PDA

View Full Version : Episode 19 Discussion

Board of Command
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Well, great episode. Ichigo is starting to learn the ways of spirit power. It seems the soul slayers are more than just swords. Ichigo's soul slayer looks like some phantom, but he still doesn't know its name yet. I guess that's what he'll learn next episode.

I wonder what those shop people are. They're definitely not shinigamis.

kooshi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:03 PM
This is the exact thing I posted on the other thread since I thought the discussion was gonna be there.

Whoo, this episode rocked, as usual. Haha, so many funny parts. Chad's imagination of Karin, that fairy dude attacking Orihime, and Ichigo pissed off at Urahara at the end. That part with Ichigo and the hollow mask was so badass. Can't wait to see the showdown between Ichigo and Urahara.

LaZie
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM
maybe Sandal Hat is an ex-Shinigami =P

Board of Command
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Maybe. He might be similar to Rukia but is still hiding on Earth. How the other shop people fit into this I have no idea.

basey44
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
just ignore the other shop people and it makes sense

i was a little dissapointed wen he came out of the hole, i mean yea it was cool and all but it was drawn at a bad angle, looked way cooler in the manga sorry to say

http://img205.exs.cx/img205/843/01ichihollow0fh.jpg

Aeon
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:24 PM
OK after seeing Orihime's fairy team again I stand by my earlier post of not wanting to see her go to SS. It should be Tatsuki instead i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. This may be a little far fetched but something I thought about on my way home. If Ichigo has natural Death God powers and him and his two sisters can see ghosts but his dad can't could his mom possibly be from SS? Think about how she died, while Ichi was running to the lake the little boy could've become that hollow(forgot it's name) before he could kill him his mom could've jumped in the way, got hit but before she died did some kind of attack that made the hollow run away instead of killing Ichigo also. It's obvious that she had to see the hollow or else how could she jump in the way....

Foomanchew24
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Really liked this episode lots of cool stuff. I especially liked the spittining on ichigo, disgusting, yet very funny. Can't wait till next episode, seems like Lunar is releasing their subs at a faster pace so that is good too.

kooshi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
OK after seeing Orihime's fairy team again I stand by my earlier post of not wanting to see her go to SS. It should be Tatsuki instead . This may be a little far fetched but something I thought about on my way home. If Ichigo has natural Death God powers and him and his two sisters can see ghosts but his dad can't could his mom possibly be from SS? Think about how she died, while Ichi was running to the lake the little boy could've become that hollow(forgot it's name) before he could kill him his mom could've jumped in the way, got hit but before she died did some kind of attack that made the hollow run away instead of killing Ichigo also. It's obvious that she had to see the hollow or else how could she jump in the way....

Well, yeah, it sounds kinda logical that Ichigo's mom tried to protect him. Even though she probably could see ghosts + hollows, she probably kept it as a secret.

Destroyor
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Nice idea about how ichigo's mom, I never even thought about that. It could be true, considering even the manga haven't really mention anything about that.

Don't ask about the shop people if you are just anime watcher non-manga reader, you are just asking for a spoiler.

Aramis
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:31 PM
qualities of souls and genes obviously have different ways of passing on... that ichigo's parents do/don't have spiritual power may be of litte significance. will have to wait something to be said about this in the show

Munsu
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:36 PM
well when you think about him and his sister having great spiritual sensitivity and shit, you really have to wonder about if the parents had anything to do with it...

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:44 PM
direct.......downloads?

Munsu
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:53 PM
here's a bot list

http://www.hayaku.com/downloads/

Knives122
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Pretty cool ep, even though I dont read the manga It was pretty obvious that the person, talking to him was his sword(look at ep 16, and listen to what Renji says), the only thing I can say IMO that was bad about this ep, is that stupid hat thing whats her names brother wears on his head(that white flap thing)

jing
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I doubt his mom is a shinigami, because if SS finds out , shouldn't she be in big SHIT. I don't know the reason why his dad can't see ghosts though.... because we all know that those around him will be affected by his spiritual energy.

GLS
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
@basey - where did that picture come from? I looked around what I got of the manga and couldnt find it.
anyways... great episode! Ururu and Jinta looked like they were spittin' puddles of saliva on Ichigo. Yuk!

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Damn that pic from the manga was so cool almost made me want to start reading the mangai/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

The best thing about this ep was his soul slayers human form looking good, i wonder if we will se him/it in that form again.

kooshi
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Haha, that would be disgusting if you were in a hole and some kids from above were spitting on you. What made it worse for Ichigo was that he could barely move, lol.

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:21 AM
ok, i totally made a theory a while back that ichigo died in the 1st ep when he got rukia's powers......but i was wrong since he had the chain last week

but NOW he should be technically a dead soul that can possess his old body

diskrnguyjl236
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Wow... Im speechless..... Great episode....

oogly
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:23 AM
hey, kinda new to this forum

anyway just wanted to know if anyone knows what that song is that is playing while Ichigo is falling talking to that guy.

I dunno just sounded kinda cool and mellow, might not even be a full song.

basey44
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:26 AM
a soundtrack hasnt been released yet

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
ok, i totally made a theory a while back that ichigo died in the 1st ep when he got rukia's powers......but i was wrong since he had the chain last week

Does that mean that he cant go back living his old life as a living person.

NewTaxes
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Does that mean that he cant go back living his old life as a living person.

My guess would be deathgods are under a different set of rules, and the only reason he can return is because he still has a body back in the real world unlike Rukia which brings up some problems later I would imagine.

Munsu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:14 AM
they can always use the fake bodies to roam around the real world...

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
they can always use the fake bodies to roam around the real world...

yep.....he can "possess" his body like rukia possesses her gigai
or like how kon possesses that stuffed animal

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I wonder how Kon possesses the plushie. Could ya imagine the fun he could have if he had been put in something else?
Another question, how come the SS didn't just put the Kaizou konpaku into Gigai?

Mae
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
If it's your body, and your spirit is in it, then I think that would count as alive. I think it's more that as a shinigami he isn't as strictly tied to his body and his spirit can leave and roam around independently. However, if a human can become a shinigami, does that mean that all shinigami started out as humans?

Anyway, the ep was great. I liked how they introduced his sword. And how Ichigo losing his mind and becoming a hallow was represented by a disintegrating city. and Chad was cute. Those kids were evil though... "Ha, ha, You're going to die! Let's spit on you too!"

Assertn
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
I wonder how Kon possesses the plushie. Could ya imagine the fun he could have if he had been put in something else?
Another question, how come the SS didn't just put the Kaizou konpaku into Gigai?

its probably impractical to mass produce gigais, since they have to be all technologically sophisticated to simulate human characteristics, and the user has to be able to synchronize with it and keep it well-maintained, etc

while human bodies, on the other hand..require no more than a trip to your local graveyard

Rek
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
If it's your body, and your spirit is in it, then I think that would count as alive. I think it's more that as a shinigami he isn't as strictly tied to his body and his spirit can leave and roam around independently. However, if a human can become a shinigami, does that mean that all shinigami started out as humans?

Anyway, the ep was great. I liked how they introduced his sword. And how Ichigo losing his mind and becoming a hallow was represented by a disintegrating city. and Chad was cute. Those kids were evil though... "Ha, ha, You're going to die! Let's spit on you too!"

don't think of it as only 2 planes of existance : humans and spirits.

theres prolly entire civilizations in soul society, and possibly other places where mortals live.

The real question is whether or not ichigo's gonna still go to schoool and stuff... like where's he gonna live an junk... it'd be a little less interesting if he just ran around the world killing hollows instead of defending friends and family.... who knows?

NewTaxes
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
I honestly think the series would end before that happened.

diskrnguyjl236
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Might be off the topic but how many episodes is this..... and hope it doesnt get licsensed before it ends like naruto..................

jing
Fri, 02-18-2005, 06:57 PM
how many episode is undecided yet.

kooshi
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:53 PM
I've heard in some other forum that a probable max number is 52. I just hope that's not true, this anime ROCKS.

Munsu
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
i think where the manga is currently, can be accomplished in 52 episodes... but it really seems that the most important arcs are yet to come, so i think it will be longer

HaZMaTiK
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
i would drool if i found out there is more than 26 episodes

series deffently a dvd buy but i will prolly make my own lol

Destroyor
Tue, 02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
It's more then likely bleach anime is going to be longer then 56 eps, since it follow the manga and bleach manga is still going. The 13x eps rule only apply to a non-manga base series, take a look at naruto, inuyasha, etc, all of them have 56+ eps.

narutosharingan
Wed, 02-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Well if they go as long as the manga is now, it is probably around episode 50or so...i think i found like chpt 64 is where episode 19 is. If you do the math, that is about episode 49. Not to mention the manga doesnt look as though it is going to be over anytime soon.