PDA

View Full Version : Are the directors ASKING for Tomino to fire them??

kinggalaxia
Wed, 03-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Really.......I'm enjoying the Gundam Seed storylines.....but since I watched GS and started GSD, I've fallen in love with the original MSG, and....what can I say?

IT'S A DAMN RIPOFF!!!!!

especially Seed Destiny. The Zakus are back! Why?? ZAFT just up and decided to call their suits those names??? Plus they're bastardized.......pink.....LOVE on chest.......profession pilot bopping to the suit's owner's music while she dances on its hands......uuuuuggghhh

Other Gundam AU's ripped off the original too, but nothing like this.....gawd.... even Gundam Wing had more originality than this. This? They don't take a perfect copy...but rather move elements around and pretend it's new -___-

Forgive me for bitching like this, but Tomino's gone super nuts for not doing anything about it...

Barumonk
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Please, take your universal century eliteism to somewhere else. This board has had a pleasent lack of it, and there is no reason to bring it here now.

NomoZ
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia
IT'S A DAMN RIPOFF!!!!!

especially Seed Destiny. The Zakus are back! Why?? ZAFT just up and decided to call their suits those names??? Plus they're bastardized.......pink.....LOVE on chest.......profession pilot bopping to the suit's owner's music while she dances on its hands......uuuuuggghhh

Other Gundam AU's ripped off the original too, but nothing like this.....gawd.... even Gundam Wing had more originality than this. This? They don't take a perfect copy...but rather move elements around and pretend it's new -___-

Forgive me for bitching like this, but Tomino's gone super nuts for not doing anything about it...

I'd have to agree with you a little bit, mainly about GSD. I'm finding it a little too much like Zeta, but I love that they brought in the Zakus with a new look(aside from the one that you mentioned).

I can't believe you are only bitching about them when in EVERY alternate universe storyline the main MS just happened to be named Gundam.

The whole point of an alternate universe storyline is to retell the basic story but differently then it was before. Personally I found the original Gundam to be quite bland until the last 10-15 episodes(atleast in the english dub version).

Hell, Tomino even ripped himself off a couple times. Have you seen F91? Also the love stories between camille and four, and hathaway and quess are almost exactly the same as the amuro and lahlah love story.

EDIT:Oh and to answer your question, it's allowed because it's making money. People like the series, so they watch it, buy the dvds, the models and all the other merchandise.

kinggalaxia
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Yes, you're right. They're selling model kits, YAY!!! :-p

and you're right....Tomino's poked at himself, but as the creator, I feel he's allowed, y'know?

and yes, I'm UC elitist....don't mean I'm damning the other Gundams. they're all good....but GSD's pushed the envelope on rehashing

PSJ
Thu, 03-03-2005, 11:18 AM
im tired of hearing all this shit about how everything is a copy. okay there are similarities but that doesnt make it a copy. if the creator have borrowed ideas from his previous work let him. its not like anyone is asking you to watch it so dont bitch if you dont like it.

NomoZ
Thu, 03-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Just to clear up, incase what PSJ was directed at me aswell, I love destiny.

Deblas
Thu, 03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Just to clear up, incase what PSJ was directed at me aswell, I love destiny.

yea, you kinda gave the impression that you hate it.

Munsu
Thu, 03-03-2005, 08:48 PM
yeah i really hate when people complain about things being similar...

for me... if i like something a lot, i dont mind seeing a lot of variations of it... i will be entertained each and every time... so my rec. fo you guys is sit back and enjoy

NomoZ
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh and for more clearification whenever I point out similarities that's all I'm doing, I'm not complaining about them(for the most part i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

Deblas
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Also, the G series attract kids who haven't seen past G. My first Gundam series was Gundam Wing and I had no idea that there was a past series with the same mobile suit. What I'm saying is that it wouldn't matter much if they just take a few small things from past G series and put them in the new ones cause alot of the audience wouldn't know about it. As for me who have watched a few of them. I really don't care. It's like the zelda games. They take reference from the past games and put a new storyline. So kinggalaxia. If your tired of watching these minor things. Then just don't watch it anymore.

jing
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't think anyone hates the anime would come discuss about it in a forum after watching 19 episodes.
I personally like reading these threads, they are better than your regular "i want shinn to die" threads. Besides, he's just trying to generate a discussion and not "i want shinn to die". OR "rey is teh ghey".

Munsu
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Oh and for more clearification whenever I point out similarities that's all I'm doing, I'm not complaining about them(for the most part )

no one is ripping at you.. it was a general observation... and it was mainly directed for the topic starter... so dont take it personal i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Fri, 03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
just posted my opinion its nothing personal.

Optimaximal
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:42 AM
tbh, the new ZAKUs don't look too bad, and they did come up with the idea that it's an acronym rather than a codename...
The original suit was an MS-06 Zaku or something, whilst in Destiny its technically a Z.A.K.U., which stands for 'ZAFT Armed Keeper of Unity' (which was clearly tacked on to stop comparissons like this, but ultimately failing)...

I am still waiting to see what shit they come up with for the Gouf i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

NomoZ
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Global Operations Unit of Faith is my guess.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Seeing as all these ripoffs are INTENDED, I doubt any firing or harsh feelings is taking place behind the scenes...

hybridchild
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:55 AM
I cant believe people still bring this up i/expressions/rolleye.gif Yes DESTINY is like other Gundam series, yes it 'rips off' elemets of the UC and yes it has Zaku's * Shock Horror* BUT the thing you have to remember is that SEED was descripted by the creators as a 21st century update of the original so DESTINY is a continuation of that . SEED is like basically a remake of 0079 and DESTINY is basically a remake of 0083/Zeta, its intentionally like those shows as a way of updating the themes in them and paying tribute to them

Hybridchild