PDA

View Full Version : Fandub parody in the works

UrzaPlanezwalker
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Ok, so me and some friends are going to be doing a fandub parody for a film festival coming up soon. What were planning is basically a daily show type of interview/ behind the scenes type of thing with different anime characters. We havent fully hashed this out entirely yet, but we know we want to use popular, well-known mainstream anime characters portraying stereotypes that are either extremes, or polar opposites of their character. An example would be how Gendo was a pimp in evangelion rei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifeath, and how asuka was effectively arnold schwartzaneger (consequently, if you have not seen this parody i highly reccommend it).

In any case, heres what we've come up with so far, any input or additional people to use/stereotypes to portray would be greatly appreciated, or even just a "good idea" or a "it sucks, scrap it." Were basically looking for input because we want this to be something people will enjoy watching.

Rodger smith - Goth-poet, dark and poe-ish in speaking. (alternately, we could portray him as a james bond playboy type person, but we werent sure if we should do it for someone else)

Sailor Moon - havent come up with her's yet, at least something that hasnt been overdone. the idiot cheerleader has been far overdone with her.

Belldandy - We figured there was nobody better to be the "martha stewert" type of person then belldandy. she just FITS martha in too many ways, and it gives us the oppertunity to rag on martha, which is popular and will most likely get a few good laughs out of the audience, even the ones not familiar with belldandy because she isint as well known as all the others are.

Kagome - also havent thought of anyhting for her, but we know we want to use at least SOMEONE from inuyasha because it's become relatively well known. a good one for her or someone else fromt he series would be appreciated

Vash and Spike - a hans/frans type of thing. the 2 uber-jocks who want to "pump...YOU up!" and since vash and spike are already paired together so many times, we figured why mess with what basically writes itself i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Android 18 or Bulma - Preppy Cheerleader. Lets face it, as much as most of us hate DBZ, it's so mainstream that it will be easily recognized, so manipulateing these characters in this way will be sure to get a good laugh or two, even more so by the ones who hate the series.

Kenshin - queer eye for the straight guy. there is nobody more perfect for this role then kenshin. if there is, please share it because we couldnt think of anyone better. Again, the stuff basically writes itself.

anyway, thats all we have so far. so comments, suggestions, flames, whatever. We can take it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

badass
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:30 AM
I suggest just not doing it at all. Seems pretty lame.

Tohan
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Rather do an interview with every chatacter and clip out anime of what they supposedly answered?

UrzaPlanezwalker
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
no, not like that. it's more like i'm going to take clips of them talking, and sync it properly so that it looks like they are saying what we will record people doing for them.

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:07 PM
I think if you're really gonna go through with it, it would be funny to take actual quotes from these people (like the martha stuart thing or the queer eye for kenshin) and then synch it up.