PDA

View Full Version : Gundam SEED Destiny - Licensed

intense
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:52 PM
MAHQ conducted an interview with Jerry Chu of Bandei Entertainment Inc.

http://www.mahq.net/rants/interviews/jchu.htm

Chris: The year 2004 saw a number of Gundam releases, including Zeta Gundam, Gundam SEED, Gundam F91 and SD Gundam Force. Can you give us any indication on what to expect on the Gundam front in 2005?

Jerry: Right now the focus is still on the Gundam SEED series on Cartoon Network and the final volume of the DVD release will be out soon. We also have on tap the release of the Gundam SEED movies [Ed- Special Edition compilation specials] which will be released on DVD in the summertime, similar to the original series movies. There will be additional never-before-seen animation with both scenes and mecha, totaling more than 20 min. I believe we have also finally received the SEED epilogue from Sunrise and will be releasing that with the movies. And yes, production will begin soon on Gundam SEED DESTINY. That means its licensed.

Chris: DESTINY being licensed is big news. Do you plan to officially announce it at any upcoming conventions?

Jerry: Im announcing it now. It has been said before and it will be said again, BEI is committed to the release of this extraordinary and long running franchise and we plan on releasing all the Gundams. Broadcast has not been set yet, but were shooting for possible first volume DVD release of DESTINY&soon.

Aeon
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Not like we all didn't know Bandai was gonna get it, but I thought it was licensed before it aired. If for some reason Aone decides to stop I hope Hero^2 come out of retirement.

ranko
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
If you havn't read the credits, closely you knowtice that a fair # of the team doing this version are fromer Haro^2 memembers anyway.

TeknoXI
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, I expected that the licensing would come eventually...
If AonE drops it, hopefully Haro^2 will pick it up as you said.

In a way, I'm kinda happy that GSD got licensed, now AKeep can focus on finishing the other series it has rather than try and sub a series that is being done by a more popular subgroup. Hopefully, this will mean more Bleach.

GAT-X105
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
since previous haro^2 members are subbing destiny they'll keep going correct? it's the same people who did seed when it was licensed so i dont see why not

obake
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I hope Haro^2 picks it up. But still, it's a bummer.

But yeah, if it means that we're gonna be getting more Bleach goodness, then hell yeah!

GAT-X105
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:57 AM
i would rather watch gundam seed destiny, besides bleach the manga is better the anime imo

Munsu
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:02 AM
i think AonE will continue subbing until they receive a letter telling them otherwise... I think Seed-fansubs will continue no matter what...

Shinigami
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:03 AM
dude, did u just create a name just to come in here for this thread?

Sure BEI licensed GSD, but not like it wasn't obvious. Just pray that AonE will be there for us at times like this, just like they always have been.

GAT-X105
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:12 AM
of course i havent joined just for this thread. if ther were the case it would have been more worthwhile to just watch and see what people post. i dont go to animesuki anymore and i needed a new place to discuss gundam seed destiny so i chose this one

Mut
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:41 AM
This is the best and only place to discuss anything.

danholo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Well this is a surprise. I wake up and check out new torrents and TokyoTosho and for some reason, there were new torrents for the first two episodes for Destiny by SEED-Fansubs with these suspicious headers: "Die Bandai you sob! You too Jerry Chu! Hahaha" and "Bandai is ghey. Fansubs rule!". What the hell is this, I think to myself, while I see the newest ep released by SEED. I go to Animesuki, it's not there... Hmm.. Then I go to Animesuki's "seires'" page and it's not there either!? Finally I jump to Animesuki's forum and find out that DESTINY is licensed. I mean sure, it would've happened eventually, but I find it funny that both series that I follow religiously (Naruto, Destiny) are both licensed within two weeks of each other.

The funny thing is, it means nothing at all! Unless Bandai starts cracking down on fansubbers.

p.s. I joined this forum when Naruto got licensed, don't expect the same sort of flood of new users here though this time!

rdperalta
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Well at least Bandai learned from the GS Fiasco and announced the licensing earlier. Im from R3 and DVDs here are hard to come buy (unless you count HK DVDs) so i hope Aone will continue subbing this

tyranimo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Well, I really do hope that AonE still continues ^^

Thank you so much AonE for all your hard work! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GAT-X105
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
well i just heard anime-kingdom has decided to stop subbing

holyidiot
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:24 AM
man.. if they stop subbing,i don't know where i can get them...

GAT-X105
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
i'm sure seed-fansubs wont stop but i could be wrong, i havent stopped by their irc channel so i have no clue what they're doing

PSJ
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
i dont think the subbers will stop, there's always some rogue group doing it if all the other groups stops. in the worst case we just have to wait for the dvd releases which will find its way to the net anyway.

intense
Wed, 03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
whats AniRupt's website btw?

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
#anirupt
irc.rizon.net

Optimaximal
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:03 PM
anyone got a link to AonE stating that they have def. stopped?

intense
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM
patience.... patience... we probably wont know until the next few releases.
we still have 8 more months of waiting to go. jeeze.

Deblas
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: Optimaximal
anyone got a link to AonE stating that they have def. stopped?

I don't think so. Theres still fansubbing Naruto and AMG so I think its pretty safe to say there gonna keep on subbing

PrinceMarth
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I heard a rumor that AonE is dropping due to a C&D order.

But, the exact same staff will almost definately continue subbing it as Haro^2 (the only question was if it would be AonE & Haro^2 or just plain Haro^2, now it looks like they're just doing Haro^2). So, don't worry about it, the only difference will be the fansub group in the file name.

idontnoh
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:58 AM
you gotta give it up to those fansub groups that continue to fansub releases after they've recieved a letter from bandai...Lots of respect for AonE and whoever else will be contributing to the continued releases of GSD.

XwingRob
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:06 AM
Well, I hope the subs will continue.

And I'll buy the official DVDs when they come out.

Jurojin
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:07 AM
And I'll buy the official DVDs when they come out.

Ditto to that-

danholo
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
SEED Fansubs seem to be adamant on continuing their project. Unfortunately, licensed anime in America doesn't arrive here, where I live, so buying these DVD's isn't even an option.

Barumonk
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:25 PM
SEED-Fansubs is still subbing it, but I prefer AonE over anyone else - hopfully they will continue subbing it.

KamenRider
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
According to an offcial statment on AK forums both AK and Aone have dropped destiny. Lets just hope Haro^2 appears again though the situation is different now than it was then.

NM
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I went to Anime-Kingdom's forum and as Kamen Rider said, they did infact drop it (as did AnimeOne). Anime-Kingdom's topic in their irc channel does say that they dropped Gundam Seed Destiny but AnimeOne's channel doesn't say anything about themselves dropping it. Maybe they changed their mind? I hope so but if Haro^2 does come back, its still just as good.

TwisT
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Well this was not unexpected.. But i thought to that it was licensed from the start.. Well i to hope that AonE continue.. I wait until i see proof that AonE have dropped it to talk about it..

PrinceMarth
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
I think A-Kingdom saying that AonE has dropped it too is proof, but whatever works. It's probably just a cover for Haro^2 returning anyway. It's no big deal.

If at this time next week, Haro^2 hasn't resurfaced (or AK-AonE in another format), then we can be worried and download the equally good S-F version.

Mite Gai
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know where I could find the website for SEED Fansubs? I gotta get my GSD fill.

Xias
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't post their information publically if I was anyone. If AonE has gotten a C&D letter, we don't want them to find out where to contact SEED-Fansubs through here, right?

Hopefully people are smart enough to keep it to PMs whether it's SEED-Fansubs or Haro^2.

-Xias

meilvine
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
if SEED fansubs or Haro^2 will continue to sub it, will this website continue to put its torrent file? well, I can't use IRC, so it's difficult to download them without using bittorent.

Xias
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:47 PM
SEED-Fansubs does indeed have its own torrent. No idea on Haro^2, obviously. I dunno if Gotwoot would be able to keep putting the torrents up, but I'm sure someone will somewhere.

If I learned anything from the original GS debacle, it's that no matter what Bandai or any other company does, we'll still be able to get our fansubs. As long as the show is popular enough (and GSD obviously is), fansubs will go on no matter what.

-Xias

King Dingaling
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Can somebody please PM me on how I can contact SEED fansubs and Haro^2. Cause if AonE discontinues GSD, it is a sad day for us all. I really enjoyed their quality on the show. But I must have the subs for that show somehow, know what I mean ^_^

NM
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by: meilvine
if SEED fansubs or Haro^2 will continue to sub it, will this website continue to put its torrent file? well, I can't use IRC, so it's difficult to download them without using bittorent.

GotWoot only hosts AnimeOne torrents. Even if the anime is licensed, GotWoot hosts it (take Naruto for example). The discussion threads usually link you to the BitTorrent download for the RAW or Seed-Fansubs version (or Haro^2, depending on whether they decide to come back). So look out for the first post in a discussion thread, it will more than likely link you to the BT download.

@King Dingaling: If you want to contact Seed Fansubs, go to their channel on IRC.
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #Seed-Fansubs

Sorry, I don't know if Haro^2 has an IRC channel.

PrinceMarth
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Don't think that Bandai can't find SEED-Fansubs' IRC channel or site. Trust me, the people at Bandai aren't idiots. They'll be able to find their way to S-F's site just as easily as they found this.

PSJ
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
there isnt really a reason to discuss this the raw for ep 21 will release tomorrow then we'll just have to wait and see what group will do it. no big deal, and to mr. negative here, even if they find them we will probably still get subs. it worked with FMA and SEED so why not with destiny?

kinggalaxia
Fri, 03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I just talked w/ the people in the Seed-Fansub IRC channel, which is rough cuz I'm IRC illiterate, lol.

Well, they gave the site where they'll put their torrents from now on. If anyone wants it, just pvt me. Hope this helps!!

rdperalta
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
there isnt really a reason to discuss this the raw for ep 21 will release tomorrow then we'll just have to wait and see what group will do it. no big deal, and to mr. negative here, even if they find them we will probably still get subs. it worked with FMA and SEED so why not with destiny?

I agree. heck theyre still releasing/distro-ing MSG, Zeta, ZZ etc.. via BT and IRC. We'll find out in a couple of days on who's going to release ep 21 (first hehehehehe)

fatman1222
Fri, 03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey kinggalaxia, Can u tell me the link to seed fan subs, I want to see if they're subbing GSD, and want to download it when it's out. PLease

Deblas
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
he said to pm him. so do it.

razeman
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
did anyone sub for seed: mobile suit..
if there is.. Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya can u pvt me the links?

danholo
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:43 AM
SEED won't post their releases on Baka-Updates or Tokyo Toshokan? Everything is on these two sites, whether they're licensed or not.

Mite Gai
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:52 PM
kinggalaxia I PMed you and I still have not gotten a PM with the link!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!! Plzzzz send me a PM with the link.

Crion629
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Can you tell me the link, kinggalaxia, PLEASE!!!! E-Mail me (Crion629@msn.com)

AntiSoul
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know if aone's still doing it? For some reason I'm frikin banned from their site the first time I went so I can't really find out from there...even tho I think I'd go with Seed-Fansubs. I think they did the last parts of Seed when it was licensed and my codecs are well fitted with the way theirs is encoded apparently...

PSJ
Sat, 03-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by: razeman
did anyone sub for seed: mobile suit..
if there is.. Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya can u pvt me the links?

i dont even knoe what you mean, post a real post and ill see what i can do

ZeroJquan
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, anyways... Just to give some news that people KEEP ASKING!!! So read this and stop asking!
A onE has drop subbingit! Same goes for Anime-kingdom, as for Seed-Fansubs, not sure.. they might... same for AniRupt...
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
But if anyone wants a reviews of episode 21 (with pictures)... e-mail me and I'll send you the link

DestinyAngel
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Can I get it through PM Jiraiya? I'd really like to see how it develops.. and I wan t to see how the Destiny Gundam looks like!

ZeroJquan
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Go to .Text (http://www.gundam-seed-d.net )Text (http://www.gundam-seed-d.net ) for destiny gundam

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:17 PM
wow...i dunno which 1 is destiny gundam though cuz the 1 that they show completely is jus impluse...

fatman1222
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Hey kinggalaxia, I can't pm you for some reason, but can u send me a email to the link. PLZ!!

fatman1222
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:11 PM
My email is fatman1222@yahoo.com

meilvine
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, they gave the site where they'll put their torrents from now on. If anyone wants it, just pvt me. Hope this helps!!

do you mean that they aren't going to put their torrent in their website where we usually download them?

kinggalaxia
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Nah, I asked em straight up (sounded like a noob too) if this site IS where all their GSD will be and they said yes.

I finally replied to ALL privates!!! Lemme know if you didn't get it

I love helping everyone out :-D

Mashux7
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:47 PM
i would too the site of [S-F] can you email me at dark_angel2285@hotmail.com

Deblas
Sat, 03-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: ZeroJquan
Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for quite some time now, anyways... Just to give some news that people KEEP ASKING!!! So read this and stop asking!
A onE has drop subbingit! Same goes for Anime-kingdom, as for Seed-Fansubs, not sure.. they might... same for AniRupt...
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
But if anyone wants a reviews of episode 21 (with pictures)... e-mail me and I'll send you the link

noo! thats impossible! who are your sources!?

Mood
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi, can email me the link to the website? plane_yue@hotmail.com

Thanks.

I can't believe a-one will drop GSD, guess time will tell the truth.

Mut
Sat, 03-12-2005, 08:32 PM
It's already been dropped.

Let's all cry about it now.

Falcks
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Could you email me the website for Seed Fansubs too? PLease? Angels.Blade@gmail.com Thanks a lot! Galaxia!

ZeroJquan
Sat, 03-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Like i said before.. e-mail me or give me ur e-mail...

gundam-freak
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:51 PM
hey can ani1 pm me the webbie where seed fansubs will b posting the torrents?? thanks

Darei
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Email Seed fansubs site to darei_alpha@yahoo.com plz

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:53 AM
Hey, dipshits, just fucking email the guy and stop asking him to email the site to you. And ZeroJquan, post the site here, or just shut up about it. All you're doing is attracting more idiots to register and post just for this stupid thing.

You guys are throwing this shit off topic, so stop already.

Aeon
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:05 AM
The review isn't in English if its a review but it has pictures

http://wadatumi.sakura.ne.jp/

ZeroJquan
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:12 AM
http://gundam_crazy.blogspot.com/

Mut@t@ is right.. it did got off topic.. also FOR SEED-FAN SUB SITE! THEY DONT' HAVE A SITE ONLY TORRENTS GO HERE: http://seed.eatshoe.com/

Polarice
Sun, 03-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Aone if you check their torrent sections still hosts Gundam Seed Destiny torrents as does Anirupt on Scarywater tractkers so I'd assume that Gundam Seed Destiny is still being fansubbed by both these groups. I just hope that it won't take weeks to fansub 1 episode though.

Mut
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Guys, I said AonE dropped GSD. Go to their IRC channel, it says so on the topic.

Lefty
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Mut's right Just accept the fact and move on. Other groups will sub the series just don't go around scream that you found a group, keep it quit so it take bandai time to find them.

telemari
Sun, 03-13-2005, 01:58 PM
aaah, nake stellar! I can't belive they stopped subbing right now! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif))

Gundam_Crazy
Sun, 03-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Other groups will sub the series just don't go around scream that you found a group, keep it quit so it take bandai time to find them

lol i like that ^^ its a desapointment that theres so much talk about A&O dropping the series (seeing how they did an awesome job at subbing) but we have untill tuesday (at the latest) to know if that is true. i hope that another good quialty group will come out to sub it. but i guess only time will tell

intense
Sun, 03-13-2005, 03:07 PM
gundam crazy, i know you're new and everything, but your sig is too big
max size for a sig is 400 x 80 pixels.

ka7sushiro
Sun, 03-13-2005, 04:13 PM
S-F has just released ep 21 i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

intense
Sun, 03-13-2005, 04:41 PM
its just plain stupid.... they put it all over the place: Tokyo tosho, and baka-U. and on the comments in tokyo, it says "keep it quiet....shhhhh". so how you suppose to keep it quiet when its posted at the usual places?.. just plain stupid. BUT im still happy that theyre still subbing it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 03-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: Xias
SEED-Fansubs does indeed have its own torrent. No idea on Haro^2, obviously. I dunno if Gotwoot would be able to keep putting the torrents up, but I'm sure someone will somewhere.

If I learned anything from the original GS debacle, it's that no matter what Bandai or any other company does, we'll still be able to get our fansubs. As long as the show is popular enough (and GSD obviously is), fansubs will go on no matter what.

-Xias

Wow you fgt stop making stuff up.

PTX-003C
Thu, 03-17-2005, 12:45 AM
i personally don't like Seed-fansubs it miss-translated some meanings(at least first 2 ep did)...maybe i shell go back to watch raw then...=.=|||
not like i can't understand anything....

danholo
Thu, 03-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I guess I'll go with Haro^2&Taro^2 for my archive. But of course I'll watch the release that comes out first. What do you guys prefer? AniRupt's releases were OK, IMO.

JeremyGabriel
Thu, 03-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Can Some body give me all the sites were u can download GSD. Please Email to chickenstripz@yahoo.com.
Is Haro 2 fansubing 2

Shanekun
Fri, 03-18-2005, 08:42 AM
I heavily recommend http://www.baka-updates.com . asides from DVD Torrents it offers direkt BT links to every new released Ep of Series that are currently shown on japanese TV, licensed or not. DVD Releases are listed as well, but without a torrent

yipguseng
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:12 PM
since aone is droping DESTINY...now i m in dilemma on which fansub to choose for DESTINY..so goin to ask a question here...which fansub u all choose for now for DESITNY?

Roko
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:17 PM
if i member correctly, most of the ppl that were part of aone's GSD proj went over to haro^2, so their translations and all are similar

Roy Mustang
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:34 PM
well, I'm just glad Bandai didn't pull the butthole move they did when they licensed Gundam Seed...waited till the series was only a few episodes away from being finished then forced all the sites to take the torrents down.

Y
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:35 PM
How is that a "butthole" move? They protected their rightful purchase.

Maverick-DBZ-
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by: yipguseng
since aone is droping DESTINY...now i m in dilemma on which fansub to choose for DESTINY..so goin to ask a question here...which fansub u all choose for now for DESITNY?

[Haro^2_Tori^2]

They did a great job on the last 5 episodes of Gundam SEED and now with the help of Tori^2 it's a no brainer! At least for me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

danholo
Sat, 03-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I suggest going with the Haroharo&Toritori episodes if you preferred the AonE releases. Frankly, though, SEED-Fansubs does a good job as well so I would say either one, but I've collected the AonE versions so far so I won't bother.

Roy Mustang
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

if you can't figure it out..then something is wrong.

Gundam Seed was almost over, and out of nowhere Bandai buys it and forces all the torrent sites to take it down and no longer sub it. It's been a while since I've seen a good anime series IN MY OPINION and them licensing it at the end of the series when only 2 more episodes needed to come out, pissed me and a lot of people off, till a friend of mine gave me the Haro^2 link

Azn_ATran
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Could u send me the link to Haro^2_Tori^2 website at azn_anthony_193@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot

Deblas
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Roy that sig is kickass but its HUGE!!. It needs to be smaller.

EDIT: okay, thats better.

Mut
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Did all you faggots who are asking for [Haro^2_Tori^2] website register on the forums just to ask that one question?

Roy Mustang
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Did all you faggots who are asking for [Haro^2_Tori^2] website register on the forums just to ask that one question?

I dunno, did you?

Deblas
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Everyone who is new and want to ask for the [Haro^2_Tori^2] torrents

IF you want to find it so bad then search for it in google cause we are seeing the seed fansubs and we'll not go to the trouble of finding the link for you. If you think that searching in google will be a bother for you then go and look at some anime torrent sites here: http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=14156&enterthrea d=y

Roy Mustang
Sun, 03-20-2005, 12:02 AM
ooo, yall just got SERVED!!!

danholo
Sun, 03-20-2005, 11:03 AM
I don't get it. Go to tokyotosho.com or baka-updates.com for all your fansub needs. I don't understand how people ask these questions. I've been watching fansubs since last September and I never was so curious! I had no problem finding this stuff... Even if it was licensed.

Y
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Roy Mustang

Gundam Seed was almost over, and out of nowhere Bandai buys it and forces all the torrent sites to take it down and no longer sub it.

Because it is their right to do so since they own the series you're watching.

Mite Gai
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:47 PM

Yea, Y is right, you have to remember that they are thinking of what will make the most profit, not what will please the most people. And since they own it, why allow people to obtain it for free when they can charge them money for it?

Y
Sun, 03-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Seriously. Making these shows costs money. If Bandai NA doesn't sell it to television and rigorously protect their copyrights, you will get productions that either have lower production values or aren't made at all.

PrinceMarth
Sun, 03-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Guys, you don't need to try to be secure about it. If Bandai wants to shut down Haro^2-Tori^2, it would be EASY for them to do so. They're not trying to be covert at all, Bandai knows that they're subbing it and they know who they are. They're not stupid. They know how to use Google too. They can find TokyoToshokan, they can find Haro-Tori, they can find S-F, and you know why? Because they're not even hiding.

You don't need to try to be covert for them.

intense
Sun, 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
hahah true.
but hey, why not just be anonymous and sub it.
bandai probably wont shut it down, because they dont know who to shut down, plus they wouldnt know who to sue.
but hey, we all want credit right?

Roy Mustang
Sun, 03-20-2005, 11:07 PM

Gundam Seed was almost over, and out of nowhere Bandai buys it and forces all the torrent sites to take it down and no longer sub it.

christ...you totally missed the point, why don't you try to NOT think in a business wave length and come down to a fan basis...

Y
Sun, 03-20-2005, 11:53 PM

christ...you totally missed the point, why don't you try to NOT think in a business wave length and come down to a fan basis...

Fuck you. You aren't a "fan" if the only way you'll support a series is if a company lets you steal it.

Mite Gai
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Fuck you. You aren't a "fan" if the only way you'll support a series is if a company lets you steal it.

Exactly, nicely stated.

Roy Mustang
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:37 AM

oooo, big man, talking big over the internet, I bet you think you got big boy balls now, anyways, if you got aggrovated that easily, then your not very mature.

as they say "ignorance must be bliss" so you must be at the top of the mountain.

Best thing you can come up with is a "fuck you" response, oh please...that shows me you couldn't think of something else to make yourself sound "intelligent"

I've been a Gundam fan for many years, so don't try to tell me my standing just because I got mad when they took the series down from being downloaded when it was just about done. I like watching my anime in japanese before they bastardize it w/ american dubbing, I saw Gundam Seed dubbed, I wasn't pleased w/ half the voices in that show.

For a college student who has virtually no cash, even w/ a job. Buying anime is out of the question because prices are going up lately, making it more costly. Downloads are the best alternative for a person who's money goes to school, food, bills and supplies.

Hell, there's lots of anime's I want to collect because of what I've seen from what I've downloaded and what my room mate has downloaded, how do you think most anime distributors make their sales? Not just by people randomly buying it because it seems interesting, the main two factors is that they've seen it before, liked it, recommended it to other people and wanted to collect the series.

I can give you a small list of anime's I want to collect later on because of what I've seen. If I had the cash, I'd be buying the one's w/ an asterisk by them now because I saw them at Best Buy and Suncoast.

Gundam Seed/Destiny*
Full Metal Alchemist*
Naruto
Bleach
BECK
Air
Beet, the Vandel Buster
Mahou Sensei Negima
Girls Bravo
School Rumble
Slam Dunk
Paranoia Story
Saiyuki and Saiyuki: Reload*
Hundred Stories/Requiem From the Darkness*
Xenosaga: The Animation

Mite Gai - good job man, nice little spam post you made there.

danholo
Tue, 03-22-2005, 05:46 AM
If it weren't for fansubbers, people like me, who live in Finland(!) or in other god forsaken (anime forsaken) countries, would have absolutely no access to anime. So, when it comes to licensing, I couldn't give a damn because a) a DVD with 3-4 episodes costs a fortune b)with shipping it costs even more c)you'll need a region free DVD player, which I have d)we have high taxes here, so if you order something from the US and it goes through customs it'll cost even more. When something is licensed there, it doesn't mean it's here. Too bad that European fansubbers come from Germany or some other language-barrier country.

It I weren't a fan of Gundam or Anime in general, I just wouldn't watch it. By giving my two cents to the Japanese market, II do import some of the OST's for animes and mainly some Japanese video games.