PDA

View Full Version : GS Mask Character (Phantom Pain)

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-13-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't know how everyone else think.. but the min I saw the 2nd episode of Seed Destiny, I realized that Phantom Pain's voice was the same voice has Muu... So only one question.... Is he really Muu? Or is he a clone???

What I think....
His mobile armor.. if u want to call it that... Looked just like the ZERO moblis...
Hair color same....
Has NewType ability...

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-13-2005, 06:11 AM
I realize i spelled Mwu wrong... sorry (MWU)

Don't double post. That is what the Edit button is for.

GotWoot Moderator

Optimaximal
Sun, 03-13-2005, 06:53 AM
who is this Phantom Pain...
if you're talking about the masked bad guy in Destiny, his name is Neo Lorrnoke...

Plus its hinted at in the Destiny Op2 that him and Murrue (or whatever her name is) know each other...

danholo
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Who knows but they are clones after all...

rdperalta
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Maybe he's the clone of Mwu.. just like Kleuze was the clone of Mwu's dad. And i think Phantom Pain is the codename of their (neo's) group

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:19 AM
About that second opening, I just think that she is confused because he look like Mwu. I think he is a clone.

hybridchild
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah i'd say he's a clone , Al La Fllaga made more than one clone of himself, the Pilot of the Dreadnought from X Astray is another one, so it's reasonable to assume he may have made clones of his son too

jing
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Here we go again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mite Gai
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Yea, I agree with Shinji, except I think Mwu was secretly cloned and this is a clone of him since he is fighting for Zaft and in the 2nd OP he is aiming a gun at Murrue while shes all teary aimin one at him.

PTX-003C
Thu, 03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Neo has to be Neo, because in gundam war(card game) it stated if Mwu is on the field, Neo can't be played...
i wonder what reason~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(you should know the answer, right?)
and there are just too many hints, like in PRIDE, obvieusly our ArchAngel captain knows Neo after he takes off his mask....

Sigmeier
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm not gonna rule out the possibility of Neo bein' Muu or his clone but in both the opening sequences it featured that brief sequence with Rey, Neo, and Gilbert (in the background) which really hinted to me that the chairman definitely has a hidden agenda or a skeleton in his closet involving Rey and Neo and why Rey is able to hold his ground when they're in battle w/ each other.

And the second opening with Neo and Murrue is also a storyline i'm gonna absolutely watch develop or conclude (if it is in fact Muu) =^)

Honestly, for DESTINY i'd have to say that i'm more interested in this plot than what's goin' on with the main characters (Shinn, Athrun, Kira etc.)...anyone agree?

Roko
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
dun member which ep, but it was in the beginning when the minerva was fiting in space: if i remember correctly, rey could sense neo like mwu and krueze could sense each other, but neo couldn't sense rey. IMO, this is an important clue to the mystery

XwingRob
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Hmm, anyone ever read the Dune books?
There was this one character who got killed in the first book, he kept on getting revived again and again and again(this faction recovered some DNA stuff from the corpse). It was like cloning(he starts out as a kid and matures into an adult like normal, or accelerated growth), except at one point the clone would remember everything right up to the point he died(IE. when the original got killed). It was called a ghola.
So I think it is Mwu, just that at the moment he is Neo, at some point he will remember who he was before he died.

Edit: Uh, does my post confuse anybody?

Roko
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:59 AM
yah...but you gave me an interesting idea: what if they recovered some of Mwu's blood floating around in space and made a clone of him since he was this amazing pilot and all

Wren
Fri, 03-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
Hmm, anyone ever read the Dune books?
There was this one character who got killed in the first book, he kept on getting revived again and again and again(this faction recovered some DNA stuff from the corpse). It was like cloning(he starts out as a kid and matures into an adult like normal, or accelerated growth), except at one point the clone would remember everything right up to the point he died(IE. when the original got killed). It was called a ghola.
So I think it is Mwu, just that at the moment he is Neo, at some point he will remember who he was before he died.

Edit: Uh, does my post confuse anybody?

no ur post makes perfect sense; i read dune books too ( i stopped at the point everything got really freaky; alia that freakchild was a psychotic)--- but i dunno if the Gundam SEED Destiny author did, but interesting guess hehe.

UnknownHeroM
Fri, 03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
He wasn't a spectacular pilot, he was a leader, organizer and mentor. I think Neo reflects Mwu quite well, as Neo isn't that great a pilot but is an excelent military tactician and political master. It was pretty clear that Mwu died, (unless he can survive Vacuum without his helmet i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif ) so it's either a coincidence or he's a clone. If you really think about it though, with so many billions of people out there there's someone who could be very similar to yourself, though the odds of this happening in the current situation is a bit high. It's something one can't rule out, though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ZeroJquan
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by: UnknownHeroM
He wasn't a spectacular pilot, he was a leader, organizer and mentor. I think Neo reflects Mwu quite well, as Neo isn't that great a pilot but is an excelent military tactician and political master. It was pretty clear that Mwu died, (unless he can survive Vacuum without his helmet ) so it's either a coincidence or he's a clone. If you really think about it though, with so many billions of people out there there's someone who could be very similar to yourself, though the odds of this happening in the current situation is a bit high. It's something one can't rule out, though.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
I have to disagree with you one this one.. recently i when back to Gundam Seed and rewatch the last two episodes when Mwu died.. Indeed the Strike did explode from the attack of the Dominon... but they never showed Mwu's helmet floading in space... only the strikes's head... so... it could be that Mwu did survived... or this NEO is really a clone...
Also, Neo's nickname is Phantom Pain, during episode 16 or 17 when the Minerva was lanching out of Capernia, the Commander of the front line base that was for Capernia did say "DAMN THAT PHANTOM PAIN" when Neo ordered all the Wingdoms to assist them on the assult of the Minervia... just to clear up some misconceptions...

Keep posting your opinions!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Wren
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:06 AM
err....yes they DID show Mwu's helmet when Strike went boom....

Mite Gai
Sat, 03-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by: Sigmeier
Honestly, for DESTINY i'd have to say that i'm more interested in this plot than what's goin' on with the main characters (Shinn, Athrun, Kira etc.)...anyone agree?

Yea, though I am enjoying watching the cluelessness of Athrun with Lunamaria.

Mallic
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I hate to be one to break everything, but I have a slightly different theory. Neo's voice being identical to Mwu's could also be one big coincidence.

In the last two years or so, watching different series (in Japanese w/subtitles), I have heard this guy's voice (Koyasu Takehito) everywhere. Obviously as Neo in SEED Destiny and Mwu in SEED, but also as Kakei Jubei in Get Backers, Balladbird Lee in Gungrave, and that blonde Valentine Brother in Hellsing. Everything he's been in (aside from Destiny, since it isn't too recent) can be found here. (http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,59,twhqay,koyasu_takehito.html)

Anyways, he must be a very popular voice actor in Japan at the moment, so it seems like he's being hired to do prelay work for nearly every new anime series.

hybridchild
Sun, 03-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah he is a very prolific actor, hes number 1 on ANN's list of most prolific cast http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=662 But its a bit too much of a conicidnace

ZeroJquan
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Well.. i guess it could be that they just used the same guy for the voice... but if u search even further on the voices who play each character for Seed Destiny... you'll find out that REY's voice is actually played by the same guy who did Kruez's voice... when i found out about that.. I knew the people at sunrise wanted to connect something between the two... I guess it could be that they use the same voice because they are popular.. OR... it could be that there really is a connection between Neo and Rey.... also... it doesn't change that fact that the 2nd opening did show Captain Ramus holding a gun to Neo without his helmet... But i guess Neo is a clone... I still think it could be Mwu... but then again... he did died... DAMN i hated that part... it was soo sad... yet so heroic what Mwu did...

sniff* i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

w.frostfire
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
-- don't you people forget - kreuze is a result of a failed project. he is somewhat a prototype(same for rey,(come to think of it, rey's moves in his space fights makes me remember of kreuze in providence while fighting kira) which i think is another protoype), and this phantom pain may be the one who's the perfect clone(meaning he doesn't age fast, and somewhat looks like mwu, and maybe even of the same age as him if mwu is still alive,and since he's a perfect clone, he doesn't have that 'sensing ability', coz i'm fairly sure mwu's father didn't have that ^^). come to the of it, mwu has always been in EA, not in ZAFT, and Kreuze, presumably upon knowing the truth bout himself, defected to ZAFT. if this guy's another clone of mwu's father, there's no reason why he must defect to ZAFT, after all, he didn't have flaws during his birth stage. now that i come to think of it.. mwu never told murrue that kreuze was his father's clone.. and maybe that would connect everythin why murrue was shocked in the OP..
-- guys, this is just an opinion ok.. ^^ we'll just have to wait and see..

Deblas
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't know about this. I mean come on, In Every gundam series there is always a long haired blond guy with a mask. Why is this any different. Why does this have to be a clone of someone. You guys are just thinking too much.

ZeroJquan
Sun, 04-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Well finally the forum is up...
Lots has happen in Seed... and the opening... Man is that Mwu with a scar???? I'm positive that Its Mwu now... but.. how did he escape??? We saw his helmet in space when the strike explode... He can't be a clone.. a clone can't have scars, unless those scars were from an accident... I'm pretty sure its Mwu...

drag0nf1am3
Mon, 04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
i'm betting that neo is a clone of mwu because it is pretty stupid for him to survive a positron cannon blast...and isn't rau or kruuze or wateva his name is was the first coordinator, george glenn?...different subs had different versions with a couple saying that he is the first coordinator or something along that line...but yea rey is rau clone and neo is mwu clone plus don't forget that rau is mwu's father's clone so the family resemblence is all around.

Guardian_2000
Mon, 04-18-2005, 09:10 PM
No matter how you slice it Neo is Mwu's clone or Mwu. Those are your only two options really at this point. However there is evidence to suggest that Neo is actually Mwu having survived the attack from the Dominion. We see his helmet floating in space which I hear is still in the R1 DVDs although it has been edited out of the later released movie version had it removed. Why they were told to cut it was never stated. Usually the later productions have precedence over the original works as its how the story is supposed to go or something. But that was mostly just with Tomino's stuff.

Who else noticed the kitten remarks mwu and neo have made? It took me forever to find the ep where he had said it. I only remembered him saying it while in a sky grasper. Sure enough got to it eventually.

Curium
Mon, 04-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I posted this in both the the episode 23-25 and the 26 discussions, but then I saw this topic and I figure it belongs here.

Personally I'm still inclined to believe that Mwu is not Neo. I think the biggest clue to Neo's Identity is his last name. I don't know if Lornoke is the official spelling or not, but if it is, I think there is something there we aren't seeing. I'm going this route because of the first name, "Neo" or New. If someone that can read Japanese was to look up his name you might see something. Maybe compare it to how Mwu's name is written.

drag0nf1am3
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
I don't know about this. I mean come on, In Every gundam series there is always a long haired blond guy with a mask. Why is this any different. Why does this have to be a clone of someone. You guys are just thinking too much.

well this one is so interesting because it a continuation of another gundam series and he was such a popular character.