PDA

View Full Version : Need a suggestion

Knarf
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:16 PM
I need a recomendation for a manga to try, i have read most of what i like many times and am interested in trying anew series. any recomendations?

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Which genres do you like or well you test anything.

This mangas are a must read if you havent read them.

Hajime No Ippo
Berserk
Hunter X Hunter
Vagabond
GTO
Lone Wolf and Cub
Blade of The Immortal
One Piece.

Munsu
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:14 AM
some of the less known that i like are:

20th Century Boys
Zetman
Tokko
Agharta
D.Gray-man

I enjoy also:

3x3 Eyes
Hajime no Ippo
Vagabond
Blade of the Immortal

kAi
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Along with those above

Battle Royale and Ah! My Goddess

relevasius
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:42 AM
deathnote
monster
homunculus (nothing to do with FMA)
MPD Psycho
Noise
Blame
Blame NSE
Biomega

i'm a nihei fanboy

BravoSector
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Black Cat
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Alchemist
Pretty Face

phanti
Tue, 04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
My personal favourites: (begins with the best)
One Piece
Battle Angel Alita
Yakitate Japan! - awsome manga about bread ;p
Dragon Ballz
Ranma 1/2
Bleach
Deathnote
HunterXHunter
Psychic academy ;P
Girl Saurus - a guy which is ridiculously afraid of woman since he was nearly beaten to death by a once fat woman.

Well, Im also kind of looking for new good/funny manga to read.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-02-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm looking for a new manga to read, I've got this week free and I want something new:
Genre: Adventure, Fighting, Adult Shonen (not gag fighting, but not too much thinking)
I'm basically looking for a complete manga, something quite long (around 20Volumes) that's easy to read and enjoyable.
something like Recca, or black cat, or anyother fighting series that could be made into a bad anime that's cut short halfway through the story. problem is, most of what i would like to read isn't complete yet in manga form (getbackers, YYH, SDK)...
can anyone suggest me something?

I posted it earlier in the reviews thread, then came to my senses.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-02-2007, 07:58 AM
The biggest problem with your request is that most series that are "quite long" aren't anywhere close to being complete. I can give you plenty of shorter ones, but it's likely you've read most of the longer, completed ones.

Well, it's not complete, and it's not utterly without gags, but ID is exactly what you're looking for. A korean manwha, typically fantasy-adventure fare, with elf-boobs to keep you focussed. It's long, and k-manga has been releasing it at a very good pace (7 volumes so far of ongoing 16).

Also not completed, but definitely, definitely read Shin Angyo Onshi. It has everything you'd want, and is hands down one of the most beautiful mangas I've read, in terms of both art and writing.

As for real answers, there's always the original Battle Angel Alita. It is complete, though the spinoff revitalizing it continues slowly. Peridot is another, though again, short, just 6 volumes.

Carnage
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
some of the less known that i like are:
D.Gray-man

D. Gray-man isn't popular? That's a surprise...

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-08-2007, 07:50 AM
he wrote that 2 years ago,,, it was only beginning.
and actually, I don't think D.Gray is 1st rate popular. I don't see many mentionnings of it around.