PDA

View Full Version : wht can't i join the channel

hondatohru
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:10 PM
i have tried and tried to register my name on the animeone channel and i haven't had any success doing so.

i have not been banned, unlike this other fellow.

i tried registering like the other guy.

otherwise i would not be asking this question again. i can't find the answer.

please don't just say "you need to register" because i know that, how to go about registering is the information i need. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

i try typing this "/msg nickserv register password email" on the channel and it gives me this "-> *nickserv* register password email" and nothing else. when i try typing in ANYTHING else it gives me this "#animeone Cannot send to channel".

why can't i join! this is driving me insane!

thanks! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Once you register a nick you have to indentify for it.

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password

it has a +M on the channel, which is moderated for registered nicks only.

Mut
Fri, 03-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Wait.. Are you putting in the actual words "password" and "email", instead of your real pw and email?

hondatohru
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:56 AM
ok, let's make this VERY clear, because i just tried doing it again with my actual password and e-mail and it still doesn't work.

can you all please tell me EXACTLY what i need to type in because it won't work.

i tried this "/msg nickserv register password email" and this time i typed in my real password in place of the word "password" and my e-mail address in place of the word "email" then i tried typing in "/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password" with my real password in place of the word "password" and it STILL won't work...

does the password need to be numerical or can it be a word?

can someone please tell me exactly what i need to type in to register because i am obviously missing something.

thanks! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:03 AM
change your nick to the one you want to register

/nick <yournick>

now type

/msg nickserv register <password> <email>

now when that is done type

/msg nickserv identify <password>

<yournick> = the nick you want to have registered
<password> = the password you want to register with that nickname
<email> = your email

Did you go check your email after registering?
Did it say anything in your status screen, like can't register nick, or something similar?
If you can get onto IRC, goto irc.rizon.net and goto #gotwoot

complich8
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah, most networks with services use a confirmation email. They'll send you an Auth code that you'll have to message nickserv before you can identify to your nick or whatever.

Also, usually when you register and auth, I'm pretty sure that counts as an identify too.

I forget if rizon does that, but I expect it does.

hondatohru
Sun, 03-20-2005, 11:28 AM
that did the trick, thank you very much! i am just awaiting an e-mail verification code and i'll be good to go! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif