PDA

View Full Version : Episode 19 Discussion

PSJ
Sat, 02-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Anirupt and Seed-fansubs has released their subs, grab them wherever you usually do.

kaigan
Sat, 02-26-2005, 04:27 PM
hope shinn die.

Deblas
Sat, 02-26-2005, 05:03 PM
don't get your hopes up.

Mut
Sat, 02-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Shinn sucks. What a cry baby pussy character. He makes Kira look cool.

Munsu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Kira was cool though... i dont know what you guys didnt like about him.. he was the man...

he screwed a girl... killed a kid... killed Shinn's family... owned everyone in SEED... come on.... you cant deny that Kira is the man

kaigan
Sat, 02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Kira was cool though... i dont know what you guys didnt like about him.. he was the man...

........... i am confused, we LIKE kira, we HATE fking shinn the fking prick.

Deblas
Sat, 02-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Its Mut@t@ who's the only one who hates kira so don't pay any attention to him

Mut
Sat, 02-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Kira is a vag. Yes, he kicks major ass but that doesn't change the fact that he is a sandy vagina.

Shinigami
Sat, 02-26-2005, 09:43 PM
hey, there might be some people out there tht loves sandy vaginas, not me but there is a possiblility of others........lol

Deblas
Sat, 02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I don't like sandy vaginas, but I do like kira.

jing
Sun, 02-27-2005, 01:14 PM
http://a.scarywater.net/ach/

ep 19 is out, by this sub group

there is an HTTP link in their irc channel
#anirupt
irc.rizon.net

i don't want to give out the link. so go grab it yourself. i wouldn't distribute an http link in a forum because it will go down really fast.

ill be back in 20 minutes to tell you how good / bad it is.

intense
Sun, 02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
is it any good? because it seems like a speedsub.
P.S. Rey is gay. *and it rhymes too*

Barumonk
Sun, 02-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by: intense
P.S. Rey is gay. *and it rhymes too*

Its not just Rey, every male character in ZAFT seems to be gay for the chairman right now. Although Rey was just disturbing, I thought he was suddenly revealing that he was a girl in disguise.

jing
Sun, 02-27-2005, 01:51 PM
The speed sub isn't horrible. I haven't finished watching it thought, but i can say its decent

PTX-003C
Sun, 02-27-2005, 04:09 PM
finished watching at 5am this morning...^^b(canadian pacific time)

new suggession: Rei is our mister chairman's son(daughter?)
or sunrise is now trying to develop the new BL line....=.=b

i don't like the artist for this phase....everyone looks like a girl...=.=b
look at Athrun and Rei....=.=b
btw...Athrun DOES look like a girl in the first place...
she looks absolutely like the little girl in Onegai Sensai...

P.S. how many girls is Athrun trying to hook...=.=
first is Lacus from SEED(she's now with Kira...)
Luna and Marin are both trying to grab him...
not to mention our Miss Mia...she's so annoying...

4 girls...is 4 girls.....gee.....Athrun....you little....

idontnoh
Sun, 02-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Chairman is deceiving Athuran so bad and he doesnt even realize it...What happened to you Athuran?? He was so much more insightful earlier in the series and in SEED...but he's still a PIMP!

Mut
Sun, 02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Athrun is going to have a four some with Mia, Lunamaria and her teeny bopper friend. What a gangster.

danholo
Sun, 02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
The AniRupt version of this ep is good. Nice to see a speedsub like this.

Aeon
Sun, 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Seed Fansubs (http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2019.avi.torrent) ep is out

Munsu
Sun, 02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Spoiler...

lol Rei is a fag.... all you Rei lovers.... take that

jing
Sun, 02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
damn i thought he was cool
damn the producers of the show... they are messed in the head.

Deblas
Sun, 02-27-2005, 09:03 PM
gotta watch out for the quiet ones.

kyubisrage
Sun, 02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
I waited i thought we would discover rei was some way a girl. Maybe deeping her voice. What a fucking fruit cake. WOw.

kaigan
Sun, 02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
wow..... rei................wow

no comment, since the producer is so messed up, they should kill off that prick shinn.

Aeon
Sun, 02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
I always knew Rei was a girl and this ep just proved it. She prob just want's to sleep in her own bed for the night. And Mia(I don't wanna call her Meer,what kinda name is that) singing and dancing were just as funny this week as they were last week.

kyubisrage
Sun, 02-27-2005, 11:48 PM
A girl? How is he having such a deep voice? Aren t grils supposed to have breast unless she is titless.

Barumonk
Mon, 02-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: kyubisrage
A girl? How is he having such a deep voice? Aren t grils supposed to have breast unless she is titless.

Surgery, Gene Alteration; You know how Coordinators like to do those kinds of things.

kyubisrage
Mon, 02-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Why????/

kaigan
Mon, 02-28-2005, 12:48 AM
TITLESS? 0_o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!1

Wren
Mon, 02-28-2005, 12:58 AM
0_o is all i have to say about the whole rei-chairman situation....

but asuran seems to be taking after Kira in the pimping lol.

XwingRob
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah that Ray scene was a little disturbing. Mu La Flaga must be rolling in his grave(if he is really dead, heh). By the way, I don't think Ray is gay, but come on, its not like the Chairman was his father and they haven't seen each other in a decade or something.
Anyways, I think it was pretty much confirmed tonight that the Chairman wants Lacus Clyne dead-"Just wanted to talk to her about coming back to PLANT"... yeah sure you just want to talk with her. *winK wink*

Wren
Mon, 02-28-2005, 02:04 PM
lol they just make this chairman mroe and more shady, and give us less and less reason to trust him, but nothing beyond intuition to back it up----id say makes for a good char :-P keeps you guessing

Shanekun
Mon, 02-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I think that ep was funny ^^

a total out of the line Athrun not much more doing than studdering around (Uhm.. well... yeah... no... but.. uhm..) ^^ did you watch his eyes when the fake Lacus showed up and Dullindal explaind that they ALL are invited to stay, and that Meer and Athrun should have dinner together? He had to fight the tears! ^^

Although it becomes interesting now since Shinn seems to know Meer. But his reaction was funny when he put his hand in front of the mouth like "UGH a pink Ginn, i'm gonna.. *bluaaargh* "

BTW who thinks Arthur (yes our little wannabe XO ) deserves a punch? i sure do!

Another scene: Where Meer dances on the Ginns Hand and the pilot inside is swinging to the beat operating it. The my imagination went wild for a second to an alternation of that ep, where he pushes the wrong button: *SPLOOORTCH!* and the crowd screams LAAACUUUUUUSSS-SAAAMAAAAA! while her guts are spread over them.. gnahahaha

And about Dullindal and Rei: They are brothers. They have to be. That was the typical "I will do everything for my brother! Nii-san loves me! I have to be good so nii-san will notice and respect me! YAY Nii-san is speaking about me! NII SAAAAAN! *hug* "

Anything else would be plain... weird.. and.. disturbed.. but they could turn out to be something like "bright and dark side of a coin" if you know what i mean. Dullindal plotting and deceiving like nothing, Rei, the goodhearted young man blindly following him till he discovers truth and so on..

Man i should apply for the job a s a Gundam series storywriter...

Terracosmo
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:18 PM
lol I had a WTF all over my face when Rey had that scene. For several reasons. First he called Gilbert "Gil", second... the blushing chins. And third... the jump?!!!

OMG... well, not bad. I love Rey as a character regardless of his apparent love for Gilbert, but I was really surprised.

Haine Westenfluss looks pretty cool so far. Shinn was a lot more polite for once. Good.
Meer's boobs have a life of their own. Teehee.

Anyone caught Shinn's face when Meer and Athrun was gonna go for dinner? Looked hilarious for some reason...

PSJ
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
great ep this certainly brought the show back up fomr last weeks ep.

some moments i was ready to puke tho. first the pink zaku, its just disgusting. then theres arthur who seems to have the mental age of a 12 year old chick. and meer when she ran in the corridor screaming in the end.

asuran pimping as always "lets go over here" and then leading meyrin there. lunamaria got pissed quite a few times. and the expressions when dulinandal told asuran and meer that they could have dinner, shinn was like "wtf?" lunamaria was like "im going to kill that bitch" and asuran was just his normal "oh my god please no". noticed how asurans face suddenly became twice as long, haha that expression was priceless.

shinn acutally being polite for once and haine seems to be pretty badass, i think he knows about meer to. it was interesting how dulinandal explain the whole war industry thing to.

i seem to be the only one thats not suprised by rey's love for "gil". remember the very first ep when dulinandal walked through the factory grounds and rey saw him? he got one of those i love you expressions right there. but i have to say that this butchered his character quite a bit.

Munsu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:56 PM
well we are not really surprised for rey's "love" for gilbert... what surprised me was the fruit reaction he had... that's what takes the cake...

Curium
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I wonder if anyone picked up on either of the times that Athuran inadvertently called out Mia's name. Obviously Dullindal covered it up quickly the second time, but one would think that one of the people standing right next to him would be curious.

Mainly, I just felt like saying I'm looking forward to episode 21. The Preview for 20 didn't look that good. It focus' WAY too much on Shinn and the way Shinn thinks. I'll still watch it, but I'm not waiting impatiently for that episode.

intense
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:00 PM
hahah well im waiting impatiently for eps 22-23. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

and this episode was ok. another stupid meer on prozzak, and some other stuff.
funny how all these girls are going after athrun. haha.. wonder if kira will steal any again, just like how he stole enough girls in GS.

Curium
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:06 PM
I guess it was ok. The first 3/4 of 19 annoyed me. Mainly it was because my exectations were high. With the title Unseen truths I expected something new. Everything they discussed was obvious stuff. The name and/or term Logos was teh only thing worth anything.

The only part of the episode that I felt was worth the time to watch (again just feeling the disappointment for missed expectations) was at the end when Dulindall asked about the Archangel. First the look on Dulindall's face was rather telling. Also when Athuran suddenly feeling the need cut himself off when he mentioned Kira's name.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Okay well first of all I think you guys are getting waaay too dramatic over this Rei thing. In the first couple episodes when Rei, Dullindal and Neo were all around eachother there was tons of little flashy newtype(not to be confused with the coordinator thing cause thats the seed) things going off. So maybe Rei and Dullindal were really close friends or maybe they're cousins....yea you get the point they're closely related(maybe not through family) and they also both have some type of relationship with Neo.

Secondly, for the love of god, during Gundam SEED there was a terrible group of fan-subbers that butchered the names of almost all characters. I watched this sub, then later reading a magazine called Newtype, which basically covers all things anime here and Japan, they did a piece on Gundam SEED with the CORRECT names. Currently, Animeone is using the correct names so since thats what everyone watches could we please use those names.

Athrun is not: Asuran, Athuran, whatever the correct spelling is A-T-H-R-U-N.

Cagalli is not: Kagalli, Cagari, Kagari. The correct spelling is C-A-G-A-L-L-I

Right now there are two names in Destiny that have been annoying me as well;

As far as I know Rei is the correct one, not Rey. And Meer(where the fuck did you get that?) is Mia.

....meh great episode, Rei's still badass. I guess according to you guys the only way someone can be badass in an anime is if they show no emotions.i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Curium
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
As far as I know Rei is the correct one, not Rey. And Meer(where the fuck did you get that?) is Mia.

I may have misread the way you said this, but since I think you asked I'm answering. Meer is the way that AonE /AKingdom are spelling her name. Sure sounds like they are saying Mia though.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Seriously though, wtf is Meer? It's not even like a name.

Wren
Mon, 02-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Okay well first of all I think you guys are getting waaay too dramatic over this Rei thing. In the first couple episodes when Rei, Dullindal and Neo were all around eachother there was tons of little flashy newtype(not to be confused with the coordinator thing cause thats the seed) things going off. So maybe Rei and Dullindal were really close friends or maybe they're cousins....yea you get the point they're closely related(maybe not through family) and they also both have some type of relationship with Neo.

Secondly, for the love of god, during Gundam SEED there was a terrible group of fan-subbers that butchered the names of almost all characters. I watched this sub, then later reading a magazine called Newtype, which basically covers all things anime here and Japan, they did a piece on Gundam SEED with the CORRECT names. Currently, Animeone is using the correct names so since thats what everyone watches could we please use those names.

Athrun is not: Asuran, Athuran, whatever the correct spelling is A-T-H-R-U-N.

Cagalli is not: Kagalli, Cagari, Kagari. The correct spelling is C-A-G-A-L-L-I

Right now there are two names in Destiny that have been annoying me as well;

....meh great episode, Rei's still badass. I guess according to you guys the only way someone can be badass in an anime is if they show no emotions.

when you think about it its all transliteration anyway; the real names are in JAPANESE so if we understand who your talking about i guess i dont mind what you call them.

Oakleya
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:52 PM
This is most disturbing episode.... i guess this will be plot of each character goes opposite ways..

anime050
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
This was a pretty wierd ep. Like... wtf was up with that blonde haired guy hugging the chairman =/.

Shinn blushing = no thnx.

Fake Lacus = Annoying.

GLS
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Meer is a dumb name.
anyways... interesting episode. Obviously, Luna was upset with Athrun dating Mia. And now Meryin is taking an interest into him.
Athrun's the man!!!

Roko
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:55 PM
due to this ep, rei is no longer my fav char -_- i thought he was cool too with that white zaku and expert marksmanship (wtf was with that blush when he saw the chaiman???) i agree w/ gaaralovessand, Athrun's the man!!

Rina
Tue, 03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Personally I am hoping that the next episode will be better. This was a decent and funny one, but still not too good.

What I really want to see is Kira getting some more action. Well more precisely I want to see:
Random battle field:
Shinn looks at Freedom.
Shinn: You! You killed my family, I will kill you!! <add some dramatic music and scene>
Impulse goes for Freedom and try to slice it.
Shinn: DIE!
Freedom moves, bitchslaps Impulse, kick him in the back, and destroys Impulse's hands/legs/head.
Kira: *sigh* Seems like Zaft doesn't do the gundams like they used to. Well I better hurry and finish here, or else I will not bang Lacus tonight. She was going to use lingery again.
Meanwhile Shinn is crying and cursing the big, bad gundam.
Also Lunamaria starts thinking about getting a piece of Freedom's pilot tonight. (even if it is really a banana)

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:26 AM
I don't understand why you guys think this butchers Rey's personality, are you all homophobics?

So sorry he isn't your stereotypical silent badass 100%. I think this adds new depth to him AND the show...

miaka
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:32 AM
hmm i don't know about other names.. but i know there are no "th" sound in japanese... so there is no way his real name is Athuran.. the correct spelling is ASURAN...

@_@ and rei hugging him made me think he was a girl... @_@ and what's with asuran not saying no to any girls.? i mean he is engaged after all...

and what's with everybody thinking asuran is engaged to lacus? is that from seed.? (still haven't caught up with that..)

XwingRob
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Yes, Athrun was originally engaged to Lacus Clyne. However, it was an arranged marriage type deal. I think they were gonna be hitched because their genetic makeups would make a very good offspring or something.(Or maybe it was just for politic reasons, I can't exactly remember at the moment).
Of course, later in the GS Athrun falls in love with Cagalli, and Lacus became fond of Kira, so the arranged marriage was dropped. I guess it was never officially announced in the PLANTs however.

Barumonk
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Technically it couldn't have destroyed Rey's personality, he had none to begin with. Every episode he either uses one or two word responses or yells at Lunamaria in the middle of combat. This episode was the most we've ever seen out of him. The Lacus x Athrun engagement is left over plot from SEED. Lacus and Kira only got together really after Lacus had already left PLANT, so the majority of the masses know nothing of Athrun's relationship problems with Lacus. As far as they know, Lacus and Athrun were always an item.

bluemercury
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Athruns face was the best when Mia apered at the begining of the eps, he almost look like he was going to run to his quartoers screeming, and try to hide under his pillow. and is it just me or did Steller seem even more out of it than normal in the eps.

Munsu
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by: miaka
hmm i don't know about other names.. but i know there are no "th" sound in japanese... so there is no way his real name is Athuran.. the correct spelling is ASURAN...

that doesn't mean that the correct way of spelling Smith is Sumisu...

PSJ
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
first off just stop with the names, spell them how you want it doesnt matter.

and Xwingbob, lacus and asuran was engaged purely out of political reasons since a coordinator is altered before its born so technically they dont need to breed good offsprings since they can fix it however they want anyway.

i dont understand why you think its so bad with an ep of character development, i my opinion ep 18 was way worse than this. if you like mindless fighting and no character development watch something else.

NM
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Saw the episode yesterday, pretty good. Hehe, looks like all 3 girls are trying to get it with Athrun now but who would've thought Luna's sister was trying to also? I still don't get the Meer thing...is that supposed to be Mia's middle name or something? Still no Kira/Freedom action though. Next episode looks like its all about Shinn's past, cant wait for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

@Bluemercury: Stellar is always like that when the environment around her is peaceful.

Btw, does anyone know where I can get the upbeat version of Shizukana Yoru Ni that Mia is singing? I have the original one but this new upbeat one sounds good.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I don't understand why you guys think this butchers Rey's personality, are you all homophobics?

So sorry he isn't your stereotypical silent badass 100%. I think this adds new depth to him AND the show...

Yeah they could be a family or old friends. Also they cant be gay since the chairman is with the minerva captain.Even if they were who cares.

I liked that Rey showed emotions for once,its alot better than bieng silent all the time.

PSJ
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:09 AM
you didnt notice that meyrin was interested in asuran? i noticed that like the first time she saw him. what are you half asleep while watching?

@NM stellar is like that when she sees the ocean, for some reason she likes it.

Knives122
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:27 PM
yeah it was a good ep. I was suprised to see Athrun solute to greg, but seeing how more or less Greg has been in FAITH longer than Athrun its understandable.

and Yeah I sort of knew Luna's sister was into Athrun too(everyone is). but Meer/Mia whole little act and singing with the "heys" and "Laucus sama" is starting to get really annoying, she does the same song all the time, she needs more material.

Rei getting all giggly and stuff was understandalbe if they're brothers(it was the older one praising the younger one, and they usually get like that in shows), but if they're not then it was weird(but they most likely are)

XwingRob
Tue, 03-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

and Xwingbob, lacus and asuran was engaged purely out of political reasons since a coordinator is altered before its born so technically they dont need to breed good offsprings since they can fix it however they want anyway.

Ah okay, I guess I've been reading too much Dune lately...

Terracosmo
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I swear to God there will never be an episode of any anime EVER without some person not being satisfied... damn, you have to actually try to get disappointed in something as much as some people do. There was nothing wrong with this episode, "there was no action" is NOT a valid argument. If there was action all the time, there wouldn't be a show. Stupid kids.

intense
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I swear to God there will never be an episode of any anime EVER without some person not being satisfied... damn, you have to actually try to get disappointed in something as much as some people do. There was nothing wrong with this episode, "there was no action" is NOT a valid argument. If there was action all the time, there wouldn't be a show. Stupid kids.

Its soooooo true. like cmon. People always asks for character development, but when it comes, everybody says its boring since theres no action! but then when there is action, everybody complains that there isnt a lot of character development for the multiple characters in the show. A very good example of this is next episode where it is suppose to be a character development for shinn, now all the shinn haters are complaining for more Kira and also that it is going to be a very very very boring episode since it is mostly dialogue. And then, when Kira and co. has screen time, everybody complains that there is lack of shinn since he is the main character of this new show. If you people dont like kira, then dont watch the show, because like it or not, kira is going to be in it, since it is a sequel to GS. If Kira wasnt in this series, then it wouldnt be called "Gundam SEED 2" since it would be called something else like Gundam GX845736(random numbers). And when there is shinn, people complain there there is too little of kira. Make up your mind people!

JEEZE... if you people have a problem, then dont watch the show!

Aeon
Tue, 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Screw Kira and Shinn, I just wanna see Steller.

GLS
Tue, 03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
Btw, does anyone know where I can get the upbeat version of Shizukana Yoru Ni that Mia is singing? I have the original one but this new upbeat one sounds good.

I'd like to get that song, too. Although, I dont think the song will be quite the same w/o seeing Mia's boobs bounce around i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Deblas
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Though Im still a little disturb about Rei's umm....affection.

Knives122
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
OH BROTHER!!!!1
http://img208.exs.cx/img208/4038/ohbrother1rl.jpg

Deblas
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
lol. I just can't see that part and not think what a homo!

kyubisrage
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Dido Look at the fruit cake.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I dont like the preview.......

I wonder when Kira and co will do something in the war,they cant just hide for ever.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:55 AM
That screenshot is SO going to be my new avatar when the uploading works again.

Munsu
Wed, 03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
to each his own... fruit

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
So, was I the only one who thought that Sting's glasses were awesome?

I only now thought of that he actually quoted Crot from the end of Seed (kill or be killed)

Shadow Skill
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I see Terra is still here.

Cion
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Has anyone thought about this?

In ep 8 at the end when Kira and Shinn meet.
Shinn sees Lacus for a moment, so is this why he
is confused at the "Lacus" scenes a bit in this ep? Or hasn't he
seen the the resemblance between the two?

I think he should had rememberd that meeting maybe not.

Curium
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by: intense
And then, when Kira and co. has screen time, everybody complains that there is lack of shinn since he is the main character of this new show.

I can honestly say I have NEVER heard anyone complain about not enough Shinn.

Also, I don't think anyone mentioned whats her name that is now a photographer. Do you think she will try to sneak into the base? She does know Athrun. Seemed like she realized that it wasn't the real Lacus up there too.

XwingRob
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:27 AM
I suppose its possible that she might do something, of course I seriously doubt it as well... I mean she had like what... 4 lines for the last 10 epsiodes of Gundam SEED?

kaigan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:38 AM
shinn is a fking retard, kill him off from the show.
oh also rei too, he used to be cool until now. what a fking hobo.

that screen capture of hobo rei is priceless. it shows why he must die.

Knives122
Wed, 03-02-2005, 07:17 AM
So, was I the only one who thought that Sting's glasses were awesome?

I only now thought of that he actually quoted Crot from the end of Seed (kill or be killed)

his glasses were allright, but for some reason they all look really weird:
Auel looks like a jedi
Steller looks like a ballarina(sp?)
and Sting looks like some weird rave person(probably someone you would like terra) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan

How about you die first, immature homophobe fuck?

@Shadow Skill: Of course I'm still here. Why wouldn't I be? ;D

kaigan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:01 PM
whatever you say terrafag.

kinggalaxia
Wed, 03-02-2005, 02:12 PM

wow.....terra defends Rey's sudden change and suddenly terra's gay. You're fucking smart, asshole!!

and get this.....WE DON'T KNOW IF THEY'RE A GAY COUPLE YET!!!!

gawd, I know it's a possibility but it ain't the answer yet!

fucking homophobes and your bias-fucked opinions, calling ppl 'fruit' and 'fag', just cuz they dare think differently

and in case ur wondering, I'm gay and loving it. Anyone who thinks I should die & go to hell? well, me & Satan will be waiting for ya.....what-the fuck-ever

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd write some essay-length post regarding the immense idiocy of kaigan's last input, but seeing as they will be wasted words I will not waste my time.

Rey's added depth has made this show a lot better for me actually, he's a central character, and I'm glad they decided to do something "special" instead of the usual 100% silent badass cavemen type that people like kaigan seem to preferably settle for

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:42 PM

Ban please?

jing
Wed, 03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
kaigan you seem to dislike everything about this anime.

just what exactly do you like about it.

PSJ
Wed, 03-02-2005, 05:36 PM
hahhahahha this sure got funny i guess kaigan got mad since Rei changed from the silent badass type that turns him on to something diffrent. oh well you cant get what you want all the time.

i like how auel, sting and stellar looks. it somehow shows their past and their life they live, just real twisted. i mean they are used solely for piloting mobile suits and killing. stings glasses made imh look awesome.

Knives122
Wed, 03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
i like how auel, sting and stellar looks. it somehow shows their past and their life they live, just real twisted. i mean they are used solely for piloting mobile suits and killing. stings glasses made imh look awesome.

are you saying that the way how Auel dresses, means that he was a jedi? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kinggalaxia
Wed, 03-02-2005, 06:54 PM
hahaha.

I don't care if he looks like a Jedi. Just seeing plenty of skin from him is fun for me :-)

Board of Command
Wed, 03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't bother to read the first 5 pages, so this might have already been mentioned.

OMFG REY IS GAY!!!

No, not that actually, this:

Dulindal's speech sounded just like that book 1984. I'm sure lots of you here have read or at least heard about it - "War is Peace" It's a true masterpiece. He talks about how war is needed to control the society and how war is intentionally waged for that reason, except in Destiny they literally do wage war. Omg I can't believe how much he sounds like O'Brien. I really hope the rest of the story is a 1984 ripoff, it would be interesting to see a 1984 style Gundam series.

kinggalaxia
Wed, 03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
I didn't bother to read the first 5 pages, so this might have already been mentioned.

OMFG REY IS GAY!!!

No, not that actually, this:

Dulindal's speech sounded just like that book 1984. I'm sure lots of you here have read or at least heard about it - "War is Peace" It's a true masterpiece. He talks about how war is needed to control the society and how war is intentionally waged for that reason, except in Destiny they literally do wage war. Omg I can't believe how much he sounds like O'Brien. I really hope the rest of the story is a 1984 ripoff, it would be interesting to see a 1984 style Gundam series.

O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoa, ur right

RJLupin
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't know if this was already discussed in another thread, but I think Dullindal is planning to kill the real Lacus. I mean, he has a fake little Lacus doing anything he says in order to keep everyone on his side, so if the real Lacus happened to come back and disapprove of this (or someone notices), he would be in real trouble. He doesn't need the real one anymore. I'm actually feeling a little sorry for Mia, the Chairman's making her think it's for ZAFT's good, she's being used, and she will probably never develop her own personality because of that. I disapprove of anyone who says she's totally enjoying herself.

At the time Kira and Lacus were targeted by ZAFT mobile suits, I was blinded because I really thought Dullindal was trustworthy, but that little smirk he had when he told Athrun he would let him know if he found the Archangel made me think about it. I can't wait for the next episodes to find out.

I also have the impression Athrun is a little bit off things lately. I don't know if he's that much worried for Cagalli, but he often looks surprised when someone talks to him, as if that just woke him up or something. Does anyone think the same way ?

I was really surprised by Rei too. I was starting to doze off and wow, it was like having cold water splashed on my face XD. I'm not disappointed at all though, it gave me a good laugh. This episode had quite a few hilarious moments, and I still laugh out loud while recalling them. Like the face Athrun pulled when he saw the pink Ginn, he had WTF written all over him ^_^

Deblas
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:10 PM

we get it kaigan. you hate shinn. I hate shinn. But half of your GSD post are saying that they should kill off shinn which obviously won't happen since he is the main character no matter how much you hate him. Though, I think he's maturing as the series develops.

kyubisrage
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
To the person who said shinn saw lacus. Good point I never thought of it that way.

Roko
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: RJLupin
I don't know if this was already discussed in another thread, but I think Dullindal is planning to kill the real Lacus. I mean, he has a fake little Lacus doing anything he says in order to keep everyone on his side, so if the real Lacus happened to come back and disapprove of this (or someone notices), he would be in real trouble. He doesn't need the real one anymore. I'm actually feeling a little sorry for Mia, the Chairman's making her think it's for ZAFT's good, she's being used, and she will probably never develop her own personality because of that. I disapprove of anyone who says she's totally enjoying herself.

i have a theory: what if, as a deal, Mea would do what the chairman wanted and be Lacus but Dullindal had to kill the real Lacus so that Mia could keep being Lacus for the rest of her life? you gotta admit, a lot of ppl want to b famous and rich and all, especially since mia said she was a nobody from some small town

NomoZ
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah that thought crossed my mind too. It would certainly add some depth to her character instead of just being a puppet.

kaigan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM
the serie will completely die when rei and the chairman are seeing in bed. well, terra will watch cause he likes that kind of thing.

wow.....terra defends Rey's sudden change and suddenly terra's gay. You're fucking smart, asshole!!

hey terra, maybe you can ask this guy to relieve you when you are stressing out. he seems to like you.

Board of Command
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok enough of this bs. Kaigan thinks Terra is gay, but Terra and his buddies don't think so. Well guess what? You're both anonymous, so it's not gonna get resolved on a forum. It's ok if you're homophobic, but don't overexert it.

And I really like that theory on Mia's deal with Dulindal. It would make sense for a Lacus look alike to want to be the real Lacus.

XwingRob
Thu, 03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Rei is not gay.
Rei is no different than Stellar when it comes to Neo. (And Neo seems like the noble type of person who won't have sex with minors). She is just programmed, and I think Shinn will break that programming.
Now yes, Rei does act weird towards Dullindial because he's been programmed to. You don't see Rei acting like that around anyone else, do you? I think Rei's programming will be broken by Lumnaiaria. Or... he'll get killed defending Dullindial, who, I'm convinced, is evil.

Roko
Thu, 03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Dullindal doesn't have to be evil...he just seems to be a coordinator who would do anything to keep PLANT safe, even assasinate Lacus for Mia, assuming that my theory is correct

XwingRob
Thu, 03-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Nah, man he's evil!

EVILLLL!!!

EEEEEVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*falls over*

Roko
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:11 AM
you should add that to your crazy theories list, XwingRob =P

kaigan
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:26 AM
i am not homophobic, i am just simply saying that episode 19 ruined rei's image for me and that he/she(i dunno anymore) should be die. then terra coming out and start this homo shit, i don't care if terra is gay, that's his business.

Everyone stop going off topic. Thanks.

GotWoot Moderator

XwingRob
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I guess I should add and change some things.

I actually haven't watch or read Naruto in a while. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kinggalaxia
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:33 AM
c'mon guys.....Dulindell has to be evil and/or deviously good. His VA is Shuuichi Ikeda.....AKA Char Aznable!!! mwuhahahahaha

TeknoXI
Thu, 03-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Very nice 1984 reference. I thought it sounded very familiar while I watching the episode but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Dullindal has to be evil. He's doing all this stuff to be seen as a good guy, but we've all seen him sleep w/ Minerva's Captain and questioning about the Archangel. Why does he question about it now? Is it because Freedom showed up and his assasination plot failed? Couldn't he have just asked Lacus at the very beginning, because he obviously knew where she was. He went to the whole trouble of creating a fake Lacus.

Btw, I'm very confused on Mia's/Meer's name. Which is it? I hear Mia...but I can also hear Meer...I just don't see Meer as a real name...

Yeah, to the person who said Shinn saw Lacus with Kira at the monument on Orb: I didn't remember that. This is probably why Shinn has the weird look on his face and slightly confused/jealous thing going.

I'm still awaiting the episode when Kira owns Shinn. <sigh>

Roko
Thu, 03-03-2005, 02:37 AM
sure Dullindal coulda asked Lacus...but which would you choose: Lacus all the way over at orb w/ the earth army in the way or Mea who's on plant? And if Mea reveals that she's a fake, Dullindal would be done, so to hold up his end of the bargain (again assuming that my theory is correct), it would be in his best interest to finish off Lacus asap

NomoZ
Thu, 03-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by: kinggalaxia
c'mon guys.....Dulindell has to be evil and/or deviously good. His VA is Shuuichi Ikeda.....AKA Char Aznable!!! mwuhahahahaha

HOLY CRAP! I never realized that before. Dullindal just got bumped up a couple pegs.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by: NomoZ

HOLY CRAP! I never realized that before. Dullindal just got bumped up a couple pegs.

How could you not notice that? It's like the awesomeness of a lifetime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TeknoXI
Thu, 03-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by: Roko
sure Dullindal coulda asked Lacus...but which would you choose: Lacus all the way over at orb w/ the earth army in the way or Mea who's on plant? And if Mea reveals that she's a fake, Dullindal would be done, so to hold up his end of the bargain (again assuming that my theory is correct), it would be in his best interest to finish off Lacus asap

Well, EAF wasn't in the way yet. Remember, Athrun was able to travel back to PLANT. This was when he met Mia/Meer. So there wasn't enough tension yet to prevent Lacus from returning. I think it's odd that he'd take the risk of making a fake Lacus with the possiblity of the real one to expose it. I mean, seriously, I'm sure Dullindal knows all about Kira and Freedom and how they're insanely powerful. Does he really think it'll be that easy to take down Kira and the Archangel? There has to be some other motive to making a fake Lacus than needing "Lacus's power" to calm the people. Maybe he's having an affair! We can't rule this out because of all the sleeping around he seems to be doing...

kinggalaxia
Thu, 03-03-2005, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by: NomoZ

How could you not notice that? It's like the awesomeness of a lifetime

for sure! and if it's true that Dullandil IS sleeping with the Minerva's Captain, Talia Gladys....well here's another VA tidbit, just to fuck w/ ur heads

her VA is the same as Kycilia Zabi's. LOL

Mae
Fri, 03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Caught up again... who is Kylicia Zabi?

Man, who DOESN'T love the chairman? A least a dozen yaoi doujinshi must have been launched by this ep alone... I'm not sure whether or not he'll turn out to be strait up evil. I'm thinking that it's likely more complicated then that. Maybe he's just ruthless, willing to go to any length (including killing Lacus) if he thinks it will keep his people safe.... Maybe that's why he gave Athrun that Gundam, because he can't trust his own judgement any more... didn't he say something like that when he gave Athrun the key?

What I found odd was that Phantom group suddenly attending Mia's concert. How, why, and when did they show up? Weren't they on the other side of the world or something? It seemed really random...

Meteor
Fri, 03-04-2005, 08:29 PM
At first, Dullandil seems good and all but he's getting more and more suspicious and cunning. I agree with ya all that he might want to kill the real Lacus.

Also, aren't Athrun in love with Cagalli? It's annoying how the three girls keep attaching themselves to him! Luna and her lil sis is ok.... but Mia, seriously, she keepings on hugging Athrun and stuff, thinking she's his fiancee. She's just so annoying! Btw, can't the people tell that Mia isn't the real Lacus? I mean, just look at all the differences! Mia is wayyyy too genki, the songs are sung differently, and her personality is completely different from Lacus. I just don't understand how the people can't tell she's not the real Lacus. Are they all blind or it's just that Dullandil's too calculating.

I really hope that Lacus shows up soon, with Kira, Cagalli and co.

However, this episode was quite funny. The part with Rei hugging the commander/Dullandil really shocked me. When he's around the commander, he's different. He becomes more open and so happy. I think they might be father/son or sibling relationship. Also the expression Athrun made when he heard of Mia's arrival.

Munsu
Fri, 03-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I hope Dullandal is a good guy... it is toooo easy to make him a bad guy

Roko
Fri, 03-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I agree w/ Bud and Mae about Dullandil, but only time and eps will say
HOPEFULLY he is good and mea is evil; it would b nice to find out that it has been mea all along who has been manipulating everyone

oh, and another thing, doesn't it seem like zaft pilots are weaker than they're supposed to be? I mean, they are genetically enhanced and yet they're pretty much equal to EA natural pilots...

PSJ
Fri, 03-04-2005, 09:52 PM
the EA pilots run diffrent OS in there suits which makes them more mobile and shit, if a coordinator were to jump into one of those suits they would kick ass.

TwisT
Sat, 03-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Then how come the coordinators have not made a better OS then EA?? Since they are smarter and shit they should have the best OS to i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

XwingRob
Sat, 03-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Wouldn't a complex OS like the one used by the Naturals get in the way of the Coordinators?

Er... maybe that's a stupid question...

Terracosmo
Sat, 03-05-2005, 04:52 AM
Damn, I didn't know Talia = Kycilia.

*Imagines Char & Kycilia in bed and cringes*

@Mae: (spoilers of course)

Kycilia Zabi was a badguy from the original Gundam series, the last surviving one and a daughter of Degwin Zabi.
She ended up getting her head blasted off by a bazooka fired by Char, however.
Yummy!

PSJ
Sat, 03-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by: TwisT
Then how come the coordinators have not made a better OS then EA?? Since they are smarter and shit they should have the best OS to

i have no idea, its probably one of those things that just is like that so it can work out normally, if the coordinators would acquire better OS the show would end since they could just crush EA easier than taking a nap.

Guardian_2000
Sat, 03-05-2005, 10:16 AM
The Natural OS isn't really any better than the ZAFT OS. It was a less complicated OS designed to compensate for the Natural inability to use the ZAFT OS. Sorta like dumbing down the mouse sensitivity on your computer in a video game. I usually play with the highest sensitivity yet my friends can't play with that high setting. But they can get a similar result in aiming and movement by dumbing own the setting.

Wren
Sat, 03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
The Natural OS isn't really any better than the ZAFT OS. It was a less complicated OS designed to compensate for the Natural inability to use the ZAFT OS. Sorta like dumbing down the mouse sensitivity on your computer in a video game. I usually play with the highest sensitivity yet my friends can't play with that high setting. But they can get a similar result in aiming and movement by dumbing own the setting.

similar yes, but nowhere nearly as fast at responding; but it is a good comparison id say

Fading_eternity
Tue, 03-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Interesting episode. Pretty deep in my honest opinion. War is a money making business and this theme hits extremely close to home with regards to current events. That's one of the reasons why I love Gundam so much and especially Gundam Seed. They are not affraid to say things as they are. The series does a good job at conveying real life situations in a science fiction platform with fictional characters and an overall fictional world. this underscoring of deeper situations helps to both get a richly objective view of war in general as well as getting a chance to relate true personal feelings regarding situations that are identical to tragic events that are happening now.

As far as Rei is concerned... Wow, I really liked his character until now. Suffice to say, I am dissappointed. Sure his overly feminine reaction to seeing Gill was a pretty big eyesore for me. I liked seeing him as the quiet, studious soldier. I thought he was cool, not because he had virtually no personality. The reason why I liked him was because, of all the new characters, he was the only character on the ship who had a realistic military attitude. Shinn disobeyed orders. Luna was flaunting herself all over Asuran. I thought to myself, at least Rei was reserved enough to not just act any kind of way. He knew the reality of war and faced it with a silent resolve. The bit about him enjoying piano was an excellent touch in my honest opinion. it didnt take away from his militaristic attitude and added a bit of character development to him. However, his jumping up into Gill's arms and blushing pretty much ruined my impression that he was a soldier who knew about how serious war is. To me, what I got from that expression was that this was the true Rei. Some flighty child-like thing who wants to please and doesnt 'really' care about what he's doing so long as he pleases daddy/brother/lover/whatever, and that his whole serious demeanor was just an act put on to make Gill happy.

Understand, I am not displeased that his personality changed so much as I am displeased that his real personality is quite different from what I both assumed and was pleased with.

But, ultimately, it's still a great series and the message is strong enough and clear enough that I will continue to enjoy the series. BTW I hope they don't do a personality flip w/ Sting. He's another new character favorite of mine who I hope keeps his head out of the clouds and in the cockpit during this conflict.

Optimaximal
Wed, 03-09-2005, 05:44 AM
what I gathered from Seed was that the Natural/Earth Alliance OS was that it was basic, bloated and dumbed down for naturals (basically, the Windows 98/ME of mobile suit control) whilst the Zaft setups were much more powerful, responsive and complicated (think Windows Server 2k3/Linux) i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif