PDA

View Full Version : Episode 22 Discussion

danholo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:38 AM
The 22nd Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny has been released RAW by SaiyaMan.

This is looking to be a good episode, just like the last one or even better. Can't wait for the story to pick up because it's already simmering.

intense
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:22 AM
good episode. all talk excpet for the ending when kira shows up

AND YES. i love that expression on everyone. hahahaha die arthur!

Guardian_2000
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Definately good stuff. As it would appear Stellar has forgotten about Shinn after going into that chamber where they sleep. I think their brainwaves are monitored and possibly altered while in that stasis. The ending of the episode was priceless. Right up there where Kira interupts the wedding and Mia answering the door of Athrun's room.

**SPOILER**
Something like this

"Tannhauser powering up"
beam charges as cannon emerges from the ship readying to fire
Arthur- "FIRE!"
Just as the cannon is about to fire a lone green beam rifle shot pierces diagonally through it and the whole thing blows up leaving a mess for the front of the Minerva. Everyone is frantically looking around to see where the shot came from and then enters freedom. Gasps aloud
"FREEDOM!!"
Athrun- "Kira!?"

**END SPOILER**

Damn I can't wait to see the next episode its gonna be f*ing awesome. Alot of talking in this ep but well worth it for the ending we get.

VDude
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Does anyone have a link for a fansub of this episode?

danholo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Yo man, the RAW has just been released. Give the fansubbers some time. I betcha they're busy as it is. So, if you're impatient, you can download the raw. If not, wait a day or two and one of the three groups will release their sub.

PTX-003C
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:35 PM
strike appeared in ep22....XD
NOTE: not strike rouge....is STRIKE!!.

Mite Gai
Sat, 03-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Which site could i find the raw on?

Cion
Sat, 03-19-2005, 04:15 PM
heh nice ending.

you can find it on SaiyaMan site

benjaminz
Sat, 03-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by: PTX-003C
strike appeared in ep22....XD
NOTE: not strike rouge....is STRIKE!!.
I don't remember Strike appearing in this episode...

Oh well, I can't want to see the look on Arthur's face when Freedom kicks ass next episode, "Our Shinn and the Impulse are better than Freedom!" my ass.
Oh, and I wonder if Shinn's going to go OMFG FREEDOM FUKCYUOUE*THAUIWELHAWIFUAWGYAIESFHAWDUIL!!!!!!!!!! !!!111one~!~
heh heh...

PeachGirl
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:26 PM
waaa kira to the rescue!!!! i hate shinn!!! my heart was pounding when freedom appeared and then it just ends, when does the subbed one come out?

intense
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:40 PM
freedom will rule this battle. but watch, when new things come, freedom is gonna suck.

Azn_ATran
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:59 PM
freedom will rule this battle. but watch, when new things come, freedom is gonna suck.

i agree with intense on this one. I think they going to get something new in

Barumonk
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't know about that. Even though Freedom is becomming outdated, its still extremely overpowered at long range combat - if for no other reason that being able to destroy/disable five mobile suits at once. Unless the next generation of gundams are nuclear powered-positron cannon/shield wearing beasts that wield 4 lightsabers *cough*general greivous*cough* --err beam sabers at once, then I doubt Freedom will become instantly crappy. >.>

Edit: err, and the guy mentioning Strike before was refering to the very short scene where a gundam, that you assume is Impulse, cuts another random mobile suit in half, but if you look closely before it scrolls up you see that they accidentally used Strike instead. Its near 21m 27s.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Azumaria/strike.jpg

Guardian_2000
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Strike does appear in this ep for those that didn't know. Apparently I'm not the only one who has picked up on this. Is it going around on alot of other boards. I've only mentioned it in two others now. Anyways. If you are watching the RAW goto this spot and watch. Its almost a whole second of screen time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

21:27

Impulse does its third saber kill on an astray. But as they show Impulse performing a downwards strike cutting through the astray it cuts to black with just the saber halfway through and then you see Strike finishing the cut but its still cutting through the astray as it pans up to show. It was quite funny and the first time I had to do a double take. I wasn't quite sure I had seen Strike. But Mwu lives lol. JK.

SPOILER

I guess next ep will be the end of Heine? Maybe its the ep after that. Either way Freedom will bring about his demise in one form or another.. Poor guy

/SPOILER

TeknoXI
Sun, 03-20-2005, 01:21 AM
As said before by Barumonk, no new model of mobile suit is going to compete with Freedom unless it's nuclear powered with double the fire power. Even then, Kira is going to give it a run for its money. He owns. If anything, I'd expect something like Kruze's mobile suit in the last few eps of Gundam SEED.

If they bring out a new mobile suit model, what if they kept a rebuilt Meteor lying around for the occasion? They rebuilt Freedom, why not the mobile armor it wears as well?

I think it would be funny if Savior gets destroyed later (but Athrun lives) and he join Kira and they give him Justice. Ah, that would bring back memories.

I can't wait till this gets subbed. I want to know what the hell they are saying...

PTX-003C
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by: TeknoXI
As said before by Barumonk, no new model of mobile suit is going to compete with Freedom unless it's nuclear powered with double the fire power. Even then, Kira is going to give it a run for its money. He owns. If anything, I'd expect something like Kruze's mobile suit in the last few eps of Gundam SEED.

If they bring out a new mobile suit model, what if they kept a rebuilt Meteor lying around for the occasion? They rebuilt Freedom, why not the mobile armor it wears as well?

I think it would be funny if Savior gets destroyed later (but Athrun lives) and he join Kira and they give him Justice. Ah, that would bring back memories.

I can't wait till this gets subbed. I want to know what the hell they are saying...

first....something will appear that FREEDOM can't beat later on...
90% it is piloted by Steller, which is the black shadow in op2

second...metear is made for SPACE!!
and Kira is occationally on EARTH!!
well...i know SEED MSV did realease a earth use Metear....but i kinda doubt that will show up..
after all....Eternal is not around.....

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I have always been wondering about the meteor system... Although the Justice did explode... (WHICH REALLY SUCKED.. BUT I GUESS IT WAS NECESSARY... I like Justice too...) the meteor system for the Justice was never destroyed... Athrun only ditched it in order get inside the G.E.N.E.S.I.S to stop it from firing .. So I guess the Meteor system for the Justice might still be around???? I guess with time.. we will see..

Also, I have an idea that we will see another mobile suit other than the Destiny Gundam... During the 2nd (current opening) where we see that one scene with the Destiny and Freedom.. there was this one HUGE black MS in the background.. Could it be a Gundam?? Or something ZAFT have in secret???? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ps: FREEDOM DOESN'T and Probably won't SUCK!!!! How can such a beautifully designed gundam ever suck unless something similar to it comes around???

zechin
Sun, 03-20-2005, 05:34 AM
you guys are forgetting the new destiny gundam, that will be comparable with freedom

Guardian_2000
Sun, 03-20-2005, 08:06 AM
That new gundam you guys are referring to has just recently been appearing in japanese image boards for the past week and now it would seem that gunota has posted it so here you go.

Colossus Gundam ? (http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/colossus.jpg)

Looks like you were alil slow on the edit there barumonk.

Barumonk
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
That new gundam you guys are referring to has just recently been appearing in japanese image boards for the past week and now it would seem that gunota has posted it so here you go.

Colossus Gundam ? (http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/colossus.jpg)

Looks like you were alil slow on the edit there barumonk.

Shouldn't that be in the spoilers thread? ^^;; and I edited my last post 3 times, the 3rd time was for the image after you had posted. I didn't think there was any reason to make another post simply for the strike picture.

Aside from the lineart on the Destiny gundam, we know next to nothing about its specs. I don't think the chairman is going to break the nuclear treaty so quickly (even if it already dissolved politically), which means I doubt anything ZAFT makes right now will be nuclear powered. One of the reasons Freedom is so powerful is that it can throw any number of beam shots and never worry about its power consumption. Unless Destiny can somehow match this or find a way around it then I doubt even Destiny would make Freedom look crappy. The only way around this that I can think of is that Destiny is an EA mobile suit. They wouldnt hesitate to make a nuclear powered suit, and they also have incredible shield abilities.

... and on a completely different note, there needs to be more Yzak and Dearka.

Edit: o.O Two slip ups in one episode, counting Strike's appearance. Last episode and this episode are both labelled "Phase-21" right after the OP.

PeachGirl
Sun, 03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
i agree there should be more Yzak and Dearka. Dearka and that Milly girl need to hook up or something. ahh Kira can defeat that ugly black gundam

idontnoh
Sun, 03-20-2005, 01:10 PM
i swear if freedom becomes a second-rate gundam imma be very pissed...also deakka needs a better suit than some shitty zaku.

PTX-003C
Sun, 03-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by: idontnoh
i swear if freedom becomes a second-rate gundam imma be very pissed...also deakka needs a better suit than some shitty zaku.

first....don't you dare insult zakus....without zakus...gundam won't exsist!!
second...that huge gundam will prolly piloted by Steller....and killed by Shinn...
and Freedom is goingi to turn into Nu-Freedom sooner or later..

TeknoXI
Sun, 03-20-2005, 01:51 PM

first....don't you dare insult zakus....without zakus...gundam won't exsist!!
second...that huge gundam will prolly piloted by Steller....and killed by Shinn...
and Freedom is goingi to turn into Nu-Freedom sooner or later..

Man, you better say something about your post being a spoiler before you say what it is...jeez...annoying.

Optimaximal
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:28 PM
if that Colossus Gundam 'is' the new big bad suit, then its a direct ripoff of the Psycho Gundam from Zeta (even down to the colour and huge size)...

Next thing they'll tell us that Stellar was the fourth person from a certain institute that creates these 'human computers'...

hell, Andy's new (and yet unseen) mobile suit is called the Murasame... ring any bells Zeta lovers?

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Destiny Gundam does not even come close to the Freedom without knowing fully the specs of that suit.. We can't compare that... What we can say, is that the Destiny gundam's design is very simple and plain... there isn't much detail on that suit that makes it look impressive.. I for one was really disappointed when I saw this new gundam.. sure it has a wing system like the Freedom.. but i thought it would be more detailed...

For those of you who are wondering how the Destiny Gundam really looks like or any other MS in SEED Destiny right now.. GO TO www.gundam-seed-d.net to find out yourself..i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

That HUGE black Gundam being piloted by Stellar... I am really not sure that is for sure...

Also, Gundams CAN exist without Zaku's... Have you seen Gundam Wing or Gundam X or G Gundam...??? (but G-Gundam wasn't that good..) Zaku's are only suits for basic skill pilots..

I can't agree with Idontnoh more.. Deakka needs a suit either similar to the Buster or something like the Heavyarms...

PTX-003C
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by: ZeroJquan
Destiny Gundam does not even come close to the Freedom without knowing fully the specs of that suit.. We can't compare that... What we can say, is that the Destiny gundam's design is very simple and plain... there isn't much detail on that suit that makes it look impressive.. I for one was really disappointed when I saw this new gundam.. sure it has a wing system like the Freedom.. but i thought it would be more detailed...

For those of you who are wondering how the Destiny Gundam really looks like or any other MS in SEED Destiny right now.. GO TO www.gundam-seed-d.net to find out yourself..

Also, this guy PTX-003C You said that the Nu-Freedom thing along with that HUGE black Gundam being piloted by Stellar... WHERE ARE YOUR SOURCES!!!!
SHOW US A LINK THAT YOU HAVE PROOF OF THIS??? I went to search on google for denki hobby and found nothing about Denki Hobby. Show us the site for this Nu-Freedom.

Also, Gundams CAN exist without Zaku's... Have you seen Gundam Wing or Gundam X or G Gundam...??? (but G-Gundam wasn't that good..) Zaku's are only suits for basic skill pilots..

I can't agree with Idontnoh more.. Deakka needs a suit either similar to the Buster or something like the Heavyarms...

proof? plz look in zeta gundam from the U.C. series...and note this, destiny's story is directly copied from zeta

and denki hobby is a book...you smart kid....and the world "denki" is in kanji.....of course you can't find it...

and about Nu-Freedom...look in ED2 of destiny...you can find a lot of difference from that and freeom from before....and we already have destiny's picture...so we can be quite sure that's Nu-Freedom...

about what i said about zakus....plz...go back and watch One Year War.....zeon developed the first mobile suit in history, which is zaku. and zaku did very well on battlefields...that's why federation started to invent gundam. so conclusion is, without zakus, gundam will not appear

and plz...if you are menting wing,x or G.....about Wing...it's completly bullshit, no units is actually possible to do single unit assalt. and that beam rifle completely bent the law of physics.
if you want to know more accurate infos...plz look at the U.C. series....

intense
Sun, 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
22 out by seed-fansubs

episode 22 (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/[SEED-Fansubs]%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2022.avi.torrent)

danholo
Sun, 03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
There has been an almost simultaneous release of episode 22 by Haro^2&Tori^2 (http://www.point-blank.cc:7000/torrents/%5BHaro%5E2_Tori%5E2%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_22_%5B61914528%5D.avi.torrent?info_hash=188f5555f c41a8339dff6aae3ca115f3620c07bd). For those who prefer their release, click the link to get it!

Zeeny
Sun, 03-20-2005, 08:51 PM
hey guys if u dun really mind spoilers, try going to this blog site http://aeug.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_aeug_archive.html not a bad site if u're into spoilers.

Barumonk
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
proof? plz look in zeta gundam from the U.C. series...and note this, destiny's story is directly copied from zeta

and denki hobby is a book...you smart kid....and the world "denki" is in kanji.....of course you can't find it...

and about Nu-Freedom...look in ED2 of destiny...you can find a lot of difference from that and freeom from before....and we already have destiny's picture...so we can be quite sure that's Nu-Freedom...

about what i said about zakus....plz...go back and watch One Year War.....zeon developed the first mobile suit in history, which is zaku. and zaku did very well on battlefields...that's why federation started to invent gundam. so conclusion is, without zakus, gundam will not appear

and plz...if you are menting wing,x or G.....about Wing...it's completly bullshit, no units is actually possible to do single unit assalt. and that beam rifle completely bent the law of physics.
if you want to know more accurate infos...plz look at the U.C. series....

I said this before in another thread, although I dont think it was directed at you at that time: Please take your universal century elitism somewhere else. This board has had a pleasent lack of it, and there is no reason to bring it here now. This is a discussion board about Gundam SEED Destiny, not how its a ripoff, tribute, or whatever else you can think of, to Zeta - or how UC is so much better than SEED. There is already a thread that discusses this topic (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=14186&enterthrea d=y), so if you could please keep it in there and actually make this board enjoyable for those who just don't give a shit about UC, please? Every other mobile suit related forum is already full of UC elitists, if you really want to start a discussion I could recommend well over 100 other boards.

Note that this is simply a request, i'm not a moderator or anything.

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey PTX-003C,

If you read what i put up on the forum.. u will know that I edit everything.. i even cut out the part on NU-freedom.. thing... Didnt you check before putting up a reply??? Also, your theory on Zaku is interesting.. but that doesn't change the fact that Sunrise has made various other gundam series without ZAKUs... please keep your opinion to yourself... and stop putting up spoilers for people...

asianfriend3
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:58 PM
"possible spoilers"

great episode but you have to admit doesnt it just bug the crap outta you that they leave you with an ending like that. i mean dang but that heine dude is pretty cool dude i thought he was gonna be like this real stuck up guy for a while.

another thing that i kinda noticed. when freedom shot the tannhauser, btw why is it a called a tannhauser shouldnt it be lohengrin or whatever, anyways, when it shot the tannhauser the beam came from below or at least i'm very sure it did but noticed that freedom came outta the sky.

Maverick-DBZ-
Mon, 03-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by: asianfriend3
"possible spoilers"

another thing that i kinda noticed. when freedom shot the tannhauser, btw why is it a called a tannhauser shouldnt it be lohengrin or whatever, anyways, when it shot the tannhauser the beam came from below or at least i'm very sure it did but noticed that freedom came outta the sky.

I just checked out that scene frame by frame. When the guy says fire and it cuts to the next scene the beam had already went though the tannhauser.

PTX-003C
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by: ZeroJquan
Hey PTX-003C,

If you read what i put up on the forum.. u will know that I edit everything.. i even cut out the part on NU-freedom.. thing... Didnt you check before putting up a reply??? Also, your theory on Zaku is interesting.. but that doesn't change the fact that Sunrise has made various other gundam series without ZAKUs... please keep your opinion to yourself... and stop putting up spoilers for people...

well...about destiny...i have absolutely no comment....
but if is back to U.C.....because every single story is linked to each other...so zakus has to come before gundam
and zakus didn't appear apart from destiny and U.C. series

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:03 AM
That was fucking awesome, as usual. Now I just need the other 21 episodes before it since I moved PC. Bah. Collection needs. Anyway, Heine was great. Might acquire favorite character status at this pace, woohoo! It was really funny too. Yuuna's puking and "cool name for an operation eh?"

SPOILER!!!???!?!?!!?! (guardian 2000)

What do you mean Heine's demise? Is he dying already?! If that was a real spoiler I'll kill you for not putting a better space in between.
NVM I checked the other thread to confirm it. Ah well. Was starting to like him...

Wren
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by: Maverick-DBZ-

"possible spoilers"

I just checked out that scene frame by frame. When the guy says fire and it cuts to the next scene the beam had already went though the tannhauser.

EAF calls it lohengrin; zaft calls it tanhauser; but its basically teh same thing. both are positron cannons.

hybridchild
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by: Optimaximal

hell, Andy's new (and yet unseen) mobile suit is called the Murasame... ring any bells Zeta lovers?

Yeah it does but the Murasame isnt yet unseen, they the new transforming Astray type suits orb ar using, Saviour fights a couple of them at ORB when trying to hook up with the Minerva and theyre being hacked up in ep 22 aswell.

Incidently anyone who knows the history of the Dardanelles Straights will probably have realised just how much of a cluster fuck this battle will turn out to be, just like every other one that was fought there.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Hopefully Murasame the suit is cooler than the girl.

hybridchild
Mon, 03-21-2005, 02:57 AM
It already looks to be but ive always liked the Astray's and tbh being cooler than her isn't that hard

Turkish-S
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:44 AM
whow nice epi..
i hope we wil get some Heine action next time wanne see where he is capable off.
but uhm is he german??
heine westenfluss sound verry germen

zechin
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:55 AM
ahh but yes, you can't just say destiny is had good specs or bad. because it hasnt been released in the series yet. And if freedom is gonna rome around there for sure there gonna have to try and make better mobile suits to stand a chance. So my expectations for the new upcoming gundams is that they will all be around up equal standard

chitgoks
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:21 AM
NU - FREEDOM? i wasnt able to see the edited version. is this an advanced freedom that will be in destiny? if that is so, then nothing can beat kira hehehe. yeeehaaa!!! bad ending for episode 22. was soooo pissed when kira appeared. now it's gona be another week till we see what's going to happen in episode 23 he he he

idontnoh
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:31 AM
we get to see andy bartfields unit!! whooo!! Also anyone else think athuran and kira are gonna duke it out again?? if they do, 2-1 odds with kira the favorite, but my money goes on athuran =)

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:16 PM
IMO, Kira was probably just asked by Cagalli to spare the Orb fleet... thats why he blew up the Minerva's Tahnhauser...
He isn't going to actively engage either fleet (since they [the 3SA] holds no alliegiance, despite wearing EA/Orb uniforms...

But apparantly next episode is also the last we see of Heine (apparantly at the hands of Kira), so obviously he either attacks Freedom in his Gouf and gets a smackdown or gets caught in the crossfire as Kira whips out his Überguns and wastes everything...
This'll remind Shinn of how Freedom killed his parents (or did they?) and he'll go psycho in SEED mode, damaging the Freedom and getting the Impulse trashed at the same time... That leaves the plot open for Destiny to be unveiled and Freedom to be upgraded...

This is all guesswork, but its clear that Shinn is going to go apeshit on Kira sooner or later...

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM
sorry, bloody firefox gave me a 404 error so I reposted...

Guardian_2000
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Um double post. Anyways Terracosmo can you imagine the salary they'd have to pay for that va? Of course its gonna be short.

Ep 23 is gonna be kick ass.

Aramis
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Gahh what's that Kira doing...that was a suprise...busted the cannon...saved yuna...why =/
I guess with the assassination attempt, he considers ZAFT rotten to the core. Plus he doesn't yet know who's steering the Saviour. Yep, Kira is the confused one here. Whats he gonna do, kill them all? He isn't on EA's side either.
Well, gotta wait for next ep..

PSJ
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:16 PM
awesome ep i loved it.

heine seems to be an awesome guy, hope we will se him in action next ep. and the scene where he talks to asuran was very nicely done with the hair flowing in the wind and all, great stuff.
i also liked how yuuna supplies a bit of comedy everytime he gets screen time a funny guy indeed.
and the orgasm-like ending, the best ending in a long while, and to the person who said the ending sucked, how can you not like one of these endings that pumps you up completly, i love it.
next ep kira will own this morons, i personally hope he disarms the EA/ORB forces quickly and proceeds to take down the minerva and then disappears into the night or something cool.

narutosharingan
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM
This was an amazing episode. And greeaat ending. What a cliffhanger. I am pretty sure that Archangel is going to try and find a way to stop them from fighting. That IS their purpose anyway. Why else would he have destroyed the Tannhauser? So it should be interesting to hear the dialogues between Kira, Asuran, Archangel, Minerva, and the EAF/ORB forces, especially ORB, since Kagari will be there.

intense
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
awesome episode. althought it did seem like it was too fast.
kick ass freedom! kill arthur... too bad the explosion from the tanhausser wasnt big enough to wipe out the room with arthur in it. damn!

Astronopolis
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM
did anyone else notice the little pink peice of something shinn put in a jar? what was that?

jing
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Its the thing that Stellar gave him.

I haven't seen it clearly... but it seems to be a sea shell perhaps.

intense
Mon, 03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
maybe its a chipped of piece from the cellphone 0_o. nice theory ei?

Knives122
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
finally saw it; that was a rather nice episode if I do say so myself and even though I already knew about Freedom at the end it was still a big rush seeing it(that noise it made when it came out of the sun(you know what I mean) was pretty cool). Poor Shinn(who cares) guess we'll get to see Kira explaining him self

Aeon
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Worst ending ever, this needed to be an hr special now I have to wait and see why Kira attacked them. And Heine is cool glad he did join up with them but why are they being benched while Shinn and Athrun fight like 100 mobile suits??? I need to see more of what Heine can do in his Gouf.

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Worst ending ever, this needed to be an hr special now I have to wait and see why Kira attacked them. And Heine is cool glad he did join up with them but why are they being benched while Shinn and Athrun fight like 100 mobile suits??? I need to see more of what Heine can do in his Gouf.

I don't think the Gouf & the Zakus can fly properly... (They could on the PLANTS because of the reduced gravity)

danholo
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:52 PM
This was a cool episode and created anticipation for more! I mean finally.. Episodes after Kira/AA comeback and preceding ep 21 have been truly horrible. I mean boring to the core.

Actually I knew that Freedom would appear and I know what'll happen next episode, but the ending was still awesome. Freedom is such a cool Gundam, IMO. It's too bad that I've been spoiled for the next ep but it should have some pretty interesting stuff. For those who are interested, go to AnimeSuki's forum for the spoilers but I would advise against it!

XwingRob
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Damn it, stop tempting me with your spoilers! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Anyways, I really liked this episode.
That part with Stellar kinda made me go aww with the whole "What's this?"
Anyways one comment by Neo-"I'm starting to be evil like the old man" or something like that... is really starting to make me think its Mwu more than ever..

Board of Command
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:25 PM
My quick summary:

1. Shinn reserves a "Stellar Jar", hoping she'll give him more stuff the next time they meet, hence the choice for such a massive jar
2. Heine owns Athrun
3. Neo is now officially Muu La Flaga, and there's no argument against this theory after *that* scene in this episode. Plus, that scene in the OP is already straight forward enough.
4. Milly is somehow trying to intervene in this whole war
5. The explosion of the Tannheiser did **minimal** damages to the Minerva surprisingly...

And about the Colossus gundam, it looks like a supersized Gaia, so Stellar is probably the pilot. Either that or Neo will pilot it down the stretch since they can't just give him a crappy mobile armor.

saga
Mon, 03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
well that was a great ep!!! i was hopin for more action scenes than that whit Kira in the mix from the start but great clifhanger made me jump of my chair thinkin how Kira is goin to own some ass after everyones expressions hehehehehe athuran was godsmacked and little Shinn needs a new batch of pampers that Kira will and it over to him hhihihihihihi now one more long week of wait for the next one sigh

Deblas
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:08 PM
It wasn't that bad of a episode. But im a little dissapointed that I have to wait a whole nother week to see Freedom in action again. And that Stellar already lost her memory of Shinn.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
It wasn't that bad of a episode. But im a little dissapointed that I have to wait a whole nother week to see Freedom in action again. And that Stellar already lost her memory of Shinn.
Ah, the wonderful art of business. See, they WANT you to say that, which allows them to drag things on like this knowing you'll tune in again next week. What you wanna do is say "Another cliffhanger and I'm boycotting gundam".

Anyways, I don't think Stellar lost her memories. They might have just suppressed the memories in a way, because she'll have to remember Shinn later. I think the next time they meet she'll get all her memories back, even the ones from way before involving "death".

Mut
Mon, 03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow, this episode was so fucking cool.

Anyway, who is higher in the ranks? Athrun or Heine?

Aeon
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I think all the Faith members are equal(Reason the Captain doesn't give Athrun orders) but since Heine was in Faith longer Athrun calls him the senior officer.

5. The explosion of the Tannheiser did **minimal** damages to the Minerva surprisingly...

Thought I was the only one that found that odd considering it was fully charged.

intense
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:12 PM
some people are saying that they are seeing strike in this episode, instead of impulse.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
They're not saying it, it's true.

idontnoh
Mon, 03-21-2005, 11:44 PM
when impulse slices the third astray, you can see strike instead of impulse if you freeze the scene...you notice the different shield.

Roko
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:42 AM
nice ep leading up to a battle (finally, after how many eps of just talk and flashbacks?). Was i the only one to wonder where in the world those zaft backup forces were? they all had an order to defend that place canal or somethin..
also, i have a feeling the milliaria is going to play a bigger role in the future; no way they show her just to kill time. What do you think?

XwingRob
Tue, 03-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Well, Roko... I think your actually right.
At first I thought she was just spying for the Archangel but now I think she's doing something a lot more.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
My quick summary:

3. Neo is now officially Muu La Flaga, and there's no argument against this theory

You wish. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Besides, if there are no arguments against it, why even call it a theory!
Yes! Neo is Mwu because Neo said something fucking cryptical in this episode!
That's what they -WANT- you to think.

As a sidenote I'd like Heine's haircut kthxbye <3

Roko
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:59 AM
ooo, just watched the end again. I wonder about Milly's reaction on seeing Freedom and Archangel?

Guardian_2000
Tue, 03-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Poor Terra... The evidence seems to be getting more and more abundant. This red herring is a pain in the arse.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif But as you constantly say Neo isn't Mwu. He died. lol This is why I love red herrings and plot devices. Lets keep hoping the man who makes the impossible possible keeps it up.

ZeroJquan
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:34 AM
Hi everyone....
I can't help but notice that you guys are starting to talk about Mwu being Neo... LOL...
If you check the main GS Destiny frame.. I actually started a thread about Neo and Mwu... go there and read the comments people have made so far about if Mwu and Neo are indeed the same people... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

XwingRob
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:50 AM
I'm sticking to my ghola theory about Neo.

danholo
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
Damn it, stop tempting me with your spoilers!

Anyways, I really liked this episode.
That part with Stellar kinda made me go aww with the whole "What's this?"
Anyways one comment by Neo-"I'm starting to be evil like the old man" or something like that... is really starting to make me think its Mwu more than ever..

"Old man" means "father" so the person making the original clones of himself is the "evil" man, not Mwu.

danholo
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:36 AM
For some reason I'm receiving an error when trying to edit my previous post so.: (Shouldn't it be time to switch to vBulletin already?)

"Old man" means "father" so the person making the original clones of himself is the "evil" man, not Mwu who was not evil in the first place. Secondly, I remember Mwu getting practically cremated in the end of Seed, so unless they reconstructed him from ashes, I doubt it.

But hey, anything is possbile. This is a cartoon.

PSJ
Tue, 03-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
Poor Terra... The evidence seems to be getting more and more abundant. This red herring is a pain in the arse.. But as you constantly say Neo isn't Mwu. He died. lol This is why I love red herrings and plot devices. Lets keep hoping the man who makes the impossible possible keeps it up.

you still going on that shit? neo is not mwu, yes it might be possible that neo is a clone but that doesnt make him mwu. mwu died when he got hit with a lowengreen in the face. end of dicsussion.

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm thinkin' he's a clone with perhaps even the memories of original Mwu. But come on, real Mwu, ffs. Surviving lohengrin, putting on a mask and joining the living-weapon-league?
Seriously. You haven't watched Seed if you think it's the real Mwu.

PTX-003C
Tue, 03-22-2005, 12:38 PM
if someone noticed....this phase they wrote phase 21...instead of phase 22

XwingRob
Tue, 03-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
For some reason I'm receiving an error when trying to edit my previous post so.: (Shouldn't it be time to switch to vBulletin already?)

"Old man" means "father" so the person making the original clones of himself is the "evil" man, not Mwu who was not evil in the first place. Secondly, I remember Mwu getting practically cremated in the end of Seed, so unless they reconstructed him from ashes, I doubt it.

But hey, anything is possbile. This is a cartoon.

I didn't meant old man meaning Mwu La Flaga. I mean old man being Mwu's father. If Neo is really Mwu than that was Mwu saying "Darn I'm just as evil as my old man was" or something like that.

Fred
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Probably because EDITED wasn't, technically, a counted episode. I just wish they did that with all flashback/recap episodes.

Curium
Tue, 03-22-2005, 06:58 PM
If I had to guess I would say that Cagalli sends an open transmission to the Orb forces to withdraw and that the captain will follow those orders despite Yuna yelling at him.

I have one major complaint about this episode, at the end when Freedom is posing, they cut off the bottom half of the screen with a close-up of Athrun. When that scene began I was already planning on using the screenshot when if got the full Freedom (or close to it) on screen for my new Wallpaper. Then they had to go and ruin the image.

Munsu
Tue, 03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't care about any crap being discussed here...

I just want to say this....

Terra, you suck... Kira will own your precious Shinn...

Kira is the man... and all you haters know it...

asianfriend3
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:17 PM
i have a question i thought there would be other zaft carriers that would assist the minerva i mean the minerva clearly knew that they would be facing a huge fleet so why didnt they get any backup. i mean i know that the backup is unneccesary considering athrun and shinn were doing pretty good even without rey, heine, and lunamaria but its just kinda logical to have backup anyway. i was also kinda dissapointted that we didnt get to see heine in action

AntiSoul
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Damn, although Freedom taking out the tannhauser at the end was awesome, a downside to that would be that Kira would appear to be against Asuran and company, which probably won't turn out that way since he prolly did it cuz he knew that beam woulda killed a bunch of people or something...if not, then it might lead to another duel btw them, ripping eachother's suits up, blowing one up to kill the other guy, other guy survives hugeass explosion somehow, and everyone ending up bitter til they get their new suits...HOWEVER...I see the MAJOR downside to stopping the Tannhauser, is that that bastard Yuna guy survived...I frikin hate that guy...he's such a dick...and the beam woulda taken him out (tho along with the other cool guys who are on archangel's side)...Oh well...he'll die sooner or later...haah...

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Wtf Kira hater? Precious Shinn?

I've always thought Kira > Shinn, I just defended him back in the eps where he argued with Cagalli

PTX-003C
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:13 AM
i highly believe Freedom will either run away from Shinn...
or will scrape Impulse and Destiny will show up with this chance...
and i believe the second one is more resonable

Munsu
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

I've always thought Kira > Shinn, I just defended him back in the eps where he argued with Cagalli

Hahaha.... sure sure...

I hope Kira kills Stellar in front of Shinn, that would make a great plot twist...

I really want to see Cagalli back in a mobile suit, maybe fight it out with Lunamaria or even Shinn at some point, that would be awesome also...

LaZie
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

Hahaha.... sure sure...

I hope Kira kills Stellar in front of Shinn, that would make a great plot twist...

I really want to see Cagalli back in a mobile suit, maybe fight it out with Lunamaria or even Shinn at some point, that would be awesome also...

You kno Kira wouldnt kill Stellar, so thats a no =P and Cagalli should duke it with Lunamaria and sis for her man

PTX-003C
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:03 AM
DON'T SPOIL. In between your constant spoiling and irritating behavior you have earned the loathing of several people here. This is a warning.

GotWoot Moderator

danholo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:24 AM
As we can see in the 2nd opening, Freedom and Destiny charge at that large Gundam. So, they will be fighting together. Hope neither of them die though. If one does, it's Kira...

TwisT
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:23 AM
The ending when Kira show up was the best thing with this episode.. Actually it's one of the best moment's in anime-history.. I almost got a boner from that spine-chilling scene..

Munsu
Wed, 03-23-2005, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't say I got a boner... but yeah i was excited... Kira is awesome for me... if he doesn't kick ass in the next episode i'll stop watching this series and start watching G Gundam or Turn A Gundam for a change

PSJ
Wed, 03-23-2005, 10:22 AM
of course kira will own in the next ep, he's up against a bunch of pussies. athrun doesnt fight to his full potential for some reason, shinn sucks, heine well if he is as bad as the last guy TM voiced for he's gonna suck, rey will probably just hang out inside the minerva and cry over dulinandal and lunamaria sucks more than shinn.

and to you who wanted cagalli in a mobile suit again, well i agree with you if that mobile suit ends up at the bottom of the sea, if it doesnt somebody should just put a bullet through her head. she was cool and all in SEED but she's got annyoing as hell in Destiny.

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't say she's annoying cause we barely see her anyway. Though she was much more hardcore in Seed. Wonder what happened.

Jurojin
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
i have a question i thought there would be other zaft carriers that would assist the minerva i mean the minerva clearly knew that they would be facing a huge fleet so why didnt they get any backup. i mean i know that the backup is unneccesary considering athrun and shinn were doing pretty good even without rey, heine, and lunamaria but its just kinda logical to have backup anyway. i was also kinda dissapointted that we didnt get to see heine in action

If you recall the battle plan, the issue with moving their forces to intercept the EA and Orb forces was that they didn't have room to go more than single file down the straight (if I'm remembering it properly). Their plan was for the Minerva to cut a swath to allow the zaft ships to follow through. More or less. And, well, Kira screwed that part of the plan up >_>

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:21 AM
I want to see Heine making himself worth the Faith. I doubt he's anything like Miguel.
Goddamn, Miguel is the worst filler character ever. He sucks.

GLS
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Awesome stuff, as usual.
Heine seems to be a really cool character. While the friends things works well, I think its best that some people *cough*Shinn*cough* know their place.
Freedoms return reminded me of when Freedom first appeared in Seed (shooting the blaster... before it got a shot off).

I wonder if those two will ever realize that they're enemies at all. I think they will know the truth down the road about each other, but I'm just throwing that possibility out there.
As for Cagalli fighting, that would be cool, but fighting Shinn would be stupid.

DDBen
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I have to disagree with the majority of you saying overall GSD has been awesome no offence but we have had 3 clip show and a lot or recycled obvious plot points.

That being said this was a great episode its about time we saw Kira do something which happened to be far cooler then anyone else's actions in the series thus far.

jing
Wed, 03-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by: DDBen
I have to disagree with the majority of you saying overall GSD has been awesome no offence but we have had 3 clip show and a lot or recycled obvious plot points.

That being said this was a great episode its about time we saw Kira do something which happened to be far cooler then anyone else's actions in the series thus far.

Agreed. I just think it wasn't all that spectacular you know. It's like they were on low budget or something.

DDBen
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: jing

I have to disagree with the majority of you saying overall GSD has been awesome no offence but we have had 3 clip shows and a lot or recycled obvious plot points.

Agreed. I just think it wasn't all that spectacular you know. It's like they were on low budget or something.

To be fair Gundam Seed was a great series and as with most gundams was designed to be on its own. Now in making GSD due to the popularity of GS they are forced to make a plot happen. Thus they have to break up facts from the first GS in order to make it interesting. AKA Muu is dead, Athrun married Calgari, Kira married Lacus. All of that stuff seemed to be a forgone conclusion at the end of seed. My only real complaint in what there doing is there making Shin to much like a bad paridy from Conan's if they mated segments. He's basically Athrun's angst with Kira's role which in turn makes him unexciting at all times. Basically I would rather Kira killed shin and we could move on with the orignal plot. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by: jing

It'll probably get better throughout the series. Were only on 22 after all. But yea, GS was better. Usually sequels to something aren't as good as the original.

Curium
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
I wouldn't say she's annoying cause we barely see her anyway. Though she was much more hardcore in Seed. Wonder what happened.

Personally I would guess that the stress of trying to run a nation got too her. Being away from that responsibility MAY give her time to get her head straight again. We can hope.

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
She has to if she's going to pilot Strike rouge again.

EpoC
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:00 PM
damn one of the best episode ending of all time in anime history. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

BAM the touheserblablaba canon got pwnd
"everybody is like ... and says -what, where did that shot come from?"
"and atrhun is like WTF, FREEDOM?!!? KIRA!!"

godamn I love this series,

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: EpoC
damn one of the best episode ending of all time in anime history.

Noooooo. Its a cliffhanger ending. Cliffhangers suck. It sucked. Now we wait for the next episode.

Mae
Wed, 03-23-2005, 10:26 PM
I guess it's not that unpredictable that the writers would choose to reenact Seed like this with Athrun fighting for the coordinaters and Kira fighting for Earth, but I was still as surprised as the rest of you when that cannon failed to fire. Good episode. I wonder how much more they will repeat? Some is ok, for dramatic effect and all, but too much of the same story is a bad thing.

Also after this ep I've decided I like the Phantom group in GSD much better than the Earth pilots in GS. Those guys were just crazed, not at all sympathetic. These kids have at least some sort of human emotions, and the memory loss adds to the story.

Roko
Thu, 03-24-2005, 01:25 AM
I agree w/ Mai bout liking the Phantom group better than the earth pilots in GS, with the exception of Mwu...he was the coolest of them all in GS

Munsu
Thu, 03-24-2005, 01:28 AM
i think she is reffering to the group that were on some drugs at the second half of SEED... nothing to do with Mwu

Roko
Thu, 03-24-2005, 01:30 AM
ahhh haha...my bad. yeah, that group sucked like hell...fun to watch them fite amonst themselves tho

Optimaximal
Thu, 03-24-2005, 07:28 PM
well Neo does state that they are '2nd generation' human computers (or whatever)... they're not the crazed drug-addled fucktards that the first-gen idiots were...

XwingRob
Thu, 03-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah I just recently watch the episodes where Kira and Athrun encounters them, man they sucked.