PDA

View Full Version : Episode 125 Discussion

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
its out by DB

http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/

Just so you know, the moderators are going to try a new policy involving episode previews. If you want to discuss previews for the episode, create a new thread for it. Any discussion of the previews in this thread will be considered spoilers.

GotWoot Moderator

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Awesome. Can't believe that ended so quickly. Just great.

Death count +2.

As I've said before, in the manga forums, Sakon's death is surprisingly gory for this series.
I love it. But yeah, RIP.

Oh yeah and a RIP to Tayuya too of course, that hot little demon thing.
Though I'm not sure if she's dead. But I guess so... eh.

Next ep will probably deliver as well... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LaZie
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:35 AM
so he died in this episode eh? that was quick

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
You'll be surprised at how quick it was.

Ah well.

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Awesome. Can't believe that ended so quickly. Just great.

Death count +2.

As I've said before, in the manga forums, Sakon's death is surprisingly gory for this series.
I love it. But yeah, RIP.

Next ep will probably deliver as well...

What? You downloaded it already? No fair.

I hope kimi dies in the next episode though, people love him to much.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:39 AM
NoOooo. They can't take 2 sexy fags from the show in such a quick succession. That must be illegal!

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:54 AM
wow.........i was a bit dissappointed in db's translations this time......

"im not usually the one on top?" ok wow.......im sure they couldve come up with something less.....questionable for it

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM
lol yeah that was like out of the blue, entirely.
There must be 20 translations that makes more sense than that one.

Y
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I'd just like to say that it still amazes me how effortlessly Temari gang bangs Tayuya. She just shows up and pulls a summon out of her ass.

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:03 AM
i'd also like to know how tayuya could still use her flute after it was sliced up the first time

Tohan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah, hehe, made me snicker during the start, as the beginning was a bit long lasting. But, oh, what a finish on Sakon i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif And also, it did say "Secret Jutsu," so I guessed it had to be something on the edge. Haha, Terra has finally come to the right conclusion about Kim i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ooooooh, the tension between Kim and Gaara, it's like burning my monitor.

jing
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:06 AM
im looking forward to next ep... this ep was so-so.. the finger bones were pretty weird looking..when the flesh started closing up the holes...
oh i suppose someone should make this thread a sticky.

Y
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i'd also like to know how tayuya could still use her flute after it was sliced up the first time

you could still see it cut off at the end; presumably it would still work (and sound like shit) if she covered the end with her finger.

Tohan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I agree with the weird fingers, but other than that, this episode was a killer. Temari was just so effective. Two attacks then gg. So refreshing with such "fast-paced matches". Putting them in goose-eyes as they really just finished the match.

Xollence
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Great episode, I'm glad they didn't drag out the battles.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Has anyone seen the version by that new sub group Life? Is it any good? I'm just wondering if their translation is better then DB.

Cerberus
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Good ep. Those fights were concluded rather quickly, which is good. I loved seeing Temari's and Kankurou's new abilities... I always thought the sand genin were badass. The last of the sound four got their asses handed to them i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. I can't wait to see the next one, especially now that there's only one more thing to focus on... (Oh yeah, there's Naruto chasing Sasuke too, right? Ah well....)
I couldn't help but think dirty when he said, "I'm not usually the one on top"....... but I guess that's already an easy target to poke fun out of.

Krbadass
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Episode 125, finally a decent ep with minimal flashbacks.

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:44 AM
It was an ok episode. It's about time they killed the sound 4, they were starting to get a bit tedious.

Now here it is, your moment of obligitory gifs:

http://img239.exs.cx/img239/3240/ouch6cf.gif

Sorry, this weeks gif sucks.

SunDogg
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:54 AM
How did the SAND NINs becomes so powerful?!? HOLY CRAP.. thats what i said when Temari summoned and wiped out an entire forest. Like did Shikamaru and Shino take out the Sand Nins during the Chuunin examns??? And weren't they both scared to face Sasuke??? and now they are taking out the Sound Nins with eases. Lets remember these are the same Sound Nins that Neji and Chouji had to sacrifice themselves to defeat. I mean... if you look back at the Chuunin exams. If Temari and Kankurou fought Neji, I'm pretty sure they would have been owned.

Any comments on the this surprisingly fast progress of the Sand Nins?

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:57 AM
the sound nins were already worn from battle.....especially sakon/ukon.....them falling for kankuro's trap was just careless

besides, dont forget.....with the sand village its always been quality over quantity....they're on average a superior breed of nins

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Hahaha! Holy crap Temari is the fucking SHIT! Fucking scything ginsu ferret!!

That was pretty awsome, but I wish they had stretched out those two fights into at least one episode each. I mean, they really make the Konoha ninjas look like bitches when the Sand just come in an obliterate the last two Sound.

I'm really hoping Kimi puts up more of a fight against Gaara especially since he hasn't had to use his 2nd level seal yet.

Raiikoh
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:29 AM
I think the beginning was a bit ...... pointless.... such long recap of last episode. But dang the sand nins didnt come out to play this time..... they cam out to woop some ass. Bust out the finishing moves and go home.... not a bad plan if you think about it. Shikamaru should adopt it heh heh.

Assassin
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:33 AM
great ep.finally the 2 month long fights are done...well almost.

but whatever happened to that ninja weasel that came out of temari's fan? i thought it woud like sneakup and stab the demon chick or something.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:37 AM
The weasel is what was cutting down the forest, it was moving too fast to see, all you saw was its scyth flashing.

Oh also, noticed that the Sand ninjas are in the opening now.

Kagari
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Kankuro.....that was fuckin ruuuuthless....my jaw dropped, but i loved it.

Temari o_O I think shika has a crush on her.

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:14 AM
What a useless episode. We didn't even get to see Kimimaro fight. I guess I have to wait another freaking week.

kooshi
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:46 AM
Regardless, this was a pretty good episode. Gaara still seems to have some of his old attitude when he talked to Lee, haha.
Well, it makes sense that Sakon, Ukon, and Tayuya would die easily. They faced against Genma and Raidou already, which made them exhausted after the battle, not to mention that they had to keep running with the barrel without resting during the night, only to fight the other leaf Genin. Once that was over, here comes the Sand. Haha, so many battles for them, it's no wonder they died easily. Still, Kankurou and Temari's new techniques are awesome. Two puppets + a crazyass ferret, jeez, those two have grown quite powerful. Wonder what Gaara has up his sleeve...

Tohan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
Kankuro.....that was fuckin ruuuuthless....my jaw dropped, but i loved it.

Exactly my though too. And she really really liked showing off to him.

Kortir
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:22 AM
My impression of ep. 125:
Kiba: d00d, I is so smrt knowing teh sand was gonna show up.
Kankurou: Shaddap. Puppet power! Hey, I'm a magician. In goes a two-headed guy, out comes a corpse!
Sakon: *splort*
-------------------
Shikamaru: Hey sand-bitc... eh, girl. What you want?
Temari: I'm gonna pwn this guy with my wind of doom! And then maybe take you somewhere private. Random summon time! *collapses trees on flute girl*
Tayuya: belated eep! *dies*
Shikamaru: You've never been so sexy as you are right now.
---------------------
Lee: zomg, weren't you just killing me earlier?
Gaara: ... yeah.
Lee: Oh, okay. look out for his BONES!
Gaara: ...
Kimourou: ...
----------------------
Naruto: Sasuke!

Tohan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Kortir: Add icons to each line and you have made a spoiler for the New Adventures of Sakon -Z-

kaigan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:11 AM
sweet, they're cleaning up the trash for the gaara and kimi fight. The kankuro puppets were pretty cool. the tamari fight was quite disappointing, it depicts as if tayuya was a weakling and just dies, which is not the case.

awesome.

Jessper
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:35 AM

heh, I thought the same thing and that she might have a crush on him too. Also, I enjoyed her line after the fight was over.

What a useless episode. We didn't even get to see Kimimaro fight. I guess I have to wait another freaking week.

lol

Darkwraith
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:53 AM
I guess part of the reason why the Sand nin won quite comfortably was because their abilities were mutually opposite to those of the Sound. Sakon/Ukon required living cells to merge with but couldn't use that power because Kankuro's puppent isn't alive. And as Shika mentioned, Tayuya couldn't utilize her techniques as they revolve around sound waves which can easily be repelled by Temari's wind attacks.

Tohan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:08 AM
And kimimaro is all about physical attacks, and you can't hit Gaara. Gaara won, cool! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I don't dare watch the 126 preview. I guess they had to put in some romance since it's been quite some since time Sakura tried to make a wuss out of Sasuke.

chambers
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:07 AM
i find it very hard to believe that someone as head strong and passionate as rock lee would simply dismiss the fact that his life wa sput on the line against gaara, not to mention that the fight was so intense he attempted to carry on even after being KO'd'. thats a character breaking flaw IMO.

Musashi
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:36 AM
awesome ep, the new Temari's and Kankurou's stuff kick ass, Temari summons that animal - the forest disappeares, nice way of killing sakon/ukon, i thought it will be more Gaara vs Kimi battle in this ep but it appeares it'll be a whole battle in the next, can't wait to see that

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
hehehe im loving this part of the anime more than i thought i would now that the sand has shown up

Y
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by: SunDogg
How did the SAND NINs becomes so powerful?!? HOLY CRAP.. thats what i said when Temari summoned and wiped out an entire forest. Like did Shikamaru and Shino take out the Sand Nins during the Chuunin examns??? And weren't they both scared to face Sasuke??? and now they are taking out the Sound Nins with eases. Lets remember these are the same Sound Nins that Neji and Chouji had to sacrifice themselves to defeat. I mean... if you look back at the Chuunin exams. If Temari and Kankurou fought Neji, I'm pretty sure they would have been owned.

Any comments on the this surprisingly fast progress of the Sand Nins?

They got good matchups that accent their powers, and they went for death strikes immediately.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

and they went for death strikes immediately.

the way ninjas are meant to, none of this playing around shit, i wish the whole anime was like this

RaZzy
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Edit: We have separate threads for ep previews now.

GotWoot Moderator

Insane Ear
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Ok episode, I'm glad they didn't drag out the fights, but the recap of the last episode was way too long. I'm also glad that they got these 2 fights over with, which means next episode will just be Garra vs Kimi, which will be an amazing fight. It's worth it to wait an extra week for a fight without interuptions.

z0diac
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice ep. It is so nice when battles end quickly for a change and dont drag out. And yeah i agree that the sound nin suddenly got strong like shit when it doesnt make sense according to old eps. But the Naruto folks like doing that - just like Lee is a match for Kimi and Naruto isnt even though Naruto is supposed to be stronger.

What really bothered me on this one was the drawing. did anyone notice this is one of the most poorly drawn eps in a long time? i mean gaara's face looked like they belong to one fat bitch and kankuro's face and proportions were all messed up most of the time and Temari's face looked weird as well. In short - you could see the first few minutes were from the ep before and not this one i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Aeon
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Temari's ferret was cool, I kinda feel bad for Tayuya since she never stood a chance.

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I still think it was an ok episode. I am glad they took out all the stuff so the next episode can be a good wholesome Gaara vs. Kimi fight.

Well duh, it was sort of obvious since the chuunin exams.

Kagari
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
i find it very hard to believe that someone as head strong and passionate as rock lee would simply dismiss the fact that his life wa sput on the line against gaara, not to mention that the fight was so intense he attempted to carry on even after being KO'd'. thats a character breaking flaw IMO.

Im not sure I agree...Rock Lee was clearly baffled at the sand carrying him away, and he immediately recognized that garra was not there to waste him...Rock Lee Understands that in the Chunin Exam, him and Gaara were both putting their lives on the line (Lee used Ura Renge, which would have likely killed many of the other genins)

I think Lee can forgive and forget, Gaara was only following orders.

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by: chambers

no it wasnt......

first of all...gaara saved his life just now.....lee is not the kind of person who would just turn around and start talking trash to someone who came to help him

second of all....the chuunin exam is a way for ally countries to strengthen their bonds through combat. Lee was up against gaara, and he lost. In the battlefield, ninjas hold no grudges

Jurojin
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:14 PM
In those exams, Gaara wasn't following orders, he was a total nut-case O.o

On Topic: I think it would have been nice if they had tossed out a few more special attacks for these two Sand Ninja's, not just the new one-hit-kill stuff. Though, they were pretty cool XD

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
no, he wasnt a nutcase until lee started to awaken gaara's nut-caseness

notice a trend? every single character shown fighting so far has developed a new technique or two....
pretty damn sweet

phlos
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought the one-hit kill stuff was awsome. Also, I am glad that the next fight is strictly gaara vs. kimi. I can't wait to see how much more damage gaara can do.

Rek
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:36 PM
and kimi for that matter

GhostKaGe
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
fights where too short would have been better with more butt kickin from the sand siblings

chabber935
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:52 PM
I wish I could have seen some more of Temari but I like how she ended it in one strike like you guys are saying.

Mae
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
The fights were short, but sweet. A very enjoyable ep. I like the puppet fight most of the two.

Knives122
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
yeah, the Sakon/Ukon/Kan fight was more enjoyable, he fell right into that fight(literally), next weeks will be better for sure

Cal_kashi
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:04 PM
i really like the way that they finished off the extraneous fights in this ep, quickly and definitively. All thats left if for gara to throw down and naruto to catch sasuke(which i think either isn't gonna happen or will result in a very quick fight w/ naruto being knocked out).

Turkish-S
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:08 PM
is it just me or does kankuro owns more then temari now. it was different before but i like the new kankuro. first it was a pussy who was afraid of gaara and now hes pritty deadly.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Everything went down the same as the manga, no suprises. Even though I already know what happens, Gaara vs Kimi should be another one of those badass bonus fights like drunk lee vs kimi was.

potentialflip
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
*REMOVED*

as far as the sand doing their ting. well dey sure have grown for them to take dem out dat quickly w/o even getting tired. can't wait for wat the next month has for us. hopefully no filler episodes. dat would just suck.

Use the preview thread for discussing the episode previews, and lose the ghetto slang.

GotWoot Moderator

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
lol "dat"?

I think Temari would make a great lumberjack.

She's a lumberjack and she's ok.

Captain Grammar
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by: potentialflip
*REMOVED*

as far as the sand doing their ting. well dey sure have grown for them to take dem out dat quickly w/o even getting tired. can't wait for wat the next month has for us. hopefully no filler episodes. dat would just suck.

Nigga' please. Dem sand bitchez aint got nuttin' on Kimi-baby. Dat mutha-f**ka gon' mop da flo' with dem, a'ight!!

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by: Captain Grammar

*REMOVED*

Nigga' please. Dem sand bitchez aint got nuttin' on Kimi-baby. Dat mutha-f**ka gon' mop da flo' with dem, a'ight!!

Ok, seriously... please stfu before I stap you.

Knives122
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I think someone needs better grammar....and fast *passes out from the incredibly bad grammar*

Kaka
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
the sound 4 were like well on there last legs, they thought the jounin and got all tired out, then thought the genin with good battles, then the sand came and finished what was left of them.

I enjoyed the episode but i still think the outcomes were correct, the sand are reasonably strong and capable of beating the sound nin in there current conditions.

Shika wants temari so bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

great episode, enjoyed.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:10 PM
naruto to catch sasuke(which i think either isn't gonna happen or will result in a very quick fight w/ naruto being knocked out).

I think its gonna be the exact opposite. I think Naruto vs. Sasuke Round 2 is gonna be the end fight of this saga and its probably going to be a real throwdown with Sasuke using his level 2 seal and Naruto unleashing the fox...er, unleashing it in a non-sucky way I mean, not like how he unleashed it against Kimi.

Heh, yeah, I bet years from now Shika is gonna be married to Temari and be just as pussywhipped as his dad.

Jaredster
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I love it when they do these silly animations:

http://img239.exs.cx/img239/1897/stupidshika1mp.gif

Board of Command
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Best post I've ever seen

Temari's move is a bit overpowered. I don't recall seeing her even use a seal for that summon. Plus, what's the Leaf Village gonna say when someone cuts down their whole forest?

drcitan
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:13 PM

*REMOVED*

lol U R STUPID CRAZY

Knives122
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

Its always good to see a silly animated Shikamaru get nocked out by a magical flute

SeifeR
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:01 PM
that was insane how kankuro killed sakon/ukon wow.
and tayuya died aww =[, least temari was the one that killed her
awesome episode cant wait to see gaara vs kimi

Dezalanel
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM

I love those too! They just look silly which is funny.

pakman
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
this episode was meh... everyone died way too quickly

Cal_kashi
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
pakman, you are a fool.

pakman
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
dont call me a fool i just think that tayuya and sakon just died too quickly. there was like barely any fighting. i just hope ep 125 is way better

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Died too quickly? They fought for like hours and hours before the sand nin jumped in. THEY ALREADY BEAT EVERY LAST KONOHA(except for naruto) so the sand had an easy battle. WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO COMPLAINS!!!!???? DO YOU NOT LIKE ANIME?

coldpower27
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Awesome episodes Temari kicked ass i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif, Kankuro's puppet stuff was cool, I love how he finished the Sakon/Ukon in the end. Now there is enough episodes for a DVD level torrent, when is Aone gonna released 101-125 in a single batch torrent? Anyone know?

jing
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by: coldpower27
Awesome episodes Temari kicked ass , Kankuro's puppet stuff was cool, I love how he finished the Sakon/Ukon in the end. Now there is enough episodes for a DVD level torrent, when is Aone gonna released 101-125 in a single batch torrent? Anyone know?

There isn't really a date, I don't think. But if it ever gets released you will know.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Died too quickly? They fought for like hours and hours before the sand nin jumped in. THEY ALREADY BEAT EVERY LAST KONOHA(except for naruto) so the sand had an easy battle. WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO COMPLAINS!!!!???? DO YOU NOT LIKE ANIME?

Lol ... WORD!

^^^ true

AntiSoul
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Hah Temari and Shika would make quite the funny couple though. But damn, taking out a forest tho...she probably killed a bunch of other things she didn't know about, like some guy who was just taking a stroll through the forest at a bad time...hehe
I figured they'd save Gaara's battle til next time...I was eagerly waiting to see if they would get to it in the same episode, but I guess not hah...>.<

Draon
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Im hoping that they have the Kimi vs Gaara fight before getting into what happens between Naruto and sasuke because i think just the kimi gaara fight will take 2 eps and who know how many if naruto and sasuke get into a royal rumble, this time hopefully without interference, i wanna see sasuke get pwnd!

kooshi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Most likely the Gaara vs Kimimaro fight will happen before the Naruto vs Sasuke one. The Sasuke fight is like the peak of this arc, IMO. I just hope that it'll be the best out of all we've seen so far.

Tohan
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:27 AM

*REMOVED*

Pansie puleese. Kimi juz wanzu bone dem, mon, all he tink aboot be zex afta bein' widat badass pimp Oro, a'ight!! Lemme zee'im bone one'a'dem blowup dolls of Kankuro. Den me be laughin'ard.

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

?igma
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
I think someone needs better grammer....and fast *passes out from the incredibly bad grammer*

I think that is grammar

basey44
Fri, 03-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by: ?igma

I think someone needs better grammer....and fast *passes out from the incredibly bad grammer*

I think that is grammar

lol looks like someone needs better spelling i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jaredster
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69

Originally posted by: ?igma

I think that is grammar

lol looks like someone needs better spelling

I hate to make you look like a jackass basey, but it is spelled "grammar"

Jman
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:03 AM

tsk tsk.
*shaking my head

Assertn
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: Tohan
Pansie puleese. Kimi juz wanzu bone dem, mon, all he tink aboot be zex afta bein' widat badass pimp Oro, a'ight!! Lemme zee'im bone one'a'dem blowup dolls of Kankuro. Den me be laughin'ard.

I think you got your ghetto dialect mixed up with a jamaican one

Tohan
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: Tohan

I think you got your ghetto dialect mixed up with a jamaican one

That's definately an attempt at jamaican.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree with Pak, even if they were fighting for a long time, it was still anticlimactic how fast they got beat.

I mean, remember when Sakon was fighting Sasuke and he had that power where he hit Sasuke just by saying "do re mi" etc? He never even used that power in any of these later fights, wtf is up with that? I was expecting him to use that on Kankuro.

kooshi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I think Sakon just said that "Do Re Mi" stuff for fun. When he said that stuff, he could have easily had Ukon attack. Remember, Ukon is able to block and attack while inside Sakon's body (as seen when fighting against Kiba in the valley). It seems logical since you don't exactly expect something to hit you when you managed to take the enemy's arms and legs out of the fight momentarily.

SeifeR
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:19 PM
i still cant beleive kankuro did that, that was crazy
so ruthless

AngryGumball
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
anyone want Kankuro to get a new outfit, I like the paint on his face, I like the hoodie with pointy ears, but having it cover his body all the way down to this feet in one piece is gay, specially when it showed the low view looking upwards at him, if it were a hoodie and stopped at waist and he was wearing different pants then fine, otherwise now its a gay outfit when shown fully.

I wish we saw the ferret summon more show in jumping from tree to tree sniffing out where tayuya was hiding with that huge ass scythe, even make the ferret cackle or something when it jumps to next spot on the hunt for her. Show tayuya knowing something is tracking her ass like how mew le flaga from gundam seed always knew kruwse(sp?) was in the area. Just some kind of realization oh damn here comes someone after me.

Kimmimaro, remember when he first took the bone out of his arm his left arm then seemed limp for the fight like it no longer had bone to support it, then he just tosses that bone down instead of reabsorbing it back into his body, its like it no longer mattered that his arm didn't have that bone in place when it seemed to suggest it did matter with his arm kinda limp rightafterward.

TwisT
Fri, 03-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: SeifeR
i still cant beleive kankuro did that, that was crazy
so ruthless

That is what Ninja's do.. It's just Naruto & Co that is to weak-harted, and letting all enemys go..

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 03-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I enjoyed this episode but I think I had had really high hopes for it after watching eps 124. That ferret summon was awesome, Kankuro's shredding of Sakon/Ukon was unbelievable. I did think that they died too quickly and easily but after reading the other posts I remembered that they had been fighting this whole long a** time. And I thought the episode was short but maybe because it was good that is why I thought it was short. If it had been bad I would have been like "c'mon already!"
I kept hoping that they would start the Kimi-v-Gaara fight but I guess I will have to rein in my horses until next week.

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I don't think any of the Konoha Genins have been "weak harted" (spelling please). Chouji and Neji have killed the first sound 2. I'm pretty sure that if he could, Kyuubi-Naruto would have killed Kimimaro as well. I dunno 'bout Kiba and Shikamaru though. Maybe it's cause they couldn't kill their enemies, but then again, maybe they would have.

I just re-read the Zabuza/Haku arc. Wow. I honestly beleive this is the best part of the series. Looking at the show now - by which I mean this arc, it's sooooo different. (Not bad, just different). It feels like a different show. I liked the whole "each genin/sound nin matched up in their own fight" at first. But I'm glad they've finally taken care of it. I was afraid the show was going to evolve into an anime of just random fights to appease fans.

Overall opinion of this ep: pretty damn good

Mut
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by: xanbcoo
I'm pretty sure that if he could, Kyuubi-Naruto would have killed Kimimaro as well.
Wait, what? How do you come up with this nonsense?

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: xanbcoo
I'm pretty sure that if he could, Kyuubi-Naruto would have killed Kimimaro as well.
Wait, what? How do you come up with this nonsense?

I was just assuming. Figuring how Naruto is really Karazy when Kyuubi's power comes through, I think he would have torn Kimi a new one...if he COULD. (which he didn't 'cause it was a crappy fight). Although I don't really think that would happen, I just wanted to make the point that the Konoha genins aren't "weak-hearted"

Jaredster
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Naruto WAS drawing from Kyuubi when fighting Kimi.

Psyke
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:04 AM

Yup, that was pretty obvious to me as well. But of course, there are certain levels of power Naruto can reach when drawing power from Kyuubi.

XanBcoo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:05 AM

That's not what I said - sorry if I was unclear. I know he was drawing from Kyuubi, but he really didn't do shite to Kimimaro. If he did more than just sit there and watch stupidly while clones faltered in and got pwnd (I think most people agree that that was a gay fight), I think he woulda done some serious damage to Kimi. I don't think he's weak hearted is my point

sorry for getting off topic.

kooshi
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:32 AM
I think it's what Psyke said: there are certain levels of power that Naruto can reach when using Kyubi's powers. Take the 1st time he drew the power. He lost complete control of himself and was going for the kill only against Haku. Then there's the one where he wasn't as powerful, but good enough to stop Orochimaru's snake. Now here, I dunno what the hell he was doing, but it was utter crap.

kAi
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:04 AM
just watched 125, not a bad episode.

Next one should be good, Gaara and Kimimaro fighting, will be awesome.

Jaredster
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Is it possible for Naruto's seal to fully break if he does to far?

My friend and I were arguing about that at school.

Musashi
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:12 AM
kyuubi has said in the episode where naruto summons gamabunta for the 1st time that "this seal won't open" so i think it won't break

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:17 AM
whoa dude...this was one of the most ruthless, coldly calculated episodes I've seen. Kankuro's always been one of the scariest boys they had, long before this fight. His puppets are like machines with the speed and precision of well..machines. ANd he finishes Sakon off like a freaking sadistic executioner in a gothic medieval prison-chamber. SIck.

Plus, tayuya died :\ she was hot, but like the other poster said...I'm glad they had another girl kill her off.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Kankuro is a faggot. Stop trying to ride his jock.

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:10 AM
.. Easy there... Or I'll tell big ol' "scary" fa**ot kankuro to slip you a mickey and make that fetish of yours come true. BOOGA BOOGA

...but seriously if I like the guy, that's my own freaking business. AND I LIKE like the guy oh yes look at those biig hands.

XanBcoo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:11 AM
I agree that Kankuro was pretty cold in this ep. I cringed when Sakon was killed. Looking back, this is probably the first useful thing Kankuro has done in the series.
Let's see:
1. Threatened to kill Konohamaru and acted like a pussy in front of Gaara.
2. Explained Gaara's ultimate defense and acted like an ass during Lee's fight w/Gaara.
3. Forfeited a fight
4. Got pwnd by Shino.

That's about it (with the possible exception of #2). Maybe this change of alliances will show his kick-ass side. I think he was pretty cool in this episode.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Don't forget when he strangled the sound guy in the preliminaries

wirm
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I thought it was a good ep. However, I do agree that Kankuro could really use a new outfit. He looked so stupid when he popped out of the cocoon waving his arms.

I also find it hard to believe that the Sound nins died so easily. True, I appreciate that the Sand ninjas are awesome. It's also true that if the other 2 Sound guys were killed by genins, why not these guys? But those were such silly ways to die. Getting trapped in a barrel and yelling to be set free doesn't seem like something the "strongest of the 4" would be doing. As for Tayuya, getting squished by a fallen log? WTF. At least have the decency to get chopped up by the wind.

Anyway, I wonder if Shika, Kiba, Temari, and Kankuro are going to join Lee and Gaara for a 6vs1 gang whooping on Kimimaru.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
As for Tayuya, getting squished by a fallen log? WTF. At least have the decency to get chopped up by the wind.

That was probably just where her dead ass ended up.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
ehh...good ep. about time they ended other fights, cant wait for the garra vs. kimi. ... Wat is shika and kiba gonna do now? and where is chouji and neji? still lying on the ground?

this is off topic but, i cant upload an author img. is it jus me? or is this the same with every1 else?

Assertn
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by: AngryGumball
Kimmimaro, remember when he first took the bone out of his arm his left arm then seemed limp for the fight like it no longer had bone to support it, then he just tosses that bone down instead of reabsorbing it back into his body, its like it no longer mattered that his arm didn't have that bone in place when it seemed to suggest it did matter with his arm kinda limp rightafterward.

He regenerated the bone in his arm when he opened the curse seal on lee.....
thats the ability that the curse seal gives him, is to rapidly increase his bone generation

Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Chambers' signature suits him

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:21 PM
umm...that was extremely random... chambers isnt even on this page lol...

question about 125 kimi can only regenerate his bones wen in lvl1? cuz i thought he alrdy replaced the bone he pulled out long ago while fighting naruto and all of hsi stupid kage bushins

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
btw, anyone else notice Sakon never used the technique he used on sasuke? with the "DO! RE! MI" that made the sound target his bones?

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:25 PM
yeh i noticed that but it seemed lik it wuz jus a "normal" version of him. lik without cursed seal. was it me or was sakon and ukon the only ones who went directly from normal to 2nd lvl cursed seal

Nai
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, that was a surprisingly ( but oh so lovely! ) gory death scene. Yes, I'll just assume it was the final appearance of my dear Sakon and Ukon. The episode was pretty solid, but I found Temari's move too be just a bit too much.. cutting down the entire forest and all. I am also quite glad to see that the Sand Ninjas still has kept their borderline psychotic personalites and not gone totally goody-good.

ChaosK
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:08 AM
to tell u the truth nai... i have no clue what ur last sentance meant. did anybody understand Sakon and Ukon's do-re-me attack? it seemed lik sasuke was being punched by an invisible person or something... i had no clue wat wuz going on i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

KitKat
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Ah, this was a very fun episode. The Konoha genins could really learn from the Sand nins. There was no silly conversation, no stalling, no having flashbacks to make oneself stronger. They assessed the situation, and found the best way to eliminate the opponent as efficiently as possible. This is what ninjas should be.

I was surprised that there were two deaths in this ep, but it created some finality parts of the story, which have been splintering off in all different directions. Now it looks like they're going to start to consolidate all the pieces back together again.

Kairi
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:09 AM
The sand nins may have fared differently in the chuunin exams, but they have new abilities now. For one, Kankuro only had one puppet before. Plus, they were working with the sound before so it's possible that they chose which fights to enter, knowing which of their abilities would be best suited to which opponent. As much as I like the fights, I'm glad the sound are finally getting their asses whipped. Plus, the episode is so much more satisfying when there's that kind of 'finality' (i.e. death). I also was wondering if Kakuro and Temari would be going to join the Kimi/Gaara fight. I don't think they will, because we need to see Gaara and Kimi duke it out but how are they going to explain why they don't help? Maybe because Kiba needs to see a doctor, or they want to co see how Choji and Neji are doing...? I'm definitely interested to see how they deal with this situation. Anyway, such a good episode!

kAi
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
think of the fights happening at the same time. Less chances of meeting up with Gaara and Kimimaro, even if they get to the fight they wont join in.

Aramis
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:53 AM
whoa, temari has gotten that much stronger...last i saw she was barely snapping splinters with that wind, now she leveled a forest. really, they should have waited for temari to train to this point before attacking konoha, and just have had her do that technique in the middle of the village.

Rek
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
well, I'm sure she was partially inspired to get stronger by her fights with everyone in konoha... otherwise she would feel the need to....

in example her cockyness when fightin ten ten

Hikyuu
Sun, 03-13-2005, 11:31 AM
what would you describe the kama totin animal that popped out as o.o?

Master Pain
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:12 PM
A one-eyed marten with scythe..
Goes with the line of extraordinary summons/monsters.

Jaredster
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
well, I'm sure she was partially inspired to get stronger by her fights with everyone in konoha... otherwise she would feel the need to....

If I recall Tenten was an easy opponent, all she did was just throw shuriken and kunai at her.

But that was a long time ago and I'm not sure.

Assertn
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: Kairi
Plus, they were working with the sound before so it's possible that they chose which fights to enter, knowing which of their abilities would be best suited to which opponent.

That can't be true, since kankuro was confused about sakon/ukon's merging abilities, and temari needed shikamaru to assess the situation

ChaosK
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

If I recall Tenten was an easy opponent, all she did was just throw shuriken and kunai at her.

But that was a long time ago and I'm not sure.

yeah that was all tenten did and that ovbiously wouldnt work against Temari who could use wind to jus blow them all away. is it me or do all konoha gennin girls really suck ass? jus think, if ino and sakura faced anybody else besides each other they both would've gotten their ass whooped lik tenten.

Hikyuu
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: Master Pain
A one-eyed marten with scythe..
Goes with the line of extraordinary summons/monsters.

a martin..? like that think on RO o.o

Tonsus
Mon, 03-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
yeah that was all tenten did and that ovbiously wouldnt work against Temari who could use wind to jus blow them all away. is it me or do all konoha gennin girls really suck ass? jus think, if ino and sakura faced anybody else besides each other they both would've gotten their ass whooped lik tenten.It seems that the Sand probably trains their ninjas a lot more than Konoha, especially since they were about to invade Konoha. Also Temari is probably one the elite geniuses of her village since she was going to be on the point of the invading force, and try to keep Gaara in check so he didn't get out of control.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-14-2005, 01:02 AM
btw, anyone else notice Sakon never used the technique he used on sasuke? with the "DO! RE! MI" that made the sound target his bones?

Yeah, I mentioned it about a page before you did.

Qix
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi, this has probably been mentioned already, but I didn't see it in my earlier browsing... There's some english translation mismatches in the kanji of the "sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch" portion, starting at 17:37 into the episode. Sight is right, but Taste should really be Hearing, Hearing-->Smell, Touch-->Taste, Smell-->Touch. The subtitles are correct, though. I'm guessing it's not major enough to see a new version, huh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif