PDA

View Full Version : Naruto The Movie: Cinema Edition 2!

Yondaime
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Reported by: Tazmo on Monday, February 28th, 2005 at 01:01PM
TV Tokyo has graced us with a poster of sorts and a firm release date for the next in the lineup of Cinema edition Naruto movies! The movie has a confirmed release date of Saturday August 6th, 2005! Very few other details about the movie are known but we hope to have more of them later today so keep checking back. For now we can show you a poster released by TV Tokyo earlier today.This is the second Naruto movie to be released in theaters, the first released last August will be released on DVD April 28th. It will likely be more then a year until this movie is out on DVD, so until then we can have fun speculating!

http://www.narutofan.com/_content-images/naruto_movie/movie2_poster.jpg

i think the guy at the bottom either has the sharingan but i doubt it....its more like Kuranie's eyes....and Gaara is in the movie with Shikamaru...well we can ignore Sakura but i don't see Sasuke anywhere....do you think this movie is after the time jump?

Sidnne
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
From the poster it looks like they took a trip to Medieval Europe to fight some evil knights. Looks a little like Naruto meets Record of Lodoss War.

Its not after the time jump because they are still younger and in their old gear. It is probably from that point in the Manga after Naruto came back from fighting Sasuke to before he left with Jiraiya.

Mut
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
lol, where the hell is Sasuke and Kakashi?

Assertn
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
cmon muts, cant you tell that this is supposed to take place after sasuke leaves?
hence gaara being in there with his new outfit

needless to say, the poster looked really gay with naruto vs the link wannabe until i looked up to see gaara and shikamaru
finally more supporting character involvement in something that isnt from the main storyline

Prof. Chaos
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Before time jump, but after Sasuke leaves. And Gaara's coloring looks a little gay. Too white, not enough of the regular skin color.

Yondaime
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
and plus notice the animal at the back...do you think it could be one of the other youma?? well its true that Naruto and sakura are in their old gear...but if you remember Gaara actually had his outfit changed before the time jump...so i am thinking maybe the movie does not go with the story line of the Anime.

Jman
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:50 PM
anyone know what type of animal that is in the background? When did namco give rights for their characters to be used?!?...IMO that kid w/the sword looks like a bootleg Raphael from Soul Calibur.
Gaara of the desert needs to get more sun. Sakura looks prepped to do nothing.
Anyways this better not lead to any filler eps in the anime.

jing
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:56 PM
raphael looks nothing like the kid.

Assertn
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
anyone know what type of animal that is in the background? When did namco give rights for their characters to be used?!?...IMO that kid w/the sword looks like a bootleg Raphael from Soul Calibur.
Gaara of the desert needs to get more sun. Sakura looks prepped to do nothing.
Anyways this better not lead to any filler eps in the anime.

since when did namco own rights to "the ferret"?

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, am I the only one who thinks that the second naruto movie looks really really dumb.

WTF, what do medieval knights have to do with the ninjas? I can't wait to see how they explain this one.

Assertn
Mon, 02-28-2005, 08:54 PM
they already had naruto vs jetpack-nins
so why not warrior-nins?

Souryusen
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: Narutofan.com
Interesting to note it does not look like Uchiha Sasuke or really any other character we are used to will be making an appearance.

No robo-snowboard-ninjas and no CHIDORI MADNESS??? I'd rather watch Fushigi Yuugi with a group of 12 year old fangirls.

Woah... not a bad idea...

kAi
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Synopsis:
One day Naruto who has the Kyubi sealed within was training with the holder of Shukaku Gaara with Shikamaru and Sakura watching on. After about10 minutes Kyubi and Shukaku had a plan to escape from their prisons, when it back fired and took them four ninja's to the Medieval Europe, where their new battle begins against Knights and the such....

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 02-28-2005, 09:43 PM
I wonder if the third movie will have Naruto and Pakkun joining forces to battle Itachi in space with chakra powered robot mech suits.

greateachermin
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:54 PM
OK! Am I the only one who thinks this looks cool. It got me excited, and I cant wait to see what happens. The folks at the studio knows what they are doing, this is a pretty good mix with medeval knights vs ninjas. Dont you wanna see how they match up?

Mut
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
cmon muts, cant you tell that this is supposed to take place after sasuke leaves?
hence gaara being in there with his new outfit

needless to say, the poster looked really gay with naruto vs the link wannabe until i looked up to see gaara and shikamaru
finally more supporting character involvement in something that isnt from the main storyline
Yeah, but everyone else is stupid and lame. Kakashi and Sasuke are the only cool ones, and they are missing.

Roko
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
Its not after the time jump because they are still younger and in their old gear. It is probably from that point in the Manga after Naruto came back from fighting Sasuke to before he left with Jiraiya.

awwww, that means sakura's weak!! weak!!! she won't be able to do anything...

Assertn
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
shikamaru and gaara > kakashi and sasuke

quartz
Tue, 03-01-2005, 03:26 PM
anybody know where i can get the movie of naruto with the snow princess?

Y
Tue, 03-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: quartz
anybody know where i can get the movie of naruto with the snow princess?

yeah, in the opening post where it clearly says the first movie isn't on DVD yet and thus can't be subbed yet.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
you can't get it yet. Hasn't been released on the internet. You can look for it in april when it comes out on DVD. Then we all get the subbed pirated version.

Y
Tue, 03-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
you can't get it yet. Hasn't been released on the internet. You can look for it in april when it comes out on DVD. Then we all get the subbed pirated version.

thanks for this post that says exactly what I said, only again.

RasenDori
Tue, 03-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
Before time jump, but after Sasuke leaves. And Gaara's coloring looks a little gay. Too white, not enough of the regular skin color.

the sand gaurds gaara from the harmful UV rays from the sun. lol

anyways, if japan can have modern day ninjas that use ninjutsu, why cant europe have modern day knights that use magic?

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Yesh sorry, I posted it second after you posted your response.

Deblas
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
wow..kickass. I don't see kakashi anywhere so I think its after the time jump

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:22 PM
It is before the timegap, Look at the outfits. Sakura's and Narutos are still the same.

Deblas
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:32 PM
look at garaa's outfit. It changed. I guess it could take place in the middle of the timegap.

Dezalanel
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Gaaras outfit changes before the timegap and then changes after the timegap.

kaigan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:42 AM
where is sasuke?

he's off to suck oro's fking snaky balls. that's where he is. and gettng screwed by oro's snaky dick. fking hobo.

i am disappointed that i didn't see kakashi though.

Psyke
Fri, 03-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by: Deblas
look at garaa's outfit. It changed. I guess it could take place in the middle of the timegap.

It's before the time gap. Sakura and Naruto never met during the time jump. As for the movie I think it will be a disappoint, like most of the old DBZ movies which always end with the bad guy dying and good guys not doing anything productive.

PSJ
Fri, 03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet

thanks for this post that says exactly what I said, only again.

and this post is so much better eh?

this looks really retarded, and i thought the first movie was the shit. now this is a completly new level of suckyness.

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:36 AM
FUCKING FINALLY other characters than just team 7.

Gaara and Shikamaru will be sweet to see in some non-story stuff. YEAH!

Insomniac
Sat, 03-05-2005, 08:31 AM
obviously this is in those years between the time jump and the end of the sasuke saga, personally i would rather see a movie about Kabuto or Anko then one of these half assed movies where Naruto always beats the bad guy (ie jump 2004) even though they're obviously way stronger then him, and not only does he beat them - its with brute strength too, never intelligence or strats

Assertn
Sat, 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM
what saddens me though........
is that they'll probably make gaara lose in a fight in this movie i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

JusDaMan
Tue, 03-08-2005, 06:13 PM
synopsis of naruto vol2 the movie... I directly translated this using a translating site so i duno what in the world is going on...

3 people of the ÊëÈ ·«Þë cherry tree had accomplished the duty which delivers the pet of the lost child to a certain village. Is, but that midst, attack of the unit which boy horseman Æà¸ó of puzzle leads is received. With extreme battle, 3 people who become disjointed. You challenge ÊëÈ to the battle of Æà¸ó, end of the tremendous crash, with the Æ à gin fall down from the cliff. Furthermore, you take and, the enormous portable fortress appears before the eye of ·«Þë which is left. In order to grasp situation, it disappeared ·«Þë to the fortress independently. As for ·«Þë fearfully the spectacle which the ‹ should is witnessed there......

basey44
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
lol so wtf does that mean

Assertn
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:34 AM
someone tried a site like that once for a previous naruto thing.....it was called babelfish or something.......

anyway narutofan has a more sensical translation:

Naruto, Shikamaru, and Sakura are on a mission to return a lost pet, BUT in the middle of their journey an enigmatic boy knight commands a group of temu people to attack them. Because of the hard battle, the 3 get all roughed up. In a final effort to end the battle Naruto goes all out on the Temu people, but then falls off of a cliff with them. Faced with a huge moving fortress infront of him, Shikamaru has to rescue them. In order for Shikamaru to get a hold of the situation, he has to infiltrate the fortress. But in doing so, Shikamaru witnesses a frightening scene....

basey44
Wed, 03-09-2005, 01:34 AM
naruto getting butt fucked? thatd be pretty frightening

Roko
Wed, 03-09-2005, 02:34 AM
we prob won't be able to see sakura kick ass w/ her insane power and med jutsu..too bad, i can't wait to see her in action

Psyke
Wed, 03-09-2005, 04:23 AM
I'd predict the last 10 min of the movie will be Naruto powering up his Kyubi chakara and defeacting the last boss with a single attack. Always the case for anime movies.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Is it just me or does the movies plot sound like really really bad fan fiction.

Grrrrrr I would love to see something more relevent to the naruto storyline enjoy a theatrical treatment. Like maybe an extended Kakashi Gaiden. Or better yet a nice movie detailing the life and times of the 4th hokage leading up to the sealing of the demon fox. If you really want to go back into the naruto timeline how about a nice movie detailing the exploits of the first hokage. We could see how he ended the great ninja war and established the leaf village.

greateachermin
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Nah, i think the anime will do all that, i'd prefer the anime over the movie anyway because i dont live in japan, and it will come out on dvd like a year later....
the movie is like a break from the main story line... i think its cool
because its like link vs naruto, ninja jutsu and shinobies vs magic and knights

Deblas
Fri, 03-18-2005, 12:16 PM
basically. The Naruto movies are just really long fillers.

Assertn
Fri, 03-18-2005, 01:02 PM
i dunno, but apparently the 1st naruto movie made #1 in the box office

Deblas
Fri, 03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I didn't say they were bad fillers.

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
A lot of kids who have not grasped the concept of "good story" yet watch Naruto. Hence #1 box office.
Though of course, the true fans watch it regardless of it sucks or not. Another reason right there.

Btw after reading the synopsis I laughed like a maniac.

Shukaku: Listen to this mate
Kyuubi: What?
Shukaku: I have the coolest idea to get out of our hosts
Kyuubi: Yeah?
*boom*
Naruto: What the fuck are we doing in Europe?

I mean seriously that's not even funny. AND IT'S TRUE!

ChaosK
Fri, 03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
A lot of kids who have not grasped the concept of "good story" yet watch Naruto. Hence #1 box office.
Though of course, the true fans watch it regardless of it sucks or not. Another reason right there.

Btw after reading the synopsis I laughed like a maniac.

Shukaku: Listen to this mate
Kyuubi: What?
Shukaku: I have the coolest idea to get out of our hosts
Kyuubi: Yeah?
*boom*
Naruto: What the fuck are we doing in Europe?

I mean seriously that's not even funny. AND IT'S TRUE!

LOL terra u have a great imagination, these movies may be fillers but its not lik they stop the anime for the movie so the movie probably has nothing to do w/ the anime...

EDIT: except of course the char. and stuff i meant the story will be unrelated.

basey44
Fri, 03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
lol omg terra im laughing my ass off, mostly because i can really see the movie being like that

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-19-2005, 04:24 AM
snow princess movie is the first one, it was not released yet, but it should be out in a month or two...

and really, if they are gonna have ninjas fight non-ninjas, couldn't they pick a better target? something like a pirate or aliens? even fighting the shinsengumi would be cooler than lame ass medevil european knights...

isn't the animal in the middle Temari's weasel? i kinda reminds me of him... but since Temari isn't there i guess it ain't it.

Psyke
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
snow princess movie is the first one, it was not released yet, but it should be out in a month or two...

and really, if they are gonna have ninjas fight non-ninjas, couldn't they pick a better target? something like a pirate or aliens? even fighting the shinsengumi would be cooler than lame ass medevil european knights...

isn't the animal in the middle Temari's weasel? i kinda reminds me of him... but since Temari isn't there i guess it ain't it.

Pirates and aliens don't exactly cut it either, but I agree that fighting medival knights suck.

greateachermin
Sat, 03-19-2005, 05:14 PM
what else does europe have thats as cool as ninjas.... nothing... the only thing close is knights....
but its still alot better than robin hood

Deblas
Sat, 03-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by: greateachermin
what else does europe have thats as cool as ninjas.... nothing... the only thing close is knights....
but its still alot better than robin hood

Vikings? Mongols maybe?

basey44
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:48 PM
lol
naruto 3: the invasion of france

edit: if third movie ends up like this u guys owe me $20, all of you

Dezalanel
Sat, 03-19-2005, 08:48 PM
lmao....Mongols....you fool, those are from Mongolia which is in ASIA.

Deblas
Sat, 03-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
lmao....Mongols....you fool, those are from Mongolia which is in ASIA.

No shit Asshole, I take history! I couldn't think of anymore guys from Europe that Naruto can fight so I jumped to Asia. Maybe Nazis. Does that suit your taste better.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-20-2005, 05:43 AM
that actually can work, it'll show a hitler look-alike (which will be called Itleru) who wants all the advanced bloodlines to form his super race of super human with super powers to make his super army supreme.
and once Itleru kiddnapps neji, Hinata and Sasuke Naruto has to gather his non-bloodlined friends like Gaara and Kakashi to go and beat the shit out of Itleru, who reveal himself as a super robot with energy blasts!

basey44
Sun, 03-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
who wants all the advanced bloodlines to form his super race of super human with super powers to make his super army supreme.

lol thats almost orochimaru

Death BOO Z
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:31 AM
only instead of being a sissy homo-fag it'll be a shory ari guy with a muscular mustach...

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
lol that sounds lik something from terra's "adventures of sakon -z-" but besides that i jus wanted to say kakashi has a advanced bloodline too even though technically its not his... i still really lik terra's explaination. and about knights being stupid yes they r but since this is anime i'm betting they're not normal knights, ovbiously they have some sorta magic thing.... ok i jus had 1 of those vision things that terra had wen he suggested his theory, naruto's rasengan (I KNO I CANT SPELL OK?!) against some knights mystical sword attack i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

then again dont take my ideas seriously since half the time i dont even listen to myself speak... i kinda drift in and out