PDA

View Full Version : Manga: D.Gray-Man

kAi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:12 AM
My Review.

D.Gray Man is about a guy named Allen Walker, and it follows his way of being an Exorcist, the people he meets and the Akuma's he kills and the stories with it. They're after the 'Innocence', a power which someone can sync with, and get certain powers and abilities, before The Earl of The Millenium (The Akuma's creator) gets to it first. A good manga being done by the people at Yanime, upto chapter 24, been reading this from chapter 1 release and just wondered if anyone beside Bud and I read it.

Chapter 24 has been released. I don't think they do http release, maybe from somewhere else, i get it on IRC.

www.yanime.com
#yanime @ irc.irchighway.net

Give it a go, you might like it.

Every Chapter released by Yanime on this site, direct downloads.
<u>Click Here (http://animerush.crunge.org/index.php?path=manga%2FDGrayMan/)</u>

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-22-2005, 01:32 PM
sounds intresting thanks for telling us about it.

kAi
Wed, 02-23-2005, 08:22 AM
damn that was a cool chapter by that i mean 25
get it at yanime.

allen cries over an akuma being turned into dark matter.

hurry up people i think you will like this manga.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
I read the first vol and its pretty good even if the main characther reminds me of Ed from FMA.

I like the "imaginery end of 19th century"i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah reminds me of ed aswell
ch26 is out also.

Are you liking, going yo continue?

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Im gonna continue reading it cause i like it so far.

Munsu
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:17 AM
kai... im not in my room right now... but send me chapter 26 by aim.. it's in auto-get...

and yeah, it does remind me of Ed also... he seems to have the same sort of justice and character....

i'm still not convinced about his arm and stuff... it looks damn ugly when it gets bigger than himself...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Its ugly but its a cool arm.

I like the whole world,akuma and stuff.

kAi
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
ch27 is out, argh it's so annoying i think i will wait for two chapters.

not much happens, his eye is healing, and quickly, bit paronoid

Munsu
Fri, 02-25-2005, 07:11 AM
it's cool.. his eye recovering i dont mind.....

chapter was good, especially when he is in the huge croud doubting himself...

oh... and in this chapter it is very evident on why he reminds me of Ed...

kAi
Fri, 02-25-2005, 10:47 PM
damn, another nice chapter 28 is out.

Ed haha, I typed Ed in first so i'm leaving it, heh.

Allen, I think has gotten over it, and Noah's family and the Akuma's straight in for the attack, they waste no time.

And the Bookman is staring down like 5, counting the shadows, I want to see him fight, I'm thinking he's going to be really good. Looks like one of those old Chinese Masters with his hand in his sleeves.

Munsu
Fri, 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
lol yeah... very good chapter...

it looks like almost everyone in the public is an akuma... and that hammer kicks ass

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-26-2005, 06:35 AM
I haven't read 28 yet but what the hell was wrong with Allen in 27 just cause he couldnt see with his cursed eye doesnt mean he cant tell who the akumas are.

I mean all the oher exorsist doesnt have an eye that can tell who are akuma or not.

Also Yanime is the fastet group ever, i mean they realease chapters so fast 28 was out before i finished reading 27i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 08:24 AM
nope... other exorcist cant tell who are akumas and who arent... they only know after action has been taken... for example in the previous arc no one could tell that other guy was an imposter except Allen since he can see who are akumas with his left eye

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-26-2005, 08:50 AM
I mean they can sense when they are gonna be attacked. Like the Rabi he knew who were Akumas cause he sensed their attack.

After reading 28 its good that Allen learned how rest of the exorcist live,waiting to be attacked.

Munsu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 09:55 AM
well it's like asking someone that has used a calculator his whole life, to suddenly do complicated arithmetics in his head...

and as you read in ch. 28, he never relied on instincts... he always used his eye to determine things...

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah it was good for him to rely on his instincts for a change. Who knows someday he might lose his cursed eye for good.

The events in 28 looks like they made Allen more serious about the job thats a good things. Wouldnt wont him saying i cant kill humans when they are up against the Noah or whatever they are called.

kAi
Mon, 02-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Chapter 29:

hmmm seems it's based on one innocence, exorcists get it, everythings ok, the earl gets it, everything is over.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
After reading 29 i wonder two things

who have the heart innocence and what power does that innocence have other than making all other innocences powerless.

It would be boring if a general had it cause it would more intresting if a normal excorsist had it.

Munsu
Mon, 02-28-2005, 10:37 PM
it looks like they'll be defending Allen's master... i hope he is badass

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 07:46 AM
http://timcanpi.net/chapters/DGray_man030.zip

http://timcanpi.net/chapters/DGray_man031.zip

From another group called timcanpi.

Munsu
Tue, 03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
two great chapters... i hate how the call Rinali, Linali though

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Linali didnt trouble me at all cause the quality is better than yanime versions who were lq often.

The story is really picking up.

kAi
Tue, 03-01-2005, 10:29 PM
chapter30 yanime out, the scans are the same quality
they're both lq jump scans, yanime might go back and do hq book scans.

and linali annoys the shit outta me also! i'll stick with yanime

hmm, but not bad chapters, they're both scared.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Sometimes i wish they stoped joking so much in this manga,i mean they are up against a vamp and they play scared when they should be more serious.
The jokes ruins the mood sometimes.

I will stick to whoever is fasteri/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Munsu
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:17 PM
i agree with the jokes... but i would say they are doing a good job handling the humor.. it is very limited, kinda like Bleach type humor...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Its limited yeah but its too much in where there shouldn be any jokes like in chap 31.

I like the humor when they make joke when they arent facing enemies,those times they can joke as much as they want.

kAi
Wed, 03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
well chapter 31 by yanime is out, soon it will be up to where it is in jump, i'm sure.

I don't mind the jokes, i think they make it good, well that's me so, hmm.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I like the jokes too speciely when Kamui is envolved he is great.

Which chapter is the latest in jump?

It will be better when we have caught up to the jump cause then you know you get atleast one chap a week.

kAi
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:29 PM
chapter 37 is the latest raw.

Timcanpi (http://timcanpi.net) have released upto 35 also.
I might go for these not sure yet, but first...sleep.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Wow love that group since they are better than yanime in everything i will definitly go get themi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Thu, 03-03-2005, 11:25 PM
heh, interesting chapter 32 is.
The Vampire Crowley eats through his anti-akuma hand, haha.
and he is in the books.
Kumui is so cool.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Haha

They fight akumas but they dont believe in vampi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kAi
Fri, 03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Chapter 33 out by #yanime @ irc.irchighway.net or yanime.com

New:
Yanime have just released 34-37 go and get 'em!!

yanime.com
#Yanime @ irc.irchighway.net

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Yes!!! i have been waiting for Yanime 35-37 ever since timcampi disgusted me with thier bad translating on chap 32-35.

kAi
Mon, 03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
holy shit, this was awesome.

it seems D.Gray-Man is apart of Allen himself, I've been wondering who/what D.Gray-Man was going to be, Hmmm seems to be his eye and Innocence or something, I think I'll read through again to see if i missed something.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
There was some cool chaps speciely when the skull came out of his eye. Now i want to know so much how he got the d-grayman or whatever he is called,what it is and what powers it gives Allen.

Munsu
Mon, 03-07-2005, 11:27 PM
nice... this chapters were awesome... i want more...

it is sad that we are the only three discussing... make more people aware of it

Hakeem_21
Tue, 03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Who cares as long as we enjoy it also it not just this manga,the hole manga forum is dead except the berserk topic.

Munsu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
ch. 38 out by yanime... another great chapter... go leech

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 02:33 AM
hmmm, Allen can kind of pass his ability over, wierd.

Seems Crowley and Eliade are going to kill each other, but Crowley will most probably live.

Munsu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:21 AM
i think they need each other, so i think that either both die or both live...

Crowley gets his strength from her, and she gets love and admiration in return (recognition)...

relevasius
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:26 AM
I think that Crow-chan may die together with Eliade, it'd be much cooler and would make more sense, since I don't see what his character could add to the story. I wonder if we'll see Eliade say something about how Crowley is the only one who ever truly admired her beauty, or something cheesy along those lines, since she desired that sort of attention from the Earl, I dunno.

edit: damn bud beat me to it

Munsu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:37 AM
hehe... glad to see someone else reading this... it has been only me, kai, and hakeem thus far...

relevasius
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:43 AM
I've been reading since day one, and I always check this thread for release info and stuff, I just rarely ever get motivated to post, haha

But this manga really surprised me, I didn't think it was going to kick so much ass.

Munsu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:47 AM
yeah me neither, kai recommended it to me a couple of weeks back... i read a couple of chapters and cursed at him at how sucky this manga was, i even stopped reading... then i picked it up again and im glad i did, it has really turned into a good story...

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:43 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of Crowley kills her and he has to live with that, knowing that he has killed his loved one.

but yeah, your options seems more likely of what will happen.

Munsu
Fri, 03-11-2005, 05:47 AM
yeah, i believe that is what will happen, but my options are what i wish would happen (for happiness sake)

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Nah you can see from long away that Crow will kill her and join the Allen group. Alteast i hope so cause Crow can become an interesting charachter.

Also i hope that mana doesnt make everyone close to Allen stronger or something, it okay that they can see Akumas but no more.

relevasius
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Do you really want to see some vampire dude skulking around for the rest of this series? He needs to die so they can take his innocence, but if he doesn't I guess I won't really mind all that much.
I just don't see how a guy who has to get that close to an akuma to kill it could be of any use.

Munsu
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
i prefer him dying and the akuma surviving...

if the akuma dies, crowley has to die...

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I didnt say that he wouldn't die just not nowi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Since he didnt even know what exorcist and innocene were before he met Allen and the other guy it not his fault that he didnt see what she were.

I just think he might become an intresting charachter if he goes with them and becomes an exorcist. I mean his anti-akuma weapon is vampire powers.

kAi
Fri, 03-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Chapter 39 out at yanime.com

relevasius
Fri, 03-18-2005, 05:53 AM
well that's exactly what I expected, except for Crowley surviving, but I have to admit that the way he survived that shit was pretty cool. My ownly complaint, thus far is that the artwork is sometimes way too cluttered. It took me a good five minutes to figure out what the hell was going on in the bottom two frames on the first page, but maybe that's just because I'm tired, eh. So, yeah, kick-ass chapter.

Munsu
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:27 PM
man this blew.... how could they kill her???! how???? Crowley has to die now!!

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Hehe you expected the akuma to survive i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

This chap was so cool speciely how Crowley killed her.
Now i hope he becomes an excorsist joins Allens group, i wanna see some vamp jokes.

To me this chap was the first in a while that i could see clearly what was happening.

kAi
Fri, 03-18-2005, 11:42 PM
heh, I knew bud wouldn't like this chapter, but i guessed what was going to happen, so yeah, but if Crowley does go with Allen I think it would only be for a little while and then he will go off like Miranda. Yanime are really pumping out this manga, the raw comes, scanlated comes.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-19-2005, 12:26 AM
I hope he stays for a long time before he leaves. Since he have diffrent kind of innocene like Allen. What are their kind of innocence called ? cant remember the word.

I wish other groups was as good and fast as Yanime.

relevasius
Sat, 03-19-2005, 01:36 AM
parasitic type innocence I believe is what it's called. I really don't want Crowley to join them, and I don't think that he will. As a character he's already been over-exposed, I mean he's the only one who's history we know at this point. There's no mystery to him whatsoever so I don't see why he'd be kept around.

kAi
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:20 AM
and also he wouldn't bring anything to the group imo. He's just not suited to be with people.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
We will what the mangaka thinks about that if he will stay or leave.

relevasius
Thu, 03-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Yeah I guess you're right, but we can dream damnit. Death to Crowley

kAi
Sat, 04-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Well upto 43 has been released, and it's getting interesting.
It's also good to see they don't just stick around Allen, but they go to the other exorcists.

Crowley also went with them, wasn't expecting that, but it seems more plausible now.

Chapter 44 is out.
Yanime.com
#yanime @ irc.irchighway.net

relevasius
Mon, 04-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Man, that is one ugly ass haircut that General Theodore is sporting, but anyways, it looks like we might get some action in the next chapter. I wonder if the owner of the evil eyes is another of the Earl's siblings, but personally I'd rather see a really advanced Akuma.

kAi
Fri, 05-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, chapter 45 has been released by Yanime.
Goto their site.

Chapter talk.

Was a good chapter, heh, I like what Allen has done with his arm, hehe.

Cha[ter 46 &amp; 47 have been released by Yanime, goto their website.

Upto Chapter 50 has been released, and damn it's cool!

kAi
Sun, 06-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Upto Chapter 50 has been released by Yanime, and damn it's cool!

#yanime @ irchighway | yanime.com

relevasius
Sun, 06-12-2005, 11:11 PM
That's some interesting hapennings. The only thing that could make this manga better would be less cluttered artwork; it's next to impossible to interpret some of the panels. But that could be a result of yanime's raw cleanup during editing.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 06-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Chap 47-51 has been crappy i cant stand these "I'll save you soman,i'm your friend soman" despite he has never seen the guy before he acts like they are best friends......

kAi
Sun, 06-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Well, it's to be expected, he is the main character somewhat like Naruto in the way he meets someone it's like an instant friendship, and he tries his best to help them. He likes people and doesn't wish for them to die.

Munsu
Sun, 06-26-2005, 08:03 PM
52 is out

http://www.kippei.x-wh.net/manga/

BTW... I don't think he saying "I'm your friend Soman" has to be taken literally as if he's his actual friend...

you can call it a tactic to try and bring a fellow exorcist back to reality since he is in a trance state of mind... so it's just a means to calm him down...

And you also have to remember that Allen went into Soman's consciousness, so that he suddenly feels attached to him is understandable... since in a sense, he is experiencing the same thing that Soman is experiencing...

Hakeem_21
Mon, 06-27-2005, 03:09 AM
I know he doesnt mean it and all but since thats the only thing he says all the time its annoying.

kAi
Thu, 06-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Allen is going hard out, something is going to fuck his arm up.
and damn I love Rinali, she's so cool!

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-30-2005, 08:05 AM
This chapter was the first one in months that were clean so we can see whats happening clearly.

Only hope Alan stops this Soman dude soon.

Munsu
Mon, 07-04-2005, 11:38 PM
53 is out

Spoilers....

Freaking shitty chapter... I read it in 2 minutes, Soman finally dies

relevasius
Tue, 07-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah, that was a complete waste of time.

It looks like Allen's arm is pretty shot, I'm thinking Soman's innocence is going to be compatible with Allen, giving him a sort of repair/upgrade to his broken weapon.

Munsu
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Chapter 54 is out...

http://home.comcast.net/~yanim...54_Yanime_Timcanpi.zip (http://home.comcast.net/~yanimeraws1/D.Gray-man_v06_ch54_Yanime_Timcanpi.zip)

Yanime and Timcanpi are doing a joint for it now, I hope it improves the quality instead of fucking it up..

On other news, it appears that there will be no new release next week, which sucks

kAi
Tue, 07-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, it's good to see that part is over, that Noah's family guy has an interesting technique it seems. Soman looked cool as he was blown up.

Yeah, author is collecting data, seems he might be away for a couple of weeks.

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 01:24 AM
It was an OK Chapter... but it looks like the next one will be great... Allen is screwed, that Noah family guy is behind him and that sucker has his arm all rotten up...

kAi
Sun, 07-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Chapter 55 is out
#dgrayman @ irc.irchighway.net - www.dgrayman.com

Awesome chapter, this Noah guy is awesome.

relevasius
Sun, 07-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, he's straight out of ROD, hehe, but those Tweaks are pretty badass. I thought he was going to plant some into Allen when he shoved his hand through him, but I guess we'll have to wait till next week to see what will develop, though I'm thinking that Allen probably won't end up fighting with Noah. BTW, that was a quick research break. Oh and where is Soman's innocence?

kAi
Thu, 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Chapter 56

#dgrayman @ irc.irchighway.net - www.dgrayman.com

This guy has fucked Allen up, I'm not to sure what is going to happen, but he is the main character so he can't die, or unless he can be revived some way, but I still don't think he'll die.
Tiki Mick is so badass, these Noah guys are so cool. Able to put his hand through you and only touch what he wants to touch, heh, this guy just destroys the innocence.

and the innocence is now flying away with Tim, as Tiki Mick wants to destroy it.

Munsu
Thu, 08-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Just caught up...

Man 2 great chapters in a row, Allen sure is fucked up... I hope he dies, just to see where the manga takes us from there

relevasius
Mon, 08-15-2005, 01:37 AM
That'd be ballsy, killing off Allen that is, but I think he's going to end up with Soman's innocence. Either that or the D.Gray-man is going to evolve into something more powerful, which, despite being pretty lame, makes sense since it is akuma related. It was a curse he got from his foster-father whom he made into an akuma, right?

57 is out, i got it on #lurk @ irchighway

Guess who's back...

kAi
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:05 AM
damn, i was looking on in the #dgrayman channel and it seems one of the yanime editors doesn't want to edit this anymore, so it seems releases have been slow.

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Ah man, that sucks... kAi, offer your editing services... Then you can hook me up

kAi
Tue, 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM
FUCKING HELL IT'S DONE, upto chapter 61 have been released

W00t!!!!

www.timcanpi.net

GO GO GO!!!!

some nice stuff happens, and it's cool to read a few chapters at once that are new.

hehe

DDBen
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
damn, i was looking on in the #dgrayman channel and it seems one of the yanime editors doesn't want to edit this anymore, so it seems releases have been slow.

The issue is its licensed so Timcanpi is the only group I know of still doing it. Although I do really like what happened in the last 4 chapters this series is really picking up nicely.

kAi
Tue, 09-13-2005, 01:26 PM
No, the issue was that the editor is too lazy.

Munsu
Wed, 09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
yeah, fucking editor getting lazy...

and Timcanpi are such morons... on one page they use Linali... and in the next page they use Rinali... I mean, come'on this are bullshit mistakes...

Anyways... these few chapters were ok...

The girl that stayed besides Allen while he was sick seems cool, maybe the love triangle is being formed between Allen, Rinali, and her...

Also the captain of that other organization seems pretty cool, actually all the characters over there seem cool...

relevasius
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Damn that was an interesting way to keep Allen's innocence from being completely destroyed. I think Miranda and Crowley are going to fall miserably in love..oh jeez that's corny.
Anywaws, right on, i'm glad to see those tincampi bastards get a few releases out. Hope they keep 'em coming at a reasonable pace now

kAi
Sat, 10-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Chapters 62-66 have been released by Timcanpi, get those chapters here -&gt; kippeimanga.net

Lefty
Sat, 10-22-2005, 02:36 AM
It seems I somehow missplaced volumes 3 and up does anyone know a place where I can get them?

kAi
Sat, 10-22-2005, 04:08 AM
timcanpi.net has all of it there, go to the downloads section, it's all individual chapters though.

Lefty
Sat, 10-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks.

kAi
Sat, 10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Chapter 67 was released will be able to get from mangatraders.com in a litte.

I hate when they leave us at a time like this!!!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-25-2005, 04:07 AM
I havent read this manga since chap 54 has it got any good without telling me spoilers?

kAi
Tue, 10-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it's still good, keep going with it!

Hakeem_21
Tue, 10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I didnt stop cause it was bad i just wanted more chaps ,im gonna go and dl to latest chap and come back to talk about it.

kAi
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:20 AM
68 is out at Timcanpi.com go and get it.

Nice chapter, Eshi's ability is pretty good, I wonder how this will turn out, how they'll be saved?
Onto Allen, he might invoke his arm back with him feeling/seeing in some way what is happening to them on the ship and Rinali, which might set something off in him. Dunno just having some thoughts.

Munsu
Tue, 11-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Damnit, this sucks

D.Gray-man Manga-ka Ill (2005-11-07 20:11:26)
Katsura Hoshino, manga-ka for D.Gray-man is reported to be seriously ill, therefore serialization of D.Gray-man will be placed on hiatus for at least two weeks. Six collected volumes of D.Gray-man have been released in Japan, the first volume is due out from Viz in May 2006. Source: Manga News [ discuss (3 posts) ]

kAi
Tue, 11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
damn, this does suck.

Well, hope he gets better soon, hopefully this doesn't turn out like HxH, because that would be really bad for DGM, imagine his style going like that, it wouldn't be the same, as HxH, you can stand it a little.

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Episode 68 has been out for a couple of weeks now, I just read it...

http://timcanpi.net/

Pretty good chapter, everyone is getting owned...

Another group released chapter 69, but they utterly suck...

kAi
Sat, 01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, they weren't good with 69, gotta wait for bloody ages for this now.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
one of the kids at the school i tech told me this is a good manga...i think i may try it out

kAi
Mon, 01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
This is an awesome manga, it just seens no one wants to scanlate it.

Munsu
Sun, 02-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Fucking Timcanpi release more chapters damnit!!!

Anyways, some bad news:

D.Gray-man on Hiatus... Again (2006-02-24 10:22:57)
Katsura Hoshino, manga-ka for D.Gray-man has put the manga on hiatus due to unspecified injuries. In November the manga was temporarily interrupted when Hoshino was seriously ill. There is no announcement as to when the series will resume. Source: Manga News [ discuss (8 posts) ]

kAi
Fri, 03-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Man, more bad news, I don't like it.

I hope Katsura Hoshino gets better soon.
All the good mangaka get sick and/or die.

DDBen
Fri, 04-07-2006, 07:03 PM
www.stoptazmo.com not has chapters 70-75 available for download if you join there forums for all those interested.

kAi
Fri, 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Well, that was a nice few chapters there.
Thanks!

Munsu
Thu, 07-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm so pissed of that no decent group has been releasing this since chapter 69, all releases I've seen are horrible.

As a side note, it seems like there will be an anime:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4549

DDBen
Thu, 07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
The stop Tazmo group has been quite exceptable for me and they are upto chapter 82. Its unfortunate they are so slow but then again for all I know thats the current chapter considering the manga artist kept getting sick.

As for the Anime about time.

Honoko
Tue, 07-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I started this manga... yesterday? the day before? In any case, I'm all caught up and I'm totally loving it-- it's a good example of taking trite shounen manga concepts and plot devices and presenting it in a fresh way. Can't wait for the next chapter ^^

kAi
Tue, 08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Just read upto 84, not the best of scans, but they are the only ones I think.
This is why I loved this series, Allen gets a new form of Innocence.
I like the idea of giving half to the humans and the other to the akuma.

Lefty
Fri, 08-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Allens sync percentage has to be 100% or close for that kind of dramatic transformation.

Munsu
Mon, 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Got some great news, Timcanpi just released a shitload of chapters:

D-Grayman v.8 c.69-76 Timcanpi
D-Grayman v.9 c.77-85 Timcanpi

http://hydeist.org/timcanpi/layout/main.htm

kAi
Tue, 08-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Timcanpi have released chapter 86.
D.Gray-Man 86 Torrent. (http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=13384&name=Timcanpi_-_D.Gray-man_v09_ch086.zip.torrent)

DDBen
Wed, 08-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Got some great news, Timcanpi just released a shitload of chapters:

D-Grayman v.8 c.69-76 Timcanpi
D-Grayman v.9 c.77-85 Timcanpi

http://hydeist.org/timcanpi/layout/main.htm

I appreciate the link and it will be nice to get back to timcampi subs but um it doesn't seem to work. Given this could be a temporary thing but anyone have the torrents to these?

Edit:

Found them
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=timcanpi&showtopic=57

just incase that other link not working isn't a temp problem.

Munsu
Wed, 08-23-2006, 07:48 PM
This should explain some:

[08:47] * Topic is 'Welcome to #timcanpi www.timcanpi.org - Our site is down at the moment, but scanlations continue! [ Latest: DGM 86, 07-Ghost 06] Triggers: !list !DGM(not working atm, Andy and Levin stop making out and come back!) Forums up at http://timcanpi.invisionplus.net/

Anyways, chapter 86 was OK, not much of interest but learning the fate of the modified akumas. Chapter 87 should have plenty of action, can't wait for it.

Munsu
Tue, 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
87 is out now:

http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=13641&name=Timcanpi_-_D.Gray-man_v10_ch087.zip.torrent

Dark Dragon
Tue, 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
haha best part "Be careful, yuu!!, That thing's really really Hard... ... ok?"

kAi
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Chapter 88 out now.

http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BLQ%5DD.Gray-man_c088%5BPhoenix_Scans%5D.zip.torrent

Munsu
Fri, 09-01-2006, 02:44 AM
That group any good? Better worse than Tincanpi?

Archangel
Thu, 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Why did this thread die so miserably? O_o

Latest chapter: Chapter 183 (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/183/01/)

Wow, so the innocence damaged his inner Noah enough to actually leave a permanent scar on his body, that's messed up.

I would think we'd start to see some more changes in Allen's personality before something like this happened, makes it look that the 14th may be making an appearance sooner than expected.

Archangel
Fri, 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
I refuse to give up!

Chapter 184 (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/184/001/)

Well there was a whole lot a shit going on that i didn't get but more importantly, Allen is now officially out of the closet after not taking a chance like that

Carnage
Fri, 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Why did this thread die so miserably? O_o

Because this manga sucks.

Archangel
Sat, 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Because this manga sucks.

What the hell are you talking about? If anything the long line of horrible fillers that were always popping up in inappropriate times during the run of the anime made people lose some taste over D. Gray-Man but this is still a great series, the manga especially.

Honoko
Sat, 04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
The manga is good. It's the random long breaks this mangaka takes due to all these supposed health problems. It ruins the flow of the story.

Archangel
Sat, 04-18-2009, 10:13 PM
The manga is good. It's the random long breaks this mangaka takes due to all these supposed health problems. It ruins the flow of the story.

I guess that explains it

When was the last one?

Paulyboy
Sun, 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I never read the manga but finished the whole series. What chapter do I start on? I remember from the anime they only went up to level 4 Akuma and defeated the baby looking thing. But after the end of the episode they showed him in the snow with a new suit, so I thought they were gonna make another season, but I guess not. I mean Lenalee only got her new boots and didn't show enough of it :(.

Edit: Favorite part was when he first got his Crown Clown.

Honoko
Sun, 04-19-2009, 02:42 PM
When was the last one?
If I remember correctly, she(?) was sick this past winter. That was the last time there was a prolonged gap between one chapter and the next. By the time she started up the storyline again a month ago, I could barely remember what the kid with the thing embedded in his forehead was doing.

Archangel
Mon, 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I never read the manga but finished the whole series. What chapter do I start on?

If you have the time you should read all of it again, the series is alot better and makes a whole lot more of sense without the stupid fillers.

If not, start here (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/156/01/) right after the level 4 was destroyed.

Archangel
Fri, 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Chapter 186 (http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/186/01/)

Ok i get it now why this thread died -_-

The next chapter will be the last one in a while according to this one's last page

michelous
Mon, 08-17-2009, 07:18 PM
it is finally back
http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/187/
and the rest of the noah have been reveal
the earl is one of them

Mahado
Sun, 11-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Chapter 188, cheers.

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/188/00-cover/

Archangel
Thu, 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Bah this series has not been nearly as interesting since it became monthly

They're rushing the hell out of it, i wouldn't be surprised if it ended within 2010