PDA

View Full Version : dattebayo?

nests
Fri, 02-25-2005, 01:51 AM
It just acuurred to me now that naruto is licensed, if they are going to make him sound as annoying as he is in japanese.
What I mean is that in japanese almost after every sentence he says dattebayo. which doesn't really mean anything.
so what could be the equivalent to that when they dubbed (butcher)it in english.
The closest thing would probably be saying "you know" after everything.

Psyke
Fri, 02-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Just a note...... the Chinese translation in the manga, which have been around since the start, does not have any translation for 'Date bayo'. Naruto speaks perfect Chinese! : )

nests
Fri, 02-25-2005, 09:37 AM
the english manga dosnt have it either wich makes naruto less anoying than he is supposed to be

kuro
Sun, 02-27-2005, 02:41 AM
i dont know about the rest of you but i think if that were removed it would be an improvement. hes got enough annoying traits as it is

You've been here since May of last year. That is over seven months of using these forums. I cannot believe that you've yet to pick up on no animated avatars rule. Fix it ASAP or you'll going on a vacation soon.

GotWoot Moderator

EDIT: fixed. sorry i haven't logged on in quite some time and my avatars been the same so i just left it alone. btw is there a problem with the avatar uploading cause i wasn't able to upload any avatars

That will be fixed soon. The admins are working hard.

GotWoot Moderator

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 02-28-2005, 02:42 AM
I don't really think it would be an improvement if it were dropped. I mean, Kishimoto created the series and the characters, and if that's how he created his character to be, then that's how they are and should be, and shouldn't be edited for others preference. And as for what they will do with it, it's not something that can be directly translated and then said in English, so most likely they will just not have an equivalent being said in the English dialouge.