PDA

View Full Version : posting replies

Assassin
Fri, 03-04-2005, 01:08 AM
it seems ever since the change to GW evolution, everytime u post a reply, it automatically takes u back to the first page of the thread, rather then the page u were on.

i dunno if this is a settign that can be changed individually, like in the profile (if it is, how?) or if its the same for everyone. eitehr way, i find it troublesome, so i think it should be changed to what it was originally.

KitKat
Fri, 03-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Are you typing your replies into quick reply? If so, that takes me back to the first page too. But when I reply to an actual post, using the button at the bottom of the post, it takes me back to the same page as that post is on after I submit my reply. I know what you mean about going back to the first page being annoying. That's why I never use the little quick reply box unless the topic is less than a page long.

Munsu
Fri, 03-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
it seems ever since the change to GW evolution, everytime u post a reply, it automatically takes u back to the first page of the thread, rather then the page u were on.

i dunno if this is a settign that can be changed individually, like in the profile (if it is, how?) or if its the same for everyone. eitehr way, i find it troublesome, so i think it should be changed to what it was originally.

it has always been like this since they changed the forums last year

jing
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken

Originally posted by: Assassin

it has always been like this since they changed the forums last year

yeah that's what i thought too. didn't feel any different.

Assertn
Fri, 03-04-2005, 11:13 PM
i dont think stuff like that can be changed without recreating the whole forums anyway

Hellraiser
Sun, 03-06-2005, 09:55 PM
What quick reply box?

KitKat
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
It only shows up for me when I use Firefox, not when I use IE. It's just a little box at the bottom here that's labeled 'Quick Reply'.

kAi
Sun, 03-06-2005, 10:28 PM
that's because firefox disables popups and it makes it part of the end, which i think you can do it in IE also in GW options.