PDA

View Full Version : naruto, 3 years older...

a_odessey
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
this has probably been asked before, but i couldn't find where, anyways if naruto failed the academy exams 3 times, wouldn't that mean that he's 3 years older than everyone else?

Y
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I always figured he just volunteered to take the exam early and failed it a lot.

Mut
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Naruto is 12. He probably just entered the academy 3 years earlier.

Assertn
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
or.......the exam doesnt just take place once a year

Jaredster
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:01 PM
I am going to have to go with Y The Alien's theory.

Dezalanel
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:42 PM
I think Assertn and Y both have it right...he probably took it early and you probably can take it more than once a year like the Chuunin Exam is twice a year.

Omri
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:48 PM
In the anime it's someone said that there is 2 Chunnin Exams in one year.

Lostprophet8
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:16 PM
At my high school, we started taking our graduation tests at the junior level. This was to ensure that everyone could have several tries to pass the exam. I assumed that ninja high would work the same way.

jing
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
I doubt they get several tries for the exam, because then Sasuke would have passed the first time.

It's probably because he entered the academy 3 years earlier than everyone else. He's parentless anyways, start early.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Speciely since everybody hated him its not like he could play with other kids so why not go to the academy earlier.

Y
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by: jing
I doubt they get several tries for the exam, because then Sasuke would have passed the first time.

It's probably because he entered the academy 3 years earlier than everyone else. He's parentless anyways, start early.

This is possible, but why do you think Sasuke would have chosen to take it early? He doesn't seem very show-offy or outgoing early on.

Rek
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:07 AM
yeah.. because even when he was assigned to team 7, he said, " They willl just slow me down, and stop me from my goal."
not to mention Itachi was anbu at his age, so he woulda tried to take it early

Bobacahog
Wed, 03-02-2005, 01:18 AM
He prob took it early. Didn't Itachi graduate super early cause he was amzingly bad ass? If my memory serves he did, which means it could be possible to test earlier than your "last" year at the academy at age 12

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Something tells me that they probably bend the rules for stand out cases like Itachi.

moogie-
Wed, 03-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Naruto is 12. He probably just entered the academy 3 years earlier.

i agree, -the most simple explanation

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
nopre, they all gradute at the same time, but there are several exams each year...
in episode\chapter 1 they said that becuase of naruto, everyone has to retake the exam, even those who already passed...
the 'who passed first' part is saved for times of deciding on the teams.

jing
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
nopre, they all gradute at the same time, but there are several exams each year...
in episode\chapter 1 they said that becuase of naruto, everyone has to retake the exam, even those who already passed...

they said that? seriously......

Jman
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM
so what about the old genin? you know the one who wore the tie to the chuunin exam.

Dezalanel
Wed, 03-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z

You are way off. They had to retake the TEST they took that day as review for the EXAM. So you are saying everyone in Itachi's class graduated when they were 6?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
so what about the old genin? you know the one who wore the tie to the chuunin exam.

Haha, I love that guy, I wanna see him in a story arc.

theshikamarupirate
Sun, 03-06-2005, 09:14 PM
he is parentless they needed some way to watch him so they let him in early

[NSA]Crash
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:19 PM
yep well i have to go with Mut@t@ thats the way isee it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Naruto is 12. He probably just entered the academy 3 years earlier

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
arnt there certain grades or lvls at the acadmey though? so naruto shouldnt be able to take the test if hes not good enough the first year he entered...then again during lik ep 1-2 (dont remember) when naruto took the exam he still didnt kno bushin-no-jitsu. another question:

Was the exam test always on bushin-no-jitsu? since naruto seemed to kno how to transform (Sexy-no-jitsu)

Shippou-sama
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I first thought he joined early, but in all the flashbacks, he was still in the same group of kids as he is now. Also, if he had failed multiple times, but graduated the year he was supposed to (when all the other students were nearly the same age), then he probably wouldn't have been called such an idiot (not that they wouldn't have called him one, it just wouldn't have been as big of a deal).

I can't really figure it out either, as for the first few episodes, I thought he was 3 years older than all the other genins. So far it seems like you just take it more than once a year.

Or maybe the author just doesn't care.

ChaosK
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by: Shippou-sama
I first thought he joined early, but in all the flashbacks, he was still in the same group of kids as he is now. Also, if he had failed multiple times, but graduated the year he was supposed to (when all the other students were nearly the same age), then he probably wouldn't have been called such an idiot (not that they wouldn't have called him one, it just wouldn't have been as big of a deal).

I can't really figure it out either, as for the first few episodes, I thought he was 3 years older than all the other genins. So far it seems like you just take it more than once a year.

Or maybe the author just doesn't care.

if u cud take it more than onces per year dont u think sasuke and sakura would've passed first time? they're both extremely good at studies it showed that sasuke was #1 in the finals and we kno sakura is really smart

Werder
Sun, 03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Sasuke and Sakura are good and smart - but that doesn't mean they were as good before the year they took the academy exam, which would mean soemthing like they didn't feel they were ready to take any exam before then.

In Naruto's case, he believes he's always good enough, which would mean he'd probably attempt the exam every chance he got. It seems you can take the exam any time you want seeing as there are several cases of exceptional ninjas of a young age. His classmates would think he's an idiot (because lets face it, he is) because they would've known he had taken the exam so many times, since they probably remained in the same class the whole time, beignthe same age group... make any sense?

You know in one of Sarutobi's flashbacks with the 1st and the 2nd - am I right in thinking he was made Hokage then (they say something like, "Tomorrow, you will be Hokage") and he looked pretty young, like about Naruto's age or slightly older??

ChaosK
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: Werder
Sasuke and Sakura are good and smart - but that doesn't mean they were as good before the year they took the academy exam, which would mean soemthing like they didn't feel they were ready to take any exam before then.

In Naruto's case, he believes he's always good enough, which would mean he'd probably attempt the exam every chance he got. It seems you can take the exam any time you want seeing as there are several cases of exceptional ninjas of a young age. His classmates would think he's an idiot (because lets face it, he is) because they would've known he had taken the exam so many times, since they probably remained in the same class the whole time, beignthe same age group... make any sense?

You know in one of Sarutobi's flashbacks with the 1st and the 2nd - am I right in thinking he was made Hokage then (they say something like, "Tomorrow, you will be Hokage") and he looked pretty young, like about Naruto's age or slightly older??

umm... dont u think that sasuke to live up to his brother being such a great genius and wanting to kill his brother would've tried to take the exam soon too? and u said that mayb they were only smart that 1 year? that doesnt really make sense considering the fact that sakura's reputation is that shes book smart. 1 year doesnt really give u that reputation does it? then again it could...

and in the flash back, when u said sarutobi was only naruto's age...? i remembered it to be that he wuz much older than naruto. By lik at least 10 years or so.

this jus sparked a couple of questions in me... how come they chose a 3rd hokage wen the first was still alive? i mean wen the 1st and 2nd die and theres only 3rd choosing a 4th then wud be understandable but choosing a third while theres still 2 of them? and how come the 2nd hokage didnt look younger than the first? if anything he looked older... do hokages have to go to the next generation or cud i be to 1 above its own? finally, what if that wasnt a flash back but merely what he visualized of what the previous hokage's would've said to him to take up the responsibility of guarding the village?

a_odessey
Sun, 03-13-2005, 08:54 PM
naruto can't be older than the other kids because on this shonen jump thing, it said some stuff about kakashi, naruto, sasuke, and sakura and it said that they were all pretty much the same age (but it said that sakura was older than sasuke, i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif )