PDA

View Full Version : Best fight in the series so far

Psyke
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Here are the contenders:

1) Kakashi Vs Team 7
2) Team 7 Vs Zabuza, Haku
3) Sasuke Vs Orochimaru (Forest of Death)
4) Rock Lee + Sakura Vs Sound Ninjas
5) Team 7 + Kabuto Vs Rain Ninjas
6) Sasuke Vs Yoroi
7) Shino Vs Zaku
8) Kankuro VS Tsurugi
9) Sakura Vs Ino
10) Temari Vs Ten Ten
11) Shikamaru Vs Kin
12) Naruto Vs Kiba
13) Neji Vs Hinata
14) Gaara Vs Rock Lee
15) Naruto Vs Neji
16) Shikamaru Vs Temari
17) Sasuke Vs Gaara
18) Orochimaru Vs 3rd Hokage
19) Shino Vs Kankuro
20) Naruto Vs Gaara
21) Itachi + Kisame Vs Konoho Jounins
22) Itachi Vs Sasuke + Naruto + Jiraiya
23) Tsunade + Jiraiya + Naruto + Shizune Vs Orochimaru + Kabuto
24) Naruto Vs Sasuke (Rooftop)
25) Sasuke Vs Sound 4
26) Chouji Vs Jiroubou
27) Neji Vs Kidoumaru
28) Kiba + Akamaru Vs Ukon + Sakon
29) Shikamaru Vs Tatuya
30) Gaara + Rock Lee Vs Kimimaro
31) Naruto Vs Sasuke
32) Kakashi VS Naruto+ Sakura
33) Gaara VS Deidara
34) Kankuro VS Sasori

For me my faves are the Rock Lee Vs Gaara match, and the Sanin fight.

Edit: Added in the post 2.5 year wait fights. Thanks to Terra for reminding me.....

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:14 AM
You missed a few of the later ones such as Gaara VS Deidara and Kankuro VS Sasori
Oh and Kakashi VS Naruto/Sakura.

A few of my favorite fights are Neji/Kidoumaru, Rock Lee+Gaara/Kimimaro, Rock Lee/Gaara, Sasuke/Gaara, any fighting with Itachi and an honorary award to Shino/Zaku because for some reason I've watched episode 40 so damn many times. Great episode. I can't wait to see Gaara/Deidara animated.

Actually I can't even choose my grand favorite fight. When you think of it Naruto has a lot of great bouts.
Hands down though, Neji VS Hinata because THAT BITCH GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!!!!

kAi
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:31 AM
well Sarutobi + Enma v Orochimaru, Shodaime and Nidaime was cool
Gaara v Lee
Team 7 Vs Zabuza + Haku (these were just cool)
Kimimaro v Lee/Gaara
Deidara v Gaara
Naruto v Sasuke (for my demon powered intake)

oh and the Sannin battle.

Captain Grammar
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:39 AM
Kakashi vs Zabuza.

basey44
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:57 AM
omg i love sasuke vs orochimaru in ep 30 so much, ive watched the ep countless times, the animation is beautiful, as is the fight choreography

Psyke
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
omg i love sasuke vs orochimaru in ep 30 so much, ive watched the ep countless times, the animation is beautiful, as is the fight choreography

Yup that's one of my faves as well! Especially the way Sasuke ties Orochimaru to the tree after pretending to be dead. Classic.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
You also forgot Kankuro VS Tsurugi

RasenDori
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:37 AM
my favorite are neji vs kidoumaru, shino vs kankurou, and shikamaru vs temari. to me those are what every fight should strive to be...one where the victor is out thinker.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Actually I can't even choose my grand favorite fight. When you think of it Naruto has a lot of great bouts.

what did she deserve? hinatas just a cute little girl with so much potential and a huge self esteem problem. neji set her back so far by just being a jerk. as much as i like neji, beating down that cute little girl was the lowest move for him. now sakura vs zaku... that was a fight where THAT BITCH GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!!!!

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Best fight of all time:

Naruto vs Ebisu!!!

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
my favorite are neji vs kidoumaru, shino vs kankurou, and shikamaru vs temari. to me those are what every fight should strive to be...one where the victor is out thinker.

what did she deserve? hinatas just a cute little girl with so much potential and a huge self esteem problem. neji set her back so far by just being a jerk. as much as i like neji, beating down that cute little girl was the lowest move for him. now sakura vs zaku... that was a fight where THAT BITCH GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!!!!

But what did Sakura deserve? She's just a pretty girl with so much love for sasuke and a huge self esteem problem.

oh my, can we see a pattern here?
I hate Sakura as well, but tastes are different.
That "little cute girl" that you refer to as Hinata is to me "an annoying stalker which should learn to speak without every word sounds like she's choking".

Jurojin
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Hinata is cute, leave her alone >_> Besides, who doesn't like having a cute silent woman stalking you, eh?

j/k

Anyways, Rock Lee vs. Gaara is hands down my favorite fight. Especially after he opens the 3rd gate. If only he would stop being pitted against the absolute defense people (Gaara, Kimimoro, etc). If he'd done to Neji/Sasuke/Naruto/etc what he tried to do to Gaara, Neji/Sasuke/Naruto/etc would have been so much paste on the floor><

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
The Drunken Lee and Kimi fight.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by: Jurojin
Hinata is cute, leave her alone >_>

I'll leave her alone when she lies as a dead bloody pulp on my floor.

But it's okay, I'll forgive your Hinata defenses since you like Planescape: Torment. Or at least have a quote from it in your sig... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GLS
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Gaara vs. Rock Lee
Gaara vs. Naruto
Gaara + Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro

As for a non-Gaara fight, I liked the Neji vs. Kidoumaru fight, and Itachi/Kisame vs. Jounins.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:22 PM
My favs are...

Rock Lee vs Gaara is of course the best one so far mostly cause Lee was at his best when he opened the gates,showed his real speed. I hope we see Rock Lee fight like that again soon.

Naruto vs Gaara before Gamabunta and Gaara's demon came out cuase Naruto for once used his bunshin wisely.

Gaara vs Kimimaro mostly cause Gaara news moves are cool and Kimi is a freak.

Knives122
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:26 PM
you and your gaara fights Gaara

but for me its:

Chouji Vs Jiroubou b/c that was the point where I actually started having real respect for him

Naruto vs. Sasuke(the last time) b/c if you take out all that crap that was put in there to waste time(not really) then you'd actually get a good fight

Jurojin
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Yes Terracosmo, Dakkon pwns all.

Chouji's fight was cool too, and is it me or did he actually look intimitading after he'd eaten the last pill?

Y
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Naruto v. Haku.

Kakashi v. Zabuza, both times.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand
Gaara vs. Rock Lee
Gaara vs. Naruto
Gaara + Rock Lee vs. Kimimaro

As for a non-Gaara fight, I liked the Neji vs. Kidoumaru fight, and Itachi/Kisame vs. Jounins.

Heh we have the same fav fights i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gaara isnt my fav charachter but when he is in a fight you can expect a great fight.

RasenDori
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:56 PM

I'll leave her alone when she lies as a dead bloody pulp on my floor.

you know you wouldnt. you would take every chance you get to stomp on her poor defensely carcass

Souryusen
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Naruto v. Haku.

Kakashi v. Zabuza, both times.

Agreed.

There aren't any others within the manga that I enjoyed as much as these. In the anime Sasuke v. Oro came real close.

Assertn
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:13 PM
i dunno where all the hype about the bridge fight comes from.....at least in the anime anyway, I felt it was just too drawn out

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
I dont understand iether since it wasnt as much of fight as the other fights. I think most of the hype comes from that it was the first fight in the manga.

Captain Grammar
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:27 PM
They fought like ninja.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:51 PM
And who said they didnt fight like ninja?

Assertn
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:53 PM
if by fight like ninja, you mean summon dogs to rise up from under the bridge to ambush zabuza, and then attempt to thrust a large energy ball into his chest.....then yes, like ninjas

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM
well, here's my list, not based on any order, just the fights i liked in the manga.

1. Naruto Vs Mizuki - Naruto looked pretty badass there, so why the heck not?
2. Haku and Zabuza fights - no need to explain.
3. Shikamaru Vs Kin - first appearnce of the brainman!
4. Gaara Vs Rock Lee - one of the most emotional fights.
5. Naruto Vs Neji - I read this one like a 100 times.
6. Naruto Vs Gaara - Same reason.
7. Naruto Vs Kabuto - just a good fight.
8. Naruto Vs Sasuke (rooftop) - another decent fight.

Crows_Kill
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Drunken lee vs kimi
Lee vs gara
and sasuke vs oro in the forest
The anime versions in all 3, more so than the manga fights , though they were great on paper too.
All 3 becuase they ramped up the animation through the fricken roof in each fight and it rocked. I almost wish they would do it more often, but then it wouldnt be as much of a treat when we do see it. The art style changed dramaticly for each fight too, becomeing more chaotic and line-drawn than normal, but I liked it.

I really hope they do they same for the big fight upcoming in the anime- the naruto-sasuke fight NEEDS that level of animation, or better.

Y
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i dunno where all the hype about the bridge fight comes from.....at least in the anime anyway, I felt it was just too drawn out

The payoff was spectacular, in my opinion. Honestly, one of the greatest scenes in the anime is Zabuza attacking Kakashi and Kakashi mercilessly beating the shit out of him.

ChaosK
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:51 PM
i liked the naruto vs garra thing, i'd say i liked the sarutobi vs. oro match but it lagged on too long.

i liked the sannin fight, naruto vs neji was good. Neji vs kidoumaru was nice. i liked the naruto vs sasuke (the final one so far) team 7 vs. zabuza was good, (the first 1 not the 1 that included haku) sasuke vs. oro + when naruto comes to the rescue goes kyubi and then calls sasuke scaredy cat. i liked the itachi match because it showed us itachi at last.

umm i have very bad memory who is mizuki?

EDIT: nvm i remember who mizuki is now.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Top 3 in order: Rock Lee v Gaara > Lee + Gaara v Kimimaro > Neji Vs Kidoumaru

weakest anbu
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:41 PM
rock lee vs gaara

just because lee stood up unconsciously after he got own like shit... i almost had a tear then i realized rock lee still looked like a faggot and was able to contained my sadness.

Eurasian
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I would like to agree on Naruto v. Haku. It's one of the first reasons I really liked Naruto.

PSJ
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
naruto vs. neji, naruto vs. gaara, naruto vs. sasuke- all good fights new elements in all three, neji battle was the kyuubi chakra for the first time controlled. gaara battle gama bunta fighting. the sasuke battle was what i had been waiting for since the roof top duel.
chouji vs. jiroubou- i loved this fight, chouji was so damn cool.
3rd vs. orochimaru- this fight was awesome, they destroyed it in the anime but in the manga it was really cool.
itachi/kisame vs.asuma/kurenai/kakashi - great introduction for itachi, gave us a feel on how strong itachi is.

Trip
Thu, 03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
naruto vs sasuke on the hospital rooftop in the manga, not so much the fight, but the aftermath i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

the lee vs gara in the exam was probally the best animated anime one imo, so that's a fave too.

drcitan
Thu, 03-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Sarutobi Vs Oro, 1st and 2nd and Sasuke Vs Oro

Stoopider
Sat, 04-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Sarutobi Vs Oro. The level of them fighting is quite crazy. With huge crazy ass jutsu's being thrown at each other. It's very cool. Battle of the Kage's.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 04-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the last scene of the bridge fight where Zabuza has both of his arms disabled but still runs into the crowd of people using the kunai in his mouth and kills gatou. That was one of the great pinicles of the series when it comes down sheer badassity.

Sidnne
Tue, 04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
My favorite was Gaara vs Lee during the exam tourney.

Others:
2. Naruto vs Neji
3. Lee vs Kimimaro
4. Naruto vs Kabuto
5. Kakashi vs Zabuza
6. Naruto vs Orochimaru's snake (when he stopped it right in front of Sasuke was a badass moment in the series)
7. Gaara vs Deidara

2:25
Tue, 04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Number one favorite: Team 7 Vs Zabuza, Haku

then second: Gaara + Rock Lee Vs Kimimaro
third: Tsunade + Jiraiya + Naruto + Shizune Vs Orochimaru + Kabuto,
fourth: Shikamaru Vs Temari
fifth: Chouji Vs Jiroubou

Sidnne
Tue, 04-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Shikamaru vs Temari was a good one too. I was thinking about putting that on my list but I didn't want it to be too long.

I really enjoyed the strategy involved in that fight.

oni roh
Sat, 04-30-2005, 03:15 AM
sarutobi vs oro was one of my favorites to watch. It was awesome, it was no "OMG I"M SCREWED TIME TO GO CURSE SEAL LEVEL 2 " It was just all ninjutsu we have never seen before, and kishimoto really did a great job at showing us a "hokage" level battle. it was just great and fun to watch. There is only a FEW fights in this series that were actually "great" cause all others were the same old thing, same old techniques used by the ninjas, only change was the name slightly to allow for the technique to be more powerful. Weak.

kakashi vs zabuza: & Team 7 (more or less -_-) vs haku. The great thing about this is it was the first time when Naruto actually became possessed by kyubi and everyone freaked out. Kakashi "the seals breaking we're fucked!" The fight sequence and the storyline were perfectly entwined together. Now naruto flipping out like that is no big deal.

Lee vs Gaara: Another exelently put fight. 2 people we saw none of and don't see TOO much fighting even now. Was great. Same as above.

Besides those 3 fights there has been some good ones. But they take the cake. The character building during the whole sound 4 chasing sasuke curse seal level 2's was great and all. But the fights bored me to tears. I almost quit reading the manga period when 1000 kyuubi naruto's got wrecked by only kimi. Now rasengan + chidori are starting to get old. They are their unique techiques i understand. But its being beaten to death.

ChaosK
Sat, 04-30-2005, 12:07 PM
i forgot the bridge moment where zabuzza charges in, that was awsome and so touching i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

WingZero
Wed, 05-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Yup the 3rd hokage vs oorchimaru was one of my favorite ones, because it showed the 3rd can still kick some ass.

rock lee fights are pretty much the best because of the tai jutsu. it just looks sick the way he moves like when he fought gaara and kimamro or whatever.

naruto versus gaara was a good one too, because he showed sasuke how much stronger he is than him by taking out gaara.

Strider
Wed, 05-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Episode 30: Sasuke v. Orochimaru.

This is one of the VERY few times where I actually liked Sasuke. This battle (although short) was drawn by that other company I believe, and it was done wonderfully. I believe this may have been their first time on the job. The strikes were very fluid and well done, and it wasn't like previous battles of just ninjutsu being flown everywhere. Plus, with Sasuke developing the Sharingan on the spot .. Sweet.

Episode .. Episode .. Uh, I dunno: Orochimaru (and Summons) v. Sarutobi.

Drawn by the same people above. It was well done, and we were shown combinations of techniques that were never shown before. The mixture of elements and the swift commencement of the skills truly emphasized that the battle was indeed a "Hoakge-level" battle. It was wonderful to watch. Every episode.

Episode 48-50: Rock Lee v. Gaara.

Anyone who remembers when I'd post regularly many moons ago, knows I am the largest Rock Lee fan. This battle was nothing short of spectacular, and that would still be said even if I disliked the badass bastard. As someone stated earlier, if anyone else would have been pitted against Lee .. it would have been no contest. But, this is about the battle .. which was very exciting, surprising and simply amazing to watch. This used to be my first favorite, and is tied for second with ..

Episode 124: Rock Lee v. Kimimaro.

This episode was so great. Not only for the revival of Konoha's Green Beast, but because of his drunken beligerence which is out of his normal character and the fact of the introduction of Suiken into Lee's already astounding Taijutsu repertoire. After Lee falls on his face and expeditiously rises to begin combatting Kimimaro .. Wow. I got chills. The way it was drawn was simply unbelieveable, as they presented Lee in his evasive, whirling and spinning drunken glory perfectly as shown in the Manga. I only wish it would have been longer. Tied for number two with the above.

Episode 133: Naruto v. Sasuke.

Wow. WOW. Same people who drew most of the above favorites and DAMN did these people not disappoint. Their style is so simplistically badass. They animate their scenes so wonderfully and fluid. Each strike is melifluous, like water ripples in a pond. Well, not that gay .. but, in the most uber way possible. The episode was also one of the best because .. well, damn .. since Rock Lee v. Gaara .. when was there fighting for the MAJORITY of the episode? It seemed like it was an hour special as the battle simply continued to build up in intensity, with constant changes in the flow and pace of battle. Kyuubi Naruto .. Fully Developed Sharingan Sasuke .. Amazing. "S-Sugoi .."

// Strider. Out.