PDA

View Full Version : Hank Come back.

woofcat
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:55 AM
It was on a day such as this, with the wind blowing steadily and the river slowly streaming through the brook, that I decided to go for a walk. But, I had no body to walk with. What a sad predicament this was indeed. With the circumstances standing as they did, there was only one option left for me. I had to find a companion. With this new found sense of belonging, I set off towards the hills with my trusty sidekick Hank.

"Why Hank, I do believe you've forgotten to take your pills!" I proclaimed upon seeing Hank twitch his writing hand erraticly.

"No sir I did not! I take my pills every day! Why, just the other day I took my pills twice to be sure!"

"Oh, my dear Hank! Say you didn't take your pills twice! Please Hank, tell me you didn't!"

With Hank's proclamation of his previous days pill taking activities, the wind seemed to scream in my ears like a thousand banshies. Hank was always a good lad, never wanted any trouble and always volunteering at the animal shelter. Now I didn't know what was going to happen with him!
"Why, but if one pill helps me through the day, I figured two would give me the extra kick I needed, right?"

Oh poor, poor Hank. No matter how much I tried to look after him, I just couldn't follow him everywhere! But now, I missed one moment of watchfulness, one moment of vigilance over my charge, and he has taken too many pills! This was as much my fault as anyones. I couldn't bear to think of myself any longer.

"Hank, taking two pills... Well Hank, you've been a good friend to me for many a long year, and I've always tried to be there for you, but I'm afraid I have to leave."

"... But where are you going? We were going for a walk! I wanted to go for a walk!"

This wasn't going to be the painless goodbye that I was hoping for. Tears were in my eyes, I couldn't stand this any longer.

"Goodbye Hank, I'll miss you!" I screamed through the torrential rains which had came out of nowhere. As I took my final look at him, I only hoped he knew how much I cared.

I turned and ran, and Hank went about his own business as I leapt into the wrath of nature. Even the Gods seemed to know of my wrong doings, and I stood no chance now. The water was overflowing and racing toward me as a herd of angry rhinocerous. Branches grabbed at my clothing and ripped my sleeves straight from my arms. The rain poured into my nose and mouth, blocking my breathing. I gasped in vain as I truly realized the horror of my actions.

I slowly fell to the ground as my breath was pressed out of my lungs, and I thought I heard laughter as I collapsed on the ground. Infront of me stood Hank, his head held high and his arms spread. My chance was before me! I wearily crawled towards him as a took my final breaths.

"Hank, I've come back, it's going to be okay!" I wheezed. It was then I noticed my surroundings. I had one last look before I died, and I passed with intense terror as I recognized Hank hung from a high branch, slowly swinging with his lips and face all blue, yet a light, almost happy sounding laugh echoing from his mouth.

From the Mind of "Your Name Here"

kAi
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:28 AM
That wasn't short.

this isn't a happy ending?

Raven
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Erm... yes, well... that was... kinda shit.

woofcat
Tue, 03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Rofl. Always glad to hear it. BTW i did not write this so if you think its shit its shit. I got a good laugh out of it.

Hellraiser
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Um..wtfzers I don't get itz? Did Hank win?