PDA

View Full Version : most funny movie ever.

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:35 PM
i just watched kung pow and DAMN that movie is SO good.
i recommend it 2 u all. it's a remake of an old jap movie but they changed the text. if u want 2 lough ure longs out u have 2 watch this movie.
don't watch it if u have an weak heart u will die for sure best commedy i have ever seen i don't think this can be beaten LOL. still loughing my ass off....

SouJirou
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:49 PM
you got bad taste.... simply put ..... bad taste you have

Sensei Jon
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Whenever I saw the trailers when it first came out I thought it looked pretty good. Saw the movie a few weeks ago and it was the dumbest thing I have ever watched in my entire life. Complete waste of time.

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:11 PM
WHAT BAD????
it's one of the best commedy's ever what one off the?? it is the best one. call one which is better??

SouJirou
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Harald and Kumar go to white castle Hitch American pie series i keep on going

Xollence
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:19 PM
OMG Turkish that is the worst movie ever, you must have really bad taste in movies.

kAi
Mon, 03-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Kung Fu Hustle! go out and get it!!!!!

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Damn you all with your modern crap. For real comedy why don't you go and watch some of the classics. Such as some of Mel Brook's earlier work like Blazing Sadles, Space Balls, and The Producers.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Kung Pow was retarded, I'm sorry you have such bad taste in comedy.

SK
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:48 PM
lol your just adding to your idiocracy. now harold and kumar go to white castle, that was funny.

Deblas
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: Sensei Jon
Whenever I saw the trailers when it first came out I thought it looked pretty good. Saw the movie a few weeks ago and it was the dumbest thing I have ever watched in my entire life. Complete waste of time.

It was bad, but not the worst I've seen. You ever seen Napoleon Dynamite?

kooshi
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Kung Pow was absolutely horrible. I think we can speak for the rest of the people in Gotwoot about that movie.
Kung Fu Hustle, well, that was an alright movie. It had many good moments, like the 3 knives part, haha. That was the funniest part in the movie. The best fight scene was with those sound guys.

basey44
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
lol harold and kumar was pretty good

*****SPOILER****

they get to white castle, just incase u wanted to know...

Deblas
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
One the funniest movies I've ever seen has to be Eurotrip. I love the part of the gay italian guy in the train. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jman
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Kung Pow wasn't very funny. The movie is one of those stupid comedies but I honestly didn't laugh all that much.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:16 PM
One of the best comedies I've seen is Old School.

Lefty
Tue, 03-22-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
One the funniest movies I've ever seen has to be Eurotrip. I love the part of the gay italian guy in the train.
That scene is not far from the truth. Traveling by train in Europe is a giant game of rulet whne you lose you lose big. Funniest film, Python holy grail, nuf said.

Turkish-S
Tue, 03-22-2005, 03:42 AM
whow manny kung pow haters here..

but let's change the topic 2 what's ure favo commedy mine is king powi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 08:34 AM
american pie, friday and next friday, harold and kumar, eurotrip, road trip, the wood, meet the parents, dodgeball, meet the fockers.

Jman
Tue, 03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
In no particular order:
Coming to America
Dumb & Dumber
Pet Detective
Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls
Me, Myself & Irene
Meet the Parents
Friday
Friday after Next
Rush Hour (all of them)
Johnny English
Scary Movie 1 2 3
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Kazam...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
All Mel Brooks movies
Robin Hood parody with Gary Elwes and David Chappelle
Most of Jim Carrys movies speciely The Mask,Ace Ventura movies.
Rush Hour

kAi
Tue, 03-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Friday
Robin Hood Men in Tights
Austin Powers
Caddy Shack
Kevin Smith movies together. (Clerks, Mall Rats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)
Happy Gilmore - I like Adam Sandler

and that's all i can think of at this time.

Sensei Jon
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by: Sensei Jon

It was bad, but not the worst I've seen. You ever seen Napoleon Dynamite?

Nope, not yet.

Plan on getting Kung Fu Hustle. I thought The Incredibles was hilarious as well as most Adam Sandler movies. Don't really remember any of the funnier ones I've seen off the top of my head though.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Tue, 03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I liked Kung Pow, Monty Phyon and the holy grial, and meny others.

I would also like to say a few things here

Originally posted by: animemaster
In no particular order:
Coming to America
Dumb & Dumber
Pet Detective <<<<< These are both of the ace Ventura movies
Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls <<<<<
Me, Myself & Irene
Meet the Parents
Friday
Friday after Next
Rush Hour (all of them) <<<<< There was 2
Johnny English <<<<<<This movie was crap on a sitck with piss on it I saw that movie and now I
want that hour and a Half of my life back.

Scary Movie 1 2 3 <<<<<< (All of them)
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Kazam...

KaneDragon
Sun, 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I liked Kung Pow and there's not a **** thing you can do about it!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
I saw it with my friends and had a great time.

A few things I'd like to add, though:

Originally posted by: turkish-shikamaru
i just watched kung pow and DAMN that movie is SO good.
i recommend it 2 u all. it's a remake of an old jap movie but they changed the text. if u want 2 lough ure longs out u have 2 watch this movie.
don't watch it if u have an weak heart u will die for sure best commedy i have ever seen i don't think this can be beaten LOL. still loughing my ass off....
No, it isn't a "remake of an old jap movie".
It isn't a remake of "an old jap movie." They used footage from two different movies (ie the Your clothes are black! scene), but much of the film is new. (and was it Japanese... or Chinese? The original language was Mandrin) It doesn't really count as a remake since they completely replaced the plot, etc... And they didn't just "change the text". They changed the voices, added more stuff to the original footage... (and the new actors speak different English lines that were later replaced with the movie dialog--see "What are they really saying" on the DVD). Gah. Think about what/how you type. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Assertn
Mon, 04-18-2005, 12:43 PM
kung fu hustle is great.....
pretty crazy at times, but great

SK
Mon, 04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
yea i want to see kung fu hustle

Sensei Jon
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Just got Kung Fu Hustle along with a few other movies.

AWESOME movie. Fight scenes were cool and it was pretty funny. Too bad I can only watch it on my computer since my DVD player which is all region is on backorder.

Terracosmo
Mon, 04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Anything by Monty Python.

Shuurai
Tue, 04-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Iron Monkey, Watch it dubbed you will laugh your ass off.

dragon
Tue, 04-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Kung Fu Hustle! go out and get it!!!!!

hah yes kung fu hustle!!!!!!!

Kenshiro
Tue, 04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
If you liked Kung Fu Hustle, watch Shaolin Soccer

Assertn
Tue, 04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
shaolin soccer was the reason i watched kung fu hustle

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
anything which doesn't star ben stiller - seriously, the guy has been get on my nerves latly, it's like every fucking movie he does is the same bad taste less then medicore shit.
Heruld and Kumar go to white castle - one of good ones, i've watched it about seven times...

that about summs the comdey films i've watched during the past year...

oh, and i also hate Jackie Chan movies (except rush hour), espically the older ones, it's like he was trying to make every scene (be it joke or action) 10 times longer than needed..
I recall watching once an Adam Sandler flick, it was pretty decent, i guess.
Austin Powers was pretty good, really memorable too.
man in tights was just hilirious, i remember myself luaghing my ass off in 3 diffrent occasion (set apart by a few years), and so for blazing hoots.
Jim Carry's movies quality varries, but got to admit, the guy is a genius.

oh, and i've watched Jay and Silent bob strike back about 20 times, which reminds me to that i have to watch Dogma already.

Wed, 04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
stephen chow is the funniest man on earth.... kung fu hustle and shaolin soccer are his movies to become an international actor but they really aren't that great

honestly i laugh most of the moments he isn't making a joke

but you guys will never get the real him i'm sorry because i think his talent really is in his language use...

but if you're willing to try find the funniest ... try these movies:

The King of Comedy (no one liked it... but the movie is truly good)
From China with Love (basically an 007 parody... funny as hell)
Tricky brains (the movie that made him famous!)
Hail the Judge(some history about the legal system in china... good stuff)
Flirting Scholar
King of destruction (a story about a man who wanted to be strong)

its not like you guys will watch all of these but hey... my 2 cents
btw KUNG POW is SO GOOD. You have to understand the parody of the old chinese movies

Psyke
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Kung Pow did not take remake any Jap movie, Shika.
Like how Austin Powers makes fun of Bond movies, Kung Pow is a parody of old Hong Kong Kung Fu movies made in the 70s. I enjoyed Kung Pow as well, but I have to admit it's one dumb heck of a movie. : )

Psyke
Thu, 04-21-2005, 01:12 AM
As for the Stephen Chow movies I agree with 010577. His newer movies, Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are obviously aimed at an international audience. Too bad they still pale in comparison to his previous movies. The movies listed by 010577 are a good guide, but he missed out some of the greats like Fight back to School and Chinese Odyssey.

Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by: 010577
stephen chow is the funniest man on earth.... kung fu hustle and shaolin soccer are his movies to become an international actor but they really aren't that great

honestly i laugh most of the moments he isn't making a joke

but you guys will never get the real him i'm sorry because i think his talent really is in his language use...

but if you're willing to try find the funniest ... try these movies:

The King of Comedy (no one liked it... but the movie is truly good)
From China with Love (basically an 007 parody... funny as hell)
Tricky brains (the movie that made him famous!)
Hail the Judge(some history about the legal system in china... good stuff)
Flirting Scholar
King of destruction (a story about a man who wanted to be strong)

its not like you guys will watch all of these but hey... my 2 cents
btw KUNG POW is SO GOOD. You have to understand the parody of the old chinese movies

to add to my list by Psyke:

Fight back to school (a trilogy which really got worse from the first)... but 1 and maybe 2 is still good...
Chinese Oddysey (i love the song in this movie... anyways another character "lo gar ying" is really funny in this movie he is the monk they are all trying to protect)

Winged Dancer
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Anything by Monty Python.

God I love you.

Anyway, yes. Anything by Monty Phyton and Woody Allen... well, the funny ones. I like the others but they are not comedies so I wont talk about them...

I absolutely hated Scary Movie 1 and 2, but the Third was so goddamn funny!! Really, the part of the "original" Ring video, what with the spinning chair and that... a well-done parody is the best thing that could ever happen.

I have yet to see Kung Fu Hussle. I'll have to wait till I get back to Mexico and buy the DVD, but I dont plan on missing it... the cuts I saw in the teather were too funny. And I've heard so much about Shaolin Soccer...! Never seen it, ever, on DVD or TV or anywhere.

basey44
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:21 AM
i saw shaolin soccer a few years ago, it was described to me as DBZ but playing soccer
which was good cos dbz was big at the time

TwisT
Fri, 04-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Both Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle rocked.. Saw Kung Fu Hustle a few weeks ago and Shaolin Soccer several years ago.. It's a shame there have not been a single movie like SS since i saw it untill now that has have that kind of style in it (If it has been other movies like this TELL ME)..

SPOILER!!

The funniest part in KFH was when he is fighting the ppl of that block (or village, town, or whatever it was) and everyone he call forth ether kicked his ass or looked week and when you saw there bodys they where hugh.. Or when he was going to throw the knifes and got stabbed himself.. Damn almost could not breathe of the laughter.. And the action was cool at the same time.. Great movie..

Psyke
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
His older movies based in Hong Kong are much funnier, believe me. But if are more of a effects guy stick with Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle.

PSJ
Fri, 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
anything with jim carrey, adam sandler or ben stiller. top 3 comedians.
Jim carrey is a true genius, i mean he made the grinch watchable.

Turkish-S
Sat, 04-30-2005, 03:57 AM
i just saw kung fu hustle it's pritty good but it's just as stupid as kung pow dunno where the hatred comes from??
maybe becuise i't is a ripoff??..

Sensei Jon
Sat, 04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Kung Fu Hustle is MUCH MUCH better than Kung Pow is. Kung Pow did have its moments, but wouldn't come close in a contest between it and Kung Fu Hustle.

Deblas
Sat, 04-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Just came back from seeing Kun fu hustle. FUNNY AS HELL!! If you haven't seen it yet then you are definetly missing out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kardiva
Sun, 05-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Just came back from seeing Kun fu hustle. FUNNY AS HELL!! If you haven't seen it yet then you are definetly missing out.

realllly??.... i have been telling everyone about that movie. no one wants to see it with me though, i guess i'll wait till i go home. im glad that people liked it though, i hate wasting my money on movies.

Board of Command
Sun, 05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Old School still remains the best comedy I've seen. Will Ferrell is the man.

Kardiva
Sun, 05-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Old School still remains the best comedy I've seen. Will Ferrell is the man.

Will Ferrell sure makes some baadd movies though. i think i'll die complaining if i ever have to sit through anchor man again. The only person worse than Ferrell is that guy from Napolean Dynamite. good lord...everyone says that people either love it or hate it, but i think you're crazy if you like it but you're also crazy if you dont like it, since you actually sat through the whole thing.