PDA

View Full Version : Trueno

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, why is it so damn good? High revving engine? 50/50 weight distribution?

S2k has the exact same thing...why is the Trueno so 'godly'

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:15 AM
because takumi is driving it, if he wasn't driving it , it wouldn't be as godly as it is, it totally depends on the driver and how well he c an control it, any piece of junk can be godly when an amazing driver is driving it

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I HATE MINIS... you dont undertsand how much i hate them. i think theyre an overpriced shitbox on wheels.
but if takumi starts driving one and makes it the best, then i would maybe start to like it.

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:52 AM
but obviously he still has a lot more improving to do, i mean he got owned by his dad driving the sti

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
yup his father is just a better driver then him and the subaru impreza sti is just a damn monster car no way a trueno can out drive an impreza

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:50 AM
do we even know how much the trueno is pushing? ive only watched the 4th stage and not any other stages (im dowloading).. all i know is his trueno is NA but it can beat a Track Tuned CTR with a Pro Driver and all these cars? The car itself is just way too godly by itself..

evoxdc
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:10 PM
240HP, I believe. The current engine came into play during Second Stage. It's a modified Racing Engine.

Mass Suicide
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
takumi has been trained throughout his middle schooll and highschool life no wonder why hes a god in the trueno but his father still has the upper edge i would really like to see his dad drive more.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I liked how hisfather crushed him with the new, Takumi was totaly shocked

The trueno is so good if the driver is skilled like Takumi,his father or someone else really good and if you tune it as good as Takumis father does.

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

The trueno is so good if the driver is skilled like Takumi,his father or someone else really good and if you tune it as good as Takumis father does.

i dont think the sti was tuned for takumi's dad.. and he walked all over takumi... *easy to drive*

his trueno has 240hp?
s2k has about that much, and they both have 50/50 weight distribution but i bet somewhere down the line hell beat an s2k..

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:57 PM
doesnt the trueno have a nascar engine... (sorry, havent watched past stage 1)
and a nascar engine should at least have 300... but hey since it is the prodigious trueno, it is only fair for it to only have 240hp since it is takumi whos driving it.

trdae86
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:32 AM
the motor should b a 20val jdm corolla/levin motor if your planing on doing something like that. hehe.

Kn1ves
Thu, 02-17-2005, 06:08 AM

uhh dude nascar is so..ur so off with that nascar comment.. nascar doesnt even allow any cars that arent made in america why would it be part of initial d...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by: Kn1ves

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

i dont think the sti was tuned for takumi's dad.. and he walked all over takumi... *easy to drive*

his trueno has 240hp?
s2k has about that much, and they both have 50/50 weight distribution but i bet somewhere down the line hell beat an s2k..

The car is alot better than Takumis car and his father is alot better than Takumi so of course he would lose.

Skill can only take you so far,the trueno wont have a chance against cars who are alot better even if Takumi is driving it.

intense
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:08 PM

uhh dude nascar is so..ur so off with that nascar comment.. nascar doesnt even allow any cars that arent made in america why would it be part of initial d...

lol thats why i asked i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif... and people been tellin me that when his engine blew up from the race with the Evo III, his dad bought him a new engine, which is supposably a nascar engine.. and hey, if its just the engine, why not?. the engine upgrade he got isnt a turbo engine. (knowing this since when the evo III and the trueno had a rematch, the guy said it wasnt turbo from the accelaration or something.)

ThelvynD
Fri, 02-18-2005, 02:33 AM
The car that Initial D is based on(at least engine wise since the car pictured in the link is a Corolla Levin and Takumi drives a Trueno Sprinter) in the later episodes happens to be this one on this page HERE (http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/IIda%20AE86%20project.htm). It's a Group A racing spec engine that was not available to the general public and had about 255HP with a redline of 11,000 RPM.

Kn1ves
Fri, 02-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by: ThelvynD
The car that Initial D is based on(at least engine wise since the car pictured in the link is a Corolla Levin and Takumi drives a Trueno Sprinter) in the later episodes happens to be this one on this page HERE (http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/IIda%20AE86%20project.htm). It's a Group A racing spec engine that was not available to the general public and had about 255HP with a redline of 11,000 RPM.

good stuff and welcome to the forums! anyways, for $100,000 US i might as well build a diff car if im only gonna use it for track. turbo integra type r + awd could outrun that car + it has superior handling to begin with...or maybe ill end up just like that CTR in initial D

ThelvynD
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey thanks. BTW if you haven't already seen it here's some pictures of the actual roads that Initial D used along with some of the memorable corners seen in the anime. LINK (http://www.gallerystage.com/) It's in japanese but if you click the gallery link on the left side you can get to the picture gallery of all the courses.

JusDaMan
Fri, 02-18-2005, 07:13 PM
It's not the car, Its the driver... Takumi can probably push alot of cars to it's limit to make it go fast... He was using iktsuki's(iggy for you who watch TP version) 85levin and win 2 races against people who have faster cars in AKINA. That is not about car speed but driver's ability. But as of current... dad's subaru imperza WRX has more speed than the 86 but if it was someone like iktsuki who is driving it there will be no chance for it to win because the driver's ability. Give him a dam Fararri or Lambourgini and he probably can't win a mountain pass race (if it was drag race its a different story)

Hakeem_21
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:03 PM
He won cause their cars werent so good they were better than the 85 but they were not as good as the turbo car that Takumi lost to.

Kn1ves
Tue, 02-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
It's not the car, Its the driver... Takumi can probably push alot of cars to it's limit to make it go fast... He was using iktsuki's(iggy for you who watch TP version) 85levin and win 2 races against people who have faster cars in AKINA. That is not about car speed but driver's ability. But as of current... dad's subaru imperza WRX has more speed than the 86 but if it was someone like iktsuki who is driving it there will be no chance for it to win because the driver's ability. Give him a dam Fararri or Lambourgini and he probably can't win a mountain pass race (if it was drag race its a different story)

heh, ill show u a vid of an lancer evo beating an lambourgini murcielago...theyre not as great or as cracked up as u think... now if takumi could beat an evo viii... then iuno what to think anymore..

idontnoh
Wed, 02-23-2005, 03:39 AM
he does beat an evo iii in stage 3...

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
evo iii is diff from evo viii
(3 diff from 8)

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-23-2005, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by: JusDaMan

heh, ill show u a vid of an lancer evo beating an lambourgini murcielago...theyre not as great or as cracked up as u think... now if takumi could beat an evo viii... then iuno what to think anymore..

O.o... is the evo vs lambourgini in a mountian pass? or drag racing field lol.. cause if its a drag racing field... 70% of the time its probably the drive can not drive for SHIT lol...

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
promise to not rape my bandwidth? haha
the race was between a..well.. just download and watch

http://kn1ves.illusivedesigns.net/misc/video/cars/eVo.wmv

Save target as..

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-23-2005, 09:36 PM
ok my brother! u can put it down now... i downloaded it

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
i dont mind sharing it with everyone else

kclo4
Thu, 02-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I would just like to be the first to point out one simple fact.

Initial d is a TV show.

That being said, one should also understand that TV shows have very little factual representation of things that happen in real life.

Stoopider
Wed, 03-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by: kclo4
I would just like to be the first to point out one simple fact.

Initial d is a TV show.

That being said, one should also understand that TV shows have very little factual representation of things that happen in real life.

Yup.

But I like the fact that their not 'overly' exxagerating it. That each battle is still a close run battle. But driving on the mountain is still different from normal track racing. That the corners are so bloody sharp and dangerous, that taking it at 40kph is a hazard.

I doubt his Trueno is of any real match to rally cars unless his driving is beyond godlike , but rally vs Supercars, they should bring a decent challenge. Plus his Trueno is supposedly tuned to near perfection for each mountain passes.

JTD121
Wed, 03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
This may or may not be off topic.

Can someone with a bunch of AE86 knowledge help me out? I know that the 86 in Initial D is an AE86 GTS with the AE111 TRD-tuned engine in it.

So, my question is related to real AE86's. Can someone tell me what the difference is (if any real difference) between an AE86 GTS and an AE86 SR5? And why would one convert from the SR5 to the GTS?

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

snowball
Wed, 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM
the egine is from a toyota atlantic race car prob (nascar shudder) and the AE86 has a huge weight advantage over the s2k

snowball
Wed, 03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
ive got a vid of a Lambo geting beat down on the track by a SVT ford focus (they suck on the track, their pigs)

as for 86 VS SR5

the SR5 is a carberated weaker version of the GT-S
the GT-S has a slightly tighter suspension setup too i think

JTD121
Wed, 03-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Alright, so the GT-S is more of a racing car than the SR5? That seems to be the only major difference between the two models. Okay, now I know why I saw a couple on eBay saying they weren't SR5 conversions...I didn't know what the different was between the two models. Yes, I was looking for 86's on eBay, sue me. ;p

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

ThelvynD
Wed, 03-09-2005, 10:53 PM
From Club4AG.com

In the USA, AE86 and AE92 came in trims called the SR5 and GTS. The GTS was basically the trim level which included the 4A-GE DOHC engines in both versions of the Corolla. In the AE86, the driveline from transmission to the rear differential was different and included a lower 4.3 final gear ratio in the 5 speed transmission. The SR5 was 4.1, as well as the few AT equipped GTS. The GTS package also included rear disc brakes, higher grade interior trim, and body color front bumpers. Cosmetically the GTS also were trimmed with larger side moldings, Twin Cam 16 decal, and rear spoiler. SR5 versions had drum brakes and black bumpers as door moldings. In the case of AE92, the rear wing and side skirts were standard on the GTS as well as decals.

Also... check THIS (http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/4AC-3AC%20to%204A-GE%20Conversion.html)