PDA

View Full Version : bitorrent

shadowstalker888
Tue, 03-01-2005, 10:55 PM
i was wondering if there was any way to make the download faster.. i have been dlding 51-75 for 5 days and its only half way..... and its going 5 kbps..i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Use your brain and post in the correct forum next time. Moved.

GotWoot Moderator

jing
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Get broadband connection.

kAi
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:43 AM
port forwarding?

complich8
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Complich8's Speed Tips:

1: Sharing more gets you higher priority on the tracker (so if you cap your sends too few or too low, you're not gonna get much back).
2: Make sure your ports are set up correctly (ie: if you've got a firewall or router that you've got ports forwarded through it). This includes setting software firewalls to allow your torrent client full access to the port it's using.
3: Large batch/archive torrents tend to be less well-seeded than new releases, because they're a lot harder to seed and because they're huge. Patience is key.
4: Make sure your isp isn't traffic-shaping the port you're using, try using a non-default port, such as 8899 or 12385. Be creative. Make sure routers/firewalls are set up appropriately. Using default bt client ports will very likely get you slower traffic.
5: Sharing too much is bad. If you're saturating your upload with outgoing data, your inbound connections won't be able to squeeze out acknowledgements of packets they've gotten, and so you'll end up choked. If you've got a heavily asymmetric connection (such as cable or dsl), make sure you DO cap your upload speed at something in the range of 3-5KB/sec slower than your connection's max upload.
6: Don't use a client that cheats or lies. Dishonest clients can be flagged and systematically snubbed, and won't get a whole lot of priority.