PDA

View Full Version : Food Discussion

Hellraiser
Sat, 02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Let's talk about different kinds of food, and maybe post some recipes. I'll start with pho. Pho is vietnamese beef noodles. It's probably the best bang for the buck meal you could get. My favorite pho is pho tai, which is rice noodle and sliced rare beef. Your turn.

Board of Command
Sat, 02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
My favorite meat-food is pig intestines. Only China sells genuine pig intestines. So goddamn tasty, but gotta look for the lean ones. The fat ones are...fat.

My favorite junk food is kettle chips. Any flavor will do except salt+vinegar.

My favorite drink is Frutopia Fruit Integration.

My favorite western food is pizza, preferably with lots of meat.

My favorite vegetable dish is sauteed asparagus.

My favorite fruit is Fugi apple.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:17 AM
@ BOC What are kettle chips???? Are they like potato chips????

kAi
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:35 AM
Shi_No_Shikaku: yeah potato chips. chilli's my favourite kettle chip.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by: Shi_No_Shikaku
@ BOC What are kettle chips???? Are they like potato chips????
Wow man where are you from??

Winged Dancer
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Pig intestines??? Jesus. That's sold in my country as well, a lot... but I can't eat it. Just knowing what it is makes my stomach churn. Ew.

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
Pig intestines??? Jesus. That's sold in my country as well, a lot... but I can't eat it. Just knowing what it is makes my stomach churn. Ew.

same here. we call it morsilla. I actually got used to the taste. I hated it when i was younger but its not that bad now

Winged Dancer
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:55 AM
The original Morcilla is basically blood, coagulated so that it becomes a cake of sorts. It's not so bad.

Here, intestines, stomach, etc, is called Pancita.... which literally means "tummy". Mexican also eat the meat behind the head, under the chin, around the legs... er, almost everywhere. I don't think there's any animal-part we don't use. Like criadillas - if you are ever offered criadillas, be wary. That's horse's testicles what you're about to eat.

Truthfully, I love my country's food - is the best. But I can't eat all of the things I mentioned above.

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I try anything at least once. for now the strangest thing ive eaten is iguana when i was vacationing in cancun. I actually thought it was chicken

EDIT: your mexican winged dancer?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Why does all meat apart from beef and lamb taste like chicken?

Munsu
Sun, 02-13-2005, 03:56 PM
you are being lied to

Deblas
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
you are being lied to

What are you talking about. And whats with this suspense thing( you are being lied to). Just say it in one go.

Turkish-S
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
the stranged thing i ate whas lams brains wasn't 2 bad...
i also ate a cow tongue that was really disquosting

Mae
Sun, 02-13-2005, 04:23 PM
My mother once served cow tongue when one of my friends was visiting... She refused to eat it.... Said she wouldn't eat anything that could taste her back....

Around here (NC, USA) the barbeque is really good, kind of shredded, sweet, and very spicey.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer
The original Morcilla is basically blood, coagulated so that it becomes a cake of sorts. It's not so bad.

Here, intestines, stomach, etc, is called Pancita.... which literally means "tummy". Mexican also eat the meat behind the head, under the chin, around the legs... er, almost everywhere. I don't think there's any animal-part we don't use. Like criadillas - if you are ever offered criadillas, be wary. That's horse's testicles what you're about to eat.

Truthfully, I love my country's food - is the best. But I can't eat all of the things I mentioned above.
Coagulated pig blood is pretty popular in China too. Unlike you guys, we just call it pig blood. I never liked that stuff though. Pig intestines, on the other hand, I've always loved. The taste is unparalleled.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Hmm looks like we have our selfs a little bit of "Fear Factor" level eaters eh.

Pig intestines...I remember someone on Fear Factor having to eat it, he almost barfed.

But hey your saying somethign else, i should try it before sometime I die.

Mut
Sun, 02-13-2005, 09:51 PM
italian & mexican.

SK
Sun, 02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
mexican, italian is ok, chinese, japanese, but my favorite is puerto rican food.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: -ANBU-Sasuke-
Hmm looks like we have our selfs a little bit of "Fear Factor" level eaters eh.

Pig intestines...I remember someone on Fear Factor having to eat it, he almost barfed.

But hey your saying somethign else, i should try it before sometime I die.
It's really not as bad as you think. The idea of eating is nasty, but once it's in your mouth you'll think otherwise.

Hellraiser
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:42 PM
i ate a chicken heart once, not half bad.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
don't think i would ever eat pig intestine or anything like that >_<

But I like Japanese, Korean, and German foods ^^

Board of Command
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:51 PM
You should. It's healthy. In fact, Chinese people are really into eating organs. We eat all sorts of organs. Pig liver is probably the most popular one, though I hate it. Cow stomach is pretty big too, although it's pretty expensive and considered a luxury. Oh, and pig tongue and pig ear are great. They're cooked the exact same way. The cartilage on the ear is nice and crunchy, and the skin is pretty juicy. Good stuff.

and btw, chicken heart is nothing. I eat them by the bowls. You westerners are too strict on which foods are considered "edible". If it's from an animal, it's edible, ok? That's excluding fecal matter. Bones are edible too once you boil them long enough.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:56 PM
BOC I'll pass on that, ~_~ I'll stick with non organ foods.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 02-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Hmmm... only organs I've ever eaten are lamb liver and kidneys... Other than that its just meat.

Deblas
Mon, 02-14-2005, 10:32 AM
haha. looks like it wouldnt be a problem for us to be in fear factor and win i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas
haha. looks like it wouldnt be a problem for us to be in fear factor and win

lol yeah, looks like you guys would have a big advantage =X

Souryusen
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Mexican, some italian, middle-eastern, japanese (as long as there's wasabi)

Single favorite food is...... Jelly Beans. Them Jelly Bellies are like crack.

Turkish-S
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
yezz in turkey they are eating also evrything of a lam or a cow no pig thow nothing of a pig but eaven the darm's of an lam

KitKat
Mon, 02-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Have you ever tried Starburst Jelly Beans? Once I started eating them, I couldn't go back to regular jelly beans. So good...

In terms of favourite ethnic food, I really like mexican and italian. I'm not really very adventurous, when it comes to food. I prefer to stick with the things I know and like. One of my absolute favourites right now is Taco Pie. Maybe if I have some time later I'll post the recipe up in my blog space.