PDA

View Full Version : narutards

Khellendros5
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone, whats up?

I am just writing this message to address the issue of the insult, Narutard.

I think Naruto is a great show. There is nothing wrong with that. Naruto's popularity directly proves this (also the qulaity of its plot, characters, setting etc.).

So why do some people hate on Naruto and its fans so much that they would go to the lengths to make up such a silly nickname like Narutard , to label its viewers?

The answer is simple:

People who call others Narutards in fact love Naruto also but lack the selfconfidence/selfassurity to feel comfortable watching a show that can be enjoyed by all ages, namely little kids. On a side note there is a show in the US like that, its called The Simpsons.

The other main reason why people who are against Naruto go to such lengths to hate on Naruto is the way Naruto began. We all know that Naruto as a series started off slow and REALLY cheesy. So all those "seroius", "I only watch anime like GunGrave and Cowboy Bebop" anime fans were like, Ohh man this show sucks! I'll never waste my time on Naruto again! Then 15 episodes later (give or take) Naruto really started to heat up and started to really get intense. But stubborn, "I see myself as a badass individual" anime fan had already made a pact with himself to NEVER watch Naruto again so it was too late.

So why do people call Naruto fans, Narutards? Because deep down inside they know they are missing out on one of the best anime running presently because they are too proud, and too insecure but they are too weak to do go back on their ways because they are afraid of getting made fun of by their Naruto hating peers who they hang out with and be insecure together with.

For the record for the first 5-10 eps of Naruto I even felt like i was wasting my harddrive space but i did something that seems to be unprecedented with the Naruto haters, I actually took a chance and invested some time into something that looked shakey but also showed promise.

Well thanks everyone, its been fun.

Dezalanel
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:10 PM
I dunno about you but the first season is a great season. I liked Naruto after watching the first episode. And if you notice it is other Naruto fans that call other Naruto fans Narutards....dont ask me why, cause I have no clue lol.

PSJ
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
okay new guy. i dont think you should comment on everything that is said here, many of the things that is said here may be inside jokes or things of that sort that you dont understand. so just chill and maybe read through some threads just to get a feeling of how we are here at GW forums.

Mut
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
wilik told us to welcome all the newbs, so...

hi, Khellendros5! welcome to gw! teehee!

calling people narutards is mean!@ >=(

*smilie*

bleh.

Dezalanel
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey do not be so quick to judge people just because they have never talked on THIS forum. I personally have been on many many forums and even admined a few. But alas I understand your hateness towards us lol, everytime new people come they are usually assumed as "noobs" that do not know anything.

PSJ
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM
the reason why i told you to read through a couple of threads and get the feeling of how we are at these forums was BECAUSE you may have been on other forums but that doesnt mean you understand how we are here. things can be diffrent you know.

anime050
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Okay, first of all. Do you even know the definition of a Narutard?

Well here it is just for kicks.

Narutard:

1. Commonly used in reference to a Naruto fanboy, who typically joins a channel that fansubs said anime to ask stupid questions.
2. A person claiming Naruto to be the best anime ever, even though he/she has not seen other series.
3. A hardcore Naruto fanboy whos most common sayings are "Naruto totally r0xXxorZ!!!" and "Naruto is teh best animeh evah!!!"
4. A person of an extremely low caliber of intelligence, intent on flaming and arguing about senseless topics, usually of the age of twelve; see PRIMATE
5. Idiots who go into #anbudom or Animeone n beg for anime n ask ton of stupid questions abt it like WHEN ISSIT GONNA BE RELEASED

Dezalanel
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
LOL, nice definition. Sounds like the exact people I want to choke haha. I can not stand when you get tons of young kids on forums...they always ruin things, wich spam threads and stupid questiosn and nothing to back up their agruements, etc.
Oh and Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya, you are right but I assume most forums are generally similar, they usually vary in degrees of how much spam is there and how much stupid people are tolerated haha.

joker-kun
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
Hey do not be so quick to judge people just because they have never talked on THIS forum. I personally have been on many many forums and even admined a few. But alas I understand your hateness towards us lol, everytime new people come they are usually assumed as "noobs" that do not know anything.

That was a total useless fact.

Khellendros5, let me explain why you are called "Narutards".

First off not all Naruto fans are called this. Some reasons they would are as follows:
1.) They're closeminded idiots that think Naruto is the "most uber" show around (or it "pwns" or "ownz").
2.) They are pretty much obsessed about it. Some indications of this is if they dream of naruto, constantly twisting plots so that they can have their "perfect" anime. Brining up elements of the show in everyday life.
3.) Can't admit another show is better in different area's or better period.
4.) You make 5000 "WHY NO NARUTO EPISODE THIS WEEK!!?!?!" topics if it doesn't air one week.
5.) This one will be stopped since it is actually licensed. You make a topic for every rumour of it being licensed.
6.) You try to make yourself part of the show, meaning when you are replying to Naruto threads you say things like " I am like him that way, I do what Sasuke does, i'm a pig like Naruto".
7.) Lastly, they're whiny little whores like yourself. Shut up and go away if you don't like being called a Narutard (I even capitalized it for you). Some consider me a geek for watching anime or fansubbing, I don't whine. You made a bad start by coming here whining about, and just proved yourself a Narutard.

Thank you and goodbye.

Assertn
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Khellendros5, only the first 3 episodes can be considered "cheesy", and only the 2nd episode was one i actually didnt like out of those....alot of people feel that the first saga of naruto was one of the best.

anyway....why did you post this? it sounds as if you're trying to reassure yourself that you aren't a loser by compromising the term "narutard" in a place where other naruto fans can prepossessly pat you and each other on the backs.

We all watch naruto here, and we don't really care what other people have to say about it.

P.S. I believe narutards are usually only referred to people who get to the point where they are annoying others because of it....so unless you go down the hall ranting about the series to everyone who isnt interested or bug fansubbers to speed their releases, then you shouldnt have to worry

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Dosen't the term narutotard also refer to people who spend to much money on various naruto products?

Looks like we are now on the edge of the narutard oblivion. If the show catches on there are going to be alot more and alot younger fans. I can imagine them all clamoring about what happens next and buying naruto crap like naruto lolly pops and naruto action figures. Don't forget about the naruto TCG.

Although despite the fact that the term narutotard has a quite a negative connotation there is no denying it's appeal. I mean the forums on gotwoot that get the most posts are the naruto ones.

I mean common there are not one or even two but THREE forums dedicated towards naruto.

Y
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM
The first 20 episodes of the show were the best storyarc. People only picked up on the "lol POWER FIGHT HIT HIT" aspect after the Haku fight; that was when it began attracting hordes of Narutards. To the surprise of no one, you got it completely backwards.

I think Naruto is a great show. There is nothing wrong with that. Naruto's popularity directly proves this

Popular != quality.

People who call others Narutards in fact love Naruto also but lack the selfconfidence/selfassurity to feel comfortable watching a show that can be enjoyed by all ages,

i/expressions/rolleye.gif

jing
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Khellendros5, I think you're clueless of what a Narutard is. If you're offended by everyone in this thread maybe you can relieve your depression or calm yourself by: "acting like you know how to throw a shuriken", cover one of your eyes with a head protector, practice speeding up your hand seals, making scrolls, and talk like this dattebayo. You're a narutard just admit it, don't try to sugarcoat it. By the way, the first saga was my favourite. You really suck.

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:42 PM
SO much New youngins registering to GW forums just for the sake of trying to find out if Aone is continuing =(

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
wilik told us to welcome all the newbs, so...

hi, Khellendros5! welcome to gw! teehee!

calling people narutards is mean!@ >=(

*smilie*

bleh.

LMFAO

mut you never cease to amaze me.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:06 PM
http://valethcosmo.free.fr/Forum/omfgkimi.jpg

YeahImSK
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:49 PM
starduck called me a narutotard when i posted a link to my forum last year lol

danholo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, new member.

I guess I'm a "nartuard" for finding out about this forum AFTER Naruto was licensed. But it seems like a nice forum for anime and manga in general so I guess I'll stay.

kAi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:10 PM
1. Commonly used in reference to a Naruto fanboy, who typically joins a channel that fansubs said anime to ask stupid questions.
ya, most definately,

but also remember that there are people out there that say 'narutard' to be part of the crowd without really knowing the meaning, and thinking that if you watch naruto you're considered a narutard, and don't they actually hide the fact they watch it. heh makes you laugh, yeah.

Assertn
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
welcome to the forums you noob...er....newcomers! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

trdae86
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:37 PM
hi there. noob to this forum. everyone ish a narutard. hehe.

Knives122
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
speaking of narutards, got this over at DB(I checked it first i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ) its actually quite funny but you may need to turn the volume first to actually hear it( I had to) http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/f/2004/265/e/0/narutard.swf

hmm thats weird I clicked on it just now and it worked fine(the link in my post works, while yours says forbidden(strange), try clicking on mine again

jing
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:10 AM
It said
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the page at http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/f/2004/265/e/0/narutard.swf. Please consult our help library if you need any assistance.

um. does that mean i have to have an account.

Himura_san
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I have no issue with the term Narutard, basically take it with a grain of salt. I don't obssess over the show but enjoy it alot. I do see alot of people put down the show when they really have not seen it, those people, well they can eat my shit i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Stoopider
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Okay, from this day onwards, all Narutards would be considered...

NInja lovers.

Uh.. that doesn't sound too good isn't it?

But Narutards need to change, its deragotaring.. It's naruto+retard.

Howabout Narutees, narutoes,, Narutons, narutens, narutels, narutogs i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SilentSnake
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by: jing
It said
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the page at http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4/f/2004/265/e/0/narutard.swf. Please consult our help library if you need any assistance.

um. does that mean i have to have an account.

Instead of just clicking the link, copy-paste it into your browser OR just download the file and it will work...

anime050
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by: trdae86
hi there. noob to this forum. everyone ish a narutard. hehe.

Especially you. =).

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Okay, from this day onwards, all Narutards would be considered...

NInja lovers.

Uh.. that doesn't sound too good isn't it?

But Narutards need to change, its deragotaring.. It's naruto+retard.

Howabout Narutees, narutoes,, Narutons, narutens, narutels, narutogs

Kinda agree that it should be changed. And from what I have seen in other forums, many people that call other's Narutards are people that think they are "elite anime fans" and don't bother watching "anime like Naruto". -.-

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I think Narutards fits perfectly, I actually possess several "--tard" titles. I wear them proudly.

And anyone who whines about Naruto getting licensed deserves to be called a Narutard, you should've known it was gonna happen sometime. And now there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Psyke
Fri, 02-18-2005, 06:00 AM
Having lesser posts doesn't mean one haven't been here long. It also doesn't mean one is a Narutard/noob/idiot. We should judge people from the quality of the posts not the quantity.

To me Narutard is the same as being an Otaku. Some see it as an insult, while some are proud to be one.

GhostKaGe
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:59 AM
narutards stand proud stand tall and know that your getting a class series

z0diac
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I basicly disagree with most of the things that were said about Naruto fans but mostly joker-kun's post. How is liking the series and i dont know, buying its products or something like that makes you a Narutard? meaning retard ... That happens with every anime and series people love, why is someone who likes naruto that much is a retard? I mean Naruto is a great show, the fact is so many people like it. You cant deny it. you're entitled to not like it but you cant call someone who talks about how much it ownz a retard.
My main point is that every series that people get hooked on and like causes these type of things to happen. people fanaticly liking it and discussing it. Its not just Naruto. You notice Naruto fans and call them Narutards because there are just so many of us Naruto fans out there.

KitKat
Fri, 02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by: Psyke
Having lesser posts doesn't mean one haven't been here long. It also doesn't mean one is a Narutard/noob/idiot. We should judge people from the quality of the posts not the quantity.

To me Narutard is the same as being an Otaku. Some see it as an insult, while some are proud to be one.

I completely agree. People at this forum are generally pretty good about giving others a chance to prove themselves. If you show that you have worthwhile and intelligent things to say, no one is going to call you a noob or a narutard. The people who DO get called narutards generally make exaggerated claims about things Naruto-related that show no rational thought (i.e. "chouji will kick all their ass cause he pwnz he is teh coolest"), or else they make a point of bragging about how Naruto-ized they have made their lives (i.e. wearing konoha headband everyday, practicing hand seals, memorizing the birthdays of the characters, etc.).

And, like Psyke said, some people embrace the term Narutard, and freely use it to describe themselves. They don't see it as an insult at all.

joker-kun
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by: z0diac
I basicly disagree with most of the things that were said about Naruto fans but mostly joker-kun's post. How is liking the series and i dont know, buying its products or something like that makes you a Narutard? meaning retard ... That happens with every anime and series people love, why is someone who likes naruto that much is a retard? I mean Naruto is a great show, the fact is so many people like it. You cant deny it. you're entitled to not like it but you cant call someone who talks about how much it ownz a retard.
My main point is that every series that people get hooked on and like causes these type of things to happen. people fanaticly liking it and discussing it. Its not just Naruto. You notice Naruto fans and call them Narutards because there are just so many of us Naruto fans out there.

Try reading the whole posts. Also I never said simply buying something makes you one, actually I don't recall mentioning anything about merchandise, but even if I did, unless it is a boxset of a series, if you spend hundreds to thousands on marketing scams (yes I alot are legit), then you a narutard. If I spent that money on any other anime I would be a beboptard or scrappedtard (referring to bebop and scrapped princess).

I love it how you say you disagree with my post as a whole, yet only defend one of the 6 points I made. Which i don't even recall making.

Also, it is up for debate what narutard means, for me it means tard, which has no relation to the term retard, which i don't use since it is rude to the mentally challenged. That's for me anyway, everyone may have their own definition of it.

Also Kitkat got it right aswell, as long as you act like an idiot, you will be thought of as one. When you make or say something useful and relevant (which this thread did not do), it just proves your stupidity.

Omri
Sun, 02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
All of you that say that they exept this word ("Narutard"), maybe you are trying to say that you do not care if somoene will know you're watching Naruto.
I don't mind if my friends will know that I watch it (They do know), BUT the meaning of the word is Naruto+Retard. It's base is insulting.
But maybe i you change the expression (Liek someone here said) it will be more appropriate.

Rynoa
Sun, 02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I knew about this forum before and came here randomly but I really though it was pretty bad 217361263123716238163 guests and only 15 people registered so I joined... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I couldn't care less if people call me a Narutard or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Guess what, if your even looking at this board, your already a Narutard.

And it rules!

Freakishmee
Mon, 02-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Naruto is fucking awesome,yes. no, it will not get you laid if used as a conversational tool.

*edit
wait, I wouldnt rule that out completely. nevermind

Captain Grammar
Mon, 02-21-2005, 08:43 PM
A Narutard is a person who's retarded about Naruto; childish, over-enthusiastic, and narrow-minded about the series. The name fits. If this is you, then you are a Narutard. If it isn't, don't worry about it.

Edit: Freakishmee, telling a girl you love Naruto will not get you laid.

Freakishmee
Mon, 02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
a working link

http://blueneon.xidus.net/spam/narutard.swf

Omri
Mon, 02-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by: Captain Grammar
A Narutard is a person who's retarded about Naruto; childish, over-enthusiastic, and narrow-minded about the series. The name fits. If this is you, then you are a Narutard. If it isn't, don't worry about it.

How can the word "retarded" can be something good to say to someone, it just can't be. It meanss that your'e brain so stupid that all you think about is naruto.

Captain Grammar
Tue, 02-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Omri, did anything I say about the meaning of the word that would connotate it being a nice thing to call someone?

No, it's not a nice thing to be called, but as they say, if the shoe fits...

Omri
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Some guys here think that to be called narutard measn that the person said so thinks highly of you.

It's the opposite way...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I consider it a compliment.

I'm retarded for Naruto.

Omri
Tue, 02-22-2005, 11:53 PM
DArthEnder, don't you think that other ward can say the same thing but politer?
Like...Hmm..something else!

(I'm genin ^^)

Captain Grammar
Wed, 02-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Narutomaniac, Narutist, Superawesomecoolnarutoloverdattebayo?

Nah, they just don't have the same feel. Narutard.

drunkgohan
Wed, 02-23-2005, 01:50 AM
All the "definitions" of the term narutard are ridiculous--it's not in the dictionary guys--unless of course you consulted with the official inventor of the word to get the original meaning. The haters who think Naruto is just the new Dragonball use narutard as a nasty insult for any fan. Naruto fans who are afraid of being seen as fanboys call others narutards to show how un-nerdly they are in comparison. Fans who are way over the top call themselves narutards and wear it like a badge. I wouldn't take it so seriously--the haters just hate because it makes them feel superior to be different from the crowd. They secretly watch mahou shoujo anyways i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Krbadass
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Yeah, everyone should be nicer. This can only turn into flame. locked