PDA

View Full Version : Will Naruto take another Chunin Exam?

folf
Fri, 03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Will he become a Chunin some other way, say, through various missions?

Will he one day become a hokage while still officially a Genin?

If he takes the exam, and it requires a team of three, who else will be on his team?

Phoenix23
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't know about the distant future, but he IS definitely going to miss the upcoming chuunin exam while out on the Gaara mission (or a subsequent one)...

jing
Fri, 03-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: folf

If he takes the exam, and it requires a team of three, who else will be on his team?

He will not take another Chunnin exam.

kAi
Fri, 03-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking this mission is a Chuunin selection of sorts for Naruto. I think Kakashi will be looking at Naruto closely and seeing what he is capable of, and may show leadership qualities and if Kakashi believes Naruto to be fit for it, he will tell Tsunade who will appoint him Chuunin.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah I feel that Tsunade will just order a mandate to make Naruto at least a Chunnin, maybe a Jounin if Kakashi thinks he is that good. Most others will respect her decission because Naruto was taught by Jiraiya for 2.5 years.

folf
Sat, 03-05-2005, 06:25 AM
yeah, even the exams seem to test maturity above all else. I figure it should do him good to stay a Genin a bit longer than everyone else. long enough for him to see the irrelivenance while retaining the re.. nah.

SK
Sat, 03-05-2005, 10:28 AM
i think tsunade will promote him

Stoopider
Sat, 03-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Hopefully not. Don't want to see or waste time in another arc again for the 2nd Chunnin exams. Naruto should be way past that, plus he did get into the second round after beating Neji, which more than merits him to become a Chunnin.

folf
Sat, 03-05-2005, 02:35 PM
kakashi feels comfortable with having him on missions with him. I wonder how other Jounin feel. Many may still be hesitant. He's turning more heads every day though, so his promotion is inevidable....

Deblas
Sat, 03-05-2005, 09:00 PM
he won't take the chunnin exam because when he proves that he is so powerful, HE IS GONNA BE MADE A JOUNIN!!!!

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Well when Kakashi said that they will be "equals," I think that means if they do good, they will probably get promoted (both Naruto and Sakura) to Jounin level.

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:48 PM
they were both trained by sannins though. so theres a possibility. Now that I see it, kakashis team were all trained by sannins. naruto-jiraiya, sakura-tsunade, sasuke-orochimaru(sort of). they could be known as the new sannin.

Y
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
they were both trained by sannins though. so theres a possibility. Now that I see it, kakashis team were all trained by sannins. naruto-jiraiya, sakura-tsunade, sasuke-orochimaru(sort of). they could be known as the new sannin.

Now that is one clever observation. refreshing and unique.

Mut
Sun, 03-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Someone please start bombarding this thread with "no shit, captain obvious" images.

GOGOGOGO!!!

Deblas
Sun, 03-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

Now that is one clever observation. refreshing and unique.

I know, they do tell me Im a good observer and analyzer. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

jing
Sun, 03-06-2005, 08:14 PM
whatever you say

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/5213/34copy3od.jpg

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
The real question should be; do you guys want to see another chuunin exam?

Correct answer should be: "HELLLLL NOOOOOO"

They should just promote him after performing so many Class A (or was it Class S, whatever) jobs.

greateachermin
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
i think naruto will have to take another chunnin exam, but if they just skip it and make it quick and funny, it will be ok....
teams of three doesnt matter because sakura is a chunnin isnt she... there is a way because every year the test might be different
if the hokage or people can just promote whoever they want then what is the point of the ninja class then....
if they do it then the ninja levels to me wouldnt be as prestigous as they made it out to be....
the exam test your ability to think and act like a leader, not just how strong you are....

drcitan
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Damn it feels good to be back here with the people I respect so much. Lets see....There are 2 chuuin exams per year but even then it would be a while before things settle down. In the end Naruto will remain a gennin 4 awhile. The chuuin exam might even be cancelled due to Akatsuki's sudden movements. The exam would leave the Leafs to open for an attack and if it were held at another village it would still leave the Leafs open.

Roko
Tue, 03-08-2005, 01:14 AM
i say that naruto will do somethin grand that saves the village or somethin along those lines and so he will be promoted by tsunade

Masamune
Tue, 03-08-2005, 04:26 AM
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQAhA2kZZi2lPdgT3UYJsrOaDk7mIwK8qdEZgLClB634rjpuu 1u1Crch2CRERXbqRU2Wac20ErjopVMvyqERFMow0YMdOJ2VB1K wShiUQfI86DcOyNxf08xqns2n5QWm/captain%20obvious.gif

basey44
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:57 AM
are u crazy!?
ur saying we wont get another chuunin exam arc?

actually i wouldnt mind seeing naruto whoop konohamarus teams ass in the exam, and then they run off crying

greateachermin
Tue, 03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
why do you want naruto to beat konohomaru? obviously naruto will win... i hope naruto teams up with him... it would be funny to see those two together on an adventure.... much like a naruto special
how about this time the mission is, pass the chunnin exam....

Tidus_Yuna
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: Roko
i say that naruto will do somethin grand that saves the village or somethin along those lines and so he will be promoted by tsunade

yeah u might be right on that

Werder
Thu, 03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
But Naruto previously did somethng grand to save the village and he got nuffink

I agree with the Kakashi thing of him observing him during this mission and reccommending he become chunnin. I think jounin will be too much.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
they are gonna make up some stupid reason that naruto has to gather information on the other villiage's genin to see if there's a demon in one of them (so they would know who is akatsuki next target) and then naruto will have to take the chunin exam, only this time it would take no more than 5 chapters.

Harbinger
Thu, 03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
dear god i dont want to see another exam. it would be almost as bad as doing a damn tournament story arc in DBZ. who would like to see one of thos again? i just want to see more of what naruto can do in actual life and death situations on actual missions.

im pretty sure everyone will agree with me that when naruto teamed up with sasuke against zabuza it was one of the better part of the series.

and like others said its pretty obvious that he is going to be promoted through something like this mission to get akatsuki.

jlshuman
Fri, 03-18-2005, 10:46 PM

This theory has a little more meat to it than most realize... for those of you who don't know there is a variation of rock, paper, scissors in Japan known as Janken. It uses the same rules as rock paper scissors... except it is slug-snake-frog. In this version, the snake eats the frog... the slug poisons the snake... and the slug is somehow beat by the frog, can't remember if it is eaten or not. Anyway, these three students and the three sannin are direct relations to this game. It seems logical that there are special types of ninja and that the three were put together because they were equal/complimentary. The fact that they are all being trained by legendary ninja is probably important enough to influence the chuunin selection... I'd think it would be interesting to see another chuunin exam myself. Especially if they reinstate the old examination grounds that were in the special. Get an intro to more shinobi... but that's just me. As for the teams... who did sakura take the test with?

Roko
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:46 PM
exactly, jlshuman, aren't chuunin exams taken in teams of 3???

that's interesting, that kishimoto might have based this "rivalship" on a game

drcitan
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
If naruto took the chunnin exam again he would amaze everyone in the stands with his improvement by using his head to win matches. If you can outsmart Kakashi your an AUTOBADASS and the only other person to do that was Kabuto.

Kur
Wed, 03-23-2005, 04:13 AM
i would love to see another exam! it has been stated countless times in the the story that every exam is different, so maybe they won't need teams of three.

and the exam is not just to show how strong you are, that is almost irrelavent, it is to show your ability to complete or abandon a mission based on the situation at hand.

Also i think the idea of Naruto just being promoted is lame. That makes the whole idea of the exam moot. and it also leaves a large opportunity for story advancement unrealized.

I am not saying we need to see another 40 chapters of chuunin exam, but maybe we could see side stories about the other characters as they wait to see if Naruto makes it to the finals and then they show just the finals if he makes it or they don't if he doesn't. i mean, i could really picture Naruto not making it to the finals if the first two tests were something highly academic.

but then again, i am no manga artist/writer so i am sure they can come up with better ideas than me, i just know that i would like to see another exam.

Enderz
Tue, 04-19-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah, i agree with kur i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif it would be better if they would make a new chuunin exam then we can see more fights and we can se how the other has change or how strong they got

DDBen
Tue, 04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm expecting something thats a bit differn't from the last Chuunin exam. In this cas I expect a HunterXHunter kind of approach where a main character who fails the initial Hunter exam goes back at a later point and completes the next exam in the first test by beating every other contestant. This would allow for a quick solution to the Chuunin exam issue. Also note saving the Hokage from another villiage in this case Gara is a pretty good way to get out of a silly thing like an exam.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 04-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Naruto has connections. He'll just give Tsunade a call and get his chuunin exam deferred.

Enderz
Wed, 04-20-2005, 06:17 AM
but woulden't you guys want to see fights then a phone call

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Actually I hope that Kishimoto keeps naruto as a genin. Can't you imagine the comedic possibilities. Naruto becomes super strong defeats the atsuki and orchimaro saves the sand hokage and is generally considered to be a legendary figure within the ninja world. People are in awe and fear of him when they hear about how he has gained full control over the kyubi and unleash his devine wrath when ever he wishes. Children love to hear tales of his increadible feats. Men want to be him woman want to be with him.

Naruto becomes a figure far more respected and well known then even the Sannin, the Seven Mist Swordsmen, Sasori of the red sand, the white fang, the golden flash of konoah, or any other legendary ninja that introduced in the series. But he's still just a genin and Sakura rips on him for it everytime they meet.

Werder
Wed, 04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Heh heh, interesting view.

I'm sticking with the promotion idea since I just don't think they'd do another Chuunin exam arc. But I agree that it would be cool to see how Naruto's improved - but we'll get to see that anyway (I hope to GOD in the next few chapters or I'm gonna explode!!!).

Coconatior
Tue, 05-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Does any1 know when chapter 259 comes out :S

elmojo
Tue, 05-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I highly doubt we'll see naruto taking up a chunnin exam, I think the whole chunnin exam saga was to show the readers how much hard work.. dedication and planning it takes to become a chunnin, naruto will become jounin for sure

i hope neji makes hokage b4 naruto, i think something is going to crush naruto's dream and he will exile himself somehow

Strider
Tue, 05-10-2005, 12:55 PM
I would like to see another Chuunin Arc. But, obviously something with a twist or more flavor than the last. New battle grounds and new styles to the battles.

Will Naruto take it if there is one? Probably not. I would not mind if he doesn't. I think it's somewhat moot. We know his skill exceeds that of Genin. I think Jounin would be too much, as Neji is the only Genin we were introduced to that has achieved said rank .. which explains why Neji's deserving of more page time! Alongside Lee, of course.

Edort4
Tue, 05-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I believe that naruto is going to become hokage from gennin, first time in all ninja-land history (it would suit naruto, he always makes this kind of things, his first jutsu was a jounin lvl jutsu!). Another chunin exam after fighting akatsuki is poor!

EpoC
Sun, 05-29-2005, 06:02 PM
as much as I enjoyed the chunnin exam I wouldn't like another one, it might be fun though to see him doing it with maximum ease. just float through the whole exam. but na I wouldn't wan to see another chunnin exam.

galarnon
Mon, 05-30-2005, 09:07 AM
I am not sure naruto will end up as the Hokage....

Think of it there's a possiable chance of another anime like there was DragonBall-GT.
And this Anime will accour many years later when Naruto will be much much stronger.

EpoC
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:35 AM
of course Naruto will become hokage! But not until the very last ep though.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 05-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by: galarnon
I am not sure naruto will end up as the Hokage....

Think of it there's a possiable chance of another anime like there was DragonBall-GT.
And this Anime will accour many years later when Naruto will be much much stronger.

I hope Naruto's walking around with a halo on his head 5000 years from now after having died 18 times and yet still not age one year, i.e. Goku.

Strider
Mon, 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I would not care too much for a Chuunin Exam with Naruto after this three year jump. However, I would love to see the Chuunin Exams within the missed three year period where everyone apparently got promoted. Naruto (and Sasuke) are the only ones still Genin.

Also, who wouldn't want to see the Jounin Exam where Neji achieves that rank? Or a Jounin promotion test period, for that matter.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:02 PM
How funny would that be to see both sasuke and naruto compete in a chuunin exam together after the whole kill itachi thing is settled.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 05:11 PM
who would be the 3rd on their team? (naruto might not necessarily pass the 1st exam again, hes still not that bright)

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
who would be the 3rd on their team?

On that note, I wonder who Sakura teamed with to become a Chuunin, since her teammates were gone.

Also, considering the exhausting preliminaries, the written test and the survival in the forest, and from all that to see a single person to come out as a Chuunin, it makes me wonder how the rest of the Leaf rookies graduated in a span of 2 and a half years.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 08:26 PM
konohamaru! and another 1.

Strider
Wed, 06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
The Chuunin Exam occurs twice a year, I believe was mentioned by the late Sandaime. However, was it ever said that it always occurs in the Country of Fire? I thought that year's exam was scheduled to take place there, and it would rotate between allied nations.

Granted that's the case, different countries have different phases and levels within the Chuunin Exams they hold. We all know how the Mist used to do it ..

Konoha promotes the necessity for three-man teams, and emphasizes on teamwork. But, other countries may have had two-man or four-man teams. It may have even been solo. I'd imagine whatever test Sakura took place in was mostly written. Worthless heifer, still pining over Sasuke ..

TheFlash
Wed, 06-29-2005, 02:02 AM
i dont think naruto will take another chuuin exam and i think after the itatchi mission he's is doing, after he is finishes it, i think tsunade will automatic promote him as a chuunin if not a jounin. and i never heard of any jounin test in the manga or the anime, i think the jounin test is depending on how many S-class mission u accomplish and u will get that rank if u done enuff.

a real life test always beats none real life test. getting promoted on the amount of s-class mission means alot more, real life experience always shows more than a written example.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 06-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I think this discussion is kinda dead.

Everon
Mon, 07-04-2005, 03:44 AM
I think it would be funny if Naruto never got promoted because he didn't have the time to go through the official busywork.

For a genin he's already completed quite a few S-ranked missions (well, unofficially mostly)

Rhanfahl
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke will proabably never exceed the rank of "Genin" officially but probably become the next sannin....which as far as I know isn't really an official term for a class of ninja.

San meaning 3
Nin a counter for persons

Acutally Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru may all technically be Genin, I mean sally,rachel,Anna Marie...oh yeah, Kabuto is technically a Genin.

Besides I think you all put too much importance in rank. I mean Captains at the Pentagon are errand boys that get sent out for coffee. Rank doesn't always mean all that much.

naruto-kira
Fri, 07-08-2005, 12:38 AM
quote- Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke will proabably never exceed the rank of "Genin" officially but probably become the next sannin....which as far as I know isn't really an official term for a class of ninja.

SAKURA IS ALREADY A CHUUNIN, IF U READ THE MANGA....

Psyke
Fri, 07-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by: naruto-kira
quote- Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke will proabably never exceed the rank of "Genin" officially but probably become the next sannin....which as far as I know isn't really an official term for a class of ninja.

SAKURA IS ALREADY A CHUUNIN, IF U READ THE MANGA....

Sannin literally means "3 ninjas" or rather "3 nins" if it sounds better.

mage
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:19 PM
i think a new chuunin exam would be an interesting way to bring sasuke back into the picture.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Answer: Nope.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
yep, I'm sure that's gonna happen, Orochimaru is gonna let his precious lovetoy to go off to some other village, and risk the chance that he may be killed, kidnapped or otherwise maimed, just so that he could get a rank that nobody cares about, yep sure, it's gonna happen.

by all rules of logic, letting Orochimaru have his kinky way with Sasuke for 3 years was most likely the worst possibilty, not only that three years is long enough time for Orochimaru to travel to china (heck, he could even get to europe in that time) and escape all chances of ever being captured, but three years is also enough time for Sasuke to actaully submit to Oro's ideals, and become a pawn like Kimimaru...
basically, the leaf village seriously fucked up this thing, unless Jiraya has some new magical information (like he always seemes to have) that indicates exactly when and where orochimaru is going to take over Sasuke.

just so you'd know, ask any police officer, and he'll tell you that the chance of recovering a kidnapping victim or a hostage goes down the longer you wait, after a month or two it's basically it. if you haven't managed to track that person down by now, it's not likely to happen, unless the kidnapper wants you to.

XanBcoo
Sat, 07-09-2005, 07:40 PM
All of that is true, but...

Jiraiya, and all of Konoha for that matter, dont' give a shit about Sasuke. Jiraiya's initial reason for the 3 year training was to prepare for Akatsuki, and not to recover sasuke. Jiraiya even said that Sasuke was a lost cause, meaning it didn't matter if he became Oro's pawn because basically he already was. Naruto's the only one who wants him back in order to fullfil his promise.

I don't think sasuke's gonna be in another chuunin exam (who's genious preposal was this again?), but I'm not counting him out of the picture just yet.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Well if Tsunade is a smart Hokage...and she isn't too dumb. She'll want the last of the Sharingan out of Orochimaru's hands...one way or another. Send Jiraiya why? To find Sasuke and bring him back or kill him. Makes sense to me...but the way things are with this filler, they'd probably just send him to ninja prison where he would immediately break out and go back to being Orochimaru's bitch like Sally...er Lucy...er Kabuto.

Kaigi-san
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I doubt kishimoto will make Naruto go through another chuunin exam - sure rank doesnt always have a direct relation to strength (not for chuunin at least) but think of the level difference between naruto and the other would be chuunin nominees. Kabuto is an exception because he doesnt go through w/ the exam in order to hide his strength. Any "normal" ninja however will actually try to go up in rank. If Naruto can fight Akatsuki and has gone through training from Jiraiya its rather pointless and unrealistic to make him go against typical genin class ninjas. I feel that Tsunade will promote him sometime or other in the manga.... but I also think that a chuunin exam filler arc is very possible.

American Hero
Sun, 07-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Can't they just nominate him to become a Jounin after so long?

I mean, who says you have to actually go through very stage?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Please guys I think we've gotten the answer to this incredibly difficult question by now......just let it die.

Mut
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
i doubt it, he will probably do some crazy mission and just be pormoted on the spot

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 08-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by: folf

A "degree" may show that a person is likely to be at a certain skill or power level. But no garantee that someone without that "degree" is weak.

Peter Jennings never graduated from High School, yet he's smarter than many Harvard Grads in Journalism.

folf
Thu, 08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
do you think it would be a slap in the face to "follow procedure" or formality and have Naruto take a test? I think it is about confidence, and you do have a point to question the significance of titles. Following such formalities might make the acquisition of the title more significant. Naruto offering to buy Kakashi noodles could have been the clincher. Heading out to help sand, and gaaras impact on him could also be important. Anyway, if naruto does anything more extravant than something to do with food, it probably doesn't need to be in the anime. We'll see though.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 08-20-2005, 08:00 AM
You know what? Frankly if Naruto is forced to take another Chunnin exam. He should just turn evil and kill every other applicant in like the second exam.

Just like Zabuza. Then the only thing they can do is select Naruto as the Chunnin, or else risk facing his wrath.