PDA

View Full Version : Who is really the STRONGEST

Sigure
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Okay everyone here is saying "OMFG TEH ITACHI IS TEH STRONGEST CUZ HE GOT SHARINGAN"

But as I noticed before Itachi is sooo cautious about his opponents. Kisame admit he can't equally fight with Jiraiya since Jiraiya is far stronger but Itachi is equal to him.

Then Itachi admits if they both fought Jiraiya they will be killed or die along if they do kill him.

(I just want to say Kisame is most likely the weakest one in the Aktasuki)

Orochimaru said Itachi is stronger than him.

Tsunade is the weakest it seems since she couldn't finish Orochimaru but since I favor her I excuse her because she hasn't fought many years.

I'm not sure about this but I think in one point in the manga Jiraiya admit he would've loss to Tsunade

So I'm going to put a list from the strongest to the weakest

1. Jiraiya
2. Itachi
3. Orochimaru
4. Kisame/Tsunade

I would put the two new Aktasuki members but little is known about them.

So I'm assuming Jiraiya is the strongest person we know so far

basey44
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:29 PM
ur list should read something like
itachi (oro said itachi it stronger than him, itachi should just be able to beat jiraiya, at the time when he said hed die he had already mangekyoued in that day, which is a huge drain on chakra)
jiraiya/oro (im not sure about whos stronger out of these 2 and we havent really seen jiraiya fight)
tsunade
kisame (hes more around kakashis level, not tsunades)

Knives122
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
dont forget though, Kakashi can beat Kisame if he really wanted to

Mut
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I love how people always forget that Itachi wasted two mangekyou sharingan's before the encounter with Jiraiya. If Itachi didn't waste them and had encountered Jiraiya, Itachi would've murdered him.

End of discussion.

Y
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:53 PM
There is no logical way to counter Itachi's genjutsu that destroys your mind besides the anime martial artist tactic of closing your eyes and 'feeling' the enemy's position and moves with chakra. Since there's no indication that anyone in Naruto can do this reliably, Itachi would thrash ANYONE in a straight up fight just by looking at them and exploding their brain.

Crows_Kill
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:56 PM
I think its been said before, but it does bear repeating- Naruto does not follow a strict "power level" arrangement when it comes to the power of the characters.
If they did start that, I think it woul really detract from the series. Alot of the coments from characters about how strong they/their oppenents are reflect their own perceptions of how strong they think they are, not strict "im lvl 3500 he's lvl 4000, theres no way i can win" type comparisons. Thats one way I enjoy naruto- the characters are more human and falable than most comic or manga characters. They tend to underestimate their own abilities and over estimate their oppenents- none of this "I'm greater and I'll hold back to make the fight interesting" bs (except for a few scenes with kakashi and oro, but they could both arguably be called the 2 most arrogant characters of the series, god love them both).

The only true test of the characters would be if kishimoto would actauly write a fight between them. Story wise, I think it would depend alot on how rested the characters are, the circumstances of the fight and who got the drop on who, alot like a real fight. Not just whos jutsu is greater.

Of course everyone has their favorites and are going to post :"insert-favorite-ninja 0wns j00 n00bs" as well, but only time and kishimot will tell.

kAi
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan is his Ultimate move, but it is also his ultimate weakness.

Y
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:18 PM
No, not really at all.

kAi
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:23 PM
It is, it's a huge chakra drain.

WHY did he run from Jiraiya then?

Crows_Kill
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I think one reason no one else may have mentioned was what jirai would do if confronted with the chance of kyubi falling in to the hands of atsuke.
I think he would have killed naruto rather than let them get away with all that power. Then again I have a much more ruthless view of all the characters in the series too.
But, I think itachi thought that as well, as it could have meant even if he could beat jiirai in a one on one fight he might not have succeded in his mission if he continued to fight as jirai could have easily foiled their plans- so he reteated to wait of for a better chance of grabbing naruto and the kyubi. I don't hink it was as siimple as Itachi was tired, as we've seen every character summon "hidden reserves" of power at one time or another. If that was the only reason, I don't think Itachi would have wasted his sharingans on his little brother in plain sight of jirai, if he thought jirai was that much of a threat.

Even if jirai wouldnt have actualy killed naruto, itachi may have thought he would- he is a cold calculating ruthless son of a bitch so he may expect others to react the same way he would in a given situation, its only natural.

Sigure
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:15 AM
What about Amaterasu (God of the Sun)? Itachi made it look like its WAY powerful than Tsukuyomi (God of the Moon)?

So I'm assuming Amaterasu consumes much more chakra than Tsukuyomi

Marked
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:17 AM
I think Crows_Kill wins this discussion i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Sigure
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan is his Ultimate move, but it is also his ultimate weakness.

If thats his ultimate move than Gai would've beaten him since he doesn't look at the opponent's eyes when the opponent is a sharingan user. Remember Gai looks at the person feet when he fights a sharingan user

I make it sound like Gai fought more than 1 sharingan user. But yeah if Itachi rely on that move than Gai would've kicked his ass.

Sigure
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by: Marked
I think Crows_Kill wins this discussion

yeah you're right

kAi
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:38 AM
What about Amaterasu (God of the Sun)? Itachi made it look like its WAY powerful than Tsukuyomi (God of the Moon)?
I'm talking about the general Mangekyou which is the next level in Sharingan, a prerequisite for the Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu, not the actual techniques themselves.

If thats his ultimate move than Gai would've beaten him since he doesn't look at the opponent's eyes when the opponent is a sharingan user. Remember Gai looks at the person feet when he fights a sharingan user
It's not as simple as that, he may be able to fight Itachi without looking at his eye's, but Itachi still has the upper hand as he can look at Gai, and fight him, when Gai has to look at his feet. Being able to disable/beat the ultimate move doesn't guarantee you beat your opponent. Itachi would have an arsenal of techniques at his disposal from all over the world.

Roko
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:48 AM
precisely, its not like the Mangekyou Sharingan is Itachi's only weapon, although it is his strongest, he doesn't need to use it all the time, since that would just be a waste of chakra

Crows_Kill
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Good point kai- itachi dose have a sharingan after all- he can copy moves as well or better than kakashi, and we also allready know he's a taijutsu bad ass too. Theres literley no telling what other moves he has up his sleeves. If atsuki is as even as remotely strong as hinted at, keep in mind itachi has been around them for years- he's bound to have copied some damn powerful moves from them, even if most of them use bloodline limits, they would know other very powerful jutus as well.

What I wonder at is what has stopped atsuki from taking over as is? There must be some damn powerful nijas we havent seen yet that can counter them, otherwise they wouldnt be hunting for the demons to further increase their power. I don't think it would just be pure numbers or even the kage's only that woudl be stopping them- way too many assassination jutsus to be afraid of 5-6 kages. Lets not forget the 4th took on a whole army almost single handedly and won- and they hint that there were ninjas before him that were even more powerful. Imagine 9 of him at once, and you have 9 dead armies, at least.

Roko
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:55 AM
akatsuki is pretty cautious in their movements, not to mention discreet. also, look at gaara's fight; gaara almost defeated that akatsuki member, he would have if he didn't need to protect the village. hmm..maybe that's why they want to capture all the demons, since they pose the most threat to akatsuki.

Stoopider
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
I love how people always forget that Itachi wasted two mangekyou sharingan's before the encounter with Jiraiya. If Itachi didn't waste them and had encountered Jiraiya, Itachi would've murdered him.

End of discussion.

There is still a flaw in that arguement though.

What don't Itachi hide for a night and then counter attacked Jiraiya the next day? Unless they think that they totally lost the element of surprise? And wait for 3 years before coming again?

Y
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Itachi didn't put his stated mission on a very high priority. He used Tsukiyomi on Sasuke instead of using it to defeat Jiraiya, and essentially wasted one on Kakashi earlier. Why? Who knows. None of the Akatsuki's moves make any sense if their stated goals are their real ones.

Crows_Kill
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:34 AM
Stoop, thats one reason I don't buy in to the whole itachi was just tired argument. Either Itachi really thought he could not beat jirai, at what ever cost, or he had other motives for delaying a second attempt.

Maybe the fact that at that time, naruto did not use the kyubi in the fight meant they saw the threat of the kyubi as being less than they thought as previously suggested by roko.
Or maybe if my theory plays out, they knew jirai was on alert and their chances of succesfuly kidnapping him went down the tubes, but then again jirai allrady knew atsuki was looking for naruto, so thats not the best explanation. Maybe itachis just wanted to ditch that diaper kisami before returning and he never got the chance?

One thing they didnt mention after that until recently was atsuks attempts to capture teh other demons. I can't believe they has 2 1/2 years of failed atempts at grabbing them. Infighting in atsuki maybe? Or mabe the timing of the attempt had something to do with oro's need to change bodies- hence the timing of the recent kidnapping of gara.

Any way, thats getting a little off topic- the question comes back to who is the strongest. I still think we haven't seen anything close to the best from itachi, kakashi, or gai, or even any of the sanin, except maybe for oro, but he's a tricky bastard so you never know.

the next stroy arc of the story should answer alot of these questions, lets just hope it doesnt develope into a my lvl 3 trumps your lvl 2 fight, or whose inner demon has the more tails.

Crows_Kill
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Y's got a point too- their reasoning makes no sense as is, unless they are not serious about their own goals or they are totaly incompotent, which either way makes them a joke, which they do not appear to be. Maybe they're not as organized as we've beem led to believe and they act more individualy in 2 man groups with little or no communication between them, like splinter cells of terrorists groups, so as not to compromise security.

If the story continues with the atsuki plot at the current pace, we're bound to see much more of them very soon. Maybe they intentionaly mistate their goals in order to confuse their eneimies. Or kishimoto is suffering from lucas-itis and is making it up as he goes along, which i truly hope is not the case.

SK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
1. itachi
2. oro/ jiraiya
3. tsunade ( the three may be equal now, we dont know, but ill list her below for now)
4. kakashi
5. kisame

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:04 AM
1-Jiraya-Itachi
2.Tsunade-Oro
3.Kakashi
4.Kisame

This is just a geuss of what we have seen so far.

And to the people think that Itachi kan beat Jiraya easy then why didnt he comeback as soon as he had recovered. Cause he knew that Jiraya expects them and he know he cant win for sure.

NewTaxes
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I really don't think Kisame should be rated so low. He is a mist ninja with a sword that basicly seals off chakra. Maybe it's because he looks like an aquatic animal that people don't like him.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:25 AM
I like Kisame he looks very speciel with his fish face but he isnt as good as Jiraya and co. I only rate Kakashi higher cause we havent seen much of Kisame's skills.

Kineda
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
No-one can really make an argument because it would be based entirely on speculation and conjecture. However its fun to try and work out the possibilities.

Currently Itachi is at the top - but only ever so slightly above the Sannin.

Akutsuki groups of 2's seems to have a Master/Apprentice type relationships in terms of power. (Itachi > Kisame / Sasori > Deidaro) The Masters are at or slightly below Sannin level from what we have seen (except Itachi)

The Apprentice's seem to be at Kakashi and Mito Gai's level - Deidaro would have been bitch slapped by kakashi or Gai.

PSJ
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Itachi is the strongest for now. the reason he ran from jiraiya was becuase he got careless and used tsukiyomi on sasuke. If jiraiya was stronger than itachi, why didnt he just wait in konoha for itachi and kisame to fight them alongside kakashi? kakashi could take out kisame and jiraiya would have itachi all for himself, as some of you say if kisame and itachi fought jiraiya at best all 3 would die so if jiraiya fought itachi on his own that would be an easy victory right?

to reply to kineda, you have no idea to how strong deidara is, how can you say that gai or kakashi would trash him?

kAi
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:32 AM
If jiraiya was stronger than itachi, why didnt he just wait in konoha for itachi and kisame to fight them alongside kakashi?
Considering Jiraiya was on a mission with Naruto to go get Tsunade, he can't exactly wait around for Akatsuki to come before he went out to find Tsunade, she was needed straight away to take the Hokage role.

Jiraiya took Naruto with him, because he knew the Akatsuki would strike but not exactly when, and he would be safer with Jiraiya than any other person, not many people actually liked Naruto, and Jiraiya being the strongest took him.

drcitan
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:48 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
If jiraiya was stronger than itachi, why didnt he just wait in konoha for itachi and kisame to fight them alongside kakashi?

Jiraiya hardly stays in one place of a long period of time. Hes a busy person who was constantly gathering info on the Akastuki and keeping tabs on their movements around the time Kakashi fought the Akastuki. If Jiraiya knew that Itachi and Kisame were in Konoha at the time I would think he would've gave Kakashi a hand considering he already knew that Kakashi's level would'nt be enough to fend off the Akastuki from taking Naruto.

Kineda
Tue, 03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Remember - i said this was all conjecture.

From what we have seen of Deidara, Deidara seemed weak to close range combat (his defenses are weak) and relied on long range attacks (homing missiles). But then again we haven't seen deidara's true potential.

Kakashi/Gai are excellent at close range combat from what we have seen. But then again Kakashi and Gai are stronger since we last saw them and we don't really know what Gai is capable of.

PSJ
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:13 PM

Considering Jiraiya was on a mission with Naruto to go get Tsunade, he can't exactly wait around for Akatsuki to come before he went out to find Tsunade, she was needed straight away to take the Hokage role.

Jiraiya took Naruto with him, because he knew the Akatsuki would strike but not exactly when, and he would be safer with Jiraiya than any other person, not many people actually liked Naruto, and Jiraiya being the strongest took him.

he could have taken the role of hokage for the small amount of time til the akatsuki attacked and then go to find tsunade. not really that hard to do. the only thing that makes this unreasonable is that this is a series and that would kill the story abit.

sangai
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by: Sigure

(I just want to say Kisame is most likely the weakest one in the Aktasuki)

>.< full of shit, i think there all equally strong , the fact is he is with itachi for a reason, he doesn't think, remember good ol shark boy prolly gots a brain as big as a peanut, but with small brains means alot of power, thats why itachi is with him to do the thinking.

as for the others, i dun really care who is the strongest ,

SK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: NewTaxes
I really don't think Kisame should be rated so low. He is a mist ninja with a sword that basicly seals off chakra. Maybe it's because he looks like an aquatic animal that people don't like him.

i rated kisame below kakashi because kisame was taken aback when he heard that kakshi has beaten zabuza. kisame was one of the swordsmen of the mist, so we can infer that he is around, maybe a little above the strength of zabuza, who kakashi beat. i dont think he would have been shocked if he knew zabuza was way weaker than him.

PSJ
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
we also saw kakashi fighting on par with kisame and asuma could hold his own against him to, so he is most probably the weakest akatsuki.

Roko
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
but keep in mind: there are still several members of akatsuki that we havn't seen yet. Saying kisame is the weakest is jumping to conclusions.

weakest anbu
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:54 PM
the anbu chick.

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
You guys need to get off Itachi's dick for a second. My god, we barely know anything about him and you guys all claim he is the strongest. RIght now in Naruto we have NO IDEA who is the strongest. We have yet to see the Sannins at full strength and we have yet to see Kages from other villages. We have not seen all of Akatsuki, so this agruement is pointless.

weakest anbu
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
You guys need to get off Itachi's dick for a second. My god, we barely know anything about him and you guys all claim he is the strongest. RIght now in Naruto we have NO IDEA who is the strongest. We have yet to see the Sannins at full strength and we have yet to see Kages from other villages. We have not seen all of Akatsuki, so this agruement is pointless.

YEA way to tell those midget itachi fan boys... oh wait who the fuck is that in your sig?

ChaosK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
lol weakest got u dez. u jus told everybody to get off itachi's dick and yet, ur still clinging on to it. We have seen him fight and we can tell hes strong, thats why we say hes up there with the best, whether he is definetaly the best i dont kno.

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah Itachi is a badass and I like him, hence he is in my sig, BUT I do not claim him to be the strongest and such. Just cause he is in my sig does not mean he is my favorite btw.

kAi
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

he could have taken the role of hokage for the small amount of time til the akatsuki attacked and then go to find tsunade. not really that hard to do. the only thing that makes this unreasonable is that this is a series and that would kill the story abit.

He didn't know when they would attack, that is why he left, so he could get Tsunade as quick as possible and bring her back.

The Akatsuki want Naruto from Konoha, no-one else, he knew they would probably come but didn't know when, so he might've thought that they wouldn't bother with attacking Konoha.

The key word in my sentence is when.

Kur
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:48 AM
It may just be me, but i figure the strongest character in the story has to be the Nine-tails fox. sure the fourth may have "beat" the fox, but really, the fox still won the fight. The fourth was killed and the fox was just sealed away.

As far as non-demon characters go i would say the fourth was the strongest up till his death. after that would have been the first, the second, and the third all pretty much equal. The third says the first and second were stronger than him, but i think that is only because he was very young when he last saw them fight, and has a pre-condition tendancy to place them higher than himself, much like how a little brother just can't win a fight against his older brother no matter how much stronger the little brother is.

Now, as for the non-dead characters, that is the tricky part. Almost everybody here is claiming Itachi is the end-all of ninjas, but we really haven't seen him fight, we have seen him use a very strong jutsu and poke another guy with a kunai, but thats it. Also, a lot of people are ranking Tsunadai pretty low too but Tsunadai has to be placed very high on the list simply because she does have that one punch kill ability, and also the medical jutsu that can heal her body as she fights, or do direct damage from a distance, the reason that kabuto is as strong as he is. So even if she isn't the best fighter, all she has to do is land one hit.

The fact remains that we haven't seen the "powerful" characters really go at it yet, so it is all speculation up to this point based on other characters attitudes towards each other.

Now if you want to rank the younger characters in strength, that is a different matter, we have seen them all fight to their fullest at a point 2.5 years ago. at that time i would rank the top ten as such: 1. Naruto (with nine-tails chakra) 2. Sasuke (with seal) 3. Gaara 4. Tie between Rock Lee and Neji 6. Sasuke (without seal) 7. Naruto (without nine-tails chakra) 8. Tie between Shikamaru and that kid with the bugs (forgot his name) 9. Chouji 10. Kiba

now this is how i rank them in pure battle effectivness, as if each of these characters fought the same average, well rounded, not special in any way kind of way, ninja one-on-one that ranked them afterwards. this doesn't mean that i think a higher rank will neccisarily beat a lower rank in a fight. For instance we know that Naruto (with nine-tails) loses to Sasuke (with seal) in a fight, but i also think that on another day, that might be reversed. we also know that Lee continually looses to Neji, but i thik that is because Lee was forbidden to use his best techniques. I also think Shikamaru would beat Neji by quickly figuring out his weakness and finding a way to exploit it and Shikamaru would also beat Naruto (without nine-tails) because shikamaru is just too much smarter, but he could not beat Naruto (with nine-tails) because Naruto would just be simply too strong.

Now if you want to know who would just wipe the floor with all the others in a 1-on-1 no holds barred death match, i would rank the top three as such: 1. Naruto (extremely pissed off with nine-tails chakra) 2. Rock Lee (drunk off his ass with all gates open) 3. Sasuke (with seal at stage 2)

of course that is just conjecture because we have never seen Lee in that condition and i don't think we have seen Naruto use the nine-tails to it's fullest yet either.

this post has gone on long enough.

enjoy

weakest anbu
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by: Kur
It may just be me, but i figure the strongest character in the story has to be the Nine-tails fox. sure the fourth may have "beat" the fox, but really, the fox still won the fight. The fourth was killed and the fox was just sealed away.

As far as non-demon characters go i would say the fourth was the strongest up till his death. after that would have been the first, the second, and the third all pretty much equal. The third says the first and second were stronger than him, but i think that is only because he was very young when he last saw them fight, and has a pre-condition tendancy to place them higher than himself, much like how a little brother just can't win a fight against his older brother no matter how much stronger the little brother is.

Now, as for the non-dead characters, that is the tricky part. Almost everybody here is claiming Itachi is the end-all of ninjas, but we really haven't seen him fight, we have seen him use a very strong jutsu and poke another guy with a kunai, but thats it. Also, a lot of people are ranking Tsunadai pretty low too but Tsunadai has to be placed very high on the list simply because she does have that one punch kill ability, and also the medical jutsu that can heal her body as she fights, or do direct damage from a distance, the reason that kabuto is as strong as he is. So even if she isn't the best fighter, all she has to do is land one hit.

The fact remains that we haven't seen the "powerful" characters really go at it yet, so it is all speculation up to this point based on other characters attitudes towards each other.

Now if you want to rank the younger characters in strength, that is a different matter, we have seen them all fight to their fullest at a point 2.5 years ago. at that time i would rank the top ten as such: 1. Naruto (with nine-tails chakra) 2. Sasuke (with seal) 3. Gaara 4. Tie between Rock Lee and Neji 6. Sasuke (without seal) 7. Naruto (without nine-tails chakra) 8. Tie between Shikamaru and that kid with the bugs (forgot his name) 9. Chouji 10. Kiba

now this is how i rank them in pure battle effectivness, as if each of these characters fought the same average, well rounded, not special in any way kind of way, ninja one-on-one that ranked them afterwards. this doesn't mean that i think a higher rank will neccisarily beat a lower rank in a fight. For instance we know that Naruto (with nine-tails) loses to Sasuke (with seal) in a fight, but i also think that on another day, that might be reversed. we also know that Lee continually looses to Neji, but i thik that is because Lee was forbidden to use his best techniques. I also think Shikamaru would beat Neji by quickly figuring out his weakness and finding a way to exploit it and Shikamaru would also beat Naruto (without nine-tails) because shikamaru is just too much smarter, but he could not beat Naruto (with nine-tails) because Naruto would just be simply too strong.

Now if you want to know who would just wipe the floor with all the others in a 1-on-1 no holds barred death match, i would rank the top three as such: 1. Naruto (extremely pissed off with nine-tails chakra) 2. Rock Lee (drunk off his ass with all gates open) 3. Sasuke (with seal at stage 2)

of course that is just conjecture because we have never seen Lee in that condition and i don't think we have seen Naruto use the nine-tails to it's fullest yet either.

this post has gone on long enough.

enjoy

since you wrote such a long ass post i felt sry for you since no one replied... so here have my precious <3

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
well, there's no doubt that Kyubi is the strongest, but since he isn't (at least for now, who knows what will happen in the future) an acting charecter, so it's like saying "god is the strongest"...

as for living charecters, it's a though spot between Jiraya and Itachi, I guessing Itachi becuase of plotical reasons..
Tsunade is strong indeed, but she lacks the X factor which makes the rest of the charecters dangerous, it's like how nobody cared for chouji, kiba and the female ninjas, they don't seem to be life threatenning...

so my list is as follows:

0. The Kyubi
1. Itachi
2. Jiraya / Orochimaru
3. Tsunade
4. Kabuto / Kakashi / Gai
5. Akatsuki members / Gaara
6. Kimimaru / Zabuza / Haku

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:01 PM
the current Naruto is most likely as strong as Gaara if he didnt waste the 2 years.

Kur
Wed, 03-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
well, there's no doubt that Kyubi is the strongest, but since he isn't (at least for now, who knows what will happen in the future) an acting charecter, so it's like saying "god is the strongest"...

true, but that is why i broke the post into several different lists. every character is the strongest at something, i suppose we would never know who is truely the strongest until they all just had it out and see who is left standing.

Hotsuma
Thu, 03-24-2005, 12:28 AM
How about we actually see what Itachi and Jiraiya can really do before we start saying who is stronger than who? Because, any other way would just be pretty pointless.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 03-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I guessing Itachi becuase of plotical reasons..

Plotical? Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but that seemed funny to me. Was that just a typo or did you make up a word? (Feel free to tell me if I'm being too much of a jackass.)

Back on topic:
Crows_Kill has been making some good points. It's good to see some rationality as opposed to blatant worship of one's favourite character.
In my opinion, it's great that we don't know for sure who would win; it makes the show better. Ninjas probably don't go out fighting every other strong ninja simply to see who would survive. I don't claim to be an expert in military history, but wouldn't it be a bit ridiculous for Kishimoto to make every strong character fight every other strong character for this reason?

telemari
Thu, 03-24-2005, 12:06 PM
the strongest are Jiraya and Oro - they are not legendary for nothing. Have you seen three sannin battle? What about that Jiraya/Gamabunta Fire attack? This can wipe out WHOLE CITIES, and I guess Oro have something similar. Tsunade is like them in experience, but she is not specilaised in fighting, but she is ultimate healer, just like J/O are legendary fighters. Yes Itachi is strong, but he is just young boy with insanely strong bloodline, but you really can't compare that with experience. Althrought he have perfect Ninjutsu (fire that can but trough anything) and Genjutsu (he puted Sasuke ind Kakashi in coma and without legendary healer, they would be dead).

Itachi destroyes singlehandedly the strongest clan in Konoha, but it's like because of highlevel Sharingan, lower level may be useless against higher and Uchiha are weak without it.

BTW: have you realized how strong is genjutsu? Itachi can kill (or put in coma, but that is almost the same) person who is physically indestructable (like Kimimaro), mo matter how strong is body, mind may be also destroyed... I want moooore genjutsu users i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

and of course, that anbu chick is strongest i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif she can do sexy no jutsu even without chakra i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif) 16 years old Sakura/Ino/Hinata may also be considerable, but experience counts i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

telemari
Thu, 03-24-2005, 12:14 PM
ofcourse that demons (naruto, gaara) and mutations (kimamaro) are little bit out of scale i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif theay are so strong, but they paid very big price. and there are speculations that Kabuto may have one of demons, so no wonder he was able to defend against Tsunade. and still, she is healer, not fighter.

samsonlonghair: PLOTical reasons are reasons of PLOT i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

(sorry for doublepost, but edit is not working)

back to topis: itachi is WEAK. man with colored nails can't be strong!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PSJ
Thu, 03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
the uchiha clan is not weak without sharingan. they have very good bodies and are all strong fighters with or without sharingan. both orochimaru and jiraiya are past their prime jiraiya is in his 50's and well orochimaru just got a random body right now, we dont really know how much he can do in this new body. itachi hasnt reached his prime yet and is still as strong as jiraiya and orochimaru. so if he isnt the strongest he will be in a time span of 5-10 years.

and btw what aout kimimaro is a mutation? its called a bloodline in naruto. and kabuto hasnt shown any signs of having a demon, i dont think he would have lost to naruto if he had a demon.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Uchicha wouldnt be the same without the sharingan ,they wouldnt be a legendary clan if they didnt have the sharingan. Every famous clan have something speciel, Uchicha,Hyouga,Kimi's clan.

Enderz
Sun, 04-17-2005, 03:27 PM
I wonder what wouled hapend if Kakachis sharingan was just as good as itachis.
But its not so Itachi is better.

How many gates can Gai open ???
i just think about when he opens the death gate he would be like an ultimate fighter but after the fight he would die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-17-2005, 05:23 PM
The Uchiha's are great even without the sharingan, the eyeball is only an addition to their terriably ninja-fitting bodies...
it was said quite early in the story that only a select few in the clan gain the sharingan (of course, it doesn't seem to make a diffrence since almost every uchiha in Sasuke's flashbacks has the damn thing)...

There's no indication on how many gates Gai can call open, it's probably above 2 (since he thought lee them), but other than that, your guess is as good as mine.
and if you're asking, I think that Gai can open less gates than Lee, and that's why Kakashi was so suprised when he heard Lee can open up to the 5th gate... well, that was what i thought 2 years ago, before the story turned crap... so gai can and will probably go 8th gate on someone's ass in order to save Lee from death.

kAi
Sun, 04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
I think the Uchiha are useless without the Sharingan.
Well not useless, just ordinary, they wouldn't be one of the best clans, the ONLY reason they're one of the best clans is BECAUSE of the Sharingan!

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 04-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Ive laughed at the following:

Kisame ranked below/with Gai/Kakashi
The Akatsuki wouldnt invite weaklings into their ranks. Of the 5 members (ex included) we have seen in combat, two defeated Kage's, one is extremly feared (and speculated to be the strongest in the manga), one is a legendary ninja of the sand, and Kisame who we havnt even seen in serious combat.
We have seen Gai do exactly one thing... Konoha Senpuu people who were not expecting it.
Kakashi's seriously feared the 2 Akatsuki he knows (Oro and Itachi). We should expect Kisame to have intimate knowledge of a Sharingan user. If Gai 'knows' the sharingan from Kakashi, then Kisame 'KNOWS' the sharinganx2 from Itachi.

Deidaro would have been bitch slapped by kakashi or Gai.
Diedara took out the Kazekage/Gaara. Her unique ability has obvious potential for power. First she almost nuked a major city. Second, she beat one of the strongest 'distance' fighters at their own game. You're telling me she would get whooped by Kakashi or Gai?!

Weakest' dick comment to Dezalanel
I definitely see where you are coming from Dez... the irony is too great.

Kabuto may have one of demons
... yyyyup.

Gai probably knows the first few gates (how else would he teach them to Rock Lee) but once you know how to do something (like open gates) you could probably open them on your own from there on out. He could open fewer then Rock Lee - as much as I would like that - it probably isnt the case.

Just a disclaimer:
I still believe Kishimoto can write whoever to beat whoever.... so.... as 'pointless' as people like to point out... its still fun.
& Naruto doesnt follow a power lvl structure... so... there ya go

Enderz
Mon, 04-18-2005, 04:28 AM
if the uchiha clan dont got there sharingan they wont sound so strong and i think that every clan should have there blood limit.

btw: byankugan (something like that) is stronger then the sharingan

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Jiraya > Itachi

Itachi himself said that he couldn't beat Jiraya, even if all the Atasaki were with him it wouldn't make any difference. The best they could do was draw a double kill.

ChaosK
Mon, 04-18-2005, 07:18 PM
oh yeah, now that i think of it he did say that. But Jiraya was unable to beat oro when oro didnt have arms and we saw in little flashbacks that Jiraya lost to Oro in past. oro however said himself that he was weaker than itachi which is why he left. so, we put ourself in a circle here, or a triangle but i say circle because it keeps going on.

Oro>Jiraya>Itachi>Oro>Jiraya>Itachi>Oro>Jiraya>Ita chi>Oro>Jiraya>Itachi... u get the point.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-18-2005, 09:17 PM
But Jiraya and Oro are both really afraid of Tsunade. (True, Oro didn't have arms at the time, but still.) So therefore, Tsunade must own all.
</sarcasm, well, maybe not that sarcastic>

But seriously, this thread is kinda stupid, most of "who'd win this fight?' is situational. Diedara would have been obliterated by Gaara if they were in the open desert or he still didn't care about anyone else.

Roko
Mon, 04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
there are too many side factors to correctly judge who is strongest. One can be the strongest in one environment and situation and time period and yet the weakest in another. But still, its fun to argue 'bout who's the strongest. Myself, I can't decide.

Enderz
Tue, 04-19-2005, 11:41 AM
But the strongest people are the people in itachis group, i have forgot there name but those who are in the group is just as strong as oro (he was one of them but quited). so it should be lika a boss in the group thats really strong

galarnon
Fri, 05-13-2005, 01:15 AM
First I want to apologize for bringing up this thread again, but I read it just now.(I'm new)
I also want to apologize for writing so much but I had so much in mind and I wanne share it with u guys.
OMG I can't understand u guys at all. All of u suggested that itachi is the strongest (except one) and all of u treated kisame as a weakling. Thats why I had to sign in here and write my opnion. I do not agree with u guys at all.
I truly believe that Oro is the strongest. (first I give u my list then I'll explain)

1. Orochimaru
2. Jiraya
3. Itachi
4. Tsunade
5. Kisame
6. Kakashi/Gai/Kabuto

Well there's a simple explation why I ranked them the way I did. Itachi (as someone I think already said) is just 17.
damn guys just fucking 17. its nothing he's just a boy and with all the honor (and I have one for him he's still ranked so high for his age) he can't be compared in fighting lvl to Oro/Jir. U guys underestimate Oro too much. I know backthere Oro said something of him being less stronger than Itachi but I believe he meant itachi would be stronger than him when he'll get to his age, and not now when he's just 17 and Oro is an exprieneced crazy dude.

Now to explain why Kisame is treated to be so strong. Ok guys read this and think about it, Kisame is inside the terrifying clan "Aktsuki"(Red Moon), if u ranked him below kakashi that's means kabuto is stronger than him and kabuto could be in the Aktsuki, which makes no sense. I believe kishimoto is yet to relieve the true power of Kisame. Also do not forget how aktsuki members mantioned Kisame's chakra to be so high.(and I know it was said after u guys wrote it but still) That must means he has some crazy ass abilities.

As for kakashi I never thought of him as an Hokage type or an Hokage lvl type. He's just too weak for it by now, but as I said he's just 27 and could get much stronger in the future do not forget.

I also want to flatter to the guy who devided the "who's the strongest" list to the younges and over 16 aged. I think it was very smart and right doing so. Naruto's and Sasuke's power cannot be lvled or compared to those of the old guys. it's just no fair, the reason is the fact they will get much stronger in future, and this is my list:

1. Garra - which I believed (before aktsuki took his demon) will get to be the strongest char in the future.
2. Naruto
3. Neji
4. Sasuke (can't really tell cause hadn't heard of him for almost 3 years)
5. Lee (yes I treat him weaker than Neji, although he's an extremly dangoures taijutsu type, ninjutsu/genjutsu is what counts)

amm I remembred someone asked for kimi's clan. Well it's called the "kaguya" clan.

Weilun
Sun, 05-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Hmmm but i still think Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi. Because if Itachi would actually used the God Of Sun to escape, why wouldnt he just use it on JIraiya and get rid of him once and for all ?

folf
Wed, 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
If Naruto broke one of Itachi's illusions, as he might in a short while, I'm not saying this would be a victory for Naruto, but then again, it could be seen this way. Itachi might not believe Naruto capable of freeing himself on his own, much like Jirara did not believe Itachi capable of escaping from that summon.
Each of these developments could be important, I'm not sure how impressed Naruto actually was when Itachi escaped, -Both Itachi and Jirara probably recognized one another as badasses, but Jirara still got a good heads up) and so 259 was good because even if Naruto does pull something, -which he might- he should still appreciate Itachi more afterwards -unless you believe Naruto's ego will raise just because Itachi eventually leaves- ; )

I wonder if Itachi has come to hate the eye he has come to rely upon for the tough battles...
I'd personally prefer watching Sasuke and Itachi use Shurikans over Sharingans.

Y
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: Weilun
Hmmm but i still think Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi. Because if Itachi would actually used the God Of Sun to escape, why wouldnt he just use it on JIraiya and get rid of him once and for all ?

There is a distinct oddity about Itachi's actions in that arc. He uses a Tsukiyomi on Kakashi for no real reason, except to possibly secure his escape route to go get Naruto. He wastes another Tsukiyomi on Sasuke for no reason other than to shit on his brain. Because of this he is then forced to use Amaterasu to escape. Now why didn't he kill Jiraiya with his attack instead of just crushing Sasuke's dreams? Possibilities:

1) He didn't know if it would kill Jiraiya. He did say a confrontation might result in all their deaths, so he was probably uncertain as to whether or not the Tsukiyomi would succeed
2) He never intended to capture Naruto at that time and used his powers to provoke Sasuke instead.
3) Itachi is a moron.
4) The Tsukiyomi doesn't actually kill anyone and neither does the Amaterasu.

Order of likelihood, in my opinion.

ChaosK
Wed, 05-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by: folf
If Naruto broke one of Itachi's illusions, as he might in a short while, I'm not saying this would be a victory for Naruto, but then again, it could be seen this way. Itachi might not believe Naruto capable of freeing himself on his own, much like Jirara did not believe Itachi capable of escaping from that summon.
Each of these developments could be important, I'm not sure how impressed Naruto actually was when Itachi escaped, -Both Itachi and Jirara probably recognized one another as badasses, but Jirara still got a good heads up) and so 259 was good because even if Naruto does pull something, -which he might- he should still appreciate Itachi more afterwards -unless you believe Naruto's ego will raise just because Itachi eventually leaves- ; )

I wonder if Itachi has come to hate the eye he has come to rely upon for the tough battles...
I'd personally prefer watching Sasuke and Itachi use Shurikans over Sharingans.

sakura and the old lady broke naruto from itachi's genjutsu. Oro said himself he left atasuki because itachi got stronger than he is. IF you rank oro at top, then u have to put itachi ABOVE him because he right out admitted that itachi was stronger. Thats y i think itachiis top.

Tysukiyomi might've not killed any1 but it DID put kakashi and sasuke in a deep coma which proved that tsukiyomi is extremely dangerous. If your not dead, but in coma forever, i'd say ur still useless.

folf
Wed, 05-18-2005, 10:17 PM
For a parasite, Oro's A-OK.

Kovash
Wed, 05-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
Ysukiyomi might've not killed any1 but it DID put kakashi and sasuke in a deep coma which proved that tsukiyomi is extremely dangerous. If your not dead, but in coma forever, i'd say ur still useless.

This is something that has been bugging me for a while.

Tsukiyomi is a Dojutsu that creates an instantaneous Genjutsu where Itachi can control anything, assumeably totally obliterating the mind - but, the only people he's used it on have been people with the Sharingan (Sasuke and Kakashi in deep comas) BUT, when he uses it against Sasuke when he's just a little kid without the Sharingan, he shrugs it off like it never happened.

Now, I doubt Itachi 'went easy' on him, because he shows Sasuke the exact same thing (the day of slaughter) both times, but it seems to affect Sasuke differently (ie, worse) when he's got the Sharingan.

Which leads me to wonder, perhaps the Mangekyou Sharingan was developed specifically to combat the Uchiha's Sharingan, which (somwhat) explains why Itachi supposedly had to kill his best friend in order to obtain it.

Just a thought, and wild speculation, but it makes a little sense at least.

Shin_Naruto
Thu, 05-19-2005, 12:52 AM
cool observation Kovash...

would be an intresting twist

Crows_Kill
Thu, 05-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Strongest does not mean best.

If you look a pure strength, gai or lee even, with perhaps choji and/or his dad coming in third, would be the physically strongest.
Or gamabuta if you want to count in the summons, but for the sake of this argument, lets leave them out.

Kakashi would have to be the most highly skilled living ninja, the 4th the over all. Second would have to be oro. (by most skilled here, I mean most expirienced, and most honed in their abilities, not over all ability). We've actually seen kakashi own several opponents, and he has shown a skill for every form of jitsu. Oro loses by just a fraction as he seems more concerned with quantity over quality, and relies more on surprise and cunning to win his fights than any real measure of skill or finese.

Naruto has the most chakra, but does not utilize any where near enough (yet). Gara would be second on the list, with kisami coming in as 3rd or maybe higher, as the atsuki guys said he had the highest they've ever seen and thats as close to a true veritable statement of ability or strength that we've seen in the whole series.

Neji would have to be the most talented martial artist, with lee a close second- I would rank gai or kakashi very close, but they have alot more than pure talent to tip the scales.

Naruto would have to be the toughest, with lee the uber punching bag he is, close behind. Jirai's liver might beat them both though.

Most cunning, oro without a doubt, but his old teammate jurai would be right behind him. Shikamaru would be 3rd, maybe higher as he grows.

Single most overpowering/damaging jutsu would have to go to gara in full demom mode, as his air balsts were leveling whole forests and had gama on the run- i dont count him as a summon, as he's closer to naruto in the caged demon catagory. Second, probably naruto kyubi-rasengan, but its just a guess- he didnt really do anyhting with it.

Most powerful non-direct damage jitsu would have to be the tsukiyomi (yes i know its mispelled), uber mind fuck that it is. The sharingan's deus ex machina ability to do just about anything would have to be next.

Most complete package, oro- more jutsu than kakashi on a good day, no consience, and fully realized talent and ability. Not to mention he's pure evil and has more charisma than hitler with a case of beer. Kakashi would be second over all, and we've seen more out of him too, so he's a proven ninja. I don't think I'm contradicting myself here- kakashi is more skillful, but oro uses all of his abilities, including manipulation, jitsus, summons, seals, intelligence, and has more pure powwer behind his abilities than kakashi.

Biggest unkown, itachi- hands down man of mystery- everything we've see of him just makes you wonder what else he is hiding and just what he knows. I'd say jurai would be the 2nd biggest unkown, as he has shown very little of his real skill, and you dont get to be a drunken old letch in anime without also being a hidden bad ass, its a rule.

Biggest potential- naruto, duh. Nuff said. I'd say sasuke and lee would be tied for silver- sasuke for raw talent and good genes, lee for undiscovered (at least by himself) genius and pure determination. Now if only naruto would try using more than his mouth and 2 jitsus in combat, sasuke woudl get his head out of his ass, and lee could avoid being handed his ass at the end of every fight, they would be a force to be reckoned with.

My point, different characters have different strengths. In different sittuations where they can use their strengths effectively, they would stand a better chance of defeating their opponent. Its not as simple as saying neji's fast, or sasukes got a seal, or itachis can make jesus his bitch- the charactes in the story themselves seem to realize this, more so than alot of the readers. For once the author is not spelling it out in easy terms or giving us a deffined power level to the characters (though it might seem to be heading that way, ugh). I think that if itachi had a plan, he could easily take out jirai- just as given the right motivation, lee would kick narutos ass before he could kyubi out a single whisker. Its based more on the strategy and timing of the fight (and the needs of the story) than it is about whos chakra is bigger.

galarnon
Thu, 05-19-2005, 04:34 PM
could someone plz appoint me to the chapter where Oro says (as people claims here) that itachi is stronger than him. I really must see if thats what he said in the exact words.

Mut
Thu, 05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
hahahah look at this guy. He is in denial. He can't believe that Orochimaur said Itachi is stronger.

Vol. 16, ch. 140.

It says page 095 for me.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 05-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Up to speculation but:
Jiraya > Itachi, mostly because Itachi himself said so.
Itachi > Orochimaru, mostly because Oro said so.
Orochimaru > The Third at his end.
Orochimaru > Tsunade (come on she couldn't beat an armless opponent? or even his jounin subordinate?)

So Jiraya is the most powerful so far.

I think Tsunade >> Kisame. Kisame may be Atasuki, but he is not enough to be on par with a sannin.

Even this order leads to some confusion however. If Itachi was so damn strong why didn't he kill the Third? Or does he not care about political power?

Of course Itachi > Orochimaru might just be because well a Snake is more easily charmed/destroyed by Itachi's sharingan?

Y
Sat, 05-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Orochimaru blows compared to the Third Hokage. He had two other Hokages helping him the whole battle and he still didn't dominate.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 05-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
Orochimaru blows compared to the Third Hokage. He had two other Hokages helping him the whole battle and he still didn't dominate.

Very true. Barring that summoning technique, the third was stronger, even at his end.

See these unique jutsus make it hard to compare. The summoning technique could be arguably what makes Orochimaru strong (though not really).

And the sealing technique also makes the third better, but not necessarily, since you can only use that jutsu once.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-21-2005, 02:45 PM
but how many poeple do you think can acctually perform the jutsu the 3rd and 4th used?

Any1 notice that kakashi has only used 4 or 5 classification of moves.
1. would be chidori or raiki.
2. would be some konoha moves (wait have we seen any of these by him? for example shadow or fire?)
3. water techniques, we've seen the water dragon quite a few times
4. would be his dog summoning
5. if you count would be taijutsu...

technically should he be able to perform lightening and earth moves? i dont even think i've ever seen him use a konoha move.

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 05-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't understand it. Character's summons are part of their strength. So if Oro just happens to be able to summon the 1st and 2nd, then that just shows you how much more capable he is. Oro just wanted it to end faster, since their North, West, South, East shield would only last so long.

Oro is very strong, and I've pointed out on many occasions how Oro would be able to beat Itachi. Oro's Kage summon technique alone would be more than enough to kill Itachi (just picture Itachi instead of the 3rd hokage in the fight against Oro, with the shield up, no place for Itachi to run, like he did with Jaraiya). Can you imagine Itachi trying to beat the 1st, 2nd, and the 4th (assumption: this would have taken place before the oro and 3rd hokage fight). This is without including the other kages from the other nations. I mean all he has to do is prepare bodies for their souls. The kages would just flat out own Itachi, the more Itachi uses his Sharingan, the weaker Itachi gets. With enough bodies prepared, Oro could continue to summon to his hearts content. Not that he would need to since the summons heal themselves (remember the explosives tags on the kunai that the third threw).

All in all, when everything is said and done, even if nobody wants to admit it; Naruto is and will always be the strongest. It is his world after all and everyone else will always just be . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .. . . .. . . . . .. . .. . supporting cast members.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 05-26-2005, 04:48 PM
And furthermore, would Itachi's genjutsu even work on a resurrected person?

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:15 AM
but how many poeple do you think can acctually perform the jutsu the 3rd and 4th used?

Any1 notice that kakashi has only used 4 or 5 classification of moves.
1. would be chidori or raiki.
2. would be some konoha moves (wait have we seen any of these by him? for example shadow or fire?)
3. water techniques, we've seen the water dragon quite a few times
4. would be his dog summoning
5. if you count would be taijutsu...

technically should he be able to perform lightening and earth moves? i dont even think i've ever seen him use a konoha move.

Chaos, I just don't think we've gotten the chance to see Kakashi use those things yet, I mean he's called the "Copy Ninja" for fucks sake! He's said to have over 1000 techniques under his belt. Cheer up, I'm sure he has a lot, and we just haven't seen him use it. Most of the Suiton he's used was to counter other Suiton maneuvers, he hasn't fought any opponents in the series yet utilizing the other 5 elements. I'm sure has some knowledge of Ka, Rai, Do, Hyo, Fuu, and Sui under his belt.

Crows_Kill said:

Most complete package, oro- more jutsu than kakashi on a good day, no consience, and fully realized talent and ability. Not to mention he's pure evil and has more charisma than hitler with a case of beer. Kakashi would be second over all, and we've seen more out of him too, so he's a proven ninja. I don't think I'm contradicting myself here- kakashi is more skillful, but oro uses all of his abilities, including manipulation, jitsus, summons, seals, intelligence, and has more pure powwer behind his abilities than kakashi.

aint that the fucking truth! And he runs the "rice" country which could infact actually be Nam hahaha! Orochimaru's a communist!!! Get him!!! Also, I like how you give instances on everyone's strengths. I think there may be situtations where even the most ass kicking shinobi could lose due to other extenuating circumstances, I.e. Itachi fighting Gaara in a desert....come on....I don't care how much you love Itachi, it would be suicide... Or if Itachi woke up with a cataract or Glycoma one day? Then he's be all fucked up on weed all the time.

Y The Alien said:

Agreed, Sandaime proved to me that he was not someone to fuck around with, even at the end...

Y The Alien also said:

There is no logical way to counter Itachi's genjutsu that destroys your mind besides the anime martial artist tactic of closing your eyes and 'feeling' the enemy's position and moves with chakra. Since there's no indication that anyone in Naruto can do this reliably, Itachi would thrash ANYONE in a straight up fight just by looking at them and exploding their brain.

Hmm...yeah, I wonder if Byakugan could get by it since it can see in chakra sight , or if Gai looking at only Itachi's feet could do it? Or even Gaara using that Shukaku sand eye to see for him... could Shukaku be Tsukiyomied? Well until that is found out, Itachi can essentially kill anyone in eyesight.

-Sharingan- Kakashi- said

i rated kisame below kakashi because kisame was taken aback when he heard that kakshi has beaten zabuza. kisame was one of the swordsmen of the mist, so we can infer that he is around, maybe a little above the strength of zabuza, who kakashi beat. i dont think he would have been shocked if he knew zabuza was way weaker than him.

I'm tired of people beating on Kisame, if he's in Akatsuki then he's not someone to take lightly.
FACT1 Kisame is in Akatsuki
FACT2 Kisame is one of the few Mist Ninja of the Shinobigatana
FACT3 Kisame has neither won nor lost against anyone as of yet, at least in the anime, I'm not sure about the manga, haven't really read it yet.
Anywho any smart ninja doesn't lay out all his aces on the table at the begining of a hand, you wait for the kill. We don't know much about Kisame really, and that is what makes him dangerous. I mean those shinobigatana mist ninja have survived as rounins for how long!? They aren't weak.

As for my views, with the Itachi/Jiraiya thing, 1st tsukiyomi Itachi used on Kakashi cause Itachi is an arrogant fuck and wanted to put Kakashi in his place (didn't know he'd be encountering Jiraiya yet)
2nd Tsukiyomi on Sasuke....not exactly sure, kind of a chakra waste since he was treating Sasuke like a fast bag (maybe stupid arrogance is Itachi's weakness?)
3rd Amaterasu, to get the fuck outta the frog's stomach (why did Itachi run....well he was running low on Chakra, Jiraiya had him trapped, Jiraiya was fresh on Chakra and looking to kick Itachi's ass, and has and advantage of all sorts of unknown techniques...that is my best reason on why Itachi ran)

next.

Tsunade
We've seen her in one fight, she's old, she's out of practice, she was also arrogant and underestimated Kabuto, her hemophobia struck, she got stabbed and slashed a fuckload, did a huge fuck off summon, and used a developed technique sacrificing probably 10 years of her life to fix her body faster than you can nuke a cup of ramen! Tsunade is not fucking weak, granted, she lost to Kabuto, but then beat Orochi's ass inspite of her injuries. She doesn't use much in the way of attack ninjutsu, but is obviously a taijutsu master(her form was ass kicking! Her balance and stance great!) Then there is the ridiculous Dragon Ballesque strength. So....just back the fuck off with the whole Tsunade thing before you look like an ass. Is she the strongest...no....would Kabuto survive a second encounter with her....well I sure as hell wouldn't want to be Kabuto and meet Tsunade in a bar after that. Also, did you see Konohamaru's traps in Sandaime's office and how she just walked through there?
Come on!!! You gotta give her props for that.

next Kabuto

Kabuto is Orochimaru's bitch, personal assistant, candy striper nurse, personal spy, (and probably fuck buddy)
Needless to say, he's handier than a swiss army knife when you need to open a can, while giving yourself a manicure in a knife fight. Kabuto has been noted to on equal level or better than Kakashi. Do we know that as a fact...no...not really. Kabuto is a spy, bodyguard, and nurse first. He doesn't get to go out and pick fights very much. But I remember seeing his face in the Chuunin exam when he got cut on the nose and thinking "fuck....there's more to this guy....he's scary" He looked like he was on that "red eye" shit from Cowboy Bebop's first episode! Is Kabuto stronger than Akatsuki members....I dunno, maybe, maybe he's on par with some of them, we don't know. Maybe if the other members don't know about him, Orochi will send him to spy on them next? Its possible, he's not to be taken lightly. The facts are...we just don't know.

next
Akatsuki

Who's the stongest in the group, who's the weakest? My questions...Who the hell knows? and How can you come to a conclusion now anyways? We haven't even met them all yet, and people are automatically making judgments about who's the weakest (i.e. Kisame mostly) My guess is the weakest member of Akatsuki is the nerdy tech they hire to build them FUCKING HOLOGRAM PROJECTORS!!! Just put this question on hold for now.

Orochimaru vs. Itachi

I've spoken about this on other threads and to sum up, Orochi thinks the Sharingan is the bee's knees and just swell! So much so that he probably thinks someone with mastery over it such as Itachi is automatically stronger because he can copy everything that took Orochi several lifetimes to compile in a matter of seconds. Plus the whole Bloodline limit. He want to kill Itachi bad...but he's not going to fuck with him till he thinks they are on equal ground. Who knows, Itachi thought highly of Jiraiya, he may also think that Orochimaru is the dog's bollocks compared to himself. We just don't know.

next...

the youkai (demons)

Let's not even go here since their power seems to be thought of as omnipotent, or nearly anyways. Is Kyuubi no kitsune more power than Shukaku no Tannuki? Who knows....who cares? Will we find out? all maybes. Besides the youkai is only as strong as the wielder allows it to be.

My conclusion:

Since Naruto started we were told that the most powerful of shinobi were the kages. We learned from Sarutobi's battle that they are indeed insanely powerful. Orochi killed 2 kages, therefore Orochimaru can feasibly be considered to be a kage level ninja, as well as Tsunade since she is also now Godaime Hokage, and I guess Jiraiya since he's believed to be on the same level. I've never seen a member of Akatsuki kill a kage, but then I haven't read the manga yet. Therefore until I learn otherwise this is my list of the strongest.

1. The living kages and those who've killed kages
2. Sannin (Just Jiraiya now, since the other two fit into catagory 1)
3. Akatsuki
4. Shinobi thought higher than Jounin (Kabuto, Mist nin of the Shinobigatana, ANBU, maybe someone else I'm forgetting)
5. Jounin
6. Chuunin
7. Genin (The rookie 9 could possibly be considered Chuunin or Jounin level by strength standards in some instances)

I don't think there is a single strongest ninja alive...there is just not enough information available to form anything more than a hypothesis on that yet.

Mut
Fri, 05-27-2005, 12:30 AM
I will complete this circle jerk by saying that Orochimaru, who has killed 2 kages, is afraid of Itachi. Therefore, placing Itachi at the top of the food chain.

Crows_Kill
Fri, 05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
But wait! (insert character here) said he was afraid of(insert character here)!
And (insert character here) said (insert character here) was stronger than they are!
And (insert character here) overheard a rumor in a bar that (insert character here) cousins ex-girlfriends neighbor know a jutsu even (insert character here) does'nt know!
I IS one giant daisy chain of manly love if you try to sort it out by quoting chapter and verse from the anime or manga- the characters contradict themselves, underestimate their own abailities, and over estimate their opponenets.
Pick who ever you want to be the strongest, have your custom pillow case made in their likenes so you can hug them at night and write your own k/s fiction about them, and then prepare to have your hero shredded in this board and/or in the anime/manga.
There really isn't a deffinitive level gauge for determining who is the absolute strongest, least of all the statements of the characters themselves.
Maybe we should start out own power level odds, based on who can get the most paypal contributions? I'll set up the account, just remember- money doesnt lie.

ChaosK
Fri, 05-27-2005, 07:01 PM
rhanfahl that was 1 long as post. And what i meant was, why do u think he hasnt used them yet? i mean we saw that some earth moves were quite useful, the camoflauge, earthquake ETC. so i'm sure it would've been suitable for him to use it at least in 1 occasion already, and lets put it this way then, kakashi is definetaly not an ordinary jounin, he probably is good enough to become anbu squad leader.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 05-27-2005, 10:49 PM
rhanfahl that was 1 long as post. And what i meant was, why do u think he hasnt used them yet? i mean we saw that some earth moves were quite useful, the camoflauge, earthquake ETC. so i'm sure it would've been suitable for him to use it at least in 1 occasion already, and lets put it this way then, kakashi is definetaly not an ordinary jounin, he probably is good enough to become anbu squad leader.

Actually don't some of the Jounin double as as ANBU occasionally? And I don't necessarilly think ANBU are stronger than Jounin. I mean the purple haired chick called Kakashi sempai, and I think Raidou was one of the ANBU watching Sandaime's fight with Orochimaru. And he was a Jounin that fought with Gennma when the sound 4 were taking Sasuke back. Maybe exceptional Jounin get into ANBU and then if there are no ANBU jobs just run around doing Jounin missions or teach Genins? So maybe Kakashi has done some ANBU work...maybe?

weakest anbu
Fri, 05-27-2005, 11:30 PM
1) a chuunin can become an anbu then later an anbu leader if you are good enough. (ex itachi)
2) calling someone sempai its just a respect thing, it has little to do with ranks. In some cases, a jounin can call a chuunin sempai.
3) raidou wasnt an anbu, he got owned by oro's kunai while wearing the chuunin/ jounin vest.
4) yes kakashi was an anbu. theres a picture of him in anbu clothing with his dogs.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-28-2005, 12:11 AM
yeah, kakashi was an anbu previously and i'm guessing he would've continued if naruto, sasuke and sakura didnt pass his test.

ch4kz
Mon, 06-13-2005, 07:43 PM
...The strongest character ...chakra wise...will eventually be naruto wiht the nine tails....he may already be the strongest chakra wise becuase of this.

But the strongest over all ...I am not sure, I think Itachi is really strong, stronger then Oro, otheriwse Oro would not want sasuke for his sharingan . The kage's all have to be decently strong, but if Oro killed two kages and itachi is stronger then Oro...the ITachi and the akatsuki should be stronger then everyone....but that is not the case, because there has been so many different match ups about people fearing each other ect.

Personaly I think the strongest character we know about is the Boss of the Akatsukie. If not then why would Everyone listen to him and eve fear him slightly?...we may not know much about him, but he looks to be the strongest out there now, shrouded in mystery. Plus supposedly he has the power to control all 9 kubiyubi*sp?

My list as of now

1: Boss of the Akatsuki(he seems to be the logical choice if everyone in the akatsuki listens to him)
2,3,4,...can be a mixture depending on match ups of kage's, sennin, and akatsuki members.
5. elite jounin and kabuto
6...jounin...ect

American Hero
Tue, 06-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Alright, Itachi is fucking intense and everything, and I think he's one of the baddest characters in this anime, but he's not my favorite character. Jaraiya is.

However, since Naruto seems to be all about the one-on-one battles, Itachi would innihilate any of the characters thus far. End of discussion.

potentialflip
Sat, 06-18-2005, 07:05 AM
Chakra wise- Naruto (I don't have to explain)
Physical wise- Tsunade (If she connected one punch to Orochimaru he would have died)
Intelligent wise- Itachi (Knows when to avoid confrontations)
Overall wise- No one (Itachi does not have a lot of chakra, his physical strength is not that high.)(Naruto is not that powerful physically, and well if you don't know he is not the smartest person in battle "well maybe it is different in Part Two)(Tsunade chakra is deteriorating because of that youth jutsu and Intelligent well I don't know her decisions as Hokage of late has been questionable with both fillers being horrible)

ch4kz
Sat, 06-18-2005, 11:02 AM
How do you know that Itachi does not have a lot of chakra...You DEF need a lot of chakra to become an Anbu at the age he bacome one. Yes naruto has more chakra then him...but you can't say he doesn't have a lot of chakra/ Plus the mangekyou sharingan...plus we don't know that his physical strength is not high. From what I have seen its pretty high. Even though he uses eye jutsu a lot. You have seen him use a bit of taijutsu. Yes he has less strength then tsunade. But...there ius a reason for tsunades physical strength as explained with sakura. They put there chakra in there muscles to improve there power!

I know Itachi isn't overall the strongest. Noone knows who is overall the strongest. And I agree with what you said about Naruto and tsunade....but you can't jsut say that itachi's physcial and chakra strenght are weak... I am not sure if that was what you meant to say. You may have just been comparing the 3, saying that compared to the ninetails itachi may not have the chakra to compare ...or compared to tsunade his physical strength is weak. But thats not how I took it...in my opinion you saud that itachi is weak physically and weak with chakra...you just can't say that because there is no proof. If anything there is proof that he is strong in those aspects as well as intelligence...There was no way he could have gotten in the akatsuki without being strong in thsoe aspects. I don't think the mange shringan would go that far as to be the only deciding factor in his battles. If I took it the wrong way my bad....but if not you have no plausable explanation.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 06-18-2005, 11:11 AM
One thing that's always confused me is the relation of the anbu to the ninja hierarchy. At first we know the hierarchy whent like this.

Gennin
Chuunin
Jounin
Kage

Then the Anbu were introduced and we were lead to believe that they were the super elite special opps of the ninja would. But mounitng evidence has shown us that they seem like there just chuunin and all of the jounin are ex Anbu who've decided to retire. I'm guessing they can be called back into service but it seems like there strong enough to carry out important missions on their own as opposed to the Anbu which seems to work in teams.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't understand what's confusing you so much...
ANBUs are jounins, but instead of doing missions for others (the S, A,B,C,D missions), they are doing police works for the village itself, like bodyguarding the hokage or whatever.
special jounins are ninjas who have a definte role. Ibiki is torture and intorgation, Ebisu is a tutor and so on.

and yes, I'm aware that it sometimes seems that ANBU are weaker than chunins, but that's becuase they can't (won't since they obviously can) create a new face for each asshole that is gonna die just to proove that X villian is awsome, so that when Ycharecter beats him with a self killing jutsu, it would seem 'big' and flashy.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 06-18-2005, 11:46 AM
I have a sinking feeling that Itachi fears Udon.

AznSensation
Mon, 06-20-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm not one for posting on forums, more for just reading but this thread compelled me to say something.

You can't judge who's the best ninja, and I do mean best not strongest because there are different interpretations of strength, in this series.

Itachi is a badass but a few powerful moves doesn't make him the most powerful. Orochimaru did kill the Hokage, but the Hokage did have to fight him and 2 other previous hokages as well so does that really make him that strong? Plus, they mention that oro can't get itachi's sharingan anymore but as to whether it is because of his arms or not could/might just be a factor (didn't feel that this was clear in Naruto). It just seems to me that this matter can't be debated because, just like many other people have said, different situations and circumstances can occur at different times. Let me elaborate:

Naruto "defeated" Kabuto but Kabuto is said to be about as good as Kakashi, so does that imply Kakashi would lose to Naruto, I personally doubt it. Naruto "beat" Haku but Kakashi didn't even think he could be Haku, once again and you can't "imply" these things. Gai can open a lot of gates, and if you open them all you are said to be more powerful than the Hokage... Seems like the ultimate move to me, and he can fight the sharingan... does that make him the most powerful? I doubt it.

This whole issue, to me at least, can be compared to any real life competition. Anyone can beat anyone else ("practically") given the right circumstances and conditions, but that by no means means that they are the best. It's like saying a sports team that finishes the season with the best record will always win the championship, but we know that's hardly always the case. Same thing here, just because you have a lot of moves, one REALLY powerful move, have a lot of strength, speed, or chakra it's anyone's guess who'll win one-on-one any other day.

That's it in a nutshell in my opinion

Rhanfahl
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:22 AM
that's a good nutshell...tasty too

ChaosK
Sat, 06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
naruto's fighting seems to be throwing around powerful techniques and frequentaly they just include kage bushin and rasnegan. we have not seen his new and "forbiddon" jutsu yet but we know he will revel it as the story develops.

Kakashi's fighting includes quick effective techniques such as chidori or suiton: suiryuudan. He only occasionally uses kage bushin, unlike naruto who always starts a fight by unleasing his anger through about 1000 of them. And kakashi never used his summons in a fight yet.

Jiraya uses powerful techniques as well (as we've seen in flash backs he was the "naruto" of his team) except he can control them. we seriously havent seem much of his jutsus but we know he has the rasnegan at his disposal and also the technique where his hair becomes needles and surrpounds his body and protects him from almost any attack (we have not yet seen one attack penetrate this defense) and jiraya controls his summons much better than naruto, we've seen naruto summon 2 complete frogs, gamabunta and gamakichi (or it might've been the other 1 dont remember) but jiraya can summon gamabunta at will or summon the giant frog (the other kind of defense that protects him inside the gian frog's stomach) and also smaller frogs for spying (Recentally in naruto anime) or just a plain big frog with no name yet (when we first saw jiraya)

Tsunade is strong with brute force, we have no seen use any jutsus besides her strength and her medical powers. It would appear she does not know many ninjutsu.

Kabuto has a chance of being stronger for tsunade for the fact that she once said he was better than her, even when she was at her "prime" (in the anime). Orochimaru constantaly reminds kabuto that he is only at kakashi's level nowhere near enough to beat him.

itachi's main techniques would seem to all revolve around his mangekyou sharingan. He is fast with taijutsu also but we have no seen him use too many techniques that didnt revolve around mangekyou.

Kiasame's techniques are unknown, though he has a huge sword that eats away chakra, we know he has almost all the water village's technique.

just some of the people in naruto...

weakest anbu
Sat, 06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Kakashi's fighting includes quick effective techniques such as chidori or suiton: suiryuudan. He only occasionally uses kage bushin, unlike naruto who always starts a fight by unleasing his anger through about 1000 of them. And kakashi never used his summons in a fight yet.

Tsunade is strong with brute force, we have no seen use any jutsus besides her strength and her medical powers. It would appear she does not know many ninjutsu.

itachi's main techniques would seem to all revolve around his mangekyou sharingan. He is fast with taijutsu also but we have no seen him use too many techniques that didnt revolve around mangekyou.

Kiasame's techniques are unknown, though he has a huge sword that eats away chakra, we know he has almost all the water village's technique.

wtf chaos are you drunk when you wrote this...

kakashi: chidori is not a quick jutsu, it takes time to charge up. And yes kakashi did use his summon in a fight... it wasnt even a minor fight too.

tsunnade: doesnt know alot of ninjutsu??? i doubt that.... she IS a sannin after all.

itachi: "we have no seen him use too many techniques that didnt revolve around mangekyou" WTF... mmm he has the fastest jutsu speed and activates his sharingan 247. Bunshin explosion, genjutsu counter, katon, suiton, 2 new genjutsu just couple of chapters ago. Yes... we saw a lot of good shits from itachi maybe you were just drunk when you read those chapters. In fact, we still need to know more about the mangekyou... amatersu is powerful but how does it work? is mange deteorating itachi's eyesight? did itachi fucked up cus of puberty?

kisame: how is his techniques unknown? Hes got superhuman strength. His 30% chakra is enough to overpower gai. Hes got a shark face so its safe to say hes only good at suiton moves. Only to you "unknown" is the right description here.

Assertn
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:22 AM
1) anbu members can be chuunin or jounin or elite jounin (whatever thats called)....ANBU is a specific class of ninjas, not rank.

2) The purple haired chick called kakashi "sempai" because kakashi was a former ANBU member, therefore her senior

3) ok....ive lost count how many times i posted this....but i'll post it again anyway, just because its such a solid theory ive devised....
when comparing 2 ninjas, there are 2 main factors to consider......The ninjas' ranks, and the ninjas' jutsu levels. If Ninja A is lower rank than Ninja B, then in order for Ninja A to beat ninja B, ninja A must use a jutsu that is equal to, or greater than, the level of Ninja B's rank.

Take the Naruto vs Kabuto match for example. Since kabuto's rank is above naruto, he naturally would have won. However Naruto had a jutsu that was above the level of a normal jounin jutsu, and therefore succeeded to beat kabuto using that jutsu.

You'll find that this principle applies to most of the unbalanced matches in the series.
Naruto vs Mizuki: Genin beats Chuunin with a Jounin jutsu
Naruto vs Haku: Genin beats Jounin with a Demon ability
Chouji vs Jiroubou: Genin beats Chuunin(?) with a secret clan ability (which, if compared to the opening of gates, could be considered above jounin level)
Neji vs Kidoumaru: Genin beats Chuunin(?) with bloodline abilities (probably jounin-level, since he knows head member jutsus)

keep in mind that this isnt always a guaranteed thing. Naruto's rasengan missed Sakon, for example. Just that this scenario usually has to apply for the good guys to have a chance to beat someone above them.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 06-26-2005, 12:34 AM
I would consider all of the Sound Five as Jounin-level, especially Kidoumarou, Kimi and Sakon.

tommy_l337_n1nj4
Sun, 06-26-2005, 11:15 AM
I know that this has been going on long enough but i have to point out that itachi is not necesarrily the strongest. When he said the best he could hope for against Jaraiya was a double kill, how do you know that he meant at that moment that he was tired, i think if that was what he was thinking he would have waited till the next day when he was better to ensure his victory. And then people say that Orochimaru said Itachi is better than him and Jiraiya was having trouble against him so that means he can't match Itachi, BUT let's not forget that Jiraiya was DRUGGED by Tsunade and had only a little more than half of half of his strength back during that fight, so imagine how bad he would have raped orochimaru ( i don't literally mean rape either, i just try to avoid cursing.) and the Fourth could take on an army and was able to at least stop the kyubi which an army of Konoha ninjas couldn't do so i say the real debate is between Jiraiya and the Fourth but since the fourth is dead it's Jiraiya. But the thread never said that the debate was only for the living characters, it said who is the strongest not who is the strongest amongst the living. So it's between the fourth and Jiraiya. Point made and i think that about solves that whole strong circle/triangle thing and leaves it at Jiraiya being the strongest at the moment.

naruto-kira
Mon, 06-27-2005, 12:21 AM
nah, i dont think jiraiya is the strongest, itachi> orochimaru>jiraiya, jiraiya did beat itachi in a way, but itachi never used mangouku sharigan against him.
i would say the strongest right now would still be naruto, i dont think mangouku sharigan will kill naruto or even work jus because inside of naruto is kyuubi there and not to forget
naruto is getting stronger as he get older, naruto body cant take to much of kyuubi chakara, and naruto vs sasuke battle naruto only used the nine tails 1/9 of the true power it has,
considering u saw only 1 tail came out of naruto....and in the manga jiraiya told naruto not to use a new jutsu, i think that jutsu is really strong. maybe strong enuff to beat itachi already..

Rhanfahl
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
sigh....this is such a pointless topic at this point...aren't there already a billion other threads just like this? Or at least ones that break off into this very discussion?

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm surprised at the lack of Udon jokes in this topic.

Assertn
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
I would consider all of the Sound Five as Jounin-level, especially Kidoumarou, Kimi and Sakon.

Considering that 2 worn out konoha jounins almost beat all 4 of them combined WITH level 2 curse seals, i'd have to argue that

weakest anbu
Mon, 06-27-2005, 05:41 PM
base on the databook stats.

kimimaro = jounin. the rest = chunnins.

Originally posted by: naruto-kira
i would say the strongest right now would still be naruto, i dont think mangouku sharigan will kill naruto or even work jus because inside of naruto is kyuubi there and not to forget
naruto is getting stronger as he get older, naruto body cant take to much of kyuubi chakara, and naruto vs sasuke battle naruto only used the nine tails 1/9 of the true power it has,
considering u saw only 1 tail came out of naruto....and in the manga jiraiya told naruto not to use a new jutsu, i think that jutsu is really strong. maybe strong enuff to beat itachi already..

Ok. I am going to try this again. WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Why would itachi waste a mangekyou on naruto... just couple of chapters ago we saw a 30% itachi completely fucked up naruto with just ONE finger. By the time naruto does his little slow ass hand seals for "that jutsu", hes already fucking dead(or sleep so they can extract kyuubi). And I dont believe that 1 tail bullshit. Naruto's body couldnt even handle that 1 tail mode... now imagine what will happen to him if theres a 9 tails level.

naruto-ton
Mon, 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
if u say that, then everyone is gonna be killed by itachi before using any hand seals, i think as ninja's get older they r alot more clever, and i naruto kyuubi is alot stronger than itachi, all naruto had to do is learn how to release nine tail chakara better and his speed will increase by alot. who needs speed when they have all the power in the world...who knows naruto could even have a auto barrier protecting him if he release more nine tails...like gaara but prolly alot more stronger. considering gaara's monster is the weakest one of all. because it only got 1 tail...

Psyke
Wed, 07-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by: naruto-ton
who needs speed when they have all the power in the world...

Who needs all the power in the world when no one can hit you? Sounds like an old Trunks lesson.

Konohamaru
Wed, 07-06-2005, 04:58 PM
considering gaara's monster is the weakest one of all. because it only got 1 tail...

Just because he has one tail doesn't mean he is the weakest. I won't even say who I think is the strongest cos it'll just drag this forum longer than it pointlessly should

Rhanfahl
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru

considering gaara's monster is the weakest one of all. because it only got 1 tail...

Just because he has one tail doesn't mean he is the weakest. I won't even say who I think is the strongest cos it'll just drag this forum longer than it pointlessly should

Its already 6 pages too long.

vanitysp
Tue, 07-12-2005, 06:43 PM
when kisame and itachi mention that they'd be killed...or at worst a 'double-kill' they were never talking about jaraiya...its funny to me how you guys must be fanatics but can't understand sub-titles...what they did was pay the biggest respects to naruto/nine-tails...if you go back and view that conversation u'll realize that i am right...and as for their comments on naruto's companion which happened to be jaraiya...kisame said that even him and itachi's name pale in comparison to the sannin

ken-sama
Tue, 07-12-2005, 11:10 PM
correct you are, vanitysp. it's true. itachi and kisame were indeed respecting naruto, because they did not know how strong naruto was. they knew he had the kyuubi, so naturally they assumed he would automatically harness the powers of it and be at least that strong. as for who is the strongest (in the series right now)? it is no doubt ero-sennin...aka...jiraiya-sama. keep in mind strongest does not mean physically the strongest, but simply the most powerfull, skilled, complete, etc. ninja. itachi has a tonne of talent no doubt. orochimaru admits itachi is stronger. however, jiraiya has the experience, the brute force techniques, the blood contracts with the frogs, knowledge of a lot of techniques passed down to him, etc. and he's a respected "legendary sanin"...yeh legendary...itachi and kisame themselves respect him as a sanin.

American Hero
Wed, 07-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: Konohamaru

Geeze, guys. We wouldn't want to drag this forum on longer than it pointlessly should. That would be as ridiculous as the sentence in which it was stated.

Itachi is the strongest, by the way.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-13-2005, 01:46 AM
I cant say who is the strongest before we have seen Jiraya fight a real fight. We have seen the other people who might be the strongest fight people like Itachi,Tsunade,Oro.

naruto-kira
Thu, 07-14-2005, 03:10 AM
quote- Just because he has one tail doesn't mean he is the weakest. I won't even say who I think is the strongest cos it'll just drag this forum longer than it pointlessly should

Rhanfahl- u gotta read the naruto open discussion forum about kitsune and the myths, read the post the describe the 9 demons, u will know wut am i talking about. kyuubi is the king amoung the 9 demons.......

btw, i feel naruto is the strongest whats inside of him, never gonna know what will happen....if we c a berserk naruto...

quote-Who needs all the power in the world when no one can hit you? Sounds like an old Trunks lesson.

power doesn't = jus strength....or chakara/energy.....

power is everything including speed......

Konohamaru
Thu, 07-14-2005, 10:10 AM
power, strength and speed is also nothing with out accuracy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PSJ
Thu, 07-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I'm surprised at the lack of Udon jokes in this topic.

Those were banned like a month after it got invented as it annoyed the hell out of everybody.

I'm suprised this thread is still going.

Rhanfahl
Thu, 07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
To quote my new favorite quote/post

Mut says

"Fuck this thread"

tommy_l337_n1nj4
Sun, 07-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by: vanitysp
when kisame and itachi mention that they'd be killed...or at worst a 'double-kill' they were never talking about jaraiya...its funny to me how you guys must be fanatics but can't understand sub-titles...what they did was pay the biggest respects to naruto/nine-tails...if you go back and view that conversation u'll realize that i am right...and as for their comments on naruto's companion which happened to be jaraiya...kisame said that even him and itachi's name pale in comparison to the sannin

then why did they have to bother having Jiraiya out of the picture while they kidnapped naruto? seems to me you didn't interpret the subs correctly.

PSJ
Sun, 07-31-2005, 11:27 AM

Ah i must have missed this post last time i looked through this thread.

This is complete bullshit. Do you really think Itachi and Kisame thought Naruto was strong enough to defeat them?

What they were talking about was that Jiraiya is to much for them to handle, that's why they went through the trouble of using genjutsu on that woman.

If you go read that chapter again you will realise that you are wrong. They just consider naruto a punk that happens to be the container of Kyuubi. If they thought they would be killed by Naruto they wouldn't turn their back at him like Itachi did when Sasuke appeared and when Naruto tried to attack all Kisame did was to draw his sword and suck out Naruto's chakra, then he turned around and talked to Itachi a bit. Now correct me if i'm wrong but that is not the way you behave when you think someone standing right next to you is strong enough to kill you and your partner at the same time.

Jman
Sun, 07-31-2005, 10:35 PM
nah, i dont think jiraiya is the strongest, itachi> orochimaru>jiraiya, jiraiya did beat itachi in a way, but itachi never used mangouku sharigan against him.

Guess you missed the chapter where Naruto damn near choked himself to death(ch257).
Mind you that wasn't even because of the mangekyo. He couldn't handle that genjutsu,
what makes you think he wouldn't be affected by mangekyo at all. You sound like a fanboy.
You ignore the rules of logic and sensibility.
FISSION MAILED

naruto-kira
Mon, 08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Im saying Naruto because he got the most potential to me, I did read ch 257, if Naruto would Spark up any of Kyuubi Chakara by jus alittle no genjutsu would take any affect, because there are 2 type of chakara running through Naruto's body, and Genjutsu takes control of only 1 of the chakara flow.

mage
Tue, 08-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Im saying Naruto because he got the most potential to me, I did read ch 257, if Naruto would Spark up any of Kyuubi Chakara by jus alittle no genjutsu would take any affect, because there are 2 type of chakara running through Naruto's body, and Genjutsu takes control of only 1 of the chakara flow.
Way to make things up.

Jman
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:31 PM
@naruto-kira:
Genjutsu takes control of only 1 of thechakra flow?!
/\__________
ll___________l ` `
ll____WTF___l ` `
ll___________l `
ll___________l `` `
ll
ll `
ll ` `
ll` `
ll `
ll `

Stop making things up.

drcitan
Tue, 08-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
@naruto-kira:
Genjutsu takes control of only 1 of thechakra flow?!
/\__________
ll___________l ` `
ll____WTF___l ` `
ll___________l `
ll___________l `` `
ll
ll `
ll ` `
ll` `
ll `
ll `

Stop making things up.

Its no use dude. The flow of stupidity will continue to flow no matter how right you are.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 08-03-2005, 12:04 AM
I hear that Genjutsu controls only one type of bullshit flow. Since naruto-kira has multiple bullshit flows, he'll just make stuff up regardless of what Jutsu anyone uses.

folf
Wed, 08-03-2005, 01:10 AM
do those tailed beasts get any stronger? Are they simply really strong and as the character gets stronger, the channeling of the beast improves?

naruto-kira
Wed, 08-03-2005, 04:39 AM
i aint bSing have u read how a genjutsu work???before u said im BSing.

Naruto got caught in genjutsu first, if he activate kyuubi chakara b4 the fight,he shouldn't get affected, of course once u caught in MS its mostly over. But there are things to prevent it from happening first.

mage
Wed, 08-03-2005, 04:44 AM
When was it ever said genjutus can only effect a single chakra flow?

naruto-kira
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Jiraiya explained it... chapter 259 page 10, it didn't nessasry said Genjutsu control one source of chakara in the body, but considering each person only got 1 type of Chakara FLowing in there body.And also Genjutsu can only be target 1 person at a time, which basically meaning 1 chakara flow, In order to disrupt break genjutsu, is to disrupt the chakara flow, and Kyuubi is the perfect candidate to do that. Because genjutsu can target 1 person at a time only, but with the Kyuubi Chakara running through Naruto's body, it can easily be prevented. All the time i watch Naruto, Naruto never got caught in a genjutsu if he's on Kyuubi Mode.

There is probably no way to counter in MS once its caught, but surely there was ways to prevent it from hapening, The Akatsuki leader is not a Sharigan User, (he should be able to beat itachi)...and he's the leader, meaning MS is not like undeafeatable.

basey44
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by: folf
do those tailed beasts get any stronger? Are they simply really strong and as the character gets stronger, the channeling of the beast improves?

the 2nd one, the monsters can only give the host as much power as they can handle, the monsters though (especially the nine tails) have a seemingly infinate amount of chakra

Naruto never got caught in a genjutsu if he's on Kyuubi Mode

no ones even done a genjutsu on him in kyuubi mode, so you dont know

basey44
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:28 AM
crap sorry double post

naruto-kira
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:53 AM
theorically, Genjutsu shouldn't take affect if he's on Kyuubi Mode, if Jiraiya meant the thing he was saying about disrupting Chakara

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 08-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Jiraiya explained it... chapter 259 page 10, it didn't nessasry said Genjutsu control one source of chakara in the body, but considering each person only got 1 type of Chakara FLowing in there body.And also Genjutsu can only be target 1 person at a time, which basically meaning 1 chakara flow, In order to disrupt break genjutsu, is to disrupt the chakara flow, and Kyuubi is the perfect candidate to do that. Because genjutsu can target 1 person at a time only, but with the Kyuubi Chakara running through Naruto's body, it can easily be prevented. All the time i watch Naruto, Naruto never got caught in a genjutsu if he's on Kyuubi Mode.

There is probably no way to counter in MS once its caught, but surely there was ways to prevent it from hapening, The Akatsuki leader is not a Sharigan User, (he should be able to beat itachi)...and he's the leader, meaning MS is not like undeafeatable.

You don't make any sense, ever.

naruto-kira
Wed, 08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Instead of saying, im not making any sense, prove me wrong,???instead of being in denial,reread chapter 259..., I am basing what the manga said.. 1 Genjutsu can only target 1 person at a time. A genjutsu can be broken if someone touches you, placing there own chakara to disrupt yours, and Kyuubi running through naruto bodyies means the same thing....

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Umm what about that Genjutsu spell that was used during the chuunin exams? Where you are getting the rest of this stuff I do not know. In that chapter they said if you can control your chakra.. and prevent it from leaking out ,or something of the sort, you can break a genjutsu. Sometimes physical pain or a sudden burst of chakra can also break the spell.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 08-03-2005, 04:55 PM
When Itachi and Kisame met up with Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma, Kakashi told them to cover their eyes or else they would be affected by the genjutsu AS WELL AS Kakashi. So yes, there was fear Itachi could affect all three of them at the same time.

naruto-kira
Fri, 08-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Tsukuyomi can only occupied 1 person at a time, Kakashi didn't know that time. i shouldn't say all genjutsu...my bad.

Rhanfahl
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Well that was all bullshit, but one thing that could make since. Who's to think petty human genjutsu, could affect the mind of a huge fuckoff ancient demon, with nearly omnipotent abilities...

as for this

Tsukuyomi can only occupied 1 person at a time, Kakashi didn't know that time. i shouldn't say all genjutsu...my bad.

where the fuck does it say that. Heretic is right, and Kira has succeeded in opening all 8 gates of bullshit.

This has gotten so off topic...but I guess that's a good thing since the topic is shit.

naruto-kira
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Rewatch the anime Rhanfahl, the first fight, Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai vs Itachi Kisame. He is vulnerble to other attacks when using Tsukuyomi.

Mut
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:56 AM
That makes no sense. From what we've seen so far, any genjutsu performed by the eyes can effect anyone who is looking into the genjutsu user's eyes. This includes regular genjutsu and Tsukuyomi. For Itachi to kill a billion people, all he has to do is get in front of everyone and use tsukuyomi once and they'll all die (given that all of them looked into his eyes).

Rhanfahl
Sun, 08-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Rewatch the anime Rhanfahl, the first fight, Kakashi, Asuma, Kurenai vs Itachi Kisame. He is vulnerble to other attacks when using Tsukuyomi.

Yeah, he was vulnerable to attacks from someone behind him or who wasn't there at the time he initiated the attack, but anyone in front of him stupid enough to look is fucked.

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Probably Itachi wasted it on Kakashi because for some reason he likes to use it on Sharingan users.

I agree mostly with OP on current strength:

1) Jiraya
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru
4) Tsunade

Though I would think Tsuande can handle Kisame (the shark guy).

Itachi is weaker than Jiraya in that Itachi admitted that there is no way they can take on Jiraya without dieing, which assumes he means ever, not just that day when he used up some of his power.

Remember, Jiraya nearly killed two Atasuki members with just one move (the frog stomach thing).

The only other ninja more power than Jiraya (shown so far), is a young Third Hokage.

Even the Fourth Hokage wouldn't be able to beat Jiraya, unless the Fourth used the sealing move of course, but thats more of a draw.

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:24 AM

I'm pretty sure they were scared of Jiraya.

They certainly weren't scared of Naruto, and Kisame even suggested at one point to cut off Naruto's legs. Apparently they're not worried that Naruto will use his Kyuubi strength.

So are they saying they are scared of the Nine-Tails? Could be, but why talk about that when you just got out of a fight with Jiraya?

Think about it, if they wanted Naruto so bad, and they are stronger than Jiraya, they could have gotten at least a few more Atasuki members to take out the Sannin and kidnap Naruto.

But they can't. As long as Jiraya is protecting Naruto, they admitted that they could only force a double-kill at best.

elmojo
Thu, 08-11-2005, 10:21 AM
as much as i love orochi.. i would have to agree with

1) Jiraiya
2) Itachi (at full health)
3) Orochimaru
4) Tsunade *not soo sure about this one..

where do you guys think the 3rd (Saritobi) would be at his prime?

I definately hope Neji will top this list eventually, he is definately the most promising character strength wise..

that "scared of naruto" comment is pretty weak considering kisame was offering to cut him limb to limb for easy travellin', they were definately afraid of jiraiya and with good cause

Mut
Fri, 08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
Probably Itachi wasted it on Kakashi because for some reason he likes to use it on Sharingan users.

I agree mostly with OP on current strength:

1) Jiraya
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru
4) Tsunade

Though I would think Tsuande can handle Kisame (the shark guy).

Itachi is weaker than Jiraya in that Itachi admitted that there is no way they can take on Jiraya without dieing, which assumes he means ever, not just that day when he used up some of his power.

Remember, Jiraya nearly killed two Atasuki members with just one move (the frog stomach thing).

The only other ninja more power than Jiraya (shown so far), is a young Third Hokage.

Even the Fourth Hokage wouldn't be able to beat Jiraya, unless the Fourth used the sealing move of course, but thats more of a draw.
Sorry, but a lot of your points are very incorrect.

UberSuperHACKER
Sun, 08-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by: Crows_Kill
I think its been said before, but it does bear repeating- Naruto does not follow a strict "power level" arrangement when it comes to the power of the characters.
If they did start that, I think it woul really detract from the series. Alot of the coments from characters about how strong they/their oppenents are reflect their own perceptions of how strong they think they are, not strict "im lvl 3500 he's lvl 4000, theres no way i can win" type comparisons. Thats one way I enjoy naruto- the characters are more human and falable than most comic or manga characters. They tend to underestimate their own abilities and over estimate their oppenents- none of this "I'm greater and I'll hold back to make the fight interesting" bs (except for a few scenes with kakashi and oro, but they could both arguably be called the 2 most arrogant characters of the series, god love them both).

The only true test of the characters would be if kishimoto would actauly write a fight between them. Story wise, I think it would depend alot on how rested the characters are, the circumstances of the fight and who got the drop on who, alot like a real fight. Not just whos jutsu is greater.

Of course everyone has their favorites and are going to post :"insert-favorite-ninja 0wns j00 n00bs" as well, but only time and kishimot will tell.

I think this is the most truthful and relavent post in this thread........There is a simple proof to this too......What you might ask? The Fact that someone can beat Itachi could exist in narutos world But might get beat by another character...

....but If we got to import someone .... I think the best hope would be
http://www.cheezey.org/thundercats/gallery/lynxo5.JPG
NONE OTHER THEN LYNX-O from the THUNDERCATS! All of Itchai's Crazy Eye Braink explodin Techniques can do nothing to Lynx-O cuz he is Blind.... and you know he is powerful... Becuase he has a O at the end of his name.....And Unlike Lion-O... Lynx-O also has Age and experience on his side so I say the Revised powerlisting should be more like....

Number Extra 1 above everyone else .) LINX-O
1) Jiraya
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru
4) Tsunade

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 08-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@chi
Sorry, but a lot of your points are very incorrect.

Like what?

I hate when people like you just say "your wrong" and show nothing to prove me wrong, or even tell me which points.

Necromas
Wed, 08-24-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by: Y

It's already shown that Gai can fight a sharingan user without looking into his eyes.

And a Hyuuga would have no problem using the byakugan to detect him (within range). I bet they can see through their own eyelids with it if they can see through solid objects.

Also, commenting on Tsunades fighting abilities, didn't she get totally wtfpned by Kabuto? All he had to do was dodge and run untill she was tired and then bam, he kicks her butt by cutting her muscles. Although she can use that life shortening instant healing jutsu, she still got her butt kicked.

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 08-25-2005, 02:55 AM
I think Kabuto had a soldier pill.
That and Tsunade was out of practice.

Who knows, maybe Kabuto is much stronger than he lets on. He is the most mysterious figure in the anime, and a true ninja (i.e. uses deception, is a spy and cares nothing for rank).

Zhan
Thu, 08-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Tsunade would explode his ass now because shes over her blood phobia

naruto-kira
Fri, 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Tsunade is the strongest amoung the 3 sannin believe it or not...She has medical jutsu surpass the "Summon Death Jutsu" of Yondaime and Sandaime has...Oro went to her to cure it...meaning he can surpassing jutsu that takes soul away...With 1 pinky she can send you flying...Kabuto is no where near Tsunade...Tsunade had blood phobiea

Rhanfahl
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah....let's not forget...she's also as old as some of your grandmothers. Give the woman a fucking break, yeah she's out of shape...but...she's got years of training, experience, intelligence, AND menopause on her side. You don't fuck with that shit.

coud656
Sat, 09-17-2005, 10:03 AM
LOL menopause XD

To me its
1.Itachi(even if u dont see into his eyes Itachi can use other jutsu and the best one ~Amaterasu~
2.Tsunade(shes old and has menopause lol but seriously I do think she is the 2nd strongest)
3.Oro with arms
4.Jiraiya
5.Oro wothout arms

Strider
Mon, 09-19-2005, 10:45 AM
@ CapsuleCorpJX: I do not understand why people place Jiraiya at the number one position, when Jiraiya failed to bring Orochimaru back. They were both classified as Sannin then, and Jiraiya could not beat Orochimaru. Granted numerous years have passed, and surely Jiraiya's vastly improved, but I do not believe to the level of Orochimaru. The dude's creating Kinjutsu for fun.

And, you don't think Yondaime could have taken on Jiraiya? I think people don't associate his name with fear or intimidation only because of his kind nature and because he is dead. Why bring them up? He was surely a monster, though.

01. Itachi
02. Tsunade
03. Orochimaru
04. Jiraiya
05. Hiashi

I'm still thinking that the Akatsuki are led by the figure with the different eyes. I believe he may turn out to be the strongest character. But, with no name, he might as well not exist, and so the list above stands.

Inuzukademon
Wed, 10-05-2005, 02:09 PM
"kisame (hes more around kakashis level, not tsunades)"
said by: basey44

How can Kisame be around Kakashi's level if he's an S class and Kakashi is an A-class

chet_chetty
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
I foresee a confrontation between Itachi and the Akatsuki leader (prolly in regards to killing Sasuke). I also foresee Itachi showing just how powerful he is and mopping the floor with this leader.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Where do you think Sasori and Deirdara fit in to this discussion? They seem to get little respect then again maybe it's because their both dead but still Sasori killed the third sand kazekage and single handedly destroyed an entire nation. That's got to count for something?

ChaosK
Wed, 10-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: Strider
@ CapsuleCorpJX: I do not understand why people place Jiraiya at the number one position, when Jiraiya failed to bring Orochimaru back. They were both classified as Sannin then, and Jiraiya could not beat Orochimaru. Granted numerous years have passed, and surely Jiraiya's vastly improved, but I do not believe to the level of Orochimaru. The dude's creating Kinjutsu for fun.

And, you don't think Yondaime could have taken on Jiraiya? I think people don't associate his name with fear or intimidation only because of his kind nature and because he is dead. Why bring them up? He was surely a monster, though.

01. Itachi
02. Tsunade
03. Orochimaru
04. Jiraiya
05. Hiashi

I'm still thinking that the Akatsuki are led by the figure with the different eyes. I believe he may turn out to be the strongest character. But, with no name, he might as well not exist, and so the list above stands.

yondamine had to be badass, for god sakes he was
1. taught by jiraya
2. taught kakashi
3. referred to as "the lightning flash"
4. took out an army of rock ninjas....

chet_chetty
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
...and single handedly destroyed an entire nation. That's got to count for something?

I wouldnt say single handedly. he probaly used that puppet summon jutsu and had them do the work for him. now what yondaime did w/ that rock army (thanks CK for bringing it up) was single handed and rather manly.

Assertn
Wed, 10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
wait im confused...why are people saying tsunade is the strongest of the sannin?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Hehe dunno maybe people think more of her now that her pupil killed Sasori.

Im not sure if she is stronger or weaker than Oro though.

Two things i know for sure Jiraya is the strongest sanin and not all Akatsuki members are at Itachi level after seeing Sasori and Deidara.

Thu, 10-06-2005, 03:35 PM
It's Itachi. Locked.

SK
Fri, 10-07-2005, 06:43 AM
It's Kakashi. Locked.

~1~

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-07-2005, 07:55 AM
It's Naruto. I don't know what I said before, but now its Naruto.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 10-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Jiraya until someone beats him i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

JusDaMan
Fri, 10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Its Udon. come on snot power pwnz bijuu and all them other bs

Strider
Mon, 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
It's Itachi.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Jiraya until someone beats him

Oro' did. Jiraiya's knocked down some notches.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
wait im confused...why are people saying tsunade is the strongest of the sannin?

For me, it's 'cause Oro' beatdown Jiraiya and left him crying in the woods, while he went on to continue his search for every technique ever. So, Oro's above Ero-Sennin. Tsunade's above him, well .. 'cause she's a medical shinobi, Jiraiya wouldn't want to fight her, and to be such an exceptional Medical Nin, you have to be very proficient and excel at almost every aspect of a ninja. Plus, she's a female .. not all of them can suck.

Tsunade <u>&gt;</u> Orochimaru &gt; Jiraiya

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Deidara

he was so strong that he blew himself up, feeling sorry for all the weaklings around him who would have no chance otherwise

Strider
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Damn. Y'know, I never looked at it that way. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But, since he DID blow himself up .. I don't think he's in the rankings anymore. Who's your runner-up?

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:39 PM

Neji ^_^

Strider
Mon, 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
TERRA'S WORD IS TRUTH.

THE NEW GOSPEL.

You should really snag SK's siggy.

"Terra' .. Runnin' GW since '03, bitches!"

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:28 AM
We didnt see Oro beat jiraya in the flashback and even if he has beaten him that was what 15 years ago. Things change you know.

Strider
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Sure it was forever and a day ago that they fought, but the same way I see Jiraiya progressing and advancing in his shinobi skills, I see Oro' doing the same thing, if not more.

He was runnin' around creatin' KINJUTSU for fun. Frikkin' Forbidden Skills and whatnot. I think Oro' could surprise Jiraiya with all his own original shit, and that'd be his advantage over our beloved perverted hermit.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Oro would massacre Jiraiya and you all know it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 10-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Has anyone mentioned that with all 8 gates open Gai should be stronger than the Hokage!

Ps. Daddy's Home Bitches! i/expressions/devil.gif

folf
Wed, 10-12-2005, 02:40 AM
no, and I'm glad you didn't mention it either.
: )

Kensee
Wed, 10-12-2005, 03:47 AM
How this will end:

Sasuke will NEVER gain the power to kill itachi, but he will fight him one last time only to get his arse pwned then he finally realizes he went down the wrong path.
Itachi will absorb one of the monsters and become super crazy strong, but then die, by Naurto? ehh maybe not, but I am thinking Jiraya will die either killing off Oro or Itachi.

Oro will die (he has too, mega villians always die)
Tsu might die depending on circumstances.
Kakashi is in danger of dying but I'm thinking he just might get pwned badly later on ( I wouldn't want to see it but its gonna happen) by the leader of the ninjas.
Gai will unlock all his gates in order to protect someone, and he will die after killing one of the unidentified members. (Then revived by MAGIC or 5th dies here by using her life energy to bring Gai back).

Naruto will end up either killing itachi (I'm thinkin hes gonna unlock the 9 tail's power fully) after a long and bloody berserk battle, or he will kill Oro.
Sasuke will die either by being aborbed by Oro then letting naruto kill him after realizing the error of his ways.
Then naruto will die in a final summoning just like the 4th did on either the 9 tails, oro's summon? or some battle that threatens the entire world.

In the end:
Naruto (fully unleashed 9 tails and using that hidden Justu jiraya taught him)
Itachi with absorbed tailed monster
Leader of the ninja group (undefined)
Oro (absorbing Sasuke) (just so he can become really strong.
Jiraya (full power ready to die in the battle, does he? who knows)
Itachi (complelty depleteing his chakra after wuping sasuke then fighing jiraya + naruto right after)
Kakashi (read next line)
Kisame gets defeated and killed by Kakashi only after kakashi is severly beaten to an ounce of his life (both almost dead but kakashi ends up connecting the final blow)

Thats also the order of strength (the rest of the remaming ninjas will be somewhere inbetween jiraaya and kisame).

Based on just random skeptulation and how animes play out in the past.

WE ARE ALL WRONG AND WILL KNOW AFTER THE MAGNA ENDS AND WE ARE ALL LEFT SPEACHLESS AND ANGRY.
^^.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by: iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Has anyone mentioned that with all 8 gates open Gai should be stronger than the Hokage!

Did anyone mention that he would be a dead man by opening all 8 gates.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 10-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Oro will never beat Jiraya i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Nah If gai opens up all 8 gates he'll just be fine. Kishimoto can simpy revive him with the deus ex machina no justsu

Jadugar
Wed, 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Its a great jutsu, you should post it in Fan Made ninja powers/bloodlines (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=4&amp;threadid=16512&amp;STARTPAGE=1 &amp;FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear).

Personally I would have named it, Kishi bullshit no jutsu.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 10-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Haha good naming jadugar i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Lithonite
Sat, 11-12-2005, 08:53 PM
this thread has been written time and tme again- thoose of you who keep thinking Oro said Itachi was stronger, please dont rely on crap translations. What was actually written in many scntilation was "cant" vs "not allowed to"

Since we have been shown time and time again strength in Naruo universe is not linear( granted the diffrence between a genn and a jounin is clear regaurdless). discerning who is "strongest" when talking about the higher lvl's of fighters and jutsu'

he goes a for instance- Sakura, and Chyao ba-sama were able to defeat sasori due to Sakura'smdical training. in that situation kakashi, or gai would be deadif they got as much as scraped. and Both of them could clearly own Sakura. Not linear power curve

No memberof Akatsuki, can go after naruto alone if Jiraiya is with him( they admitted this, not subject to faulty translation due to manner in which it was said ), same goes with Orochimaru.

In order for Akatsuki to defeat thoose 2 in particular requires they all mobilize @ one time( this does not mean that anyone of them could not yield a draw alone fighting either one of them- however i think their objective is to be ableto leave the fight alive ).

We dont have any idea of Tsunade's fighting strength outside of her fight with a handicapped Orochimaru. We havent really seen her fight. however we do know she was able to train the pathetic Sakura to be a forced to be recond with, while jugglling her duties as Hokage.

We dont know what is required tobe a member of akatsuki, other than a "gang style" "jump in" but we do know Jiraiya revered them as "someone like me" (which more closly translates to someone at my rank/lvl but sounds wierd in translation.) we do know they are stronger than your standard jounin.

we probubly would have a better

elmojo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
1. Danzou
2. The rest

heero
Mon, 12-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Team Gai owns all

The End.

Carnage
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by: heero
Team Gai owns all

The End.

Crappy Sequal: Kakashi owns Team Gai

anbu41
Mon, 01-02-2006, 04:18 AM

yeah, pretty much a double-edged sword

neo_ken1
Tue, 08-29-2006, 01:07 AM

She isn't the strongest, if I recall clearly Jiraya said he "would kill her if she betrays Konoha" so that means he has to be stronger then her. So as it stands Jiraya is the strongest right now. That's just my 2 cents.

mage
Tue, 08-29-2006, 01:28 AM
yay bring up 19 page thread from 2005 to make a useless comment

Genma
Tue, 08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
yay bring up 19 page thread from 2005 to make a useless comment

Beat me to it. =(

The Master
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:25 AM
i think the strongest in naruto where the manga currently
1.sannin[not tsunade]
2.the stronger aktasuki members such as there leader itachi sasori
3.current kages
4.weaker aktasuki and stronger jounin

the sannin are at the top because they are the most experinced and are ledgenary for there strength.

we know some of the aktasuki are kage level and we know this some have killed kages
and some are just very powerful also there leader also must be very strong oterwise the
aktsuki would not listen to him

the kages are the strongest ninjas in there village so are very powerful

strong jounin such as gai kabuto and kakasi and asuma are most likely around the same level as the weaker aktasuki

mage
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Everyone knows Sasuke is the strongest.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Meh its hard to tell which one is the strongest.

Itachi said that Kisame and him cant defeat Jiraijiya and Jiraijiya said he nearly died because Naruto went beserk in his Kyuubi mode.

mage
Thu, 08-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Itachi said that Kisame and him cant defeat Jiraijiya and Jiraijiya said he nearly died because Naruto went beserk in his Kyuubi mode.
That's not what he said. This has been gone over hundreds of times so I'm not going to bother explaining it.

tehlegend
Thu, 09-07-2006, 02:30 AM
you lazy bum... :P

jiraya said he almost died while facing naruto with the fourth tail formed. not all 9 tails, no one has seen that yet.

aside from that two things i want to say.

1. some of you guys really need to learn to punctuate your damn sentences... they're not readable for crap...

2. im revising the list of strongest ninjas, but im adding a bit to actually justify my reasoning... another problem with some of you... :/

1a. itachi. - we know virtually nothing about his various techniques except the sharingan, we know he is godly with weapons, genjusu, and sharingan, and expert with just about everything else. however, we do know that he WANTS sasuke to grow to possibly kill him. or atleast compete... in that respect, i say sasuke is his one and only true weakness... for now.

1b. naruto(9tails form) - currently while i write this, naruto knows the highest form of form manipulation, he can use the wind nature, and he can defeat jiraya with 4 tails, (under what circumstances we dont know for sure, maube jiraya was drunk that day) but we know that the uchiha clans sharingan is the tailed demons ultimate weakness... aside from that, if we were to assume they were competing for who has the most destrictive power, we know nothing about itachi's range of power, other than it is damn fuggin high, and we know the demons are damn fuggin high. the 9 tails most of all... naruto had a brief battle with orochimaru where he reached the 5th tail, but since we know thaat it took the fourths life and death spirit summon to defeat the kyubii fox, and that the power is amplified when the demon is sealed within a jinjurikii, naruto has some serious ass kicking to do later in the series. when he actually gets around to completely releasing the kyubii and giving it access to all the jutsus naruto knows, he's gonna be a nightmare to face... (imagine the 9 tailed fox doing a tajuu kage bushin... or a wind fused rasengan O.o)

2. orochimaru - weakness- people who do things he cant do... aka itachi... :P
- strength- little boys o_O
- what we know of michael, oh i mean orochimaru, is that he has in his possession a fat fuggin lot of snake related jutsus that can attack, somehow heal his body via skin shedding, summoning from wounds and sealing em shut (im guessing here, there wasnt a sure definite source for this info, and the kyubii fight was pretty vague in these details) and summoning huge fuggin snakes the traditional way... we know he knows alot about a ton of jutsus, and he is technically immortal... (how far the fourths curse on his jutsus goes, may be more extensive than we think, since the fourth attacked the soul, and not just the body that orochimaru was in. since the soul was attacked, we dont know if the jutsus were removed from orochimarus memory or if he was simply barred from using them in his current body, which he is now out of) we know he is in possession of the kusanagi sword which is pretty legendary in the naruto world (its combat performance was pretty high) and we know orochimaru was considered to be the best in his youth. we know he was able to take on the other two slightly handicapped sannins, and that he did fairly well.

3. jiraya- come on... he has to be here... the guy fought orochimaru and lived while hopped up on some serious drugs,
- weakness - hot women, strong drinks, hot baths with hot women in them.
- strength - ... well... i'll have to think on this...
seems very competitent in chakra control, summons frogs and frog parts to do his bidding, and supposedly learned a few good stealth tricks in his youth to spy on the girls bath during his puberty years... :P... aside from that, jiraya has revealed surprisingly little given the amount of screen time he's been given...

4a. naruto - (no kyubii power) strength- anyone not able to screw with his mind with genjutsus
- weakness - sakura, genjutsu users, and smart people
4b. sasuke. - strength - anyone who is susceptable to sharingan
- weakness - itachi

these two, fairly obvious why i listed them and why they're in the same slot... their powers? obviously, kishimoto is with them, no character in the naruto universe can kill them until he says so, and he's making damn sure that thats the way its going to be... :D

5. tsunade - the reason i put her here is because, aside from summoning acid spitting slugs and healing powers, all she can do by herself as far as we can see is hit things really hard... her genjutsu is practically nonexistant, and her ninjutsu is probably limited to summoning and anything that relates to medical jutsus. her taijutsu is fairly good, although i dont think she compares to a fully healed orochimaru or itachi at prime level.

apparently though, her combat skills and perhaps her ability to do regeneration similar to kabutos are top notch enough to land her a position as hokage, so perhaps i'm not doing her justice...

6. kakashi, yamato, gai, asuma, kurenai, kabuto, other akatsuki members, other jounin.

these guys are all roughly the same level, given what we know about each of them, asuma may show some skills which push him waaay up, considering his "12 guardian" title, but i havent seen enough yet to separate him from the rest of the jounin...

thats as far as the list goes... i cant be bothered to sound more geeky than i've already acomplished so far...

The Master
Fri, 09-08-2006, 09:37 AM
how can you possibly rank tsunade lower than sasuke and naruto?
and if naruto is so strong then why is kakashi teaching him?
and there is no way sasuke could be gai or kakashi and if he could it wouldnt make much sense.

i forgot if naruto is stronger than tsunade when why is she hokage and not naruto

Azaz31
Fri, 09-08-2006, 11:35 AM
i forgot if naruto is stronger than tsunade when why is she hokage and not naruto

Maybe because Naruto is as STUPID as a ... erm... insert random immovable object here..

tehlegend
Sat, 09-09-2006, 12:57 AM
naruto would definitely give tsunade a run for the money, but the reason why tsunade is hokage and not naruto, obviously is because naruto has no brains to run the village with...

would you trust naruto to run your finances or pay your bills or invest your savings properly?

nuff said. pure power aint cutting it for the hokage position...

and obiously, kakashi is teaching naruto to push his potential farther and maybe give him an edge against smart opponents later on...

besides... tsunade was getting kicked around by kabuto, do i really need a bigger reason than that?

Konohamaru
Sun, 09-10-2006, 09:18 AM
besides... tsunade was getting kicked around by kabuto, do i really need a bigger reason than that?

She had a fear of blood which Kabuto exposed, she got over it pretty quick during the end of the fight though and I'm sure next time they meet up, Tsunade would kick Kabuto's ass.

The Master
Mon, 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM
tsunade could easily kill normal naruto all she would need to do is land one blow not only would it do immense damage but if tsunade wanted she could sever his arteries therefore killing him pretty quickly and another thing you cant really catorgize naruto in nine tails form because its not narutos power he doesnt have control and it is a supernatural being.
so dont you think it is a bit unfair to compare it to humans?
and how did you come up with the idea that kakashi training naruto will give him an edge
againast smarter opponents?

bxgreatone87
Mon, 09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
She had a fear of blood which Kabuto exposed, she got over it pretty quick during the end of the fight though and I'm sure next time they meet up, Tsunade would kick Kabuto's ass.

If im not mistaken they where fighting regular without him exposeing her fear of blood weakness. She didnt over power him since he cut her muscles or something like that. You can preety much say kabuto is like the perfect counter to her anyway since he is also a medical ninja.

Naruto is the strongest in the village in terms of raw power. If its with or without the kyubbi chakra he has the largest chakra pool. This will allow him to learn more powerful jutsu's later down the road. What naruto lacks is speed/smarts that alot of the jounin have.

So i would have to go with either kakashi or jiraya has being the strongest of konoha because they have the total pakage of strength and smarts. Only reason im ranking kakashi with jiraya is becasue of his MS other wise it would have been jiraya lol.

Oh someone said something about not counting naruto in kyubbi form but thats apart of him since his chakra is linked to him. Thats like saying gaara controling sand shouldnt count because without him ever haveing the tailed demon in him he wouldnt have been able to control sand since he would never have had that ability. He can control it now with out the demon in him since he was doing so for so long its like apart of him now.

They say naruto chakra is so large because he had the kyubbi in him and some of its chakra has become apart of naruto natural chakra. So wouldnt it still be that large if they removed it like they did with garra (if they where able to bring him back to life of course)?

dragon608608
Mon, 09-11-2006, 11:49 PM
If im not mistaken they where fighting regular without him exposeing her fear of blood weakness. She didnt over power him since he cut her muscles or something like that. You can preety much say kabuto is like the perfect counter to her anyway since he is also a medical ninja.

Naruto is the strongest in the village in terms of raw power. If its with or without the kyubbi chakra he has the largest chakra pool. This will allow him to learn more powerful jutsu's later down the road. What naruto lacks is speed/smarts that alot of the jounin have.

So i would have to go with either kakashi or jiraya has being the strongest of konoha because they have the total pakage of strength and smarts. Only reason im ranking kakashi with jiraya is becasue of his MS other wise it would have been jiraya lol.

Oh someone said something about not counting naruto in kyubbi form but thats apart of him since his chakra is linked to him. Thats like saying gaara controling sand shouldnt count because without him ever haveing the tailed demon in him he wouldnt have been able to control sand since he would never have had that ability. He can control it now with out the demon in him since he was doing so for so long its like apart of him now.

They say naruto chakra is so large because he had the kyubbi in him and some of its chakra has become apart of naruto natural chakra. So wouldnt it still be that large if they removed it like they did with garra (if they where able to bring him back to life of course)?

are you kidding me? Why don't you actually go back and see the fight between Kabuto and Tsunade? Kabuto cut his hand and press his blood all over Tsunade and disable her from all her movement. without that, God, Tsunade can't be kill in battle, her seal keep her body from dieing. She release that and even 10 Kabutos would be kill.

PS: Stop saying who the strongest, it obvious will be Naruto. That is the name of the series for crying out loud. In addition, even without that, the Kuuybi lie domain inside Naruto, so it is a part of Naruto. the part that Naruto able to use it charka as his own is enough evident to conclude that. And we all know in the Japanese legend, the Kuuybi have unlimit amount of charka. So we can see who the strongest here.

tehlegend
Tue, 09-12-2006, 12:23 AM
tsunade can sever the arterys as many times as she likes, if he's released kyubii, naruto has infinite healing... plus wide area of damage just with his rate of chakra release...

although you make a good point for her against kabuto... i was being sarcastic on that one, but yeah, she does have her redeeming qualities... i still dont think she stands a chance against naruto kyubii

wish you people would learn to use semi proper grammer and punctuation on these forums... hard to read... :(

jiraya tops kakashi, too many years of experience on him without too many years weighing him down... plus, kakashi admits he doesnt stand a chance against a sannin, remember when he sealed sasukes heaven seal during the prelims in the chunnin exam?

and we can barely decide on whether jiraya or oro is more powerful... kakashi doesnt stack up with those odds...

on whether naruto kyubii is a valid match up, of course hes valid. sasuke can match up against em, the akatsuki have been hunting down these impossibly powerful monsters, the kyubii is no exception to it, its just the most powerful... just because its not human, doesnt mean you can include it in there...humans are capable of taking em down...