enjoy everyone ;]

Holy shit dude you just made my day.

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:33 AM
rofl, that faggot Kankuro got owned.

weakest anbu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
holy shit page 7 kank scratched him (looked like it)kank you are my hero ;o

page 17 thats probally how gaara is going to look like in the future haha maybe a skinner version.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I never thought I'd say this but damn, Kankuro looks hell of a lot cooler in his stupid cat-ears+makeup mix than without.

And Temari looks funny with food in her mouth. Or whatever it was.
Anyhow, good chapter. Not much of a surprise, but that's good at this point of the series I guess.
Also, Jiraiya is back <3

BTW: Funny how Kankuro gets owned in the manga at the exact same time he owns Sakon in the anime.

drcitan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Kankuro had to do something productive before he passed out. Like maybe got an undetectable charka string wrapped around the Scorpion tail to use as a tracking device.

Sidnne
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Wait a sec... was there a few pages missing from that scan or did the story skip a bit there? Kankurou was on the ground on the 1st page... and what happened to his other two puppets??

nvm. I see on one of those overhead views that the salamander puppet is there in pieces. And the scratch marks in the sand would appear that they are from Sasori's tail, so they skipped the battle.

Damn, I need a translation bad.

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Can you not put two and two together? The fight was so one sided, there was no point of showing any of it.

Raven
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Maybe Akatsuki have a good dental plan. It seems like Scorpian man has pretty perfect teeth. Need translation.

Masamune
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:08 AM
hell yeah! we discovered kankuro's hair colour

Edit: BTW is that poison dripping off his scorp tail , on the bottom of page 4?

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:15 AM
It's syrup, what else could it be?

So far, it's only this:

Page 1: Title: To the Sand!
Sidebar: Though their relationship was quite twisted, they formed a strong bond. Kankurou runs to Gaara's aid!

Page 2:
Sidebar: Puppets and emotions alike destroyed...Kankurou is obliterated!
Kankurou: Ungh...my body's going numb...he must use poison, too...

Page 3:
Sasori: You've got some strong muscles, but you picked a fight with the wrong guy.
Your puppets' poison weapons all work like I predicted.
Kankurou: Why...? No one's ever been able to read me so easily...

Sasori: Heh, you look confused. You wondering why I noticed your traps so easily?
It's quite simple. The maker of "Karasu", "Kuroari" and "Sanshouuo"...
Is none other than me..

Page 4:
Sasori: I never thought I'd be fighting one of my cute little successors, using these hand-me-downs...
It's the most fun I've had in a while.

Kankurou: You're trying to tell me...that you're the legendary battle puppet designer..
Akasuna no Sasori! (The scorpion of the red sand)

Sasori: Hah, even an amateur like you knows my name. I'm honored.
Kankurou: 20 years ago...why did you leave the Sand?

Sasori: Why bother asking something like that when you're about to die?

Page 5:
Store sign: Dango (dumplings)
Temari: I'm not sure why, but...

Page 6:
Temari: I have a feeling...something bad's happened.

Page 7:
Sasori: Disappointing!

Page 8:
Sasori: I see the poison's taken effect.
Sasori: Haha...the pain must be indescribable...Since you seem to want to live so badly, I won't finish you off.
The poison will kill you within 3 days.

Page 9:
Kankurou: Gaara...
Damnit...
Voices: Over there!
He's been defeated...his puppets are trashed!

Page 10:
Naruto: We're off!
Sakura: Until we return, Master Tsunade!

Page 11:
Tsunade: See ya.
Iruka: Good luck!
Naruto: Yep!

Page 12:
Jiraiya: Hey! Off on a mission already, Naruto?
Naruto: Yes sir!
Jiraiya: Oh yeah. Bad news, Tsunade. The Hidden Sand's Kazekage's...
Tsunade: We know.

Tsunade: I'm sending them to the sand right now.
Jiraiya: Geez...you do realize what's going on with Akatsuki and Naruto, don't you?

Page 13:
Jiraiya: Naruto, c'mere for a second.
Naruto: They're after me, so this time, I'm gonna meet them head on!

Jiraiya: Look...yes, you've gotten stronger,
but if you lose your cool, you'll be digging your own grave.
You have a bad habit of getting riled up easily.
Naruto...I know you know this, but...

Page 14:
Jiraiya: Do NOT use that jutsu.
Naruto: ...Got it...

Jiraiay: Kakashi! Make sure Naruto doesn't do anything too reckless. I leave him to you.
Kakashi: Sure...

Page 15-19 - they're still on it.

Yorma
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:39 AM
my dear god, let that kankuro fucko die.
soo exicited about what jutsu jiraya is talking about i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:41 AM
wow, sasori created the puppets eh? I guess i dont feel as bothered about him controlling a giant scorpion tail then.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:46 AM
hey kankuro kinda looks like the 4th is a weird way
OMG the 4th is his father!!!!!11one!

dragon608608
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69

What the hell you talk about? Kankuro and Garra is brother (Watch the first chunnin exam for detail), and we both know that Garra is the son of Kagekage. Therefore, Kankuro, too, must be the sone of Kagekage. Even if we don't know this already, my question is how the hell the 4th of Konoha be the father of a gyu in Sand village? use your logic dude.

drcitan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Legendary Puppet master of the sand. I'm loving it.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:06 AM
lol so ur saying the legendary 4th hokage wouldnt be able to get some action while visiting the sand village
also dude i was joking, i think ud be the only person on the forums who would take it seriously

weakest anbu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Page 15:
Naruto: Let's get moving, Kakashi-sensei! Sakura-chan!
Sakura: W-wait up!
Kakashi: Goodbye...
Jiraiya: Sheesh...

Tsunade: You worried?
Iruka: No...he's no longer a weak shinobi that I need to worry about. Sakura, as well...

Page 16:
Tsunade: It's a mysterious thing..."Growth".

Sand-nin 1: This is some kind of new poison..
There really doesn't seem to be any antidote.
Sand-nin 2: If we don't do something quickly...our limit is two or three days, at the most.

Baki: Gaara...and Kankuro, too...

Page 17:
Kankurou: Uhh..
Ugh...
Baki: If this keeps up...we'll have to consult with "the siblings," even though they're retired. (Unsure on this, it's rather cryptic )

Page 18:
Sakura: Temari-san!!

Page 19:
Deidara: You're late, Master Sasori...mmhmm.
Sasori: I see you're getting cocky...just because your target, "One-tail", is already taken care of.

Sasori: Next is my target...we still don't know where he is.
Things would've been easier if he'd been on the way.

Deidara: True...what kind of "Sacrificial power" was your target again?
Sasori: It doesn't matter.
We caught one "Sacrificial power," there won't be any complaints.

Bottom: What is this "Sacrificial power"? Next time: The unending hatred!

By: hisshouburaiken

Dezalanel
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Pretty cool! Seems like we were right about Sasori being from the sand village. I reaaaallly want to know what this new jutsu is that Naruto has...I can almost guarantee he will end up using it even though he said he wouldn't.

nests
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Yes I was rigth About Sasori using a puppet also

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Hopefully Naruto wont listen to Jiraya and use "that" justsu soon.

RasenDori
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
what a total rip... they didnt reveal the aktsukis intention. preview title fails us once again. over all a good chapter though, it seems that kishi decided to liven up the typically slow start of new arcs with good action and turmoil. with naruto and company leaving the leaf, the funs just beginning.

jiraiya tells naruto not to use "that" jutsu... fat chance in hell hes not gonna do it... i call forshadowing on this one (not that it was hard to do), kakashis gonna use his new more too. hope sakura wont be useless.

unending hatred? sasuke? well... hopefully the preview title doesnt steer us wrong this time

Winged Dancer
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I had been waiting for someone to tell Naruto that line since way back. "Do NOT use that jutsu". It was only matter of time, I guess. Now I want to see Naruto being an idiot and using it!

Other than that, it seems that things will move at a nice rythm from now on... it seems that there are several "sacrifices" Akatsuki needs; they have already caught the "One Tail" and are heading towards a second now... which could be "Two Tails" or Three or whatever, with Naruto being the Nine Tails.

There's no telling however how many they could have captured already... we can't expect all of the sacrifices to be as skilled as Gaara (or Naruto), but they must be at least powerful. I don't know why I get the feeling at least one of them will have Elfen Lied-like powers...

nests
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I just thougth of something. since Sasori is the one that made those puppets and is supposed to be some kind of legendary puppet master maybe he figuerd out a way to fuse his body with a puppet and that would explain the tail and the messed up teeth.
He is half puppet

chabber935
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm sure we will see Naruto's new move too. However, what I don't want to find out is that it's the only move he's developed over the last 2 1/2 years. I pray that is not the case. I don't mind the shadow clone thing but I hope he's developed a few good techniques and some better taijutsu.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Woohoo, Sasori the legendary puppet master from the sand. That's just wicked.

I wonder who their next target is.
Well what do you know, Naruto is getting exciting again!

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:01 PM
i had a feeling that there would be more demon kiddies.....but damn.......its gonna be awesome to see them
there's been all this excitement about the 2 demons we knew of, but now they're gonna throw 6 or 7 more in our face.....kickass

I cant imagine what kind of "forbidden jutsu" jiraiya couldve taught naruto.....however i know of ONE technique that seems to be known within the generations of hokage master/pupil.......the death god summon

although if thats the technique naruto learned, then obviously we wont know about it until the end of the series

Dezalanel
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Are you sure Jiraiya even knows the tech?? From what I gathered I thought it was a technique the 4th came up with and that the 3rd somehow knew of it from him. I bet his new move has something to do with his kyuubi chakra...like Kyuubi lvl 3 or something.

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:34 PM
maybe the 3rd passed it to jiraiya, who passed it to the 4th?

Just because its called the 4th's technique....doesnt mean that the 4th created it. It could just very well be called that because he is the first one to ever use that jutsu.

Who knows, maybe if kishimoto is feeling creative, he can have naruto perform that jutsu, end up inside the death god (where some immortal battle between enemies take place), and then somehow fight his way back out. Maybe even free the 4 hokages that are stuck in there as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

wait a minute......wtf.....i realized JUST now that every dead hokage is inside the death god's stomach.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Link is dead. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
maybe the 3rd passed it to jiraiya, who passed it to the 4th?

Just because its called the 4th's technique....doesnt mean that the 4th created it. It could just very well be called that because he is the first one to ever use that jutsu.

Who knows, maybe if kishimoto is feeling creative, he can have naruto perform that jutsu, end up inside the death god (where some immortal battle between enemies take place), and then somehow fight his way back out. Maybe even free the 4 hokages that are stuck in there as well

wait a minute......wtf.....i realized JUST now that every dead hokage is inside the death god's stomach.

The first and second hogakes of Konoha arent in the death gods stomach or else we would have heard it when the third use it. Since they died long time before the tech was created or did i miss something.

Also since the third called the tech the 4th's then it was him that created it.
Also i dont think this tech will play a role in the end of the manga.

Konohamaru
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
BTW: Funny how Kankuro gets owned in the manga at the exact same time he owns Sakon in the anime.

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. hmm so he got owned by the creator of his own weapons, lol. Kinda harsh. I hope they ain't talking about Naruto in the last page. I wanna seemore demons! RAWR!

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Great chapter.
So Sasori is the creator of the puppets... I think he is half-puppet then

If Gaara was Deidara's target and now they are going to look for Sasori's... those this mean Sasori's target will be on rock village?
Think about it... if Naruto is Itachi's and Kisame's target... maybe both of those are going for a target on Cloud too.

Kankurou has 3 days to live... I bet Sakura will save him with her healing jutsus

Oh and "THAT" Jutsu... I bet it's like Gaara's forced sleep... a jutsu to bring Kyubi's power out in a extreme way

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
The first and second hogakes of Konoha arent in the death gods stomach or else we would have heard it when the third use it. Since they died long time before the tech was created or did i miss something.

oro brought them back to life, and then the 3rd used the death god on them
remember the scene where there were the 4 souls (the 1st, the 2nd, and the 2 kage bunshins of the 3rd) and the death god ate them?

Winged Dancer
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I wonder if each Akatsuki member has a definite target, and if the number of tails has anything to do with the demon's power level... I don't really think so, 'cause Gaara is the One Tail and he's just as powerful as Naruto, who is the Nine Tails.
So I guess Naruto's "assigned" Akatsuki is either Itachi or Kisame... I'm rooting for Itachi just so that Sasuke gets annoyed.

Regarding THAT jutsu... well, it has to be something that edangers Naruto's existance or Jiraiya wouldn't be so worried. So either its the Sealing Jutsu the Fourth and the Third used or, as we all hope, some weird-ass jutsu that releases the Kyuubi's power...

It'd be neat if it was a bit like Gaara's, you know - I go to sleep, the Kyuubi comes out to play. The risk there would be that Naruto would lose himself more and more until he finally just couldn't come back and the Kyuubi would take complete control over his body, or something.

Either that or it'd be something like Tsunade's regenaration jutsu - incredible power but a HIGH price to pay. Meh. Should we start betting on when are we gonna see it? I say... around a year, if not more. But we'll be reminded of it by Naruto and/or Jiraiya continously gasping and saying "I'll have to use THAT jutsu!" or "No! Not THAT jutsu!!" just before someone comes in and saves the day just in time.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
The 4th invented the death god jutsu. The third probably studied up on how to use it after the 4th died because the third was known as the professor . It's probably detailed in that scroll of sealing that naruto is tricked into stealing at the beginning of the series.

As for naruto's mysterious new forbidden justsu, it definately has something to do with the kyubi. It's probably the reason why naruto's clothes got shredded during his training. I honestly think it would be really cool if he made some sort of contract with the Kyubi and can now summon it.

When Jiraiya first taught naruto how to use the summoning technique he did say that it was a space time jutsu that allowed you to move something from one area to another. Like transporting the summon animals from whatever etheral realm they exist in. I see no reason why naruto can't make sign a contract with the Kyubi and use the summon justu to bring it outside of him. Then when he's done he can always dispel the kyubi back to it's prison.

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:02 PM
The rest of Ch 251 translations:

Page 1: Title: To the Sand!
Sidebar: Though their relationship was quite twisted, they formed a strong bond. Kankurou runs to Gaara's aid!

Page 2:
Sidebar: Puppets and emotions alike destroyed...Kankurou is obliterated!
Kankurou: Ungh...my body's going numb...he must use poison, too...

Page 3:
Sasori: You've got some strong muscles, but you picked a fight with the wrong guy.
Your puppets' poison weapons all work like I predicted.
Kankurou: Why...? No one's ever been able to read me so easily...

Sasori: Heh, you look confused. You wondering why I noticed your traps so easily?
It's quite simple. The maker of "Karasu", "Kuroari" and "Sanshouuo"...
Is none other than me..

Page 4:
Sasori: I never thought I'd be fighting one of my cute little successors, using these hand-me-downs...
It's the most fun I've had in a while.

Kankurou: You're trying to tell me...that you're the legendary battle puppet designer..
Akasuna no Sasori! (The scorpion of the red sand)

Sasori: Hah, even an amateur like you knows my name. I'm honored.
Kankurou: 20 years ago...why did you leave the Sand?

Sasori: Why bother asking something like that when you're about to die?

Page 5:
Store sign: Dango (dumplings)
Temari: I'm not sure why, but...

Page 6:
Temari: I have a feeling...something bad's happened.

Page 7:
Sasori: Disappointing!

Page 8:
Sasori: I see the poison's taken effect.
Sasori: Haha...the pain must be indescribable...Since you seem to want to live so badly, I won't finish you off.
The poison will kill you within 3 days.

Page 9:
Kankurou: Gaara...
Damnit...
Voices: Over there!
He's been defeated...his puppets are trashed!

Page 10:
Naruto: We're off!
Sakura: Until we return, Master Tsunade!

Page 11:
Tsunade: See ya.
Iruka: Good luck!
Naruto: Yep!

Page 12:
Jiraiya: Hey! Off on a mission already, Naruto?
Naruto: Yes sir!
Jiraiya: Oh yeah. Bad news, Tsunade. The Hidden Sand's Kazekage's...
Tsunade: We know.

Tsunade: I'm sending them to the sand right now.
Jiraiya: Geez...you do realize what's going on with Akatsuki and Naruto, don't you?

Page 13:
Jiraiya: Naruto, c'mere for a second.
Naruto: They're after me, so this time, I'm gonna meet them head on!

Jiraiya: Look...yes, you've gotten stronger,
but if you lose your cool, you'll be digging your own grave.
You have a bad habit of getting riled up easily.
Naruto...I know you know this, but...

Page 14:
Jiraiya: Do NOT use that jutsu.
Naruto: ...Got it...

Jiraiay: Kakashi! Make sure Naruto doesn't do anything too reckless. I leave him to you.
Kakashi: Sure...

Page 15:
Naruto: Let's get moving, Kakashi-sensei! Sakura-chan!
Sakura: W-wait up!
Kakashi: Goodbye...
Jiraiya: Sheesh...

Tsunade: You worried?
Iruka: No...he's no longer a weak shinobi that I need to worry about. Sakura, as well...

Page 16:
Tsunade: It's a mysterious thing..."Growth".

Sand-nin 1: This is some kind of new poison..
There really doesn't seem to be any antidote.
Sand-nin 2: If we don't do something quickly...our limit is two or three days, at the most.

Baki: Gaara...and Kankuro, too...

Page 17:
Kankurou: Uhh..
Ugh...
Baki: If this keeps up...we'll have to consult with "the siblings," even though they're retired. (Unsure on this, it's rather cryptic )

Page 18:
Sakura: Temari-san!!

Page 19:
Deidara: You're late, Master Sasori...mmhmm.
Sasori: I see you're getting cocky...just because your target, "One-tail", is already taken care of.

Sasori: Next is my target...we still don't know where he is.
Things would've been easier if he'd been on the way.

Deidara: True...what kind of "Sacrificial power" was your target again?
Sasori: It doesn't matter.
We caught one "Sacrificial power," there won't be any complaints.

Bottom: What is this "Sacrificial power"? Next time: The unending hatred!

chabber935
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:40 PM
I question wether we will be introduced to a bunch of new characters w/demons inside them like Garra and Naruto. It's possibe that some of the Akatsuki members have already captured their targets or that someone we already know is one of the carriers. Kabuto would be a good choice for one considering the mystery that surrounds him. Plus they have never really explained his eye during the chunnin exam.

Also did anyone notice Kankuro managed to get a piece of Sasori's mask with that last attack. I bet it will end up being used to track them down once Sakura heals him and they report back to Tsunade that they have a lead.

ohpeekaboo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
eh.. not sure how thrilled i am at the idea of 7 new kids with demons in them. unfortunately, kishi has big probs using his limited 19 pages per week wisely. as much i love to see naruto, kakashi and sakura leave the leaf to travel into the woods, i feel like it's a scene that's been done time and time again and having some odd 4 pages (~25%) of a weeks manga devoted to it.. *snoooooooore*. in my opinion, if the series is going to take a more adult turn with the more adult characters, there needs to be a little more development and explanation going on. as it sounds now, the series continues to be one continual tease with (usually) disappointing results. i hate to say it, but i can almost FEEL that naruto's new jutsu is going to be hinted at for weeks and weeks before it's revealed to be some sort of brainless power-increase attack.

ah naruto.. what happened to the creativity you used to exhibit in battle scenes and dialogue.. (naruto hiding under the shuriken in the wave country arc? i haven't seen a character turn into something besides a clone of themselves in forever)

SilentSnake
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Wait a sec... was there a few pages missing from that scan or did the story skip a bit there? Kankurou was on the ground on the 1st page... and what happened to his other two puppets??

don't worry they'll probably extend the fight in the anime to a couple of episodes like they did with temari vs tenten...

just pray to your gods for them to not screw this one, I'm already seeing a preview with a flying poisoned part of karasu aimed at sasori with my eyes and something like "next time, kankurou's secret "please don't kill me" jutsu !!" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Phoenix23
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Doesn't Orochimaru look like someone that could have a demon in him?
(altered physical appearance and purple chakra)

PSJ
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:08 PM
no he doesnt.

great chapter, translation out now btw. so sasori is a sand shinobi, cool. "the red scorpion of the sand" what a title, i wonder if there are 1 tail 2 tails 3 tails->9 tails, there are 9 youma right? is it possible that all of them are present in the naruto world and that the akatsuki want all of them? i want to see naruto go all out now hell i want all of them to go all out.

Souryusen
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll be interested to see how many of the demons have human hosts. Hopefully not many.

edit: Actually.. hopefully none.

Knives122
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:17 PM
awsome chapter, someone said that maybe Sasori altered his body to make it more puppet like, well I think thats exactly what he did, it was actually cool to see Khan without his crap on(first time we've seen it), and After looking at the title(The Unending hatred) it could mean that Sasuke could be coming, but I doubt it(Ive learned not to trust the preview titles).

and I dont believe that every youma has a human host(would they ALL really be that careless)

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Do you all really think that Sasori has a puppet body? I think of him as more of as a freaky scorpion guy who just so happens to make attack puppets on the side as a hobby.

Hehehe I told you that all of the Atsuki members have some sort of title.

Kisame one of "the Seven Mist Swords Men"

Sasori "red scorpion of the sand"

Itachi "last of the Uchila"

I'm guessing most of the other members are legedary figures from each of their respective villages.

nests
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Do you all really think that Sasori has a puppet body? I think of him as more of as a freaky scorpion guy who just so happens to make attack puppets on the side as a hobby.

Hehehe I told you that all of the Atsuki members have some sort of title.

Kisame one of "the Seven Mist Swords Men"

Sasori "red scorpion of the sand"

Itachi "last of the Uchila"

I'm guessing most of the other members are legedary figures from each of their respective villages.

I think someone mention that maybe they where all legendary figures in their villages and it looks like that is the case

TwisT
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
WTF.. One of the best chapters ever.. "That jutsu", "siblings" and who is that other target???

But that poison-part is so predictable.. Sakura comes to the Sand and kankuro that has that poison that there is no antidote for, and cures him with her amazing healing powers..

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:18 PM
im a firm believer that any ninja with significantly non-human traits obtained it either from a bloodlimit or from self-mutilation

and i dont think a giant scorpion tail falls into the bloodlimit category

Raven
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
I wonder if each Akatsuki member has a definite target, and if the number of tails has anything to do with the demon's power level... I don't really think so, 'cause Gaara is the One Tail and he's just as powerful as Naruto, who is the Nine Tails.

You might still be right about the tails being relative to the power level. It's not Gaara and Naruto we're comparing when considering 1 tail vs. 9 tails, but the demons themselves, and we know that Naruto's demon is a lot more powerful than Gaara's.

Y
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I seriously hope the Akatsuki have a better motive than just "assemble demons, sacrifice them and use their powers for nefarious purposes."

What are their motives? Power? Hell, they can probably kill or conquer a small nation with just the nine of them, and it wouldn't be hard for them to assemble a fighting force that would conquer one for them. With even one of the hidden nation's resources they could launch assaults on the villages weakened by the war and conquer the world. So if that was their only objective they wouldn't even need the demons.

Maybe they're anarchists who want all of the Elder Demons released to bring chaos to the world.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:56 PM
theyre gonna have a BBQ, mmmm kyuubi burgers

weakest anbu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Sasori probally attached his soul to a puppet similar to oro's jutsu.

drcitan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: dragon608608

What the hell you talk about? Kankuro and Garra is brother (Watch the first chunnin exam for detail), and we both know that Garra is the son of Kagekage. Therefore, Kankuro, too, must be the sone of Kagekage. Even if we don't know this already, my question is how the hell the 4th of Konoha be the father of a gyu in Sand village? use your logic dude.

Dude the sand trio aren't really siblings to each other. When they call each other brother and sister its jus by title since they've been so close.

Masamune
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
no he doesnt.

great chapter, translation out now btw. so sasori is a sand shinobi, cool. "the red scorpion of the sand" what a title, i wonder if there are 1 tail 2 tails 3 tails->9 tails, there are 9 youma right? is it possible that all of them are present in the naruto world and that the akatsuki want all of them? i want to see naruto go all out now hell i want all of them to go all out.

Its scorpion of the red sand

Sidnne
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Didn't we see Kankurou without his garb on during the chuunin exam when they were in the hotel room and Gaara went off to the hospital to try to kill Lee?

I thought I remembered him having a sort of light brown hair and looking similar to Kiba...

I could be mistaken though.

Lefty
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I think the realeasing the demons theroy is al ittle crap. I think they want the powers of the demons for thems selfs. Nine members nine demons put the two and two together. Why you ask, total world domanance.

JusDaMan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:36 PM
251 out by inane via IRC ONLY! for now...

Raven
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Didn't we see Kankurou without his garb on during the chuunin exam when they were in the hotel room and Gaara went off to the hospital to try to kill Lee?

I thought I remembered him having a sort of light brown hair and looking similar to Kiba...

I could be mistaken though.
I seem to remember that too. No idea what chapter/episode though.

RasenDori
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan

wow, already, i should get it via irc before naruto fan ruins things. whats their channel?

Originally posted by: drcitan

Originally posted by: dragon608608

Dude the sand trio aren't really siblings to each other. When they call each other brother and sister its jus by title since they've been so close.

um... no, they are literally brothers and sister. check the forest exam, they are blood relatives. i have no idea if they have the same mother(s) though

Stoopider
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
eh.. not sure how thrilled i am at the idea of 7 new kids with demons in them.

Hopefully the other 7 aren't kids. Probably 1 or 2 of them adults? Or one a toddler?

WOuld be lame if their all Naruto's age. If they are.. they'll be some conspiracy to it again.

What is the power of sacrifice anyway? Sounds cool.

Do you think it's ssomething to do with the 4th sacrificing himself? Probably Naruto is the fourth, and he summoned the kyuubi to put the demon inside of him and transform into a baby instead of sacrificing himself using some weird jutsu? But somehow the jutsu backfired and he lost his memory as well? Perhaps the 4th wasn't that noble after all but wanted more POWER?

Well.. interesting what this 'Sacrifice' is all about. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Cool episode. I wonder if Naruto knows the body flicker no Jutsu. Or even Jiraiya doesn't know that jutsu.

EDIT: Inane translates 'Power of Human Sacrifice' as 'Monster in a human'. So that clear things up?

Y
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by: Lefty
I think the realeasing the demons theroy is al ittle crap. I think they want the powers of the demons for thems selfs. Nine members nine demons put the two and two together. Why you ask, total world domanance.

This is a stupid reason. One, because that is incredibly cliched. Two, because they could very easily just dominate the world WITHOUT going through the trouble of accumulating the Elder Demons.

Mut
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I have no doubt that if all nine Akatsuki members attacked an entire village, ANY village, they'd come out as the winners.

Mr.X
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:40 AM
inane's version is out. very fast this time. even an extra colored page at the end!

http://www.narutofan.com/index.php

Y
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:40 AM
I wish we had a group speedscanning the Naruto manga so we could avoid all the Inane dramabombs.

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by: RasenDori

Originally posted by: JusDaMan
wow, already, i should get it via irc before naruto fan ruins things. whats their channel?

mangareaders @ irc.irchighway.net

hmm well Naruto has a THAT jutsu, not to suprising really, maybe a kyubi partial release or something.

Kankurou is down, I think Sakura will be the one to heal him, to show the viewers some of her techniques and to show she can do something.

'Retired Sibling' Well seems there is one more Brother or Sister, but would be older than the three. Retired at a youg age? hmm wierd.

It seems everyone has a specified or a preference in choice for the Jinchuuriki they want.
except for Sasori at the moment, he doesn't give a fuck.

Also he has a wierd ass puppet mouth.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:31 AM
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/

Greatest site ever for those who dont have NarutoFan membership.

Mut
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:35 AM
I refuse to download from Narutofan.com

Those fuckers. I'd support Inane over Narutofan anyday.

mprose
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:00 AM
What 'Inane dramabombs"? And whats wrong with Narutofan ?

Masamune
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~rmazores/naruto/

Greatest site ever for those who dont have NarutoFan membership.

you dont need membership to DL manga from them.

only for complete episode direct downloads.

glitched
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:27 AM
by downloading naruto manga (translated by INANE) from narutofan are u technically "supporting" them? i dont see how as your just leeching from them.... its not like your donating or clicking ads or being active in the site/boards. all you really care about is naruto anyway... so who cares, just leech.

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:02 AM
You are supporting them in a way, Inane doesn't like what Narutofan do.

People donate money to Narutofan to use their servers when they should be getting it for free, or donating the money to the people who really deserve it, which is Inane.

Masamune
Fri, 03-11-2005, 07:01 AM
ugh , they can get it for free.

The manga is free. only for complete episodes of Naruto and bleach u need to have membership.

Also inane's site takes paypal donations

And Inane cant possibly expect for his works to be solely distributed on his channel. If mayor companies can't stop music/movies etc from being spread illegally. How's he going to expect to be the sole distributor.

Also how're ye gonne give permission about distribution about something you dont own. In fact it's illegal to even distribute it like that since the manga is licensed.

so meh!

Psyke
Fri, 03-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
I have no doubt that if all nine Akatsuki members attacked an entire village, ANY village, they'd come out as the winners.

Yup, but most probably after that the rest of the kages would hold a emergency meeting and declare a state of emergency to deal with akatsuki. They may be strong, but having the country turn against them isn't what they want, that's why they have been living in the shadows so discreetly for the past few years.

Werder
Fri, 03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Man that was a great chapter - I'm so excited about *that* move... I also think it will be something to do with kyuubi-chakra-releasing-something, but not anything to do with actually summoning him. I reckon that if it is, then the reasons Jiraya would be worried is that a) Naruto would be in an uncontrollable state until lots of damage has been done b)It perhaps finally uses up most of his chakra, so there can be no more 'Naruto gets up despite being beaten to a pulp/dead' after he uses it.

I'm a bit confused about the whole Jinchuuriki thing and what the Akatsuki are doing - You see, I got the impression that Sasori and Deidara were talking about at least one other Jinchuuriki, meaning there would be three including Gaara and Naruto - but why are people talking about there being loads more? Is it because they called Shukaku the One Tail? I don't think that means there are demons out there with two tails, (hey, anyone remember Miles 'Tails' Prower? heh heh heh), three tails, four tails.. I think they just called him 'one tail' because they know that another Akatsuki Jinchuuriki target happens to have 9 tails, and also it was Kishimoto making it clear that they were after Gaara's demon, not Gaara himself...

Or are there ather japanese mythical demons out there I know nothing about (probably)?

Not that I don't think it would be cool if there were some more, but I would like things to focus on the main characters we know already.. I guess I won't mind either way, as long as its kickass i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

RasenDori
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:34 AM
anyone consider that "that jutsu" is just kyuubi level 2? sure naruto may have a new move, but i doubt that its something completley self mutilating that jiraiya would worry about. kyuubi level 2 dangerous, and hurts naruto as we saw in the naruto sasuke fight.

PSJ
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I wish we had a group speedscanning the Naruto manga so we could avoid all the Inane dramabombs.

there is, over at narutochuushin, i believe that rmazores releases the speed translation to.

Rasendori, what exactly is kyuubi level 2? if what naruto did against sasuke wasnt "level 2" since just red eyes and chakra could be considered "level 1" i dont htink we should start discussing things in levels, thats just gonna spawn alot of dbz references and we've had enough of those.

just read inane's translation and i must say that inanes makes much more sense than that speed groups translation. this unending hatred and the retired sibling, i think sasori got a sibling in the sand and his/her hatred towards sasori would be the unending hatred, kind of a long shot but hey it might work. that is the most relevant thing right now, the leaf shinobi and temari gets to the sand and this "sibling" cures kankuro. if it for example is about sasuke's hatred towards itachi or orochimaru's hatred towards leaf village it will just start up more stuff and i dont think it needs to focus on orochimaru and sasuke for now, with the focus already on the akatsuki.

guardiankepeer
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM
That was wicked....by far one of the best chapters in this arc so far! Well im not sure but didn't that sand guys say that Temari retired....what a loser, very disapointing!!!! However...Jiraya really killed this chapter, but like other people, I hope that naruto didn't just learn one cool move only. Secondly, it was really weird to see kankurou wihtout his catsuit ....poor guy got poisoned. WEll guess its a good time for Sakura to demonstrate her medical jutsu, which was probably the whole point of Kankurou getting sick.

In addition, it should be obvious to all that somewhere in this arc naruto uses THE JUTSU. The situation is probably gonna be like usual, one of his friends is going to get captured, with no other hope of survival. Truthfully, I hope its Kakashi....it will show him to play favorites with sasuke and naruto......Can't wait for naruto to show him up!

TheEvil1
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:22 AM
anyone consider that "that jutsu" is just kyuubi level 2? sure naruto may have a new move, but i doubt that its something completley self mutilating that jiraiya would worry about. kyuubi level 2 dangerous, and hurts naruto as we saw in the naruto sasuke fight.

no i think its the jitsu that the 4th could do which game him the name "yellow flash"

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:29 AM
How can Temari be the retired sibling? She looks like she's busy enough with cordinating the chuunin exam for the new sand genin plus she's a jounin don't think they would have mentioned that if she had just plain given up on her ninja career.

nests
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe the retired sibling is Gaaras dad I dont think he died did he.

Werder
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:13 PM
No man, Gaara's dad was the Kazekage, and he was killed by Orochimaru during the chuunin exam. Plus a dad is not a sibling, only brothers or sisters.
But I can't suggest what retired sibling they are referring to..

Jman
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
bleh my browser screwed up

Jman
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
^Gaara's dad was the kazekage. He died some time before the konoha invasion. They found his body afterwards.

nests
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow I totally did not catch that
Then I guess is going to be some new character

Assertn
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:26 PM
ok, its hard to keep track of how action flows in manga frames, but im pretty sure that the first 2 frames of page 8 indicate that kankuro caught a piece of sasori's mask. I think............

So maybe, they can track him down using that?

Werder
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah I think you're right - time for Kakashi to summon Pukkan and his nose!

And Sakura will definitely do a healing thing, but I think she's grown alot more... I wonder if she will still be as useless or she'll have more skill than just uber-strength...

RasenDori
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:25 PM

there is, over at narutochuushin, i believe that rmazores releases the speed translation to.

Rasendori, what exactly is kyuubi level 2? if what naruto did against sasuke wasnt "level 2" since just red eyes and chakra could be considered "level 1" i dont htink we should start discussing things in levels, thats just gonna spawn alot of dbz references and we've had enough of those.

just read inane's translation and i must say that inanes makes much more sense than that speed groups translation. this unending hatred and the retired sibling, i think sasori got a sibling in the sand and his/her hatred towards sasori would be the unending hatred, kind of a long shot but hey it might work. that is the most relevant thing right now, the leaf shinobi and temari gets to the sand and this "sibling" cures kankuro. if it for example is about sasuke's hatred towards itachi or orochimaru's hatred towards leaf village it will just start up more stuff and i dont think it needs to focus on orochimaru and sasuke for now, with the focus already on the akatsuki.

yeah... well... i will just call it "beachball rasengan mode"

anyways i agree with the sibling being sasoris. the guy has to be pretty old, and that would be why hes retired. he may give some helpful info

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I like the idea that Naruto learned to summon Kyuubi instead of the toads. Maybe perform like Gaara growing body parts, but maybe becoming unstable because of it. Also if Naruto just loses his cool, Kyuubi will take over like all the other times and he will lose his control.

JusDaMan
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Naruto 251v2 is out by inane...! via IRC ONLY Again.

duno whats the difference...

Assertn
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:42 PM
well, one difference is that they changed "his retired sibling" to "those retired siblings"

which imo is a HUGE difference

Lefty
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:52 PM
I think Jiraya taugh him a new jutsu that we haven't seen yet or Naruto has learned to go Lv2 kyubi with kage bushin. Who knows well find out.

@Assertn: Yeah a slight change of grammer totaly makes a diffrence in how we enjoy the manga.

Elessar
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:00 PM
well, one difference is that they changed "his retired sibling" to "those retired siblings"

which imo is a HUGE difference

Yeah, that one seems to be the only difference. Couldn't find another either.

Well,
- Temari/Naruto/Sakura/Kakashi -> Sand
- Siblings + Sakura -> heal Kankuro
- interview Kankuro
- Pakkun + Sasori's cloth -> Kakashi/Sakura/Naruto/Temari(?!) follow Sasori
- Sasori -> oh my, there is a demon host
- *big bang*

weakest anbu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:47 PM
i have a feeling the "siblings" are the old kazekage's brother/sister.

Paulyboy
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Man I want Sasuke though, I hope he shows up, plus I wonder what the secret justsu is.

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't think we will be seeing Sasuke for at least another 10 chapters, I don't know why but i just don't think that we will be seeing him anytime soon.
I think they will stick it with Naruto, Akatsuki and Suna for a while longer

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Sasuke has been in almost every chap for 200+ chap so its good that we rest from him and focus on other stuff like akatsuki,sand etc.
We will se him soon anyway after this sand mission

Man i hope Naruto and co catch up to Sasori and Deiadra soon so we can see what Naruto has learned and how good Kakashi is compared to them. Not saying that they would win just i wanna see naruto and fight and see "that" justu and other jutsus.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:11 AM
And Neji goddamnit! I want to see jounin Neji nooow!

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Screw Neji i want Hinata,Rock Lee,Shino where the hell are they!!

relevasius
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:04 AM
If THAT JUTSU is a stupid Kyubi power up I will stop reading Naruto, haven't we had enough of this leveling up nonsense. I think Kishimoto is capable of something better than totally rad uber power-ups...yeah. I'm sure it's going to be a new jutsu that we haven't seen before, sure it might tap into the existing kyubi power, but anything else, imo, would be lame as hell.

RasenDori
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:08 AM
then you may as well stop reading right now, because im pretty certain its a given that its a kyuubi power up. i dont think that jiraiya is reckless enough to teach naruto a dangerous move. if you look at the look on narutos face when jiraiya tells him not to use "that" jutsu, it looks like naruto remembers doing something awful with it. i bet he totally lost control of himself sometime during the training and completely freaked everyone out. dont worry, im sure naruto has a few new moves, but i think the thing that worries jiraiya is kyuubi related.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
my two cents on akatsuki's goal:
I'm guessing that we're gonna see a samurai deeper kyo rip off, the akatsuki gather all the tails in order to complete the revival of the kyubi, and then we suddenly have a flashback to the last time kyubi was around, and we see the 4th talking to himself that someday naruto will have to fight against his destiney to become the kyubi... yada yada yada..

'that' jutsu better involve calling the kyubi using Sakura as the host...

PSJ
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:06 AM
then you may as well stop reading right now, because im pretty certain its a given that its a kyuubi power up. i dont think that jiraiya is reckless enough to teach naruto a dangerous move. if you look at the look on narutos face when jiraiya tells him not to use "that" jutsu, it looks like naruto remembers doing something awful with it. i bet he totally lost control of himself sometime during the training and completely freaked everyone out. dont worry, im sure naruto has a few new moves, but i think the thing that worries jiraiya is kyuubi related.

its a jutsu not a power up. it might have something to do with kyuubi's chakra but what doesnt when it comes to naruto? a simple kyuubi power up is just lame and boring and i think kishimoto got brains enough to know that.

in response to BOO Z, its simple to "revive" kyuubi, break the seal on naruto. if they need 8 demons to do that they sure are overestimating narutos power. akatsukis goals are probably something along world dominance or total control of the ninja world. they are all missing nins that supposedly dont like their respective village, they probably want to take over or destroy them.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I really hope that doesnt happen but in Naruto it just might happen.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:01 PM

in response to BOO Z, its simple to "revive" kyuubi, break the seal on naruto. if they need 8 demons to do that they sure are overestimating narutos power. akatsukis goals are probably something along world dominance or total control of the ninja world. they are all missing nins that supposedly dont like their respective village, they probably want to take over or destroy them.

Ok, third time. What makes you think the Akatsuki would even need any of the demons to take total control of the world? Orochimaru managed to scrape together enough resources to launch an invasion of Konoha that almost succeeded. The Akatsuki has nine members who are all incredibly dangerous criminals; it might even have more members as strong as Itachi, and he murdered his whole clan. If 1 member can murder a whole clan (as a teenager) then SURELY all nine of them can murder a small hidden village's leaders and take control of its resources, and even a small village combined with the Akatsuki would allow them to dominate the world. Hell, if all 9 of them attacked Konoha during the reconstruction period (or the period where there was no Hokage) they probably would have annihilated the village.

So why go through the trouble and wait years and years to reach a goal they could have already gotten?

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:23 PM
There are many hidden villages and countries in Naruto and no matter how strong akatsuki are they cant controll the world with only their skills and a small village. If there was a war then akatsuki doesnt have a chance agaianst thousand of opponents.

But if you have 9 demons who each are almost invinceble then you might controll the world.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
There are many hidden villages and countries in Naruto and no matter how strong akatsuki are they cant controll the world with only their skills and a small village. If there was a war then akatsuki doesnt have a chance agaianst thousand of opponents.

Yes they do.

Konoha's Jounin were all out on missions during the reconstruction. The Akatsuki could have easily captured Konoha during that time - or during the period prior since they had no Hokage. The only real threat is Jiraiya so I guess Itachi would just have to use the Mangekyou Sharingan and kill him. Remember - we see most Konoha defense ninjas getting killed in one hit with kunai during the invasion. Most of the Akatsuki members we have seen have giant area effect attacks that could kill hundreds of ninjas in 1 strike, like the clay bombs or Sasori's giant tail swipes. The Rookie Nine are the most talented Genin there and I don't think I have to describe how badly an encounter with them vs. an Akatsuki member would go. The rest are just cannon fodder who probably wouldn't even resist an invasion by nine of the most powerful people on Earth. They're ninjas. Most of them aren't free thinkers, they'll take orders from leaders no matter who they are.

The Sand was similarly depleted at this time. After gaining control of Konoha and getting the civilian populace and remaining ninjas formed into a makeshift military, beating the Sand would be easy as hell. Gaara had to save the fuckin' village from one Akatsuki member. Nine of them plus a small Konoha army? Owned. The rest of the villages' relative fighting powers can be seen in how little they participated in the Chuunin Exam. No other country was remotely as powerful as Konoha, and Konoha's a cripple now.

The Akatsuki could gain world power without the demons. Easily.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:19 PM
To back up what Y said... Itachi wasn't even a teenager at the time. He was 12! TWELVE MUTHAFUCKA. Like I said, I have no doubt the Akatsuki can kill off an entire village and even a country by themselves.

jing
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Claybomb akatsuki could have taken sand by himself.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:38 PM
You're right Mut, I just keep putting Itachi at 13 for some reason.

jing, the real trick would be to murder enough people to get the country to submit but leave their military forces intact. Laying waste to the village is neat and all but I assume the Akatsuki would want to rule something besides smoldering piles of rubble in this scenario.

They could just start killing village leaders. Or, honestly, just show up and declare themselves the rulers of Konoha. Who the fuck is gonna challenge all nine of them?

PSJ
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
didnt itachi become anbu leader at 14? so its impossible that he killed his clan when he was 12.

other than that you're probably right about the akatsuki, if these guys are at itachis level. if all of the rest are like kisame it will be much easier for konoha to take them out, kisame had trouble with kakashi who is indeed a powerful ninja but there are more at his level. bring out tsunade, jiraiya and some high jounins and this fight isnt as easy anymore.

Hellraiser
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Not that it matters since you're right, but I think he was ANBU captain at 13.

Elessar
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:13 PM
The want the demons as sparring-partners, because they can't find suitable strong opponents any more.... *hihi*

Assertn
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:48 PM
if you're gonna ask why the akatsuki want the demons, you might as well ask why orochimaru wants all the jutsus of the world

relevasius: you should've realized that naruto is going to do more and more with the kyubi power ups as the series progresses way back when he first used it on haku.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:02 PM
didnt itachi become anbu leader at 14? so its impossible that he killed his clan when he was 12.
Itachi massacred his clan at 12. Trust me.

XTCBoY2K
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Itachi became ANBU squad leader at 13.

relevasius
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:37 PM
I know that naruto will use more and more of the kyubi, and I'm not really against it, It's just that I find it hard to believe that after being alone with Jiraiya for 3 years that he hasn't learned some solid jutsus, and for "that jutsu" to be a kyubi powerup would be a waste of a time-jump. What kind of character development is that? Last time we left off he was doing kyubi powerups and now three years down the line that's still his trump card. Will he use the kyubi's chakra, probably. Will it be a power up, like shooting chakra arms, I hope not. It's about time we get to see Naruto as a great ninja without relying on the kyubi cause it'll cheapen everything about Jiraiya as a teacher.

Assertn
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:18 PM
if naruto was training for over 2 years, and jiraiya expects him to confront akatsukis while refraining from using "that jutsu", then im sure that means he has other great moves he can perform instead. Just that one page in the manga of naruto in the bell rematch was proof enough to me

JusDaMan
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
yea... itachi became anbu at age 13.. chapter 142 page 12.

in other news... I bet naruto's new move is a ULTRA HENGE! ability to copy not only the person/object. but the memory, powers, and weaknesses also! AHAHHAHAHA similar to that copy guy from yu yu hakusho!

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:12 PM

Yes they do.

Konoha's Jounin were all out on missions during the reconstruction. The Akatsuki could have easily captured Konoha during that time - or during the period prior since they had no Hokage. The only real threat is Jiraiya so I guess Itachi would just have to use the Mangekyou Sharingan and kill him. Remember - we see most Konoha defense ninjas getting killed in one hit with kunai during the invasion. Most of the Akatsuki members we have seen have giant area effect attacks that could kill hundreds of ninjas in 1 strike, like the clay bombs or Sasori's giant tail swipes. The Rookie Nine are the most talented Genin there and I don't think I have to describe how badly an encounter with them vs. an Akatsuki member would go. The rest are just cannon fodder who probably wouldn't even resist an invasion by nine of the most powerful people on Earth. They're ninjas. Most of them aren't free thinkers, they'll take orders from leaders no matter who they are.

The Sand was similarly depleted at this time. After gaining control of Konoha and getting the civilian populace and remaining ninjas formed into a makeshift military, beating the Sand would be easy as hell. Gaara had to save the fuckin' village from one Akatsuki member. Nine of them plus a small Konoha army? Owned. The rest of the villages' relative fighting powers can be seen in how little they participated in the Chuunin Exam. No other country was remotely as powerful as Konoha, and Konoha's a cripple now.

The Akatsuki could gain world power without the demons. Easily.

They cant do anything if every hidden village and country goes together and attack Akatsuki how are they gonna protect and fight against so many villages when they have had problems getting Naruto and Gaara....

Also who says that only konoha have legendary ninjas. Let say there is one jiraya in every village that would take care of the akatsuki problem.

I mean Diedra is one of them and she didnt exacly crush Gaara and there are many ninjas stronger than him.

Also there is no way that Jiraya a legendary ninja would lose just cause of the mangekeyou Sharingan, if that was the case then Itachi could grab Naruto anytime he wants. Not say to Kisame that they wouldn't be sure to survive if they fought Jiraya.

We will se soon why they want the demons and if they want them to take over the world then we know that they cant take over the world easily as you said without the demons.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:52 PM

They cant do anything if every hidden village and country goes together and attack Akatsuki how are they gonna protect and fight against so many villages when they have had problems getting Naruto and Gaara....

They don't have problems getting Naruto unless he is defended by a Sannin and Itachi has already used the Mangekyou Sharingan too many times for safety. They dealt with Gaara as Kazekage within MINUTES. Also, why would EVERY country immediately gang up on the rising Akatsuki? Who the hell would be the first to say "I think attacking the world's 9 strongest ninjas while they are gathering forces in what was the strongest Hidden Village is an awesome idea!"

Also who says that only konoha have legendary ninjas. Let say there is one jiraya in every village that would take care of the akatsuki problem.

A ridiculous assumption. You're assuming that there are legendary ninjas that we haven't heard of? Great, I just assume every Akatsuki member other than the ones we've seen is better than Itachi, so they could kill a sannin 1v1. Yeah it's ridiculous, but so is assuming there is a ninja capable of beating two Akatsuki members SOLO in every village.

I mean Diedra is one of them and she didnt exacly crush Gaara and there are many ninjas stronger than him.

Like who? Not any Sand ninjas we've ever seen. Also, Gaara is ludicrously stronger than 99% of the ninjas we've seen. As in, he can do whole orders of magnitude more damage than their best powers. Yet he got his ass beat and if he hadn't been there Diedra could have blown up HUGE sections of the Sand Village with her bombs.

Also there is no way that Jiraya a legendary ninja would lose just cause of the mangekeyou Sharingan, if that was the case then Itachi could grab Naruto anytime he wants. Not say to Kisame that they wouldn't be sure to survive if they fought Jiraya.

Who says he can't grab Naruto whenever he wants? Like he said, his purpose isn't to quickly capture the elder demons. Time is not a factor for them. Whatever they're preparing, giving the village three years advance warning won't hinder it.

We will se soon why they want the demons and if they want them to take over the world then we know that they cant take over the world easily as you said without the demons.

No, it would be a plot hole, and a stupid one at that.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Itachi can kick Jiraiya's ass. Jiraiya is lucky Itachi wasted two mangekyou sharingans before the encounter. Itachi would've had Jiraiya sucking his own dick.

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:50 PM
We have no idea how strong Jiraiya is...we have yet to see him actually fight full strength. We just know he is really strong..but how strong exactly is unknown. And I am sure Jiraiya would be able to counter the Mangekyou Sharingan...he is not called a Sannin for nothing.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Counter Mangekyou Sharingan?

Nope, there is no way to counter it unless you have sharingan yourself and you're a full blooded Uchiha. That's a fact. Don't tell me you're gonna bring up Gai's "look at the feet" method. That's just a waste of time.

Jiraiya sure is strong, but he is getting old. Itachi is just going into his prime. Jiraiya is fucked. Just admit it you guys.

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
What about a mirror??? heh perhaps his only deathly gaze will be relfected back at him hahaha.

drowelf
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:08 PM
So do you all think that Kankuro will make new puppets for himself after finding out that the Sasori made his old one?

Shin_Naruto
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:09 PM
how dare you question Mut@t@'s opinion

fool.

edit:

vv psyke vvv (and in general)
The brilliant part about the Naruto series is that its not 'power level' driven. There is more then one strength that characters have. It's been the staple since episode one. If Naruto could beat a Chunin when he wasnt even a Gennin... then percieved power cant be relied upon.

And bottom line... it goes down however kishimoto wants it to go down.

Psyke
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:09 PM
If the Mangekyou Sharingan was that strong Itachi would have been invincible. What Gai did during his encounter with Itachi was important, as it needed direct eye contact for the Mangekyou Sharingan to connect. As for the Jiraiya vs Itachi argument I belive Itachi is stronger, because Jiraiya is at max around the same level as Orochimaru, who have admitted himself that he is not strong enough to take on Itachi.

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:13 PM
You are basing Jiriayas Strength on what? He could be weaker then Orochimaru or much stronger.....we have NO idea.

Souryusen
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Counter Mangekyou Sharingan?

Nope, there is no way to counter it unless you have sharingan yourself and you're a full blooded Uchiha. That's a fact. Don't tell me you're gonna bring up Gai's "look at the feet" method. That's just a waste of time.

Jiraiya sure is strong, but he is getting old. Itachi is just going into his prime. Jiraiya is fucked. Just admit it you guys.

Itachi is a pussy. I bet Kakashi counters the Mangekyo by smacking ol' Uchiha upside the head with his dick.

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:59 AM
Sometimes I really wish Kishimoto wouldn't have introduced Itachi at all....

Stoopider
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Itachi's alright.

Though I don't know if he's overestimated, underestimated.(?)

But 2 Akatsuki needing to run from Jiraiya when their goal is directly in front of their eyes have to account for something. Unless they feared there were Konoha ninja's hot on their tail as well.. (Gai i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

Plus, why didn't they take a rest and counter attack again? (considering Itachi can use Mangekyou Sharingan only few times a day)

Then There's the (3 years) thing again and what were they doing during those 3 years?

basey44
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:40 AM
what do u think they were doing? making little uchihas im sure i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
wouldnt be surprised if a heap of little itachi's start popping up in all different villages

Polarice
Sun, 03-13-2005, 05:26 AM
At the end of 251 they said how Akatsuki wanted to capture some juunchiro or something. A monster sealed inside the human. There are only 2 characters I can think of Naruto with Nine Tales Demon and Gaara with Raccoon Dog Demon, but it can't be Gaara.So, I guess the Akatsuki that Sasori will try to take out Nine Tales from Naruto? But where would they store it? They can't just let it stay around and obviously can't just absorb into their bodies. Just my speculation, but I'm wondering what Gaara is for, could they try to take out Shukaku from him and use him as a vessel for Nine Tales? It makes sense as him being a human pilla or strength? Also, what is Naruto's new Jutsu he learned with JIraaya gonna be like? Jiraaya said to not use it at all costs? Could it be that Naruto can summon Nine Tales in some form and make himself go even more berserk? But if that were to happen, then Akatsuki could capture Nine Tales with some jutsu maybe.

kAi
Sun, 03-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Jinchuuriki means Power of Human Sacrifice, in this case 'A monster sealed inside a human through sacrifice' - Inane

There are only 2 characters I can think of Naruto with Nine Tales Demon and Gaara with Raccoon Dog Demon, but it can't be Gaara.So, I guess the Akatsuki that Sasori will try to take out Nine Tales from Naruto?

That's because they're the only one's introduced thus far.

The last lines in Chapter 251.

Deidara: "Yeah... Speaking of which, which 'Jinchuuriki' is Sasori-danna's opponent"
Sasori: "Well... My opponent is anyone... As long as I get one 'Jinchuuriki' then there's no problems right...?"

With this said it is safe to say there are more people with a Demon inside of them.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:10 AM

They don't have problems getting Naruto unless he is defended by a Sannin and Itachi has already used the Mangekyou Sharingan too many times for safety. They dealt with Gaara as Kazekage within MINUTES. Also, why would EVERY country immediately gang up on the rising Akatsuki? Who the hell would be the first to say "I think attacking the world's 9 strongest ninjas while they are gathering forces in what was the strongest Hidden Village is an awesome idea!"

A ridiculous assumption. You're assuming that there are legendary ninjas that we haven't heard of? Great, I just assume every Akatsuki member other than the ones we've seen is better than Itachi, so they could kill a sannin 1v1. Yeah it's ridiculous, but so is assuming there is a ninja capable of beating two Akatsuki members SOLO in every village.

Like who? Not any Sand ninjas we've ever seen. Also, Gaara is ludicrously stronger than 99% of the ninjas we've seen. As in, he can do whole orders of magnitude more damage than their best powers. Yet he got his ass beat and if he hadn't been there Diedra could have blown up HUGE sections of the Sand Village with her bombs.

Who says he can't grab Naruto whenever he wants? Like he said, his purpose isn't to quickly capture the elder demons. Time is not a factor for them. Whatever they're preparing, giving the village three years advance warning won't hinder it.

No, it would be a plot hole, and a stupid one at that.

There can be legendary level ninjas who arent know just like Itachi,im sure he isnt thought a legendary ninja level outside Konoha.

Konoha heard about Gaara being taken away and everybody knows what akatsuki wants so it would be understandble if other villages with demons inside their kids allied themself with Sand and Konoha to protect themself from akatsuki.

Who says he can't grab Naruto whenever he wants? Before Itachi was to tired from using sharingan he said that he wasnt sure to survive if he faught,so whe know he isnt sure if he can beat Jiraya.

If 9 ninjas could take over the world easy this manga would be lame thats why kishimoto made them chase after the demons.....

Also i like how you think they can take over the world when we have seen only four of them fight and two of them wasnt all that thinking about Diedra,Kisame.

Augury
Sun, 03-13-2005, 05:48 PM
From what we've seen of Jiraiya, most of the jutsu's he used aren't "copyable" in the battlefield situation he uses it in. When he encounters Itachi and Kisame, he summon's a frog esophagus. In the Sannin fight, he creates a swamp to sink Orochimaru's lesser snakes. This is pretty smart fighting; the moves he uses aren't counterable by simply copying them.

Itachi's strength? Sure, he's pretty damn strong, but just because he has the mangekyou doesn't mean he's invincible. Itachi says that the only way to counter his mangekyou is by also having a mangekyou, but this refers to a direct counter. An indirect counter such as the one used by Jiraiya can be used too.

Also, Kishimoto can introduce "legendary" ninja's from other villages whenever he wants. We never heard about Sasori until recently, but he's considered a legendary ninja from the Sand. The logic of "we would've known about other legendary ninja's by now" is flawed. Besides the Sand and Leaf, there are many other villages that Kishimoto hasn't tapped in to to add to the storyline yet. In addition, the chuunin exam is a measure of a village's current strength, not previous strength. Legendary ninjas would come from the past, and may or may not have (like the Sannin) retired from their village.

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Who says he can't grab Naruto whenever he wants? Before Itachi was to tired from using sharingan he said that he wasnt sure to survive if he faught,so whe know he isnt sure if he can beat Jiraya.
Stop confusing yourself. Itachi didn't fight Jiraiya cuz he wasted two mangekyou sharingans before the encounter. God dammit, how many times do I need to say this?

Originally posted by: Augury
From what we've seen of Jiraiya, most of the jutsu's he used aren't "copyable" in the battlefield situation he uses it in. When he encounters Itachi and Kisame, he summon's a frog esophagus. In the Sannin fight, he creates a swamp to sink Orochimaru's lesser snakes. This is pretty smart fighting; the moves he uses aren't counterable by simply copying them.
Stop trying to spread misinformation. It specifically said in the manga, that sharingan can copy, read, and defeat all jutsus except bloodline jutsus.

Itachi's strength? Sure, he's pretty damn strong, but just because he has the mangekyou doesn't mean he's invincible. Itachi says that the only way to counter his mangekyou is by also having a mangekyou, but this refers to a direct counter. An indirect counter such as the one used by Jiraiya can be used too.
??? Which 'indirect counter' did Jiraiya use to fight off Tsukuyomi? Tsukuyomi was never even used on Jiraiya.

Assertn
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:56 PM
one of the things i liked back in the first saga of naruto was the sense that there was no significant imbalance between the forces of good and bad.....the idea of an akatsuki being able to walk into a village and take their leader head on was pretty lame :/

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Stop trying to spread misinformation. It specifically said in the manga, that sharingan can copy, read, and defeat all jutsus except bloodline jutsus.Unless they go beyond the capabilities of the sharingan user. Copying a summon is no good if you haven't subscribed to the creatures service. The copy will fail or be useless.
Copying some taijutsu is no good if you can't keep the speed. The copy will fail or be useless.
Copying some weird-ass large ninjutsu is no good if you don't have enough chakra. The copy will fail or be useless.

The only thing we've seen from Jiraiya that can be instantaniously copied is his hair-armor and the swamp iirc. Everything else required some sort of training even if you figured out how it works, or a summon-contract. Well, Rasengan could be instant-copy too, depending on your chakra control level.

Assertn
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:20 PM
the way sharingan copies jutsus is that it copies the handseals used to perform the jutsu. Rasengan has no hand seals, therefore sharingan cant copy it

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by: Elessar

Stop trying to spread misinformation. It specifically said in the manga, that sharingan can copy, read, and defeat all jutsus except bloodline jutsus.Unless they go beyond the capabilities of the sharingan user. Copying a summon is no good if you haven't subscribed to the creatures service. The copy will fail or be useless.
Copying some taijutsu is no good if you can't keep the speed. The copy will fail or be useless.
Copying some weird-ass large ninjutsu is no good if you don't have enough chakra. The copy will fail or be useless.

The only thing we've seen from Jiraiya that can be instantaniously copied is his hair-armor and the swamp iirc. Everything else required some sort of training even if you figured out how it works, or a summon-contract. Well, Rasengan could be instant-copy too, depending on your chakra control level.
Hey, I don't know how the sharingan copying stuff works and neither do you. I'm just going by what the anime said. As far as I'm concerned sharingan can learn every jutsu except the bloodline ones, that's why Orochimaru wants it.

Shin_Naruto
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
The little ninjutsu we have seen from Jiraiya is either NOT copyable (requires a pact with the frogs) or if it is coppied it doesnt matter (hare needles for defense (not usefull for someone on the offense), and the swamp)
and the Rasengan doesnt require any seals for a reason =P

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey, I don't know how the sharingan copying stuff works and neither do you. I'm just going by what the anime said.
So do I. The manga clearly said:

- if you don't have enough chakra for a jutsu, it will fail and you might die.
- you can't summon without a blood-contract
- you have to be physically able to perform copied taijutsu.

I'm just not looking at statements from the manga as isolated as you seem to do when it comes to to Itachi.

RasenDori
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by: Elessar

Hey, I don't know how the sharingan copying stuff works and neither do you. I'm just going by what the anime said. As far as I'm concerned sharingan can learn every jutsu except the bloodline ones, that's why Orochimaru wants it.
the sharingan magically look at moves and grant its user the ability to use it? if that was the case, then why couldnt a sharingan user copy a blood line ability? from what we have sean the sharingan grants the user the ability to interpret a persons or objects next movement (which is where you get the sharingan controlled shurikens on a string techneque).weve seen sasuke copy movements like lees taijutsu, are to cheat in the examine. weve seen kakashi copy jutsus that used seals to form them, but have we seen anyone copy a jutsu that didnt use hand seals? no. so my anlaysis is that the sharingan copies jutsu by reading the hand seals used to perform them. the sharigan user cannot copy the move if it is something that their bodies arent capiable of doing (i.e. bloodlines are freak experiment induced moves). also when a move is done without seals (rasengan) or shortcut seals (kage bunshin ... this one is my most baseless part of the theory) then the sharingan cant copy it...

by the way... i havent read most of the pages since starting arguing about that akatsukis motives... but... what does the sharingan have to d owith this topic?

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
I haven no idea what it has to do with this topic, but I think sharingan was brought up because of Jiraiya vs Itachi.

- if you don't have enough chakra for a jutsu, it will fail and you might die.
Okay... and this has what to do with copying?

- you can't summon without a blood-contract
Duh, I know.

- you have to be physically able to perform copied taijutsu.
Just because someone isn't physically fit enough to perform the taijutsu, that doesn't mean that person can't copy it. Itachi could see someone do the most insane taijutsu ever and although he won't be able to do it, it doesn't necessarily mean he won't be able to copy it.

Lefty
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:55 PM
All the sharingan does is allow the user to see several move into the future and plan accordengly. Thats how they can see hand seals and copy Jutsu. It's not that it gives them instant knowladge of the Jutsu or anything, it allows them to look ahead and givien their skill copy, defend, or counter an attack.

kyubisrage
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Does that mean they can see their death?

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
In the anime at least, I think kakashi explained that the sharingan allows its user to see and understand the underpinnings of any technique. So in addition to knowing the hand seals, they also know how to mold the chakra to perform the technique. So basically, any technique can be seen will be understood and therefore copied. So a technique like the rasengan that doesn't require any hand seals can also be copied, although the user would have to go through a lot of trouble to gain the chakra control and stamina needed to use it. This task would be made easier, however, by the knowledge imparted by the sharingan. That's why Sasuke was able to gain Lee's taijutsu techniques in a month or less.

Augury
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Stop trying to spread misinformation. It specifically said in the manga, that sharingan can copy, read, and defeat all jutsus except bloodline jutsus.
I'm not trying to spread misinformation. I put "copyable" in quotes because it's obvious that the sharingan can copy the jutsu. Jiraiya's use of the jutsu makes it so that It's just not useful to copy it. Perhaps "counterable" is a better word to use, but isn't the point of being able to copy a jutsu to counter it? If copying a jutsu is useless as a counter, the copy is pointless unless it's used at a future time. The whole point of my post was to indicate that Jiraiya uses jutsus that aren't counterable by the sharingan in the present battle he uses it in, so therefore defeating Itachi is a possibillity, -- and therefore there may be other ninjas other than Jiraiya with the ability to defeat Itachi as well.

??? Which 'indirect counter' did Jiraiya use to fight off Tsukuyomi? Tsukuyomi was never even used on Jiraiya.
I didn't say that tsukuyomi was used on Jiraiya, or that he actually countered it. I said that he <u>can</u> counter it using a method similar to those that I mentioned above that paragraph.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-17-2005, 07:03 AM
one of the things i liked back in the first saga of naruto was the sense that there was no significant imbalance between the forces of good and bad.....the idea of an akatsuki being able to walk into a village and take their leader head on was pretty lame :/

I gave up on the story of this manga a while ago now i just wanna see some cool fighting the rest dont intrest me anymore.