PDA

View Full Version : Saddest Moment(s) in a series ***SPOILERS***

Board of Command
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:05 PM
I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so I'll just start one. I'll list mine.

-Akemi's death in Saikano (IMO saddest moment ever in anime)
-3rd Hokage's death in Naruto
-Lucy remembering her past (interpretations of it, not the actual flashback) in Elfen Lied

anime050
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, we should spoil every fucking thing in a series, great Idea BoC.

Assertn
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:17 PM
the saddest moment in naruto is when sakura dies

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I totally agree with anime050 on this. This is just going to be a giant spoiler of series for people who haven't seen series that people havn't seen.

Board of Command
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Didn't consider the spoiler part, so I guess it'll be pretty hard to get around that for a topic like this. I wonder which forum this should belong in.

jing
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:29 PM
No were?
I guess......... put a spoiler tag in the title?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 02-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll just name the series, cos I can't even remember what particular parts I found sad...the ones I remember had numerous sad parts anyway...

X TV and Elfen Lied are the ones I remember most...heard Grave of the Fireflies is extremely sad as well, bought that a while ago but I've still not got round to watching it...

ShadowWhisper
Thu, 02-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Chrno Crusade is the saddest anime i've seen so far!

LinSanDesu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

what do u mean she dies? i have seen all the current episodes, and when does she dies? omg she dies? i go cry now!!!!
really sad anime is voices of a distant star, and fruits basket, good stuff!

Mut
Sat, 02-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by: LinSanDesu

what do u mean she dies? i have seen all the current episodes, and when does she dies? omg she dies? i go cry now!!!!
http://img226.exs.cx/img226/5886/joke7ts.jpg

kAi
Sat, 02-26-2005, 01:30 AM
hahaha, that's awesome mut.

on topic.
Cowboy Bebop: When spike goes bang, and dies.
That was an awesome scene.

LinSanDesu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: LinSanDesu

http://img226.exs.cx/img226/5886/joke7ts.jpg

thanks for clearing things up, i like the pic to

Captain Grammar
Sat, 02-26-2005, 02:26 AM
I got kind of emotional over the Battle of Bridge arc in Naruto. Those were the best episodes of the series.
I felt bad for Vash a million times in Trigun. Poor bloke.
The ending to Gungrave was beautifully done.
Oh, and I agree about Spike's death. That was an awesome ending to that series.
Evengelion was a terribly depressing series with only faint glimmers of hope.

That's about it, I guess.

SK
Sat, 02-26-2005, 01:37 PM
AHHHH spike dies!!!! i never got to see the last episode....
i thought the zabuza and haku was pretty sad.

Jin234
Sat, 02-26-2005, 03:52 PM
when wolfwood in trigun dies such a dramatic moment i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif and spike in cowboy bebop

moogie-
Sun, 02-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Cowboy Bebop - when spike dies.
He was the coolest character.

Xollence
Mon, 02-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Elfen Lied when all those people die at the end and Evangelion the last episode when Asuka dies?

Raven
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Putting a spoiler tag in this topic does absolutely nothing, because there's no way you can possibly know what you are being spoiled about. I haven't yet watched Cowboy Beebop (yes, kill me if you want) and now I know what happens in the end. I think this should definitely be locked.

Psyke
Mon, 02-28-2005, 04:16 AM
Gunslinger Girls when Claes mind went dead.....
Actually all the girls had a sad story behind them, especially Henrietta.

Bishounen
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:10 PM
Tch.

It's simple, really. If you don't want to see a spoiler, you don't have to read this thread. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

And Spike's death at the end of Bebop... definitely saddest yet coolest ending ever, IMHO. Zabuza and Haku's story was rough too.

Munsu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
all you guys have to do to preven this is put a spoiler warning in your post with the anime you are gonna spoil, for example...

Spoilers for Chrno Crusade

When Chrno and Rossette die together

End Spoilers for Chrno Crusade

simple no?

LinSanDesu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
all you guys have to do to preven this is put a spoiler warning in your post with the anime you are gonna spoil, for example...

Spoilers for Chrno Crusade

When Chrno and Rossette die together

End Spoilers for Chrno Crusade

simple no?

damn that sucks major ass. now i want to go see chrno crusade really bad. also a really sad moment is during the chunin exam in naruto. when both naruto and sasuke is knoced out and the sound nins come. it was a really major break through moment for sakura. i like the "look at my back" episode. that's not really what it's called i think.

Raven
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by: Bishounen
Tch.

It's simple, really. If you don't want to see a spoiler, you don't have to read this thread.
By that logic nobody should ever read this thread. No one person has seen every series ever.

Mut
Mon, 02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Iceman has owned you. What the hell were you thinking challenging him?

Foomanchew24
Tue, 03-01-2005, 12:55 AM
the sadest moment is when any good series ends or ends too soon.

Bishounen
Tue, 03-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Heh. What do you mean, "Nobody should ever read this thread"? I don't mind spoilers, hence, why I read. I was merely remarking on the people complaining about animes they've not seen completely being spoled. Tch.

I stand with my original statement. If you don't want to see a spoiler, you don't have to read the thread. Those of us who don't mind... feel free. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Paithan
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
The ending of Samurai 7 really got to me. Seeing those graves with the swords sticking up. Thats what i call a sad ending.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:47 AM
spoiler*****

The saddest moment to me was near the end of hikaru no go when the hikaru lost his friend and couldnt find him, really sad.

Mae
Fri, 03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I found all those scenes where he was searching in every plce he could think of very sad/sweet.

As for the saddest part of any series I will have to go with the end of Cowboy Bebop too... But not just for the death. What really got me was that through the whole series Spike wasn't really living... One of the things I loved about this anime was Spike's free spirit and Devil-may-care attitude, just going day to day seeing what the next day will bring. The voice actor did a great job of putting this into his speech (one of the reasons I don't like the english dub), he always sounded like he was slightly amused by everything going on around him... But in the end you find out that he had a care-free attitude because he really DIDN'T care... because he felt that his life was already over and he was just watching a dream... I found this even sadder then him knowingly going to his death.

Although that last scene was pretty damn sad too (Me: No! Spike-kun! Wah ;_; !!! Roommate who doesn't watch anime : WTF is wrong with you? Me: WAH!!!! Roommate: OMG, why I am always stuck with the crazy ones...)

TruthofMistake
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:22 PM
my votes to when spike dies... one of the few times watching someone die has made me sad and when wolfwood dies althought that wasnt so much.... still pissed because they were my fav. chars though why couldnt they kill someone else!

jing
Fri, 03-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
spoiler*****

The saddest moment to me was near the end of hikaru no go when the hikaru lost his friend and couldnt find him, really sad.

that is sad...... damn.. its not fair how sai dissaperead like that "hikaru, its been fun"

Board of Command
Sat, 03-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Wow, this thread suddenly got revitalized.

Anyways, I watched Gungrave a week ago. The part of the flashback in the ending where Harry and Brandon first meet at the orphanage was very sad.

-"Hi! I'm Harry MacDowel. What's your name?"
-"Brandon...Brandon Heat."

joker-kun
Sun, 03-06-2005, 04:37 AM
I was gonna post when this thread was started...but didn't...but i'll agree with half the ppl in here --> Spike: "Bang" *then falls to ground*.

Another one that nearly drew a tear was in Scrapped Princess when her mother was in the cell beside her.

Lastly, in One Piece, Nami's past, enough said.

I still gotta say Spike was saddest.

Aeon
Sun, 03-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Spoilers for Chrno Crusade and FMA.

Nothing is more sadder then seeing Rosetta confess to Chrno that she really didn't wanna die and that all she wanted was a little more time to live. What makes it even more sad is the fact that during the whle series she accepted death till the time came.

This might've just been sad for me but Hughes being killed in FMA was sad to me cause he was such a great character.

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by: anime050
Yeah, we should spoil every fucking thing in a series, great Idea BoC.

ROFL

Double ROFL with cheese @ Mut's pic too

And yeah, as someone said, Grave of the fireflies is very sad. I actually cried when sawing it, granted I was a few years younger.. but I'd probably cry today too i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DorkLotus
Sun, 03-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Saddest moments in anime would have to be these three:
*WARNING SPOILERS*

Spike's death at the end of Cowboy Beebop (julia's too but mainly spike)
Woolfwood's death in Trigun (the conversation between merryl and millie arterwards was sad too)
Kimishima's death in s-CRY-ed (kazuma just kept on walking)

ChaosK
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
yeah i'll go with spike's death in beepbob and wolfwoods death in trigun. also i wuz thinkinig about lik the final episode of gundam seed (not destiny) where everybody dies, its confusing but for some reason triggered something inside me that kinda make me think it wuz sad.

Munsu
Sun, 03-20-2005, 10:17 PM
you know... saying Warning Spoilers in your post is pointless if you dont say what series you are spoiling... since we all know that all these posts contain spoilers...

Hotsuma
Mon, 03-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Excellent. Now I don't have to watch Chrno Crusade OR Saikano. Though, Chrno Crusade hardly seemed interesting enough. (Just give me the episodes where you see Rosette's panties)

And a really sad death in an anime is SUIGINTOU from Rozen Maiden. She was an amazing villain, and her death is just as memorable.

Aramis
Wed, 03-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Zabuza&Haku dying in Naruto...its only right before they die when you see how awesome they actually are.

Whole deal with Asuka in Evangelion... first she keeps failing, then she can't even move her eva, goes into coma, comes back up, fails again, dies.

Mai HiME has a lot of sad deaths, very few or the characters are really evil, and whenever someone loses a fight, one of them has to pay.

Psyke
Wed, 03-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Ok I know it's not a series or even an anime, but I was really sad when Tidus had to leave Yuna and just cease to exist because he was a dream. The tear jerking part was the final scene where he floated down and re-united with his father after hating him for 10 years for the wrong reason. Like I said, not an anime or series but still, sad.

Racso
Wed, 03-23-2005, 02:23 PM
AjuA!!! Que Viva Este TopiC !! I like This Forum!!!

BravoSector
Wed, 03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Elfen Lied- when Kouta's cousin was getting upset that Kouta didn't remember anything. And when those kids beat up that dog during Lucy's flashback (poor dog).