PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Programs

bechstein
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I've been curious for a long time as to what program(s) are used to make the karaoke for the into and outro for the some of the anime subbed by this team.
I know how to subtitle, I've been doing it for a while.
But it seems to me that there is a totally different program used for karaoke.
Example being:
A normal subtitle is just words on the bottom of the screen,
Karaoke can have the color changing with the timing, or a certain letter or charector shrinking or fading.

Thanks.

complich8
Thu, 03-03-2005, 02:02 AM
substation alpha does karaoke timing.

Learn substation alpha inside and out, and you'll be halfway there. For effects applied to it, you'll also need to know a bit about textsub.

bechstein
Thu, 03-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Yah I have substation alpha and I have neen using it for a little bit now.
And for textsub... are you talking about a program? If so please include a link to their homepage please.

complich8
Thu, 03-03-2005, 05:15 PM
their homepage kinda blows.

Textsub is the full-featured ASS (advanced substation) subtitle renderer. It's what pretty much all fansubbers use to actually apply subs to stuff. Textsub is actually a subset of Vobsub.

There's docs that you can read in the install directory that'll tell you about all the effects and specs and syntax. They're a dense read, but playing with them and experimenting is the only way you're going to be any good at that.

The official homepage seems to blow, a lot. Just google for vobsub, and pay attention when you're installing it.

Aryu
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Yea, as complich8 says, ssa and textsub is your friend. When installing VobSub, hopefully you will get a popup asking you to define your virtualdub folder. After that, you just pretty much add the script with the textsub filter in virtualdub/nandub. Tell me if this was a little bit unclear, kinnda wrote it in a hurry. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Klibbnisse
Fri, 04-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I were just going to ask the same question like bechstein did, but, know i got another one... Where can i find this "SubStation Alpha"? link please!

EDIT: No, dont worry, i found SSA, know, ill go after VobSub

complich8
Sat, 04-30-2005, 04:08 AM
haha! answering your own questions is totally the way to go.

Klibbnisse
Sat, 04-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Wierd program... i dont get it! do anyone know a guide at the internet for Sub Station Alpha?

complich8
Sat, 04-30-2005, 07:29 PM
timecop's digisub guide ( http://pepper.idge.net/digisub.html ) might be a good place to start.