PDA

View Full Version : Help Out a Noob

Astronopolis
Sat, 03-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone, im new to the forum, so please be gentle i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ive started watching naruto around ep 118(?) and would like to know what has led up to the current events surrounding the characters right now. I dont men for you guys to get me transcripts or anything, just like a few bits and peices of info that is important for me to know about the series.

Actually you know what, all i really want to know is how did sasuke get in that barrel? (lol looking for pickles) why were the sound (was it sound? i might be wrong) ppl carrying him off? was he to be the next body for orochimaru? why was "bone boy" on life support one minute and then all out kicking ass the next? why is saskue evil now since emerging from the barrel? Hopefully you guys can give me a clue. Thanks!

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Damn man, watch the series! But okay...

Sasuke got in that barrel because he must do that in order to reach curse seal level 2 (the mode when you start lookin' like a demon).
The sound people were carrying him off because yes he's the next body for Oro.
Bone boy was on life support but used sheer will-power in order to make sure the barrel reaches Oro, whom he worships.
Sasuke is now "evil" because he has left his old friends of the leaf village behind in order to go to Orochimaru. From him he is hoping to gain power, power he needs to kill his elder brother Itachi. He believes that killing him is his only purpose for existing and thus it's all that matters to him. He is not necessarily evil though, just obsessed. He doesn't want to go back at all.

Astronopolis
Sat, 03-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Hahaha! i knew somebody was going to tell me to watch the series, i am such an easy mark for flamers(not that i think youre flaming me). The only reason i dont watch the series from the beginning is nobody is seeding it anymore, and although i have a fair amount of free time, i dont have THAT much free time, haha although it very well may be free time well spent...

Anyway, thanks for the info! I was suspending my disbeleif for so long that I had started to make up my own backstories for the characters (for a while i was telling myself that sasuke fell into a barrel of pickles, and everyone knows how much the sound guys love pickles, so they stole them, and our heroes were just defending the pickle supply. However! Being in such close quarters with pickles for an extended amount of time drives you insane, hence all of sasukes giggling and running around like a loony).

so was he still with the good guys when he was put in that barrel? and do the good guys have level 2 seals? (god i hope this doesnt turn into DragonBall Z with the level baloney) how much time must one spend in a barrel (lol) before you get level 2?

woofcat
Sat, 03-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Hmm. This is woofcats version. Yes its crappy but I am also bored so her it comes.

In the start of the series Naruto and Saskue are rivals and they still are to current day. Saskue is way better than Naruto and well anything, but Naruto has his extreme will and huge amounts of Chakra from the Daemon Nine Tails Fox that lives inside of him.

Naruto became a Ninja by mastering one of the skills in the scroll of forbidden technices.

His Sensi is Kaskashi. Kakashi is one cool cat. He became a jounin (Highest rank you can get before leader of the village) at age 6.

Itachi (Saskues older brother) killed his entire family and all there relatives excluding Saskue because he wanted to test himself as a ninja, Itachi was a ANBU (special Tactics and Assassination squad) Captain at age 13 i think. This is why Saskue wants to kill Itatchi.

Itatchi is INSANYLY strong. Oro who saskue is seeking power from is scared of Itatchi and knows that he is to powerful for him.

Umm, Anything else you want to know. That is just a very very thin crust of an outline. I hope it kinda explains things.

Ohh an yes i know about my horrible spelling no need to point it out.

Assertn
Sat, 03-19-2005, 06:02 PM
also, in terms of jutsus.....there are..

taijutsu = hand to hand combat
genjutsu = illusions
ninjutsu = pretty much anything else (fire, summons, kage bunshin....)

there are also advanced bloodlines, special abilities passed down genetically within certain clans (like kimimaro's bone ability)

then there's the curse seals, those black marks that orochimaru gives to his minions, which increase a person's abilities greatly, but wears on their body.

then there's also demon seals.....where a demon is actually sealed into a person's body. Both Naruto and Gaara have demons sealed inside them, and these tend to provide the greatest amount of power of all, if a person can control those demon powers, anyway.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Flaming? It's advice. If you like a series, watch it, because our summaries can never do it justice. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BTW, are you obsessed with pickles?

jing
Sat, 03-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Watch the series, the better part of the series is at the beginning anyway.

frexeze
Sat, 03-19-2005, 06:19 PM
you'll enjoy it so much more if you watch from the beginning
try irc or something

i share the whole series when i'm at school, but thats only on the network within the university so it doesnt count against my bandwidth

Astronopolis
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, I thought maybe if i knew a bit more about the series that i would be satisfied, but nope, just more questions arise!

I think ill try irc like frexeze said, but shit, i gotta whole lot of work ahead of me with 117 eps! maybe i can get by with watching flashback eps? i think that comes down to like 54 hours or so to catch up, not counting dl time lol.

Well anyway, thanks for your time and thoughts! maybe some other posters would like to post questions about the series while were at it?

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, it's 54 wonderful hours. And you don't have to watch it all at once.

It's nice to see a newbie with manners and proper grammar, by the way. And the pickle obsession is a cute touch. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

basey44
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
The only reason i dont watch the series from the beginning is nobody is seeding it anymore

u can get it from this site, its the best quality naruto around, just got to the torrents section and scroll down, they come in batches of 25

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Watch the series, thats stupid as all hell to start watching the series from some point other than the beginning....wtf is the point in that. Thats like watching the last part of a movie and never watching the other parts. And your excuse of no one seeding it is pathetic. You can dl most of the series from www.boxtorrents.com and the rest is on here.

frexeze
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
Watch the series, thats stupid as all hell to start watching the series from some point other than the beginning....wtf is the point in that. Thats like watching the last part of a movie and never watching the other parts. And your excuse of no one seeding it is pathetic. You can dl most of the series from www.boxtorrents.com and the rest is on here.

wow someone's pms'ing

Xollence
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:45 PM
You should be able to download the whole series in a day.

There's a lot of sites that offer Naruto direct dowloads, so you might even be able to finish downloading in a few hours. http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/entertainment/animemanga/dd/

Astronopolis
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel

you know, youre right, what was i thinking?

fuck you

anyway, to the people here with brains, i forgot to mention the puny size of my hard drive (4 gigs) im lucky if i can fit 7 eps at a time in there, not to mention im trying to watch a bunch of other series simultaneously, so i only really have enough room for like 3 naruto eps at a time, so batch torrents are a no goi/expressions/brokenheart.gif

is it feasible that irc will have them all individually (ive never dled off irc before)?

oh yeah and thanks again guys, im gonna be a full-fledged Narutard by next weekend!

P.S. Is there some sort of way to give you guys some sort of renoun points? if not i hope you guys would be satisfied with a round of free beer!! i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/beer.gif

frexeze
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by: Astronopolis
is it feasible that irc will have them all individually (ive never dled off irc before)?

yeah, in IRC they are all individual episodes via xdcc

/server irc.rizon.net
#animeone

Assertn
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:01 AM
well, some people's profiles have rating systems set up i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

HokageSama
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Let me be the first to say "Welcome to the forums!!"

There are many sites that still have torrents for the earlier episodes. www.toriyamaworld.com might still have some torrents (if they haven't taken them down because of the licensing). But it pays to look around.

Also if you are not in any hurry to get the anime, I suggest some light reading of a spin-off series called "The New Adventures of Sakon" right here in this very forum.

Enjoy!

saeadeb
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:07 AM
If dling them proves too difficult, after you tried stuff like DC++ and those sites and torrents, you could try to get someone to mail them as a last resort. If you can find someone that nice, and organized. I tried to save some but I keep misplacing them and deleting some.

Assertn
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:21 AM
whoa, hokagesama....despite being a member for so long......i have absolutely no idea who you are

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Who cares who he is. The man reads New Adventures of Sakon, great taste!
But seriously, with such a low post count it isn't strange. Name is familiar from the old times... but that's probably because it's fairly generic.

Zippy
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:48 AM
also if u get something that supposrts P2P networking (limewire) u can get the EPs individually there too

HokageSama
Sun, 03-20-2005, 05:21 AM
I try to be discreet. I do not post unless it is absolutely necessary...

AssertnFailure, you do not need to know who i am, unless you need to know who i am, you know? all you have to do is ask i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

btw Terra, i've been wondering, what does the sound country's only mansion look like? maybe barb can envision it and give it a form.

anyway, back on topic. like zippy said, P2P is probably a good way to get old episodes. there are a few good ones, Ares, Shareaza, eMule to name just a few.

Zippy
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:58 AM
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml this is the limewire one if you want to go on P2P networking... if you're going to get it get the basic cause it's free... after that you really don't need a guide to use it; it is pretty easy

Werder
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey Astronopolis, hope you're enjoying what little you've seen of Naruto - can I suggest you download the manga and read that? Either with the anime or as a replacement? You can download all the volumes up to this weeks' chapter from www.narutochuushin.com -all translations are by Inane, and they are considered pretty good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Edit: just seeing if I can make that a proper link.. www.narutochuushin.com (http://www.narutochuushin.com) (new to this whole forum using thing) woohoo! It worked!

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:18 PM
yeh werder made good suggestion reading the manga will go much faster than watching all the anime if u dont wanna spend time downloading then watching then deleting. i'd suggest jus reading manga up to where u've began to watch the anime but its kinda ur choice wat to do, these r jus suggestions

Oakleya
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Im using BitComet to download from the batch torrent.. that you can actually choose which episodes you want to download though.

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
^ u can do that w/ BitTornado too but nobody's seeding the old batches anymore so him downloading with any torrent system wudnt really work out for him.

Astronopolis
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:55 AM
ha yeah, reading the manga would be an intelligent idea, so much so that im gonna just pretend that i came up with that one myself hehe. no but seriously good idea Werder, and thanks a million for the link! (i hear the manga is better anyway)

i just want to take this oppurtunity to say what an awesome bunch of guys here at Gotwoot! i really must say, its hard to find a place with as many helpful people as there are here, you guys are all i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-21-2005, 03:04 AM
No probs Astro. I hope you know where to send the money. ;D

Werder
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:52 PM
What? You think our services are free? Man, you came to the wrong place!!! i/expressions/devil.gif

juuuuuust kiddingi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

That's why I eventually joined - this forum is full of great people. And Mut@t@. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

frexeze
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by: HokageSama
Let me be the first to say "Welcome to the forums!!"

There are many sites that still have torrents for the earlier episodes. www.toriyamaworld.com might still have some torrents (if they haven't taken them down because of the licensing). But it pays to look around.

Also if you are not in any hurry to get the anime, I suggest some light reading of a spin-off series called "The New Adventures of Sakon" right here in this very forum.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by: HokageSama
I try to be discreet. I do not post unless it is absolutely necessary...

i fail to see how that first post was absolutely necessary i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mage
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
The series isn't really that good and the story is slow, boring, and very predictable. If you're thinking about starting to watch Naruto, think again. Oh yeah, the animation sucks ass too.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: mage
The series isn't really that good and the story is slow, boring, and very predictable. If you're thinking about starting to watch Naruto, think again. Oh yeah, the animation sucks ass too.

gee, why the hell r u posting inside the naruto anime thread if ur jus gonna bitch about how much u hate it? go somewhere else to do that ur not exactly giving astro a welcoming either. he said he WANTED suggestions on how to watch naruto and he said he likes it, i'm not sure he asked anybody to tell him whether he shud watch it.

Back on topic now: astro i forget if u said this but u shud delete the older episodes of naruto, and then fill that spot on ur harddrive w/ manga then as ur harddrive begins to clutter delete manga download new. (but i suggest only up to ep 118) as u said wuz where u started. and then each week as naruto comes out DL the ep.

Astronopolis
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the pointers Chaos!

on another note, this goes out to mage and frexeze: i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

inudias
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Most sights have dropped the torrents because of the announcement of the licensing. And those that are still carrying the torrents, well, their download time on the torrents is so long it is just not worth it. However, there are some that are willing to send the episodes attached to an email. If need be, just ask, Ill send them. My email is - inudias@yahoo.com

Madell
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:09 AM
you should start watching the series man, you've damn missed some cool stuff
i started watching this year in 3 months i've wtached 103 epi's allmost to the new ones i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

WarkWark
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:51 PM
I have the same problem as you, being on a modem with an older computer, watching naruto on my comp is pretty crappy.. choppy graphics and sound, not to mention the nearly 24 hour download time per episode. Even though this series is free, I would suggest spending about 20 dollars to buy the anime on DVD from ebay, I have bought till 126 on ebay and they are usually pretty good cd's with nice art on them. Also you can then watch them on your xbox or dvd player, while relaxing instead of hurting your eyes on your crappy computer. good luck.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I like Naruto and it is good. Pickles are good too, but they have to be fresh, they are not good if they are left out. Pretzels are good, but you have to have a drink, because they are salty. I don't know of any salty drinks, except for margaritas, and they are making you want to drink more. Naruto > Pickles.

Roko
Thu, 03-24-2005, 01:20 AM
definitely watch it...i got my friend into it, and he caught up in less than a week o_O

lol, we all love pickles and pretzels =P

Y
Thu, 03-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: inudias
Most sights have dropped the torrents because of the announcement of the licensing. And those that are still carrying the torrents, well, their download time on the torrents is so long it is just not worth it. However, there are some that are willing to send the episodes attached to an email. If need be, just ask, Ill send them. My email is - inudias@yahoo.com

You can't attach 170MB files to your email.

This is to everyone who posted in this thread:
This thread has gotten severly off topic. This thread already served its purpose of asking original poster's questions. 95% of the information and resources someone needs can be found by searching through our forums. If you still can't find the answer you need, please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

I don't want to lock this thread, please stay on topic.

GotWoot Moderator