PDA

View Full Version : slayers

kakashi08
Thu, 03-17-2005, 05:21 PM
never seen it but would like to hear what do ya think about it? i am looking for it. but untill know wanna know how good is it. cause i heard that it is really good. but it is old that is y people dont talk much about it. true?

complich8
Fri, 03-18-2005, 01:14 AM
woo! rambling!

Slayers is awesome. If you like slapstick comedy and crazy magic anyway.

I recently saw all 3 seasons of slayers TV (slayers, slayers next, slayers try) on rightstuf.com's deal of the weak for $25/season. Sadly, that's over and they're back to $45/season or so now. I think the series is definitely worth owning though.

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:30 AM
OMG!!!! Slayers. One of my favorite series. This is downright hilarious and very engaging... you get obsessed by it, and seriously, there is no show that has ever made me laugh this much. Not even the constant comedy in One Piece & Bleach comes close. GET IT DAMNIT! It is so fucking good that it would be self-rapture to not do it.

The first season (Slayers) is good, the most "serious" one (yet of course completely hilarious to the bone) and it sets up the series well.
Slayers Next is my favorite season because of the fucking awesome opening (GIVE A REASON), great story, awesome villains and comedy and my favorite character (Xellos) is introduced. God I love him.
Slayers Try has a VERY nice badguy and is like a mix of Slayers' serious backdrop and Next's complete comedy.

In conclusion, 78 episodes of pure delight. GET IT!!!

Oh and the fact that it's old is not a turn-off. Most of the better anime is old...