PDA

View Full Version : Episode 17 Discussion

Aeon
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Anime Kingdon/Aone (http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents/%5BA-Kingdom_-_AonE%5D_Gundam_SEED_Destiny_-_17_%5B5132DD8C%5D.avi.torrent)

I know we're all hoping for more Steller and Gaia action i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Shinigami
Tue, 02-15-2005, 12:51 PM
First...........while waiting for dl to finish

Donut
Tue, 02-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Ah, Just downloaded it. Time for some Destiny action. Im new in the forums by the way. Nice to eat ya

TwisT
Tue, 02-15-2005, 02:05 PM
I was begining to doubt that it would come.. Since no one made a GSD 17 thread.. Usally someone makes it when the raw is out but not this time..

EDIT: it was a nice episode.. no action but i still enjoyed it.. I will probably add more to a discussion tomorrow when i'm not so fucking tired..

Shinigami
Tue, 02-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Yea okay ep, more explaining and character development.
Also, funny how thy talked about the new lacus and her breasts and new outfit.

Next Ep looks like a new character will be introduced like how Kagari was haha.......................if its not broken, don't fix it.

PSJ
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:02 PM
awesome ep as always. loved everything about it as always. and the kingdom of scandinavia is hiding the archangel thats badass. and asuran picking shinn apart was amazing i guess shinn will change little by little from this point on. on another note lunamarias sister seems to be jealous i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif more new mobile suit designs next ep and a new girl.....

kooshi
Tue, 02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Good episode. Still kinda lost since I never watched GS, haha, but all is good.

Curium
Tue, 02-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I've switched over to seeding the scarywater torrent. I've seeded the gotwoot one for more then 24 hours, and the scarywater one is just getting started so I'm helping out there now.

I personally was interested that Kira voiced the opinion that Chairman Dullindal hiding stuff, and doesn't trust him. Also Talia calling him a Tanuki was a nice line.

Also from the preview, I'm happy to see that they will acctually be using the Core Splendor. I mean they went to the trouble of creating the thing they should use it.

That leads me to a point I've been waiting for a convinient place to bring up. In episode 3 (at 15:37 if you want to check) Chairman Dullindal said (refering to the Impulse launch system); "According to engineers, this is the newest, most efficient mobile suit system." Maybe it was the newest, I have no basis to argue that, but "most efficient"???? Really it seems to be a rediculously ineffecient. Seems to me it should make a easy target for any intelligent opponent to take out before the combination is complete, and thus before the Phase Shift is active. The only thing I can figure is that the creators for GSD apply to the following theory (from http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm I specifically like 43 though);

"Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis

(from R. A. Hubby)

Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it."

Curium
Tue, 02-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Sorry for not including this with my last post, but I thought of it just after I hit send.

Does the Core Splendor on the Impulse have Phase Shift? I don't believe it does, but I figured I should ask. The reason it came to mind was because while it is covered on the front, the Core Splendor is exposed on the back of the Impulse. The different equipment packs cover most of it, but isn't it still partially exposed? I would think that would be a problem. A missle to the back placed well could seriously damage the core splendor and potentially harm the pilot when it would be shrugged off anywhere else.

idontnoh
Tue, 02-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Decent episode. It looks like Athuran is gonna make Shinn a man. Athrun seems to really have gotten through to shinn, as much as he hated it. Im really interested in this Kagalli type character coming up. She just better not be the princess of a country and have that country go down in flames.

Board of Command
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Nice episode, especially at the end.

On another note: the Mia Campbell scene was a bit overdone. I mean, the old Ramius-juggling scenes were already plenty, but that...that brings it to a new level i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Funny episode. The discussion of the bridge guys about Mia was hilarious, as is Lunamaria's sister's weight fixation.

Boy, Mia Campbell is HAWT.

The dialogue at the end was one of the best GSD moments yet.

"But the moment you take that power in your hands, you'll be the one that makes people cry."

or something like that... ace!

TeknoXI
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
I loved this episode even tho there was a lack of action. Lots of character development. It's very interesting to see Dullindal's character to be shown in some darkness because he was too "good" to be real.

I'm a "Kira > Shinn" fan so I loved the fact that lots of people said things to Shinn that totally owned him.

That concert by Mia was great. I can't wait till the real Lacus shows her up tho.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I want to make a guess that says that Desert Version Cagalli girl is the little sister of that guy that had a crush, but died in the first season.

/me patiently awaits the eps when Kira owns Shinn.

Knives122
Tue, 02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
pretty good ep, I could feel the pissed off attitude on the archangel when Mia came on(which someone decided to make it full screen), but the up beat version of that song was cool.

Athruns little talk with Shinn was badass(Im not requoting the quote, b/c terra already did that), and I guess shinn will start to act a little bit more reasonalbly now and hopefully by ep 24 we will start to actually like him

Wren
Tue, 02-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: Curium
I am currently seeding the gotwoot tracker of this file, I will edit this line out when I stop

I personally was interested that Kira voiced the opinion that Chairman Dullindal hiding stuff, and doesn't trust him. Also Talia calling him a Tanuki was a nice line.

Also from the preview, I'm happy to see that they will acctually be using the Core Splendor. I mean they went to the trouble of creating the thing they should use it.

That leads me to a point I've been waiting for a convinient place to bring up. In episode 3 (at 15:37 if you want to check) Chairman Dullindal said (refering to the Impulse launch system); "According to engineers, this is the newest, most efficient mobile suit system." Maybe it was the newest, I have no basis to argue that, but "most efficient"???? Really it seems to be a rediculously ineffecient. Seems to me it should make a easy target for any intelligent opponent to take out before the combination is complete, and thus before the Phase Shift is active. The only thing I can figure is that the creators for GSD apply to the following theory (from http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm I specifically like 43 though);

"Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis

(from R. A. Hubby)

Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it."

the only way its more efficient is on the go combat repairs; by simply replacing one of the damaged components (im guessin this works for everything BUT the core splender itself lol) but other than that it is somewhat of a waste, but shinn being a shitty pilot i guess u have to have a backup ;-)

also yea i cant wait to see Kira pimp shinn like he deserves. but what im wondering is when will this other FAITH joker show up; the kid with the orange hair.

Board of Command
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:25 PM
I guess the creators just wanted to waste time, and what better way than to play a long transformation scene everytime Impulse launches?

TeknoXI
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Sorry for not including this with my last post, but I thought of it just after I hit send.

Does the Core Splendor on the Impulse have Phase Shift? I don't believe it does, but I figured I should ask. The reason it came to mind was because while it is covered on the front, the Core Splendor is exposed on the back of the Impulse. The different equipment packs cover most of it, but isn't it still partially exposed? I would think that would be a problem. A missle to the back placed well could seriously damage the core splendor and potentially harm the pilot when it would be shrugged off anywhere else.

The Core Splendor does have a Phase Shift. If you watch the intro, you can see that it's colored while the rest of the pieces are gray. Then it goes into full Phase Shift mode. Ya know, it'd be kinda bad if it was shot down before it could fully transform into Impulse, meaning it's most vulnerable when launching, but they probabably took that into consideration. It's kinda how the shield is always on Phase Shift mode.

Originally posted by: Wren
the only way its more efficient is on the go combat repairs; by simply replacing one of the damaged components (im guessin this works for everything BUT the core splender itself lol) but other than that it is somewhat of a waste, but shinn being a shitty pilot i guess u have to have a backup ;-)

Well, the changes it goes through between weapons systems is also faster. Remember back in GS when Kira had to change in space because he ran out of power? That took forever and he almost got killed. Compare that to the time when Shinn went into SEED mode against the mobile armor and you could call it efficient.

Terracosmo
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I hate how everybody says "This was good -even though it had no action-."
This is a WAR DRAMA. If you are so fucking fixated with action, go watch a few monster trucks rape each other.

XwingRob
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:56 PM
A good episode.
That song was really upbeat, it was a remix of the first song Lacus sung in Gundam SEED, correct?

Mut
Tue, 02-15-2005, 11:57 PM
i'm sick and tired of this pussy shit. i want to see athrun put lunamaria's ankles to her ears.

Aeon
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
i'm sick and tired of this pussy shit. i want to see athrun put lunamaria's ankles to her ears.

That sounds painful.

Anyways this ep had to be the funniest ep so far. The way the crowd was going L.O.V.E and hey was funny. Seeing Mia dance in the bg and at the start was darn funny. Pigtails trying on the skirt was funny also. Other then that I now want Lacus to die. The way she says Kira annoys me.

idontnoh
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:48 AM
how could you want lacus to die??

Lostprophet8
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:54 AM
I liked it. Authran and Shinn needed to have a little talk. I think something bad may happen to Lunamaria. Her crush on Aurthran seems to be comming at a bad time. The secene with the two mobile suit techs talking about Lucas was funny.

I don't trust the Chairman. He seems shady. I said this to a friend of mine two or three episode ago. That man is plotting something. Didn't the show he was sleeping with the commander of the Minervia in one of the first few episodes?

More Mia i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aeon
Wed, 02-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I can't be the only person annoyed when she says "Kira". And lets face it somebody has to die and since there won't be another sequal everyone is fair game. Auel and Sting don't count since I expect them to die like the last three modified soldiers. Dunno why but I think Pigtails is gonna die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Main character girlfriends always die. So the only one who is 100% guaranteed for death sentence is Stellar.

(please leave Gaia intact!)

bluemercury
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Aeon is right it annoys me two the way she says "kira" and most other things. at the start of GS she acted like a major twit. then she became seirus, and now shes back to bubble headed twit mode. whats up with that. I for one would like to see her get back in to the asskicking mode form the last half of GS.

PSJ
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:47 AM
nah lacus is cool she can stay. mia cambell should die, i really sont like here she is like lacus was in the begining of SEED like a 5 year old girl with that hihg pitched voice and all so annoying. my guess is thta mia cambell actually will die isnce she is a clone of lacus someone will kill here and i will smile when this happens.

as for the core splendor transformation sequence shit shinn wouldnt be alive without it but its true that when he gets better it will just suck, i mean when he doesnt get his ass handed to him every few seconds and needs new parts it will be totally useless. i guess they had it in the show to remind ppl of V gundam or something, dont know if any other gundam shows had this assembly suit tho. i also think its to make it a little less of a copy of strike sauce lets face it it is a copy, in fly mode they added a babyblue color to the chest, in the gunner form they added another bigass gun and some black color and the sword mode is now red instead of babyblue and got another sword. its like a guy coloring his hair, its diffrent but still the same.

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 07:50 AM
good ep. finally we get back to kira. next ep is gonna be an action episode. hahah that song was pretty cool. but is it just me, or does Meer look like shes under prozzak when shes dancing?

Aeon
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Main character girlfriends always die. So the only one who is 100% guaranteed for death sentence is Stellar.

(please leave Gaia intact!)

Noooo she has to live, even if she has to spend 10eps going through detox I want her to survive. Lacus death on the other hand would further the story. Think about it Kira is the typical peace loving guy that doesn't wanna hurt anybody till he see's Lacus die, and is reminded of Fray's death, and decide's that the only way to stop the killing is for him to kill everyone in that new devil err the new huge gundam siloutte we see in the opening. The moral of this post is Steller should survive. Oh and another funny part was the two mechanics talking bout Mia, LMAO at you wanna unplug some cables from Savior.

Terracosmo
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah that was the best part. ROFL. Would be funny if they ended up killing Athrun.

kooshi
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
It's even more funny since they were seriously considering unplugging the cable, lol.

Curium
Wed, 02-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by: TeknoXI
The Core Splendor does have a Phase Shift. If you watch the intro, you can see that it's colored while the rest of the pieces are gray. Then it goes into full Phase Shift mode. Ya know, it'd be kinda bad if it was shot down before it could fully transform into Impulse, meaning it's most vulnerable when launching, but they probabably took that into consideration. It's kinda how the shield is always on Phase Shift mode.

Judging it as having Phase Shift just because it has color is faulty logic. With that logic you can assume everything has Phase Shift (Water, Air, Trees, etc.). Also to be a little less snide, the Core Splendor is ALWAYS colored. They wouldn't be running the Phase Shift constintly even when it is just sitting there in the hanger.

Also another important point, the shield does not have Phase Shift. It has an anti-beam coating on it to protect against beam weapons (the only thing Phase Shift will not protect against).

Originally posted by: Lostprophet8
I don't trust the Chairman. He seems shady. I said this to a friend of mine two or three episode ago. That man is plotting something. Didn't the show he was sleeping with the commander of the Minervia in one of the first few episodes?

Personally I got the impression that Dullindal was suspisious when the commercial for GSD first came out last July. The first couple of eps threw me a little, but not enough to convince me that the suspicion is unwarrented.

Wren
Wed, 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
ether way dullindal is amusing hehe. hes made to be suspicious and for you not to really know but suspect him, but i geuss we will still have to wait and see.

Lostprophet8
Wed, 02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Dullindal is really good at looking like a nice guy and honest leader. He obviously has the crew of the Minervia fooled. Could this mean that the Minervia and Archangel will clash? Only time will tell.

intense
Wed, 02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
who knows... now since miverva is under the command of FAITH, they get to choose their own future, unless chairman gives them a specific order.

GLS
Wed, 02-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Great episode. Some laughs, some drama, all awesome!
Although, having watched chopsticks parody, I sorta laughed at that scene when they were in the Archangel.

The chat between Asuran and Shinn is one of those moments that we'll remember when the series is done. Great dialogue, as mentioned before. Great scenery, as well!

DDBen
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by: gaaralovessand
Great episode. Some laughs, some drama, all awesome!
Although, having watched chopsticks parody, I sorta laughed at that scene when they were in the Archangel.

The chat between Asuran and Shinn is one of those moments that we'll remember when the series is done. Great dialogue, as mentioned before. Great scenery, as well!

I have to agree about the Chopsticks version which was a great explination for the delay and a correct one.

That aside look for the redheads to die over Lacus and Meer. Though I would be happy with Meer dying at any point i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I don't need a more slutty version of a good character.

As far as Dullindal goed do note he's made every effort to influence the people who made the biggest differnce in seed as much as possible and probably was behind the colloney drop attempt of Junius 7. Also he is the only person who would try and kill Lacus as he has the most to gain from it with his puppet of Meer who he's probably also using for favors the same way he's using Minerva's captain. I mean it wouldn't be a Gundam series if both sides arn't proven to be wrong so the main characters can in turn fight for themselves.

Curium
Thu, 02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by: Lostprophet8
Dullindal is really good at looking like a nice guy and honest leader. He obviously has the crew of the Minervia fooled. Could this mean that the Minervia and Archangel will clash? Only time will tell.

Personally I think at least Talia is a little suspisious of Dullindal. Not so much that it bothers her, but enough that she will listen to counter points without pre-judging. There is no question in my mind that she considers him decietful or at least pulling some strings to get things acomplished "unofficially", though not aware of all of them.

Originally posted by: DDBen

As far as Dullindal goed do note he's made every effort to influence the people who made the biggest differnce in seed as much as possible and probably was behind the colloney drop attempt of Junius 7. Also he is the only person who would try and kill Lacus as he has the most to gain from it with his puppet of Meer who he's probably also using for favors the same way he's using Minerva's captain. I mean it wouldn't be a Gundam series if both sides arn't proven to be wrong so the main characters can in turn fight for themselves.

I haven't seen any evidence of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mia is pulling some strings as well pretending to be Lacus. She could have sent the team to assasinate the real Lacus, and once she is the undisputed "real" Lacus the team would have gotten some favors from her position for doing the dirty work. Again with no evidence I'm not ready to commit to that, but I thought I would put it out there for consideration (and if I'm right so I can say go look at this post and say "I told you so" ).i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Fri, 02-18-2005, 05:17 AM
since dulinandal controls mia and got gaurds with her 24/7 i dont think thats possible. i think dulinandal is the bad guy here he got some stuff up his sleeve thats for sure.

Aramis
Fri, 02-18-2005, 06:31 AM
HEhe lots of important information in this episode as well as some utterly unsignificant details..minerva's announcer girl can't fit in luna's skirt.
Kingdom of Scandinavia? the world is very messed up in this anime.

Lostprophet8
Fri, 02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by: Aramis
HEhe lots of important information in this episode as well as some utterly unsignificant details..minerva's announcer girl can't fit in luna's skirt.
Kingdom of Scandinavia? the world is very messed up in this anime.

I don't think it is insignificant as much as it is charecter building for a minor charecter so we actually care when she dies.

Guardian_2000
Fri, 02-18-2005, 12:51 PM
SEED-Fansub link as I hadn't seen one. Just got back from Linux World Expo so it seems I missed the big review of the ep. Most of the comments I share. It was a good character development ep. I enjoyed the part where the two mechanics were talking as well. The sabotague comment was really funny. Then Athrun hearing them. the whole not fitting in the dress was good too.

For those that care. Conil Almeta is the young girl in the next ep. She is with the anti-Alliance resistance in Eurasia's Western Galnahan. I believe she is 14-years-old.

http://seed.eatshoe.com/torrents/%5BSEED-Fansubs%5D%20Gundam%20SEED%20Destiny%20-%2017.avi.torrent

Shanekun
Fri, 02-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Nah i don't REALLY think Dullindal is the bad one. Hes mor elike a... grey one... somthing like Zechs in Wing. maybe.

If he is.. oh well. wrong guess. I think hes just a VERY intelligent man, who knows how to manipulate the masses with the right tools. At the moment he is using the Lacus wannabe to lull the PLANT ppl into being more peaceful, gets the council to go the Selfdefending war without territorrial things way to look better to the news watcher and sends the Minerva on an errand tour to free People (which up to now are incidently all of darker colored skin) from the oppression of the EAF to get them some hero status (nothing like a Space flagship approaching a base and beow it hundreds of farmesr with their Forks and shovels ready to fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

But may god help them if he decides to use the masses for more... evil... purposes.

Curium
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
since dulinandal controls mia and got gaurds with her 24/7 i dont think thats possible. i think dulinandal is the bad guy here he got some stuff up his sleeve thats for sure.

Personally I don't see that. The while she had guards with her, it doesn't mean they are with her when she is not in public, and also it has never been declared who the guards are loyal too. Are they really there because Dullindal ordered them or because they were hired by Mia?

Curium
Fri, 02-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by: Shanekun
Nah i don't REALLY think Dullindal is the bad one. Hes mor elike a... grey one... somthing like Zechs in Wing. maybe.

Acctually that reminds me of somthing. Most of the time in Gundam there is some kind of change at or near the top of the factions. Not always legally or peacefully. In the first Seed Lacus' peace minded father was was the supreme chairman in PLANT before the people decided to back Patrick Zala who took over. Other examples can be seen in other Gundams. In Wing, it started with the Earth Forces being at the forfront politically, then they were betrayed by Oz lead by Treize, then Treize was "fired" and Romefeller came to the forefront which lead to a revolt by Treize loyalists.

Thus, another theory I want to throw out, the person pulling the strings may be someone we haven't seen yet (or maybe was just in the background).

Along those same lines, the idiot that almost married Cagalli and his father may move up the ranks of the EAF leadership.

Also what ever happened to that guy who was pulling the strings of the EAF earlier in the series (ordering the nuclear attack and all)?

PSJ
Sat, 02-19-2005, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

Personally I don't see that. The while she had guards with her, it doesn't mean they are with her when she is not in public, and also it has never been declared who the guards are loyal too. Are they really there because Dullindal ordered them or because they were hired by Mia?

since dulinandal practicly made mia he got soem say in things to, he cant just let her run around and do whatever she wants just because she looks like lacus. mia probably doesnt know where the real lacus is. and for the body guard thing, mia is a great influence on the troops of ZAFT do you really think dulinandal will let her walk around on her own?

jing
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:50 AM
i always thought the main criminal mastermind was the guy with the cat... shit what was his name again, haven't seen him for so long, and what happened to him?

GLS
Sat, 02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by: jing
i always thought the main criminal mastermind was the guy with the cat... shit what was his name again, haven't seen him for so long, and what happened to him?

His name is Djibril, of Blue Cosmos.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I bet Dulinandal and Djibril are both evil in their own ways.

Dulinandal cannot be trusted, he has told too many lies.