PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars ep III screenshots

Mae
Thu, 02-24-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm sure a lot of you have seen these already since the link was posted on /., but here it is link (http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/) just in case.

So, ep I sucked, II a little better, maybe they'll get it down by III? The opening battle scene looks cool, Yoda fights again, and Anakin, previously a wuss, turns evil. I'll see it.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 02-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Weird, I liked ep.I more than ep. II, which seemed to me as if Star Wars had previously been a videogame and they had decided to make a movie out of it - Tomb Raider movies level of suckiness, in other words.

Not that I liked episode I that much either...

But I'll be damned if I don't see this one. It may or may not suck, but I ddin't see IV, V, Vi and I and II for nothing. Even if the last two have been bad, I just wouldn't miss Vader's birth.

anime050
Thu, 02-24-2005, 09:54 AM
How did they get these screenshots? O_O

KitKat
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
I love the original trilogy. Episodes I and II were very disappointing, I found, however I watched them because they are Star Wars. And I will watch this one too, whether or not it sucks, for the same reason.

kAi
Thu, 02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
exciting stuff
can't wait to see it

the original trilogy is great, V and VI my faves hard to choose one.

r3n
Thu, 02-24-2005, 11:28 AM
strike back is the best of the lot. ep 2 was absolutely terrible purely because anakin just CANNOT ACT. i could do a better job than he did, ytf they picked such a shit actor i do not know. ep1 was OK, hopefully the dude that plays anakin has had some acting lessons for 3.

Assertn
Thu, 02-24-2005, 12:33 PM
ok im sorry, but when i saw obi wan's hair style.....the only thing i could think of was this

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/6786/kipjedi9kk.jpg

Souryusen
Thu, 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Looks like that cage fighter training might come in handy afterall.

Anyway.. I don't have high expectations for this film... Ep I was disappointing and Ep II was god-awful... here's hoping Lucas can turn it around.

Knives122
Thu, 02-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: anime050
How did they get these screenshots? O_O

basically over the time when it was announced and now there have been leaked images that were basically given to us by GL(the ones on the site), there are more(which I've seen), but there not on there

but there are going to be alot of fights in this movie here are the ones that I know of(lightsaber duels)

obi/anakin v dooku
anakin v dooku
obi v grevious I(maybe)
yoda v sidious(palpetine)
mace v sidious
sidious v posse(mace brings four other jedi with him)
anakin v mace
obi v grevious II(this will happen)
obi v anakin(suppose to be the best out of all the movies, and a lot faster)

Rek
Thu, 02-24-2005, 03:50 PM
http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/anakinnightmare.jpg

he looks alot like luke... especially like that

Assertn
Thu, 02-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by: Souryusen
Looks like that cage fighter training might come in handy afterall.

haha, yep.....and they better watch out.....he's looking pretty TO'ed right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Board of Command
Thu, 02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Damn, *major* leakage from Lucasfilms. I'm interested as to how Palpatine suddenly turned so ugly after putting on the cloak in the latter pictures.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 02-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
strike back is the best of the lot. ep 2 was absolutely terrible purely because anakin just CANNOT ACT. i could do a better job than he did, ytf they picked such a shit actor i do not know. ep1 was OK, hopefully the dude that plays anakin has had some acting lessons for 3.

I couldn't have said it better. That part in Ep. II, when he's srying 'cause he killed all of the... things (forget their name) that captured his mother; his acting was so damned bad there that it sounded more like "OMG I killded them im such a MEANIE!!!! ;-((( " . I mean, how can he manage to sound like he's posting a blog at livejournal?

Really. He's a terrible actor and he's not handsome enough for him to be there because of looks, so why, why did they choose someone so bad?? Just because he looks like Luke? I bet you could find three Luke look-alikes in whatever Con you attend to and they could act way better that that idiot.

Deblas
Thu, 02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
a terrribler actor with a LOT of money. Life's not fair.

Raven
Thu, 02-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Woah... somebody's gonna get slaughtered by George for this leak... basically we know the entire plot now. It didn't happen exactly the way I predicted it would, but I still think it should be a fairly good movie. Looking forward to it I suppose.

Souryusen
Thu, 02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Supposedly Hayden was quite good in Shattered Glass... I've not seen it but I'd be quicker to point the finger at Lucas' direction than Christensen's acting.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen that movie yet.. actually, its the first time I've heard about it in my entire life, truth to be told. But Lucas' directing wasn't so bad in the first three episodes, so why the leap?

Also, didn't Leia say at some point that she remembered her mother as being a very sad woman? How come Padme dies after giving birth to the twins if Leia's suppossed to remember her?

Board of Command
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:20 PM
I read this back in '02 prior to Episode 2 release (this is paraphrasing, I can't quote 3-year-old articles):

"They basically picked Hayden because there was some instant chemistry between him and Natalie Portman."

So ya, there you have it, the reason for Hayben's hiring.

Lefty
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Woah... somebody's gonna get slaughtered by George for this leak... basically we know the entire plot now. It didn't happen exactly the way I predicted it would, but I still think it should be a fairly good movie. Looking forward to it I suppose.

Thats an under stament. Leaks of screen shots and production photo's will end that persons carear. It has to be some one on the editing staff. But yeah we now know the entire film and wont need t owast like two hours of our lives seeing a film that most like will have it's good points but suck over all.

TruthofMistake
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
well while the first three where a hell of a lot better then the 2 new ones.... that take place before the old ones.... ill still see this one because like i think it was winged dancer? (no short term memory sorry) said iv seen all the others and hey darth vader is a badass you have to see how he came about... besides there is tradition in this me and my friends watch every starwars movie out and then go see the newest one its usually fun even if it does take longer and longer each time

Souryusen
Thu, 02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
I haven't seen that movie yet.. actually, its the first time I've heard about it in my entire life, truth to be told. But Lucas' directing wasn't so bad in the first three episodes, so why the leap?

Lucas only directed the first movie... Empire and Jedi were directed by others. My guess is that somewhere between '77 and when Ep. 1 came out Lucas went batshit. No.. wait.. given all the "improvements" he's made to make the original trilogy like he always envisioned it.. Lucas has always been batshit.

edit: Ep. 5 was directed by Irvin Kershner and Ep. 6 by Richard Marquand

basey44
Thu, 02-24-2005, 11:11 PM
yea i agree with WD, im gonna see this for the sake of seeing it. ive seen the others why not see this, and its always fun to watch a character plunge himself into darkness

SK
Thu, 02-24-2005, 11:21 PM
ill watch it.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Lucas has always been too caught up with the special effects. I'm sure if they had the technology in the 70s and 80s the original trilogy would've sucked as well. It was due to the lack of technology that Lucas was able to focus more on the story.

Ioz
Fri, 02-25-2005, 05:50 AM
ok no one knock me for this but i've never seen the original star wars trilogy and i fell asleep during episode 1.

Lefty
Fri, 02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Falling asleep during Ep one I cannot blame you for but not ever seeing the orginal trilogy is just kinda odd nowa days. It's like a set event in a childs life they see star wars a star trek and are tested to see if they will become super overly obsesed fan boys or normal people.

Assertn
Fri, 02-25-2005, 12:46 PM
haha.....so true lefty........

Hikyuu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 03:34 PM
bah I got an error forbidden what not .. bs .. Oh well.. it doesnt like my firefox..