PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto licensing Q&A!

Ciber
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Q.Will AonE continue subbing Naruto?
A. Yes.

Q. Did ANBU drop Naruto?
A. Yes

Q. Where will we find your new Naruto torrents?
A. On the GotWoot Torrent page.

Q. Whose tracker will you be using?
A. We have our own tracker.

Q. What will you do if you get any C&D letters?
A. Blow up all the servers and move to Canada.

If you have any other questions, post them here.

MasamuneXGP
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Have there been any reports of Naruto being liscensed Inuyasha-style, season-by-season? Or is this something that has yet to be determined?

Ciber
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:02 PM
That information has not been released, yet.

G-Pong
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Will there still be torrents or will it be IRC releases only?

Ciber
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by: G-Pong
Will there still be torrents or will it be IRC releases only?

Both, as always.

JusDaMan
Tue, 02-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Ever think about Joining with Dattebayo(DB) now that Anbu's dropping it?

Ciber
Tue, 02-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan

No.

intense
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I got this from ANBU's forums

"You can be sure that Viz/Shopro will be cracking down on those underground subbers like shit on velcro, AonE being the biggest and thus, the first target.

They'll start by sending legal papers to the tracker/website owner, then they'll try to find your IPs through your website/IRC server, and then they'll send legal papers to your ISPs.

Seems like a pretty futile thing to do. There's too much at stake to risk anything whatsoever for the sake of feeding some narutards' addiction. "

WHat is your say on this quote and the fact that Aone is the number 1 target?
man... hopefully Aone wont end up like Lokitorrent. Id really hate it if Aone gets shut down for such a thing.

ssjwes
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Im very happy to hear that Naruto will still be released with subs. Im new to this site and was wondering will I be able to get the sub Naruto from here or will i have to got to another site to get ? Im sorry if this is a dumb questioni/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I think you said it is but im not sure

sorry found it on the main page sorry for stupid questioni/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Now that the other site i used to get it from will be not UL/DL it i can send my donations to this sitei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Y
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by: intense

"You can be sure that Viz/Shopro will be cracking down on those underground subbers like shit on velcro, AonE being the biggest and thus, the first target.

They'll start by sending legal papers to the tracker/website owner, then they'll try to find your IPs through your website/IRC server, and then they'll send legal papers to your ISPs.

Seems like a pretty futile thing to do. There's too much at stake to risk anything whatsoever for the sake of feeding some narutards' addiction. "

man... hopefully Aone wont end up like Lokitorrent. Id really hate it if Aone gets shut down for such a thing.

That is just some random guy's opinion. Viz also licensed the Naruto manga two years ago and hasn't sent Inane any threatening letters - or at least ones that carry legal weight.

Lefty
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:48 PM

The fact that they will go to those means to stop the illigal subbing of a series seems like a big waste. The amount of people that watch the illigal subs id say are going to be small in compasison to the amount of people who are willing to buy a decent dub and good sub. It all hangs on how much they f-up the translation. I'm willing to buy the DVD's but only if they are willing to have 4 eps per disk for under 25 dollars. If Aone gets thrashed due this whole legal battle ShoPro adn who ever gets the series is pissing off a huge cut of there fans base even before the series is released. Thats bad buisness. If aone stops we all under stand why but some one will still sub the series probably a rouge person form Datte or Aone. It will never truly end. They're still subing One piece and thats on fox right now

Mut
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:03 AM
i'm just surprised that there aren't 50 'NARUTO GOT LICENSED OMFG' threads.

Yurami
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:15 AM

I think that's an exaggeration. Viz licensed Inuyasha as well, and several groups fansubbed that anime right up until it ended. Inuyasha had already been licensed for at least a few YEARS, and fansubbers were still going strong with that series. It's not like the fansubbers were deep, dark underground organizations, either.

Board of Command
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
I guess lisensors only focus on regular-length series like 13 to 26 eps long. Those series fit on one DVD set, so they want those to SELL. Long series are much more expensive to buy and less people buy the complete set, so I guess they don't focus on them as much, such as the case of Inuyasha.

Ciber
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:53 AM

That guy is just paranoid, thanks to the MPAA's recent scare tactics.

Lefty
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Fuck the MPAA there a bunch os assholes. I agree with the reasons but not the tactics.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:21 AM
EDIT: Nm, I see it now.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:12 AM
So AonE will continue to sub it unless and S&D order comes about?

Krbadass
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by: Prof. Chaos
So AonE will continue to sub it unless and S&D order comes about?

Correct

NL|MegaMika
Wed, 02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
And in the worst case, when they DO receive a legal letter, they just change the group's name to Fork of Knive (FMA fans will know what I mean) ^_^

But great that you guys are willing to continue. I'm a great fan of AonE's fansubs since the first episode was released 2,5 years ago.

Sam98034
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:00 AM
I don't get the Fork of Knive thing.

Suede
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:48 AM
I really dont believe we will run into any problems. Naruto is already on episode 122 in Japan and no one knows how long the anime is going to run for. No matter how fast they brought Naruto to the states, if they plan on putting it on television, they will have alot of catching up to do to catch up to its japanese counterpart. Lets just hope these guys arent like ADV, and they appreciate all the hard work AONE/ANBU and all the other groups put in to make this anime so popular in the states and all over the world.

BadGuy
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:41 AM
tbh it's nothing weird that we are continueing the series. Even if it got licensed... I get why people are happy about it. But if we didn't anything you would say definitly wouldn't make us go "Oh random nub on gw forum told us we have to continue and he sounded really serious so let's just go".

And on another note ... as far as I know they don't have any address to mail to and contact us so...

Tatsuo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
I would like all of you to join me in voicing our concerns about how ShoPro handles naruto
( names changes, editing content and so on). Please do so in a nice manner or they will ingore you.

http://www.shopro-entertainment.com/contact.html

NL|MegaMika
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by: BadGuy
But if we didn't anything you would say definitly wouldn't make us go "Oh random nub on gw forum told us we have to continue and he sounded really serious so let's just go".

I don't understand a word of that sentence.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by: NL|MegaMika

But if we didn't anything you would say definitly wouldn't make us go "Oh random nub on gw forum told us we have to continue and he sounded really serious so let's just go".

ditto

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by: Sam98034
I don't get the Fork of Knive thing.

fork and spoon where fansubbers who subbed FMA till the end despite the fact it was licensed.

AND im also glad to hear the answers towards my question.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Ah crap I was really hopeing no one would touch naruto until I got out of college so I could be the one to license it and make millions crap!

I told you we should have combined out resources or have done something to get our hands on it. We've all pissed away a collective fortune.

There is a bright side to all this. At least we can go up to obnoxious kids who think they know everything about naruto and ruin the story line for them. Hehehehehe

Madell
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Now that Naruto is licensed, when will it come out in America ?

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:28 AM
LOL!!!! strait up.... 90000000000 new users just registered to gotwoot forums... ahahahah

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Crap, naruto fan said that there getting rid of the bittorret tracker. They also said that the one on scary water and animesuki would be taken down as well.

Can someone please tell me how the hell I'm supposed to use bittorret to get naruto now?

bobe1
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:50 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, i cant thank you enough to show you how happy i am that you dont give a shit about licences and are continuing with naruto, and if you keep going till naruto stops ill give you a prize, like a dollar or something

jing
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by: bobe1
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, i cant thank you enough to show you how happy i am that you dont give a shit about licences and are continuing with naruto, and if you keep going till naruto stops ill give you a prize, like a dollar or something

crappy prize. would have expected more from a narutard.

Point357
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:37 AM
will naruto still be legal to download elsewhere? like south america, or the united kindom? and will torrents be harder to find now?

Kn1ves
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by: Point357
will naruto still be legal to download elsewhere? like south america, or the united kindom? and will torrents be harder to find now?

im guessing they will be as hard to find as they are now.
so no. not hard to find

TheEvil1
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by: LobsterMagnet
Crap, naruto fan said that there getting rid of the bittorret tracker. They also said that the one on scary water and animesuki would be taken down as well.

Can someone please tell me how the hell I'm supposed to use bittorret to get naruto now?

this is from animesuki as of 2 seconds ago

Naruto "licensed" by ShoPro Entertainment
On February 15th ShoPro Entertainment announced it was appointed the main licensor for Naruto in the USA. This has lead many to claim Naruto has been licensed. However AnimeSuki sees ShoPro only as a middle-man and not an anime company which releases anime themselves. As such we're not marking it licensed yet. Please note that this situtation may change at any time. Also the ShoPro "license" means Naruto is now much more likely to be licensed in the US, especially by VIZ.
( discuss this topic on the AnimeSuki Forum )

so it will still be there untill the say so

AonE has its own tracker as well

and im sure itll be up on boxtorrents and Tokyo Toshokan as well ad hongfire if animesuki takes it down

skyleung
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone I am new to this forum but I am not new to aone. I am living in Japan but I am not a Japanese nor American.
Yet my Japanese is not good enough so all the subs made by aone really helped me a lot in both enjoying the anime and learning better Japanese. For this, I would like to give a warm thanks to all aone crews (or whatever you call)

It was quite sad when I first saw Naruto was licensed, to say the truth, I hate those license craps and DVDs in Japan are expensive and without sub, not even a japanese sub.
One DVD usually has only 8-10 episodes but costs 5000yen (around USD50) and guess the whole series of Naruto will cost you how much?

But now I saw this post and really excited some guys like you can go on working on it. Especially when I saw this:
Q. What will you do if you get any C&D letters?
A. Blow up all the servers and move to Canada.

I really hope these subbing can continue no matter what happened, and remember that there are always some fans are supporting your work.

You are my hero. :-)

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:39 AM
LOL... look at all the new people on the forums just because of naruto. you could fully choose the mout from all the others.
now weere gonna have all these noobs who doesnt have any clues about forums rules, PLUS theyre mostly gonna have oversized sigs

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Glad to hear that animeone will continue. I prefer their translation.

Though i was wondering if dattebayo has made a official statement as to whether or not they will continue subbing the series?

Ill search the forum, though i thought i would ask in this thread first (since its specifically about the license and it would be good to have as much info related to this in the thread as possible)

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by: skyleung
It was quite sad when I first saw Naruto was licensed, to say the truth, I hate those license craps and DVDs in Japan are expensive and without sub, not even a japanese sub.
One DVD usually has only 8-10 episodes but costs 5000yen (around USD50) and guess the whole series of Naruto will cost you how much?

You are insane... 8-10 eps at 50 dlls expensive?
The releases in USA normally only have 4-5 eps for the same 50 dlls...

Anyway... a question:

How is the project affected once more withouth ANBU? Or is it like the last separation?

Winged Dancer
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

I'm as suprised as you are. I was expecting the forum to be half-flooded with incoherent babbling and death treaths to all who bought the licensed DVDs.

But anyway -

First, kudos to AonE for not dropping it. I had guessed they wouldn't, since they have continued subbing and releasing licensed anime such as Kyou Kara Maou.

Second, I wouldn't worry about finding the torrents. AonE has its own tracker, and even if Scarwater decided to take the Naruto torrents down (which isn't really their style...), doesn't gotw00t have its own tracker?

Finally, God, I can only hope they'll distribute it in Latin America as well, if only to hear the dubbing!! Inuyasha sucked big time in spanish, but it was amusing to watch just for the sake of laughing.

sangai
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:03 PM
my two cents

THANK GOD IT WASN"T FUNIMATION OR 4KIDS that got the lisncense im not sure what or what sho pro has done, but im lookin into that now, hopefully they won't ruin the series like funimation or 4kids would have...

naruto's fan base if for adults not children...so if they are a children based fan dubbers there will be unhappy custuma's.

nice to see aone will continue there butiful work.

nests
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Some good news
Click here (http://www.narutofan.com/)

PSJ
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:08 PM
im just sorry for the americans who have to live to see this anime dubbed, but dont worry end your life and you wont live to see this horrible day when naruto will air on american tv. as for me im cool as long as there are fansubbers doing the show..

BadGuy
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by: NL|MegaMika

"But if we didn't" means > if we didn't continue naruto
the next part means that there is nothing you can say that would make us go [see quoted sentence above]

If you still don't understand you are just an idiot

Foomanchew24
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
I was browsing around the web and found this article and thought it might be of some interest. Its about new series going to cartoon network

http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=588&document=4

i looked a little more on this site and it seems noruto will be in the toonami programming block that goes from 7-11pm, there was no mention as to what time it would air during toonami.

http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=597

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe it wont be butchered too bad if it goes to cartoon network.. though i guess that would depend on what time of the day it would come on.

GamingGodP
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Well, it was going to happen one day or another, and that day came.

One thing people need to realise is, ShoPro didn't liscence the series to look good. They liscenced it so that they could make money.

If they kept the series good but they make little to no money off of it, then what's the point?
If they turn the series into a childish series, and becomes another pokemon type series, the series will suck but ShoPro will make alot of money.

Like it or not, ShoPro is going to do what they have to do to make money. They are a business.

Dezalanel
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
"The show will be aimed at young viewers and their parents. "
Well that sux. It is not going on Adult Swim(which I do not like still but is better than Toonami) It is coming to Toonami 3rd quarter this year. I think I will just not watch it at all and continue dling subs where I can lol.

Lefty
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Have we all forgoten that inuyasha aired on the old tonai bloack at like 11 back in the day. Plus if you look at the series it's not that violent. A few splash's of blood here and there. the only part that's getting butchered is the dialoge. I'd say it will air twards the end of the toonami block. like Yu Yu haku was.

weakest anbu
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
if only aone sub naruto FASTER that will be good ^^ Hopefully db will continue otherwise i will just have to watch chinese sub naruto.

this forum is pretty empty compare to narutofan. if you wanna read spams go there.

Anyways its still a good news that aone continue subbing Naruto... cant do much to show my gratitude so here have a little smily face i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by: weakest anbu

this forum is pretty empty compare to narutofan. if you wanna read spams go there.
also, this forum's members' intelligence levels are much, much higher than the ones at narutofan forums.

PSJ
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:27 PM
wow mut is praising us thats a first. i guess everything can happen.

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
Have we all forgoten that inuyasha aired on the old tonai bloack at like 11 back in the day. Plus if you look at the series it's not that violent. A few splash's of blood here and there. the only part that's getting butchered is the dialoge. I'd say it will air twards the end of the toonami block. like Yu Yu haku was.

yea, they did hamtaro and sonic-x too though.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I have a feeling Mut wasn't loved by his parents when he was little so he takes it out on everyone else. I don't think he was praiseing us, he just hates the people at naruto fan more than he hates everyone here.

blacken
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:04 PM
erm well yah that really doesnt sound like good news, i was hoping adult swim would pick it up like Inuyasha or FMA, now they will cut out all the blood, sexxy no jutsu is gonna be cut down , and i really dont want to hear doppleganger technique when naruto does his kage bunshin , i mean thats just wrong. have you guys read the english manga and the weird names they give to some of the techniques. Its just wrong. Now its going to Toonami, that just makes me want to cry they cut out some of the bette bloody parts in the DB, DBZ, DBGT series, and it really wasnt all that great to start with , then take out the better parts o_O, and what are you left with.

I just want to know who is getting the official licence or if sho-pro will do what it did to Inuyasha and produce it itself instead of handing it over to another company that way I can start sending , mail and spam, and every piece of material , I can get my hands on to let them know not to mess with a great anime.

i/expressions/brokenheart.gif I dont want to hear doppleganger technique do you i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Lefty
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: privateparts

And those shows were geared towards kids, Naruto is a little higher on the age bracket.

Arog
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
naruto will be airing on Cartoon Network Toonami in a couple of months - https://Article (http://]http://www.narutofan.com/comments.php?nid=254c35e52291fe5fed344e2606dac83f& page=last)

oh boy and DB still ahve no comment whether they will continue to sub it =(

AND DB will close all torrents

interactii changes topic to 'Welcome to #DB - http://yhbt.mine.nu/ < Rules+FAQ+THE GUIDE - No comment at this time about whether or not we are continuing Naruto. - News Flash - Licence Offical. To air on cartoon netowrk in Fall. Torrents to be termiated in 1 week.'

msx - the owner of a.scarywater wants all naruto torrents to be removed in 1 week - does not want to serve licensesd stuff so DB is just closing the tracker to comply with his rules/agreements

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by: blacken
erm well yah that really doesnt sound like good news, i was hoping adult swim would pick it up like Inuyasha or FMA, now they will cut out all the blood, sexxy no jutsu is gonna be cut down , and i really dont want to hear doppleganger technique when naruto does his kage bunshin , i mean thats just wrong. have you guys read the english manga and the weird names they give to some of the techniques. Its just wrong. Now its going to Toonami, that just makes me want to cry they cut out some of the bette bloody parts in the DB, DBZ, DBGT series, and it really wasnt all that great to start with , then take out the better parts o_O, and what are you left with.

I just want to know who is getting the official licence or if sho-pro will do what it did to Inuyasha and produce it itself instead of handing it over to another company that way I can start sending , mail and spam, and every piece of material , I can get my hands on to let them know not to mess with a great anime.

I dont want to hear doppleganger technique do you

NOOOOO!!!!!!! Sound's horrible.

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM

And those shows were geared towards kids, Naruto is a little higher on the age bracket.

Yea, but i worry that they will try to appeal naruto to a different age demographic thinking (knowing) they can make more money out of it.

Young adults probably dont buy as many toys as tweens and younger kids do. Censor the show, add goofy voice acting, and parents will be happy to let their kids watch the show.

Blood, death, "adult themes" and swearing would go. I wonder how they will hide Tunsade's boobs though.

Copy from another board, i thought this was pretty funny.. though maybe bang on too:

All jokes aside, what can we expect?:
1) Tunsade's tits reduced by 3 cup sizes
2) Sasuke will sound like Sonic
3) Naruto will sound liek tails
4) Most obvious: Micheal will star as Orochimaru
5) Sexy No Jutsu will be changed to attractive Spell
6) Gama Bunta will be renamed Frogga B
7) Sharigan will be ranmed to : Eye-SPIN-NOW!
8) Itachi will have forced the Uchiha clan into another village
9) If worst comes to Pikachu will be Naruto Side Kick

JusDaMan
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey... It won't be THAT bad now that its in Toonami.... Its still BAD and it will still have Little elemetary school kids screaming "NINJA POWA" but... its not on a Broadcast television network so it's good. But i still rather they put it on the Adult swim block instead of toonami

LaZie
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:58 PM
now that it will b on toonami, i wonder how it will look like when Kakashi does a chidori on haku >.<

SierraSonic
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:15 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/1naruto1/petition.html

I know it may not do much, and it already was flooded by morons, but if it coudl help in the least we shoudl atleast try right?

*Yes this is my first post, Hi everyone!* i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Y
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Sadly, Naruto has been licensed by ShoPro Entertainment/ VIZ

Christ, anime fans are a whiny bunch.

Ciber
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

I'm as suprised as you are. I was expecting the forum to be half-flooded with incoherent babbling and death treaths to all who bought the licensed DVDs.

But anyway -

First, kudos to AonE for not dropping it. I had guessed they wouldn't, since they have continued subbing and releasing licensed anime such as Kyou Kara Maou.

Second, I wouldn't worry about finding the torrents. AonE has its own tracker, and even if Scarwater decided to take the Naruto torrents down (which isn't really their style...), doesn't gotw00t have its own tracker?

Finally, God, I can only hope they'll distribute it in Latin America as well, if only to hear the dubbing!! Inuyasha sucked big time in spanish, but it was amusing to watch just for the sake of laughing.

The GotWoot tracker IS AonE's tracker, and ScaryWater will be taking the Naruto torrents down since mxs does not track licensed anime.

Destroyor
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Kudos for not dropping naruto.

Anyway the worst thing that could happen is every single major fansub group drop naruto, then out of nowhere a whole bunch of new underground group take over.

I'm not surprise naruto got license, but I'm surprise at how this thread is not being flood to like page 2x.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:44 PM
If AonE could just release it quicker nothing would be different imo.

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:45 PM
All the hardcore fans are probably still too busy crying in their pillows to come here and complain about it.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

YeahImSK
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:09 PM
ever think that ANBU might leak you guys out? I mean, what I've seen of starduck, excuse me, hes a bitch.

Doompa
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks for hosting the torrents. Do you know where I can find a torrent of episodes 101-120? I'm trying to get them off IRC currently but I'm queued badly

Ciber
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by: Doompa
Thanks for hosting the torrents. Do you know where I can find a torrent of episodes 101-120? I'm trying to get them off IRC currently but I'm queued badly

We'll have a batch torrent of those eps up soon.

danholo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:37 PM
I found out about this forum BECAUSE Naruto got licensed. I would've joined earlier if I would've heard of this place. Seems very nice especially because of lack of tons of picture sigs that are plain annoying and a lack of inane posts.

MethoDX
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey there. I know I'm new here and all. But I have gotten all of my eps from you guys. (pretty much)

I want to thank you for not dropping it. Some people might not appreciate it but to me it's very nice of you guys.

Quick question, I have seen all up to 121, are you guys planning on releasing further eps solo, or just grouping them in bundles?

If you plan to release them at all. Will it be quite sometime before it's all set up?

I too hope that they appreciate all the hard work you guys went through to make this show so popular in the states.

NM
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
AnimeOne is still going to be releasing them one episode at a time. The episodes are put into a batch torrent as 10 episodes pass by, making the torrent small and even.

Deblas
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
the only thing that im dissapointed of is that because its in toonami they're gonna have to edit some violent parts from naruto unless they move it to adult swim which would be better

kaigan
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:08 PM
it's a sad day for every1, but i am glad some are still subbing. worst come to worst, the raw is still out and you can still read the manga to kind of know what they are talking about.

Y
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by: kaigan
it's a sad day for every1

This has got to stop - seriously.

sasukeisdaman
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:14 PM
alot of people did recently join but im glad im not one of them
now maybe we can have our cake and eat it too. Meaning we can see how bad they do naruto justice while still being able to watch the current episodes

basey44
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:43 PM
im gonna be pissed wen my 4 year cousin comes up to me and says "hey have u seen naruto, its da coolest, lets play ninjas"

privateparts
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:49 PM
I cant wait to see all the kids in naruto costumes for halloween.

Ill teach them a few ninja movies..

Y
Wed, 02-16-2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/naruto2/petition.html

basey44
Wed, 02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I cant wait to see all the kids in naruto costumes for halloween.

Ill teach them a few ninja movies..

lol kage bunshin no jutsu

http://img180.exs.cx/img180/9515/kagebunshinnojutsu7iu.jpg

i cnat actually remember who posted this first, sorry

KameronFrye
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien

hehe, there's actually 5 signatures on that one versus the other petition having 175 already. =b

I'm glad it's been licensed and all, since this means the games come overseas as well. Unfortunately, we won't get the games until summer of next year at the earliest (except the GBAs), but still. That + working in a retail enviroment that sells anime on a series like this makes me that much happier about having decent shit to sell vs. having to churn out the crappier releases.

miaka
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:34 AM
DB is continuing ......totally confirmed

Y
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by: KameronFrye

hehe, there's actually 5 signatures on that one versus the other petition having 175 already. =b

mine is deliberately a gag petition, whereas the other is a shitty whinefest from arrogant fanboys. which is appreciated more on the Internet?

diskrnguyjl236
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by: miaka

Really? Didnt someone say that DB dropped Naruto?

*still crying in my pillow and its the 2nd day

miaka
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:59 AM
lol.. read the 122 release one.. they released it.... so yes... they are continuing

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by: diskrnguyjl236

Originally posted by: miaka

Really? Didnt someone say that DB dropped Naruto?

*still crying in my pillow and its the 2nd day

heh ok, you can stop crying now, a sub is out... go dl it ^^

Lefty
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by: KameronFrye

mine is deliberately a gag petition, whereas the other is a shitty whinefest from arrogant fanboys. which is appreciated more on the Internet?

Dude your being a mild ass on this. Granted there is a lot of whining and what not. At the heart of the petiton is people just wanting the integrety of the series to stay intact like the names of the Jutsu's and what not. If these change just for the fact that Americains can't handle it then they're under estimating the intelligense of the masses which is somewhat insulting. Fuck you man.

Mut
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:36 AM
wow, online petitions have as much 'power' as a hobo on the streets demanding you to give him money.

will either one of the two work? no.

privateparts
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:47 AM
does the hobo have a dull knife? that sorta changes things

kuso gaki
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:14 AM
DB is fast, but they're not all that great. They do something screwy with their frame-timing, too - which you would notice if you ever tried to import an epsidoe into a video editing software. I like that they're so fast, but I like AonE & ANBU's translations & fonts better.

It is counter-productive for ShoPro/Viz to attack fansubbers of highly rated anime's, which is why I don't think they attacked Inuyasha fan-subbers. Do they really want to piss off 80,000 hardcore fans by forcing us to wait 3-4 years to see the next episode? (123 for example) I don't think so. We've been desperate to get our hands on ANY official Naruto stuff, so they're gonna make a lotta cash. I think their BIGGEST problem is all the damn hong kong bootleg dvd & knockoff collectibles. If they market it to the extent of DBZ (or more) I can guarrantee them about $1-2k in sales from me alone... =)

I am dreading the bad translations, renamings of characters and bad acting. And the hype will be unreal. I am expecting a bigger response than DBZ, even. And let's hope they bring over the movie, too! Where is the movie? Didn't it get released on dvd in Japan this month??? I must bug my local asian video store to get it in.

jya na!

Lefty
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:17 AM
wow, online petitions have as much 'power' as a hobo on the streets demanding you to give him money.

will either one of the two work? no.

No. If people want to make that diffrence they need to mail paper letters into the company by the hundreads if not thousands. So as privetparts said thye need to be that knife wielding Hobo.

Tatsuo
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:24 AM
If you are concearned about how ShoPro handles the nmaes of the charecters and
Jutsu's it would be much more affactive to voice your concerns here, rather then an online
petiton .

http://www.shopro-entertainment.com/contact.html

|bSa|Ultimate
Thu, 02-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Im new to this forum but i have only great things to say about Naruto Keep up the good work

z0diac
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:13 AM
You are forgetting the main issue of this thread.... Naruto licensed! NOoooooooooooo!!!!!! ..... Although it would be nice to have Naruto games in english like DBZ games ^_^

psycoSAM
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know if Aone has a website? I've googled to no end but found nothing.

Mut
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:13 AM
well, lucky for you, you are at the correct place.

psycoSAM
Thu, 02-17-2005, 04:49 AM
lol. wait. Gotwoot is the Anoe website??

Demaar
Thu, 02-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Well, I sent ShoPro an email. Basically I phrased it as though I was asking how they were going to handle the Naruto license and ended it by mentioning that I know of 20,000 fans who'd prefer it to be released with subbed, uncut dvd's and left it at that. If anyone's interested in what I wrote, just say so and I'll paste the email (minus my real name =P)

Ciber
Thu, 02-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by: psycoSAM
lol. wait. Gotwoot is the Anoe website??

Correct.

Dark-reckers
Thu, 02-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Sorry to ask it again and again but ......

well I am french, and since the beginning, I take your version of Naruto because you make a great work (yes i don't take french fansub for Naruto ^^)

Well .... i want to know if you continue or no .......... :-(

Sorry for all, but just continue your great work ^___^

(you have fan all over the world i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

bye bye
Dark-reckers

Nachtvogel
Thu, 02-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Just read the thread before asking needless questions.

And yes, they continue to sub Naruto.

Sariachan
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by: Dark-reckers
[...]
Sorry for all, but just continue your great work ^___^
(you have fan all over the world )

I quote...I'm Italian and I always download AonE subs of Naruto...now it has been licensed in the USA, but not in Italy (we have only the manga here), so I'm really glad to AonE. i/expressions/heart.gif
I like your relases because they are hight quality, I'm patience and don't like speedsubs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

shinjii
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:00 AM
hi all, been watching aone/anbu naruto subs since ep1, love the quality, though i agree with others, a bit more speed would be nice, maybe i am wrong but i remember when we got episodes 2-3 days after shown on tv, no more, but i am not whining, i think its worth the wait for a good subbing

thanks, though i admit i prefer not to cross lines like subbing shows after licensing, continueing to do so does make fansub community look bad, which could be bad for its future, they can be patient with cease/decist for now but could get tired of it if they see too often groups ignoring licenses, they may be worried about making the fanbase mad, but with so many people seeing it on cartoon network they wont need the core fans to make a good sell. 20000 people is nothing compared to what i think they will sell.

after saying that i do admit i am also nervous how they will treat the show, i wish for it to be unedited on tv, that guy with the second petition is irritating acting like dumbing something down so everybody can see it is prefering to keeping integrity so people can see naruto for what it really is even if a few less people see it. Keeping true to original is not purist, or elitest, its just loving the art form, its what we are all here for after all, there is blood and seriousness in that show enough that it should go to adult swim, it may be a childrens show in japan, but it to me is a teens show here, and with its blood and death, which few shows have, i wonder how they will deal with it on toonami. i dont think i am purist to not want it distorted, i dont think the original creator wants that either.

I will continue to watch your fansubs because i dont want to wait 2+ years to catch up to the current ep in japan, and i dont catch cartoon network, where i would then only be able to see the dub, i love japan voices, and learning japan jokes and such, fansubs present them and explain them better then american dub companies due, though i have seen occasions of good american distro stuff.

and one more thing, i saw posts on ANN about fansubbers not caring about the companies that make anime, odd people over there, i dont know about the people of gotwoot, but i think fansubbers show many anime that dont get picked up for years, or not at all, that i otherwise wouldnt be able to see, they arent hurting the companies there, also i spend over $2000 a year on anime while downloading fansubs, i support the industry. and i know of others that do also, whether my type is a minority or not i dont know, i also like niche genres that mainstream dont.

also about fansubbers thinking we have a right to anime for free, maybe so, though i still think most fansub watchers buy plenty of anime and/or merchandise supporting the industry plenty.
my thoughts: i want to pay for anything i find value in, these companies actually dont deserve my money til i find value in what they are selling, i already said how much anime i buy, i like others just dont like having to wait years to see new eps, once a creation is in the open, it wants to be seen, if when they release the dvd i like what they have done, and i find value i will buy it, if not i wont, you can say what you like, but nobody owes anybody anything, i to be honest havent seen one piece since it was licensed, though i love the series, i heard a few eps dubbed and my brain exploded, i am refusing to buy the DVD even if i can get uncut subs on it, i am nervous if there subs are even up to par and it will lead them to believe that i like the dub as they dont know why i bought it, just that i did, so they havent lost money because i watched the subs, bur because i dont find value in there work.

Sorry if i break the thread, i wanted to get alot off of me, i am not good with expressing myself, hope i did a good job, good luck, hope you get to sub til either the end of the series or when viz catches up to current. darn, one more thing, i think its only right to show a bit of ethics, and if you think viz did a good sub job stop providing torrents for any eps that are released on dvd, whenever that is.

Haku no Fuyu
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Wow. I return, and the world is upside down. Who would have thought that Naruto could have been licenced? It is almost as weird as Mut giving out complements. Personally, I wish ADV had picked up Naruto. ShoPro is going to kill it. They're the guys that gave us Inuyasha. Remember how THAT turned out? For example, Inuyasha's trade mark attack of "Sankon tessou" (soul scattering iron claws) was change to "Iron reaver soul stealer" in the dub. This does not bode well for Kage Bunshin fans. Though, I have to admit, as time goes on they are getting more things right; for most of the series they called the Saimyousho "poison insects". But this does not redeem them, no, not by a long shot. ADV brought us "The Slayers". I was amazed at the translation job theydid with that. The dragon slave incantation was translated PERFECTLY, even though it changed during the run of the series.

While I really don't have to worry about the subbing (being Japanese and all that), I would like to NOT have to translate everything to english (it taking over my speech damnit) as I watch anime. I support the fansubbing industry (can you call it that?) 100%, and would like to see it continue.

drowelf
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:39 AM
damn thats one long post, lol
It is good to know that someone will continue to sub naruto even though it was licensed

THANK YOU

NiNo915
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:27 PM
ya gotta love Aone, they don't budge under pressure from anyone unlike some ppl *cough anbu *cough

NiNo915
Thu, 02-17-2005, 12:30 PM
ummm ciber is there anyway i can contribute cash to the site without paypal ?

Assertn
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:20 PM
NiNo, you should use the edit button instead of double posting

anime050
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:25 PM

I say TW + AonE = pwnage XDDD

Y
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: anime050

say hello to 1 year delays between episodes.

anime050
Thu, 02-17-2005, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by: anime050

say hello to 1 year delays between episodes.

I think TW would be motivated with this joint. And AonE wouldnt let them slack either.

*slaps YTA

NL|MegaMika
Thu, 02-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I think TW would be motivated with this joint. And AonE wouldnt let them slack either.

That won't happen. TW is like ANBU; once a series get licensed they drop it.

psycoSAM
Thu, 02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I was in the gotwoot mIRC room talking about the licensing and AonE's position to continue subbing (which will keep me from jumping off a bridge) but there's the likely possibility VIZ will send out the legal letters. What will be the likely course of action if a letter comes AonE's way? (understandibly and appropriately decide to discontinue subbing or endure the hardships for the devoted fans?)

basey44
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:17 PM
ciber already told us what will happen
hell blow up the servers and move to canada, like any naruto lover would, self sacrifices must be made sometimes

Luchio
Thu, 02-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Sure, move in Canada, lots of Naruto fans here!

MyStiX
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:23 AM
aone is the fuckin shit! if i knew you guys id blaze you out so sickkkkkkkkkkk

diskrnguyjl236
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:14 AM
You know what i think? I think that Americans as lazy as they are, are going to get too lazy to edit all the killing/blood that they will eventually move it to adult swim. =)

Lefty
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Have we forgoten how much blood FMA has and they happly edited all of that out for Toonami run. So get used to the fact of an edited Naruto for TV.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by: diskrnguyjl236
You know what i think? I think that Americans as lazy as they are, are going to get too lazy to edit all the killing/blood that they will eventually move it to adult swim. =)

Not lazy enough to let anime slide unedited. There is such as thing as broadcasting regulations that stipulate what can be shown on a certain channel/time/audience. Since Naruto will be airing for a younger audience, it will be edited, blood/killing etc. As for it moving to adult swim, that probably won't happen. I think the only possibility that it would move there is if they find that the viewers of the show are older than the target (they found out while airing Rurouni Kenshin that the people watching it were older than expected). So, unless all the kids hate Naruto, that probably won't happen.

and adding to what Lefty said about even editing FMA, there still are edits to adult swim programs, even though its for adult viewers, so if even AS programs get edited, Toonami anime definatly will.

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Long live raws, baby!
*Celebrates language*

Really though, if you guys LEARN JAPANESE, you don't have to worry about subbing, right? It took me like, 2 years to learn to speak ENGLISH this well. So if I can learn to speak english, a language considered to be one of the most difficult to learn, you guys can learn japanese. It's really not that difficult. *The more you know!*

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:58 AM
I doubt studying Japanese for 2 years , you would know enough to fully understand raws, unless the person was living in Japan while learning it.

miaka
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
while In japan they have ENGLIsh classes .. and learningenglish is a requirement.. it's not so in AMerica.. and even hard to find japanese class anyways.. unless you are in college..

and it takes whole lot more to learn a language than 2 yrs..

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
i studied japanese for about 6 months now, all i can say is "basu wa doko desu ka", mailbox, and a few colors.

SpAnIaC
Fri, 02-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Why can't I see what in "Torrents" is???(in the front page)

Hellraiser
Fri, 02-18-2005, 03:38 PM
cause its not working right now.

Y
Fri, 02-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by: SpAnIaC
Why can't I see what in "Torrents" is???(in the front page)

Hey is this the anime downloads forum?

No, no it isn't.

diskrnguyjl236
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
How much are houses in Canada.... Just wondering? Cause Im willing to go!

Haku no Fuyu
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Trust me. If you can befriend a Japanese person, you can learn from one of us. MOST Japanese people LOVE to teach the language (my family in Japan has a language school); it probably goes along with our overwhelming sense of superiority. Befriend a Japanese person! We're handy!

mage
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:13 PM
I've only taken four semesters of Spanish and can hold my own in a conversation with a native speaker. Languages really aren't as hard to learn as people think.

Originally posted by: Hellraiser
i studied japanese for about 6 months now, all i can say is "basu wa doko desu ka", mailbox, and a few colors.

Obviously you're doing something wrong then. I know a ton more than that and all I've done is watch anime.

androshalforc
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Q is it still "legal" to dl naruto in canada?

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:34 PM
not it's not "legal" to dl naruto in any country

aznj50
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I think there going to let aone sub it. They want work already done for them. Lolz, there not going to hire translators. lolz

G-Angel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko

This isn't true. What makes you say that?

Aeon
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by: G-Angel

It never legal to download anything copywritten without consent.

G-Angel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon

Again, not true. I am not allowed to pass (copy) it around, but I can download movies, anime, etc for personal use per the laws of my country.

Dezalanel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Sorry G-Angel but you are wrong. Aeon is right, it has always been illegal to dl Naruto and other animes it's just that the Anime companies do not do anything about it really.

Nightdog
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:02 AM
will Aone include all episodes or only certain episodes ?

Quexos
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Hello

First off let me start by thanking those who for all that time have grabbed the japanese broadcast, subbed it (not too badly compared to some subs on some hong kong DVD's) and brought it on the torrent networks.
your work was really appreciated by lots of people.

Now with this license thing. i urge you to be careful. we have all seen how harshly the mpaa has dealt with both lokitorrent and suprnova and (as is the custom in previous dictatorships) try to give a pseudo-moral image of themselves to the world (just look at www.lokitorrent.com to see what i mean) when in fact they forget how much they steal from artists (by providing them with very low percentages in average) or consumers (remember back in the 80's and 90's when buying a CD cause you like a couple of songs you paid for 10 songs and up your ass if you didn't like it) where was the mpaa standing on those "moral" infringements ?

and now it's worse: they threaten all of us of HUGE fines, even JAIL (as if downloading a torrent made you a physical threat to society) to those who want to give meaning to the word "freedom on the net" they say "stealing is wrong" but they wanna take you most fundamental right by potentially threatening you of jailtime. go figure.

Hitler said once "the rights of the strongest is always the best" and the MPAA and other powerful groups are trying to apply that say.

so bottom line be careful, don't let the "powerful" impose their "rights of the strongest" and do what it takes to ensure you can continue with this great release. (going to canadian or asian servers anywhere the mpaa and their buddies powers have no reach)

Assertn
Sat, 02-19-2005, 12:34 PM
the MPAA and the RIAA have nothing to do with anime though

Captain Grammar
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by: Quexos
Hello

First off let me start by thanking those who for all that time have grabbed the japanese broadcast, subbed it (not too badly compared to some subs on some hong kong DVD's) and brought it on the torrent networks.
your work was really appreciated by lots of people.

Now with this license thing. i urge you to be careful. we have all seen how harshly the mpaa has dealt with both lokitorrent and suprnova and (as is the custom in previous dictatorships) try to give a pseudo-moral image of themselves to the world (just look at www.lokitorrent.com to see what i mean) when in fact they forget how much they steal from artists (by providing them with very low percentages in average) or consumers (remember back in the 80's and 90's when buying a CD cause you like a couple of songs you paid for 10 songs and up your ass if you didn't like it) where was the mpaa standing on those "moral" infringements ?

and now it's worse: they threaten all of us of HUGE fines, even JAIL (as if downloading a torrent made you a physical threat to society) to those who want to give meaning to the word "freedom on the net" they say "stealing is wrong" but they wanna take you most fundamental right by potentially threatening you of jailtime. go figure.

Hitler said once "the rights of the strongest is always the best" and the MPAA and other powerful groups are trying to apply that say.

so bottom line be careful, don't let the "powerful" impose their "rights of the strongest" and do what it takes to ensure you can continue with this great release. (going to canadian or asian servers anywhere the mpaa and their buddies powers have no reach)

I'm sure they're very thankful for that hot tip.

What is it some of you guys, sheesh. Yeah, it's licensed. Big deal. Aone and DB are still doing fansubs so why the Hell are some of you acting like it's the end of the world? The people who licensed Naruto are in the business to make money so they're going to do that the best way they can; by targeting a larger group of viewers. The more popular the show is, the more merchandise they sell, the more money they make. That's just the way it is. Personally, I believe that art should be left the way it was intended to be, but money-making groups don't see it that way and who can blame them?

You're not happy with what's put on TV? Continue downloading the fansubs. Simple solution. Stop the whining, it's not becoming of any of you. You know which of you I'm referring to.

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Captain Grammar? Awesome!! Now theres somebody who can teach me english! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TSS
Sat, 02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
unbelivable i still rememred my login.... been a while.

anyways its unlikely that they'll stop the fansubs. or even try to stop it. what would impact sales, or viewer ratings, more? weekly fansubs that arent suited for the target group (little children wise) or 80.000 very angry naruto fans?

Y
Sat, 02-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by: TSS

anyways its unlikely that they'll stop the fansubs. or even try to stop it. what would impact sales, or viewer ratings, more? weekly fansubs that arent suited for the target group (little children wise) or 80.000 very angry naruto fans?

neither, the impact from attacking fansubs is negligible.

DooDooPie
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey i was wondering if there was anyway of hiding or disguising the name of all the Naruto torrents. If the companys can't google the episodes, they might not see this site. Dont know if anyone's tried this yet on any other groups....

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 02-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Naruto episode 122 becomes -> My Ninja project chapter 122 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif you mean something like that?

Deblas
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:01 PM
you know. that might actually work. I heard that the film case of 8 mile was named the alien project or something so people wouldnt steal it

G-Angel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by: Dezalanel
Sorry G-Angel but you are wrong. Aeon is right, it has always been illegal to dl Naruto and other animes it's just that the Anime companies do not do anything about it really.

As you wish.

miaka
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by: Aeon

quote:

quote:

Again, not true. I am not allowed to pass (copy) it around, but I can download movies, anime, etc for personal use per the laws of my country
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uh.. not true.. they get money for those things.. you were supposed to buy them.. not download it.. and there is such thing as copyright.. where it makes it illegal to copy something without that perso/company's consent..

just that with fansub..they don't really live in japan.. and they are a translation version of it.. so even when it's illegal japanese company didn't do anything so far (except media factory)

G-Angel
Sat, 02-19-2005, 10:02 PM
The person who uploads it (spreads it around) is breaking the copyright law, but for me, here in Switzerland to download it I am not breaking the law. As I said, I am not doing anything illigal by downloading - per the laws of my country. This is the last I will say concering this because it will just be a futile back and forth endevour.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I am talking in general, you are illegally downloading it. Because to who ever owns the copywrited material (fore example Media Factory and School Rumble) you are illegally downloading their material, and they could care less what country you are living in, you are not in any way supporting the company, and since they are the rightful owner of the material, and did not give out permission for it's material to be downloaded off the internet, it's technically illegal. The only time it is not illegal or is 'right' to downloaded copywrited material is when the owner of the material has given permission for it to be downloaded/used, such as posted it on their site, or having you pay a fee to get it off the internet.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

miaka
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:45 PM
+ they send letters to you.. like media factory (japanese country)..... and duh.. you are doing something illegal by downloading copyrighted stuff..it is their material... and you just supported the person who uploaded it by downloading it... it's just that most japanese company are not donig anything.. yet,,,,

Shanekun
Sun, 02-20-2005, 11:34 AM
so.. some friend thats capturing a TV series on VCR for me and hands it over to me when i am able to see it is something illegal?

sure AonE adds some subs to make it understandable,. and its not a VCR but on a Computer. and they don't hand it out personally to each of us but over the internet. but in basic they are just recording something for us.

dizkidhuy
Sun, 02-20-2005, 12:46 PM
whats it mean that there gonna licensing naruto?

Mut
Sun, 02-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: dizkidhuy
that means that you should stop ignoring the rules and fix your sig.

oh yeah, naruto is coming to america. that's what it also means.

Deblas
Sun, 02-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by: dizkidhuy

It means that naruto will start airing with a dubbed version in the united states meaning that it will be illegal to download naruto

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by: Shanekun
so.. some friend thats capturing a TV series on VCR for me and hands it over to me when i am able to see it is something illegal?

sure AonE adds some subs to make it understandable,. and its not a VCR but on a Computer. and they don't hand it out personally to each of us but over the internet. but in basic they are just recording something for us.

that dosn't matter, it's still illegal, because the friend, nor a fansubbing group has the autorization from the owner(s) of the copywrites from reproducing and distributing their material. ...

NM
Sun, 02-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by: Shanekun

Ok, so if this isnt considered illegal, then why is it that someone records the movie SpiderMan 2, then puts it up on LokiTorrent, which happens to be down right now because they are hosting and distributing RECORDED movies? Because these movies are copyrighted by American companies. This is no different for licensed anime. Boxtorrents had to shut down for awhile because they were hosting some of ADV's licensed anime.

Arog
Sun, 02-20-2005, 04:06 PM
well they could shut down torrents but irc will still be available for distribution like it always has been

shadowstalker888
Sun, 02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
thank you I LOVE AonE!!!

Rynoa
Sun, 02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
You know if I was rich I'd give to aone i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif thanks guys... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i really like your work and am truly grateful because you continued i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

animefreak
Mon, 02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Aone, I'd also like to Thanks you guy.

diskrnguyjl236
Mon, 02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by: TSS

more like a half a million angry fans..........

DooDooPie
Thu, 02-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Sorry for the Late Response, but in disguising the name..it could be simply pager (beeper) codes...don't know if ne one has ever used this back in the day, but lets say u wanna say naruto123...mind u this will look stoopid but here goes...using only numbers to look like letters it would be...17_8_12_11_7_0_123 LOL does that look like naruto 123....now mind you all the underscores should be taken out except in case of the space between naruto and episode number...So...final product looks foolishly like this 178121170_123.avi . BTW THX for being one of the few a brave Aone.

Krbadass
Thu, 02-24-2005, 05:05 AM
If you guys really want to appreciate to gotwoot, donate i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 02-24-2005, 12:15 PM
doesnt ciber like, cringe at the sight of donations or something?

Mut
Thu, 02-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Then I'm gonna donate like 400 dollars.

woofcat
Thu, 02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by: androshalforc
Q is it still "legal" to dl naruto in canada?

We pay extra taxes on all recordable media so it is 'legal'

Also todate no Canadain has been convicted of downloading anything incuding Mp3's movies and software.

TSS
Fri, 02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: woofcatAlso todate no Canadain has been convicted of downloading anything incuding Mp3's movies and software.

to be honest i cant remember anybody in europe beeing actually conviced for downloading illigal stuff... im sure there are a few cases...

but really only in america are they using real scare tactics, picking out the perfect family and killing it by sueing for ridicolous amounts of money. the harder it shocks, the more people will refrain from downloading (so they think)

annd if even in canada it becomes illigal and theres a good chance to get arrested, theres always russia, or china. pretty illigal there, but nobody seems to give a damn about it. or brazil is good for it too. maybe the bahama's even?

bigguy
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
hellow im new and i just found this place i was wondering if eps 101-120 has been on the tracker or will it be on the tracker and if so when? I have had a hard time finding these eps for some reason and thought maybe someone could shed some light, i really am enjoying the series until i got at a hault at ep.101 and i dont want to watch 121 and up until i get 101-120 . thankyou in advance for a reply and apoligies if this has been asked.

This kind of question belongs in the Anime Downloads section. Please remember that next time.

GotWoot Moderator

Y
Tue, 03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by: bigguy
hellow im new and i just found this place i was wondering if eps 101-120 has been on the tracker or will it be on the tracker and if so when? I have had a hard time finding these eps for some reason and thought maybe someone could shed some light, i really am enjoying the series until i got at a hault at ep.101 and i dont want to watch 121 and up until i get 101-120 . thankyou in advance for a reply and apoligies if this has been asked.

Hi, is this the anime downloads forum? No, no it isn't. If you'd read the anime download forum's first post your question would be answered. Thanks.

Krbadass
Wed, 03-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Don't flame alien, the mod had it covered.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-03-2005, 04:52 AM
One Question: Which Anime group licensed naruto? (e.g. Bandai, 4Kids, etc.)

complich8
Thu, 03-03-2005, 05:07 AM
ShoPro. They're in mid-merger with Viz, and to my knowledge have confirmed that Cartoon Network will be airing it. Very likely but not confirmed is that DVD releases will be via Viz.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Thu, 03-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Hehe ok heres another question.... what do you think Sexy No Jutsu will look like? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: complich8
ShoPro. They're in mid-merger with Viz, and to my knowledge have confirmed that Cartoon Network will be airing it. Very likely but not confirmed is that DVD releases will be via Viz.
edit: btw your sig pwns

Deblas
Mon, 03-07-2005, 09:58 PM
heh. they'll probably edit it out and just show the facial expression of the people when he does the jutsu. I really think this should air on adult swim.

Inu-X
Mon, 03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Depending on the time it airs on Toonami. If it takes maye the 10:30 slot it might show the teqnique with major censoring. However, by looking at Zatch Bell that can't show a gun, I'm scared to see what will happen.

(Also, did you know that on Toonami, kids aren't allowed to die. That could affect Naruto. As well as all the weapons that will be removed)

ChaosK
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
wow u revived a dead thread... and who said people cant die on toonami? i remember the first time i saw DBZ was acctually in US and in english b/c i wuz lik 6 and didnt kno how to get jap origionals, and they had a bunch of people dying and i also remember chichi once trying to take 300 machine guns to take down cell who wuz fighting gohan so acctually the weapons will show cuz it'll be dumb watching how naruto frees kakashi outta water prision if u dont see a weapon. wats gonna happen? hes gonna turn into a branch and fly across there? and it wudnt come out 10:30 anytime soon because all the new animes want that spot so they have to censor as least as possible

NM
Mon, 03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Inu-X, if you say that kids can't die...then how can Toonami show Yu Yu Hakusho? Yusuke dies in the first episode! That isn't really going to have any effect on Naruto. At most, all Toonami is going to be doing is editing out most of the blood and obviously, the dub isn't going to have swear words like "shit" and "bastard". Haha, thats gonna ruin Tayuya's character a bit.

ChaosK
Mon, 03-21-2005, 07:09 PM
lol i never thought of that, what in the world could they make tayuya say? i mean the "worst" i've heard on cartoon network was "idiot" or "moron" but i dont think they're even allowed to say "damn"

Aryu
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Hmm, I wish Cartoon Network in Sweden was more like in the US. At least you guys have alot of anime on tv. Geez, complaints complaints..

ChaosK
Tue, 03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
well cartoonnetwork kinda ruins all anime i've watched except the dragon ball series because i did not feel lik gettin 200+ ep of it wen it was alrdy done. (wen it came to US DBZ in japan was finished and was going to GT)

Mite Gai
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
lol i never thought of that, what in the world could they make tayuya say? i mean the "worst" i've heard on cartoon network was "idiot" or "moron" but i dont think they're even allowed to say "damn"

lol, Tayuya will probably kill the show by causing them to have to put it on Adult Swim for her special language, unless she just says idiot in every sentence at least twice.

Y
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Does it really affect a show when you remove swearing? I'd say not.

Captain Grammar
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:36 PM

Well, it certainly doesn't affect the overall plot, but it can do some damage to the dramatics.

If my favorite character gets punched in the face by a villain, and says, "I'm going to kill you for that, you fuck!" in Japanese, but says, "I'm going to get you back for that, you big jerk," in English, I'd be disappointed.

Mite Gai
Tue, 03-22-2005, 11:45 PM

I don't mean it like that, I meant the fact that it would be moved to Adult Swim which would make it less acessible and do worse.

Y
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: Captain Grammar

Well, it certainly doesn't affect the overall plot, but it can do some damage to the dramatics.

If my favorite character gets punched in the face by a villain, and says, "I'm going to kill you for that, you fuck!" in Japanese, but says, "I'm going to get you back for that, you big jerk," in English, I'd be disappointed.

There is no word for "fuck" in Japanese that conveys the meaning that that word does.

EDIT:

And all the "swears" are context sensitive. "Kuso" is the offensive equivalent of "crap", not "shit", in Naruto's context.

Captain Grammar
Wed, 03-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Well, ok, but you get my drift.

ChaosK
Wed, 03-23-2005, 09:58 PM

There is no word for "fuck" in Japanese that conveys the meaning that that word does.

EDIT:

And all the "swears" are context sensitive. "Kuso" is the offensive equivalent of "crap", not "shit", in Naruto's context.

thats true, what we read off the sub-titles might just be what the subbers put there to give us a more defined perception of it. Ovbiously tayuya seemed pretty pissed most of the time and her character is much more appealing when she says "fuck" in every sentance instead of "damn"

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Aryu
Hmm, I wish Cartoon Network in Sweden was more like in the US. At least you guys have alot of anime on tv. Geez, complaints complaints..

OMG. Aryu. That's one guy I never thought I'd see again.
Dunno about you but I'd rather we don't have any anime on TV at all here than dubs in the Pokemon/Digimon league...

stos289
Mon, 05-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Big news regarding Naruto airing on Toonami this fall. I just saw the "Summer Preview Special" on Toonami and they showed a little preview of Naruto with a summary of what it is about. First thing I noticed is that there were no dubs put in yet (they didn't speak but I could tell by the why they yelled). Second thing (and probably one of the most dreadful) is how the announcer pronounced Naruto's name. Instead of the accent being on the "Na" (NA-ru-to), its on they "ru" (na-RU-to) so it sounds more "westernized" I guess and without the japanses accent (no rolling of r's and such). Third was that they didn't keep the japanese names for most things (which was to be expected). They call Konoha the Hidden Leaf Village (which is pretty much an exact translation) and they call Hokage the "Head Ninja." (ew...). This preview might not show what the final outcome is to be...but I'm not getting my hopes up for what is to come.

Fudgeman
Mon, 05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
i live in canada, the rules for dling are pretty screwed up. according to the news (i could be wrong dont trust me) it is legal to put stuffz up on the internet that are copywrited, but it is illegal to dl stuffz from the internet that are copywrited

im guessing its like u have a dvd, u bring it to ur friends house to watch it together, he likes it, he copys it. u commited no crime showing it to him, but he made an illegal copy

im confused...

Jessper
Tue, 05-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by: stos289
Big news regarding Naruto airing on Toonami this fall. I just saw the "Summer Preview Special" on Toonami and they showed a little preview of Naruto with a summary of what it is about. First thing I noticed is that there were no dubs put in yet (they didn't speak but I could tell by the why they yelled). Second thing (and probably one of the most dreadful) is how the announcer pronounced Naruto's name. Instead of the accent being on the "Na" (NA-ru-to), its on they "ru" (na-RU-to) so it sounds more "westernized" I guess and without the japanses accent (no rolling of r's and such). Third was that they didn't keep the japanese names for most things (which was to be expected). They call Konoha the Hidden Leaf Village (which is pretty much an exact translation) and they call Hokage the "Head Ninja." (ew...). This preview might not show what the final outcome is to be...but I'm not getting my hopes up for what is to come.

How he said it I think is a product of how that announcer tries to over exagerate everything. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Also Hidden village of leaf is fine imo, don't freak out.

I will agree about the head ninja though, it doesn't command the same respect as Hokage, to me anyways =P

BTW is that the exact translation? lol

stos289
Tue, 05-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I didn't really intend to imply that I was "freaking out" but I guess that's just how it sounded when you read it. My reaction towards this preview was a little overzealous if you will, however I was not suprised by the fact that the events I described were going to occur. This is what usually happens when a series gets licensed. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not happy from what I have seen so far (and this is not what could really happen as I explained above) but I'm still satisfied that I got to see a taste of what might happen to the series.

By the way, the exact translation of "Hokage" is "Fire Shadow" (they emphisize shadow because ninjas are supposed to be "shadow-like" and it is fire because Konoha is located in the Fire Country).

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
hmm.....i used to also think hokage was flame shadow...HO then KAGE but, wat about kazekage? sand shadow? doesnt really make sense now does it...?

Kage in this term might mean head after all.

mage
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
kaze means wind, not sand. The hidden sand village is in the wind country, thus kazekage.

ChaosK
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
my bad, but that still doesnt explain the kage hokage kazekage

stos claimed the <u>kage</u> was for shadow thus that would mean like, wind-shadow???

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-31-2005, 06:23 PM
hmm.....i used to also think hokage was flame shadow...HO then KAGE but, wat about kazekage? sand shadow? doesnt really make sense now does it...?

Kage in this term might mean head after all.

Huh? I don't really see why?
Ho= Fire (Leaf)
Mizu = Water (Mist, Falls, some other village too)
Kaze= Wind (Sand)
Kaminari/Inazuma= Lightning/Thunder (Rain...I think)
Chi(Daichi Jichiyou)/Do = Earth/Ground (Grass...and Rock?)
Koori/Hyo = Ice (um... Ice I guess, is there an Ice village? I thought there were Ice ninja in the Movie, but I only saw the preview)

Kage = shadow (as far as I know, Kage has no other meaning

I think in the sense of the Kage's the element is the stress rather than the village affinity, otherwise Hokage would be Hakage (Leaf shadow) and Sunakage (for Sand shadow)

No...I think its pretty safe for you to read Hokage and all the other ones as their element.

But more importantly let's not forget the unimportance American's put on the Japanese's honorary and other titles
San, sama, sempai, sensei, kun, chan, dono, etc.
But I guess when translated to English it would be kind of long to say "Third Great Master Fire Shadow" all the time....

Only time will tell as to how bad they'll fuck it up.

additions

"Kage" would be the most honorific title for a ninja I would think

stos289
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:09 PM
In relation to the Kage discussion, I believe the word kage (ex: in hokage and kazekage) is not used by its direct translation which is indeed "shadow." I believe they use kage in the sense to describe the ninjas as being the best or the most "shadow-like" (as it is widely accepted that ninjas are to be stealthy and have qualities like that of a shadow). So, the direct translation would not really fit because of its awkwardness and that's why it should be kept in its japanese form (and just explain what it takes to be a kage).

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I really don't see the deal with the kage's, they should just change it to 'the five masters who lead the shadowy world on ninjas: the flame master, the wind master, the grass master..."
every english dub process should take some libreties with the matrial, so any meanning behined the names is going out, unless you wish sakura to be called Cherry and Naruto to be called Whirpool.

but the honorfics are gonna be a bitch, even though Naruto hardly uses them, the best way to deal with the subject is just to drop everything other than the most obvious ones (when adressing older strangers they'll use Mr and Ms, but Lee would adress boys in their first name, and girls with ms [surname]).

ofcourse, the subbed uncut Dvd's shouldn't have any of this crap.

Rhanfahl
Tue, 05-31-2005, 07:21 PM
well cartoonnetwork kinda ruins all anime i've watched except the dragon ball series because i did not feel lik gettin 200+ ep of it wen it was alrdy done. (wen it came to US DBZ in japan was finished and was going to GT)

Well, anime was just starting to get big here and Dragon Ball Anthology started a big trend I think. But seriously...Dragon Ball is older than Nirvana, we're talking late 80s when it started, and Z was finished in the mid 90s (As if the old pop music wasn't a dead givaway).

Oh, and Captain Grammar, I'm torn between you and Y. Yeah, swearing isn't really a big thing, but in remembering some of the horrible translation of the Dragon Ball Series....I ever so "fondly" remember Gohan yelling at some alien guy something like "You smell like toenails" When in Japanese it was probably more like "I'll kill you!"

And Stos, that's pretty much right on the money, being called a "shadow" is pretty much as good a compliment you'll get being a shinobi. But "Head ninja" sucks... it would be better to just put in a translation context and just call him "hokage" to keep it simple.

shinjii
Tue, 05-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I dont think i will like the naruto changes myself when it comes to cartoon network, though i wont mind as much as i will the voices, i can watch it depending on how much is changed, but voicing is the main factor for me, like i cant stand one piece dubbed, horrible all around.

I do want to say though that i think hokage is not best americanized as head ninja, i dont see the problem with them simply using hokage since it is a title of head of the village, why is it so bad to keep a title, they are too worried about scaring off kids with foreign names.

even if they did tranlate it as to not confuse kids i think vilege leader, village head, or something of that nature is better. while the hokage is supposed to be the head ninja, he isnt just in charge of the ninja of the village, they have him then village elders, that is my understanding anyways.

it is like in america we have our president, he is also called commander in chief, of our army that is, yet that is only half his role. so unless i am wrong about the role of the hokage calling it head ninja doesnt explain his purpose that well.

ES
Wed, 06-01-2005, 10:47 AM
if that so...

Then what does Kage Mane and Kagi Bunshin means then?

O_o

Head thingies?

shinjii
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:42 PM
kage was already explained, it is shadow, so if so its basically shadow techniques
englisizing of hokage is only barely a translation, they dont seem to like using any non english words since they think it will confuse the puny minds of the zombies that watch tv these days, what else could they think, but calling the hokage fire shadown, or fire ninja, or any kind of localized reference, would be useful to the viewer, becayse hokage is a generic name for the leader of the village, he is like our president/commander in chief of military, they choose to translate hokage not literally, but to say what the purpose of the hokage title is, which is as leader, so there is no possibility of anybody becoming confused in any way.

though as i said if they went that way i still wish they would have used village head/leader instead of head ninja, as its like calling our president commander in chief instead of president, which we just dont do on a regular basis.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, maybe it would be alright to use Hokage if they didn't also have to name the Kazekage, Mizukage, etc. as well. All the Kages and such would probably start confusing the childrens.

shinjii
Wed, 06-01-2005, 03:10 PM
you do have a good point there, we can understand what each is, but its too bad so many kids, i guess are so easily confused
i never got confused by that throughout the show, i doubt most naruto fans did, but oh well, i guess head ninja had to be used since naruto is so infatuated with the position, and he doesnt care about the responsibility of the position as village leader, only with the attention it will give him in general, but of course as a ninja especially

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
They still could have found a better replacement than "head ninja." That's no justice at all.