PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 125 Raw Discussion

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I just watched the naruto raw just now.......mediocre quality, didnt expect too much from it (as we manga readers already know, the actual gaara fight will be after this ep)

however.....watching the previews for next week's ep.....i saw a scene that made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.
they.....showed a flashback of kimimaro as a kid......and he was with zabuza and haku!! WHAT THE HELL??

Raven
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Seems like the anime is adding in crap from nowhere again. Oh well.

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:10 PM
i am really curious how they plan to carry through with that

oh by the way, gaara's in the intro now i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh my god... I can't wait til I watch this and then jump out the window, flip over a moist rock, and have sex with a bulimic unicorn.

gogogo random!

Dezalanel
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I think it has something to do with the Kaguya clan going against the Mist Villlage(Zabuza used to be a mist ninja) So maybe they are showing a flashback from Kimis past they made up?(I could be wrong I forget if it was the mist village they went against or not). BUT hey I noticed they added the sand 3 in the intro now too, they really like adding those little things.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah thats right. Kimmimaro's clan did go up against the mist. Although they got their boney asses kicked. Orchimaro mentions it if I remember correctly. I honestly wouldn't mind a brief flashback with several people in his clan facing off against hordes and hordes of mist ninjas.

Also, I'm just wondering did they end the Temari Kankuro fights in this episode?

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
WHAT THE FUCK.
can someone post up some screenshots? this is interesting. sorry i can't dl the raw..

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:35 PM
http://img174.exs.cx/img174/8979/kimi16uo.jpg

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/4243/kimi20np.jpg

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Heh wow. I guess it could work. The timelines coincide. Kimmimaro and Haku are around the same age.

Jman
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:47 PM
raises the WTF flag
next thing we find out that somehow morino idate is connected to all this. hate when they make up crap.

Roko
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
certainly explains how kimimaro's clan got wiped out, i think...

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
man whats the anime doing LOL..................probably wanted the voice actor to drop by for a visit.

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:19 PM
actually that IS true......the kaguya clan did have a history with the mist village

however, im pretty sure zabuza never met haku until after he was banished from the village

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
WTF indeed, but damn, pretty cool at the same time. A good development on a little detail.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Even though half the people here have said it already,

WTF?

But it doesn't sound all that bad. I can imagine it (haven't watched the raw) like this:

Chibi-Kimi: All of my family is dead!! They were killed by [strange sickness/evil guys who for some reason were able to kill blood-limit-able ninja]!!! Me SAD. =(((

Zabuza: Look Haku. There's a suffering kid. LMAO!!1 I dun care. Lets go.

Haku: *Smiles* ^o^ I have a precious person!!! its So kewl. Zabuza is the kewlest >^''^<!!!!11

Chibi-Kimi: I'll try kicking your butts!!

Haku: IN THE NAME OF PRECIOUS PERSONS EVERYWHERE, I'LL PUNISH YOU!!!!!1 =^_^=

Zabuza: u r so weak lets go.

Haku: YAYNESS!!!

Chibi-Kimi: Is this the fabled power of precious personn-ess???!!! OMG I realize now!!! I need to get one of those!!!!

Orochimaru: Hey there little kid. Want a candy?

Chibi-Kimi: My mom said never to take candy from strangers, but WTF, she's dead.

Orochimaru: Yes. And I promise I'm not a pervert of any sort. Really. I don't want to rape you or anything. Just use your body for a container for my soul while yours rots in hell, or plays solitaire for the rest of your life.

Chibi-Kimi:OMG could it be??? I've found my PRECIOUS PERSON!!! YAY!!!!!11

Orochimaru: Ku ku ku.

Yeah. I think it'll be a little like that.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
LOL Winged Dancer, best post I've read all year i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Knives122
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
oh well, I guess they're trying to delay the Naruto/Sasuke fight for as long as possible, but that just means we get to see more running around in trees. and look how small Kimis shoulder sword is, I guess it was a dagger back then

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Damn WD, that randomness... I am now convinced that we are soulmates.

Winged Dancer
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
If I had the patience, honey, that would've been a screencap theather like the one you have over at the Naruto forums. But I don't!!

Gaara is too cool for his own good, btw. Even if his clothes look like a bunch of pajamas.

JusDaMan
Wed, 03-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Oh my god... I can't wait til I watch this and then jump out the window, flip over a moist rock, and have sex with a bulimic unicorn.

gogogo random!

Tell me how having sex with a bulimic unicorn turns out. =D Ive always wanted to try it myself.

basey44
Wed, 03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
justdaman thats so wrong that u want to do that, its alrite for mut cos hes retarted, but you...

Dezalanel
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
You keep mentioning Haku but...I did not see Haku at the end..only Zabuza...I was thinking that maybe it was when he still was a Mist Ninja and he killed some Kaguya clan members or something.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:44 AM
after seeing it i dont think we can really draw any conclusions about it
we dont know when it happened, before or after zabuza left, we dont know if thats a young haku, all we see it a childs shoulder and we have no idea what zabuza is saying to kimmi

Psyke
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Sounds interesting...... Hope they pull this off well. However, I'm more interested in the history between Kimimaro and the Sound 4. Why did he hate them so much as to want to kill them? Hopefully they will explain what happened to Kimimaro as opposed to the lame idea of him being sick due to some disease.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't mind an extended flashback at all. I'm all for the anime crew making up how Kimimaro ended up with the sound 4 etc.
I always thought that Kimimaro was handled too hastily in the manga, his past at least.

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Sounds interesting...... Hope they pull this off well. However, I'm more interested in the history between Kimimaro and the Sound 4. Why did he hate them so much as to want to kill them? Hopefully they will explain what happened to Kimimaro as opposed to the lame idea of him being sick due to some disease.

I dont think its so much as him hating the sound 4, rather just being the worshipper of orochimaru as he is, any imperfections aren't tolerated by him. I'd imagine he would be especially pissed if its the sound 4's fault that oro couldnt switch into sasuke's body in time.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I wouldn't mind an extended flashback at all. I'm all for the anime crew making up how Kimimaro ended up with the sound 4 etc.
I always thought that Kimimaro was handled too hastily in the manga, his past at least.

Completely. Naruto is a flash-back heavy manga and that's actually good because one gets to know the characters very well... now that the time-jump has finally happened, most fans are able to tell, in detail, the past of each character and why do they behave the way they do, which really halps the storyline...

But Kimimaro was just there. He appeared, he was in a bad mood, he wanted to kill stuff and then he threw up and died. I was expecting, a la Gaara, a lengthy flashback explaining at the very least when and why did he meet Orochimaru and why did Orochimaru became his "precious person" or whatever. Because you need to be really fucked up to choose Orochimaru as a precious someone.

So yeah, I don't mind the flashbacks. In fact, all the better - they'll help make the anime longer and therefore will reduce the amount of bad, BAD fillers that we'll have to endure after the OMFG Sasuke is in a barrel!!!!!11 storyline.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Meanwhile, I am covering Sakon's past in great detail over at the Naruto forums.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:14 PM
jus wondering since i'm at spoilers risk here but i dont really care is the anime jus adding in crap? since u manga readers seemed surprised even though this is in open discussion fourm

Assertn
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:15 PM
the anime always adds in little extra things.....if they didnt they'd be going through 3-4 chapters per week instead of 2

Jaredster
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Does Kishimoto actually give the anime studio this kind of extra material? Or do they generate their own character background on their own?

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:10 AM
The extent to which they get advice from him actually isn't known.

We do know the they use the manga as a source and that Kishimoto himself isn't involved in the anime production. It may be, that they talk with him if they intend to make some drastic changes, but so far that doesn't seem to have happened.
The anime guys even showed the "mangekyou eyes" when they shouldn't have.... (ie, they showed them wrong).

ChaosK
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster
Does Kishimoto actually give the anime studio this kind of extra material? Or do they generate their own character background on their own?

the anime studio isnt allowed to change kishimoto's work and still call it the same thing r they? i jus kno u cant do that in US but i could be different in Japan.

Elessar
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddothe anime studio isnt allowed to change kishimoto's work and still call it the same thing r they? i jus kno u cant do that in US but i could be different in Japan.In the end, it all boils down to the contract.