PDA

View Full Version : Burning ISO, bin/cue files to cd

mitsui
Thu, 03-17-2005, 03:50 AM
guys! need help with burning image files such as ISO, BIN/CUE to cd to be played in Playstation.

here's my prob... i downloaded some PS Games containing : img, ccd and sub files. I used Magic ISO to convert the img file to ISO, afterwards i burned the image using Nero 6 then played it in my playstation console but nothing happened or the game didn't load. After the failed attempt i converted the img to BIN/CUE files. After the conversion the CUE initially contained the whole path i.e. "D:\game\name\xxx.bin"; but i changed the file name found inside the CUE file to "name of game.bin" ; then burned it with Nero and played it in my playstation but still the game didn't load.

Can anybody help me with this prob? what must i do? how do i make them playable in my playstation?
do i need to use another application?

kAi
Thu, 03-17-2005, 04:05 AM
try this

Burning with Alcohol 120%.
1. Insert blank media. Open Alcohol 120%.
2. You need to configure your Alcohol 120% to burn any image. Click on 'File' then click on 'Options'.
3. Click on 'Shell Extension' than check all the boxes so you can burn any image. Now click on 'OK'.
4. Click on 'Image Burning Wizard'
5. Click on 'Browse' to find your image file, finally click on 'Next'.
6. Select your CD or DVD burner and select the lowest write speed available. (Don't forget
Write Method: DAO/SAO, Write "checked", Bypass EFM error "checked").
7. Click on 'Start', to create the picture CD.

Burning with Nero Burning ROM.
1. Insert blank media. Open Nero Burning ROM.
2. Click on Recorder > Select Burn Image.
3. 'File open' dialog appears > Select the *.NRG file you created > Click Open.
4. Nero's 'Burn DVD' dialog appears. Write 'checked' > Select lowest speed available.
5. Click Burn, to create the picture DVD.

Y
Fri, 03-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by: mitsui
guys! need help with burning image files such as ISO, BIN/CUE to cd to be played in Playstation.

here's my prob... i downloaded some PS Games containing : img, ccd and sub files. I used Magic ISO to convert the img file to ISO, afterwards i burned the image using Nero 6 then played it in my playstation console but nothing happened or the game didn't load. After the failed attempt i converted the img to BIN/CUE files. After the conversion the CUE initially contained the whole path i.e. "D:\game\name\xxx.bin"; but i changed the file name found inside the CUE file to "name of game.bin" ; then burned it with Nero and played it in my playstation but still the game didn't load.

Can anybody help me with this prob? what must i do? how do i make them playable in my playstation?
do i need to use another application?

This is a blatantly obvious question, but is your PS1/2 modded to play CD-Rs?

mitsui
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

This is a blatantly obvious question, but is your PS1/2 modded to play CD-Rs?

yes,. It did and it does play CD-Rs. I was able to play other games that i burned in my playstation, the thing is the game file i downloaded was BIN & CUE. I had no problem dealing with those. My prob right now is i downloaded a game file with CCD, Sub and IMG, which i have not yet encountered. I don't know how to make it playable in my Playstation. So, i converted it to image files BIN/CUE and ISO before burning them; but it doesn't play in my PS.

Help please..

and to Kai, thanks for your input. I did it with Nero but is still not playable. I'll try the other option.