PDA

View Full Version : I can't download anime any longer, so I'm pleading for help

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:46 AM
OK I just want to say that thanks to my college i can no longer download anime... not by BT, IRC, or any other p2p you can think of...

So I'm asking here for anyone who has a good connection (not really necessary) that is willing to help me out by downloading episodes I need and sending them to me through aim...

I already have Haku-san that helps me once in a while, but he can't help me all of the time...

So if you can help me out, that would be cool... im always on irc at the gotwoot channel you can talk to me there... or you can simply pm me here and we can work something out...

Thanks in advance...

Arcn3ss
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:59 AM
We've figured out that AIM will work transfer wise. I can hit up to 100k sending speed via that route, only problem I have is the lack of resume function. I wonder if there are some types of file transfers or messengers that would allow for that speed and a resume. I've heard ICQ has that function, does anyone know anymore?

Help Bud out, its gotta suck ass to go thru that.

NM
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:41 AM
I'll help you out to Bud. The animes I can help you with only are Naruto and Gundam Seed Destiny (these are the only animes I'm following right now, haven't gotten a chance to see anything else because of school). But my AIM's sending speed is only 40 Kb. And yeah Haku, AIM not having a resume function does suck, my internet connection tends to disconnect randomly for some reason but it doesn't happen like every single day. Oh, Bud, I can also help send the Naruto Manga if you want (I dont know if you collect RAWs, I always wait for Inane's if thats ok with you).

PSJ
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:51 AM
i could help out to tho i only got msn messenger and my send speed is very limited. i guess you could use me for crisis situations.

Aeon
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Sheesh what kinda connection do you have Haku? I was actually happy when Verizon raised the upload to 384(45kbs). Now it seems slow. And yea I can help but you would have to deal with slower speed then from Haku. I'll even download that crappy non Lunar release of Airi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

yallo
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I think ICQ send speeds is much faster than MSN, but I haven't tried AIM yet so I don't know how that is compared to ICQ. And yes, ICQ does have a resume function. At least, ICQ Lite (the version I'm using) has that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Bud, anytime you need any anime, just yell. I'll send them to you if I have them, but I don't know how fast my connection to you will be.

Edit in response to Mut's post below: that's the lamest thing you've ever done so far x.x

Arcn3ss
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Sheesh what kinda connection do you have Haku? I was actually happy when Verizon raised the upload to 384(45kbs). Now it seems slow. And yea I can help but you would have to deal with slower speed then from Haku. I'll even download that crappy non Lunar release of Air

Hah..

Rogers...the extreme pack 5 mbit connection. Its pretty good

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Sorry, changed my mind about AIM. Slowed my computer down really bad. Still willing to help through MSN though.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
v_v man that sucks that your school did that...hope mine dosn't cut off my irc.. would suck. But I am also willing to help, I have aim and msn messenger. (havn't really sent anime through it so not sure how fast it will be ^^; but can try and see)

Assertn
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:20 PM
i have the same problem

however....the ACADEMIC buildings dont restrict any of those programs i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
my solution....get a laptop

KitKat
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Heh, you should move off-campus Bud. At any rate, I'd be happy to help you out any way I can. I have AIM, MSN and ICQ which I will hopefully have access to again once my new computer arrives in the next week or so. So long as you give me step-by-step instructions, I can download pretty much anything you'd like. Don't know what my connection speed is though. Catch me when I get back on irc, and we can see if anything will work.

Mut
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:07 PM
i'll try to get those smallville eps to you if i can, but i can ONLY send over msn.

i did it with yallo once.

haha, get it? *peter griffin laugh*

Arcn3ss
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I've sent bud like 9 things via aim so far just this afternoon.

I feel like i've become a human f-serve with the trigger being "send me this file haku."

>.> i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:19 PM
nice... good to see the community getting together for a cause... it almost brings tears to my eyes... i appreciate it...

and Haku... God bless you...

Elite Hentai
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:20 PM
If you want I can send you my stuff over MSN. My upload speed is 1 Mbit.

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:23 PM
problem is that for some reason tranfer over msn are ubber slow (some exceptions)... i think my college is fucking up with that

Assertn
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
i'll try to get those smallville eps to you if i can, but i can ONLY send over msn.

i did it with yallo once.

haha, get it? *peter griffin laugh*

its true, mut gave her the "smallville" experience

Sensei Jon
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I can help if I have what you need, connection is good enough for higher speeds, not sure how high though.

I have AIM and MSN. Can get any others if they work better too.

TwisT
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:25 PM
I can try to help out.. i have 10mbit full duplex and unlimited bandwith.. But i dont have AIM.. i have MSN and ICQ..

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:43 PM
i'll send pm's to all you guys that have replied later on... i appreciate it...

GLS
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I can get you eps of My-Hime, if you want.

Theres a program called Trillian (http://trillian.cc/) that has AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and IRC all in one, for anyone interested in checking that out.

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 06:00 PM
yeah i need episodes 17 and 18... i'll pm you my icq number and aim

miaka
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:43 PM
i can help too.. T_T sad to hear about your crisis.. i hope no one else would have to face a crisis like yours T_T..
*prays

-have aim and msn btw..

r3n
Sun, 02-20-2005, 08:59 AM
ive been at uni for like 7 months now and have always had this problem. i get by using narutochaos and then relying on couple of million files available on the uni network (movies, games etc), sadly i think i have the largest collection of anime in the whole uni.

Munsu
Sun, 02-20-2005, 05:47 PM
ok cool.. alot of people have contacted me and are helping me out...

thanks alot, i appreciate it.... so i dont think anyone else has to offer (unless you really want to)

so thanks to all that are helping me out

Assertn
Sun, 02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
good, this topic shouldve been in the "help me" thread anyway

Munsu
Tue, 09-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Well the "Help Me" thread wouldn't be able to handle such a big request...

Anyways, new semester has arrived... And I'm still screwed over.

The "Budweineken Leeching Team" at the moment only consists of Twist, what a wonderful fellow he is...So I can't really rely on him entirely and I don't want to either.

So if you have a fast connection, pm me so you can help me download new releases and shit... and send them to me via Aim or by setting up an FTP.

Thanks

Edit:

New addition to the "Budweineken Leeching Team": Phoenix20578

Thanks Phoenix20578

Foomanchew24
Wed, 09-07-2005, 12:04 AM
You should list the series you are collecting so people can pick which ones to help you out with. I can upload at 75k and collect several series, so let me know what you are looking for and I can help as well.

Munsu
Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I practically download almost every subbed series that comes out...

Edit:

If you could pm me you aim, i would appreciate it

2:25
Wed, 09-07-2005, 01:46 AM
I have no idea how fast my connection speed is, but I can help you out with a few animes over Msn, Icq or Aim (though have never tried file transfers over aim yet).

Currently am updated with Bleach (Lunar), Tsubasa Chronicle (DB and L-E), and Kyou Kara Maou; am a few episodes behind for others; willing to change sub groups.

edit: my offer is still open to any one who needs it. :>

Munsu
Wed, 09-07-2005, 02:28 AM
great, thanks 2:25

pm me your aim just in case

As of now, I pretty much think i can manage with Foomanchew24, Twist, and Phoenix20578...

But I'll keep you in mind...

So, from now on... unless you are an anime hoarder, you can sit back and relax until further notice i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ChaosK
Wed, 09-07-2005, 05:21 PM
oh, well i'm late on replying but i have naruto, bleach and GSD and if your connection is good too sometimes i get from 200-500k.

Hikyuu
Wed, 09-07-2005, 07:42 PM
bah.. Im having teh same problem on my campus Bud..

Board of Command
Wed, 09-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
problem is that for some reason tranfer over msn are ubber slow (some exceptions)... i think my college is fucking up with that
Nah, MSN is just slow as hell. I've sent small things to friends before, and it goes at about 10 Kb/s, while my upload bandwith is about 72 Kb/s.

ChaosK
Wed, 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
hikyuu since bud has like 20 people helping him, i'd be happy to help you (with the anime i've listed)

NM
Wed, 09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
My BT and Irc seem to be working fine with my college connection so I can help you Bud, or anyone else thats having trouble. I can help with the following: Naruto (Aone), Naruto manga (Inane), Bleach (Lunar), Bleach manga (haven't started reading but it looks like manga-rains is the one to keep), GSD (HaroTori), and FMP: TSR (Aone but I think I'm just going to start going with Bakazou).