PDA

View Full Version : unable to connect to tracker

sdh
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
i usually use bit torrent to satisfy my gundam destiny fix.

i have no problem with torrents hosted by the scarywater tracker but i can't even connect to the got woot tracker. i use the latest vension of azureus and under "tracker status", i always get "connection error (timeout)" for hours. somtimes i also get something like "socket exception : unexpected end of file"

my usual setup :
azureus latest version
successfully port forwarded 6881

steps i have tried to solve this problem :
1) delete the torrent and data and restart from a newly downloaded torrent
result : i still get the same error
2) try bit tornado as another client
result : still get connection error. status is black
3) tried another torrent from scarywater
result : begun downloading a file i don't want

conclusion : i seem to have a problem here. can someone help me? there's a possbility i might be able to get the file i want thru irc but i want to solve my torrent problem anyway.

NM
Tue, 02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Right click the torrent, then go to Save Target As. Then open the file that you save and it should do the trick.

sdh
Tue, 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM
i already do that. i download the torrent file to my desktop and open it from there. still doesn't work.

http://tracker.gotwoot.net:6968/announce is not responding

NM
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
You said you installed and tried BitTornado right? When you installed BitTornado, did you re-enter the ports? I remember checking out BitTornado's site one time and they said if you install a newer version of their client, you have to re-configure your ports. And also, if ScaryWater is working, why not just download Gundam Seed Destiny from there?

sdh
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:21 PM
yes. i reconfigured my ports for tornado

i would have used scarywater but somehow only gotwoot tracks episode 17 of animeone's version of GSD. Episode 16 and below were tracked by scarywter. As of this post, I have already managed to download seed-fansub's version so getting the episode is not the main issue (other than that i prefer animeone's version).

The main issue for me is why i can't connect to the got woot tracker. if this problem could be solved, it'ld be great for me next week when i download episode 18.