PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 122 DISCUSSION

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
discuss!

i think we should classify references to the previews for next week with a

SPOILERS******************

followed by a decent amount of space afterwards.......
for this week anyway, just as a grace period for those who dont want to see the massive spoilers in this week's preview.....

man that looks so badass though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:07 AM
someone get on irc right now and dcc the db version to me. i fucking hate bt.

#gotwoot @ irc.rizon.net

Mut[at]t[at]

Outtawack311
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:31 AM
That was freaking amazing. I loved everything about it except for kiba running. That preview just topped off an AMAZING episode.

basey44
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:50 AM
come on dattebayo come on, hurry up and download

immortal squish
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Thoughts on this episode:

-Kimimaru looked like ass... again. Seriously, so far he hardly compares with previous villanous favorites like Haku, Zabusa, or even Garaa.

-Shika vs "the Bitch" is pretty much concluded, and quite well. That Shika is always one step ahead i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

-Previews... OMG

SPOILERS******************
[note: this board could really use spoiler tags]

I kinda wish I hadn't watched the preview, but I damn near wet myself out of pure joy when my boy showed up i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Watching Naruto dumbly charging again and again was just getting depressing. Now maybe Kimi will have a chance to show some real skill versus a real opponent i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Now my question is why on earth would Kiba freak out about the friendly ninjas arriving on scene? "Uh oh, I better get out of here before 'they' get here," isn't something I'd expect him to say when the rescue team is coming...

Stoopider
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:47 AM
Well, don't think Kiba could recognize the rescue team by smell alone. And being that far out in the jungle, might be more Sound reinforcements. We have seen Kimimaro catching them red-handed, who's to know it might eventually be Kabuto or Oro himself?

Schizofreniachloor
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Hm, I don't like the Naruto-Kimimaro fight at all. It just started out of nothing, and 4 episodes later it is still going nowhere. And the expression on Naruto's face is just stupid, not to mention the lame Kimimaro attacks who just slashes Naruto with a piece of bone. That's just sad.
The rest of this episode was ok. Shikamaru's fight was very enjoyable.
And why did they have to put a major spoiler in the preview of next week...

fremeer
Thu, 02-17-2005, 05:33 AM
first off go to db's irc channel and you can find a site that has 122 up on http download.

second, shika's fights are always fun to watch cause its fun when he explains his plan and shit.

lastly

SPOILER

MUTHAFUCKIN LEE!!!!!
my main man in the green spandex is back and we about to have one cool fight

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 02-17-2005, 07:08 AM
lol everyone is hyped about the previeuw i actually thought he would've made an appearance at the end of this ep but they left it up to ep 123 which will kick so much ass!! i can't wait

Kn1ves
Thu, 02-17-2005, 07:18 AM
shikamaru is sexy.

Arell
Thu, 02-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by: immortal squish

Now my question is why on earth would Kiba freak out about the friendly ninjas arriving on scene? "Uh oh, I better get out of here before 'they' get here," isn't something I'd expect him to say when the rescue team is coming...

Mmm because he didn't know that they are allies now? And to him, 'they' just meant trouble, from what he gathered during the Chuunin exam.

hahaha
Thu, 02-17-2005, 08:32 AM

previews made me go OMGOMGOGMOGM

Dezalanel
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Nice episode, Shika showed us his uber strategy skills again. Looks like he has won his fight.......and the previews looks like we will finally have a fight worth watching with kimi(who has yet to do anything impressive....)

GhostKaGe
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
omfg 123 is gonna own!

Turkish-S
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:51 AM
DAMN shika owns and i hate spoilers i don't eaven watch the preview of the next epi never hate it....

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks Shikamaru's strategies sucks? He depends to much on chance and luck.
A true strategist understand the influence of random events and plans around them, not depend on them.

123, GO GO GO THE MAN OF ALL MEN! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Dezalanel
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:04 AM
If his strategies suck so much, then why do they always work? He strategies have yet to fail the guy is a genius.

Terracosmo
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Fucking awesome episode, Shikamaru kicks ass and Tayuya is even hotter in Level 2. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Anyone noticed where Shikamaru's hands were during the kage shibari no jutsu? The manga crew had fun with that part for the longest time...

Next week = Orgasm

SeifeR
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Anyone noticed where Shikamaru's hands were during the kage shibari no jutsu? The manga crew had fun with that part for the longest time...

haha i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ya this episode was sweet, shika is way too smart haha. they should have made the naruto vs kimimaro fight a bit more interesting, but cant wait till next weeks , ______ haha soooo didn't expect that.

what did i say about referencing the preview? - Assertnfailure

Aeon
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Fucking awesome episode, Shikamaru kicks ass and Tayuya is even hotter in Level 2

Yes Tayuya kicks azz as lvl2, and somebody told me I'd stop liking her when she transformed to lvl2 pffft. And Kimi still bores me but wtf doesn't Naruto just grab the barrel and run? He seperated Kimi from it so he should just take it and leave. And that preview was crap they better have a great explanation.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Good episode, nice to see that Shikamaru knows his father's jutsu, and of course, he was as wise as ever with this strategies. As for the preview... T_T Now I can't wait for next weeks episode, going to be very interesting. Now the Kimimaro fight can get more interesting, instead of just seeing Naruto's kage bunshins just standing there.

Dezalanel
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:04 PM
I was wondering the same thing!! Why not grab the barrel and run, that idiot! lol. It angers me how crappy they made Naruto look but meh whatever next episode should be great....

Destroyor
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: oniorochi
Anyway, am I the only one that thinks Shikamaru's strategies sucks? He depends to much on chance and luck.
A true strategist understand the influence of random events and plans around them, not depend on them.

Yes, and I suppose a made-up character in a made believe world should doing thing like a the "real" world.

Originally posted by: Dezalanel
If his strategies suck so much, then why do they always work? He strategies have yet to fail the guy is a genius.

They always work because this is not the real-world.

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:10 PM
its like chess.....
you can plan your moves out all you want, but if you dont take into account the fact that your opponent can perform just as many moves as you, then you're gonna lose. Part of shikamaru's strategic skills involve predicting how his opponent is going to move next, and I think he had control of the whole situation ever since he put his hands together in concentration

IamSpazzy
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd like to apologize for posting a bum torrent in the release information...

and to say one thing

Shikimaru for Hokage!

Dezalanel
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:55 PM
PREVIEW SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about who we saw in the preview then thought back to episode 121 when Kiba smells and sees the shadows in the forest above. Now I think that he did not see Konoha's Green beast otherwise he would not have said "What are THEY doing here" I believe that there are move reinforcements coming but I am standing by my prediction that the 3 sand genins are coming since the only people Kiba has ever been scared of when he gets their scent is them...but if you remember the Country of Wind and Fire are supposed to be allies so maybe they are coming to save everyones asses.

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel

Because the script sucks?

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
uh......what kind of strategies ARE there, if the ones involving anticipation and prediction arent good enough for you?

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Not when anticipation and prediction is for stochastic events.

It's hard to portray genious, that's why only "A Beautiful Mind" ever comes close for me.
At least Shikamaru's strategies could be complex and accurate instead of completelty depending on stochastic events similar to a roll with a dice.
Pretty much all things that wheren't "random" is obious in this series.

I guess compared to Naruto (in the current events) he will be a genious, but then, everybody in the series is.

Y
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll keep it short.

PREVIEW SPOILERS.

Fuck yeah. I don't care that his comeback makes no sense. I am gay for Rock Lee.

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:43 PM

It's hard to portray genious, that's why only "A Beautiful Mind" ever comes close for me.
At least Shikamaru's strategies could be complex and accurate instead of completelty depending on stochastic events similar to a roll with a dice.

I guess compared to Naruto (in the current events) he will be a genious, but then, everybody in the series is.

in the real world, you never know exactly what's going to happen next.....it would be impractical for him to know all the answers without knowing his opponent, but it isnt just luck and guessing, its "educated guessing"
I still dont get where you call it blatantly randomness

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, I don't really see anything wrong with Shikamaru in terms of his strategies/being a genious and how that is portrayed. I think what he comes up with is interesting. He is a very good observer so he takes everything in, comes up with a strategy based off of his information gathered and predictions. And in terms of being "everybody in the series being a genious", I think Shikamaru is the only 'genious' in terms of knowledge and using it.

Turkish-S
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah vote for shika as hokage i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I'll keep it short.

PREVIEW SPOILERS.

Fuck yeah. *** SPOLER REMOVED ***.

Hell yes! Hopefully we'll get more of that during the entire series, afterall, there's nobody cooler.

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

in the real world, you never know exactly what's going to happen next.....it would be impractical for him to know all the answers without knowing his opponent, but it isnt just luck and guessing, its "educated guessing"
I still dont get where you call it blatantly randomness

OK, then lets rephrase that. Shikamaru in this fight is taking chances, that is not a quality of geniality, instead they appear on MTV in a series call Jackass.
I'n his previous fights he did calculated risks, but that's OK, because it means you have backup plans; that is a quality of mind. But he still has not done anything that makes him a genious.
I mean, many people have called me a genious during my years at different universities, am I one? Hell no, I'm blantly ignorant or stupid, but lucky (like Shikamaru i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif).
So, luck and geniality are orthogonal.

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
i see......so when are you gonna stop using dictionary.com to beat around the bush and finally explain what your problem is and how it couldve been better i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
thesaurus.com too.

edit:

oh wait. he'll come back with 'just cuz you can't understand big words.. blah blah'

it's almost a guarantee. and even if if he doesn't say it, he is thinking it.

Souryusen
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
One of the few episodes of Friends I've seen had a bit where Joey used the word processor's thesaurus on every word in the document... the end result was rather like Oniorochi's post.

edit:

Originally posted by: Souryusen
rather like Oniorochi's post (read: pedantic).

souljah
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:49 PM
[Spoiler REMOVED] PWNED

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:50 PM
No, I only know math. That doesn't require any geniality nor a dictionary or thesaurus as stochastic and orthogonal are basic mathematical concepts, learned at 7th grade in most european countries.

Y
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: souljah

well, i dont want to spoil

edit that out you stupid son of a bitch.

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Argh, I hate spoilers from the MANGA! ALL manga readers are fags! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Y
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Argh, I hate spoilers from the MANGA! ALL manga readers are fags!

You're just as bad as he is with that outlook.

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Haha, maybe I should have added a smiley, some people are way too sensitive. [fixed]

kilillan
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
So.. essentially, shikamaru is the only one who won without dying or nearly dying?

And is it me, or has naruto's mass kage bunshin NEVER worked? He's used it throughout the series, and it worked on like.. the first guy. And he's always surprised that it never works too.

oniorochi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM
It worked really well against Gaara in combat and against Sasuke as decoy.

Lets not forget Harem-no-jutsu, that can beat any adult male in the series.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Shika was at his best in this ep it was so great how he explained how he beat her.

His fight is the best so far of the konoha genins vs sound five cause he won using the right muscle unlike someone in an orange suit who can just run against his opponent without a strategy.

Aeon
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: kilillan
So.. essentially, shikamaru is the only one who won without dying or nearly dying?

And is it me, or has naruto's mass kage bunshin NEVER worked? He's used it throughout the series, and it worked on like.. the first guy. And he's always surprised that it never works too.

What's to say he won? Don't count Tayuya out so fast.

kilillan
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Of course he won. He had her strangled and beaten. I'd be pissed if she got out of that

kilillan
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
lag double post

The Cursed Kyubi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I predicted Roc Lee's comeback since the mission began..so obvious.

Shikamaru is so cool with his laid-back-ness. Tayuya is hot and more hot at lvl 2. Bad girls are sexy. Roc Lee is cool but still a fruit cake. Naruto is a dumbass. Kimimaro needs a challenge so he can pwn. Kiba had no chance of hiding in a big blue river with a twig on his head.

miaka
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:15 PM
okay.. shika is very smart.. in a battle you have to predict your opponent 's move's.. the one who can do that more than the opponent have more chance of winning... shika didn't just guess and betted his luck.. HE PREDICTED the moves that tayuya would make.. and predicted it correctly.. shows how observing he is.. and shows how he can use his observation skills.. T_T and i love how he tricked tayuya

ppl who say he didn't show his geniusness is well.. >_< go watch the episode again...........

T_T man.. i can't wait till next episode.. it's gonna rock.. and i wonder who else is gonna come.. since it is implied that more will come... when kiba said they.. unless kiba is wrong... ^_^ would be kewl to see more helpers.. cause they really do need help..

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Plus he said the strangling justu is stronger if you get close to your opponent, so i would say that its game over for her.

The Cursed Kyubi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:18 PM
I think more genins are gonna come. Like Shino, Sakura cuz she prolly will commit suicide soon if she doesn't find out Sasuke is alright, Ino, and some other irrelevant characters.

NIGGS
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:19 PM
that ep was ok but i was expecting more o well i cant wait till 123 it looks interesting!

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:46 PM
No, I only know math. That doesn't require any geniality nor a dictionary or thesaurus as stochastic and orthogonal are basic mathematical concepts, learned at 7th grade in most european countries.

thats....great.......im quite familiar with orthogonal, as ive work in 3d animation for several years now

but it still fails to defend your position in the matter

Assassin
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:56 PM
a few things....

1. that camille whatever dance sucked so much. for a "special" move it was total crap. anyone can do 3 fucking slashes and then stab.

2. shika needs to stop doign the same thing over and over again...or rather they need to be more innovative with his strategies. its always the same "make a decoy, trap the opponent with kage mane, gloat about it" stuff. its getting old

3. i hate kiba even more then before.

4. OMFGG!!!!!!111 next ep!!!! this better be fucking awsome!!

BrockLee
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Great episode! One of the best of this storyline.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought Tayuya seemed strangely hot @ level 2. Was Shikamaru feeling her up?!

Santah
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah did anyone else notice his shadow hands stopped on her each of her breasts? Hahaha!

Assassin
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:39 PM
yes, quite a few ppl noticed it.

i believe that technique was developed for the sole purpose of feeling up women from a distance.

man, i wish i was a shinobi.

privateparts
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:53 PM
She did say that they felt like real hands.

Jessper
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: Assassin
a few things....

1. that camille whatever dance sucked so much. for a "special" move it was total crap. anyone can do 3 fucking slashes and then stab.

2. shika needs to stop doign the same thing over and over again...or rather they need to be more innovative with his strategies. its always the same "make a decoy, trap the opponent with kage mane, gloat about it" stuff. its getting old

I know, that dance was short lived and not impressive at all.

Shika's fight was awsome the first time though it is getting redundant for someone so intelligent, but then again if you know something will work why not hang with it I suppose... but that isn't as entertaining =P

oniorochi
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:37 AM

thats....great.......im quite familiar with orthogonal, as ive work in 3d animation for several years now

On what? That Mut@t@ has not finished 6:th grade or the fact that Shikamaru is not a strategical and tactical genious?

Shikamaru is not a strategical genious. First, because in battle reinforcements are standard in battle and he did not forsee neither the hidden and nor the late inforcements.
Second, in the world of Naruto where almost everyone has several hidden abilites, he always depend on luck in his strategis as they are not fool proof even against the most trivial abilities. People's random abilites makes peoples behavior random, unlike in the real world.

Mut
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:40 AM
kill yourself, you're wrong.

btw, it's 'genius' dip shit.

kilillan
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:45 AM

On what? That Mut@t@ has not finished 6:th grade or the fact that Shikamaru is not a strategical and tactical genious?

Shikamaru is not a strategical genious. First, because in battle reinforcements are standard in battle and he did not forsee neither the hidden and nor the late inforcements.
Second, in the world of Naruto where almost everyone has several hidden abilites, he always depend on luck in his strategis as they are not fool proof even against the most trivial abilities. People's random abilites makes peoples behavior random, unlike in the real world.

Everything else aside. "Genious" isn't even a word. These comments like "I mean, many people have called me a genious during my years at different universities"
And you can't even spell the godamn word.

--edit--

I don't care really, nor do I normally correct other people. Nor do I care about what you're arguing even.

But you're misspelling really simple words, juxtaposed against spelling complicated words correctly. It gives off the impression that you're some 16 year old kid with a thesaurus.

Mut
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
wow! this guy is the best new member we have so far. he is pure ownage.

oniorochi
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:06 AM
There is an old saying in europe, "when all your arguments fail, attack the language".

Another one comes to mind, "never argue with a idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Mut
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:13 AM
here's a saying: 'look at him run away like a pussy.'

Jessper
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:21 AM
There is an old saying in europe, "when all your arguments fail, attack the language".

Another one comes to mind, "never argue with a idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Here is a saying of my own, "If you misspell words while insulting someone's intelligence you look like an idiot."
Also, there is a common saying here, "Don't deal it if you can't take it."

Ironically enough I learned how to spell genius before the 6th grade.

Board of Command
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I feel this topic has gone off topic. About 122:
-Kimi is still lame as ever.
-Naruto still hasn't changed the battle plan
-Shikamaru pulls off quite a battle plan, although it kinda executed a bit too perfectly to be believable
-They showed one Kiba scene so people wouldn't forget he exists
-No Sakon scene this time
-HOW MANY OF YOUR POSTS MUST I EDIT? - AssertnFailure

The whole Shika fight was pretty entertaining. I wish they'd just shown the Shika fight for the entire episode instead of switching to Naruto-Kimi every once in a while. Naruto's fight is still lame as ever and Kimi's "special dance" isn't really "special" at all.

Uchiha
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Shikamaru's battle plan was good but really, his plan shouldn't have succeeded. Why?
Who would take a throwing knife(kunai) and attack someone in close range when they can through the kunai at him. Doesn't matter if Tayuya thought that Shikamaru couldn't move, it would've been fast to throw the kunai at him or kill him with some jutsu.

Lostprophet8
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Alot more happend in that episode than I expected. This series is bad about dragging out fights that take place in multiple locations. They keep reshowing what happened during the previous encounter and add little to it.
SPOILERS***

Next episode will be one of the highlights of the series. Good stuff is to come. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:06 AM
tayuya still had to move to grab the kunai anyway, so its not like she inconvenienced herself to move closer or anything. If you saw your opponent standing there paralyzed, how cautious would YOU be to approach him?

Aeon
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Plus he said the strangling justu is stronger if you get close to your opponent, so i would say that its game over for her.

I'm sure she still has her trump card for going lvl2. I'm hoping she uses the ghost eating chakra thing that her summons used.

RaZzy
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:43 AM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee ... a "Who is the bigger nerd" fight?

anyways the episode was ok.. but the naruto fight takes too long...
and nice preview by the way...

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon

I'm sure she still has her trump card for going lvl2. I'm hoping she uses the ghost eating chakra thing that her summons used.

You mean "Chakra eating ghost", right?

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
here's a saying: 'look at him run away like a pussy.'

ROFL

Mut in his prime.

z0diac
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:51 AM
bah i wrote this long post and closed the window by mistake.

Well shikamaru ownz his fight was great as always. i liked the part with the 9 kunai attacks. It just felt like a real ninja battle and just random actions. It was such a cool part when there wasnt a loud background music and you could hear every effect and throw.

other than that the Naruto vs Kimi parts really sucked. There is no point in showing this crap. They didnt bring anything new in this ep about their fight... it is reminding me the Orochimaru vs the Third fight O_o i mean cant they just skip it and have more time to conclude shika's fight and save us the flashbacks in the start of the next ep?
Kiba running didnt show anything new either

SPOILER***********

oh godamn it this series has to decide I dont understand why Naruto needs Lee to come and help him... I mean according to everything that happend in the series so far Sasuke > Lee but on top of that Naruto kinda > Sasuke or at least about the same level. And Lee just recovered from injury SO WHY IS HE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO BEAT SOMEONE NARUTO CANT. ERR AT THIS. I hate it when they make NAruto strong for an ep or two then suddenly he's back to being a weak dumb ass who just sends a million kage bunshin's straight ahead and loses. He didnt even try Rasengan. Sheeeeessh they annoy me i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Musashi
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:12 PM
the episode wasn't that bad, imo shika vs tayuya fight was pretty good, i liked shika's new move although it didn't help a lot. as other said the naruto vs kimi battle is getting a little too long Oo (those clones made by naruto are just standing and doing nothing). tayuya in 2lvl looks more like a human unlike other from Sound Four.

anyway i believe the next episode will be better than that

Aeon
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu

You mean "Chakra eating ghost", right?

Err umm yea i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Knives122
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:04 PM
pretty good episode

-Kiba going moving around in the water not doing anything: gay

-Naruto doing the "one person goes in at a time toward one person when you have an army of people"(he could've jumped him): gay

-Shikamaru out-smarting Tayuya when shes lvl 2.: priceless

once again those summons to me just seemed to be a annoying little wall, I still cant figure out what the one with no arms even did(in the anime or manga). oh well the only thing I cared about is the barrel with Sasuke in it.

next week= even better ep then this one was

GLS
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Awesome episode! The Shikamaru fight is my personal favorite (the Neji fight was good to).

Cant wait for 123!!

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
z0diac, all i have to say

is rock, paper, scissors

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
-Naruto doing the "one person goes in at a time toward one person when you have an army of people"(he could've jumped him): gay

Come on now, like Naruto ever learns. Only against crappy people does it work, and of course Gaara. Also, he's enraged and being semi-controlled by kyuubi which means he thinks even less.

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:22 PM
he's had his clones attack in groups of 10 at times...and then kimimaro would have spikes come out from everywhere and skewer them all.
You can only send out so many clones at a time before they get in each other's way

Rek
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha
Shikamaru's battle plan was good but really, his plan shouldn't have succeeded. Why?
Who would take a throwing knife(kunai) and attack someone in close range when they can through the kunai at him. Doesn't matter if Tayuya thought that Shikamaru couldn't move, it would've been fast to throw the kunai at him or kill him with some jutsu.

not only was he paraluzed, like assrtn said, but also, if she doesn't use kunai, and the flute was her only weapon, how good would she be at throwing it? It'd be easier to stab repeatedly.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:49 PM
he's had his clones attack in groups of 10 at times...and then kimimaro would have spikes come out from everywhere and skewer them all.
You can only send out so many clones at a time before they get in each other's way

Yeah against kimimaro it's useless, but against most it would still work to just over-power them.

drunkgohan
Fri, 02-18-2005, 02:07 PM
the naruto fight is stupid beyond belief. he's obviously pumped up with kyuubi chakra, yet he seems more slow and blundering than ever. maybe that's because kimi is so damn fast naruto needs to look pathetic in comparison, but there's really no explanation as to how kimi is so fast that kyuubi-naruto looks so slow (maybe they explain later). the camellia dance was nothing. and why hasn't naruto even tried a red-chakra rasengan, or a dozen of them all at once? obviously kimi would just jump out of danger and they would all miss, but it's stupid with all that naruto has learned about feinting and using replicas as decoys that he hasn't even tried it.

finally, kimi's attack is completely gay--he uses boner power to thrust at the opponent--totally gay i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Kimi isnt moving so fast it just that Naruto is stuoid enough to just rush against Kimi.

helicopter201
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Anyone know if AonE's release is out yet? No offense but AonE is my fav.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Just to let you know, it's kind of a general thing that people don't ask 'when is this episode out" "is it out yet". There is a thread started for each current naruto episode called " episode ___ release info" check there to see the releases. If the AonE release is not listed, then most likely they havn't released it yet. ^^;

Jaredster
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
http://img210.exs.cx/img210/7454/narutomelt4pz.gif

This was one of the coolest scenes IMO.

Dezalanel
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
I am realllllllly hoping next episode that Kimi leaves up to this hype you manga readers give him. So far he has done nothing impressive and his dances were just a few slashes here and there. I have feeling the next couple episdoes are going to be epic tho.

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:26 PM
i wonder why they didnt show the bone in shikamaru's arm when he sees his skin melt off in the genjutsu.....
would it have been any more grotesque if they didnt censor that?

Dezalanel
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh...is that how it is in the manga? That would have made it look really cool. Yeah showing bones seems to be grotesque for some reason.

Jaredster
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:29 PM
i wonder why they didnt show the bone in shikamaru's arm when he sees his skin melt off in the genjutsu.....

I guess you can say genjitsu is like special effects, and that was a low budget effect.

True_strengh
Fri, 02-18-2005, 06:00 PM
lub u dattebayo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mage
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:28 PM
this is how it looks in the manga

http://img160.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img160&image=narutoch208p166sa.png

Also, the only reason Naruto always stupidly sends his kagebunshins in 1 at a time is because the animators are too lazy (or too unskilled) to do otherwise.

wirm
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Nice ep. I just hope they don't wait until the very end of the episode until we get to what was in the preview.

weakest anbu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by: mage
Also, the only reason Naruto always stupidly sends his kagebunshins in 1 at a time is because the animators are too lazy (or too unskilled) to do otherwise.

no... lol they are not "unskilled". If they are unskilled why the fuck would the company hire them... the main reason is that they want to fill up the 20 minutes per episode requirement. Which is ok for me at least... since kimi is such a cool character.

drunkgohan
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:43 PM

My first impression was censorship, but on the other hand manga illustrators these days pack lots of stuff into images and sometimes it takes you a few second to figure out what you're looking at. In animation things have got to be less busy because it's moving and they don't want you to have to pause to figure out what you're looking at--it's possible they were being good animators and it has nothing to do with how nasty the bones are (but then again it could be they are just pussies).

mage
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu
no... lol they are not "unskilled". If they are unskilled why the fuck would the company hire them... the main reason is that they want to fill up the 20 minutes per episode requirement. Which is ok for me at least... since kimi is such a cool character.

So are you saying you like the Seoul Studio animations? You think they have skill? Suggest you rewatch the Naruto vs Kiba fight. The animation teams for Naruto seem pretty amateur in all but a handful of episodes. Gainax has done a good job and Nara Studios is "decent" most of the time. Some of Nara's eps are good though, such as episode 19, which is the only episode in Naruto that has had GOOD animation so far (even though none of the CG blended in well one bit).

Judging from the preview, though, Lee's fight in the next episode should have some good animation.

BrockLee
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Does anybody else think that Shikamaru and Tayuya would be a great match? After seeing this episode I'm all for Shikamaru + Tayuya. They're both great strategists (she probably likes Shougi too) and after this episode they have a new found respect for each other. That way Shikamaru can end up marrying a "loud mouth" woman just like his dad!

weakest anbu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:13 PM

So are you saying you like the Seoul Studio animations? You think they have skill? Suggest you rewatch the Naruto vs Kiba fight. The animation teams for Naruto seem pretty amateur in all but a handful of episodes. Gainax has done a good job and Nara Studios is "decent" most of the time. Some of Nara's eps are good though, such as episode 19, which is the only episode in Naruto that has had GOOD animation so far (even though none of the CG blended in well one bit).

Judging from the preview, though, Lee's fight in the next episode should have some good animation.

its all about the budget son... Obviously some eps are going to look better, most recently would be the neji fight. Oh btw you miss understood the main point my post. Iike i said b4 they are just trying to fill up the 20 mins. Im not even going to bother to respond anymore" which animation team is better debate". Becacus you dont know how much is spent, and time is given to the teams. It's not fair to judge teams just by your own perspective without any trustworthy background info.

Shinigami
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:02 PM
AonE's Version is out on torrents page

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:37 PM
you're supposed to use the RELEASE INFO topic for posting release info

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
PREVIEW SPOILERS!!!

I think it would be awsome if "they" was not just Lee, but also Shino, cause someone still has to go and fight Sakon. Then we could just call this entire story arc "the girls are totally fucking useless!"

Zoels
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:13 AM
this is soo great. like 2 more episodes and ill be unspoiled!! Ive been waiting like a year for this

basey44
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:36 AM
it wont be shino, thatd just be dumb, he couldnt even defeat the sand let alone the sound 4

ive got a feeling its the sand, otherwise what would be the point of the sand flashback and kibas fear when he smelled them

Jaredster
Sat, 02-19-2005, 03:03 AM

I was under the impression that Studio Pierrot did the animations. Maybe there is something I am not getting.

Originally posted by: drunkgohan

My first impression was censorship, but on the other hand manga illustrators these days pack lots of stuff into images and sometimes it takes you a few second to figure out what you're looking at. In animation things have got to be less busy because it's moving and they don't want you to have to pause to figure out what you're looking at--it's possible they were being good animators and it has nothing to do with how nasty the bones are (but then again it could be they are just pussies).

I agree with you in the part that animators don't put as much detail as manga artists do. Currently I am reading the manga Nausicaa and the Valley of Wind and just recently I saw a preview for the movie. The movie has like only %10 detail the manga has.

Phoenix23
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69
it wont be shino, thatd just be dumb, he couldnt even defeat the sand let alone the sound 4
Kankuro went down before him... for a genin, Shino is very strong. He just got to face someone who should already have been chuunin (the sand village delayed their taking of the chuunin exam, IIRC).

lum
Sat, 02-19-2005, 06:44 AM
.... in naruto, a freakin genin can beat a jounin, so y can't shino beat the sound 4? i mean come on, no one EVER dies in this, ie. the kids. so if kishimoto decides to have a fight between naruto or any of the 50 other main characters, the good guy will win. maybe after takin some pill or potion that WOULD KILL HIM, that makes him JUST STRONG ENUF to beat the "bad guy" then SOMEHOW, he ends up NOT DEAD, NARUTO STYLE!!! my innovation for this is due to chouji not dying after he took a death pill.

naruto's target audience is aimed at 8-14 yr old kids,(i'd like it much more if i was that age, i believe) but other ppl ages watch it too, just that for someone more intelligent u'd realise how simple this story is, and how "unreal, unrealistic" this world is. and no i'm not talking bout the super power ninjas/powers, but the story/plot. but iguess the action keeps most ppl there.

and FOR WEAKEST ANBU, there are unskilled teams, watch some anime and even amatuers like you can tell the difference, right now, the most obvious is mahou sensei negima, then read the manga, and u;ll see how fucked up the animation is. if that's not called unskilled, then i dont' know wat is

Sam98034
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by: lum
you retard, in naruto, a freakin genin can beat a jounin, so y can't shino beat the sound 4? i mean come on, no one EVER dies in this, so if kishimoto decides to have a fight between naruto or any of the 50 other main characters, the good guy will win. maybe after takin some pill or potion that WOULD KILL HIM, that makes him JUST STRONG ENUF to beat the "bad guy" then SOMEHOW, he ends up NOT DEAD, NARUTO STYLE!!!

naruto's target audience is aimed at 8-14 yr old kids,(i'd like it much more if i was that age, i believe) but other ppl ages watch it too, just that for someone more intelligent u'd realise how simple this story is, and how "unreal, unrealistic" this world is. and no i'm not talking bout the super power ninjas/powers, but the story/plot.

and FOR WEAKEST ANBU, ffs, there are fucking unskilled teams, watch some anime and even amatuers like you can tell the difference, right now, the most obvious is mahou sensei negima, then read the manga, and u;ll see how fucked up the animation is. if that's not called unskilled, then u go fuck off

please shut up.
Every single point you tried to make is wrong. Not one thing you said was accurate.

basey44
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:22 AM
lol im the retard, could someone please remind me which genin beat which jounin cos i dont remember at all

out of all the people who have join in the last week you are the first who has pushed me from annoyance to pissed off

lol and to sam thanks for the superslam

Phoenix23
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: lumi mean come on, no one EVER dies in thisHayate (or whatever his name was), 3rd hokage... ring any bells?

weakest anbu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by: Sam98034

you retard, in naruto, a freakin genin can beat a jounin, so y can't shino beat the sound 4? i mean come on, no one EVER dies in this, so if kishimoto decides to have a fight between naruto or any of the 50 other main characters, the good guy will win. maybe after takin some pill or potion that WOULD KILL HIM, that makes him JUST STRONG ENUF to beat the "bad guy" then SOMEHOW, he ends up NOT DEAD, NARUTO STYLE!!!

naruto's target audience is aimed at 8-14 yr old kids,(i'd like it much more if i was that age, i believe) but other ppl ages watch it too, just that for someone more intelligent u'd realise how simple this story is, and how "unreal, unrealistic" this world is. and no i'm not talking bout the super power ninjas/powers, but the story/plot.

and FOR WEAKEST ANBU, ffs, there are fucking unskilled teams, watch some anime and even amatuers like you can tell the difference, right now, the most obvious is mahou sensei negima, then read the manga, and u;ll see how fucked up the animation is. if that's not called unskilled, then u go fuck off

please shut up.
Every single point you tried to make is wrong. Not one thing you said was accurate.

hahaha so true~~~ sry lum i stop reading your post after "a freakin genin can beat a jounin"

lum
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:52 AM
one of the jump fiestas, sorry for the spelling.
and it's the rain or mist country jounin (something to do wif goin into a waterfall to enter), the eps was on the special water.(haven't watched for a long time, so can't remember)
as for the swearin i applogize as i had a bad day. also, fine, maybe i should be more specific, none of the naruto age characters die.

also, sam, i have a few friends from japan, and they told me naruto's most popular with the 8-14 yearold market. if my friend gave me wrong info, then i guess i'm wrong, but what makes you think/know naruto isn't?
so basically, i dun think i have said anything wrong as they're either my opinions or they're wat i have seen in the anime and i can tell you episode references.

basey44
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:18 AM
hahahaha i just realised that they added new stuff into the intro, so either everyone else noticed but didnt tell me or im the first to notice

kimis in there and so is oros new bod, lol i looked back and this happened back in ep 120, and no body told me i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

ah thats right my compy fucked up before 120 came out, i mustve missed out on the convo i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

drunkgohan
Sat, 02-19-2005, 10:30 AM
hahahaha i just realised that they added new stuff into the intro, so either everyone else noticed but didnt tell me or im the first to notice

They did the same thing in the previous intro by adding Tsunade after she was introduced in the story, and since then I've been watching for sneaky intro changes. I think a lot of us nerdutards recognized the change immediately i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shanekun
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Well good ep. I like the matching Shikamaru + Tayuya, too. First they are mor eor less equally in using their minds and second.. wel Shika already got a good hold of her to test out i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif (remember? "those feel just like real hands" when shika did the shadow hand thingy. and they were placed on.. suspicios... places i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif wouldn't be surprised if he has feeeling in them too i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

Lostprophet8
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:57 AM

They did the same thing in the previous intro by adding Tsunade after she was introduced in the story, and since then I've been watching for sneaky intro changes. I think a lot of us nerdutards recognized the change immediately

They also did it when Saura cut her hair. I like it when they make the small changes.

LobsterMagnet
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Sakura got her hair got a long ass time ago. Don't you remember during the Chuunin exams when Sasuke and Naruto were both unconscious? She had to deal with the three sound ninjas. She got her big moment only to be beaten retarded by zaku but she cut her hair as a symbolic gesture to show that she was going to take action in order to do something to keep up with naruto and sasuke. Scene was good but it would have been more emotional if she had done something better then just biting.

Assertn
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by: Jaredster

I agree with you in the part that animators don't put as much detail as manga artists do. Currently I am reading the manga Nausicaa and the Valley of Wind and just recently I saw a preview for the movie. The movie has like only %10 detail the manga has.

i see......so their budget wouldnt allow them to draw those 4 extra lines to make up the bones in shikamaru's arm, eh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Sat, 02-19-2005, 03:43 PM
thats 4 extra lines to you, but to them, its for slashes on the soul of beauty.

Jaredster
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by: Jaredster

i see......so their budget wouldnt allow them to draw those 4 extra lines to make up the bones in shikamaru's arm, eh?

Meh, I guess it was for censorship too. I guess that is were they draw the line.

Prof. Chaos
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:09 PM
YES I was so hoping _____. I didn't want to wait any longer.

read the first post next time - Assertnfailure

HighWind
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:15 PM
To the above poster: The first post states that anything in the next episode preview should be regarded with a ****SPOILER TAG******

Epidosde was great. Shikamaru's tactics were awesome as always. I felt that they DID drag the Kimimaro / Naruto fight on. The overall feel and pace of that fight was kind of slow and didn't progress the fight at all.

Overall, very nice episode

P.S. Did some old accounts get deleted? I seem to be unable to log into my old one :/ Probably due to almost 6 months of inactivity.

*Sigh* Oh Well

kilillan
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:17 PM
none of the naruto age characters die.

What about haku?

KaneInferno
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Great episode. Kind sad about Akamaru, but it was still good. Can't wait for next ep.

quartz
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:59 PM
hello everyone! forgive my ignorance, but i just registered and wanted to ask some few questions. i may not be as knowledgeable as all you are about naruto but darn it! im a fan! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifthe last episode rocks! a good strategist always knows what he is doing and part of it is taking risk but with more emphasis of being sure on the next move. anyways, i just started downloading the episode over the week and i was kinda wondering if the movies are out also and where i can download it from. id appreciate it a lot if anyone could help me on this. i really wanted to see the one with the rescue of the snow princess.. is it out already? -peace you all!!!

Dezalanel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:51 PM
There is only one movie and it is just coming to DVD in Japan so....it would not be on the internet yet.

Jaredster
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Yea, but I can't wait for it. I heard it was a huge hit in Japan, stayed in the top of the box office for weeks.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah the Naruto movie was a success in Japan, it even hit #1 at the box office, while Inuyasha movie 4, and Prince of Tennis movie, I think they didn't make 5 or above. As for the censorship of the episode, well, it would be nice if they didn't, but just have to live with it, and read the manga if you want to see unedited things.

Sam98034
Sun, 02-20-2005, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I'm curious about the movie as well. It was supposed to come out sometime in early February or something. It's the 20th...no news yet.

And Lum, some of the things you said were true. But "in general" you were not saying anything to prove your point.

KameronFrye
Sun, 02-20-2005, 04:26 AM
The DVD of the movie should be out around now. Their release schedule is different from the US, I think. At any rate, the raw will be made available via bittorrent the same day of the release of the DVD, that's without saying. Sub will probably be a couple days after that, max. And this episode was nice, although I still feel that Bleach is getting to a point of surpassing the fulfillment feeling I used to get from Naruto. This point right now feels like the Chuunin exam, what with Naruto's fight only having the same thing over and over and what have you.

lum
Sun, 02-20-2005, 05:54 AM
haku's a bad guy i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and naruto's imo better than bleach...
also the censorship of the bone really sucked, the manga's cracking open version looked so much better. in the anime, it's like a chicken leg or something/

kilillan
Sun, 02-20-2005, 07:21 AM
haku's a bad guy

Oh, so at first you said NO ONE Died. Then you said no one NARUTO's age died. and NOW you say anyone naruto's age, and a GOOD GUY died.

Right.

Mae
Sun, 02-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Actually, I liked Shikamaru's fight in this ep. He's weaker physically than his opponent, he doesn't have any special abilities like a bloodline or a seal, and no animals or special tools to help him. His one ability should be easy to counter once his opponent knows to avoid his shadow, yet his was the only clear victory in this arc so far. Choji and Neji's fights were ties at best, and Kiba did ok but had to run in the end. Well, I guess there was a reason he was the only one promoted... And yeah, I'm looking forward to the next ep too.

Omri
Sun, 02-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Great episode, I relly like the way that Shikamaru handled the situation.

About shikamaru, it is true that the moves that he expect from his enemys to do almost everytime done.
But sometimes he loose, it is not like he can't loose because he can establish a technique to win ageinst any opponent. He lost to Temari in the chunnin exam, didn't he?

***Ending Spoiler***

I really do think that this new episode preview shouldn't been there, think about how awsome can it be to see from nowhere that Lee jumping to help naruto in the fight(!)
I even prefer that there would be no next episode preview, like in One Piece.

dizkidhuy
Sun, 02-20-2005, 12:43 PM
no spoiling....you've been warned

also, your sig size needs to be 400x80 or less

potentialflip
Sun, 02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Liked the episode. Wow... Anime is surely catching up to the Manga pretty quick. Trying not to give hints to those who do not read the manga but if you saw the preview you could bet that things are getting better as each new episode comes. Can't wait till the surprise that will shock most people pops out. Boy and I thought it was going to take a while. I guess things came quickly with Naruto. Episodes catched on and when you think it was going to get licensed at least as early as next year it happens this year. Naruto is surely a phenomenon.

Noir
Sun, 02-20-2005, 07:40 PM
One of the better episodes recently. I extremely enjoyed the fight involving Shikamaru. The previews also made me tight in the pants. I can't wait for episode 123!

Prof. Chaos
Sun, 02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I just hope the animation for the upcoming battle will be done like episodes 48-50.

PS
I'm sorry for not putting the ***SPOILERS*** tag earlier.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I dunno, I think in the chuunin exam they kinda made Shino out to be the fifth or so strongest of the Gennin after Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Lee.

And he's definatly supposed to be more powerful than Choiji or Kiba. So if they can beat a member of the sound 4, then Shino should be able to also.

I just hope the animation for the upcoming battle will be done like episodes 48-50.

Oh man, wouldn't that just be the shit. I just rewatched that and I still think thats the highlight of the series.

Jeff_from_MD
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:11 AM
.....uhhh
VEERRRYY Questionable dialog:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/Jeff_from_MD/nar.jpg

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:14 AM
ROFL.

http://valethcosmo.free.fr/kimikimi.jpeg : I WOULD NEVER ;_;

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm really disappointed with how they 're protraying the Naruto/Kimimaro "fight" . It's a series of badly drawn Naruto clones standing around, looking angry while Kimimaro prances up to them and one-punches them.

"What? Standing here, giving him a scary look isn't ensuring my victory!? Maybe I'll futilely throw some shurikens at him. Those things have always been the ace-in-the-hole for any ninja."

Shikamaru's fight has been very good. The random time-fillers of Kiba, aimlessly bleeding through the river have been not-so good.

Shikamaru's fight was the focal point of the episode, so I was pleased.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
I dunno, I think in the chuunin exam they kinda made Shino out to be the fifth or so strongest of the Gennin after Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Lee.

And he's definatly supposed to be more powerful than Choiji or Kiba. So if they can beat a member of the sound 4, then Shino should be able to also.

Oh man, wouldn't that just be the shit. I just rewatched that and I still think thats the highlight of the series.

Yeah I watched them again Wednesday night. BEST FIGHT EVER!!! Just hope this next one ends up being just as great.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:45 AM
So... I don't see what the big ******* deal with the preview is. If none of the rest of you had made such a big deal out of it, we would all just be slightly more excited for 123 than usual. I for one say **** you all, you made Kimimaro out to be a god and i've just been dissapointed so far. The preiview, in my mind, If the preview had hinted at whats gonna happen, thats a different story, but it shouldn't deserve a spoiler tag, it IS the preview.

No need to curse like miner.

GotWoot Moderator

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by: Cal_kashi
So... I don't see what the big ******* deal with the preview is. If none of the rest of you had made such a big deal out of it, we would all just be slightly more excited for 123 than usual. I for one say **** you all, you made Kimimaro out to be a god and i've just been dissapointed so far. The preiview, in my mind, If the preview had hinted at whats gonna happen, thats a different story, but it shouldn't deserve a spoiler tag, it IS the preview.

Some people don't watch the previews in the next episode so nothing is spoiled for them. If you're one of those people, then giving that away would be like a manga-reader telling an anime-watcher Naruto dies in the next couple of episodes. It's just common courtesy. Take it easy.

Oh, and for those of you who are preparing to flame me because you misunderstood me, Naruto dying in the next few episodes was just a made-up example.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:00 AM
oh im sorry cal kashi, i guess we shouldnt bother doing favors for members who might want to have a greater satisfaction in being caught by surprise by next week's episode just because you happen to enjoy watching previews

im a little surprised that not as many people took my advice as i thought they would though..... -_-

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:27 AM
i see your points, protect those that don't watch the previews anyways, but doesn't it prevent quite a bit of the surprise to be making a big deal that somethings gonna happen, likely encouraging more posts involving whats gonna happen than would normally be present? On a similar note, for those that don't ever watch the previews but still frequent these discussion threads, don't you think they've either given up on never knowing whats next or filter out any preview references already? Making a big deal out, i would imagine, leads them to find out about the preview quicker, voluntarily or involuntarily(eyes haphazardly glance at the spoiler as they are scrolling and makes sense of ), than they already would.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:36 AM
cal, do you think less people would reference the previews if i didnt say anything?

yes im pretty sure at this point anyone who hope not to see it would have, but thats just because of loose spoiler tags :/

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:46 AM
I think that if this episodes discussion had been buisness as usual, more people, who didn't want to know about the preview, wouldn't have known.

But... we will never know.

so heres a picture of some dude cosplaying as gai on collegehumor.com =--->
http://www.collegehumor.com/?image_id=111176

basey44
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:55 AM
lol so random cal kashi, um what the hell is with his crotch?

Aramis
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:09 AM
apparently shikamaru has grown some chakra after the chuunin tournament, he's pretty much spamming his shadow techs and doesn't show signs of weariness.
we'll probably see his weaknesses next. he can play shogi, sure, but he won't have the balls to just kill off tauya whose chakra is still far from exhausted.

basey44
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:24 AM
i got the idea the fight was over and shika did kill her, but it wasnt shown for cencorship reasons or something, i dunno
i hate this censorship stuff, things were a lot more violent back wen they versed zabuza, even if kakashis hand didnt go through haku

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:46 AM
i also had the impression that that humurously wicked ckick was dead

Phoenix23
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:54 AM
i also had the impression that that humurously wicked ckick was deadShe is in a really bad position, but remember that "nobody's dead until their body hits the floor"... she may still have something up her sleeve, until her death is actually done and confirmed.

Bobacahog
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:01 PM
I think we have yet to see the "end" of Shikamarus fight.

****Spoiler******
Lee is amazing at hand to hand, but Kimi has a cursed seal who is to say how bad ass he would bevome if he used it. Course since he said his body was sick he might die if he uses it so i guess we will have to wait and see

123 should kick ass anyways

animefreak
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix23

i also had the impression that that humurously wicked ckick was deadShe is in a really bad position, but remember that "nobody's dead until their body hits the floor"... she may still have something up her sleeve, until her death is actually done and confirmed.

if she really is dead, then she be the first girl who ever died in the whole Naruto series.

Damn this episode is good. i've always thaught Shika is some lazy ass loser, but this episode shows his cool side.

kooshi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Don't write Tayuya as dead yet, she can probably still pull off something. Still, the fight between her and Shikamaru was very cool and interesting. He outsmarted her in every aspect, not to mention that he had to do some thinking-on-the-spot (ex. Tayuya's genjutsu).
So far, the Naruto vs Kimimaro fight has been extremely disappointing. There's no excitement at all. Did it look better in the manga?

Mut
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Everything looked better in the manga. Kimimaro vs Naruto fight looks retarded because the animator can't have very kage bunshin running in to fight. The anime is just butchering Kimimaro.

Aeon
Tue, 02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Thank you kooshi, finally somebody else doesn't think that Tayuya is finished yet. She still hasn't used her lvl 2 trump card.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:13 PM
i believe the level 2 gave her the ability to perform that genjutsu

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
there could still be more? who knows...

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah but i think aeon didnt realize that she actually DID something that required her level 2 already.

kooshi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I almost overlooked that fact the first time I watched through the episode. But then again, things look bleak for her since she's so close to the kage mane.
As for Kimimaro/Naruto, why couldn't they have at least get the quality from the Naruto/Sasuke fight? That was at least decent enough. Best part of that fight was when Sasuke dodged and defeated about 15 clones in like 2 seconds. That part was wicked fast. Damn animators should at least put that kind of stuff on.

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:27 PM
the fights not over, chill... who knows... maybe naruto has done something cool, like henge'd the barrel and ran off or something? Or maybe the useless clones are distracting kimimaro from something? Or maybe naruto is just analyzing the dances... who knows... they may provide a passable excuse...

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Or maybe naruto is just analyzing the dances...

Haha! Yeah, I can totally see Naruto doing that.

More like, "When's a good time to try and punch him? NOW!? *poof* Nope.... NOW!? *poof* Nope..."

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-22-2005, 04:11 PM
You should apply the same rule for discussiing the preview that you do for discussing the manga. And not just this week, every week.

I mean, what are people really missing out on by NOT discussing the 15 second clip each week anyway. The thread is supposed to be for discussing the CURRENT episode, not the NEXT episode.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 04:34 PM
hmm, im inclined to agree

although this would only be practical if there are actually people who DONT watch the previews
speaking of which, if you actually DIDNT watch this week's preview, you should speak up about this i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

edit: actually, hmm......maybe someone should set up a poll?

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I also agree. You'll be able to discuss what's in this week's preview next week, when the next episode comes out. (A mouthful, I know.)

A lot of people don't watch the previews. Those of us who do can be patient and wait another week to rant. If a person who doesn't watch previews knows that in the current episode discussion people spoil the next episode for them, they may be discouraged to participate in the discussion.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
we could always just create a third topic devoted solely to preview discussion, if people really feel the need to

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Haha! "The Official Episode 122 Preview Discussion!"

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 05:06 PM
does seem pretty funny

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah i know, but still.....
im sure there couldve been at least 3 pages worth of posts in it regarding the previews we saw on ep 122

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 05:54 PM
there were a few... its not really too late....

i guess it would be useful on controversial endings... but we shoulda been able to discuss it. it was on the ep.

Cal_kashi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:04 PM
it would seem to me to defeat the purpose to only use the preview thread for controversial instances because everytime we see it, it would just indicate that something really badass was about to happen, versus, having a perpetual preview thread which didn't make the distinction between a regular preview and one of explosive greatness. I think a solution would be to jsut have a preview thread, not dedicated to any particular episode, just a preview thread, you could even sticky it.

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:32 PM
good idea.... but they would still know if there was a bigger post count than normal....

but your right

Garr
Tue, 02-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
if she really is dead, then she be the first girl who ever died in the whole Naruto series.

Damn this episode is good. i've always thaught Shika is some lazy ass loser, but this episode shows his cool side.

Didn't both of living the exam participants from Sound get used for Oro's sacrifices during the Chuunin exams? I am pretty sure those were them in the dust after the revivals were stripped of their souls, but I could be wrong.

Assertn
Tue, 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
does it matter if people know something totally badass was shown in the previews or not?
even if they decided against watching them, it still wouldnt do anything but make them more excited for next week's ep

Rek
Tue, 02-22-2005, 10:59 PM
yeah, the sound genins had the chick Kin.... they let her die. Haku died (shutup) and the anbu chick.

and I don't think gaara's mom and aunt (shutup) count.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 02-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Haku was a guy. So in truth it was Gaara's mother/aunt who died first. But no one cared about her. This is the first true fight involving a female that actually died in battle that people are supposed to care about.

Assertn
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:58 AM
the anbu chick didnt die

Aeon
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:04 AM
When was an Anbu chick ever in danger of being killed? The only one I can remember is the purple haired one and she was never in danger.

Krbadass
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Hows the anbu chick have anything to do with 122

basey44
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:54 AM
i always get scared wen i see Krbadass has posted something, something bad always happens or something gets locked, i dunno maybe its just me. wen i see his name in the forums to me its as scarey as the blue screen of death
Krbadass, striking fear into the hearts of gotwooters
maybe its just me

Cal_kashi
Wed, 02-23-2005, 05:29 AM
flagrant system error
computer over
virus == very yes

?igma
Wed, 02-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Ive been too busy plyaing WoW, so pardon me if I dont read 9 pages of posts,but just state my opinion...

If the coolness of kimimaro wasnt alrdy at the bottom,it would now be IN the buttom!! + shika pwnz

Rek
Wed, 02-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
Haku was a guy. So in truth it was Gaara's mother/aunt who died first. But no one cared about her. This is the first true fight involving a female that actually died in battle that people are supposed to care about.

i think i told you to shut up.

kAi
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
Everything looked better in the manga. Kimimaro vs Naruto fight looks retarded because the animator can't have very kage bunshin running in to fight. The anime is just butchering Kimimaro.

Ya, he [Kimimaro] does the techniques so gay, they don't even look like techniques. Just random stabbing.

and they totally ruined his entrance, he should have just appeared out of nowhere and not been in the preview.

animefreak
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:33 PM
When was an Anbu chick ever in danger of being killed? The only one I can remember is the purple haired one and she was never in danger.

yea, who is this Anbu chick? and who is this purple haired girl, i saw her but i didn't know why she was there and who is that dead person, anyways?

Dezalanel
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
I know the purple haired ANBU girl was related or knew Hayate in some way, thats about it.