PDA

View Full Version : What Fansub of Bleach Do You Prefer?

Black ops
Mon, 03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Out of the 3 Bleach Fansub groups who do you prefer? There is a choice of Lunar, Anime-Keep, and Chihiro. I started with the Lunars and I moved to Anime-Keep. I download Chihiro for speedsubs so I can just see the episode. I prefer Anime-Keep overall but they really need to catch up. I prefer their quality and translations over Lunar. Lunar is great because they keep up with the current episodes. Anime-Keep is on episode 13-14 as their latest double release. I really want to them to catch up. Anyways good job to the fansubbers for their time and effort. Keep up the good work.

Roko
Mon, 03-07-2005, 08:32 PM
I prefer Lunar, since chihiro is speedsub and anime-keep is just too slow

kAi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Lunar for me, I don't bother with the others.

kooshi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
You are forgetting about TW. But then again, they are even more slow than anime-keep. Chihiro is a speedsub, so quality and/or translations won't be that well. The only one that is just right in the middle is Lunar, which is my choice.

Assertn
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:55 PM
deciding between akeep, lunar, and TW is the same as deciding between "soul reaver", "death god", and "shinigami"

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I prefer Death God so Lunar gets my vote.

phlos
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:04 AM
I'd also have to go with lunar.

Eurasian
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:38 AM
I'll go with Lunar. It's not like Lunar is that slow compare to Chihiro.

nests
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Lunar baby i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:13 AM
right now im downloading lunar for current releases then replace them with TW-Naisho

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:52 AM
same as bud, TW is releasing the best version too bad they're so damn slow

basey44
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
ugh all of mine are lunar apart from the first 6 which are ANBU-Akeep, i dun know if i can be bothered getting all the TW's now

TwisT
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:00 PM
of course it's Lunar..

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 03-08-2005, 02:21 PM
i perfer lunar and soul slayer

Black ops
Tue, 03-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Whats so good about TW? Is it better quality than A-Keep or something? I'll download some to see I should replace Lunar with A-Keep or TW. Which do you guys think I should replace Lunar with?

kooshi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:07 PM
TW. The video quality is the best out of the 4 groups subbing Bleach, as well as the translations.

Black ops
Tue, 03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Ah thank you. I'll go download them now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LaZie
Tue, 03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
TW gets my vote but the only bad thing is that they r way behind.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 09:59 PM
currently i prefer chichiro, Im an impacient guy, and at best this is simply a tv show i like, the minor differences in the quality of translation, if any, dont bug me I still know whats going on.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Lunar. The only problem I have is so far in the intro song when they get to the G~O~D~WHY? part. I mean it was G~O~O~D~Y for like 10 episodes then it went G~O~~D WHY? and now it was G~O~O~D~BYE in 21.

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:30 AM
they're indecisive......

the thing that annoys me the most is the way they display subtitles in chunks while the person is talking instead of all at once.......SO DISTRACTING
A-Keep's my favorite

Black ops
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Which fansub displays subtitles in chunks?

Edit: Lunar's been very inconsistent with the song lyrics as you said with the G-O- thing. They need to make up their mind.

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:46 AM
i was referring to lunar both in the "indecisive" and in the "subtitle chunks"

badass
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
Lunar. The only problem I have is so far in the intro song when they get to the G~O~D~WHY? part. I mean it was G~O~O~D~Y for like 10 episodes then it went G~O~~D WHY? and now it was G~O~O~D~BYE in 21.

The first three were just different guesses, and the last change comes from the official lyrics. I don't really care about that though. The way Lunar does their timing, like Assertn said, can get annoying and distracts from the show. Also, they try way too hard to make the subs sound "cool." An example would be how they put in crap like "o'" rather than just using "of". I wouldn't mind if it only happened every once in a while, but they overdo it. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate them doing it for free and all, but I just think there are better groups working on it. TW-Naisho has the highest quality version, followed by Anime-Keep, then Lunar, and Chihiro is the worst. The only problem is that as far as speed is concerned, it goes in the opposite order.

TeknoXI
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I download whatever comes out first, but I only keep AKeep's releases. I like theirs the best. Now that GSD has been licensed, I'm sure they'll have more time to catch up on Bleach.

snowball
Wed, 03-09-2005, 09:39 AM
lunar but i watch the chihiro first

HaZMaTiK
Wed, 03-09-2005, 10:06 AM
i like lunar as i can easily put them on dvd and thier subs do not get cutoff somewhat

Black ops
Wed, 03-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I really don't like TW's font that much. I much rather prefer A-Keep's. But TW's quality is somewhat better than A-Keep's so bleh.

obake
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:07 AM
A-Keep, all the way. Haven't seen Chihiro yet, but Lunar's episodes are just unwatchable, IMHO. TW is very good as well.

Black ops
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Obake why would you say Lunar episodes are unwatchable? Just wondering. TW and A-Keep need to catch up. A-Keep does a crap load of projects though so bleh.

Munsu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 01:10 AM
i don't know why he says it, but I've always thought that Lunar was crap and i think they are still crap with Bleach...

now would i label them unwatchable? no... i watch them....

for reasons, i have a problem with their translation choices, specifically thier editing... aside from that their timing method sucks ass, i don't know why they keep doing it... it is simply horrible...

Tidus_Yuna
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Lunar gets me vote all the time

obake
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by: Black ops
Obake why would you say Lunar episodes are unwatchable? Just wondering. TW and A-Keep need to catch up. A-Keep does a crap load of projects though so bleh.

It's more an aesthetics thing than anything. The format of the subs and the usage of "death god" is just distracting to the point of me not wanting to watch the episode. I remember some of the translations being off (although I could be wrong), and the presentation is just bad. That said, I know that it takes a lot of work to subtitle a show, so I don't want to come off as some unappreciative prick.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Bleach 15 is out by AKeep. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Tsukasa
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:49 PM
TW has always been a favorite of mine but they never fisnih any series it seems.. One thing I hate about Lunar is they use very bad grammer like ain't and other redneck like sayings..I know for a fact japanese really don't have those type of words..

kooshi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Lunar tries to make the speech in anime more..... informal, which is how many people these days are starting to talk like. Still, I agree that it can be extremely annoying at many times during the episodes.

Black ops
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:13 AM
I much rather prefer A-Keep translations. Like kooshi said about Lunar making translations using informal and slang like aint and other things. I believe that it takes alot of work but I really don't like the translations for them.

Y
Sat, 03-12-2005, 02:17 AM
I have no problems with Lunar's translations at all. I like the fact that they have personality and style in their work. I'm glad I'm nto as anal as the guy above, who was mad at Lunar for using the literal English translation for a Japanese word. Oh, gee, how distracting - words in my native language instead of romanji! i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Black ops
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Who would this be? Me or kooshi?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:06 PM
while it wasn't me who said that, i also vote for shinigami over death god (or god of death) anyday...
soul repear\grim reaper comes in 2nd.

death god and god of death create a feeling of a singular being who's in charge of death, which doesn't portray the essence of thier jobs...
angel of death would be acceptable, but it sounds too bombstic, it's like how fox kids changed Amidamaru harusame (spring rain) to sword of light in Shaman king, completly inappriopiate and doesn't convey the feeling well.

and Y, would you want Sasuke's sharingan to be called 'copy eye ball' or Sasuke to be called 'Genius clan Sasuke'?
and if we're at it, lets call Kakashi 'scarecrow', Naruto will now be 'spriail whirpool' and Shikamaru is now 'deerson'.

sure, i've been going overboard with the changing of their names, but jutsu changing won't be anybetter, could sasuke's 'lightning cutter' beat whirpools 'spinning sphare'?
and what about the hokage, should he be called 'shadowflame'? it sure is a cool name, if you're 12.

Black ops
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Whoa. Um nice examples of how Japanese words get translated really crappy into English. For the Naruto examples is that really going to happen? The translations for that I mean.

Assertn
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM
stuff that is said at least 10 times in EVERY episode doesnt need to be translated to english......
to keep things as "shinigami" and "zankpatoh" is perfectly fine with me.....however im not a big fan of TW's overall translation quality of bleach.....it just feels unnatural at times

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Chichiro is almost as good as Lunar who i watched before Chichior got faster than them so i watch Chichiro versions.

Anime Keep is the slowest of all groups so if there are other groups doing animes they are working on then i choose the other groups.

Assertn
Thu, 03-17-2005, 02:31 PM
first of all.....big difference between chichiro and lunar......chichiro's encodings are terrible
second of all.....wrong about akeep being slowest of all groups....TW's is

Tsukasa
Thu, 03-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I have no problems with Lunar's translations at all. I like the fact that they have personality and style in their work. I'm glad I'm nto as anal as the guy above, who was mad at Lunar for using the literal English translation for a Japanese word. Oh, gee, how distracting - words in my native language instead of romanji!

I'm not mad just think its going a little too far into the americanized area. What makes anime so great to me that it is totally different and I don't think you need ain't, gonna and stuff like that in the subs. Thats just my opinion..

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Lunar.

basey44
Thu, 03-17-2005, 07:50 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i wish Aone hadve picked it up, then we wouldnt be having this argument

Black ops
Thu, 03-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
i wish Aone hadve picked it up, then we wouldnt be having this argument

Proabably. If they do pick it up now they probably can catch up with A-keep pretty quickly. I love AONE's encoding. Sound sync is pretty good. Translations are well done. Gotta love it.

Y
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
HURR

HURRR

I guess you get pissed off when people say "Leaf village" instead of Konohakagure.

Oh, and that every one of Naruto's sentences in the subtitles doesn't say "dattebayo" in English letters at the end.

Assertn
Fri, 03-18-2005, 03:06 AM
indeed.....

some people take things a bit too far
the naruto storyline wouldnt be any different for me if its always called "leaf village" as opposed to always being called "konoha village"
as long as the overall sense of the story remains intact, then who cares?

The important thing isnt "how direct with translations can you get"
its "how well can you translate the context of whats being presented"

soul reaver may not be as literal as death god, but soul reaver fits the context for us just as well as death god would fit the context to people in japan

Roko
Fri, 03-18-2005, 03:13 AM
it really don't matter with those small things...what matters is grammar you can understand and a group who doesn't take a long time for releases

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
first of all.....big difference between chichiro and lunar......chichiro's encodings are terrible
second of all.....wrong about akeep being slowest of all groups....TW's is

Well i can only see little diffrence beteween Chichiro and Lunar cause Lunar isnt so good from the start.....

I havent watch an anime subbed TW yet so i wouldnt know.

Originally posted by: Roko
it really don't matter with those small things...what matters is grammar you can understand and a group who doesn't take a long time for releases

Exactly i dont care anything else than that. I like speedsubbers if they dont suck too much.

Hippophobia
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:48 AM
I started getting it from anbu.. But ever since ANBU stopped Naruto, they seem to have .. Died? So i switched to Anime Keep. but they dont produce fast enough, so i switched to Lunar, because it was the first other group i saw.. but i prefer Anime Keep..

Black ops
Wed, 03-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Bleach 16-17 released.

woofcat
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Who ever has it. Its free so i can not complain about quality nore Subs. Since i do not live in Japan or speak it. My policy, "Never complain about free things, Thats my way of the ninja" I should stop watching Naruto Bleach is now better.

Psyke
Sat, 04-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I usually wait for Akeep as their's is better in my opinion. But I got so impatient waiting for them I've started to buy the manga instead. Got volumes 1 and 2 today, and I'm have difficulty reading it, probably because I'm too used to the anime and find the manga a little well, bland. : )

Zhan
Sat, 04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
i just wait for TW or anime-keep, I've read the manga anyway so I can wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Keep sucks and everything they've done has recently, they're really slow on everything and still manage to do a job no better than a group that takes a few days to make a release.

Chihiro is a speedsub but fine considering its out in a matter of hours.

You can tell which one I prefer. Though they did make one or two translational errors I'm not particularly pleased with, and in many ways is a bit of a spoiler, Lunar gets the job done fast and with a good amount of quality.

At least Lunar doesn't screw up the whole plot of a series with a translation. I'm refering of course to Keep's Grenadier and "Enlightened" for 'senshi'. The ones in Bleach aren't as glaringly bad, but still not particularly close to the actual meaning.

grayfox
Tue, 04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
i hope shinsen_sub could sub it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
anyhow Lunar are the best among the rest! i dun really care how good or how bad about the translation!as long as i can understand the whole story , wat more u expect from a fansubbing site??
Give them a break man! you not doing the Job they did! just apreciate it please!atleast i really apreciate and respect these guys!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

jsp
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Lunar. It's pretty fast (slightly after chihiro) though i nv really keep track (i might be wrong). but used to his terms and all already. so it's nicer to watch.

Itachi_y2k5
Fri, 04-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Lunar is the best

SK
Fri, 05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
wow a keep's torrents suck ass. im downloading and it will go dead and not many seeds either. i downloaded the lunar in an hour and a half, so ill stick with lunar for now on.

Swee
Sat, 05-14-2005, 11:45 PM
prefer Lunar.. i lk da text.. =D

Amy-sama
Fri, 05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I would have to say Lunar
Chihiro is fast, yes, but translation errors and etc.
Most of the time I can't wait for the other groups

Alhuin
Sat, 05-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I keep both Lunar's and A-Keep's.

Lunar is good for speed and quality... but the "language" does get pretty old. But I like the use of "Death God" better than "Soul Reaper". I keep Akeep's cause it seems their quality is a bit better... and better "language" used in the sub. Guess the only thing that can speed my decision is if one of them drops it.

Keen1_Te
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:17 AM
I believe Toriyama's World (http://www.toriyamaworld.com/) definitely has the best subs to honor your harddrive space with(considering both video/sound quality and translations) , though their pace is (as mentioned) terrible. Lunar (http://www.lunaranime.org) rocks when it comes to releasing fast subs with an ok - quality. That is, I'm watching Lunar i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Tried chihiro (?) once, it's probably just me, but their quality was just too poor .. Well well .. A-keep is great though, but personally I dislike their blue letters/typewriting. If you're new to Bleach (like I was when I first read this thread) you should d/w both lunar and chihiro and go with the later if you can stand their quality, otherwise lunar should be good enough, with TW/A-keep for archieve-options. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif That was just my two cents. i/expressions/musicnote.gif

ChaosK
Thu, 06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
like lunar because i started with it and adapted to watch only lunar, when i was watching other, didnt like it.

Tiger of The wind
Sun, 06-05-2005, 06:58 PM
i download bleach from akeep cause i like thier translation better but i never can wait till the next episode so i go over to lunar to download the next episode watch it then delete it

Board of Command
Sun, 06-05-2005, 09:47 PM
I started with A-Keep, but when they split with ANBU they halted it for a very long time. During that time I switched to Lunar and it was pretty good. I've stuck with Lunar since because it looks like A-Keep will never catch up.

DDBen
Mon, 06-06-2005, 08:34 AM
I personally download lunar and for all of you wasting your time with TW do realise that with Naruto they never made it past episode 48. So no matter how much better the quality is note that they have NEVER finished a anime that they sub atleast not that I'm aware of.

elmojo
Mon, 06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
maybe because... they got bored of all the filler episodes in naruto? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

lunar = amazing

fazco85
Thu, 06-09-2005, 06:54 AM
SIGH...

I PREFER ANIME KEEP.. BECAUSE ITS TYPESETTING & TRANSLATION IS BETTER...

BUT LUANR IS HELLISHLY FAST....

WHY ANIME KEEP IS SLOWW??

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 06-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by: DDBen
I personally download lunar and for all of you wasting your time with TW do realise that with Naruto they never made it past episode 48. So no matter how much better the quality is note that they have NEVER finished a anime that they sub atleast not that I'm aware of.

that's true but i like to keep the best subs for storage so i'm already prepared for when they quit because i'm also downloading a-keep eps so that when TW suddenly stops i can just continue downloading a-keep, and i think Naruto is the only anime they ever subbed and they got to ep 53 by the way...anyway personally i dislike lunar i only download their version because they are up to date and to be sure i have atleast one subbed version of every ep

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
What is the TW fansub group spelled out? everybody seems to like their quality best but they're one of those slow ones arent they...

GLS
Sun, 06-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
What is the TW fansub group spelled out? everybody seems to like their quality best but they're one of those slow ones arent they...
Toriyama's World (http://www.toriyamaworld.com/)

As for Fansubs, I do keep the Lunar subs. I also like the Bleach-Society subs. If they can improve on video quality, I'd keep their version.

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 04:33 PM
so TW ISNT the best one in terms of quality?

Y
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Toriyama's World is the best fansub group ever, far and away.

ChaosK
Sun, 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM
well that clarified everything for me.

kimbap629
Mon, 06-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Just be patient and get AKeep's releases. They are slow, but they have the highest quality.

Roko
Mon, 06-13-2005, 06:55 PM
erm...no. TW is the best of all fansubs, no competition. Only bad thing is speed.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-14-2005, 04:33 PM
i'm getting mixed ideas again, i'm just going to say TW is the best.

Roko
Tue, 06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
okay, basically, to most people, TW leads in everything from quality to translations. The only thing they don't lead in is the speed at which they release. So yes, overall, TW, to most people, is the best fansub out there.

kpxiceboi
Tue, 06-14-2005, 10:31 PM
i just recently started watching bleach. I read all the mangas instead of watching it. But i only watched Lunar's subs, so i dont know how good other's are.

kimbap629
Fri, 06-17-2005, 05:16 AM
i watch akeep's releases. sure theyre quite a lot behind (about 10 weeks worth of releeases), but i like their quality. it's a little bit better than lunar's releases. also, i like their translations and typesetting...

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Honestly I prefer speed to quality, but Lunar is fast enough for me. Chihiro is the fastest, but I can wait a day or so for Lunar's version.... TW on the other hand... come on, I gotta get my fix and that group is just way too slow

Sidnne
Tue, 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I've only read the manga up until recently. I just downloaded the first episode of the anime from Lunar 2 days ago and I didn't like it. I didn't have a problem with the quality or the overall translation though. What I didn't like was "Death God". I wish they would have just kept it as Shinigami.

I know some people don't have a problem with everything being translated into english, but I do. Names are not supposed to be translated, a name is a name, it is supposed to stay the way it is. If your real name translated into "Small Penis" in Japanese, you probably wouldn't like being called Small Penis, would you?

Translate the conversations, but leave the Names alone. A small footnote informing us of the literal translation does just fine to alleviate ignorance.

ChaosK
Tue, 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
but its too late for them to change in the middle considering i'm willing to bet some people are used to seeing "death god" and "soul slayer"

ChibiYali
Wed, 06-22-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree on the lunar use of slang.

I'm not too much of a fan of american english as it is, and I prefer the more classy englishlike explanation, to me it gives a bit more of the entire atmosphere... The ain'ts and o's and all that are kinda ruining the atmosphere, but yeah, as said before.. you get used to it after a while...

I'd love for AonE to do it, but yeah, guess they've been really busy lately, seeing as naruto isn't coming out either... Guess we'll just have to hope and wait i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I really really like their subs...

anyway, I use lunar for bleach, but not too big a fan of it...
it's still a cool anime though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Roko
Fri, 06-24-2005, 01:02 AM
but you have to admit, sometimes the slang adds to the quality and personalities of the characters (I'm thinking Gin of course). although it does get a little annoying to read, i'm fine with it if it fits the character's personality.

Splash!
Wed, 06-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey i just started watching bleach and i wud like to know when the lunar fansubs come out.

ChaosK
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
between tuesday and wednsday normally, bleach society is quicker but i prefer lunar.

Xrlderek
Wed, 06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I started watching Bleach a week ago. I like Anime keep. I watched their episodes for the first 25 ones, but I've switched to Lunar because of two things.. 1. Comes out faster.. 2. Often more seeds. Atleast for the first episodes. On lunars episodes I atleast reach 70 kb/s. But I like soul reaper much better than death god. It also took a few episodes to get used to the "cool" talk. And I liked that AKeep kept Zanpakutoh(or how it was spelled) instead of Lunars translation into soul slayer.

Naroku
Tue, 07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
i use Lunar, but that's only because it's the first group i ever found for Bleach

Enderz
Wed, 07-27-2005, 04:47 AM
I always download from lunar

Hikyuu
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I download from lunar because The quality is pretty good and the time it takes for production is very short.. basically what everyone else said..

outkast7053
Wed, 07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I always download from Lunar

oyabun
Wed, 07-27-2005, 09:00 PM
i prefer bleach society, its fast and there translation is not bad, isshin... dunno, i downloaded it to try, and in some conversation they have no translation of what they saying,, its kindda wierd.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-28-2005, 02:55 AM
Lunar

I always get bothered when a subber ends up leaving half the words in Japanese claiming to be keeping it in the spirit of the show or whatever that crap is. It's just pretentiousness is what it is. I can understand leaving characters proper names in Japanese, but beyond that, its just fanboyism.

I also like the subtitle-in-chunks and the slang talking as well, because, it gives you a much better idea of the "flow" of whats being said.

You think in japan they don't have people that speak in shorthand? Well your an idiot, thats like if everyone in America spoke like an english proffessor. And since I can't pick it up with my ears, its nice that the translators shows me when a characters speaks in a laid-back fashion.

And the subtitles-in-chunks gives you a better sense timing. Shows you when the actually pauses are in whats being said.

potentialflip
Thu, 08-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I prefer Bleach Society's. Leaving stuff like Shinigami instead of Death God or Zankpaktou instead of Soul Slayer could confuse people. Unless you read a manga that puts in Death God. It is like saying Journemen instead of Chuunin or Jounin. Or Head Ninja instead of Hokage. I like titles to be kept the same. The only thing I like about Lunar is their way of Subtitling it. Or as some have come to call it Slang. Don't like the chunks cause it is like here don't look at the action read me!!!!

Paithan
Fri, 08-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I usually download Bleach-Societies subs since they are the fastest. I'm a Bleach junkie!

Strider
Thu, 08-18-2005, 09:19 PM
I prefer A-Keep's quality and translations over Lunar's. However, since the early 20's, I've been downloading Lunar's subs, considering A-Keep's hiatus from the series at that point.

Being born and bred in the Bronx, you'd think I'd appreciate the slang usage; I cannot stand it in the translations. Like someone mentioned earlier, it may be some sort of air of superiority or pretentiousness, but talk in damn proper English. Even if that's the way Gin or Renji talks, lie to me and properly present it. I've yet to see "Cuz" in any dictionary, regardless of language, so why show it as such in the episode? Plus, I think they [Lunar] have been inconsistent with the slang. One minute it's "cuz" another it's "cause." I could deal with the latter, as it's almost common slang usage and actually derives from somewhere. The former just reminds me of AOL, with "ur" (your/you're), etc.

Enough of the bickering, since I'm still watching Lunar's subs. I need my fix, what can I say? I will have to check out TW, though, for archiving purposes, since a number of people are recommending them.

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Speed is what I go for. Accurate translations and thorough notes and explaining references to Japanese cultur and plays-on-words are needed, but I feel Bleach-Society does all of this pretty damn well.

I like Lunar and watched their episodes until about 30. But once I caught up to being on a weekly basis I had to go to Bleach-Society. I hate waiting. And on East Coast sometimes the difference in release times between Lunar and Society are enough for me not to get the episode until a full day, A FULL DAY LATER!!! I can't wait THAT long for better translation. And as far as quality, I don't see any glaring flaws in Society's episodes, so I go with that.

Jadugar
Fri, 08-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I started out with Lunar becuase i am so impatient. But recently they are getting lazy and Hell-fansub have beaten them in speed-subbing. So I started downloading Hell-fansub version but I cant stand them but for the love of Bleach I bear it. When the Lunar version comes out I download them as well. That's the version I am keeping for my archive and the reason why, I think someone has already explained them better than I could have. Here they are

Posted by DarthEnder

I also like the subtitle-in-chunks and the slang talking as well, because, it gives you a much better idea of the "flow" of whats being said.

You think in japan they don't have people that speak in shorthand? Well your an idiot, thats like if everyone in America spoke like an english proffessor. And since I can't pick it up with my ears, its nice that the translators shows me when a characters speaks in a laid-back fashion

And the subtitles-in-chunks gives you a better sense timing. Shows you when the actually pauses are in whats being said.

aznroyale
Thu, 08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Lunar got a bit slower but im still going with them

XanBcoo
Thu, 08-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Lunar's subtitle-in-chunks was really odd at first, but I've come to like it.
I also agree that the slang makes them seem more realistic when they talk. 'Cause that's probably how ichigo really sounds. Same with the rest. When it comes to translation, a lot of it is just getting the same effect across (or is it affect...whatever).

I prefer them for the same reasons as everyone else. I also like their font, lol.

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
I've stuck with AnimeKeep ever since they started. Even though they're really far behind now, if you check the boards @ akeep they say that the translator for bleach is back. so then i guess this mean we'll be seeing alot of releases from them...

i prefer quality and looks over speed subs...that's why i've stuck with akeep and i will stay with akeep with bleach (anime)...

Y
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:22 PM
So why aren't you only getting Toriyama's World subs?

The quality difference between A-Keep and Lunar is only substantial in the area of Lunar's syntax quirks. Unless you know Japanese or get pissed when a sub is timed .2 seconds off, you aren't getting much out of waiting for A-Keep.

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
I agree with Y... I don't consider Keep to be that good of a quality to warrant the long wait for Bleach episodes... I download Lunar and then replace them with Naisho-TW's version...

XanBcoo
Sun, 08-28-2005, 05:24 AM
I just watched a few of AKeep's episodes and compared them to Lunar.

I think AKeep handles comedy a lot better. A lot of the funny moments come off funnier in their sub just by how they translate it.

Whatever, I'll still download Lunar weekly.

kenren
Sat, 09-10-2005, 10:05 AM
for now...
i prefer bleach-s , fast and good translation.

sinces lunar is getting slower..

Jadugar
Sat, 09-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by: kenren
for now...
i prefer bleach-s , fast and good translation.

sinces lunar is getting slower..

fast = Hell fansub
good = Lunar

dark maginn
Sat, 09-10-2005, 01:14 PM
ya hell fansub is fast but i dont like hell i go with bleach-society or lunar

Keno
Tue, 09-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Im seriously thinking of moving to Bakakozou (new group fansubbing Bleach). I've been a Lunar fan, but as soon as an Anime-Keep version is out, I d/l theirs and remove my Lunar to burn DVDs in batches of 25.

Bakakozou seems pretty good. Nice colors, nice frame rate and they keep most Japanese terms. I dont know if they are accurate in translations, so if anyone can fill me in on that I would appreciate it.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm in the same boat. I like the subs Keep releases, but I download Bleach Society untill Keep catches up.

Jaredster
Tue, 09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Lunar is the best in my opinion. They are slow sometimes though.

aznroyale
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
nah Lunar got slower for some reason -_-

dark maginn
Tue, 09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
lol ya lunar is slow dont know why

ChaosK
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:03 PM
what do you gusy think about Bakakouzou? i didnt download their sub yet but i'm wondering if its better than lunar.

kooshi
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Who knows? School started again, and maybe for some strange reason, they're already swamped. Me, it's only the 2nd week, yet I'm feeling quite tired these days from assignments and lectures and tutorials and such. It is kinda odd since they were very fast last year when they started Bleach (hell, they were always the first one to release a new episode of Bleach within a day or two).

Jadugar
Wed, 09-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
what do you gusy think about Bakakouzou? i didnt download their sub yet but i'm wondering if its better than lunar.

Lunar is better.

aznroyale
Wed, 09-14-2005, 05:29 PM
im in opinion Lunar is one of the best subbers

RedX1z
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
lunar has my vote.

Munsu
Sat, 08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Some new group started subbing Bleach the other day, they recently released episode 90... They are called Triumph. For archiving purposes, how does Triumph compare with the others that are still doing Bleach? I don't care for speed, I care for translations, timing, editing, and encoding.

Darth Arrow
Sat, 08-19-2006, 02:21 AM
I didn't watch the whole episode yet, but it seems their quality is quite a bit better than Dattebayos (at least on this episode). Their font is ok, nothing special, clear but a bit boring, like DB's. I don't know Japanese so I can't really comment on translation accuracy, but they don't use honorifics, at least not on this ep. They translate "shinigami" as "soul reaper" like the offical English manga does. The opening karaoke is too plain, but I personaly thing the ending is better than DB's. They don't sub the "shinigami illustrated guide" -thing though.

So well, this was just their first try in subbing, so I would guess we should wait and see if they are up to it, do they really keep up and how can they improve. The sub has potential, but it's still a bit... unfinished.

Munsu
Sat, 08-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Think I'll keep DB's for now. Thanks.

Mizuchi
Sun, 08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
i use dattebayo

creation
Mon, 08-21-2006, 08:37 PM
can't go wrong with DB

Munsu
Mon, 08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
can't go wrong with DB
Yes you can, and very much so... but it has been tirelessly discused already.