005, 03:15 PM
AssertnFailure your also missing out on another crucial fact the third tore off part of Orochimaru's soul so we have also see his soul and the souls of the first and 2nd hokage. All of there souls were identicle if there was a snake demon attached or bound in some way to Orochimaru's soul wouldn't you expect that we would have seen a differnce in his soul at that time?

Assertn
Tue, 04-19-2005, 03:29 PM
it wouldnt be hard to come up with a list of 20 different ideas for involving a snake demon in a way that works with the storyline......
i was fully aware of the 3rd and oro's soul scene

Sidnne
Tue, 04-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
hey i was wondering if theres was originally 10 members, but theres only 9 monsters in the world, who was gonna miss out
or hadnt they come up with the plan at that time. but orochimaro knew akatsuki wanted naruto back in the forest of death, cos he had the chance to kill him and didnt cos it would cause trouble, my take on it anyway

There was originally 9 members. There is 8 members now that Orochimaru left.

9 members ---- 9 yoma. Sounds like everyone gets their own yoma. The details to Orochimaru leaving Akatsuki have not been revealed. It is possible that Oro had used the Akatsuki to get the snake yoma and then once he got what he wanted he betrayed them and left. When we see pictures of Oro when he was younger, he has the creepy eyes, but he doesn't look as snakelike as he does now.

The whole Orchimaro has a demon is a good theory but it just dosen't seem to pan out. If his Chakra really was out of the ordinary wouldn't someone have mentioned it by now? Plus why the hell would he need the sharingan if he had the powers of a demon to rely on for his jutsu.

Naruto has a demon also, but we already know that that is not enough. He still needs to develope, train, and learn new jutsus as well. Having the yoma makes them stronger, it doesn't make them invincible.

Its a very interesting theory and certainly makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't have thought of it on my own since I don't have any knowledge of japanese mythology (although I did hear of the story about Orochi and the sword) but now that I have heard it, I'm definately going to be paying closer attention to subtle hints that Kishi might be leaving us.

Zhan
Tue, 04-19-2005, 03:56 PM
no. There are currently nine members.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
There was originally 9 members. There is 8 members now that Orochimaru left.

Since when are there only 8 members. At the very end of part one there were nine shadows and that was well after Orchimaro left the organization. My guess is that they found a new person to replace him shortly after he left. Won't know for sure until we see all the Atsuki members.

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
i could've sworn there were 9 members right now... and oro could probably have his snake abilities as a result of jutsu. Remember anko could also do it, and oro called it forbiddon jutsu he taught her.

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:08 PM
the reason why oro has puple chakra is cuz he's evil. evil chars always have something thats unique, like oro's purple chakra and snake-like abilities. there are definitely nine members, each of them in a pair except for that venus-fly trap guy (do we know his name yet...?). it is too illogical that oro has a demon, or he would have just used it to annihilate Konoha without coming up with that elaborate plan. remember, it was tough for konoha to defeat the kyuubi, and only then through the fourth's death, which means that each of the demons are extremely strong.

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
could it be that atatsuki already has more than garra of the demons? (i thought they worked in pairs...itachi & kisame both go for naruto?)

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:18 PM
yah, not only that, but if you looked at that summoned monster thing, there are nine eyes, 2 of which are really eyes while 7 are white. could it be that akatsuki need 7 or even 2 more demons? and yes, even though they work in pairs, its for convenience for keeping in contact with each other and helping each other out. but they each have a demon target that they want to get, since we've seen several instances of "I'm having trouble getting my demon" or "I finally got my demon"

Phoenix23
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:25 PM
At the end of the last arc, I got the impression that Akatsuki was determined to fight Orochimaru.
I don't see why they'd do that (and suffer possible/likely casualties) unless he has something they really want... I doubt they'd do it to save Sasuke or to get revenge on Orochimaru for leaving them (if that was the case, they wouldn't have to wait 3 years to do it).

Originally posted by: Roko
the reason why oro has puple chakra is cuz he's evil.Naruto has red chakra (besides the blue, standard one)... what does that make him, then? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by: Roko
yah, not only that, but if you looked at that summoned monster thing, there are nine eyes, 2 of which are really eyes while 7 are white. could it be that akatsuki need 7 or even 2 more demons? and yes, even though they work in pairs, its for convenience for keeping in contact with each other and helping each other out. but they each have a demon target that they want to get, since we've seen several instances of "I'm having trouble getting my demon" or "I finally got my demon"

i'm guessing 2 demons left, naruto and some other guy. They wouldnt introduce another 6 characters because that would be too much of a hassle...

wait strike what i wrote up there...maybe its just naruto and garra. Garra hasn't been sacrificed yet so the eyes havent changed.

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:28 PM
easy, that makes him the main char!! main char and evil chars are always special!

Edit about post by chaos: actually, I think its 7, since another member of akatsuki said that he wanted to fight kakashi's team cuz he was having trouble getting his demon. Sasori also said he hadn't gotten his demon yet. so that means its 7, since naruto is one (hunted by itachi), gaara is one, and there are 2 more members of akatsuki who say they havn't gotten their demon.

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
uhh did i miss something or did you all turn into morons or are being sarcastic...

the red chakra is kyubi...

is this a wasted post?

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:38 PM
here we go again....no, we did not all turn into morons (at least not me, dunno bout the rest of u), but i see what ur saying. naruto's chakra is actually naturally blue now that i think bout it (first ep when naruto did sexy no jutsu for iruka's test). but the red makes him special, since he is the main char

btw, did u read my edit on the 3rd page, chaos?

kAi
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:40 PM
wait strike what i wrote up there...maybe its just naruto and garra. Garra hasn't been sacrificed yet so the eyes havent changed.
It can't be just Gaara and Naruto left, as one of the Akatsuki members said that he was having trouble finding his, so he wanted to fight Team Gai, but Kisame went instead.

...each of them in a pair except for that venus-fly trap guy (do we know his name yet...?)...
Zetsu

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
well roko i did read it now...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i guess your right but i dont like the idea of another 6 demon boys coming into the story and naruto going all psyco being like "WE MUST REBEL! THEY ONLY LOOK AT US AS A MONSTER! WE'LL SHOW THEM!"

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:50 PM
thanks, i"ll keep the name in mind (i've been usin venus-fly trap guy in like all my posts). that's exactly what i said about akatsuki in my edit, and yes, i realized i made the mistake of putting team kakashi instead of gai.

after all of this, has anyone discussed exactly why they summoned this thing for? obviously to extract the demons from the shell, but for what purposes? I know we've had this disucussion befor about world domination and all, but there are many new members out there, and I just wanted to reopen the doors on this topic. I remember that at the end of a chapter, they said that akatsuki had control of the demon's hand or something. any ideas?

edit to post by chaos: lol, that'd be funny. the demons vs akatsuki. highly doubt that this will happen tho, since that would be too time-consuming. Naruto will probably stop their plans somehow by using this forbidden jutsu or something.

also, I've just realized: 7 more demons, and there are only 7 members of akatsuki doing that ritual thing. maybe the something happens to the akatsuki member who supplies the demon once they complete the ritual?

kAi
Tue, 04-19-2005, 08:59 PM
No, all the members of the Akatsuki are doing that ritual thing.

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:00 PM
are you sure? I coulda sworn I saw only 7 shadows

kAi
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Deidara and Sasori jumped up there and it says "Movement", and the leader type guy is still with Gaara at the bottom.
Chapter 254 page 18-19.

Assertn
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
there's still 9 figures involved the ritual though.....
im guessing one of them just made 2 kage bunshins instead of 1

ChaosK
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:04 PM
or maybe the REAL itachi and kisame r there and the kage bushins are fighting naruto and co

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Where does it say that Itachi and Kisame are just kage bushin clones? My guess is that they have some sort of technique where their soul leaves the corporeal body and they perform the technique while in an etheral state. I'm guessing they still have some control over their corporeal bodies since the leader warned them to watch out their real bodies. Also weren't itachi and kisame transported close to the two teams through some sort of teleportion jutsu or at least thats what I thought.

Mut
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I -think- the only ones that are there (the Akatsuki cave) are Deidara and Sasori and everyone else is using some mirror version of themselves. I believe that Itachi and Kisame are in there actual body/real form right now facing Team Kakashi and Team Gai, respectively. I don't know if they are using kage bunshin, only because the characters in the cave are translucent.

Roko
Tue, 04-19-2005, 10:49 PM
LobsterMagnet and Mut pretty much summed up what I was trying to say before in my crazycrazy theory (guess we'll call it that now). but there is also the question: even though they are in some alternate form, how can they use chakra? isn't chakra a mix of spiritual and physical energy?

Konohamaru
Wed, 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Here's my view on the akatsuki: I reckon the 9 of them are really good guys and they knew about a terrible future they all saw involving the 9 demons and so they want to prevent it from happening so they capture them! it could be the biggest twist EVER!, lol. Oro left cos he found out they were goody too shoes. Just a wild WILD stab in the dark tho, lol.

I think the "leader" of the clan is another sharingan user, possibly the friend of Itachi or possibly even Obito. Maybe Obito just fainted from the pain and was quickly revived by a akatsuki member... oh wait, then he should have 1 sharingan eye then, lol, my bad.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Ah crap I just saw the most recent anime episode and I just don't get it. In the manga did Itachi say that there was a third person who can use the super sharingan (sorry i'm not calling by it's real name but I'm not the the mood to spell it). If this does wind up being true then it looks like the theories about the Atsuki leader having sharingan eyes might be more valid then anyone else thought. Maybe the Sharingan has something to do with the demons because we still don't know what Sasuke found out when he went into the secret Uchia temple thing. I'm guessing that the leader left the uchila clan long before itachi was even born and formed the Atsuki in order to accomplish what ever his goal with the demon is.

Phoenix23
Thu, 04-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Ah crap I just saw the most recent anime episode and I just don't get it. In the manga did Itachi say that there was a third person who can use the super sharingan (sorry i'm not calling by it's real name but I'm not the the mood to spell it).Yes, he did.

If this does wind up being true then it looks like the theories about the Atsuki leader having sharingan eyes might be more valid then anyone else thought. Maybe the Sharingan has something to do with the demons because we still don't know what Sasuke found out when he went into the secret Uchia temple thing. I'm guessing that the leader left the uchila clan long before itachi was even born and formed the Atsuki in order to accomplish what ever his goal with the demon is.I believe that the "sharingan in Akatsuki" theory came about because of Itachi's statement, to begin with...

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-21-2005, 04:26 PM
if this does wind up being true then it looks like the theories about the Atsuki leader having sharingan eyes might be more valid then anyone else thought. Maybe the Sharingan has something to do with the demons because we still don't know what Sasuke found out when he went into the secret Uchia temple thing. I'm guessing that the leader left the uchila clan long before itachi was even born and formed the Atsuki in order to accomplish what ever his goal with the demon is.

I believe that the "sharingan in Akatsuki" theory came about because of Itachi's statement, to begin with...

WTF are you talking about. I just reread the chapter and Itachi never mentions a third super sharingan user.

Assertn
Thu, 04-21-2005, 04:39 PM
i remember hearing about there being a 3rd mangekyou user way before it happened in the anime

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Will somebody please tell me where this reference to living third super sharingan user is. I can't find. I even reread the scene in the manga depicted in 131. Please tell me where the hell they mention it in the manga.

Phoenix23
Thu, 04-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Will somebody please tell me where this reference to living third super sharingan user is. I can't find. I even reread the scene in the manga depicted in 131. Please tell me where the hell they mention it in the manga.During the flashbacks, definitely, but not necessarily in the same place; can't remember exactly where. May go and have a little check in a few minutes.

Edit: look here... (link to the manga where the 3rd user was mentioned, on the Narutochuushin site)
http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=manga/&subdir1=chapter225/&subdir2=chapter225_04

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
i thought it was mentioned in the stuff sasuke found in the clan's secret meeting spot.. that there were three who could use it. and then there was some obnoxiously long discussion about how in the original japanese the verb was either present or future tense (three who can use it vs. three who will be able to use it, mainly brought up to maybe rule out shisui)..

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
During the flashbacks, definitely, but not necessarily in the same place; can't remember exactly where. May go and have a little check in a few minutes.

Edit: look here... (link to the manga where the 3rd user was mentioned, on the Narutochuushin site)

Thanks for the link. There it is. Wonder why I missed that or maybe I just plain forgot about it.

Assertn
Thu, 04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
you know.....they still never explained the true purpose of the sharingan, or whatever it is that itachi implied at that is written in the clan's secret spot

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Thats what I was trying to say before. May have something to do with the younma.

CaptnIgnit
Mon, 05-02-2005, 12:59 AM
would explain why oro wants the sharigan so bad. If it had some unknown power that hasn't been explained yet.

I am very curious to see what was written in those scrolls. what the true purpose of the uchiha clan is....err was=0)

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:04 PM
I was just talking to someone who was suspecting the leader of the akatsuki to be the 4th hokage.....and I thought of a more plausible approach to bringing the 4th back into the series rather than via the akatsuki.........

remember when oro tried to summon the 1st, 2nd, and 4th hokages to fight sarutobi, but the 4th never made it?
well, that doesnt mean that oro failed to resurrect the 4th.....for all we know, he could be lying dormant in one of the deep cells of the sound mansion.
I expect orochimaru to unleash the 4th on naruto and co. once he becomes a bigger part of the story.

SK
Mon, 05-02-2005, 01:18 PM
i dont think so.

Assertn
Mon, 05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
i dont think so.

whew, good call sharingan-kakashi......
you sure bring some valid points to the table

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I was kinda hopeing for that. For what ever reason naruto invades Orchimaro's lair and in order to escape he summons the 4th on naruto in order to get away with his life. As the 4th comes out of his coffin in a true empire strikes back fashion he can look naruto in the eyes and tell him that he is his father.

ChaosK
Mon, 05-02-2005, 10:21 PM
didnt the 3rd stop oro from summoning the 4th? thats y it never came out.

DDBen
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by: Phoenix23

Will somebody please tell me where this reference to living third super sharingan user is. I can't find. I even reread the scene in the manga depicted in 131. Please tell me where the hell they mention it in the manga.During the flashbacks, definitely, but not necessarily in the same place; can't remember exactly where. May go and have a little check in a few minutes.

http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=manga/&subdir1=chapter225/&subdir2=chapter225_04

Its very interesting that its translated completely differnt in the Anime then in the Manga. As he states that there have been 3 people in history who have obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan. This to me means that simply Susuke has a pure enough bloodline like Itachi in order to actually awaken it. Also I believe that the Mangekyou Sharingan is more of a way to prep your body for the possessin of a Tail demon. In the case of Itachi I speculate he has a Skunk demon of sorts (like Gaara's badger and Naruto's Fox) that possessed him. Thus if Itachi was possessed at the time and the demon wanted Sasuke to awaken the Mangekyou Sharingan in order to use his body at a later time (as Itachi clearly calls Sosuke's body a container).

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Didn't the coffin that 3rd stopped go back into the ground?
If it didn't, it still doesn't work because Oro didn't bring the 4th with him. What are the odds of him lying in the basement of the sound mansion?

And the most important reason to why the theory is wrong is the following: it would SUCK. So much.

DDBen
Wed, 05-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Didn't the coffin that 3rd stopped go back into the ground?
If it didn't, it still doesn't work because Oro didn't bring the 4th with him. What are the odds of him lying in the basement of the sound mansion?

And the most important reason to why the theory is wrong is the following: it would SUCK. So much.

The bodies Oro used were random dead sound ninja's prepaired to have the soul of a random dead ninja sucked into them. No the 4th was not summoned because the 3rd prevented it. Of course I don't think that any of the Hokage's can be summoned anymore by that technique as all of there souls have been either used to pay for the god of Death or been eaten by it. Note the 1st through 3rd were all eaten when the 3rd battled orochimaru. The fourth on the other hand I believe payed with his soul in order to seal the 9 tails into Naruto. This to me atleast means we won't be seeing anymore ressurected Hokagies from the past.

Itachi_y2k5
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen
This to me atleast means we won't be seeing anymore ressurected Hokagies from the past.

aaahhh but what about the 4th we didnt see him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DDBen
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by: Itachi_y2k5

This to me atleast means we won't be seeing anymore ressurected Hokagies from the past.

aaahhh but what about the 4th we didnt see him

Indeed we didn't as the summon failed. However its questionable if he can even be summoned period. The guess would have to be that its a temporary summon as even if you can will your control over them chances are when you sleep they would have the free will to kill you if they pleased. The 3rd was using the 4ths technique against Orochimaru so specifically to me atleast I would assume he already payed with his soul to seal the 9 tails so his coffin was more then likely either a bluff or a plot hole.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 05-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't believe that Akatsuki is trying to distribute the 9 youmas amongst themselves for the following reasons:
1. Not all youmas are created equal i.e. some youmas are stronger than others.
a. If you were Itachi, and you were given the weakest of the nine youmas, would you put up with that insult? Especially if you were stronger than some of the other members. Don't you think you deserve a stronger one?

2. Who decides which youma they get? The leader? We're talking about elite ninjas who all have superiority complexes.

Seriously, if you had the opportunity now to kill someone weaker than you, before they take up a youma to enhance themselves; wouldn't you? Then you can take their youma and you would have two. You'd become even stronger. Then you just repeat this until you, yourself have all 9 youmas. Then you can climb the tallest peak and yell "I'm the king of the world!"

I believe they are using the youmas to resurrect their leader in some type of cult fashion; e.g. samurai deeper kyo, when they were trying to resurrect Nobunaga (something like that). Yeah, they're trying to resurrect Sarutobi Sasuke.

elmojo
Wed, 05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
i havent read most of the posts in this thread, but i DO think each akatsuki member needs a youma

i DEFINATELY think kisame has his already and he will use it very soon, gai is gonna have to summon something to save his hide

there are other hints that indicate other akatsuki members have theirs , when they extract shikaku they said it was faster with orichimaru i think gaaraa/naruto and propably 1-2 more characters on the way will have youmas attached to them

i think every youma is an animal with an elemental property, i dont think nine tails would suit itachi , thats why i think itachi already has his, he is propably getting nine tails for another member, who is propably NOT the bossi dont think there is a leader , that guy who looks like the 4th hokage is propably the one who needs nine tails tho

Fire - Nine tails --------> With Naruto
Earth - Shikaku --------> Was with Gaara, now with artist dude forgot his name
Poison - ? I think its with the puppet maker or with orichimaru
Water - 2 tail Shark? -------> With Kisame ~ he has alot of power
Lightning - ?
Holy - ?
Ice - ?
Darkness - ?----------> propably with Itachi
Love - ? propably has medic powers!

now i dont think every youma is sealed inside like naruto , it is propably bound like gaara

i doubt the 4th is involved in any of this, it would absolutely make no sense

sorry for the name inconsistencies, i cant remember the names of the two akatsuki members that kidnapped gaara

another theory is, the only reason i think itachi has his already is that the akatsuki members travel in pairs, his good guy to bad guy change must have been influenced by that mission his dad gave him before anbu initiation, propably to invistigate on something and he discovered something else that possesed him yadda yadda, so kisame should have his too , it would explain his huge amount of power!

i hope i threw in some new things on the table, didnt read everyone elses will do in abit lol

Assertn
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:05 AM
what makes you think those are the elements associated with every youma?

Roko
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:08 AM
what Assertn said. Also, akatsuki only has 2 demons so far. Gaara is the third. wouldn't make sense if Oro had a demon, or he woulda just used it's power to crush Konoha. The puppet maker doesn't have a demon, since he said he still needed one.

On top of what Assertn said, why doesn't Kyuubi suit Itachi? Specify a bit.

elmojo
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:10 PM
so the puppet master doesnt have 1 damn i thought he had his already, thanks for correcting

i think every akatsuki member would have a youma based on their characterstics or their clan's characteristics or the climate their village is in? but thats just a wild guess but you could be absolutely right that nine tails is for itachi because uchinas use fire also in their jutsus so my thinking might be completely off!

elemental properties of each youma would explain how some of them are stronger than others or atleast i'd find it more interesthing that way

is it possible to kill someone with a youma? thats another thing that bothered me

Konohamaru
Thu, 05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Itachi also means weasel so I don't think a fox would suit him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DDBen
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
2 notes. First off the Nine tails has never used any fire attack period that we have seen just because the chakra is red doesn't mean its fire red is often simply associated with a evil aura. 2nd last I checked Itachi means skunk not weasle however this could be incorrect however I highly doubt it.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
where did you get those elements? i don't recall any of them appearing in the manga, if anything, i would expect something oriental like: water, fire, earth, wood, metal... and throw into it yin & yand and holy/dark.
actually, i'm kinda biased towards the meanning of each ring, we have the Shanron special with all sorts of chinese gods...

elmojo
Fri, 05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
i never said those were facts, just guessing and predicting i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif , i relate red to fire alot, so maybe that guess is right
too

i cant wait to see a blood limit like a magneto type character that can control metal, imagine the projectile power of that character

Boreras
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:38 AM
i might be a bit late in adding this, but the third one with mangekyou sharingan (however you spell it), is obvious Kakashi, he has 3 dots, used it to stun that bitch in the lame movie. And i do think every Atatsuki wants a demon...

kAi
Sat, 05-07-2005, 04:57 AM
2nd last I checked Itachi means skunk not weasle however this could be incorrect however I highly doubt it.
It's both skunk and weasel.

tomek1919
Sat, 05-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by: Boreras
i might be a bit late in adding this, but the third one with mangekyou sharingan (however you spell it), is obvious Kakashi, he has 3 dots, used it to stun that bitch in the lame movie. And i do think every Atatsuki wants a demon...

where did you see that? the only thing i could see kakashi was using was upgraded sharingan not mangekyou... what you said didnt prove that kakashi is the third person with mangekyou sharingan tough in manga it looked like it

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-07-2005, 05:16 PM
What's an "upgraded sharingan"?
I don't think Kakashi has mangekyou though. This is being discussed in teh Chapter 258 topic. Lot's of good points have been made...

Deblas
Sat, 05-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo

I think its when you have the 3 dots in the pupil.

elmojo
Sat, 05-07-2005, 06:28 PM
can't deny that kakashi has a way cooler blade than itachi

tomek1919
Sun, 05-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Originally posted by: xanbcoo

I think its when you have the 3 dots in the pupil.

yeah thats what i meant... sorry i didnt know how to say that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Sun, 05-08-2005, 12:30 PM
if kisame DOES have a demon inside him, then that would mean deidara is probably getting gaara's demon soon.

which would actually be pretty cool to see.........
just imagine the fight where gaara calls up a giant tidal wave of sand to cover the landscape, except instead of desert requiem, deidara would put her hands down and explode EVERYTHING

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 05-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I hope Kisame does NOT have a demon inside him.
It would be retarded if some of the already strongest ninjas in the world got together, went through years of work, sealed a demon inside one of its members, and he gets owned by a retard who can open some gates.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Aw how can you hate gai, just because he's more umm how should I put this, unique then some of the other ninja we've seen.

Strider
Tue, 05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Roko: I guess you could associate Itachi with the Kyuubi because most people associate the color red (the fox's fur & chakra) with fire, which is the elemental choice of skills for the Uchiha Clan.

Personally, I'd love to see all the Akatsuki, as I believe everyone would, as well as some background information on them, how they formed up, how the new ninth member (Orochimaru's replacement) was decided upon and invited, etc.

At the moment, the only sensible reasons for the gathering of the members and search for the Bijyuu would be .. for them to imbue themselves with the Demons, or .. like somewhat said, surprise the living hell out of us all and destroy the demons.

Either way, with either one of those outcomes, it's going to mean tons of Akatsuki v. Akatsuki action .. 'cause if they want one for each of them, someone will be too ambitious, or not like their pick and have to kill the other member. If want to destroy the Demons .. someone will want one for themself at the idea of more power. It'll be interesting ..

// Strider. Out.

Shin_Naruto
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:25 PM
I've kinda reneged on my 'Akatsuki wants to seal it in themselves' train of thought...

Itachi has never sought power... just challenges. Tests of strength.
Power is not what the Akatsuki lack.
Destruction is at their fingertips. They could obviously wreck countries at will w/ their combined power.
The summoned tool ripping Gaara to shreds atm must be building up to some kind of finale w/ all the demons have been 'whateverd' by it.

Its gotta be 'something else'

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I doubt the nine of the akatsuki could take any but the weakest of countries on their own. The sand, sure why not, that hidden village of water or whatever from that godawful naruto yearly special, I'll buy that. Konoha? Nope. And no village that's comparable to Konoha in power either. There's just not enough of them and such villages would contain too many highly skilled ninja. So collecting demons for the sake of amassing power (for whatever purpose) should still be a viable possibility.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:04 AM
I disagree.
Orochimaru, a few lackies, and sand trash took out the Hokage and 'severly damaged' Konoha.
Jiriya was the only one we saw fighting the invasion @ a level high enough to fight ONE Akatsuki member (maybe Hyuuga... but thats not the point) If you get 9 of them running around a city I doubt much would be left. Jiriya only showed up because he knew it was comming. Its only 1.5 days travel from the cave they are hanging. I doubt Jiriya would find out about their movements and be able to make it there if he was even half a day away. Konoha also has all their ninjas 'out on missions' in other countries atm to appear strong... which means they are weak @ home right now. If they wanted to destroy Konoha (arguably the strongest country) they would try now.

I also think Kishimoto is a better writer then that and also why destruction is not in my top 5 'theories'

Crows_Kill
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Anyone else notice the demon/statue they summoned beared a resemblance to the death god from the 3rds final jitsu? But with more eyes. Maybe they are trying to somehow apease the death god to raise one of theor own from the dead and need the power of the nine demons to do so. Maybe a fromer leader of Atsuki or some else that was sealed by the 4th's jitsu ( as he created it, the 3rd just used it). Might be more interesting that the whole take over the world plot.
And am I the only one who saw the similarity of the atsuki pose on the fingers of the statur to the pose of the apostles on the giant hand from beserk? Coincidence?

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Diadara nearly nuked the entire sand village with one blow and he/she (I still don't know what it's gender is) said that he/she came underprepared. Thats just one member. Honestly I do think that the Atsuki could easily take down a country. Even one like the leaf. Sand village is nothing to take lightly, it's one of the five major ninja powers in the naruto world so they shouldn't be taken lightly. The atsuki probably have all kinds of crazy skills they could probably easily take down one of the major ninja villages single handedly.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by: Shin_Naruto
I disagree.
Orochimaru, a few lackies, and sand trash took out the Hokage and 'severly damaged' Konoha.
Jiriya was the only one we saw fighting the invasion @ a level high enough to fight ONE Akatsuki member (maybe Hyuuga... but thats not the point) If you get 9 of them running around a city I doubt much would be left. Jiriya only showed up because he knew it was comming. Its only 1.5 days travel from the cave they are hanging. I doubt Jiriya would find out about their movements and be able to make it there if he was even half a day away. Konoha also has all their ninjas 'out on missions' in other countries atm to appear strong... which means they are weak @ home right now. If they wanted to destroy Konoha (arguably the strongest country) they would try now.

I also think Kishimoto is a better writer then that and also why destruction is not in my top 5 'theories'

Who of note died in that Konoha Invasion? Nobody other than the third. If he didn't in that fight, he would have from cancer or old age in a year or so anyway. And Orochimaru, a former Akatsuki member, killed him in a one on one fight. Also, It wasn't just a few ninja and two bit trash that fought Konoha. It was two villages. There was way more than just a few sound lackeys. In addition to that, there was massive before hand preparation that Konoha was (stupidly) oblivious to. Yet they they still managed to survive.

If the Sannin are comparable in power, and Kabuto can take one of them (he can take tsunade, I don't doubt that for a second), and kakashi is approximately as strong as Kabuto, I'd say kakashi is about strong enough to be an akatsuki member. If Gai's rivalry with kakashi and his recent exploits mean anything, I'd say he's about strong enough to be one as well. Lets not forget about the entire mini-village of the Hyuuga and the sheer size of Konoha (probably with ninja ranging in strengh from near kakashi level to kurenai level). Tsunade and Jiraiya would be there as well (because it's Jiraiya's business to know what Akatsuki is up to). On top of that, I'm sure the young ones have grown massively in strenght as well so as to be significant in the fight. Akatsuki may be able to hurt the village, but they're all dying.

If there are other villages at this point that may be comparable to Konoha in power (remember, we haven't even seen all the villages), a similar argument would hold for them.

Kovash
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:27 AM
The bodies Oro used were random dead sound ninja's prepaired to have the soul of a random dead ninja sucked into them. No the 4th was not summoned because the 3rd prevented it. Of course I don't think that any of the Hokage's can be summoned anymore by that technique as all of there souls have been either used to pay for the god of Death or been eaten by it. Note the 1st through 3rd were all eaten when the 3rd battled orochimaru. The fourth on the other hand I believe payed with his soul in order to seal the 9 tails into Naruto. This to me atleast means we won't be seeing anymore ressurected Hokagies from the past.
This is a little off topic, but still.

Didn't Sarutobi say that to seal the enemy's soul, they had to give up their life to the demon god, then both souls would be locked in an eternal battle within the seal?

Which would suggest (and this is pure speculation) that it's not _just_ the Demon fox inside Naruto... ¬_¬

And for something on topic - what's the deal with the Atkasuki 'leaders' eyes? one of the Manga's I have suggests he has the Sharingan, but other frames in the same chapter say otherwise. I suppose my question is, does he have dots around his eyes? or just a line around his pupil?

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 12:51 AM
no no no.......if oro couldve successfully summoned the 4th during the fight with sarutobi, then why couldnt he do it now instead?

oro knows how the 4th died.....if there was no way to resurrect him, then he wouldnt have tried in the first place

Kovash
Wed, 05-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Acctually, Orochimaru wouldn't have known the specifics of the 4th's death, since he had no idea what Jutsu Sarutobi used on him.

Though, we don't know the specific of his summoning jutsu either, so it might not use the soul of the person to animate them but just a copy of their conciousness... who knows?

tomek1919
Wed, 05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

If the Sannin are comparable in power, and Kabuto can take one of them (he can take tsunade, I don't doubt that for a second), and kakashi is approximately as strong as Kabuto, I'd say kakashi is about strong enough to be an akatsuki member. If Gai's rivalry with kakashi and his recent exploits mean anything, I'd say he's about strong enough to be one as well. Lets not forget about the entire mini-village of the Hyuuga and the sheer size of Konoha (probably with ninja ranging in strengh from near kakashi level to kurenai level). Tsunade and Jiraiya would be there as well (because it's Jiraiya's business to know what Akatsuki is up to). On top of that, I'm sure the young ones have grown massively in strenght as well so as to be significant in the fight. Akatsuki may be able to hurt the village, but they're all dying.

i have to disagree... Kabuto can't take Tsunade... she is on Orochimaru's level and she would have killed Kabuto if not her trembling... besides note that Orochimaru was Akatsuki's member (probably one of the weakest) and Kakashi said that he was mad saying that he will sacrafice himself to kill Orochmiaru couse he knew he couldnt do it... there is no way that Kakashi and Gai are even close to Akatsuki members level

elmojo
Wed, 05-11-2005, 09:05 AM
there is no way orichimaru was akatsuki's weakest member, and you are right kakashi isnt in oricihmarus level but times change people train

akatsuki propably consider orichimaru their biggest threat and will want to try to eliminate him soon, which i doubt is going to happen i think oricihmaru can take a few of htem head on he is a master at jutsus, he killed the hokage and he is a sannin , he fought jiraiya without any arms .. need i say more?

i dont think its all about power tho, thats too dbz'ish, anything could happen i dont think you could predict the outcome based on just a persons "power" , the way gaara lost to diedra was an indication of how unprepared gaara was and diedra knew about gaara more than gaara knew about diedra, ofcourse diedra is going to win

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 05-11-2005, 09:50 AM
The diedra fight more or less illistrated that not all of the battles come down to power. Diedra simply took garra out by outsmarting him and figuring out how to use his sand shield against him.

Strider
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Orochimaru was not Akatsuki's weakest member.

The [presumed] leader of Akatsuki recognized their loss by no longer having Orochimaru, when stating, "Without Orochimaru's power this will take longer .." This was still said even with Kisame's MASSIVE chakra capacity.

I also agree with someone else's statement, in saying that Orochimaru is one of Akatsuki's biggest threat. Not only due to his skills, but moreso due to his knowledge of the Organization and most assuredly their plans. If there were to be a battle against Orochimaru, I would bank on the loss of at least a third of their [Akatsuki's] lives. Don't think Itachi would be one of those, though. He's too much of a beast .. like Daigo's SFIII parrying skills. Insanity.

// Strider. Out.

Assertn
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by: Kovash
Acctually, Orochimaru wouldn't have known the specifics of the 4th's death, since he had no idea what Jutsu Sarutobi used on him.

maybe so, but sarutobi was quite clear on the specific's of the 4th's death.....and he also seemed quite clear on the way oro's resurrection jutsu works......

enough to be concerned about keeping that 3rd coffin from appearing, anyway

tomek1919
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
sorry then my bad about saying that Orochimaru was one of the weakest Akatsuki members... but still Orochimaru said that he could't beat Itachi so Itachi alone could kill him without death of any Akatsutki member

kAi
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Orochimaru is scared of Itachi mainly because he can take his jutsu's away from him, and use them, and Orochimaru mainly thinks power is from how many jutsu's you got, and Itachi having the Sharingan makes it easier for him to learn all of those jutsu.

Also when Orochimaru fought Jiraiya without arms, Jiraiya wasn't at his capacity, he summoned Gamakichi or that other one or whatever, when he should've done Gamabunta, he wasn't at his best.

Orochimaru would be one of the high ranking Akatsuki members I say.

Strider
Wed, 05-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Going with kAi on this one.

Orochimaru fears Itachi. I do not believe this makes him necessarily an overwhelming force that could easily snuff him out. I do feel Itachi could and would beat Orochimaru if they were to battle, though.

Orochimaru's fear stems from what kAi and others have mentioned. Orochimaru equates powers to quantity of jutsu. With a Sharingan user as an opponent, you're giving your opponent more weapons to utilize, and against a Sharingan they are able to counter as they can somewhat predict what is going to occur next in terms of seal performance. Even with that, a recuperated Orochimaru could take out two to three Akatsuki members, sans Itachi.
*** The last statement was all speculation and merely my sole opinion, which does not even hold much substance considering we have not seen half of the Akatsuki members do anything.

Orochimaru was a top-tier Akatsuki member. Fin.

// Strider. Out.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 05-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Who of note died in that Konoha Invasion? Nobody other than the third.

Who of note died of the invaders?

Also, It wasn't just a few ninja and two bit trash that fought Konoha. It was two villages. There was way more than just a few sound lackeys. In addition to that, there was massive before hand preparation that Konoha was (stupidly) oblivious to. Yet they they still managed to survive.

It was trash of 2 villages. The only players of note were Orochimaru, Kabuto, Gaara, Baki, and the sound 4 (who were busy being shields). Imagine if all 9 Akatsuki had shown up. Hello destuction.

Orochimaru says that he left the Akatsuki because their goals differed from his... and if his goals were to destroy Konoha then he woulda stayed with them

f the Sannin are comparable in power, and Kabuto can take one of them (he can take tsunade, I don't doubt that for a second), and kakashi is approximately as strong as Kabuto, I'd say kakashi is about strong enough to be an akatsuki member. If Gai's rivalry with kakashi and his recent exploits mean anything, I'd say he's about strong enough to be one as well.

Kabuto cannot take out Tsunada... Tsuanda has more tricks up her sleeve then he does. I didnt see him summon any giant slugs. I didnt see him use any super strength. If Tsunada = Orochimaru and Kabuto is his lacky... I highly doubt he can take Tsunada. (unless hes really the 10th Akatsuki like some people think)

Lets not forget about the entire mini-village of the Hyuuga and the sheer size of Konoha (probably with ninja ranging in strengh from near kakashi level to kurenai level).

I thought about them... but its foolish to think that they are top dogs in the Ninja world. The fact that they were #2 in Konoha to the Uchiha should proove that right away.

I think the Akatsuki could wreck some $%!^ is all.

Strider
Thu, 05-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Lets not forget about the entire mini-village of the Hyuuga and the sheer size of Konoha (probably with ninja ranging in strengh from near kakashi level to kurenai level).

I thought about them... but its foolish to think that they are top dogs in the Ninja world. The fact that they were #2 in Konoha to the Uchiha should proove that right away.

I think the Akatsuki could wreck some $%!^ is all.[/quote]

Off topic.

Why do you think the Hyuuga were second to the Uchiha?

// Strider. Out.

galarnon
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey all, I'm new here and want to apologize if something I wrote here already been written before.

I don't know where all the "4th hokage" talking started but I must stop it now. Just forget it guys the 4th hokage
is dead for sure!! Nothing will change it!

I know thinking of an aktsuki member as the 4th hokage makes u excited so much but damn guys the man is dead.

I also read of all the soul reviving speculations and I wanne mark somthing strange. I want u to think of it and if u can explain it to me I'll be glad. Well backthere Oro bound the soul of the 4th hokage with a living human body in order to summon him for the fight(Oro-Saru fight). Well how can this be if the 4th's soul was taken over by the death god when he sealed the Kayubi 16 years ago. And I know the summon didn't succeded in the end but this fact has nothing to do with what I said as some of u guys suggested before, it's because the 3rd stopped it from coming out. Think of it guys cause it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I also want to be sure of the members known until now, correct me if I'm wrong or tell me if I forgot someone:

1. Itachi
2. Kisame - The shark face
3. Sasori - The puppet master (also if I'm not mistaken "sasori" means scorpion which also fits with his figure)
4. Deidara- The long haired girl
5. Zetsu - The strange black&white Akatsuki's spy ("zetsu" means to Suppress/End)

there's the 9 figures picuter from chap 238.
I watched it carefully but couldn't really Identify Zetsu, there's the upside down figure but I doubt it's him, I think it is Sasori, so here is something to help u decide, I hope u can open this:
http://www.netkings.co.il/comm...ype=post&id=795740 (http://www.netkings.co.il/community/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=795740)

Strider
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:14 AM
From that image, I speculated their identities to be as the following:

01. Kisame.
02. (The big man I'm curious about)
04. Itachi.
05. Deidara.
06. Sasori.
08. (The presumed Leader with odd eyes ..)
09. Zetsu.

On another note, did they say for certain that the Shinigami Skill is what the Fourth Hokage performed to seal the Nine-Tails within Naruto? Just curious. I have the memory of a goldfish with certain things.

// Strider. Out.

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 05-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
Off topic.
Why do you think the Hyuuga were second to the Uchiha?

Some stuff itachi said back in the flashbacks:

"Almost all of us are working for the first division of the [police] force and are participating in keeping the order of the village. [The] only ones who can enforse the laws on Shinobi's crimes... are superior ninjas."

but lets not get off topic... Mut will yell at us.
feel free to PM me for debate (and not lame fanboyness - im more of a Hyuuga fan then a Uchiha fan)

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm really curious to see if the Atsuki leader is the mysterious third super sharingan user who were all dieing to see. I really do think that the sharingan's true purpose has something to do with the younma.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-14-2005, 04:59 PM
He isn't.
Otherwise, Orochimaru would have left the orginazation earlier or even not join it at all, we know he left becuase he feared Itachi's sharingan, so it's unlikely that another member of the akatsuki would be an Uchiha meber, let alone a M.Sharingan person.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I doubt the Akatsuki Leader is the third Uchiha with the ability to use the Magekyou Sharingan.

For starters, Itachi wants to face another Mangekyou user, doesn't he? I believed these were his intentions, to truly test his limits against someone with "the same eyes as me." If the Leader was this third person, Itachi or him would have killed each other.

More needs to be shown on the other members, namely names and village association.

// Strider. Out.

DDBen
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:32 PM

01. Kisame.
04. Itachi.
05. Deidara.
06. Sasori.
09. Zetsu.

On another note, did they say for certain that the Shinigami Skill is what the Fourth Hokage performed to seal the Nine-Tails within Naruto? Just curious. I have the memory of a goldfish with certain things.

// Strider. Out.

Check when the third uses it against Orochimaru he certainly alludes to the fact its what was used to seal the 9-tails inside of Naruto if he doesn't state it directly.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Good looks, DDBen. I'll have to check that out later on tonight, after work. I think he initiated the kinjutsu around episode 76 or 77. I know it was a few episodes before 79, which is when you see all the adults own some of the Sand & Sound shinobi.

Another way to be possibly sure, is if the seal that forms on the Third Hokage's stomach once it's complete, is the same one that's on Naruto's.

// Strider. Out.

galarnon
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:26 PM

01. Kisame.
04. Itachi.
05. Deidara.
06. Sasori.
09. Zetsu.

// Strider. Out.

Ha????????

Man I can tell u r wrong. How can u say that 5 is Deidara, it makes no sense, I'm pretty much certain it's 9, u can tell from the hair. 9 cannot be Zetsu man he has the spikes where r they in 9????
Zetsu must be 5 or 6. But because 5 looks more like sasory(his nose mach) than Zetsu must be 6.

Check it again: http://www.netkings.co.il/comm...ype=post&id=795740 (http://www.netkings.co.il/community/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=795740)

Mut
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:36 PM
That's the dumbest thing ever. #9 is Zetsu, #6 is Sasori and #5 is Deidara. Get over it. You're wrong. End of discussion.

Strider
Mon, 05-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Zetsu does not have spikes. Well, he somewhat does .. more like barbs (the "teeth") of a venus fly trap .. which closes, and then you can't see the barbs. In that image, that's how Zetsu is positioned. The venus fly trap enclosure that's around his head is mostly closed or some shit.

Like, Mut said .. You're wrong about the image. Onto bigger, better things dealing with the Akatsuki.

Like .. is the Leader really the Fourth Hokage!? Let's not.

What're everyone's thoughts on how, or even if, Orochimaru, Sasuke and Co. will play into this Akatsuki arc, though?

// Strider. Out.

elmojo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
the leader of akatsuki might be someone who was not picked as the 4th hokage .. does anyone think this?

(the 4th's rival?)

it doesnt look like akatsuki and orichimaru are under worst terms, i think they are different factions of evil that wont interfere, akatsuki could have easily taken care of sasuke and ruined orichimaru's plans.. i think akatsuki wants extreme power, while orichimaru wants konoha..

Mut
Mon, 05-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by: elmojo
the leader of akatsuki might be someone who was not picked as the 4th hokage .. does anyone think this?

(the 4th's rival?)

it doesnt look like akatsuki and orichimaru are under worst terms, i think they are different factions of evil that wont interfere, akatsuki could have easily taken care of sasuke and ruined orichimaru's plans.. i think akatsuki wants extreme power, while orichimaru wants konoha..
You mean... Orochimaru?

elmojo
Mon, 05-16-2005, 11:13 PM
mabe it is orichimaru's apprentice.. who happens to be the 4th's main rival

someone who was the 4th's biggest rival from the same generation

Mut
Mon, 05-16-2005, 11:18 PM
mabe it is orichimaru's apprentice.. who happens to be the 4th's main rival

someone who was the 4th's biggest rival from the same generation
You mean... Anko?

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Anko and 4th can't be rivals, Anko is clearly superior in every way (for example she probably looks better in fishnet)

galarnon
Tue, 05-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
That's the dumbest thing ever. #9 is Zetsu, #6 is Sasori and #5 is Deidara. Get over it. You're wrong. End of discussion.

Zetsu does not have spikes. Well, he somewhat does .. more like barbs (the "teeth") of a venus fly trap .. which closes, and then you can't see the barbs. In that image, that's how Zetsu is positioned. The venus fly trap enclosure that's around his head is mostly closed or some shit.

Like, Mut said .. You're wrong about the image. Onto bigger, better things dealing with the Akatsuki.

Like .. is the Leader really the Fourth Hokage!? Let's not.

What're everyone's thoughts on how, or even if, Orochimaru, Sasuke and Co. will play into this Akatsuki arc, though?

// Strider. Out.

OK I see your point now it was my mistake, just cause I can't really see #5 as Deidara....
But I guass u'r right guys

elmojo
Tue, 05-17-2005, 09:24 AM
imagine one of the akatsuki is iruka sensei, that would really blow my mind

Kovash
Tue, 05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Have you people forgotten? The 4th's Rival for Hokage was Orochimaru! And the only reason Orochimaru didn't get to be Hokage was becuase he was evil.

I would prefer it if the 'Leader' of Akatsuki was someone who's never been mentioned yet, and NOT a sharingan user.

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Anyone else feel (with the ending of 135) that the Kyubi is a more important piece then the other demons?
The translation being 'ultimate goal' is enough of an indicator- let alone specifically bringing up the Kyubi, and not the others, at their first meeting in years... (read: adulthood/hokage age)

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:37 PM
hmm....? how would it be more important? we've already seen that the shukku and kyubi probably have equal power, but garra knew how to use shukku more than naruto could use kyubi. Naruto never acctually took form of kyubi until the sasuke match where kyubi chakara moved for itself.

elmojo
Sat, 05-21-2005, 09:20 PM
i dont think we have seen the true power of nine tails

naruto didnt fight shikakku with nine tails completely, it was shikkaku against the frog boss in a nine tails form.. which is nothing compared to the real nine tails, shikakku is propably the weakest demon if you rank them by tails, but it could be ranked element wise i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif i hope its like that anyway

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:25 AM
The way Akatsuki talks about Kyubi they see him as stronger than atleast Shukuku.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:44 AM
wasn't shukaku said to be 'one tail' when they got gaara?
if so, then there's another five (nine - naruto, gaara and the other two already captured demons) hosts (most likely teenagers) who are potentially stronger than gaara, meanning that Akatsuki is probably in deep shit right about now.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Maybe not since who knows maybe the other ones are weaker than Gaara and doesnt have legendary ninjas like Jiraya as thier bodygourd and teacher.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Garra had a signifigant advantage over naruto and any other kid who has a demon sealed within him. Garra had a kage for a dad who taught him how to really use and take advatage of his younma. Although it's looking like he's probably going to lose it. I wonder if he'll die like the next chapter hints at or if he'll simply be powerless.

TwisT
Mon, 05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Ehh, when did Gaaras dad teach him anything?? I've seen nothing remotley like that.. Gaara is self-learned..

RasenDori
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:33 PM
i dont think the countless atempts to have him assassinated count as teaching him to use his youma

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 05-23-2005, 10:53 PM
If I remember correctly back in episode 58 Garra mentions how his father taught him all kinds of jutsu's but never gave him any affection. Generally it's something that's more inferred as opposed to being something that's concrete but his father did train Garra. Only problem is that his dad kept going back and forth trying to decide if Garra should be killed or if he should keep him as a weapon.

elmojo
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:37 AM
well i'm pretty sure, that the akatsuki saga will resemble the shibukai *ssaga of one piece, where as there would be an arc for each members demise, its tought to tell who right now..

*spoiler alert*

but i think diedra is going down by sasori and his grandmother, blood is thicker than water sometimes

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 03:15 PM
so, you think sasori is going to help kill deidara?

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
WTF! Why would Sasori kill deidara? There is no evidence what so ever to bring any indication of that. It's a nice theory but as of now there is no evidence to base it around so it carries no weight.

elmojo
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:23 AM
sorry , its a complete guess but i said spoile rbeacuse some ppl come and read this thread and did not read all of the manga yet my bad

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 06-15-2005, 12:27 AM
Don't take my comment to heart. Feel free to post what ever crazy ass theory you can come up with. It's just at this point in the game there really isn't any evidece that the atsuki has some sort of infighting. They seem to be a cohesive uberbadass unit that is working together to achieve a higher goal.

American Hero
Wed, 06-15-2005, 02:48 PM

blood is thicker than water sometimes

No, blood is always thicker than water.

But, I don't think your theory will come into play at all. Sure, there might be some emotional banter back and forth between grandson and grandmother, and the old bat might even sacrifice herself to take him out, but I don't think he'll turn sides. That would be silly.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I dunno.. if my coworker attacked my grandma I'd be pissed.

elmojo
Wed, 06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
when darth vader threw emperor palapatine off the railing when he was killing luke , i thought anything is possible

it might be one of those deals

Rhanfahl
Wed, 06-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Hopefully minus the whiny "Father....please...." "Help me" WTF, some Jedi he was. He must have been having an Anakin moment. I guess all the Skywalkers have a Whiny Bitch gene somewhere...well, except Leia. That's one hardass bitch! Jedi powers + Rebellious leader who's planet was just bitch slapped with a fucking laser beam + female hormones = more dangerous and scary than any Sith Lord. Obi-Wan trained the wrong kid.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 06-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Don't be dissing luke. He may be whiny but he's the original. Now getting back on topic, my big question is Sasori's tail organic or is it artificial? I'm not quite sure I remember in one of Shanaro's releases there was a really nice colored pic of sasori only they gave his tail the texture of wood implying that it was some sort of puppet device. I'm guessing I'll have to wait to see it in the anime to get my final answer. Although I'm really curious to see Sasori fight, so far we really haven't seen him do much of anything aside from whipping out his tail. If Deidara can nuke a village I'm curious to see what Sasori can do.

elmojo
Thu, 06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
i think the fact that sasori MADE those puppets in the previous episode was scary enough!
he is the master of poison and i think to answer your q, sasori is inside that thing it must be a super puppet

ChaosK
Thu, 06-16-2005, 02:26 PM
sasori's body is probably made of wood...

Roko
Thu, 06-16-2005, 08:01 PM
he's probably like General Greigous (spelling?) from Star Wars...just put his brain and heart into a puppet

kAi
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
The only part that doesn't look like a puppet are his legs.

and that's a crazy looking back, big face on it.

Roko
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:37 PM
actually, just read the translation of the newest chapter...
***SPOILERS*** for those who havn't read the chapter yet.

Apparently, the whole thing is a puppet, and he's inside the puppet controlling it...or so the tranlation says (dunno if it's accurate or not, got it from naruto-bunshin. Need to Register. (http://www.naruto-bunshin.com/news.asp))

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Gaara, this is no time for sleeping! That's not my ninja way!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 06-16-2005, 11:20 PM
What I'm curious to hear about is what the hell his puppet's made out of. He said something about killing 300 people and skinning them. My guess is that the puppet is either made of wood or rawhide skin a la silence of the lambs which would be pretty cool. But judging from what we've seen in the manga it looks like his puppet parts are wooden.

drcitan
Thu, 06-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
Gaara, this is no time for sleeping! That's not my ninja way!

LOL crazy dude. Damn that was funny.

James V
Mon, 06-20-2005, 05:55 PM
What I'm curious to hear about is what the hell his puppet's made out of. He said something about killing 300 people and skinning them. My guess is that the puppet is either made of wood or rawhide skin a la silence of the lambs which would be pretty cool. But judging from what we've seen in the manga it looks like his puppet parts are wooden.

What about bones??

Btw, Hi, I'm new i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ChaosK
Tue, 06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
he could probably put them together with the bones and just grind them into shape or something, hey he IS the puppetmaster.