PDA

View Full Version : Episode 20 Discussion "Spoilers"

Guardian_2000
Sat, 03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Saiyaman Ep 20 RAW (http://bt.saiyaman.info/download.php?id=427&file=%5BSaiyaMan%5D+Gundam+SEE D+Destiny+PHASE+20+RAW.avi.torrent)
AonE Destiny Ep 20 (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BA-Kingdom_-_AonE%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_20_%5BA2E69F45%5D.avi.torrent)

Well after watching 20 its basically a giant recap of before SEED to Destiny where Shinn enters SEED mode. I think its really good that they did this. I'm just surprised that Edited wasn't one of these. Oh well. There are a bunch of new scenes concerning Shinn's past as we see the training shots which is kinda cool. But otherwise its just quick glimpses of old stuff. I liked seeing the dates to the events thou. Kinda helps timeline wise. I know a few people who were curious about dates on certain events. But atleast now people who haven't seen SEED will be abit more clued in on what the background story is on Destiny. Especially concerning the conflict and the previous war.

Following the episode on the RAW is the commercial showing Destiny Gundam. Looks pretty cool. Those who want to see the pic can just check out the Upcoming Events thread. Or someone can just repost it in here but it doesn't really relate to this episode showing.

The previews for Episode 21
This has me really excited in anticipation. I mean finally after seeing the intro and the first ep we get to see Stellar and Shinn come in contact again face to face. And it looks like Shinn saves her from drowning. Also looks like it will be similar to Cagalli's and Athrun's cave scene. Hope everyone enjoys.

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 02:10 PM
A sub came out from a subgroup called AniRupt or Anime chounin. Don't know if its any good but I'll give a download. http://a.scarywater.net/ach/

jing
Sun, 03-06-2005, 02:34 PM
anirupt was good.

WHAT A POINTLESS EPISODE

Wren
Sun, 03-06-2005, 04:27 PM
meh it was good video quality but their subbing wasnt as good; but still good quality id say ;P but ya---to those who already knew bout SEED for the most part it was flashback stuff and a wee bit bout shinn's past.

Assassin
Sun, 03-06-2005, 05:02 PM
worst episode ever!

i dont know how i even got thru it all. nothing but pointless flashbacks.

Marked
Sun, 03-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Argh! I watched Gundam SEED earlier this week! This episode was a BIG dissapointment to everyone who have seen the Gundam SEED serie I suppose. This should have been an EDITED episode.

Mut
Sun, 03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Before I dl this episode... Does Athrun finger bang Lunamari?

Marked
Sun, 03-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Yep, there were even some dildo action.

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 05:52 PM
what a waste of my bytes.Not to mention this is a huge spoiler for those who are seeing GS: destiny but haven't seen gundam seed and are interested or seeing it. at least next weeks episode looks interesting.

jing
Sun, 03-06-2005, 08:16 PM
it seems like next week shinn will get some pussy

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 08:54 PM
what is it with anime that if two people (male and female specifically) get wet they strip down and just look at opposite directions and talk till their clothes dry.

jing
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
what is it with anime that if two people (male and female specifically) get wet they strip down and just look at opposite directions and talk till their clothes dry.

if they don't have sex, what else CAN they do deblast

Hakeem_21
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Why have two flashbacks ep so close to eachother.....

I knew when i saw the preview for this that i shouldnt have downloaded it,the good thing is that i can save my brother's and sister's who watch destiny from this crap.

Also i dont care about Shinn, i wish he would get less air time. I want Kira and his crew not see every girl in minerva dream about Athrun and see Shinn's past every other ep.

Guardian_2000
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Well maybe they did get physical and Stellar likes it rough. She leaves some marks on Shinn apparently. lol JK. They should have undies atleast. It just doesn't look like much is on in that scene in the preview. Atleast in Stellar's case no top.

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by: jing

jing...what the hell are you talking about?? Thats not what I said.

kaigan
Sun, 03-06-2005, 11:19 PM
i hope hobo shinn gets nothing.

yea... damn recaps.

kooshi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Gundam SEED Destiny - 20 by AonE (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BA-Kingdom_-_AonE%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_20_%5BA2E69F45%5D.avi.torrent)

danholo
Mon, 03-07-2005, 07:00 AM
I was expecting (finally) to find out something about the main character of the series who's been totally sidelined until now. And what do we get? He is being sidelined once again and we get a recap of the old SEED series with more of the old characters who have been the focus of Destiny all this time. I mean, come on... why?! We've seen it already and those that haven't probably do without any spoiling! Maybe it's essential to have seen the original GS to continue watching this one? I doubt it... At least the next episode seems to put the strory back on track.

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I think it was a fairly decent recap episode... much better than that EDITED shit or most of the recap episodes from SEED... I really need to get the Destiny Op2 OST since its got some nice fighting muzik...

kooshi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:29 AM
This episode was not all that great. We've already seen all this happen, so why bother showing it again? It's just too bad for those who haven't watched GS.
The 2nd opening original song is available at Gendou's.

PSJ
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
i liked it. seeing all the old SEED characters and a bunch of deaths got the emotion flowing. this ep wasnt that bad.

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Not enough Fray during the flashbacks. Next ep looks like Athrun and Cagalli pt2. I wonder if she gave him that scratch on his face for what he did in ep1. Serves him right .

Mut
Mon, 03-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Ummm... Isn't that Shinn and Stellar?

Aeon
Mon, 03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Was talking bout how the two of them are gonna be in a cave togather and are gonna start a romance from it. If that wasn't to my post then just ignore this one.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
The new footage gave more light to Shinn's character, which was good... but honestly, 80% of the flashbacks didn't have anything to do with things.

Felt like they just wanted to fill out time...

Shinigami
Mon, 03-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
The new footage gave more light to Shinn's character, which was good... but honestly, 80% of the flashbacks didn't have anything to do with things.

agreed.

BUT I have a feeling thy are saving all the money from these recap eps to give us the Greatest Fawking Biggest Fight Ending Sequence ever !!!!

jing
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo

they should have just started next episode.
this episode was a complete waste.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Ya, mainly because 99% of the people watching Destiny watch it because they saw Seed and want a sequel. No point in showing a whole recap of Seed if we've all seen it and it has nothing to do with what's going on now. It might have worked better earlier in the series when they were still introducing characters, but now is a bad time to slot it in.

And so that's how Shinn meet Stellar. What a Athrun-Cagalli ripoff! And in addition to Deblas's claim, what's with people sitting in caves? Why is there always a cave conveniently near by?!?! Wouldn't it be faster for their clothes to dry if they sit outside? And since they're able to find dry firewood, it's obviously not raining outside...

jing
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:17 PM

jing...what the hell are you talking about?? Thats not what I said.

You said "what is it with anime that if two people (male and female specifically) get wet they strip down and just look at opposite directions and talk till their clothes dry."

and i said, "if they don't have sex, what else CAN they do deblast" (rhetorical question that you answered.........)

in response to below : i wouldn't recommend watching. i doubt its anything you don't already know.

Knives122
Mon, 03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Im sorta hesitant to actually dl/watching this ep. after hearing what you guys are saying, should I just dl it and not watch it at all, or watch it anyway?

Board of Command
Mon, 03-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Actually that's not entirely true. You learn that Shinn is in fact a coordinator that was just living in Orb.

And it also shows the shuttle he rode to Plant i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif One sweet shuttle I'll tell you that much.

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Ya, mainly because 99% of the people watching Destiny watch it because they saw Seed and want a sequel.

Its not that uncommon, even in western TV... 24 often had 'recap' moments...

basically, unlike us, most of the japanese viewers are watching it on TV, and not recording it, hence recaps are used to remind the viewers who might not have watched an episode more than once...

DDBen
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Im sorta hesitant to actually dl/watching this ep. after hearing what you guys are saying, should I just dl it and not watch it at all, or watch it anyway?

download it and download the chopstick version and watch that instead. It contains all the new footage as well as a comercial for the destiny gundam.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Actually that's not entirely true. You learn that Shinn is in fact a coordinator that was just living in Orb.

And it also shows the shuttle he rode to Plant One sweet shuttle I'll tell you that much.

Yeah we didnt know shinn was ........ a cordinatori/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

XwingRob
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, its good to finally know what Shinn is, but it would be kinda nice if a natural pilot would get some spotlight. But I guess if Shinn was a natural you would get that whole "your a traitor thingy" like in Gundam SEED with Kira.
Heh it was kinda funny in the flashbacks, you see Azrael as a kid getting pwned by a Coordinator.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I had no problem with it. Just a standard recap episode except this time we got it from Shinn's point of view, thus shining new light on his character.

NomoZ
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Someone should edit out all the recap stuff and just keep the Shinn stuff....*cough* AonE *cough*

Souryusen
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Ahh... it wouldn't be Gundam Seed if the main character didn't break down and cry like a bitch every once and awhile.

On the up side... I got to see Strike ruining peoples' shit and I got to see Fllay blown up again.

intense
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Someone should edit out all the recap stuff and just keep the Shinn stuff....*cough* AonE *cough*

if they should edit out the recap stuff, then the whole episode would only be like 8 mins long (preview, OP, ED) which leaves us with 2 mins of animation

BUT... i actually like this episode. no complaints from me.

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
Ahh... it wouldn't be Gundam Seed if the main character didn't break down and cry like a bitch every once and awhile.

On the up side... I got to see Strike ruining peoples' shit and I got to see Fllay blown up again.

so true, it was worth it to see nicole die again.

mage
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:26 AM
destiny is becoming such a shitty series (as if it wasn't already)

too much reused storyline from SEED
too many USELESS USELESS flashback episodes

it seems like they aren't even trying.

What does that stupid ass fight where they had to take out that base stationed on that mountain (where shinn had to fly through the tunnel) have to do with ANYTHING? who the fuck is that short brown haired girl? god what a piece of shit anime.

ps. people that haven't seen SEED and still watch Destiny piss me off. They're the reason we get shitty episodes like this.

NomoZ
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by: intense

if they should edit out the recap stuff, then the whole episode would only be like 8 mins long (preview, OP, ED) which leaves us with 2 mins of animation

oh i just ment THIS episode

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by: mage

too much reused storyline from SEED
too many USELESS USELESS flashback episodes

it seems like they aren't even trying.

What does that stupid ass fight where they had to take out that base stationed on that mountain (where shinn had to fly through the tunnel) have to do with ANYTHING? who the fuck is that short brown haired girl? god what a piece of shit anime.

ps. people that haven't seen SEED and still watch Destiny piss me off. They're the reason we get shitty episodes like this.

Exactly!!! it is too much seed storyline in Destiny and the new characthers make Fray look good.

Seed i watched for story but i watch destiny now only for the action and they dont even give us that.

danholo
Tue, 03-08-2005, 10:02 AM
There'll be a story there somewhere. They could have done this whole series in about 20 eps.

PSJ
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:04 AM
wow lots of complains.... so what if they did a recap on the seed stuff and put in some shinn in there. its not like we got to hear kiras and asurans life story in one ep either so stop bitching about not knowing anyhting about shinn, did we know anything about kira until the later half? all the kira info came in ep 45 or so, remember when kruuze told him about it. the first half of seed was basicly kira fighting the stolen units without any storline at all, at least destiny got something happening, the unius 7 drop, and everything.

Kavoir
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I really want the Archangle to make a comback with Kira and the Freedom...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
wow lots of complains.... so what if they did a recap on the seed stuff and put in some shinn in there. its not like we got to hear kiras and asurans life story in one ep either so stop bitching about not knowing anyhting about shinn, did we know anything about kira until the later half? all the kira info came in ep 45 or so, remember when kruuze told him about it. the first half of seed was basicly kira fighting the stolen units without any storline at all, at least destiny got something happening, the unius 7 drop, and everything.

Who want to know more about shinn? We know everything about him already.....

Seed was great cause new things happened all the time but destiny not much have happened in 20 eps.

In the beginging of Destiny was good the things that happened in Orb and everything but now that the story is Asuran and every girl wanting him and Shinn doing nothing but talk like he knows everything.

PSJ
Tue, 03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
i can agree with that it hasnt happened alot lately, but to be fair nothing happened in the early eps of SEED, it got moving around ep 11 or so. and by the looks of it destiny will begin to move abit next ep.

Optimaximal
Tue, 03-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: danholo
There'll be a story there somewhere. They could have done this whole series in about 20 eps.

Im surprised it was commissioned into a whole series. Could have been done a whole lot better as an extended OVA... At least then the plot wouldn't have been stretched as thin as it has been...

Aramis
Tue, 03-08-2005, 04:50 PM
soo there was some nice background info on Shinn, there won't be anything to it anymore that we don't know. and that was just about five minutes, the rest 20 was filled with probably the messiest demolition scenes of all SEED.
Shinn's development seems awfully familiar, hes just another stubborn war-struck little guy who has to get some love before he lightens up. =P

Munsu
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:11 PM
you fags stop complaining about this recaps, they are not bad at all, and this is comming from someone that hates recaps.... if you want to complain about something go watch some One Piece filler episodes, those will make you commit suicide...

Anyways, i don't know if it was mentioned before in an episode, but at least i learned that Shinn was a coordinator leaving in ORB, i think most of us, if not all, always asume that the people in ORB are all naturals (who knows which of the current ORB people are coordinators, maybe even Zaft agents)...

And I know many of you think that it was Kira that killed Shinn's family, but from what i saw in the recap, it didn't seem to me has if Freedom was the one that fired the blast that killed them... i may have to rewatch...

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Didn't we all found out that Shinn was a coordinator already when he went seed mode.

Munsu
Tue, 03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
no because Cagalli is apparently a Natural and can go SEED mode

jing
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
well actually i always thought Cagalli was a coordinator.

Munsu
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:04 PM
let's just leave that discussion to this thread

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=48&threadid=14130&enterthrea d=y

were it has been said and suggested that Cagailli is a Natural... either way, no one know what make someone go SEED mode, so we can't assume that they only happen on coordinators...

don't know how trusthworthy it is... but here's a character profile

http://www.gundams.net/index.php?page=seed_char_ca

intense
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by: intense

oh i just ment THIS episode

Yeap, i know. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Deblas
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by: mage

The episode tells everything. the mission, the girl, EVERYTHING! Maybe if you stop bitching and looking for an excuse for hating GD you might've have known

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow deblas actually said something............useful......oh shit.....*jumps for cover*

Deblas
Tue, 03-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wow deblas actually said something............useful......oh shit.....*jumps for cover*

of course, Im the new contributing Deblas. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Board of Command
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Talk about low self esteem...

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Basically, GSD needs more Yzak. NOW.

Haven't seen him for like... forever. What is he? A side character?

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:17 PM
ya know, i just realized that the capt who rescued shinn and the civilians is the same guy who's now in charge of the defense fleet

not only more Yzak, but Deakka also!!

Optimaximal
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
ya know, i just realized that the capt who rescued shinn and the civilians is the same guy who's now in charge of the defense fleet

Well, that *was* made pretty blatant in the episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

TeknoXI
Wed, 03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Didn't we all found out that Shinn was a coordinator already when he went seed mode.

Actually, we found out Shinn was a coordinator during the first episode. Dullindal was talking about how many coordinators from Orb returned to Plant etc. I don't think a natural would feel very much at home in Plant.

Munsu
Sat, 03-12-2005, 10:39 AM
i don't know about you guys, but i really like the current Gundam Universe.... i hope they do another series involving this universe, even if it means new main characters, and a jump of 50 years or so

PSJ
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:22 AM
yea i would enjoy that to, a jump of 50 years is maybe a little much but yea more series in this gundam universe would rock.

Munsu
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:04 PM
i just figured to make the current main characters old enough so that they are not fighting, but still an influencial political force..

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I wouldnt want to see kira and co when they are old i mean if they make a new series on this universe it would better with a hole new cast and story.

PSJ
Sat, 03-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
i just figured to make the current main characters old enough so that they are not fighting, but still an influencial political force..

they can be kept from fighting in other ways. i dont think it would be to cool to see kira and everybody as 70 year olds either :/ maybe have them in their 40-50s and still on the battle field, not in lead roles and gundams but just commanders in regular suits. like yzak has become now.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 03:44 PM
this ep wuz kinda pointless...they probably needed 1 more week for their next ep? if the next 1 isnt badass then seed destiny is jus becoming a total waste of time... wats up w/ GS/GSD and they're obsession w/ having naked people next to each other but not doing anything? (like ...sry i forgot who mentioned this i but i remember his name started w/ a "D" said before) <---it wuz deblaz hehe sry to rip u off man

AntiSoul
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:19 PM
I think either the next or the ep after the next is called "The Sword of the Asure Sky" or something, I'm guessing that's where Destiny Gundam will make it's first appearance...unless I missed something and it shows up next episode.......I figured it would correspond to something close to "The Sword the Descends from the Sky" in Seed...which was actually the 2nd Freedom appearance....ah well either way we'll get to see it soon haha..though I wonder what happens to impulse then...maybe that other guy (who's name i always forget...the contrast character to Neo) will get it...