PDA

View Full Version : Sasuke Vs. Kimimaro

Assassin
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I can't believe no ones made a vs thread for these two.

now, we haven't actaully seen what sasuke can do in his current state, nor do we know teh full extent of kimi's capabilities...in fact we dont even know if this fight will ever happen.....

but they both have a cursed seal (kimi = heaven, sasuke = earth ?) so obviously there needs to be a poll so ppl can post there crack pot theories and argue with each otehr about who's gonna win

Edit:

and dont forget all the normal rules: no spoiling, give a reason, if u think somone spoiled REPORT it and DONT point it out

Jessper
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Sasuke is a loser compared to kimi! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif I think kimi would win because sasuke isn't anywhere near mastering his bloodline where as kimi is, if they had both mastered their bloodlines then it might be different but kimi has a large advantage.

Rek
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
not only is kimimaro the one that orochimaru still wants but we hafta assume that we are dealing with kimmimaro in his prime, right? because I honestly don't think he will survive long enough to fight sasuke.... I personally think thats how he's going down... not by lee or gaara, but from that disease.

i mean, sure the chidori would rip a hole in his belly, but thats only if it'd hit him... he avoided lee's primary lotus excellently... he's perfect at analyzing styles.... which is why drunken boxing is useful... and I'd say get sasuke drunk, but he'd just be a depressive drunk, not a violent one, like lee.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:57 PM
You even need to ask? http://valethcosmo.free.fr/kimikimi.jpeg

Rek
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kemerek/gaara.jpg

pwned

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Kimi would die, but not from Sasuke. Sasuke gets to frusterated and angry when fighting. Like when he faught Itachi, all he did was just run in a straght line with the Chidori and swing, no strategy, just run. Kimi vs Sasuke would be just like the fight when Gaaras used his ultiment defense. Kimi would send a bunch a spikes out, but still be able to do some damage.

Sasuke would jerk around for a little while, until eather Sasuke faints like he always does, or Kimi falls ill.

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I voted Sasuke earlier but couldn't reply. Kimi wouldn't stand a chance vs Sasuke. Kimi couldn't land a hit on Lee so imagine Sasuke's sharingan slowing down Kimi's movements. And I doubt Kimi reject kiatin can withstand chidori.

Rek
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
I voted Sasuke earlier but couldn't reply. Kimi wouldn't stand a chance vs Sasuke. Kimi couldn't land a hit on Lee so imagine Sasuke's sharingan slowing down Kimi's movements. And I doubt Kimi reject kiatin can withstand chidori.

yeah, but sasuke can't use the sharingan to that level yet... kakashi barely can, for that matter.

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Sorry, changed my post, I wasn't satisfied with the first.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I think Sasuke, we know that he can move as quickly as Lee, and that his Sharingan is particularly adept and helping him dodge and counter, in ways that even Lee can't, (as shown when Sasuke attacks Gara in his Shell), following that line of thinking, anything that Lee can block, Sasuke can, and any attack that Lee can throw down outside of opening gates, Sasuke can do too. On top of the fact that anything Lee can do, Sasuke can, Sasuke has many other abilities to draw upon, not just taijutsu, and he has the mature cursed seal. i t hink h'ed own kimimaro , all it would take is a chidori to the chest, which couldn't be blocked by some badasss bone growing action.

edit: wow, 5 ppl responded in the time it took me to write my post.

Y
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Sasuke would get destroyed by Kimimaro.

EDIT:

Without invoking spoilers:

Sasuke couldn't even hurt Sakon and Sakon is FAR less durable than Kimimaro.

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM

Sorry, Sasuke hasn't developed the mangekyou sharingan yet.

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Slowing down movements is normal for the Sharingan, has nothing to do with the eye move of doom.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

What does mangekyou sharingan have to do w/ anything he said?

Dezalanel
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:22 PM
As Y said....Sasuke would get annihilated by Kimi. I will not say any spoilers here but....Sasuke does not stand a chance and I think you will understand why eventually.

Y
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Far less durable is actually an exaggeration of mine. However Kimimaro is definitely more powerful than Sakon, and his specialty is durability. Sasuke can't break his bones.

phlos
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
There is no way Sasuke would win. Although he could break kimi's bones, with a well placed chidori, there is no way he would be able to hit kimi. Hands down kimi.

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi

Originally posted by: Jaredster

What does mangekyou sharingan have to do w/ anything he said?

Because I assumed you meant Sasuke could use genjutsu on Kimi, which he can't without the mangekyou sharingan. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Assertn
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
http://www.geocities.com/kemerek/gaara.jpg

pwned

hahaha, rek got you good, terra

Sharingan-3y3
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
man... sasuke would own kimi in his current state without a seal.. he has sharingan and he is a Uchiha.. all u n00b fagtards that like kimi have no idea.. of what Sharingan and Sasuke are capable of..

Dezalanel
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Sharingan-3y3
man... sasuke would own kimi in his current state without a seal.. he has sharingan and he is a Uchiha.. all u n00b fagtards that like kimi have no idea.. of what Sharingan and Sasuke are capable of..

I hope you are being sarcastic....otherwise you are the "n00b fagtard". If you didn't notice....Sasuke got his assed EASILY whooped by Sound 4 people when they did not even use seals.....Now consider Kimi...former leader of Sound 4...can manipulate his bones...has seal. Yeah well you get the point... Sasuke would be completly demolished... he does not stand a chance in hell.

KitKat
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't understand why everyone loves these vs threads so much.

Ah well. Now that we've actually seen some of what Kimi is capable of, I think he would squash Sasuke like a bug. The only powerful technique capable of taking out Kimi that Sasuke has is the chidori, and in order for that to be effective, he needs to land a direct hit. There's no way Kimi would let that happen.

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by: KitKat
I don't understand why everyone loves these vs threads so much.

It gives us something to do until the next episode.

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Sasuke did pretty good for a 4on1, plus the only reason I don't think the lion combo worked on Sakon is because Ukon was secretly blocking the attacks.

Sharingan-3y3
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:54 PM
omg Dez, look what u are saying.. "4" sound ninjas, dude we are talking about a one on one.. soo.. sasuke can whoop this gaytards ass..

Jaredster
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Rofl Sharingan-3y3. Calm down

Anyways, the Sound 4 were not supposed to full out attack Sasuke because Orochimaru needed Sasuke in one piece. Remeber the Sound 4 put two jounin in the hospital.

Sharingan-3y3
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
again all i hear is 4, 4, 4, 4, guys this is a 1 v 1 poll, kimi is strong (and a fag) but he wouldnt have a chance against sasuke and the sharingan + sasuke's new seal.. believe the fact guys..

Y
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
omg Dez, look what u are saying.. "4" sound ninjas, dude we are talking about a one on one.. soo.. sasuke can whoop this gaytards ass..

You're off to a great start, a huge retarded sig and crying about someone's opinion on a vs. fight.

Sasuke connected direct hits on Sakon. They did jack shit. Sakon doesn't have a bloodline ability to generate super durable defensive spikes. Therefore Sasuke's blows will do jack shit to Kimimaro.

EDIT:

Also, you (assuming you are an anime viewer) have no idea how strong Sasuke's Curse Seal is, so how does that factor in?

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:00 AM
man, sasuke can't touch kimi. you just know that he will bone him to death.... bone STYLE

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by: jing
man, sasuke can't touch kimi. you just know that he will bone him to death.... bone STYLE

Bone him? yeah, Kimimaro probably swings that way. Sasuke won't be able to walk for weeks.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:05 AM
first of all... Alien guy.. im not just an anime viwer.. that goes for that, i kno owhat his seal is capable of.. thas 2, and the whole sig thing, its not huge OR retarded anymore.. at least i didnt steal or use someone else's (mut's), and last.. lets not get off subject, judging by ur rank, ur just a dumb spoiler anyway.. dont even kno whatu are talking bout..

Mut
This is a completely unfair scenario for Sasuke. The anime viewers haven't even seen Kimimaro or Sasuke's level 2 curse seal, so how is anyone suppose to even make an unbias choice?

If we're using what we've seen so far to help us choose who'd win in a fight, then Kimimaro would definitely win by a landslide.

Y
first of all... Alien guy.. im not just an anime viwer.. that goes for that, i kno owhat his seal is capable of.. thas 2, and the whole sig thing, its not huge OR retarded anymore.. at least i didnt steal or use someone else's (mut's), and last.. lets not get off subject, judging by ur rank, ur just a dumb spoiler anyway.. dont even kno whatu are talking bout..

hahahahahah

EDIT:

hahaha

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
hahahahahah

that tells me i am right.. soo shh....

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:09 AM

hahahahahah

....ummm, dude, i think he's laughing at you....

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:09 AM

hahahahahah

sure you are sparky.

Mut I am sooooo sorry I STOLE this sig from you.

lmao.

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:13 AM

LOL, this is funny. I think this is the first time a manga reader is bragging about future knowledge that he has from reading haha.......

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, whereas I accidentally spoiled something in a discussion off-board where everyone was spoiling, this guy is bragging about the fact that he based his vote on a spoiler in the anime-only forum.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:15 AM
no on is bragging.. just answering to the alien's stupid post

Sharingan-3y3, next time you want to post in a "character A vs characer B" discussion, please don't bring up your manga knowledge. As a matter of fact, you shouldn't even mention that you read the manga. All it does is anger the anime only viewers. Also, everyone, stay on topic. It's getting really annoying.

GotWoot Moderator

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:16 AM
You aren't supposed to be basing your decision on the manga, dipshit.

EDIT: Now with 100% less capslock.

Off topics discussion ends here. Thanks.

GotWoot Moderator

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:16 AM
If you're not bragging, then why are you even saying anything about you reading the manga? Does reading the manga give you more credibility? fuck no.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
i didnt base it on the manga u .. dont kno what to call u whahaha... read my first post in this poll.. i said he would kick kimis ass without even the seal, matter of self opnion.. so sh... dont get too cocky...

Jaredster
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok people, lets knock it off. Seriously.

We haven't seen Sasuke with the Lvl. 2 seal yet, but he may be able to do some damage to Kimi with it, but only if Kimi is at level 1.

Also Sasuke would never be able to defeat Kimi. Orochimaru favored Kimi over Sasuke and would have used him if it weren't for his disease.

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:19 AM
wow, u just joined and ur already gettin a bad rep...anyhow, back on topic: kimi 's bone defense seems to be somewhat like neji's 360 degree spin, so ya, sasuke prob won't be able to land a hit on im

I thought I told everyone to stop going off topic? Next person to go off topic gets to go on a vacation.
Y, IGNORE HIM.

GotWoot Moderator

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:19 AM
i didnt base it on the manga u .. dont kno what to call u whahaha... read my first post in this poll.. i said he would kick kimis ass without even the seal, matter of self opnion.. so sh... dont get too cocky...

yeah, your "self opinion" is based on your own character bias, whereas my "self opinion" is based on the fact that Sasuke failed to harm someone weaker than Kimimaro with direct hits.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:26 AM
ok.. but see.. reffering to sasukes fight with gaara, if u guys remember those spiky things that came out from the sand ball he was in.. sasuke dodged them all using the sharingan and the incredible speed he has.. so kimis bones would play the same roll.. sasuke can dodge them all because he has sharingan.. + he has chidori and a whole bunch of other jutsus for offense also.. (katon, kyurika no jutus, etc., sharingan triple bs.., etc.) so lets not forget that.. all u guys see is kimis bones.. reffering to the anime.. we havent seen anything from his bones.. they have just poked out soo far..

+ we dont kno anything bout his level 2

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Were Gaara's spikes fast enough to react to Lee level speed?

No.

Are Kimimaro's bones?

Yes.

Will Kimimaro sit still and let Sasuke power up the Chidori?

No.

EDIT:

This is an on-topic post by the way. Unless I'm just not allowed to talk to Sharingan3y3 anymore, stealth mod.

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:33 AM
i wonder if chidori can penetrate svrl layers of kimi's special bones; from what i can tell, its (i meant the bone) pretty strong

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
i wonder if chidori can penetrate svrl layers of kimi's special bones; from what i can tell, its pretty strong

It didn't penetrate all the way through Haku's body, which is less durable than bone.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
sure it can, remember sasuke vs gaara fight? gai said its like a sword that can cut thru anything.. ANYTHING!

it only didnt penetrate through hakus body b/c kakashi wasnt trying to take his hand out from zabuza's back.. he was trying to kill him instantly

Jaredster
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:35 AM
i wonder if chidori can penetrate svrl layers of kimi's special bones; from what i can tell, its (i meant the bone) pretty strong

Yea it just may, but as far as we know, Kimi might be able to regrow his bones.

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:36 AM
That is Kakashi's Chidori. Which is obviously more powerful. But anyways as Y said...Kakashi's didnt even go through Haku's body....you expect Sasukes weaker chidori to go throw that bone that is harder than steel. No it cant. Period, end of discussion!

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:37 AM

it only didnt penetrate through hakus body b/c kakashi wasnt trying to take his hand out from zabuza's back.. he was trying to kill him instantly

thats an assumption tho...chidori did penetrate gaara's sand

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:39 AM
It pierced the sand of course. That was with a TON of running time and a motionless opponent.

Jaredster
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
That is Kakashi's Chidori. Which is obviously more powerful. But anyways as Y said...Kakashi's didnt even go through Haku's body....you expect Sasukes weaker chidori to go throw that bone that is harder than steel. No it cant. Period, end of discussion!

As far as we know, Sasuke knows it exactly the way Kakashi does. He is just limited on his chakra levels.

Sharingan-3y3

guys.. lets not jump to conclusion on out own soo fast.. this is not the end of discussion i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Kimimaro is able to have Lee go from moving faster than the eye can perceive to stopped, instantly. He can stop Sasuke's hand motion and thus remove any impact force that the Chidori has. Gaara's slower sand defenses were able to be stopped at the time by Sasuke's Lee-level speed, but being as fast as Rock Lee (with the 1st gate open) obviously isn't good enough against Kimimaro.

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:45 AM
kimimaro could prob stop sasuke's hand motion w/ a bone, but i'm guessing that that bone would be disentegrated...either way, i don't think sasuke would win

oh, and even if the bone is disentegrated, i dun think kimi would be hurt from that, so basically sasuke won't be able to land a hit on kimi

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
The only way Sasuke would even have enough time to power up a chidori capable of hurting Kimimaro would be if Kimimaro just stood around and beat off for a few minutes.

Sharingan-3y3
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:49 AM
you guys are making kimimaro sound like a jounin or sannin or something.. forgetting all about Uchiha and the their abilities..

quit making this discussion bout chidori vs kimimaro guys.. this is sasuke vs kimi, sasuke's only weapon is not chidori, chidori is not even an uchiha ability its something creative kakashi originated.. uchiha ability (the sharingan) can do much more than just chidori.., copying movements and jutsus, seeing thru opponents nextx move.. etc. u guys kno the rest., i think im making a good point here

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:51 AM

first of all... Alien guy.. im not just an anime viwer...that goes for that, i kno owhat his seal is capable of.. thas 2, and the whole sig thing, its not huge OR retarded anymore.. at least i didnt steal or use someone else's (mut's), and last.. lets not get off subject, judging by ur rank, ur just a dumb spoiler anyway.. dont even kno whatu are talking bout..

Jaredster
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:55 AM
you guys are making kimimaro sound like a jounin or sannin or something.. forgetting all about Uchiha and the their abilities..

quit making this discussion bout chidori vs kimimaro guys.. this is sasuke vs kimi, sasuke's only weapon is not chidori, chidori is not even an uchiha ability its something creative kakashi originated.. uchiha ability (the sharingan) can do much more than just chidori.., copying movements and jutsus, seeing thru opponents nextx move.. etc. u guys kno the rest., i think im making a good point here

Orochimaru favors the Kaguya Clan's bloodline limit more than the Uchiha bloodline.

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:59 AM
didnt see warning thanks jarester

okay in that case. then we agree that Sasuke CAN'T use the sharingan as good as kakashi or Itachi. Sasuke could not even read Gaara's attacks. He trembled in fear.

Jaredster
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:04 AM
no problem.

Kimi in my opinion is at a jounin level, since he has the mental and physical capabilities of one. He has the ability to analyse situations like a jounin and fight with the strenth and speed of one too.

drcitan
Tue, 03-08-2005, 02:06 AM

Look at what sharingan does and look at Kimimaro

1. The sharingan copies Nin, Gen, Tai, can detect the flow of charka as well as copy movements.(correct me if I left anything out)
2. Sasuke hasn't mastered sharingan yet unlike Kimi who has already mastered his bloodline limit.
3. Kimi has more knowledge about the curse seals and how they affect ones body.
4. Sasuke's Tai is useless against Kimi b/c of his bone structure.
5. Chidori is the only useful move against Kimi but even then Kimi prob would'nt give him enough time since Kimi's speed is on par with Rock Lee's.
6. You just gave Kimi another plus by saying Sasuke could own him without using his curse seal.
7. Sasuke got punished by Sakon without using the curse seal and even with the curse seal.
8. Kimimaro is stronger than Sakon who is the strongest of the sound 4.
9. Kimimaro does'nt use Gen, nor Nin so Sasuke could'nt copy these techs from him.
10. Sasuke could'nt copy the bones from Kimi b/c its a bloodlimit tech which leaves Sasuke owned in the end with the (Ninja Gaiden) music playing when you die in the background.
11. Jus when you thought I left out Sasuke's Katon techs which would be useless against Kimi b/c he could dodge the flames with no prob.

Darkwraith
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:58 AM
From what I've seen so far, both Sasuke and Kimi have level 2 cursed seals so they are even in that regard. Kimi had difficulty keeping up with Lee's pace. Sasuke is just as fast as Lee, if not faster, so Sasuke should be able to land some hits on Kimi like Lee did. On top of that, he has the Sharingan so he can almost "predict" Kimi's movements (by predict I mean read Kimi's movements in the same way Kakashi was able to copy Zabuza's hand seals) and avoid his attacks. Plus Sasuke has the Chidori which can without a doubt break through Kimi's bones. All this talk about Kimi won't let Sasuke charge up the Chidori is bullshit. Never in the 124 ep history of Naruto has someone ever stopped their opponent from "charging up" an attack and they're not about to start now. Besides, if Kimi is stupid enough to stop a fight to let his opponent drink some medicine, he is stupid enough to let an opponent charge up. Another thing to note is that Sasuke is not the same kid he was before. His personality has changed dramatically, his evil laugh when he came out of the barrell is testament to this. This new personality can only make him more powerfull, he has been freed from being a peacful ninja which was holding him back. Above all, Kimi is ill and cannot use his body to its full potential. Therefore, I think Sasuke can defeat Kimi.

On a side note, I don't know why there is so much hype surrounding Kimi, he hasn't impressed me at all so far. Maybe the manga readers know something that I don't....?

Oakleya
Tue, 03-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Kimi had difficulty keeping up with Lee's pace

I dont get it, kimi have no problem keeping up with lee's speed.. it's lee's unpredictible drunken movement that's giving kimi troubles.

Besides, who knows who's gonna win since they haven't even fought each other... which I doubt they will.

Mut
Tue, 03-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by: Darkwraith
Kimi had difficulty keeping up with Lee's pace.
Wrong.

Another thing to note is that Sasuke is not the same kid he was before. His personality has changed dramatically, his evil laugh when he came out of the barrell is testament to this. This new personality can only make him more powerfull, he has been freed from being a peacful ninja which was holding him back.
Wrong.

Do I really need to state the reasons why you're wrong...? These are pretty obvious...

Death BOO Z
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:03 AM
since both of them have lvl 2 seals of equal powers, it makes the decision much easier, becuase we only need to compare thier original state.

as said before, Sasuke couldn't harm Sakon cuz Ukon was blocking, any taijutsu attack on Kimi would be the same, and it's even possible that KImi's bones would harm Sasuke in the process. Therefore 1-0 for kimi.
in terms of genjutsu, we haven't seen any of them doing anything worth noticing, so the result is the same.
the only half decent Ninjutsu Sasuke has is the chidori, all the fire moves can't amount to shit, they never worked on anyone, even naruto managed to survive them and was able to keep fighting without giving a damn.

so basically, the fight is chidori against every bone justu possible, i'm betting that even if kimi can't dodge the chidori (fat chance) he can still put on a barrier of bones and avoid damage. and considering that Sasuke can only use it twice a day, it's more then possible that he'll run out of chackra.

about the sharingan, it can't read the future nor can it see the next movement of the enemy, it gives the person a good insight for small muscle changes that indicate future movemt (like Usui's shindo in rourouni kenshin), it won't be able to read the bone movements, since sasuke has no idea how bones move.

besides, Kimimaru was orochimaru's first choice for a body, and sakon said the kimimaru is much stronger than sasuke, so how could sasuke win?

Rek
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: Darkwraith
Kimi had difficulty keeping up with Lee's pace.
Wrong.

Another thing to note is that Sasuke is not the same kid he was before. His personality has changed dramatically, his evil laugh when he came out of the barrell is testament to this. This new personality can only make him more powerfull, he has been freed from being a peacful ninja which was holding him back.
Wrong.

Do I really need to state the reasons why you're wrong...? These are pretty obvious...

wait... is he serious about the personality thing?

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
You guys keep saying how Sasuke's Sharingan can copy movements and such like Kakashis.....WRONG. If you did not notice Sasuke has not realized how to use his Sharingan fully yet. Notice he only has 2 dots in his eye while Itachi and Kakashi have 3. Sasuke can not predict bone movements either...one charge at kimi and he would be gored to death.

Souryusen
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh man I love vs threads.

As much as I like Sasuke I'm gonna give this fight to Kimi.

Would the Sharingan help? Sure, but only from a defensive standpoint. Sasuke doesn't have a move in his arsenal with enough power to put a hurtin on Kimi except perhaps Chidori, which he hasn't a prayer of getting charged. Katon techs might work but since they've been damn near useless for the past hundred episodes or so I wouldn't count on it.

Lee speed is no good seeing as it... didn't work for Lee and what's more Sasuke hasn't the stamina to use das uber speed as freely as Lee.

Only way Sasuke could win would be to take advantage of Kimi's compromised immune system and sneeze on him a bunch hoping for a War of the Worlds victory.

example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Souryusen/tehpox.jpg

Aeon
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
You guys are giving Kimi too much credit. So what Sasuke can't use the sharingan as well as Itachi and Kakashi. That doesn't mean that it's natural abilities such as slowing down the enemy movements won't be of help to him.
Jing Sasuke was reading Gaara movements that's why he said if it wasn't for these eyes I'd be dead right now.
I said it once I'll say it again when Sasuke faught Sakon we didn't know anything about him so of course it looked like his attacks had no effect but later on we learned that Ukon is able to block for him. Common sense tells us that Ukon blocked the lion combo.

Assertn
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

i wonder if chidori can penetrate svrl layers of kimi's special bones; from what i can tell, its pretty strong

It didn't penetrate all the way through Haku's body, which is less durable than bone.

Actually......it technically DID penetrate all the way through Haku's body........
They censored that in the anime.

As for those of you who are basing the outcome of a fight like this on what other people think of the 2 characters, lets not forget Kabuto, who said, "I wonder who is stronger, him or you?" to kimimaro.

Ilidune
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
No way in hell does sasuke stand a chance against Kimi . . . all sasuke has is the chidori, and that never seems to hit its mark, its just a straight thrust. And remember sasuke got his ass handed to him by the sound nins when they first came to konoha to get him, and they were just messing with him. Kimi would tear sasuke apart, for sure

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Actually......it technically DID penetrate all the way through Haku's body........
They censored that in the anime.

No using manga here Assertn.

Ok, ok, I hadn't read that in forever. Point taken.

drcitan
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
You guys are giving Kimi too much credit. So what Sasuke can't use the sharingan as well as Itachi and Kakashi. That doesn't mean that it's natural abilities such as slowing down the enemy movements won't be of help to him.
Jing Sasuke was reading Gaara movements that's why he said if it wasn't for these eyes I'd be dead right now.
I said it once I'll say it again when Sasuke faught Sakon we didn't know anything about him so of course it looked like his attacks had no effect but later on we learned that Ukon is able to block for him. Common sense tells us that Ukon blocked the lion combo.

I don't think were giving Kimimaro too much credit but rather stating the facts based off what we have seen of him during battle. I agree with you on Sasuke being able to read Kimimaro's movements but he can only use the sharingan for so long.

You have to remember that Sasuke was barely able to evade Gaara's attacks. Kimimaro is faster than Gaara which would def make it harder for Sasuke to read his movements.

Sasuke would prob give him a good fight but in the end he will end up jus like Naruto did OWNED. (If only I knew how to take screen shots from the anime and paste them here)i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Y
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by: drcitan

Sasuke would prob give him a good fight but in the end he will end up jus like Naruto did OWNED. (If only I knew how to take screen shots from the anime and paste them here[/IMG]

you can take screens in BSplayer and upload them to imageshack.

drcitan
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Prec

kooshi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Both Sasuke and Kimimaro are good fighters, each with their own strengths. Still, if they were to fight against each other, Kimimaro would probably win. Both of them are close combat fighters, except that Sasuke is capable of a few long disance attacks. Still, Kimimaro would always have the advantage because of his bones. From that, Sasuke's taijutsu would be stopped many times and Chidori is very risky to use since it uses up a LOT of his chakra, not to mention that Kimimaro is also fast and most likely capable of dodging it. He can probably also stop chidori if he can time his bones to stop Sasuke's hand before the chidori hits him, but that's most unlikely.

greateachermin
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I also think Kimi would win... here's why
1) sasuke hand to hand combat is equal if not less than lee, and lee cant hit kimi in his normal state(not drunk)
2) we havent seen sasuke copy a single jutsu, so i doubt that sasuke knows how to do it even if Kimi actually perfrom a seal
3) Kimi would be at a jounin level, so his sense of fighting strategy is problaly better, he maybe more cunning than sasuke..... for example, itachi is very cunning in how he just grab sasuke hand and divert the chidori to another direction without effort
so if you say bloodline vs bloodline, itachi might win but sasuke wouldnt because hes still weak, if u remember the fight with naruto, only one naruto hits sasuke as much as sasuke hits naruto back.... and naruto cant land a single hit on kimi....
sasuke is doomed

Rek
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by: greateachermin
2) we havent seen sasuke copy a single jutsu, so i doubt that sasuke knows how to do it even if Kimi actually perfrom a seal

your kidding, correct? what about lion combo?

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-08-2005, 06:31 PM
This will never be resolved, and will come down to personal bias or preconception. Not a single person here will change their mind on what they already think, that's pretty much to be taken for granted.

Imho Kimimaro > Sasuke, though I'm not all that impressed with Kimimaro. Personality-wise, he's as bland as sawdust, and his ability is a cheap ripoff of many other sources. Not only that, but Lee, even though he's just a weak genin who just escaped from the hospital, forced Kimi to open his cursed seal in order to overcome him. Remember, Kimi says 'looks like I have no choice', right after being hit by Lee, and being unable to land a blow on him in return. So, props to Lee for being able to force Kimi into a more serious mode.

Kimi to me is just a plot device that is being used to let us see some classic characters in action again. He was cooler in the manga, he seems older, taller, and with the censorship of his technique, almost lame in the anime. Naruto v Kimi was excruciating to watch, like paint drying. Lee kicked things up a notch, one of the best eps in the series! Looking forward to seeing Gaara in action i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

That said, this is all just MY opinion, and has zero bearing on anything at all, just like the rest of you. To think that anyone has an open mind or gives a crap is just vanity.

Rek
Tue, 03-08-2005, 06:58 PM
lol @ imho

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I pointed this out b4.....Kimi did NOT open his seal versus Lee completely. He just like cracked it open an inch.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I pointed this out b4.....Kimi did NOT open his seal versus Lee completely. He just like cracked it open an inch.

Lol ok, where did it say that? In the anime, all he says is basically 'I guess I have no choice', depending on DB/Aone. In the manga 211/13, he says 'I can't read his movements'. On 211/14, he then says 'seems like theres no other choice', and proceeds to do what he did in anime ep 124.

I am a manga reader, and can't elaborate on where I think you may be going with this, but it's more or less irrelevant. Whether or not he's using his seal at a high or low level, these facts remain : (1)- he couldn't read / counter lee without it, and (2)- he 'had no choice' but to activate it, which means that is is ON now, even if he's just scratching the surface of his abilities WITH the seal.

WithOUT the seal, he was outclassed... by a GENIN i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

greateachermin
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
outclass by a genin u say...
remember, the genins in konoha might be at the levels of chunnin or jounin now, the only reason they are not is because the exam went bad.... plus all the "genins" fought desparately with everything they had
in a way its kinda like they surprise the sounds because the sounds underestimate them too much
in battle underestimating your oponent gives the oponent an advantage

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Well if Sauske used Chidori, it would be strong enough to go through basically all his bones. Kimimaro is mostly a taijuitsu user where as Sauske will mostly be a gen and ninjuitsu user.

Rek
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:21 PM
if he was smart, yes... but sasuke has been focusing on alot of taijutsu's as of late -,-

shadowstalker888
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
whenever some1 is pissed off they get stronger(like sasuke)... he will own that kimi guy his chidori will slice right through the bones....

Jessper
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: shadowstalker888
whenever some1 is pissed off they get stronger(like sasuke)... he will own that kimi guy his chidori will slice right through the bones....

Got an example of them getting strong when mad? I can't remember any atm.

Everyone assumes so quickly that the chidori could cut through kimi's bone defense AND still do damage. Sure he cut a hole in gaara's defense but it didn't end up getting close enough to do real damage.

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by: shadowstalker888

So when Kimimaro gets pissed off, he will rape Sasuke. Ah, I understand you perfectly.

Roko
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
outclass by a genin u say...
remember, the genins in konoha might be at the levels of chunnin or jounin now, the only reason they are not is because the exam went bad.... plus all the "genins" fought desparately with everything they had
in a way its kinda like they surprise the sounds because the sounds underestimate them too much
in battle underestimating your oponent gives the oponent an advantage

in addition, the sound 4 are already weakened from using the curse seal against the 2 jounin from b4, and kimi seems to be sick or somethin

Takuma
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:24 AM
1) sasuke hand to hand combat is equal if not less than lee, and lee cant hit kimi in his normal state(not drunk

I dont think so because they basicly sauske has way less stamina than lee. Basicly it seem sauske could go rock lees normal speed only for a little while while Rock Lee could run around like that all day. I also dont think that wouldnt be fair to say since lee is a taijutsu specialists. In a taijutsu only match even with no gates or anything I belive for sure Rock Lee would own sauske. However since sauske isnt limited to taijutsu normally of course that helps him out. also I wish I could see what a fully healed Lee could of done. Rock Lee needs to get a new taijutsu move that can penetrate defensive stuff. Every time he lost it was because of some kind of defense basicly.

CheesyPuffs144
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I dunno if its safe to assume this, but I would think Kimi has more fighting experience than Sasuke.

greateachermin
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
takuma... arent we making the same point...
even if sasuke moves copies exactly the original.... if he fights with lee now using only taijutsu, he cant win because lee trained so hard

Got_Pho?
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
i say Konohamaru could take them BOTH down with one single move i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

look at it this way, who else can lay a hand on Sunade?
but only Konohamaru lay his whole face on her (.) (.)

and the guy below my post,
i don't know about him, but where i get my fish fillet, it doesn't come seasoned, i wonder where he get his fish from.

Sharingan-3y3
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:13 PM
everyone is forgetting sasuke power during the second exam.. remember when his cursed seal went to lvl 1? he freaking pwned those sound ninjaz, and dosu(who was damn strong and talented) told the others that he is too much for all 3 of them.. and that was just level 1.. just imagine.. sasuke's talent... #1 rookie... Uchiha skills... Sharingan... chidori... ON LEVEL 2 POWER!!!!! enough said! end of discussion.. now go to ur fag kimi and pray to win! pfff... just because the guys bones pops out u think he is jounin level.. so whats next.. kimi will pwn kakashi? pwhahaha

Jessper
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
takuma... arent we making the same point...
even if sasuke moves copies exactly the original.... if he fights with lee now using only taijutsu, he cant win because lee trained so hard

Are you saying this with or with out the sharingan?

everyone is forgetting sasuke power during the second exam.. remember when his cursed seal went to lvl 1? he freaking pwned those sound ninjaz, and dosu(who was damn strong and talented) told the others that he is too much for all 3 of them.. and that was just level 1.. just imagine.. sasuke's talent... #1 rookie... Uchiha skills... Sharingan... chidori... ON LEVEL 2 POWER!!!!! enough said! end of discussion.. now go to ur fag kimi and pray to win! pfff... just because the guys bones pops out u think he is jounin level.. so whats next.. kimi will pwn kakashi? pwhahaha

Clearly everyone that disagrees with you is a fag, I mean with your startling intellect who could disagree?

By the way, that's all sasuke is, the #1 ROOKIE. Now lets examine your points.

1) sasuke's talent

He has so much "talent" he is getting shown up by naruto now, enough said?

2) #1 rookie

Naruto was also the worst of his class, my how times change.

3) Uchiha skills

You mean, all those skills... like sharingan and.... well that's all I can think of.

4) Sharingan

He hasn't fully developed it and also I doubt he can read kimi's bones moving

5) chidori

This has been stopped numerous times, why does kimi have no chance of doing so as well? I belive with the way sasuke goes about things he will have a hard time hitting a half decent ninja with this move.

6) ON LEVEL 2 POWER

pssssst, Kimimaro has a seal too, and you know what? I bet he can open a second level of it as well.

Sharingan-3y3
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
well the way u are quoting sasuke.. u making him sound like a ... well maybe an academy student? so why dont u list kimi's talents, etc. lets see what he got since u kno him ONLY for like 3 episodes or so.. and u talking so much shit bout him.. jeez these ppl barely kno the guy and they love him already.. u dont even kno what can or cant do..thas why i called some of u n00bs.. that fall in love with a character that has just showed up and bring an all time favorite character down.. gimme a break.. bet u dont even kno kimi's last name.. or his level(genin, chuunin, etc.) the guy popped out a bone and stopped lees attacked and was called jounin level.. pff

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Naruto VS Sasuke: The fight was even. While it's not sure who would have won, Naruto seemed to have the upper-hand. And if not so, the fight was still VERY even.

Naruto (WITH KYUUBI) got owned without landing a single hit on a Kimimaro (WITHOUT CURSE SEAL).
And you expect Sasuke to win VS Kimimaro?

Logic kiddies, logic. Abandon your fanboy ways and listen to it.

Dezalanel
Wed, 03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
You make yourself look more foolish everytime you post. I reccomend you stop for your and everyone else well being. That being said, Kimi is obviously Jounin level....he was the leader of the Sound 4(5). Plus your forgetting Naruto stands basicly on equal ground with Sasuke and he did jack shit against Kimi. Seals mean nothing...the both have em so it means nothing. Also Kimi could easily stop the chidori. He could easily just make a bone wall or something in front of him and stop it OR could just do what he did to lee and stop his hand with his bones.

greateachermin
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:00 PM
to jessper....
obviously sasuke have to fight with his sharingan... with or without lee can still kick his ass... because for sasuke bloodline limit and lee's ability is a bad combination...
lee does not use any jutsu so he cant copy any of it... even if sasuke see's lees moves, he cant keep up with his body...
i think this has been explained numerous times throughout the show

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Rock > Paper > Scissors = the logic of who wins in Naruto

Mut
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
The rock, paper, scissors theory doesn't apply to all cases, it's considered a weak theory to use it as a support for an argument or any type of discussion.

Jessper
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
to jessper....
obviously sasuke have to fight with his sharingan... with or without lee can still kick his ass... because for sasuke bloodline limit and lee's ability is a bad combination...
lee does not use any jutsu so he cant copy any of it... even if sasuke see's lees moves, he cant keep up with his body...
i think this has been explained numerous times throughout the show

To be fair, if sasuke used his sharingan he might be able to pull a quick victory through a devestating move involving lee's massive speed being used against him or something. I think since sasuke can keep up in speed AND has a good idea of what is comming sasuke would win as long as lee did not open too many gates and the fight did not last long enough for sasuke to wear out.

Yes it was explained that sasuke couldn't keep up with lee and that is why lee would always win HOWEVER that was mentioned before sasuke went and trained for massive speed. I think it would be an interesting but short lived fight.

well the way u are quoting sasuke.. u making him sound like a ... well maybe an academy student? so why dont u list kimi's talents, etc. lets see what he got since u kno him ONLY for like 3 episodes or so.. and u talking so much shit bout him.. jeez these ppl barely kno the guy and they love him already.. u dont even kno what can or cant do..thas why i called some of u n00bs.. that fall in love with a character that has just showed up and bring an all time favorite character down.. gimme a break.. bet u dont even kno kimi's last name.. or his level(genin, chuunin, etc.) the guy popped out a bone and stopped lees attacked and was called jounin level.. pff

Who cares that we don't know every detail about kimi? If you have to know every detail of two characters before you can get a good sense of how the outcome of a battle would be why do you even bother with this thread? Maybe you should crawl back to the manga section and stop bothering us here with your "holier than thou" attitude?

I never stated he was jounin level and really doubt he is so I agree with you there *shudder*

All in all I would say that kimi's character is shaping up to be a much more interesting one than a fair number of the other people we have seen before (chouji).

Jessper
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:47 PM
ARg, my bad

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
The rock, paper, scissors theory doesn't apply to all cases, it's considered a weak theory to use it as a support for an argument or any type of discussion.

No more and no less than any other form of logic. And we've seen many examples of it already in Naruto, where say Naruto can beat Gaara, who beat Lee, who is getting beat by CS Kimi, who beat Naruto (or couldn't be harmed by Naruto).. nothing is really firm, so all theories are virtually as weak as one another.

We have 6 pages of people spamming each other with opinions on who would win on Sasuke vs. Kimi, but since (a)- they've never fought, (b)- they never will, (c)- the circumstances could vary (illness, curse level, amount of knowledge/training aquired, etc) .. It's BS to just hate on the Rock>Paper>Scissors example, because it's pretty open-ended and doesn't specify anything other than ambiquity.

I can say that I believe that Kimi would defeat Sasuke under most circumstances, but it's a waste of time to try to convince anyone of it, because none of us are Kishimoto, hence nobody knows what he would have HIS characters do in the event that his plot brought them against one another.

Aeon
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper

Clearly everyone that disagrees with you is a fag, I mean with your startling intellect who could disagree?

By the way, that's all sasuke is, the #1 ROOKIE. Now lets examine your points.

1) sasuke's talent

He has so much "talent" he is getting shown up by naruto now, enough said?

2) #1 rookie

Naruto was also the worst of his class, my how times change.

3) Uchiha skills

You mean, all those skills... like sharingan and.... well that's all I can think of.

4) Sharingan

He hasn't fully developed it and also I doubt he can read kimi's bones moving

5) chidori

This has been stopped numerous times, why does kimi have no chance of doing so as well? I belive with the way sasuke goes about things he will have a hard time hitting a half decent ninja with this move.

6) ON LEVEL 2 POWER

pssssst, Kimimaro has a seal too, and you know what? I bet he can open a second level of it as well.

1. When has Naruto ever shown up Sasuke? Let's take a trip down memory lane.
First Mission-Naruto froze at the first sign of danger while Sasuke took the Demon Brothers head on.
Vs Haku-If it wasn't for Naruto fainting in the first place Sasuke would'nt have needed to cover for him leading to him being knocked out cause Naruto couldn't defend himself.
2nd Exam-Naruto got captured by one of the Lucky ninja's that in it self is sad. Sasuke preceded to own that same ninja.
Vs Oro-Yup Naruto was laid out first.
3rd Exam- Sasuke made short work of that chakra stealing guy while Naruto had a hard time vs another rookie.
Vs Gaara-If it wasn't for Sasuke doing the hard part of getting Gaara to transform so he didn't have his sand shield Naruto would'nt have stood a chance.

2.He may not be the worst in the class anymore but he still isn't past Sasuke.

3.You forgot the eye move of doom and the black fire as well as their natural abilities.

4.How many times do I have to post that not having a fully developed sharingan does not mean it won't do it's most basic function of slowing down the enemy. That's just like saying since Hinata isn't as developed as Neji she can't scout miles in advance or see 360degrees, oh that's rght she can.

5.It's only been stopped by people with a Sharingan and if you haven't noticed they can slow down and predict movement.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Naruto VS Sasuke: The fight was even. While it's not sure who would have won, Naruto seemed to have the upper-hand. And if not so, the fight was still VERY even.

Naruto (WITH KYUUBI) got owned without landing a single hit on a Kimimaro (WITHOUT CURSE SEAL).
And you expect Sasuke to win VS Kimimaro?

Logic kiddies, logic. Abandon your fanboy ways and listen to it.

Naruto didn't have the upper hand, he hit Sasuke like twice and then was forced to go and activate Resangen. And you're a bigger fanboy then I am of Neji i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Naruto seemed to have the upper-hand. And if not so, the fight was still VERY even.

I added this because I wasn't entirely sure myself and I'm aware that you can interpret it differently.

There's a difference between fanboy and fanboy. I like Kimimaro's looks and his behavior, but seriously, I don't give a rat's ass whether or not he loses or wins an imaginary fight.
I'm not foolish enough to be blinded by my love for a character. I'm only looking at the facts.
If you read my post again you'll notice there aren't any opinions involved. Just what we've seen actually happen.
Thus, what I say is more concrete than 95% of the contents of this thread.

Tohan
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
It's obvius, back then, if Naruto was fighting for his life or for his friends, he'd kick Sasuke's ass (Naruto vs Neji). Now, Sasuke has a another cheat (Seriously, Oro is the biggest hax ever), since he already has wallhack, lets call it aimbot. (Have to admire Fuzzybrows, Tenten and Sakura for being the only ones without cheats).

Anyway, what I was going to say: Naruto didn't do much to Neji either before they got really serious , so you can't measure that pretend fight that Naruto and Kimi had to anything. Kimi just poked Naruto. Where am I now, I've lost it. Well, point is, uh, I can't remember. What I wanted to come to was that Kimi would probably take down Sasuke, but I'd rather see a stalemate where they both die. Yeah *evil grin*

Bold

jing
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by: Tohan
It's obvius, back then, if Naruto was fighting for his life or for his friends, he'd kick Sasuke's ass (Naruto vs Neji). Now, Sasuke has a another cheat (Seriously, Oro is the biggest hax ever), since he already has wallhack, lets call it aimbot. (Have to admire Fuzzybrows and Sakura for being the only ones without cheats).

Anyway, what I was going to say: Naruto didn't do much to Neji either, so you can't measure that pretend fight that Naruto and Kimi had to anything. Kimi just poked Naruto. Where am I now, I've lost it. Well, point is, uh, I can't remember. What I wanted to come to was that Kimi would probably take down Sasuke, but I'd rather see a stalemate where they both die. Yeah *evil grin*

dont forget about tenten.

Mut
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT

No more and no less than any other form of logic. And we've seen many examples of it already in Naruto, where say Naruto can beat Gaara, who beat Lee, who is getting beat by CS Kimi, who beat Naruto (or couldn't be harmed by Naruto).. nothing is really firm, so all theories are virtually as weak as one another.

We have 6 pages of people spamming each other with opinions on who would win on Sasuke vs. Kimi, but since (a)- they've never fought, (b)- they never will, (c)- the circumstances could vary (illness, curse level, amount of knowledge/training aquired, etc) .. It's BS to just hate on the Rock>Paper>Scissors example, because it's pretty open-ended and doesn't specify anything other than ambiquity.

I can say that I believe that Kimi would defeat Sasuke under most circumstances, but it's a waste of time to try to convince anyone of it, because none of us are Kishimoto, hence nobody knows what he would have HIS characters do in the event that his plot brought them against one another.

Sasuke > Kakashi > Itachi.

Theory owned.

Like I said, it's stupid to use r, p, s theory in a discussion. It's so random and nothing but a weak support. It doesn't prove anything.

Jessper
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:24 PM
1. When has Naruto ever shown up Sasuke?

How about their fight on the rooftops? Sasuke looked like he had been outclassed after he saw the back of the water tower, maybe when naruto beat gaara after going demon and what not (was it just me or did sasuke seem like he was shown up afterwards, like when he talked to sakura? ) ? BTW for some reason I think that gambunta wouldn't have had to much trouble dealing with Gaara's sand shield

2.He may not be the worst in the class anymore but he still isn't past Sasuke.

Perhaps, but that would be personal opinion at this point right?

3.You forgot the eye move of doom and the black fire as well as their natural abilities.

That is part of the sharingan in my mind, which is part of my point that he hasn't fully developed his sharingan(you think he can use those moves? heh)

4.How many times do I have to post that not having a fully developed sharingan does not mean it won't do it's most basic function of slowing down the enemy. That's just like saying since Hinata isn't as developed as Neji she can't scout miles in advance or see 360degrees, oh that's rght she can.

Did I say he couldn't read movements? I said he hasn't fully developed it, DQing the moves we saw itachi use. Also I commented that he most likly could not see predict kimi's bones moving about which just leaves him seeing things slower which would help, but would it be enough?

5.It's only been stopped by people with a Sharingan and if you haven't noticed they can slow down and predict movement.

Gaara's real ultimate defense stopped it enough.... no?

Aeon
Wed, 03-09-2005, 10:15 PM
How about their fight on the rooftops? Sasuke looked like he had been outclassed after he saw the back of the water tower, maybe when naruto beat gaara after going demon and what not (was it just me or did sasuke seem like he was shown up afterwards, like when he talked to sakura? ) ? BTW for some reason I think that gambunta wouldn't have had to much trouble dealing with Gaara's sand shield

You're comparing moves that work in 2 different ways. Chidori is designed to be an assination technique(1 hit one kill) so of course it wasn't able to make a huge hole in the back. Naruto's on the other hand (I'm guessing on how it was used on Kabuto) travels through the body and comes from the back(Kabuto was able to heal his external wounds but not his interior).Gamabunta didn't even wanna fight Shukaku(sp), so what makes you think he's Gaara who was weaker?

Perhaps, but that would be personal opinion at this point right?
Yea you have me there.

That is part of the sharingan in my mind, which is part of my point that he hasn't fully developed his sharingan(you think he can use those moves? heh)
I never said he could use those moves, you asked what abilities I named some. Another he can already use is that Sharingan controlled shuriken move he used on Oro.

Did I say he couldn't read movements? I said he hasn't fully developed it, DQing the moves we saw itachi use. Also I commented that he most likly could not see predict kimi's bones moving about which just leaves him seeing things slower which would help, but would it be enough?
If Kimi wasn't able to hit Lee who was seeing things in real time I'd say it would help a lot. If someone around my height/age and speed can avoid being hit by a 90mph fast ball out of nowhere. Then I'm sure I would be able to avoid a 75mph that I knew was coming.

Gaara's real ultimate defense stopped it enough.... no?
Enough that he was spared death and only passed out from the pain. Had Sasuke hit Gaara in a vital spot and not the shoulder I believe Gaara would be dead.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 03-09-2005, 10:56 PM

Sasuke > Kakashi > Itachi.

Theory owned.

Like I said, it's stupid to use r, p, s theory in a discussion. It's so random and nothing but a weak support. It doesn't prove anything.

I never said it proved anything, but serves as a general guide to the rules of the naruto world, which BEGIN and END with the will of Kishimoto. And when did Sasuke ever defeat Kakashi? Anyways, it's not a rule, but you cannot say with absolute certainty, that because fighter A can defeat B, and fighter B can defeat C, that C cannot defeat fighter A. There are endless variables to deal with in terms of what is possible .. it's very ambiguous.

Thunder_Pants
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:44 AM
as to the whole shirengen has only be stoped by people that have a shrangen, well it's also only hit people that arn't moving that we've seen

Mut
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:50 AM
And when did Sasuke ever defeat Kakashi?
Fuck. I meant Itachi > Kakashi > Sasuke.

Still r, p, s theory is stupid.

Jessper
Thu, 03-10-2005, 02:11 AM

You're comparing moves that work in 2 different ways. Chidori is designed to be an assination technique(1 hit one kill) so of course it wasn't able to make a huge hole in the back. Naruto's on the other hand (I'm guessing on how it was used on Kabuto) travels through the body and comes from the back(Kabuto was able to heal his external wounds but not his interior).Gamabunta didn't even wanna fight Shukaku(sp), so what makes you think he's Gaara who was weaker?

I meant sasuke's prespective on it after seeing the huge hole in the back.

What about gambunta? I don't follow that sentance at all...

I never said he could use those moves, you asked what abilities I named some. Another he can already use is that Sharingan controlled shuriken move he used on Oro. ahh your right, I forgot about the shruiken move. I figured we were talking about a fight between them now, atm he can't use those.

If Kimi wasn't able to hit Lee who was seeing things in real time I'd say it would help a lot. If someone around my height/age and speed can avoid being hit by a 90mph fast ball out of nowhere. Then I'm sure I would be able to avoid a 75mph that I knew was coming.

Ya but lee's leg got caught right? That was after the first gate opened and everything so he did hit him when he was moving (what I assume to be) faster than sasuke can go.

Enough that he was spared death and only passed out from the pain. Had Sasuke hit Gaara in a vital spot and not the shoulder I believe Gaara would be dead.

I meant in the arena when the chidori pirced the sand ball(with spikes) and only cut gaara's cheek.

BWT with the whole RPS discussion, I think memonch means that the RPS theory works because with enough variables(not just rock, paper, and scissors) it shows that one person can defeat another just because they beat a guy that beat the person they want to defeat ?

Zwielicht
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Normally I perfer not to get caught up in these type of discussions but meh >.>

In my opinion Kimimaro would most likely beat Sasuke.

The way I see it Sasuke has potential to become better than Kimimaro but in his current state Kimimaro would smack him around.

My reasons being are;

1.They both possesses unique and powerful bloodlines which both help in taijutsu combat however Sasuke is not able to fully ultilize his bloodline while it was stated that Kimimaro has master his bloodline.

2.Yes Sasuke is of a powerful clan and the number 1 Genin Rookie for that year however Kimimaro is also a genis among his clan.

3.Both are taijutsu fighters and neither uses Genjutsu *from what I've seen*. While Sasuke uses Ninjutsu there is a drawback to this. Most of Sasuke's techs require massive amounts of chakra. Example being his Shanrigan and chidori. Also recall that Sasuke is only able to use the chidori correctly with Shanrigan while using his taijutsu speed. That alone would significantly drain his chakra.

4. In compairing bloodlines Sasuke's Shanrigan seems to use more chakra than Kimimaro's. Kimimaro is able to form and manipulate his bones at will without using any chakra it seems.

5. While Sasuke would most likely be able to dodge Kimimaro's attacks Kimimaro is most likely able to do the same. Since he is extremely agile and in the case that a blow would land on him a quick use of his bloodline would limit the damage if not prevent it at all. As in the case with Lee's use of lotus.

6.In terms of their cursed seals Kimimaro still has the advantage. They both possess equally powerful cursed seals that being Heaven and Earth. However Sasuke has little to no control over his cursed seal to the point where it is a danger to himself as stated by Sakon. While on the otherhand Kimimaro seems to have mastered his seal, just releasing and using what he needs. Noticed how he released only part of his seal to fight drunken Lee? Sasuke also just recieved his 2nd lvl cursed seal thus I seriously doubt he can fully master it right now. Remember the cursed seal is a double edge sword which enhances your abilities *and your form at lvl2* but at the cost of chakra.

7.Orochimaru first wanted Kimimaro but with Kimimaro's disease he was no longer the cream of the crop for containers.

8.Lastly what we've seen from Kimimaro is not his best imo. He is on his death bed moving at pure will. While taking on kyubi Naruto, Drunken Lee and now Garaa. To be able to face all of those talented fighters while near death puts him higher than Sasuke in my mind as well and to nearly kill them all too *except for Gaara since his fight with him just started*.

All in all Kimimaro has more experience not only with his bloodline but his cursed seal while Sasuke's bloodline rivals the Kaguya bloodline it uses too much chakra alone with chidori, Lee's taijutsu speed and his cursed seal.
Now if Sasuke could control his bloodline like Kimimaro and his cursed seal I think it would be impossible for us to accurately determine who would win. Also just remember this entire thread is mostly speculation and personal opinion.

Meh sorry for such a long post >.< and any typing errors >.>

P.S. <3 Kimimaro ^.^

Aeon
Thu, 03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I meant sasuke's prespective on it after seeing the huge hole in the back.
What about gambunta? I don't follow that sentance at all...

You can't exactly call Sasuke being pissed at the hole Naruto made being shown up. The only way one of them could show up the other in that situation would be if they both used Chidori to see who could make the biggest hole in the front or if they both used Rasengan so we could see who would make the bigger hole in the back. Part about Gamabunta was to you saying he would'nt have any problem against Gaara's defense. What I meant to write was Gamabunta didn't even wanna bother fighting Shakaku(sp) when he was summoned so what makes you think that he would fight regular Gaara?

Ya but lee's leg got caught right? That was after the first gate opened and everything so he did hit him when he was moving (what I assume to be) faster than sasuke can go.

That was with the help of the cursed seal, with out it he wasn't able to touch him. Dunno if you seen the latest ep but Gaara just said before Lee was faster and his moves had more edge. That to me means he's moving at a slower speed then Sasuke since Gai said that's Lee's speed during the final exam not that's close to/near/almost Lee's speed.

I meant in the arena when the chidori pirced the sand ball(with spikes) and only cut gaara's cheek.

It wasn't his cheek but his shoulder, here's the pic (http://www.animegalleries.net/album/787/img/157). That proves that Chidori was not only strong enough to go through Gaara's real ultimate defense but also his armor of sand at the same time.

Jurojin
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Hmmm.....

Sasuke doesn't have much to go with, imo- Pro-Sasuke people keep going on about "Sharingan" this and "Sharingan" that, when Sharingan (at Sasuke's current stage) is only a move that analyzes the opponent. That, and it's reportedly more or less useless on Taijitsu, as shown in the episode where Lee and Sasuke first spar for a moment- If the eyes can't keep up with the motion at all, they're useless.

Kimi can handle linear attacks really well, which he points out when he's able to block Lee's attacks, pre-sake. Chidori = linear motion. Kimi > linear motion. tf, Kimi > Chidori.

*edit*

Really, what would happen, is in the time for Sasuke and Kimi to go through flashbacks and speechs, Rock Lee would have had time to fully recover and train for a month, come back to the field, surpass himself and open the 6th gate, and plaster Kimi & Sasuke in one powerful combo. And then go after Gaara for good measure. XD

Assertn
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:14 PM
after all these episodes......i still feel like i dont know sasuke. We see his fighting, we see his jutsus....but we're always caught off-guard about what he's capable of. I can never accurately gauge how he'll perform against another person, because he either succeeds in pulling off some crazy new stunt, or tries a move we're familiar with, fails, and is beaten instantly.

Jessper
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry, my mistake, it ws indeed his shoulder. However the assassination technique did not kill it's target, this would say to me that it failed. Even more so when all it did was get gaara mad and have him go demon and what not.

I know lee was injured and not moving as fast as normal HOWEVER he also opened the first gate, we don't know how much of an boost this gives him.

I may not remember completly all of gambunta's fight but I thought it was because gambunta was a little scared of him?

potentialflip
Thu, 03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
got to go with Kimimaro on dis one. everyone is saying heck if Lee could touch him it would be that more simple for Sasuke. Actually you have to remember that Lee was drunk and Kimimaro didn't take things seriously until he got pissed off and Lee never landed a punch kick even with his renge lotus. Knowing how far Kimi could go I would say he wins. Sasuke probably has a chance but he doesn't even use his chidori correctly of course da onlee wai ull kno dat is if u read the manga. den we go to his sharingan he could possibly project the path and this and that but dose dances kimi does seem pretti fast. even Sasuke's sharingan can't keep up with dat speed at dis point. Sasuke get owned hands down.

Jessper
Thu, 03-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow, I can't make out half the stuff you "wrote" potential. What's the point of spelling a word completely different with only 1 or 2 less letters? On top of the negligible gains some of the words are difficult to understand in this poor phonetic style of writing.

potentialflip
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh I just wanted to get my point out as fast as possible. You do not have to read the whole thing and make sense of it if you do not want to. I am pretty sure you were able to make out what my position is on this topic. If you cannot. I will gladly repeat myself and write Kimimaro wins against Sasuke in a fight. There I am sure you are able to understand that now.

Next time I will write it like this:
got to go with Kimimaro on this one. everyone is saying heck if Lee could touch him it would be that more simple for Sasuke. Actually you have to remember that Lee was drunk and Kimimaro didn't take things seriously until he got pissed off and Lee never landed a punch kick even with his renge lotus. Knowing how far Kimi could go I would say he wins. Sasuke probably has a chance but he doesn't even use his chidori correctly of course the only way you'll know that is if you read the manga. then we go to his sharingan he could possibly project the path and this and that but those techniques kimi does seem pretty fast. even Sasuke's sharingan can't keep up with that speed at this point. Sasuke gets owned hands down.

AntiSoul
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Heh for some reason I've never actually thought of pairing up these 2 in a match for some odd reason...But all in all with what everyone's saying, I think as of the CURRENT moment, without giving anything away or anything, I think Kimi would come out on top for tons of reasons plus all the ones people have listed, because sasuke isn't developed enough yet, he has way more room to grow. BUT, extrapolating to a later time, let's say when sasuke is developed, like Itachi is (who, as strong as he is, is still like what...16?17?), then Sasuke might be the one who come out on top. A very perspective-driven argument hah (on a side note, since I'm Pro-Itachi, I'd probably go with sasuke in a later scenario hah =D).

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:52 PM
i voted sasuke only because i like him slightly better but i seriously have no clue who wud win if these two did clash. We nevr saw wat kimi cud do in stage 2 but we nevr saw wat sasuke cud do in stage 2. wat assertn said about sasuke always surprising us, i'm not really sure he did... up to now i remember the only thing that really surprised me was pretty much in beginning during the genin exam when sasuke cud alrdy use fire attacks. but his sharringan was expected and so was chidori because he went with kakashi (mayb this wuz jus me) i forget how many dances kimi said he had butif u think about it he'd probably use them in order from weakest -- strongest so his final dance would probably be the final move to go against sasuke's chidori again but with sasuke in stage 2? i'm not sure if sasuke got any other abilities through the whole procedure of him becoming stage 2 and all but i'm pretty sure he wudnt know of it.