PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Problems

Xirix
Sun, 02-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure if it's a problem with my Codecs or not ( of which are all up to date ), but a few episodes of Samurai Champloo.. Particulary episode 17, have some kind of translucent purple or colourless pixel formation/strands appearing at certain places in the episode, one of the most clear events of this is about 14 minutes into Episode 17, when the screen pans downwards from Jin's opponent to Jin it appears twice, the first one dissapears after a few seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? Because it's kinda offputting. Sorry I couldn't really explain it better, but I can't really take a screenshot.

So has anyone else seen the above problem with AonE's Champloo episodes?.. I've seen a few less noticable pixel strands in some of AonE's other works. However, if I view the episodes in Virtual Dub for single shots the pixels don't appear.. I know Virtual Dub doesn't actually use the codecs because it doesn't play the files, but watching Champloo 17 was just horrible from the amount of these pixel strands.

Jman
Mon, 02-21-2005, 02:26 PM
I've had similar problems with eps before while watching tenjou tenge from aone. a codec upgrade fixed the problem for me. seeing as you say you have all up to date codecs then what i suggest to you is to try using Gspot and it should tell you exactly which codecs the file uses and which ones you have installed. Sometimes the codec versions are different especially when they release a second version of the same ep.
Get Gspot code info appliance >>HERE<< (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)

Xirix
Tue, 02-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Ah that's brilliant ^^, the pixels are gone i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Par a few which are practically invisable yay! My Champloo is watchable, turns out I was updated the wrong thing.. even though they are Xvid files Gspot told me I use the FFDShow codec with them 0_o.

Jman
Thu, 02-24-2005, 06:15 PM
your welcome