PDA

View Full Version : sports

Turkish-S
Sat, 03-05-2005, 04:43 PM
i have a question.
all of u watch movie's play games and watch animes but doesn't one of u ever do sport.
lol i don't, but i like 2 watch soccer.
so my question is what is your favorite sport??

Itachi_y2k5
Sat, 03-05-2005, 04:59 PM
PE at school lol

i used to play hockey

favorites prolly bball, hockey & Football

jing
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:15 PM
hockey and basketball
i only enjoy watching hockey.

Knives122
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:30 PM
sports I like/play: Basketball, football, golf(do not play)

sports i hate/dont play: soccer, hockey, all college sports

Deblas
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:35 PM
I play soccer and practice martial arts. I enjoy it alot

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:42 PM
I play Basketball and Soccer.

I like most sports the only one i dont like is curling cause thats not a sport in my eyesi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

GhostKaGe
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:51 PM
used to be into kickboxing but got board i just wanna relax but i am a football fan (thats soccer to you yanks)http://www.imagehosting.us/himages/ihnp-300383.gif

Sensei Jon
Sat, 03-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I was in wrestling for 5 years, did a few other sports like football and track. Didn't like them, not challenging enough, anyone can do them.

Wrestling is the only sport I will watch, unless my brother was in a football game. I am not talking about the fake shit like WWE, I am talking about the real stuff. Folkstyle, Greco Roman, and Freestlye wrestling.

PSJ
Sat, 03-05-2005, 06:40 PM
playing handball(its a real sport in europe) played some soccer when i was younger other than that i dont enjoy much sports.

g0at
Sat, 03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by: Sensei Jon
I was in wrestling for 5 years, did a few other sports like football and track. Didn't like them, not challenging enough, anyone can do them.

Wrestling is the only sport I will watch, unless my brother was in a football game. I am not talking about the fake shit like WWE, I am talking about the real stuff. Folkstyle, Greco Roman, and Freestlye wrestling.

how can sports not be challenging? do u play against people 5 years younger than u?

kooshi
Sat, 03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, I'm capable of playing almost any sport well, but my favorite are soccer and baseball.

TruthofMistake
Sat, 03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
i run track but the only sport i enjoy watching is football....

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I usually hang at the gym. Right now I'm having a lazy period though.

basey44
Sat, 03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
well i play tennis, and i like footy as well
thats AFL, none of this padding shit all u crazy grid iron players use, and no stupid round ball, its an oval ball all the way

theres nothing like having a kick of the footy with a few of ur mates

JusDaMan
Sun, 03-06-2005, 12:16 AM
I play Handball... even though its not that known... Its quite popular in Chinatown Here... http://www.ushandball.org/ to know about it...

i also weight lift. but i havent done that in a month... I tried again yesterday... and i cant do my usuall weights now... =( and even if i can i tire quickly

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
I like to watch baseball, football and hockey. My favorite team sport to play is hockey. I haven't really done much playing of sports in a long time. Currently I'm looking for a place to study martial arts. Gonna look up the shaolin temple they have here in new york.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-06-2005, 01:33 AM
I play and watch basketball

Xollence
Sun, 03-06-2005, 01:37 AM
I like to play golf and pretend to like to watch basketball.

PSJ
Sun, 03-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
I play Handball... even though its not that known... Its quite popular in Chinatown Here... http://www.ushandball.org/ to know about it...

i also weight lift. but i havent done that in a month... I tried again yesterday... and i cant do my usuall weights now... =( and even if i can i tire quickly

wow ushandball is so diffrent from what we mean in europe...... that looks like squash, the only diffrence seems to be that in squash you use a racket.
im also working out at the gym a couple of times a week.

Psyke
Sun, 03-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Typical outdoor sports like soccer and basketball for me.

Sensei Jon
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by: g0at

Originally posted by: Sensei Jon

how can sports not be challenging? do u play against people 5 years younger than u?

No I played High School football, but quit. What I meant by not challenging is it isn't too hard to run up and down a field/court and look like you are doing something. In wrestling it is one on one in front of hundreds of people. It is always different. In football and the like it is always the same, running up and down the field, not to hard to do that in my opinion. In college I am sure it is different, but nothing would EVER compare with wrestling as far as it being the hardest sport to participate in. Football games and practice are child's play compared to wrestling. This is why I don't like other sports as much.

Kairi
Sun, 03-06-2005, 11:50 AM
I played hockey for around 5 years but I stopped when I came to University. Now I swim. I tend to enjoy sports that don't involve running. Not sure why... just not much of a runner I guess. I don't really watch sports on TV but I watch my brother play hockey when I have the chance.

JusDaMan
Sun, 03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

wow ushandball is so diffrent from what we mean in europe...... that looks like squash, the only diffrence seems to be that in squash you use a racket.

Yea... Some also use rackets to play... but most of us is too poor to use rackets so we use our bare hands Lol... maybe an ocasional glove... but thats about it

How does europe handball look like?

KitKat
Sun, 03-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Anyone here into skiing? I'd ski a lot more except it's expensive, and there aren't many good ski hills near where I live.

Other sports I like are badminton and volleyball. It's hard to find any time to play while I'm at university though.

Mut
Sun, 03-06-2005, 03:55 PM
American football and basketball are the only real sports.

Sensei Jon
Sun, 03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Me and my younger brother used to ski all the time. My grandpa is a ski patrol so we got in for free and got all the needed equipment free. I stopped skiing a while ago though and my brother just had knee surgery. Was thinking of going back again, maybe next year.

PSJ
Sun, 03-06-2005, 04:13 PM

Yea... Some also use rackets to play... but most of us is too poor to use rackets so we use our bare hands Lol... maybe an ocasional glove... but thats about it

How does europe handball look like?

its a bit more complex than us handball. think of a soccer field only smaller and with smaller goals, each team consists of 6 players and a goalkeeper, the "penalty area" is called "goal area" and the players cant step into the "goal area" its a half circle at both short sides, only the goal keeper can be inside. you can only take 3 steps with the ball in your hands. theres many other complex rules but i dont feel like writing an essay-long post....

SK
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
football, basketball, baseball, boxing, even handball once in a while, and btw soccer sucks.

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 07:14 PM
The sport that I enjoy watching the most is boxing. Especially when my man Tito Trinidad is fighting.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-06-2005, 07:58 PM

Man i liked playing handball so much in school that im thinking of joining a korpen team .

I dont know how to right korpen in english...

kAi
Sun, 03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I used to play Footy, not that NFL crap, not that other crappy australian one basey mentioned (AFL) but NRL, that's football.
i also played Soccer (don't really like it anymore), and raced Moto-X (might start again)

I still watch NRL, MX, and v8 supercars.

Hellraiser
Sun, 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I only enjoy watching hockey. I'd probably be a decent player if I knew how to skate. I also like dodgeball. It's funny when people get hurt. Particularly in the family jewels.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I play basketball once a week, used to play more but too busy now. Also I play golf and and i like bowling and pool/billiards.

I watch the kentucky wildcats for college basketball cause I used to live in lexington, kentucky and I'm a big Utah Jazz basketball fan. Also i like to watch the kansas city chiefs for football and tiger woods for golf. Lastly my wife and I will go to the University of Utah and watch the womens gymnastics meets.

Also utah just got a professional football team Real Salt Lake and i'm going to go check them out when the regular season begins.

TruthofMistake
Mon, 03-07-2005, 12:03 AM
i used to ski but not often.... and barles i wasnt aware that the shaolin temple branched out of china and i wouldnt get my hopes up if they have b/c if they are anything like the other temple theyre gunna be really selective.... their other temple you dont go there once or twice a week you live there from something like age 11 to 18 with some breaks to see family now and again....

phlos
Mon, 03-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I like boxing alot. And pool, yes it's a freaking sport.

ok maybe not but it kicks ass!

Elite Hentai
Mon, 03-07-2005, 02:54 AM
I train Tae Kwon Do twice a week. I also like other martial arts. I'm thinking of becoming a Jujutsuka or a kendoka in the future.

Btw turning is a cool sport to look at too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Mon, 03-07-2005, 02:53 PM
id like to take a martial art but i dont have enough money at the moment.

Elite Hentai
Mon, 03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Martial arts are generally cheaper then normal sports, because a good teacher doesn't teach his pupils so he can make a lot of money, but to share his knowledge and skill of his martial art.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Football (as in soccer). Haven't played for a few years but I still watch it, Manchester City season ticket holder (gonna have to miss next season cos of the cost though...£500gbp)...just got back from a 1-0 defeat to Bolton.

turkish-shikamaru, you support Fenerbache (sp?) by any chance? We recently sold one of our better players to them (Nic Anelka)...

animefreak
Mon, 03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
i like to play volleyball. The only sport i ever watch is wrestling.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Wrestling as in WWE? If so, shame on you!

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul
Football (as in soccer). Haven't played for a few years but I still watch it, Manchester City season ticket holder (gonna have to miss next season cos of the cost though...£500gbp)...just got back from a 1-0 defeat to Bolton.

turkish-shikamaru, you support Fenerbache (sp?) by any chance? We recently sold one of our better players to them (Nic Anelka)...

Heh saw that match on tv,what a poor game by man city, i only watched cause Shawn Wright-Phillips is so good buy sadly he was injurid..

When he leaves man city is ruined if they dont buy a great player to take his place.

Cal_kashi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Ran track and XC in HS. now race bikes, Mountain and road bikes. STXC, XC, DH, ITT, TTT, HCTT, crit amd RR.

basey44
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:23 AM
ugh so many abbreviations i got no idea what u just said

the eastside is better, no the westside is better

Cal_kashi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:36 PM
short-track crosscountry, cross country, Downhill, individual time trial, team time trial, hill climb, time trial, criterium and Road Race.

kooshi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 03:53 PM
What I don't like about sports these days is how most people go around the arena or whatever, going "WHOO!!" or "You got owned!" or some shit like that. Whatever happened to just giving a small gesture to yourself about your success instead of shouting off your mouth?

Cal_kashi
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
once it becomes legal to snipe the arrogant bastards things'll change really quick, im pushing forward the legislation in CA right now.

kooshi
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Eh? What's going on in California? Heh, I'm not really aware of what's going on in the world since I don't even have one single channel on my TV.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Heh saw that match on tv,what a poor game by man city, i only watched cause Shawn Wright-Phillips is so good buy sadly he was injurid..

When he leaves man city is ruined if they dont buy a great player to take his place.

Yeah we were absolute shite in the 2nd half, we're gonna be in trouble when he does leave (possibly at the end of this season, maybe at the end of next season), his brother Bradley is gonna be a good player too, but eventually he'll probably leave as well...we're 64 million quid in debt at the moment so we'd need big money to be able to recover from losing him...he's been carrying the team this season and it showed the other night...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Did you see the assists he gave Fowler against Norwich?

The younger brother might save city in the next season cause he showed signs against bolton that he might become as good as his brother.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
i hate it how teams can buy players, i think all sports should have the same rule as baseketball (yes i know its not a real sport, but it does show many good points about modern sport) and that is there is no trading between teams. its like state of origin

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:50 AM
How dare you call basketball not a real sporti/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Football or soccer for some of you is my fav sport but basketball/NBA is the most entertaining sport. Its a sport where the rules are made for the best players to shine unlike football where you can tackle a player to death if you want and nobody will punish hard for it.

And yeah fotball should be like baskeyball there you can make trades not buy players, now its all about who is richer look at chealse who i hate and hope they get crushed in CL.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 03-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Did you see the assists he gave Fowler against Norwich?

The younger brother might save city in the next season cause he showed signs against bolton that he might become as good as his brother.

Yeah, he's been doing that kinda stuff for like 2 seasons now, completely saving us. I'm amazed he's not playing for England on the right (sven bottled out and put him on the left). That Lee Croft had a promising 10 minutes as well.

^ Is that true about basketball? It'd seem weird without transfers and stuff, but yeah I think the combination of transfers and the best teams getting far more money than the rest is kinda destroying football/soccer, dunno about other sports, but Chelsea are proving that by just out-bidding all the other teams for players thanks to a certain russian businessman/tosser. There are pretty much only 3 teams in English football who can have any impact on anything, all the rest only really have UEFA cup positions to go for...or relegation to avoid. Chelsea have pretty much bought the Premiership trophy (even though as a City fan, I'm still hoping Chelsea do win it so Man United don't) and may end up winning the Champions League...which'd suck. They were nothing compared to United and Arsenal before Abramavich took over.

basey44
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:04 AM
hehe i didnt say basketball, i said baseketball, as in the movie
actually i own a basketball ring but i have to confess, ive never played basketball on it. me and my mates figured out the rules to baseketball and thats all weve ever played

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Hehe then my bad and what the hell is baseketball, how do you play it?

Swallow Your Soul:

Chelsea might win the PL but they wont win the CL cause one of the italien teams will win. I mean Barcelona outplayed them both games,i have never seen a team who was outplayed in their home as chelasea were,they should thank barce's defense for the win.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Heh, guess I need to pay more attention. Never heard of that film.

About Chelsea they might not seem all that good a lot of times but they seem to get the job done, they have played badly loads of times this season but almost always ended up winning...only lost once in the league this season (and can you guess who it was who beat them? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif), they'll easily win the Prem but yeah I do have my doubts they'll win the CL...I'm really hoping they don't...I'm kinda happy Barca went out though, they dive like crazy (especially that little get Deco), though then again, so do most spanish teams it seems...

Turkish-S
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:01 PM

nope no fenerbace 4 me damn that team sux.'
they have lot's off monney but they stil manege to play crappy all the time i'm for galatasaray u probably know that team 2 they won the uefa finale ageanst arsenal. damn can't forget that day..

kAi
Thu, 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Hehe then my bad and what the hell is baseketball, how do you play it?

It's a mix between Baseball and Basketball, go watch the movie "Baseketball" by the South Park guys.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I avoid things made by the south park guys........

I have seen the movie a little i think, if i remember the blond guy of SP guys is the star baseketball in the movie.