PDA

View Full Version : More ninjas, less mythical creatures

queenlatifah
Fri, 03-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Do you guys think the Naruto series is getting less and less ninja-like? I mean they started with some sweet-looking ninjas such as Zabuza and henchman, and Kishimoto even goes indept of explaining the ninja techniques.

Now it's more like "my lvl 2 inner monster >>> your lvl 2 Orochimaru's curse seal" or whatever. What I'm saying is it's getting more and more unrealistic (I mean at least more unrealistic than before).

Do you guys really like the concept of all great fighters has an inner monster or some kind of curse seal?

What I personally like better is just the basic concepts, which relies less on inner monsters and curse seal and more on intellectual fight scenes (Thinking back to Kakashi v. Zabuza, Lee/Neji's taijitsus, Chuunin exams, Shino's fights, interpretation of Gaara's manipulation of his sand, Kabuto's mysterous jutsus, etc.).

basey44
Fri, 03-18-2005, 07:19 AM
yes, i much rather the ninjas theme then the monsters theme
u remember ages ago when they showed real assassination missions and stuff, with all the crazy ninjas that come out of the darkess and just slaughter people as they run through the house or whatever, it was much darker than the monster theme and really was the direction i wanted this series to go. but i knew itd never happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

RasenDori
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:06 AM
although naruto is exploring the monster aspect of things, i doubt it will become too much of an issue, since the only characters that should be able to do anything of the sort would be jinchuurikis and sasuke, since most of the sound has been killed. and we still have several ninjas that can defeat those types without demons in side them (neji, shikamaru, temari, kankurou,kiba, kakashi ... chouji doesnt count)

Psyke
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Ninjas as well as mythical creatures are all part of Japan's cultures/classic stories and often used in legends/story telling. But I agree that the whole seal/monster thing is getting a little bit tiring....... Let's just hppe the story is good and more ninjas without any special seals show up.

kAi
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Well I think we're in for some more monster abilities, but I also think there will be alot more of the ninja techniques from before. The fights that will be shown (i think)/hope) will happen for a while now will be more ninja type battles like the great one's back during the Zabuza arc with weirded out tecnhniques (Secret and Bloodline techniques), but then a little after that, it will go back to the more demonic type fights.

Assertn
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:42 PM
the freaky stuff only happens when the sound village is involved

jing
Fri, 03-18-2005, 04:58 PM
this isn't really ninja... its more like wizards casting spells.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey now, its very ninja like. Ever played shinobi for the genesis? he was a ninja with naruto-like jutsus. I suspect stories of ninjas with quasi magical powers have been around for a long time.
I have to agree with kai. I think we're in for a treat with the regular ninja type battles of the kakashi/zabuza type. I'm really exited about the near future of this story.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
The way the series is going now is good, but the Zabuza arc was very different compared to this. It was more "real" at points and everyone wasn't super powerfull. I think that's how everyone got sucked in to naruto. Cause we're always used to the main character controlling his fate but in the Zabuza arc he depended on Kakashi and Sasuke. Right now the show is good, but they could have stuck with the way things were going with the Zabuza arc for a little longer before Naruto had to bust out the Kyubi and save the day. IMO that should've been much later. Like.......the first time it should have been would be against Sasuke coming up in the anime. Again, they didn't have to do the Rasengan vs. Chidori on the rooftop of the hospital. AND ESPECIALLY IN THE HOMO-FILLER WTF WERE THEY THINKING? So to me Rasengan + Chidori is like Spirit gun in Yu-Yu Hakusho...or dare I say it.....KAMEHAMEHA from yea you know. But atleast in Yu-Yu they did many variations of a move, instead of Kyubi SUPER CHARGED.

Ok ok, well I got off track there but what I was originally going to say was that if they stuck with Zabuza like character/art/plot they could have gone places but they decided to aim at a younger audience causing much dissapointment in fans on the internet. But honestly the show is no longer aimed at people who do not enjoy this type of Naruto, so please just stop fucking posting on Naruto forums about how much you hate the show...rabble rabble rabble....because you are seriously ruining my enjoyment of a great show.

Meh.....hope everyone reads that long as post.

RasenDori
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:21 PM
i have a sneaky suspicion that that post is somewhat aimed towards me i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

anyways... its seems to me that you just posted something about what you hate about the show. face it dude, that anime has some horrilbe points that shouldnt be ignored. get off your soap box if you want to contridict yourself

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
i have a sneaky suspicion that that post is somewhat aimed towards me

anyways... its seems to me that you just posted something about what you hate about the show. face it dude, that anime has some horrilbe points that shouldnt be ignored. get off your soap box if you want to contridict yourself

is that post aimed towards me? if so wtf.

RasenDori
Fri, 03-18-2005, 10:47 PM
dude, you totaly bash the filler arc (which deserves it) and complain about rasengan vs chidori. then you say "please just stop fucking posting on Naruto forums about how much you hate the show...rabble rabble rabble....because you are seriously ruining my enjoyment of a great show"

im utterly confused and have no idea where you stand

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:20 PM
When I said stop posting about how much you hate the show I meant in every episode discussion theres always people who TRYYYYYY to find shit thats wrong with the episode. The filler arc and rasengan chidori bashing is not so much bashing as it is a way I think they should have done things throughout the entire series.

RasenDori
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
i dont think anyones TRYING to find something wrong with every episode. i look at every episode hoping it will be better then the last. its just that somethings witll irk some people. thats the way things go

Captain Grammar
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by: queenlatifah
Do you guys think the Naruto series is getting less and less ninja-like?

Yes.

weakest anbu
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:17 AM
last 2 fights were pretty "intellectual" kakashi vs naruto+sakura gaara vs deidara.

Assertn
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Ok ok, well I got off track there but what I was originally going to say was that if they stuck with Zabuza like character/art/plot they could have gone places but they decided to aim at a younger audience causing much dissapointment in fans on the internet.

you're right. they could have gone places if they kept it like the first saga. Now instead they'll have to just settle for being the most popular anime series currently airing.

Werder
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I personally like mythical creatures but I love naruto ninja too.
I do think it's going a bit more mythically creatury especially with the mention of the jinchuuriki and people's full acknowledgement of Naruto and Gaara's monsters. I really enjoyed the fights near the beginning - and in fact it was the cool bits of animation in the ...anime.. that I thought really helped Naruto (especially where people roll across the floor, it's very well done!) but that hardly happens anymore. Uh, I assume all manga readers watch the anime too? That's a good question...

Edit: Of course in ep. 126 the animation of Kimi's fighting was pretty darn good...

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
I like the name of this thread and wish that we dont see more kids with demons inside them. Cause i only care about ninjas and jutsus i dont care about the demons.....

SK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
ninjas > monsters.

kAi
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:34 PM
I hope people knew that it was going to go in this direction it is headed, with the demons and all, considering we find out about the Kyubi in the first episode and it's sealed inside the main character.

RasenDori
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
I like the name of this thread and wish that we dont see more kids with demons inside them. Cause i only care about ninjas and jutsus i dont care about the demons.....

i think its apparent that we will see more characters with demons in them. i thought it was apperent as soon as jiraiya told naruto what he thought that itachi and kisames true goal was. hell, its even more apparent now that the akatsuki referes to them as jinchuuriki (sp?) and when deidara ask wich juchuuriki was sasoris target. if naruto and gaara were the only ones, then there would be no need to ask

drcitan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:38 PM
This collection of Yomas is only the beginning of a wonderful series. There is bound to be scores of incredible ninja out there like Kakashi, Kabuto, and Gai who will fall into future arcs in the future.

Kur
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:39 AM
a couple people posted on here about the Rasengan vs. Chidori on the hospital roof top saying how dumb it was or why they used it there in a filler and such but think about it.

before that happened, sasuke thought he was tough shit right? he thought he was so much better than everybody else and pretty soon he could go get his revenge. but then along comes (what he thinks) weak little Naruto and blows the f*ck out of that water tank and shows sasuke that he really isn't as strong as he thought, i like to equate it to a linebacker loosing a game of tug-o-war to a balerina. So sasuke goes off the deep end with his thirst for power witch leads him to go along peacfully with orochimarus goons.

Now do you think that if that contest had not happened on the roof that sasuke would have gone with them? HELL NO! he would have fought then to his last breath then been kidnapped and then he would have popped out of the barrel, and ran home with naruto in stead of running to orochimaru.

all i am saying is that yeah i guess the rasengan vs. chidori would have been cooler or more dramatic in a different setting at a different time, but in my opinion it was needed there to se up the next part of the story, because sasuke simply would not have gone peacfully if it hadn't happened.

back on topic.

i really like the demons and monsters and such, as long as they keep them down to a reasonable number, i mean if every shmo has a monster in them then it over saturates and takes away from what makes naruto unique. i would like to see more of Lee though. he is the purest fighter and the most fun to watch in the anime. his fight with gaara in the chuunin exam send chills up my spine and kept me on the edge of my seat. what i could use less of however is empty filler battles that make a character look stupid-weak like the battle between naruto and that guy with the bones (forgot his name) just endless narutos jumping in and getting hacked up. no crazy inovative moves, no cool combos, no lightning fast movments or exchange of blows, just 4 narutos at a time jumping in and getting cut, over and over. i know it was to make the bone guy look strong, but it really just made naruto look very very weak. it even looked like it was drawn half-assed by some temp. but then lee showed up and the quality i had come to expect returned in all it's glory.

i think the coolest battle to see would be Lee going all out with Naruto in full nine-tails mode, because he is so animalistic like that, that the whole fight would be lightning fast heavy, heavy fisted, pure taijutsu.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
They can talk about the demons as much as they want but i hope that it doesnt become a show that focuses on the people with the demons.

Gaara and Naruto are enough 7 more like them would be too much if they were in the story as much as Naruto and co which wont happens since the manga is called naruto....

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Generally the whole Kyubi thing hasn't been overused. Naruto dosen't just whip it out every time he gets into a fight. I think that should give us hope for the future that the series won't be filled with endless super mega generic demon battles.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I can stand the mythical creatures and all the other BS. I just can't stand the summons. You transcend space and time to pull out a huge frog. I just can't wait until they start summoning more powerful creatures like Cerberus, Holy, Diablo, Shiva, or Ifrit. It would have been overkill if Haku would have summoned Shiva (snow country). Sasuke summons Ifrit (since he's always playing with fire). Things like this would have been overkill in my book.