PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mangekyou...

AntiSoul
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok this is pretty old but about Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan, for the part where Itachi and Kisame first appeared in Konoha and fought Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai, to their confrontation with Jiraiya, Naruto and Sasuke in the hotel hall, when Itachi uses his Mangekyou Sharingan in the MANGA, his eye changes into another shape whereas in the ANIME it just stays the same. Does anyone know why it was left out of the anime?? I never really figured out why other than the idea that maybe the developers just didn't like the way it was done and changed it...o.O

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
wtf? Tell me exactly where in the manga Itachi's eyes change. I want chapter and page numbers.

You're just making stuff up right now.

jing
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by: AntiSoul
Ok this is pretty old but about Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan, for the part where Itachi and Kisame first appeared in Konoha and fought Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai, to their confrontation with Jiraiya, Naruto and Sasuke in the hotel hall, when Itachi uses his Mangekyou Sharingan in the MANGA, his eye changes into another shape whereas in the ANIME it just stays the same. Does anyone know why it was left out of the anime?? I never really figured out why other than the idea that maybe the developers just didn't like the way it was done and changed it...o.O

Ok, I can see that you are confused.
The Itachi mangekyou sharingan was revealed in Sasuke's flashbacks (when those Uchihas were still alive).

The anime haven't got to the flashback. Thus, they won't show it.

Augury
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Hm, I can help with that since I just re-read some lately. On chapter 223 - page 2, Sasuke's flashback shows Itachi's eyes transforming from a normal sharingan eye to a mangekyou sharingan. I don't have the chapters where Itachi and Kisame confront the Konoha ninjas, so I don't know if his eyes change there.

TwisT
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:46 PM
No they dont.. we only see them change in the last Sasuke-flashback, and that is a long way left in the anime before we reach that point..

RasenDori
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:47 PM
well in the manga they never revealed itachis eyes when he did the mangekyou when he fought kakashi and the others. it wasnt revealed in the manga until the flash backs during naruto vs sasuke. the manga hadnt come to that part by the time that itachi appeared in the anime, so, as usual, the anime just made shit up, and now anime continuity will be broken once anime reaches that part. horray for making up shit!!!

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.narutochuushin.com/pictures/manga/chapter234/chapter234_09.jpg

Is this what your referring to?

TwisT
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:06 PM
There is no pic..

Knives122
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:35 PM
yes there is yours just blind, trust me its there

AntiSoul
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Ok I got it, frikin' took me forever to find...I wasn't very accurate earlier, but I meant the part in sasuke's flashback. The later parts of the manga show a broader portion of sasuke's past right? It includes the whole part where sasuke walks in the double doors with Itachi standing there in the shadows with his parents dead on the floor, and then Itachi uses Mangekyou Sharingan on Sasuke and it shows his eyes changed. It looks like one big pupil with 3 swirl tails and a dot in the middle. It's in Vol.25, Ch224, page 14. They showed this part in the anime already didn't they?? I know this is far into the manga, but I figured they just switched around where the flashbacks took place and put it in earlier or something...yeah I'm pretty confused now actually...

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:49 AM
They showed this part in the anime already didn't they??
No, dumbass. Stop asking stupid questions.

Assertn
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:20 AM
just as rasendori said, the anime messed up the mangekyou because at that point, kishimoto never revealed what the mangekyou was SUPPOSED to look like, so they assumed it didnt look like anything fancy...but as we manga readers know, they were wrong

Jaredster
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Then why did Kishimoto make the mangekyou look the way it did in the anime before he released it in the manga?

Y
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:45 AM
... because Kishimoto doesn't produce the anime?

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:47 AM
lmao some people have no brains

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:49 AM
Errr, sorry pal, Kishimoto isn't really involved in the anime artwork stuff. Or any other part of the anime, that is. He's referred to as 'originally created by' and they more or less follow his storyline.

That's why the manga always beats the anime.

AntiSoul
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

They showed this part in the anime already didn't they??
No, dumbass. Stop asking stupid questions.

It's not a stupid question. Sasuke's past is Sasuke's past. He doesn't have more then one of them, and it appears they happened to show that part again, so really that actual part of his past they've actually shown already, and maybe they showed it again in more detail or something, so calm the hell down.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I want to see Sasukes super sharingan ability. I can just imagine the announcer hyping it up in the eventual american dub.

"A technique so explosive we can't even show it"

RasenDori
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:12 AM
sigh... this all just serves to prove that animes should talk to creators before making stuff up.

Raven
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Animes can't talk.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:56 AM
whoops I meant Itachi's

Then how about you edit your previous post next time instead of wasting space? kthnx

GotWoot Moderator

Hotsuma
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Not that it matters anymore, since I'm sure it's been posted a thousand times (or a theory close enough to it), but here's a pretty good Mangekyou/Itachi/Sasuke/Orochimaru theory.

Not my theory, but of SaiST of SRK fame.

Only a select few Uchihas(on top of the select few who can use the normal Sharingan) have the ability to awaken it.

I say "ability", because there's a special requirement for awakening the Mangekyou Sharingan... ( : [ Killing your closest friend. Itachi had to kill his closest friend, Shisui, in order to awaken his. It is my theory that the intense guilt and trauma of killing your closest friend allows the Uchiha to find the "mental trigger" needed to use Mangekyou Sharingan. Similar to how Naruto needed to be put in a severe life or death situation in order to find the "mental trigger" needed to call forth the Kyuubi's chakra. ]

The techniques that we know can be done through the Mangekyou Sharingan so far:
Tsukuyomi - The strongest, most lethal Genjutsu we've seen so far. The name "Tsukuyomi" means "Moon Study", and is the name of the ruler of the underworld... Hence, the red moon we see during the Tsukuyomi, and the hell-ish torture that ensues when the technique captures an enemy.
Amaterasu - An incredibly powerful Black-colored Katon(Fire Element) jutsu. So powerful, that Itachi was able to use this technique to blast through the stomach of a fire-breathing Toad. "Amaterasu" stands for "Sun God". We do not know how this technique is executed exactly. Only that Itachi activates his Mangekyou Sharingan before using it.
Susanoou - ... Alright, here's where the speculation comes in... The three "Tomoe"(dots) within the Sharingan represent a Trinity. In the Naruto world, these three Tomoe, the trinity, represent all three forms of jutsu: Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. Now, the Ninjutsu in this case is Amaterasu. The Genjutsu is Tsukuyomi... And the Taijutsu could very well be called Susanoou. Name comes from a rampaging, thundering War God. Now we're going to go off on the deep end, spoilers ahead:

SPOILER WARNING! (highlight to read) : [ It has been speculated that Sasuke will be the one to devise this particular technique, not Itachi. Let's look at Susanoou's history:

1.) He was expelled from heaven, and had everything taken from him... Sasuke's life was ruined by Itachi, his whole family was killed and taken away from him by Itachi.

2.)Later on, Susanoou kills the giant 8-headed snake... The Orochi!(Orochimaru ) And takes the Kusunagi no Tsurigi(Sword of Kusunagi) from it's chopped up corpse.

Now, remember when I highlighted "thundering" before? Thundering War God... Remember the appearance of Sasuke's Chidori... It all adds up, doesn't it? The Susanoou will most likely be a Taijutsu technique that incorporates the teachings of the Chidori, and the swordplay of the Sword of Kusunagi into one brutal, powerful Taijutsu technique. Furthermore, after Susanoou defeats the Yamata no Orochi, and takes the Kusanagi no Tsurigi from it's remains, he offers it as a peace offering to Amaterasu... This implies that Sasuke, after accomplishing these feats, will go to his brother, but not for a peace offering... It will serve as proof of his accomplishments, his brother will finally accept and acknowledge him, and their final fight will then carry out. ]

"Mangekyou" stands for Kaleidescope, which implies that when it is activated, depending on the techniques it uses, the eye changes shapes... The actual appearance of the Mangekyou Sharingan was revealed in chapter 224 of volume 25. The three Tomoe connect with the pupil, it forms a three point shuriken looking pupil within the Sharingan. This is the transition from the normal Sharingan to the Mangekyou... When the Mangekyou is fully activated, the 3 point shuriken lookin' pupil is widened considerably, and veins in the eyes are everywhere. Y ou can tell why this technique puts such a strain on Itachi.

drcitan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma
Not that it matters anymore, since I'm sure it's been posted a thousand times (or a theory close enough to it), but here's a pretty good Mangekyou/Itachi/Sasuke/Orochimaru theory.

Only a select few Uchihas(on top of the select few who can use the normal Sharingan) have the ability to awaken it.

I say "ability", because there's a special requirement for awakening the Mangekyou Sharingan... ( : [ Killing your closest friend. Itachi had to kill his closest friend, Shisui, in order to awaken his. It is my theory that the intense guilt and trauma of killing your closest friend allows the Uchiha to find the "mental trigger" needed to use Mangekyou Sharingan. Similar to how Naruto needed to be put in a severe life or death situation in order to find the "mental trigger" needed to call forth the Kyuubi's chakra. ]

Tsukuyomi - The strongest, most lethal Genjutsu we've seen so far. The name "Tsukuyomi" means "Moon Study", and is the name of the ruler of the underworld... Hence, the red moon we see during the Tsukuyomi, and the hell-ish torture that ensues when the technique captures an enemy.
Amaterasu - An incredibly powerful Black-colored Katon(Fire Element) jutsu. So powerful, that Itachi was able to use this technique to blast through the stomach of a fire-breathing Toad. "Amaterasu" stands for "Sun God". We do not know how this technique is executed exactly. Only that Itachi activates his Mangekyou Sharingan before using it.
Susanoou - ... Alright, here's where the speculation comes in... The three "Tomoe"(dots) within the Sharingan represent a Trinity. In the Naruto world, these three Tomoe, the trinity, represent all three forms of jutsu: Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. Now, the Ninjutsu in this case is Amaterasu. The Genjutsu is Tsukuyomi... And the Taijutsu could very well be called Susanoou. Name comes from a rampaging, thundering War God. Now we're going to go off on the deep end, spoilers ahead:

SPOILER WARNING! (highlight to read) : [ It has been speculated that Sasuke will be the one to devise this particular technique, not Itachi. Let's look at Susanoou's history:

1.) He was expelled from heaven, and had everything taken from him... Sasuke's life was ruined by Itachi, his whole family was killed and taken away from him by Itachi.

2.)Later on, Susanoou kills the giant 8-headed snake... The Orochi!(Orochimaru ) And takes the Kusunagi no Tsurigi(Sword of Kusunagi) from it's chopped up corpse.

Now, remember when I highlighted "thundering" before? Thundering War God... Remember the appearance of Sasuke's Chidori... It all adds up, doesn't it? The Susanoou will most likely be a Taijutsu technique that incorporates the teachings of the Chidori, and the swordplay of the Sword of Kusunagi into one brutal, powerful Taijutsu technique. Furthermore, after Susanoou defeats the Yamata no Orochi, and takes the Kusanagi no Tsurigi from it's remains, he offers it as a peace offering to Amaterasu... This implies that Sasuke, after accomplishing these feats, will go to his brother, but not for a peace offering... It will serve as proof of his accomplishments, his brother will finally accept and acknowledge him, and their final fight will then carry out. ]

"Mangekyou" stands for Kaleidescope, which implies that when it is activated, depending on the techniques it uses, the eye changes shapes... The actual appearance of the Mangekyou Sharingan was revealed in chapter 224 of volume 25. The three Tomoe connect with the pupil, it forms a three point shuriken looking pupil within the Sharingan. This is the transition from the normal Sharingan to the Mangekyou... When the Mangekyou is fully activated, the 3 point shuriken lookin' pupil is widened considerably, and veins in the eyes are everywhere. Y ou can tell why this technique puts such a strain on Itachi.

drcitan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma

Thanks for the read that was an awesome tale.